PDA

View Full Version : Trump: On second thought, never mind a DACA-for-wall swap

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Say what? Just a couple of weeks ago, Donald Trump went on national television to make an offer to trade a three-year extension of the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) programs for $5.7 billion in border-wall funding. In an interview with the Daily Caller (https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/30/exclusive-trump-daca-wall-deal-unlikely/) published today, Trump reversed course and said no concessions would be made on DACA until the Supreme Court took up the challenges to its constitutionality:

President Donald Trump cast doubt on speculation that he may be willing to offer up concessions on the DACA program in exchange for border wall funding in his ongoing dispute with Congress, in an exclusive Oval Office interview with The Daily Caller.
“I could see myself doing something for DACA but I want to find out what the Supreme Court is going to do first,” Trump said, noting that “it’s highly unlikely” that he would be willing to discuss the program during current negotiations over funding for a border wall.
“Cast doubt on speculation“? Trump explicitly offered this deal on January 19th (https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/19/trump-heres-deal/), from the White House, on national television.

More at: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/31/trump-second-thought-never-mind-daca-wall-swap/

It was never a real offer, he made it because he knew they wouldn't take it.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:37 PM
Trump says he has, “Set the stage for what’s going to happen on the 15th of February” (at 17:47):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=233SfYqwmCo

Origanalist
02-01-2019, 06:38 PM
Say what? Just a couple of weeks ago, Donald Trump went on national television to make an offer to trade a three-year extension of the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) programs for $5.7 billion in border-wall funding. In an interview with the Daily Caller (https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/30/exclusive-trump-daca-wall-deal-unlikely/) published today, Trump reversed course and said no concessions would be made on DACA until the Supreme Court took up the challenges to its constitutionality:

President Donald Trump cast doubt on speculation that he may be willing to offer up concessions on the DACA program in exchange for border wall funding in his ongoing dispute with Congress, in an exclusive Oval Office interview with The Daily Caller.
“I could see myself doing something for DACA but I want to find out what the Supreme Court is going to do first,” Trump said, noting that “it’s highly unlikely” that he would be willing to discuss the program during current negotiations over funding for a border wall.
“Cast doubt on speculation“? Trump explicitly offered this deal on January 19th (https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/19/trump-heres-deal/), from the White House, on national television.

More at: https://hotair.com/archives/2019/01/31/trump-second-thought-never-mind-daca-wall-swap/

It was never a real offer, he made it because he knew they wouldn't take it.

It was a real offer, he just flipped because they wouldn't take it.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:39 PM
:rolleyes:
They said they wouldn't take it before he offered it.
He made it to expose their fanaticism and treason.

Origanalist
02-01-2019, 06:42 PM
They said they wouldn't take it before he offered it.
He made it to expose their fanaticism and treason.

He just said that hoping it would cause them to take it. He would have jumped on it.

Stratovarious
02-01-2019, 06:46 PM
I was wrong, I said he could never get that 'daca' offer off the table, I love being wrong
on things like this. yoooohooooo!

phill4paul
02-01-2019, 06:47 PM
I dunno, this guy is the most interesting/entertaining POTUS in my lifetime. Since there is no way in hell an actually liberty candidate could get elected, or if elected achieve anything but getting deaded, he's got my vote in 2020. Keep this circus going. Division is EXACTLY what is needed.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:47 PM
He just said that hoping it would cause them to take it. He would have jumped on it.

Origanalist
02-01-2019, 06:49 PM

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

angelatc
02-01-2019, 06:50 PM

They were stupid not to take it. There's a pretty significant chance that SCOTUS is going to say Obama overstepped his authority and dustbin the whole thing.

Origanalist
02-01-2019, 06:51 PM
They were stupid not to take it. There's a pretty significant chance that SCOTUS is going to say Obama overstepped his authority and dustbin the whole thing.

Yep.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:52 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

angelatc
02-01-2019, 06:52 PM
I dunno, this guy is the most interesting/entertaining POTUS in my lifetime. Since there is no way in hell an actually liberty candidate could get elected, or if elected achieve anything but getting deaded, he's got my vote in 2020. Keep this circus going. Division is EXACTLY what is needed.

RIght? I wouldn't have voted for CHristie, but I remember telling my husband that if he won, at least he'd be funny and animated but he looks downright stoic compared to Trump.

Origanalist
02-01-2019, 09:15 PM
RIght? I wouldn't have voted for CHristie, but I remember telling my husband that if he won, at least he'd be funny and animated but he looks downright stoic compared to Trump.

You think he's funny and animated? I dunno. I think he would completely die as a stand up.

nbhadja
02-01-2019, 10:31 PM

No, he made the offer knowing the dems would turn it down and he can build the wall without congress. He has said so many times. Everyone knew they would turn it down. He offered it to expose the dems as treasonous open border fanatics. Trump is already building the wall right now and he will declare a national emergency soon and get it done even faster. Since he will avoid congress he will not have to give into the dem demands of DACA etc. Why make concessions when you can go around congress and build the wall without them?

Origanalist
02-02-2019, 03:25 AM
No, he made the offer knowing the dems would turn it down and he can build the wall without congress. He has said so many times. Everyone knew they would turn it down. He offered it to expose the dems as treasonous open border fanatics. Trump is already building the wall right now and he will declare a national emergency soon and get it done even faster. Since he will avoid congress he will not have to give into the dem demands of DACA etc. Why make concessions when you can go around congress and build the wall without them?

No, he made the offer because he secretly loves latinos and want to turn America brown.He's building a wall so he can funnel them into FEMA camps and train them to take over the country and make everybody eat taco's.

Aratus
02-05-2019, 07:30 PM
bait and switch or bait & switch? he never keeps his word in full. he did a bait and switch flipflop deliberately, then he polled a tad.