PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Sanders: God 'wanted Donald Trump to become president'

Zippyjuan
01-30-2019, 04:43 PM
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/30/politics/sarah-sanders-god-trump/index.html

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said she believes God wanted President Donald Trump to win the 2016 election, the Christian Broadcasting Network reported on Wednesday.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that he wanted Donald Trump to become president, and that's why he's there," Sanders told CBN's David Brody and Jennifer Wishon, according to a transcript of the interview provided by CBN.

"I think he has done a tremendous job in supporting a lot of the things that people of faith really care about," Sanders added.

More at link.

Sanders also reassured CBN that Trump's announcement that he would withdraw the US military from Syria would not endanger Christians in the area.

"Look, the President's made clear that we support Christians, that we support the Kurds," Sanders said, adding the President has "made that clear to Turkey."

Earlier this month, Trump threatened to "devastate" Turkey's economy if it attacked the Kurds in Syria -- a stark threat toward an ally in the region that has partnered with the US in the fight against ISIS. Turkey views some Kurdish groups in the region as terrorist organizations and Kurds make up the majority of US-allied fighters operating in Syria in the civil war against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

"The idea that the President is just stepping away and ignoring any potential problem doesn't understand the fundamental decision that he's made," Sanders said.

timosman
01-30-2019, 04:46 PM
I think God really wanted Hillary to win, to see how much shit are we willing to put up with. :tears:

Anti Globalist
01-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Did God want Obama to become president? Or was he sleeping during that election?