PDA

View Full Version : The Left’s War on Normal

Anti Federalist
02-01-2019, 07:58 AM
The Left’s War on Normal

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-lefts-war-on-normal/

by David Cole

January 29, 2019

The Wire was the critically acclaimed HBO series that told the story of the Baltimore drug trade from a variety of perspectives (cops, dealers, importers, longshoremen, kids, and crooked journalists). Unfortunately, praise for The Wire all too often emanates from leftist white hipsters who’ve probably never actually seen a single episode. But the truth is, The Wire really was exceptional TV.

The reason The Walking Dead will never be remembered as “great” (popular, sure…but so was that Paris Hilton reality show a decade ago) is that its revolving-door showrunners insist on continuously repeating the same script. The heroes stumble upon a megalomaniacal postapocalyptic human with a cultlike band of violent followers. And again, and again, and again. Different names, same plot. But on The Wire, because that show was actually crafted with care and intelligence, when Baltimore drug lord Stringer Bell was killed and his partner imprisoned, the writers saw to it that the next drug kingpin would be cut from a different cloth. Bell was an organizer and an orator, a larger-than-life character with grand schemes. Replacing him was Marlo Stanfield. Marlo knew nothing of oratory. He was a dead-eyed, cold-blooded killer with no ambitions beyond ruling his hood. He wasn’t trying to bring anyone together or “civilize” the drug business. In fact, as one particular street dealer pointed out, Marlo loved “killing ******* just cuz he can, not because of business, not for profit; just cuz he can.”

Idris Elba became a star thanks to his performance as Bell, but I think Jamie Hector’s understated, coldly inhuman Marlo was an even better characterization.

In season 4, Marlo loses a good deal of money at an all-night card game. Pissed off, he wanders into a convenience store in the early-morning hours, as he waits for his lieutenant to come pick him up. As the Asian clerk isn’t looking, he swipes some candy, in plain view of the store’s paunchy, middle-aged black security guard. Marlo had more than enough money to pay for that candy, but he stole it “just cuz he can.” The guard follows Marlo outside and lectures him about disrespect and what it means to be a hardworking family man with a shitty job who has to put up with neighborhood thugs mocking him to his face.

With an iciness that’s absolutely bone-chilling, Marlo stares the guard straight in the eyes and says, “You want it to be one way. But it’s the other way.”

The security guard hates his reality. He hates his job, his neighborhood, and the “rules” of the street that reward the violent and conscienceless and punish those who obey the law. He wants reality to be one way, but in fact it’s the other way.

Marlo proceeds to get into a pricey SUV chauffeured by his right-hand man, and coolly drives off (days later, the guard turns up dead).

“You want it to be one way. But it’s the other way.” It’s a great line, and I find myself recalling it every time the left opens another front in its war against normal. Because at its core, that’s leftism. Since the days in which communists proclaimed the creation of the “New Soviet Man”—an engineered human devoid of self-interest and caring only to serve the state (oddly, the “New Soviet Man” ceased to exist the minute belief in it was no longer enforced at gunpoint)—the left has been all about trying to reinvent normal.

Last week, left-wing West Wing television hack Aaron Sorkin, who’s as likely to ever create a show as timeless as The Wire as a retarded lemur with a typewriter is likely to write Hamlet, blasphemed against the left’s war on normal, by urging his beloved Democrats to stop obsessing about issues like letting men in lipstick and dresses use women’s bathrooms. “I think that there’s a great opportunity here, now more than ever, for Democrats to be the non-stupid party, to point out the difference—that it’s not just about transgender bathrooms. That’s a Republican talking point. They’re trying to distract you with that.” Needless to say, everyone from actual retarded lemur Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to prominent gay activists to the rapidly vanishing loons who write for the Huffington Post slithered onto social media to “clap back” at Sorkin (small aside…how the fuck did that become such a widely used news-media term?). On Twitter, “progressives” took their former darling to task for being a transphobe, a homophobe, and pretty much every other phobe in the leftist lexicon.

How could Sorkin, who’s been pandering to left-wing audiences for damn near 25 years, so badly misjudge his base? Well, Sorkin is a simpleminded party-line Democrat, as uninspired in his thinking as he is in his writing. “High taxes! Big government! Welfare! Free health care! Oppose interventionism and war when a Republican is president; cheer it when the prez is a Democrat (or when a Republican president is actually against interventionism and war). Abortions for all, and don’t forget to recycle those dead fetuses in the proper green trash bin, because global warming is killing the planet!” To an extent, Dems like Sorkin are to the left what the neocons are to the right; they stick with the safe, time-tested issues, and they feign ignorance (or have made themselves purposely ignorant) of the fact that some in their circle have a more radical agenda.

In fact, to the increasingly powerful far-left wing of the Democrat Party, trannies in the bathroom is not only a defining issue, it may very well be the defining issue. When Sorkin says “it’s not just about transgender bathrooms,” the Ocasio-Cortez crowd “claps back” that in fact it’s all about transgender bathrooms. These folks understand that the key to accomplishing their goals is to undermine the underpinnings of human society: the traditional two-parent family, women who actually want to get married to a man and have kids, and traditional gender roles. Far-leftists despise the very notion of “boys” and “girls.” They’re at war with biology, they’re at war with human nature, they’re at war with reality itself.

They want it to be one way, but it’s the other way.

Unfortunately, unlike The Wire’s hapless security guard, the left has amassed the muscle to torment the rest of us by trying to alter reality by force. On The Wire, Marlo represented the reality of his neighborhood, and the security guard represented bitter, frustrated wishful thinking. Marlo had the power; on The Wire, reality always won. And in real life, reality always will win. The left’s endless war against “the way things are” is always a losing one, but that eventual defeat inevitably comes at the expense of countless lives. For most of the 20th century, the Soviets tried to beat, bully, and stomp the belief in God out of the Russian populace. In the end, reality won (it’s a simple truth that most humans believe in God, and even after seventy years of enforced atheism, Russians remained overwhelmingly Christian. These days, atheists make up a mere 13% of the population). But how many people were killed or imprisoned in the course of the left’s failed war?

Hardcore leftists have never been shy about explaining why tranny advocacy is so important to them. The ultimate goal is to “liberate” the world from traditional values and, in the words of The Guardian’s Yvonne Roberts, “reshape society.” But Roberts is quick to add that “we can’t leave change to osmosis.” Indeed not; the left always needs to resort to whatever level of force it can get away with. Here in California, we don’t have gulags (much to our state Democrats’ dismay), but we do now have a ban on saying “he” and “she” in the State Senate.

It’s very easy to think that the left is winning its war against those who refuse to accept that donning lipstick magically makes a man a woman in not only the legal but the biological sense. Academic papers arguing that “gender fluidity” is either a fad or a pathology (as opposed to a biological constant) are censored, and opposition to the tranny agenda is quashed online. And sure, there is more than a little “osmosis” going on. The number of kids who think it’s cool to identify as “fluid” is exploding, and most Americans think there are six times more trans people in the U.S. than there actually are (funny enough, although Americans think this nation is swarming with trannies, a 2013 survey found that, when asked if they’d ever met one, 89% of the respondents answered “no,” and 2% answered “I don’t know,” leaving only 9% who’d ever actually seen one of these supposedly commonplace beings). But I’m not overly pessimistic. As I wrote in a column three years ago, “Reality doesn’t care if you acknowledge it or not; reality always wins in the end.”

If I could sum up why I think the left will eventually lose this one, I’d utter two words: GameStop tranny. Last month, a deep-voiced dude with a women’s haircut, sporting hoop earrings, a pink top, and a handbag, trashed a videogame store in Albuquerque because the clerk dared to call him “sir” instead of “ma’am,” even though he’s obviously a sir. The misbegotten creature at the center of the story, “Tiffany” Moore, has tried to present himself as a hero, and many in the media have been doing their best to support him/her/it. But this is a losing battle. The truth is, Moore looks ridiculous. Leftists want us to look at Moore and not laugh, but that’s just not going to happen. Ironically, if leftists were honest and admitted that most trannies have serious mental issues, we probably wouldn’t laugh, as mocking the insane went out of style with London’s infamous Bedlam tours. We mock trannies because we’re told they’re normal, and if they’re normal—if a freak like Moore is as natural and healthy as freckles on a redhead—then they’re open to mockery, like all other normal human variations.

The more the left forces us to accept the “Tiffany” Moores as normal, the more pushback there will be. Yes, the left’s use of the force of law and the power of social-media censorship will work for a time. But suppressing something is not the same as eliminating it. Surely the Soviet Union taught us that. And a pragmatic, predictable party hack like Aaron Sorkin recognizes this. He knows a long-term losing strategy when he sees one. The Democrats’ embrace of racial identity politics is smarter, because for better or worse (and I’m not saying better), the idea of being true to your racial “kin” is rooted in nature. Trannyism is an artificial invention.

The majority of us will never allow ourselves to be forced into seeing people like “Tiffany” Moore as normal, or above mockery. To repeat the opening theme of this piece, on trannies, leftists want it one way. But it’s the other way. And in the end, Marlo, or should I say reality, will prevail.

euphemia
02-01-2019, 08:05 AM
But what I hear Libertarians say is that people should be allowed to do whatever they want without regard to societal norms.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2019, 08:10 AM
But what I hear Libertarians say is that people should be allowed to do whatever they want without regard to societal norms.

I think the distinguishing difference is:

Is it against "the law"?

euphemia
02-01-2019, 08:39 AM
But that’s not what your article was about. Your article is about the left’s war on normal. Gently said, I think what you want is for the left to stop attacking your idea of normal, or what has generally been accepted as normal for most of history.

Frankly I get a little sick of the agenda, so please don’t misunderstand what I’m saying to you. The current brand of Libertarianism as espoused by the LP is probably incompatible with anything normal, which is why they consistently lose the argument.

fisharmor
02-01-2019, 09:11 AM
But that’s not what your article was about. Your article is about the left’s war on normal. Gently said, I think what you want is for the left to stop attacking your idea of normal, or what has generally been accepted as normal for most of history.
I don't have any interest in preserving what is "normal" and neither should anyone on this site.
Abortion is normal.
Street executions by police are normal.
Foreign interventionism is normal.
People getting arrested and interrogated for quoting movies on Facebook is normal.

I have an interest in redefining normal, sure. But the point of the article is that normal exists independent of what we wish.

Allow me a tie-in with another pet issue of mine: Autism. It's pretty similar to transgenderism, actually.
In both cases, they've been known about for a long time.
In both cases, tons of people who don't belong in that category are getting dumped into the same bucket.
In both cases, there is a serious attempt underway to normalize them.
What used to be a bona fide mental condition is being explained away as simply part of humanity. We're expected to accept prima fascie that despite the fact that the majority of us never witnessed either outside of film prior to a few years ago, they've always been all around us.

The point of the article is that we know what normal is. We know that a child punching himself in the face for ten minutes straight does not, CAN NOT belong in the "normal" bucket.
We likewise know that a man in lipstick trashing a business is not normal.
The other point is that the people who are trying to sell this demonstrably new normality are supposed to be scientists. They've been set up for the past century as the final arbiters of truth, and they're failing spectacularly.

It's no coincidence he brought up the Soviets. There's the perfect example of gunpoint-enforced normality... and as stated, the exact second the guns were lowered, it was rejected completely.

People know these things. I suspect the reason scientism has been rejecting this idea with such fervor recently is because they know they're losing the battle for our souls. You can't easily have innate understandings shared by mankind without God.

The current brand of Libertarianism as espoused by the LP is probably incompatible with anything normal, which is why they consistently lose the argument.
No argument here. The LP was ridiculous the first time I ran into them in the 90s, and nothing has changed. It's still the "I just want to smoke pot and sleep with hookers" party, and the only reason I would genuinely vote for McAfee is because he would be the first candidate in history who actually believed what the party preaches.

Anti Globalist
02-01-2019, 10:44 AM
Is there anything the Left doesn't want to start a war against?

AuH20
02-01-2019, 10:52 AM

That's why they have aligned with the prime evil.

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 12:36 PM
That's why they have aligned with the prime evil.

Anyone in a position of power must do so...

That is a reality that goes beyond anyone's politics.

It is recorded in Like 4,, and displayed throughout history..

And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 12:41 PM

The devil always gives two bad choices to fight over.

but Social Engineering has been a long and ongoing process. and will continue till it is as bad as it was when it was Flooded out.

dannno
02-01-2019, 01:36 PM

Yes, two things. Satan and seitan.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 05:14 PM
They are free to do as they wish and others are free to react as they wish.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 05:16 PM
Anyone in a position of power must do so...

That is a reality that goes beyond anyone's politics.

It is recorded in Like 4,, and displayed throughout history..
As I have told you many times: The devil's power to choose the rulers of the earth is limited, scripture is full of rulers chosen by GOD and it isn't unreasonable to assume that GOD sometimes takes a hands off approach and forces the devil to do the same and leave it to the people as a test.

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 05:51 PM
As I have told you many times: The devil's power to choose the rulers of the earth is limited, scripture is full of rulers chosen by GOD and it isn't unreasonable to assume that GOD sometimes takes a hands off approach and forces the devil to do the same and leave it to the people as a test.

Read the Book of Job..

over and over to you see it.

God is not evil and does not do evil.
That is the Devil.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 05:53 PM
Read the Book of Job..

over and over to you see it.

God is not evil and does not do evil.
That is the Devil.
I know, but if you read the rest of the book you will see many rulers that he chose either to perform works that he planned or to test them.

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 05:59 PM
I know, but if you read the rest of the book you will see many rulers that he chose either to perform works that he planned or to test them.

God often takes responsibility for Satan's deeds. That does not mean he did it,, or wanted it..

He allows it... Rope to be hanged with.

Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered My servant Job? For there is no one on earth like him--blameless and upright, fearing God and shunning evil. He still retains his integrity, even though you incited Me against him to ruin him without cause."

Satan attacked Job.. God did not.. but he takes the responsibility..

Satan appoints leaders after the manner of Nimrod.
God does not.

ThePaleoLibertarian
02-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Libertarianism is not about deconstructing societal norms.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:02 PM
God often takes responsibility for Satan's deeds. That does not mean he did it,, or wanted it..

He allows it... Rope to be hanged with.

Satan attacked Job.. God did not.. but he takes the responsibility..

Satan appoints leaders after the manner of Nimrod.
God does not.
So Satan appointed Cyrus to free the Jews and allow them to build GOD's temple?

There are many rulers that are chosen by GOD to perform works that he planned or to test them.

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 06:16 PM
So Satan appointed Cyrus to free the Jews and allow them to build GOD's temple?

Nope,, Satan gives power. This worlds authority..

God can turn evil to good. He does not do evil.

As for you, what you intended against me for evil, God intended for good, in order to accomplish a day like this— to preserve the lives of many people.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 06:26 PM
Then GOD must have chosen Cyrus as he the prophecy predicted.
If he can choose Cyrus he can choose others.

And GOD also gives people tests to see if they will use them as a stepping stone or a stumbling block.

euphemia
02-01-2019, 07:36 PM
Libertarianism is not about deconstructing societal norms.

If they are Libertarians, they do. Normal is a standard applied to a group. Constitutional liberty is for the individual.

For a non political example: In humans, it is normal for the body temperature to be 98.6 degrees. My body temperature runs about half a degree lower. Measured as part of the human species I am not normal. Measured against myself, I am normal at 98.1.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 07:41 PM
If they are Libertarians, they do. Normal is a standard applied to a group. Constitutional liberty is for the individual.

For a no political example: In humans, it is normal for the body temperature to be 98.6 degrees. My body temperature runs about half a degree lower. Measured as part of the human species I am not normal. Measured against myself, I am normal at 98.1.
Libertarianism is about stopping the use of government to enforce norms, it is NOT about deconstructing them in society.
That is cultural marxism, and many libertarians have been infected with it.

euphemia
02-01-2019, 07:47 PM
That’s kind of the LP take, though. The LP has never gone on record to say it would revoke the special protections on special interest groups.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 07:50 PM
That’s kind of the LP take, though. The LP has never gone on record to say it would revoke the special protections on special interest groups.
Further proof that the LP is controlled opposition.

euphemia
02-01-2019, 08:09 PM
Further proof that the LP is controlled opposition.

Which was kind of the point in 2018.

AuH20
02-01-2019, 08:15 PM
The LP would condemn force against the USG if it came to it. 100%. Phonies.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 08:19 PM
The LP would condemn force against the USG if it came to it. 100%. Phonies.
They will embrace world government soon enough.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2019, 08:21 PM

Man subverts the meaning of evil.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their collective sins of the flesh.

Today we are told "wicked sinners" are things to be proud of, therefore making God a homicidal maniac.

Occam's Banana
02-01-2019, 08:25 PM

Some hedonic nihilists who call themselves "libertarians" (or "Libertarians") might say such things.

But libertarian theory certainly does not.

euphemia
02-01-2019, 08:33 PM
Some hedonic nihilists who call themselves "libertarians" (or "Libertarians") might say such things.

But libertarian theory certainly does not.

Agreed. But the label is out there and identified with a specific group of people who do.

AuH20
02-01-2019, 08:36 PM
Man subverts the meaning of evil.

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for their collective sins of the flesh.

Today we are told "wicked sinners" are things to be proud of, therefore making God a homicidal maniac.

Agreed. But the label is out there and identified with a specific group of people who do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjChn36J0ZI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiK0fdPv8Y

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 09:44 PM
And GOD also gives people tests to see if they will use them as a stepping stone or a stumbling block.

I have heard people say that.. Perhaps they know nothing of Prayer.

Matthew 6:9-13 King James Version (KJV)

9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Satan throws enough tests and temptations.. More than enough.

God provides the means to overcome.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, He will also provide an escape, so that you can stand up under it.

(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— if all this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment.

Swordsmyth
02-01-2019, 09:48 PM
I have heard people say that.. Perhaps they know nothing of Prayer.

Satan throws enough tests and temptations.. More than enough.

God provides the means to overcome.
:rolleyes:
Giving someone an opportunity is not leading them into temptation.

pcosmar
02-01-2019, 10:07 PM
:rolleyes:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dqBvL1fuBXM/hqdefault.jpg

Mach
02-02-2019, 08:30 PM
The Lefts War on White People.

It's funny, that's supposedly so terrible to even say, but they're the ones that make all of this an issue and constantly advertise ("news") the subject on a daily basis.

So sick of this video unavailable crap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVruEq-Gupks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVruEq-Gupks

Anti Federalist
02-06-2019, 06:32 AM
The Social Justice Strangler Gets a Free Pass

https://www.takimag.com/article/the-social-justice-strangler-gets-a-free-pass/

by David Cole

February 05, 2019

The Social Justice Strangler Gets a Free Pass
photo credit: Bigstock
“Reality hits you hard, bro” is a phrase that was immortalized in a 2011 viral news interview with Arizona “eccentric” George Lindell following a violent car accident. In 2016, Lindell went viral again for less endearing reasons, but his catchphrase remains true: Reality hits you hard.

As two young ladies found out last week in Downtown L.A.

Two white chicks were hanging out in Downtown’s fashionable Murder District looking to buy designer hot dogs from one of the city’s many overpriced “urban” food wagons (“Er mah gerd, Meggan, this is, like, an authentic Mexican hot dog”). Ahead of them in line was a gangster-rapper wannabe named Arka Sangbarani Oroojian (an Irishman, no doubt) who was displeased with the hot dog vendor’s prices. Oroojian, a hulking 6-foot-3, 250-pound brute who goes by the rap name “The Virtue,” began loudly berating the vendor. One of the women asked Oroojian to move aside so they could get their food (“ER MER GERD, how long do I have to wait for my indigenous Oaxacan kosher frank?”), and, as the two petite young ladies tell it, Oroojian started wailing on them. As “The Virtue” tells it, the women spat on him, and before he knew it they were coming at him with a flurry of punches and kicks.

By the time the hipsters and homeless of Downtown started shooting with their phones, the battle was on. Two smallish babes duking it out with Gorillarian the Armenian Behemoth.

I’m not saying the video is funny. No footage of people getting hurt is ever funny. Have I covered myself well enough? Okay. The video is kinda funny. The girl in white comes at Oroojian, fists at the ready; he socks her to the ground. The girl in black comes at Oroojian, fists at the ready; he socks her to the ground. The girl in white gets up and comes at Oroojian again, fists at the ready; he socks her to the ground. The girl in black comes at Oroojian again, fists at the ready; he socks her to the ground. Finally, the girl in white returns, and attempts to throw one of those stagy “bad stuntman” TV-show punches, the kind you see coming a mile away (so the hero can easily block it and sock the bad guy to the ground). Oroojian blocks it and socks her to the ground. With both girls down for the count, Oroojian gallops away.

Both women suffered facial bruises and a concussion.

Look, it really isn’t funny. But the simple fact is, those women were clearly outmatched. What the fuck was with coming back for round after round? It was like a Chuck Norris film, where the ninjas attack one at a time. When white-jacket girl came back for round 3, what the hell did she think had changed after rounds 1 and 2 that this time she could make a dent in the guy? Oroojian’s attorney told local media that the girls’ tenacity proves that they were the aggressors. I’m not so sure; I think feminist “grrrl power” ideology had simply corrupted their sense of reality. Young women these days are reared on hundreds of films and TV shows in which petite cutie-pies beat up giant men. Actress Lucy Liu is 5-foot-3 and weighs less than my beer gut, but in the Charlie’s Angels films she’s shown kicking guys like Oroojian clear across a room. Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron, Milla Jovovich, Keira Knightley, the skeletal Angelina Jolie, and so many other small-boned actresses have portrayed action chicks who can send a giant man flying with one punch.

“It’s good to know that you can totally strangle an innocent guy in Plattsburgh as long as it’s in the name of social justice.”
In the Emma Peel seasons of the Avengers TV show, legendary British stunt coordinator Ray Austin tried to play things straight. His fighting style for Diana Rigg had her putting down baddies by relentlessly chopping their necks (as it was the mid-1960s, one couldn’t depict a guy getting kicked in the nads, although that’s always a sound option in a real-life female vs. male fight).

Which brings us to the Social Justice Strangler. She took on a dude, and she not only won the fight, but she won a free pass for strangling a guy who, unlike Oroojian, was unquestionably innocent of any wrongdoing.

Twenty-two-year-old blonde Kierah Lagrave loves to hate. Her Facebook page is an ode to her hatreds, which include Christians, “right wingers,” pro-lifers, people with kids, and her fellow upstate New Yorkers (“toothless, dip spit swallowing, cousin loving, fifth grade education, non-recycling hicks” who “want more guns and anti-abortion laws”). Oh, and does she ever dislike men! To her, we’re all rapists, harassers, and abusers. In October of last year, Lagrave was on a hate bender after Brett Kavanaugh, the Pullman porter of the Rape Train Express, was confirmed to the Supreme Court. All throughout the month, she fumed and fumed about men. Rapers, gropers, pussy grabbers all!

Lagrave was a steam-spewing boiler, and she was ready to blow!

On Oct. 20, she visited a Plattsburgh nightclub with her girlfriend for a girls’ night out. While sitting at the bar, Lagrave executed a “sisters are doin’ it for themselves” pirouette and puckish hair flip, because there’s no reason not to look cute while you’re hating on your fellow humans. Impressed, Lagrave’s girlfriend gave her a playful slap on the ass, as if to say, “You go, girl.” And go Lagrave did. Oblivious to the fact that the butt-slap had come from the woman sitting right next to her, Lagrave charged at the first man she saw. That man happened to be the club’s bouncer, a tall white dude who was making the rounds, his back turned to Powerpuff Bimbo. Lagrave came at him from behind and, with all the strength she could muster, began crushing his neck in a choke hold. The bouncer passed out and hit the floor hard, as Lagrave’s girlfriend came up to her like, “ERRRR MERRRR GERRRRRD, whattre ya doin’, girlayyy?”

Lagrave felt the butt-pat and, already seething with hatred for men, assumed it just had to have been a molester, so she attacked an innocent male bystander. For his part, the bouncer told police that the attack from behind was so unexpected, he thought it was a friend playing a joke, and he didn’t start to resist until he began losing consciousness. To be fair, Plattsburgh has only 19,900 residents and is 90% white, so I don’t exactly blame the bouncer for being lax.

Lagrave didn’t try to pull off a ridiculous face-to-face punch-off like the hot dog brawlers. She Emma Peeled the guy from behind, and it worked. That’s reality, too, and it hit a bro hard. Yes, a 125-pound girl can take down a bigger man…under the right circumstances.

Initially, Lagrave hailed herself as a hero. A fighter for GRRRRRLs worldwide. But then the cops looked at the club’s surveillance video, which is as plain as day (the white-bread nightclub was so well lit, and the patrons so stiff and placid, nothing obscured the footage. No offense, Plattsburgh, but your nightlife looks kinda ******y from this L.A. boy’s perspective). There’s no ambiguity; Lagrave’s girlfriend did the ass-slap while the bouncer was just walking by, minding his own business. So the cops told the local press that Wonder Woman might actually be Blunder Woman (pretty clever, huh? Huh?). Lagrave contacted the local paper and demanded that they retract the story about the security video clearing the bouncer. She said the video showed nothing. The bouncer had “sexually assaulted” her, and everyone should just take her word for it.

Then the cops released the video to the media, and perhaps somewhat coincidentally Lagrave ceased giving interviews.

Just one week before the strangulation incident, Lagrave had posted on Facebook, “No one, especially not the criminal justice system, believes a woman when she tells people she was inappropriately touched!!!!” And here she was, having falsely told the criminal justice system that she was inappropriately touched. No Hollywood writer could have invented something so beautifully ironic.

Lagrave was charged with felony strangulation. If convicted, she faced up to seven years in prison.

Ready for more irony? Those “toothless, dip spit swallowing, cousin loving, fifth grade education, non-recycling hicks” in Plattsburgh let her off scot-free. Yep, the local prosecutors ended up being woke AF. “She meant well,” they said between swallows of dip spit, and just a few weeks ago, they dropped the strangulation charge entirely, allowing her to plead to “obstruction of breathing,” a toothless charge usually reserved for dominatrices who go too far while Carradine-ing their willing clients. Zero jail time. Not one day. A year’s probation, that’s it.

It’s good to know that you can totally strangle an innocent guy in Plattsburgh as long as it’s in the name of social justice. Kierah Lagrave (who ignored my multiple requests for comment) isn’t nearly bright enough to comprehend the irony that she was saved from prison by the very hicks she loves hating on social media. But we can grasp a few lessons from this amusing episode.

The two hot dog bims who took on Andre the Giantarian confused movie-real (Cameron Diaz punching a pro wrestler through a wall) with real-real, and they paid the price. Kierah Lagrave, who took a guy down in a manner that actually works, nevertheless tried to fight reality too: the reality of the security camera video. She wanted “her reality” to be the accepted reality. “I don’t care if the video shows he didn’t touch my butt. I say he did, and that means he did, even if he didn’t.” And the damn thing is, she got her way. The prosecutors decided that “Kierah reality” takes precedence over real reality.

Reality may hit you hard, bro, but you can hit back via decree. Government can’t regulate reality, but it can regulate what we acknowledge as reality. So if a bunch of “woke” prosecutors decide that a strangulation isn’t a strangulation because social justice, that becomes the official truth.

Last week, apparent TV star and supposed hate-crime victim Jussie Smollett, who is black and gay, refused to turn over his cell phone to Chicago detectives to aid in their investigation of his alleged assault. Smollett claims he was assaulted by MAGA Klansmen at 2 a.m. on a Chicago street. He also claims to have been on the phone as it occurred (so the phone records are rather important evidence). But he wants the cops to take his word for it. They need to accept his reality as theirs. Amazingly, Chicago PD Superintendent Eddie Johnson agreed, claiming that requesting evidence from Smollett is tantamount to “treating him like a criminal.”

Yes, collecting evidence is now racist, just as it was sexist for the Plattsburgh cops to rely on the security video rather than Lagrave’s word.

So I’m amending what I wrote in my column last week. Reality doesn’t always win. In a street fight, sure. But against ideologically influenced attorneys, bureaucrats, and cops? Against an enforced, state-sponsored worldview?

Reality gets hit hard, bro.

Anti Federalist
02-06-2019, 06:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCoY5uPpmtI