PDA

View Full Version : No Wall Needed: Two Courses Along The Texas Border Offer Splendid Golf Challenges

PAF
01-29-2019, 07:56 PM
Black Jack's Crossing:

http://www.freedomresorts.com/img/golf_courses/accounts/de128a39a0582c26ab6c85480e293a58-large.jpg

Max Mandel Municipal Golf Course:

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/pga/sites/default/files/imagecache/blog_large/blogs/MaxMandel-Laredo-No9-640x360.jpg

ALONG THE TEXAS-MEXICO BORDER - With all the talk and windbag promises by a certain recently elected public official about future plans for America's border with Mexico, we felt it might be time to throw in our own two cents about a couple of splendid Texas golf courses set on respective bluffs high above the wade-across-and-not-get-your-shirt-wet Rio Grande.

Both of the courses - Black Jack's Crossing at the remote Lajitas Resort in the Big Bend of Texas and The Max Mandel Municipal Golf Course outside the bustling south Texas border town of Laredo - have places in their routings where players can tee by an old ball and rip it into Mexico, hitting a shot from one country to another.

Continue:

https://www.texasgolf.com/articles/article.cfm?ID=25408

I have not researched economic impact or employment numbers these 2 facilities generate but I am sure the numbers are staggering.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 08:02 PM
I have not researched economic impact or employment numbers these 2 facilities generate but I am sure the numbers are staggering.

Not as staggering as the cost of illegal trespassing by foreign nationals.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:21 PM
Not as staggering as the cost of illegal trespassing by foreign nationals.

The border contributes to a $1 Billion per day economy. But then I didn’t think Rights were based on cost.

Rather than address the actual cause, perhaps change your name to phill4trump. Then you and SwordShill can solve all of the problems without regard to liberty.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:23 PM
The border contributes to a $1 Billion per day economy. But then I didn’t think Rights were based on cost.

Rather than address the actual cause, perhaps change your name to phill4trump. Then you and SwordShill can solve all of the problems without regard to liberty.
One of the costs of a wide open border is the loss of our rights, just ask California.

I have many times suggested alternatives to the wall but you won't agree to any of them.

People like you almost make me support the wall.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:25 PM
One of the costs of a wide open border is the loss of our rights, just ask California.

I have many times suggested alternatives to the wall but you won't agree to any of them.

People like you almost make me support the wall.

News flash: you already do.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:27 PM
News flash: you already do.
No I don't.

But I expect that you will keep repeating your lie without providing any evidence just like all the other leftists around here.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:41 PM
No I don't.

But I expect that you will keep repeating your lie without providing any evidence just like all the other leftists around here.

Ok. Let’s hear your solution. Spill it.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:46 PM
Ok. Let’s hear your solution. Spill it.
I have told you many times, you must have memory issues.

I support a massive expansion of patrols on the border, we would need to use the military until we could recruit enough Border Patrol agents or we could just stick with using the military.

PAF
01-29-2019, 08:54 PM
I have told you many times, you must have memory issues.

I support a massive expansion of patrols on the border, we would need to use the military until we could recruit enough Border Patrol agents or we could just stick with using the military.

I’m down with that. I’m all for that if MAGA makes a grand speech to end any/all incentives and explains to his constituency it’s the right thing to do.

If he doesn’t, I don’t give a flip how many come in. Because that will prove it’s all politicized and I’ll be paying anyway. And I don’t want my freedom to travel being restricted, papers please, etc. etc.

dannno
01-29-2019, 09:21 PM
You can go to 4 corners and legally throw fruit across the borders of various states (I think it's au legal.. either because it is legal to transport fruit across those borders, or because when you throw it, you aren't really transporting it anymore).

I played golf in Mexico before.

Do you think the courses will shut down when there is a fence is built along the edge of them? It will probably just be out of bounds when you hit it over.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 09:29 PM

Then take that $1 billion per day, as in asset forfeiture, and pay for the medical care performed in E.R.s, the public education cost, the benefits that go to the illegal parents of anchor babies, the court costs and costs of incarcerations, compensation for lives lost, rapes and human trafficking and pain and suffering to the families of those harmed by trespassing foreign nationals...and you're still not gonna cover the cost.
Your argument is invalid.

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:33 PM
Then take that $1 billion per day, as in asset forfeiture, and pay for the medical care performed in E.R.s, the public education care, the benefits that go to the illegal parents of anchor babies, the court costs and costs of incarcerations, compensation for lives lost, rapes and human trafficking and pain and suffering to the families of those harmed by trespassing foreign nationals...and you're still not gonna cover the cost.
Your argument is invalid.

I don’t typically respond to your posts because you and I are complete polar opposites. Have a good night.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 09:36 PM
I don’t typically respond to your posts because you and I are complete polar opposites. Have a good night.

Go fuck yourself.

https://banner2.kisspng.com/20180622/uxz/kisspng-tool-nima-lateralus-album-cover-10-000-days-rolling-pin-utensil-5b2dacad1e7702.7934685615297199811248.jpg

PAF
01-29-2019, 09:38 PM
You can go to 4 corners and legally throw fruit across the borders of various states (I think it's au legal.. either because it is legal to transport fruit across those borders, or because when you throw it, you aren't really transporting it anymore).

I played golf in Mexico before.

Do you think the courses will shut down when there is a fence is built along the edge of them? It will probably just be out of bounds when you hit it over.

This is but one example:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/09/20/texas-golf-course-had-no-chance-stuck-behind-border-wall/681415001/

specsaregood
01-29-2019, 09:38 PM

Build the wall right up to the courses property, force all the illegal traffic to walk/drive to go through them. Nobody is going to want to play them when you have trains of illegals taking dumps in the fairways and a rape tree next to the tee for hole 3. Then, wait for the lawsuits against the courses from the girls raped on their private property, or people hurt on their property.

jkr
01-29-2019, 10:37 PM
For cripes sake can't we just buy Mexico?

PAF
01-29-2019, 10:38 PM

That’s what USMCA/NAU is for. They’re working on it.

jkr
01-29-2019, 10:43 PM
That’s what USMCA/NAU is for. They’re working on it.

Yeah but where's my Candida ehh?

They really did use hegelian dialectic on me, didn't they.
I think its rhe only way out they are leaving us...we will clamore for it...

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 10:47 PM

Buy? Hell, just bring the troops home, run straight on down to Panama, declare those lands gained to be U.S. territories and put 50 miles of fence along the southern border of the Panama canal. Done deal.

PAF
01-29-2019, 10:55 PM
Buy? Hell, just bring the troops home, run straight on down to Panama, declare those lands gained to be U.S. territories and put 50 miles of fence along the southern border of the Panama canal. Done deal.

Just a little conspiracy theory, but who knows...

Trump, the real estate magnate that he is, who has used government to help him with eminent domain for decades, and has offspring...

Force companies and residents under eminent domain, put up the wall, wait until the merger of the countries, and then offspring reclaims that border property some years down the road.

Take a look at those pics, it sure is beautiful. Why else would a billionaire want to be president?

Ender
01-29-2019, 10:57 PM

We already bought/conquered half of it already- then we get all twisted when they travel back & call them "illegals".

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:03 PM
We already bought/conquered half of it already- then we get all twisted when they travel back & call them "illegals".
And they stole it from the natives who stole it from eachother long before we got here, it is just as much ours now as it was theirs when we took it, they are illegal invaders.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 11:07 PM
Just a little conspiracy theory, but who knows...

Trump, the real estate magnate that he is, who has used government to help him with eminent domain for decades, and has offspring...

Force companies and residents under eminent domain, put up the wall, wait until the merger of the countries, and then offspring reclaims that border property some years down the road.

Take a look at those pics, it sure is beautiful. Why else would a billionaire want to be president?

I dunno. $500k 1 hr. retirement speech gigs ain't to bad. Even if you are a billionaire.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:11 PM
And they stole it from the natives who stole it from eachother long before we got here, it is just as much ours now as it was theirs when we took it, they are illegal invaders.

Shill, I’m still trying to wrap my head around “illegal”, as opposed to undocumented, on this liberty site... ?

???

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:17 PM
Shill, I’m still trying to wrap my head around “illegal”, as opposed to undocumented, on this liberty site... ?

???
Anarchist.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:22 PM
Anarchist.

Yes but you did not answer the question. ?

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 11:22 PM

???

Trespassing foreign nationals.

tres·pass
verb

1. enter the owner's land or property without permission.

2. commit an offense against (a person or a set of rules).

foreign national
noun

a person who is not a naturalized citizen of the country in which they are living.

Should make it easier for you.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:26 PM
Trespassing foreign nationals.

tres·pass
verb

1. enter the owner's land or property without permission.

2. commit an offense against (a person or a set of rules).

foreign national
noun

a person who is not a naturalized citizen of the country in which they are living.

Should make it easier for you.

Yes, that reinforces my position.

Private Property Rights.

Public land should never belong to government, and be used to homestead.

Even the founders, and the Federalists who signed the Constitution, fully understood that.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:27 PM
Yes but you did not answer the question. ?
They are illegal invaders because they are violating our laws about who is allowed to come here and how.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:30 PM
Yes, that reinforces my position.

Private Property Rights.

Public land should never belong to government, and be used to homestead.

Even the founders, and the Federalists who signed the Constitution, fully understood that.
The country owns its territory and has a right to say who is allowed to enter it, the founders understood that well:

Article 1

Section 9. TheMigration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight

https://www.constitution.org/cmt/law_of_nations.htm

The meaning of "Offenses against the Law of Nations"

Art. I Sec. 8 Cl. 10 of the Constitution for the United States delegates the power to Congress to "define and punish ... Offenses against the Law of Nations". It is important to understand what is and is not included in the term of art "law of nations", and not confuse it with "international law". They are not the same thing. The phrase "law of nations" is a direct translation of the Latin jus gentium, which means the underlying principles of right and justice among nations, and during the founding era was not considered the same as the "laws", that is, the body of treaties and conventions between nations, the jus inter gentes, which, combined with jus gentium, comprise the field of "international law". The distinction goes back to ancient Roman Law.

Briefly, the Law of Nations at the point of ratification in 1788 included the following general elements, taken from Blackstone's Commentaries, and prosecution of those who might violate them:

(1) No attacks on foreign nations, their citizens, or shipping, without either a declaration of war or letters of marque and reprisal.

(2) Honoring of the flag of truce, peace treaties, and boundary treaties. No entry across national borders without permission of national authorities.

(3) Protection of wrecked ships, their passengers and crew, and their cargo, from depredation by those who might find them.

(4) Prosecution of piracy by whomever might be able to capture the pirates, even if those making the capture or their nations had not been victims.

(5) Care and decent treatment of prisoners of war.

(6) Protection of foreign embassies, ambassadors, and diplomats, and of foreign ships and their passengers, crew, and cargo while in domestic waters or in port.

(7) Honoring of extradition treaties for criminals who committed crimes in a nation with whom one has such a treaty who escape to one's territory or are found on the high seas established with all nations in 1788,

(8) Prohibition of enslavement of foreign nationals and international trading in slaves.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:30 PM
They are illegal invaders because they are violating our laws about who is allowed to come here and how.

So then they did have their day in court, faced their accuser, and found guilty in a court of law.

Thanks ;-)

I just wanted to make sure the Bill of Rights were applied.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:34 PM
So then they did have their day in court, faced their accuser, and found guilty in a court of law.

Thanks ;-)

I just wanted to make sure the Bill of Rights were applied.

That has nothing to do with it, a robber is a robber before he is caught and tried, "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal fiction to protect those who are not the actual robber.

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:40 PM
That has nothing to do with it, a robber is a robber before he is caught and tried, "innocent until proven guilty" is a legal fiction to protect those who are not the actual robber.

I see. It’s really guilty until innocent then, which this government is trying to tell us. Now I understand.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:43 PM
I see. It’s really guilty until innocent then, which this government is trying to tell us. Now I understand.
No, guilty people are guilty and innocent people are innocent, the government can't tell which is which without a trial but whoever committed the crime is guilty the moment they commit it.

Are you really this stupid or is it an act you put on when the truth is not on your side?

PAF
01-29-2019, 11:47 PM
No, guilty people are guilty and innocent people are innocent, the government can't tell which is which without a trial but whoever committed the crime is guilty the moment they commit it.

Are you really this stupid or is it an act you put on when the truth is not on your side?

To continue this ridiculous conversation where you keep putting your foot in your mouth? Yes, it’s time for shut-eye so I can work to pay my own way - and the government.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:52 PM
The country owns its territory and has a right to say who is allowed to enter it, the founders understood that well:

Article 1

Section 9. TheMigration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight

https://www.constitution.org/cmt/law_of_nations.htm

The meaning of "Offenses against the Law of Nations"

Art. I Sec. 8 Cl. 10 of the Constitution for the United States delegates the power to Congress to "define and punish ... Offenses against the Law of Nations". It is important to understand what is and is not included in the term of art "law of nations", and not confuse it with "international law". They are not the same thing. The phrase "law of nations" is a direct translation of the Latin jus gentium, which means the underlying principles of right and justice among nations, and during the founding era was not considered the same as the "laws", that is, the body of treaties and conventions between nations, the jus inter gentes, which, combined with jus gentium, comprise the field of "international law". The distinction goes back to ancient Roman Law.

Briefly, the Law of Nations at the point of ratification in 1788 included the following general elements, taken from Blackstone's Commentaries, and prosecution of those who might violate them:

(1) No attacks on foreign nations, their citizens, or shipping, without either a declaration of war or letters of marque and reprisal.

(2) Honoring of the flag of truce, peace treaties, and boundary treaties. No entry across national borders without permission of national authorities.

(3) Protection of wrecked ships, their passengers and crew, and their cargo, from depredation by those who might find them.

(4) Prosecution of piracy by whomever might be able to capture the pirates, even if those making the capture or their nations had not been victims.

(5) Care and decent treatment of prisoners of war.

(6) Protection of foreign embassies, ambassadors, and diplomats, and of foreign ships and their passengers, crew, and cargo while in domestic waters or in port.

(7) Honoring of extradition treaties for criminals who committed crimes in a nation with whom one has such a treaty who escape to one's territory or are found on the high seas established with all nations in 1788,

(8) Prohibition of enslavement of foreign nationals and international trading in slaves. PAF did you miss this?
Are you going to admit that the founders intended for the state and federal governments to control immigration?

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:53 PM
To continue this ridiculous conversation where you keep putting your foot in your mouth? Yes, it’s time for shut-eye so I can work to pay my own way - and the government.
LOL, you are the one who keeps putting your foot in your mouth.