PDA

View Full Version : For Many People Along The Border, Trump's Wall Fantasy Is A Nightmare

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:12 PM
During his presidential campaign, one of Donald Trump's biggest and most ridiculous promises was that he would build a Berlin Wall-style wall along the entire 1,900-mile border between Mexico and the United States. At various times, he has claimed that such a wall could be built "very inexpensively" and that it would be —depending on how grandiose his delusions were that day — 35 to 40 feet, 50 feet or even taller. Trump's fans, the vast majority of whom live nowhere near the border, cheered wildly every time he said the word "wall," drunk on their loathing of anyone born south of the Rio Grande.

But for many people who grew up near the border, or live there now, the response to all this wall talk is more like "huh?"

Continue:

https://www.salon.com/2017/02/24/west-texas-says-no-for-many-people-along-the-border-trumps-wall-fantasy-is-a-nightmare/

One would have to buy or build a business and actually live there day to day to fully understand the impact a wall would have, whether farming/ranching, golf and vacation resorts, tourism, romantic restaurants to celebrate an anniversary, birthday or honeymoon, enjoying the great outdoors...

I wouldn’t drop a nickel spending my entire vacation staring at a prison wall. I’d sooner they go out of business and go somewhere else to spend my hard-earned money.

Too bad trump doesn’t promote Property Rights, grow/expand business and tourism to employ more workers, and end the incentives instead of building barriers... you know, the platform of a principled Republican. Well, maybe he has that outlook for his own companies. Who knows.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:18 PM
Tough shit.

Not willing to have my hometown turn into Cuidad del Carmen so you can stare at cactus and rattlesnakes.

Don't like it?

Separate.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Tough $#@!.

Not willing to have my hometown turn into Cuidad del Carmen so you can stare at cactus and rattlesnakes.

Don't like it?

Separate.
He doesn't even live on the border and he opposes ANY control of immigration even to protect our rights from foreign communists.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:29 PM
Too bad trump doesn’t promote Property Rights, grow/expand business and tourism to employ more workers, and end the incentives instead of building barriers... you know, the platform of a principled Republican. Well, maybe he has that outlook for his own companies. Who knows.

Property rights?

The fuck you talking about, "property rights"?

You don't own a fucking thing, prole.

You just rent it.

And you want import millions more that think the exact same way, so we'll be forever renters on El Jefe's land.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:32 PM
He doesn't even live on the border and he opposes ANY control of immigration even to protect our rights from foreign communists.

I am very well traveled, here and abroad, including the great state of Texas. Those folks have lawsuits outstanding from the last go ‘round. If they wanted a wall so bad to “save” themselves and their businesses, they would have dropped the lawsuits long ago.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:34 PM
I am very well traveled, here and abroad, including the great state of Texas. Those folks have lawsuits outstanding from the last go ‘round. If they wanted a wall so bad to “save” themselves and their businesses, they would have dropped the lawsuits long ago.
What method of securing the border in order stop the communist invasion would you agree to?
If the invasion is left unchecked then nobody on the border or anywhere in the country will have ANY property rights.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:38 PM
Property rights?

The $#@! you talking about, "property rights"?

You don't own a $#@!ing thing, prole.

You just rent it.

And you want import millions more that think the exact same way, so we'll be forever renters on El Jefe's land.

What the hell’s got you worked up, Pro-Fed? I’m calling for an end to any/all incentives, activating/educating others about natural rights, doing everything that I can to resurrect the conversation about taxation and Property Rights, and you’re sh|tting on my parade to promote eminent domain? To give to the Fed? Why are you here again?

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:40 PM
What the hell’s got you worked up, Pro-Fed? I’m calling for an end to any/all incentives, activating/educating others about natural rights, doing everything that I can to resurrect the conversation about taxation and Property Rights, and you’re sh|tting on my parade to promote eminent domain? To give to the Fed? Why are you here again?
What measures would you support to secure the border?

Ending government incentives will NOT stop the invasion and you can't educate people anywhere near as fast as they come.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:42 PM

I was very clear what's got me worked up.

Philosotarians arguing about property rights that ceased to exist over a hundred years ago while barbarian hordes bent on genocide invade and open Marxists take over local state and federal governments, and everybody stands around with their collective thumbs up their idiot asses.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:45 PM
I was very clear what's got me worked up.

Philosotarians arguing about property rights that ceased to exist over a hundred years ago while barbarian hordes bent on genocide invade and open Marxists take over local state and federal governments, and everybody stands around with their collective thumbs up their idiot asses.

But we’ve got MAGA now, isn’t he doing a bang up job? Standing up to the deep state? Promoting nationalist values? What gives? Isn’t this about the time we should unite and pounce?

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:49 PM
I’d like to preserve what’s left of this dying country.

http://media.iceportal.com/40268/photos/7273493_XL.jpg

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/mix925abilene.com/files/2014/06/lajitas-golf-course-2.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:56 PM
But we’ve got MAGA now, isn’t he doing a bang up job? Standing up to the deep state? Promoting nationalist values? What gives? Isn’t this about the time we should unite and pounce?
Now you are just trolling.
You don't believe in Trump even just a little bit so don't insult our intelligence by saying that having him as president eliminates the need for border security.
Even if Trump was perfect he has a very difficult job ahead trying to MAGA and an unchecked communist invasion will ensure that anything he does get done will be undone as soon as he is gone.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:56 PM

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/mix925abilene.com/files/2014/06/lajitas-golf-course-2.jpg?w=600&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89
Then you should support some method of securing the border.
What method would you support?

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:01 PM
Now you are just trolling.
You don't believe in Trump even just a little bit so don't insult our intelligence by saying that having him as president eliminates the need for border security.
Even if Trump was perfect he has a very difficult job ahead trying to MAGA and an unchecked communist invasion will ensure that anything he does get done will be undone as soon as he is gone.

I’m done playing tiddlywinks. I’m sick of bandaid over bandaid, costing me more money, and more money, each time restricting my freedom. I’ve been around half a century. I ain’t seen nothing this government ever did for the good of the people.

Here’s what I say at work every time I get a pat on the back: “Show me the money.”

specsaregood
01-29-2019, 09:02 PM
As I've said before, this is an easy thing to work out. Build the wall all the way up to the private property line of anybody that objects, thus forcing the illegal traffic over the border to go through their property. They'll be begging for a wall in no time.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:05 PM
As I've said before, this is an easy thing to work out. Build the wall all the way up to the private property line of anybody that objects, thus forcing the illegal traffic over the border to go through their property. They'll be begging for a wall in no time.

I want trump to make that speech. End any/all incentives. Short that, let them flood in. I wanna get this sh|t over with.

Ender
01-29-2019, 09:05 PM
I’m done playing tiddlywinks. I’m sick of bandaid over bandaid, costing me more money, and more money, each time restricting my freedom. I’ve been around half a century. I ain’t seen nothing this government ever did for the good of the people.

Here’s what I say at work every time I get a pat on the back: “Show me the money.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl_sBg6GX8

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRl_sBg6GX8

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ender again.

AuH20
01-29-2019, 09:07 PM
I want trump to make that speech. End any/all incentives. Short that, let them flood in. I wanna get this sh|t over with.

That's a lot of ammunition, especially when our fight isn't with them. They end up adding to another LAYER of obstacles before the Tootsie Center. And we all know this game is about licking our way to the center of the Tootsie Pop.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 09:09 PM

Ok, this I can agree with I suppose.

Force this situation to a head...I'm all for it.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:10 PM
That's a lot of ammunition, especially when our fight isn't with them.

I wanna see MAGA!

When I say or suggest something to my offspring, damned straight I follow through. And so better offspring or there’s hell to pay.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:12 PM

+ Rep. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Ender
01-29-2019, 09:12 PM

But....but....... ending incentives is so much harder than building a wall! :seenoevil::hearnoevil::speaknoevil:

Ender
01-29-2019, 09:13 PM
+ Rep. You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Covered.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 09:15 PM
But....but....... ending incentives is so much harder than building a wall! :seenoevil::hearnoevil::speaknoevil:

The incentives will not end until collapse...just like the USSR.

But PAF's right, one way or the other, this nagging, rotting, pus filled abcess driving everybody bugshit insane has got to be pulled.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:16 PM

Every single time I go to + Rep you it says I have to spread it first.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:19 PM
The incentives will not end until collapse...just like the USSR.

But PAF's right, one way or the other, this nagging, rotting, pus filled abcess driving everybody bug$#@! insane has got to be pulled.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Ender
01-29-2019, 09:21 PM
Every single time I go to + Rep you it says I have to spread it first.

Great minds but of a single thought. :cool:

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 09:22 PM

If you are going to take that position then we need a flashpoint to kick things off before the invasion provides the opposition with enough numbers that we can't possibly win.

Such flashpoints usually come on their own schedule and I think we should try to limit the number of invaders that are allowed in while we wait.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:31 PM
If you are going to take that position then we need a flashpoint to kick things off before the invasion provides the opposition with enough numbers that we can't possibly win.

Such flashpoints usually come on their own schedule and I think we should try to limit the number of invaders that are allowed in while we wait.

Experts says that wall will take years to complete. Trump has 2 weeks.

If he doesn’t talk about the sh|thole welfare/incentives then, it will be another election that I call in sick. I don’t believe in voting anyway, but I do contact “representatives” all the time. 2020, I don’t give a flip who “wins or loses”.

Slave Mentality
01-29-2019, 09:58 PM

Yes, let government create a problem that people can beg government to provide solutions for.

Your logic is flawed anytime you have to use the word “force” within your argument. Force is aggression, even if you do like the outcome.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 10:08 PM
Yes, let government create a problem that people can beg government to provide solutions for.

Your logic is flawed anytime you have to use the word “force” within your argument. Force is aggression, even if you do like the outcome.

Can we house 1,000 trespassing foreign nations at your place? Please provide your address and I will forward it to INS. Voluntarism works!

Slave Mentality
01-29-2019, 10:16 PM

You aren’t going to do anything but forum talk. Your wall isn’t going to do anything. It’s been too late for too long. The takers already outnumber the producers and its not going to get better. Don’t worry though, social and economic collapse doesn’t need our help. It’s just got to keep growing until it collapses under its own weight. We are damn close already.

Keep on telling us that the very people that have created the condition will cure the condition. It would have already been done if that was the case, no matter how you think formula tweeks will be just the thing.

Sometimes it is as simple as asking “does that make sense?”.

I have no agenda, other than the advancement of personal liberty. I ain’t joining your culture wars, bro. The only invasion I have seen is by my own government on my liberties.

AuH20
01-29-2019, 10:19 PM
You aren’t going to do anything but forum talk. Your wall isn’t going to do anything. It’s been too late for too long. The takers already outnumber the producers and its not going to get better. Don’t worry though, social and economic collapse doesn’t need our help. It’s just got to keep growing until it collapses under its own weight. We are damn close already.

Keep on telling us that the very people that have created the condition will cure the condition. It would have already been done if that was the case, no matter how you think formula tweeks will be just the thing.

I have no agenda, other than the advancement of personal liberty. I ain’t joining your culture wars, bro. The only invasion I have seen is by my own government on my liberties.

Look up the word 'force multiplier.' That's the elephant in the room. We'll be fighting these people. Rest assured. It isn't some innocent incursion where they are going to leave us alone. These will be the new shock troops and THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CULTURE WAR. You're entering a conflict not of your choice.

Ender
01-29-2019, 10:20 PM

Same.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 10:21 PM

Your own government has taken more of your liberties because the invaders have tilted the political scale in that direction, if they keep coming unchecked then they will shift the balance of power so far that any collapse will produce a communist revolution and ALL of your liberties will be taken along with your property and quite possibly your life.

Slave Mentality
01-29-2019, 10:22 PM
Can we house 1,000 trespassing foreign nations at your place? Please provide your address and I will forward it to INS. Voluntarism works!

Why don’t you volunteer to spend your blood and treasure manning and building freedom walls? Volunteerism works! We haven’t needed a wall for 200 years until your Uncle Sugar made this possible. You pay for your security from the current manufactured boogeyman.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 10:23 PM
Look up the word 'force multiplier.' That's the elephant in the room. We'll be fighting these people. Rest assured. It isn't some innocent invasion where they are going to leave us alone. These will be the new shock troops and THEY CARE ABOUT THEIR CULTURE WAR.

And they are so much more socially adapted to it then your typical SJW.

Ender
01-29-2019, 10:23 PM
Your own government has taken more of your liberties because the invaders have tilted the political scale in that direction, if they keep coming unchecked then they will shift the balance of power so far that any collapse will produce a communist revolution and ALL of your liberties will be taken along with your property and quite possibly your life.

Most liberties were finished off with the "Civil" War. So what invaders were those again? The Irish?

AuH20
01-29-2019, 10:25 PM
And they are so much more socially adapted to it then your typical SJW.

230+ years of 'prejudice' will be tattooed to our heads. Count on it. We won't be portrayed as the good guys.

juleswin
01-29-2019, 10:26 PM
Calm down guys, Trump isn't building any cross border walls, if he was going to build that, he would have funded it when he had both houses. He didn't build it then and the only thing he will build is going to be in line with the type of walls that were built in the Bush and Obama admins.

Bookmark this page and you will see I am right in 2020 when he is out of office.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Most liberties were finished off with the "Civil" War.
There has been a MAJOR change in my lifetime.

So what invaders were those again? The Irish?
Yes, and the Germans and other European socialists fleeing the aftermath of the revolutions in the mid 1800's.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 10:27 PM
Why don’t you volunteer to spend your blood and treasure manning and building freedom walls? Volunteerism works! We haven’t needed a wall for 200 years until your Uncle Sugar made this possible. You pay for your security from the current manufactured boogeyman.

Why avoid my question?

PAF
01-29-2019, 10:32 PM
Most people are slaves and want to be. How many times throughout history has this been repeated? Once pen was put to paper the ant-feds warned about this experiment in freedom was already doomed. +/- 3% irate, but .5% who actually do understand liberty and it is not taught, it is felt.

fedupinmo
01-29-2019, 10:33 PM

Actually, just make them personally responsible for keeping the invaders from crossing their back fence onto the property of others, perhaps with stiff fines or piles of bodies rotting in the sun. Also, Salon.com... must be truth in reporting. :rolleyes:

Slave Mentality
01-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Why avoid my question?

No I don’t want a 1,000 of anyone camping in my yard. No I don’t want any more government solutions to government problems. See how that works? See how different views can get to the same conclusions?

I will not avoid any more discussions of liberty with you. Take care.

Edit: I guess I feel I did answer earlier, just maybe not directly. I will tell you something brother. I am not going to let these motherfuckers drive wedges between me and others that I otherwise think are cool. You may be saveable...😉

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 11:03 PM
No I don’t want a 1,000 of anyone camping in my yard. No I don’t want any more government solutions to government problems. See how that works? See how different views can get to the same conclusions?

I will not avoid any more discussions of liberty with you. Take care.

Edit: I guess I feel I did answer earlier, just maybe not directly. I will tell you something brother. I am not going to let these motherfuckers drive wedges between me and others that I otherwise think are cool. You may be saveable...��

Probably not. I don't give a shit for trespassing foreign nationals. They are an added burden and a lock step towards a democracy over a republic. If they don't like their socialist shit-hole countries where they are from then they need to change things there. If they won't do it there then I'm pretty damn sure they aren't going to fight for a republic here. So, no, don't need them here, don't want them here. They can go the fuck back where they came from and make their own damn change there. That'd make yours, mine and everyone else's job, here, of trying to keep a republic a little simpler.

AuH20
01-29-2019, 11:09 PM
Most people are slaves and want to be. How many times throughout history has this been repeated? Once pen was put to paper the ant-feds warned about this experiment in freedom was already doomed. +/- 3% irate, but .5% who actually do understand liberty and it is not taught, it is felt.

True. But the best odds for a sane civil landscape is here. Most of the new guests are conquered peoples who will lap up whatever the globalists offer them. We throw around the transcendent terms like 'self-determination', 'personal responsibility', 'self-defense' and 'sound money.' The conquered peoples scoff at such terms and view life through a purely materialistic prism of now. They are wholly incompatible with us. They are children looking to satisfy their id.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:19 PM
True. But the best odds for a sane civil landscape is here. Most of the new guests are conquered peoples who will lap up whatever the globalists offer them. We throw around the transcendent terms like 'self-determination', 'personal responsibility', 'self-defense' and 'sound money.' The conquered peoples scoff at such terms and view life through a purely materialistic prism. They are wholly incompatible with us. They are children looking to satisfy their id.

I believe (I travel extensively abroad) that they truly do view America as a beacon of liberty and want to escape their corrupt govt. to work and support a family, but once they arrive they see the true picture, multi-generational Americans on Welfare and then figure what the hell.

Which is why incentives and welfare must end at the same time, which it never will.

People are people no matter where they are from. There are determined workers and entrepreneurs all around the world just the same as there are loafers who live off the backs of others.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:24 PM
I believe (I travel extensively abroad) that they truly do view America as a beacon of liberty and want to escape their corrupt govt. to work and support a family, but once they arrive they see the true picture, multi-generational Americans on Welfare and then figure what the hell.
Their concept of liberty is at best being allowed to do whatever they want including impose their will on others, at worst it is "positive" rights where they are given everything the want and are thereby enabled to do as they wish.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Their concept of liberty is at best being allowed to do whatever they want including impose their will on others, at worst it is "positive" rights where they are given everything the want and are thereby enabled to do as they wish.

When folks stand on principle they don’t have to worry about being coerced. Pretty much like me compared to you ;-)

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:40 PM
When folks stand on principle they don’t have to worry about being coerced. Pretty much like me compared to you ;-)
I am standing on principle and you are delusional if you think the communist government the invaders will impose will not coerce you because you are an anarchist.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:43 PM
I am standing on principle and you are delusional if you think the communist government the invaders will impose will not coerce you because you are an anarchist.

I think, no, I’m certain, this government has imposed more on me than all of the immigrants combined. Wait... yes, I’m certain.

Atlas shrugged?

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:49 PM
I think, no, I’m certain, this government has imposed more on me than all of the immigrants combined. Wait... yes, I’m certain.

Atlas shrugged?
It is the immigrants that have tipped the balance of our politics towards a government that imposes on you more and more, when they give the Demoncrats supermajorities everywhere as they have in California you will find out just how much more you can be coerced.

If you want experience what you are trying to condemn the rest of us to with your wide open borders then move to California, then tell us how well your "principles" protect you from coercion.

AngryCanadian
01-30-2019, 02:43 PM
It is the immigrants that have tipped the balance of our politics towards a government that imposes on you more and more, when they give the Demoncrats supermajorities everywhere as they have in California you will find out just how much more you can be coerced.

If you want experience what you are trying to condemn the rest of us to with your wide open borders then move to California, then tell us how well your "principles" protect you from coercion.

Open Borders destroys countries and its native cultures.
It brings crime

Origanalist
01-30-2019, 02:56 PM

Isnt that like asking someone who opposes abortion to adopt a thousand babies?

buck000
01-30-2019, 03:12 PM

Isn't that the Lajitas resort on the border near-ish to Big Bend? We had fun there 10 years ago (it didn't look nearly as polished as this). Golf course is supposed to be nice there. Food certainly was, and they had a five-stand shooting range.

A more representative area would be nearby Terlingua, imho... ;)

Zippyjuan
01-30-2019, 03:36 PM

Only as long as it isn't you having somebody else's will imposed on.

Swordsmyth
01-30-2019, 03:44 PM
Only as long as it isn't you having somebody else's will imposed on.
:confused:

Zippyjuan
01-30-2019, 03:45 PM
:confused:

You don't mind if I send a few immigrants to try to impose their will on you so you can enjoy more liberty, do you?

Swordsmyth
01-30-2019, 03:49 PM
You don't mind if I send a few immigrants to try to impose their will on you so you can enjoy more liberty, do you?
Does what you are saying make sense to you?

Stratovarious
01-30-2019, 04:26 PM
''For Many People Along The Border, Trump's Wall Fantasy Is A Nightmare''

For Many People Along The Border, Trump's Wall Would Have Saved Their lives

https://yellowhammernews.com/brooks-illegal-aliens-have-killed-more-americans-than-iraq-and-afghanistan-wars-combined/undefined

-

-
''Mexico is not sending us their best (illegals).

-

-