PDA

View Full Version : Banks Funding the Paul Campaing? -Ironic-

JeffersonThomas
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Soo...I saw a post in one of the Teaparty threads about somebody who was going to max out their credit card to donate. The underline theory behind this is that it's an investment because money will be saved once Ron Paul gets rid of the income tax. Anyway, I'm just curious how many people have taken on debt to support or help out the Ron Paul campaign in any way? I think it would be pretty funny to find out that loans/credit cards/banks are funding the campaign of the guy who wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve :D

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Soo...I saw a post in one of the Teaparty threads about somebody who was going to max out their credit card to donate. The underline theory behind this is that it's an investment because money will be saved once Ron Paul gets rid of the income tax. Anyway, I'm just curious how many people have taken on debt to support or help out the Ron Paul campaign in any way? I think it would be pretty funny to find out that loans/credit cards/banks are funding the campaign of the guy who wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve :D

That's one of those things you learn as you become more educated about money, not all debt is bad. The rich use debt to get richer.

jgmaynard
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
That's one of those things you learn as you become more educated about money, not all debt is bad. The rich use debt to get richer.

It can be done, but most business people I've met don't do enough math to realize that interest makes that a really bad idea if you don't play your cards right. It's like the old saying - "Anyone who buys a new car every year saying that their accountant told them to hasn't talked to their accountant lately." :)

JM