PDA

View Full Version : The Virtual Perimeter Walls in Vietnam Worked Fine, Why Not That?

James_Madison_Lives
01-29-2019, 07:02 PM
Trump could get himself out of this corner he has painted himself into by saying he got his wall, a wall that works since these worked well enough to protect bases in Southeast Asia. Few hundred feet of denuded jungle (not necessary since Southwest is already barren) with step sensors, motion detectors, and infrared cameras everywhere. If you want a physical barrier than concertina wire, double depth, has always been more than enough.

The key is to have Border Patrol with patrol dogs ready to move in any sector, just as base security was, ready to rock in helicopters and ATVs.

I'm going bored of this wall nonsense am I the only one who sees it's all bullshit and it is easy to secure a border without a big monument to Donald Trump? Politically he pretty much has the Dems where he wants them, ready to give in to anything short of a 1,000 miles of concrete, which would be less effective. Nothing beats boots on the ground, whether you are invading a country or keeping invaders out.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 07:10 PM
Sounds good to me but we need a much bigger presence on the border and we need to change the laws so that they can just kick people back across the border without letting them apply for asylum and get released while their case is processed.

I have always said I prefer increased patrols to a wall but you can't make an asylum claim to a wall.

PAF
01-29-2019, 07:37 PM
There is a reported ‘Unobligated Balance’ of $1,156,136,000,000 that can be used too.

RFID, Biometric Implants, Domestic TSA at every highway, bi-way and back road across the entire “United” States of Amerika, Enhanced Detention Facilities in every county... The above security measures are good for a border solution but they don’t address the millions already here who have overstayed.

I say we implement every police state tactic that we can muster up because they hate us for our freedoms, and we don’t want them storming the WH to sign anti-constitutional legislation. This way we don’t have have to worry about ending any Incentives or holding DC politicians accountable.

What do you think, Swordsmyth? Or doesn’t this go far enough?

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 07:58 PM
U.S. troops. Gitmo. 'nuff said. Funds already appropriated.

oyarde
01-29-2019, 08:08 PM
I smoked a lot of cigarettes walking around inspecting perimeters of a row of concertina . My guess is they only worked ( most of the time ) because they were backed up with Browning .50 Cal machineguns , claymore mines and artillery and mortar fire on demand . As a young forward observer I can tell you even then they did not work all the time because after I looked at them and the first thing I would do is identify the most obvious points that a breach would be attempted at and then work on my FPF ( final protective fire ) . My FPF would then be given a code name that could be called out out to a Battery of Howitzers and it would be fired , a sheaf across the inside of the perimeter inside friendly lines to be used on the enemy when over run.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:14 PM
I smoked a lot of cigarettes walking around inspecting perimeters of a row of concertina . My guess is they only worked ( most of the time ) because they were backed up with Browning .50 Cal machineguns , claymore mines and artillery and mortar fire on demand . As a young forward observer I can tell you even then they did not work all the time because after I looked at them and the first thing I would do is identify the most obvious points that a breach would be attempted at and then work on my FPF ( final protective fire ) . My FPF would then be given a code name that could be called out out to a Battery of Howitzers and it would be fired , a sheaf across the inside of the perimeter inside friendly lines to be used on the enemy when over run.

We need you in charge of border security.

juleswin
01-29-2019, 08:14 PM
Trump could get himself out of this corner he has painted himself into by saying he got his wall, a wall that works since these worked well enough to protect bases in Southeast Asia. Few hundred feet of denuded jungle (not necessary since Southwest is already barren) with step sensors, motion detectors, and infrared cameras everywhere. If you want a physical barrier than concertina wire, double depth, has always been more than enough.

The key is to have Border Patrol with patrol dogs ready to move in any sector, just as base security was, ready to rock in helicopters and ATVs.

I'm going bored of this wall nonsense am I the only one who sees it's all bull$#@! and it is easy to secure a border without a big monument to Donald Trump? Politically he pretty much has the Dems where he wants them, ready to give in to anything short of a 1,000 miles of concrete, which would be less effective. Nothing beats boots on the ground, whether you are invading a country or keeping invaders out.

The man ran an election where he promised to build a physical wall, he won the election, I say let the man build his fence. Also, a lot of people(psst. zippy and co) keep talking about how easy it is to undermine a physical wall. If you think u can dig a tunnel, cut into and climb over a physical wall, image all the things you can do with a virtual one.

Why even bother if the plan is to put some rubbish virtual one in? The part I don't understand is why Trump did not get funding for his fence when he had the house and senate. Doesn't strike me as someone who is really interested in this fence thing.

Political theatre 101 aka kayfabe

UWDude
01-29-2019, 10:40 PM
Those virtual perimeter walls in Vietnam did not work, at all. XD
MacNamara's folly. Total joke. People are too smart.

fedupinmo
01-29-2019, 11:32 PM
The man ran an election where he promised to build a physical wall, he won the election, I say let the man build his fence. Also, a lot of people(psst. zippy and co) keep talking about how easy it is to undermine a physical wall. If you think u can dig a tunnel, cut into and climb over a physical wall, image all the things you can do with a virtual one.

Why even bother if the plan is to put some rubbish virtual one in? The part I don't understand is why Trump did not get funding for his fence when he had the house and senate. Doesn't strike me as someone who is really interested in this fence thing.

Political theatre 101 aka kayfabe

Needs 60 votes in the Senate. ;)

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:37 PM
Needs 60 votes in the Senate. ;)
He may not after he is done trying to do it the "right" way:

https://twitter.com/therealcornett/status/1090463905040748544

fedupinmo
01-29-2019, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I saw that, but I was answering Junior Castro's question on why Trump didn't seek wall funding when he "had the House and Senate". He obviously felt there was a chance he could get more GOP senators and keep the House.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 11:50 PM
Yeah, I saw that, but I was answering Junior Castro's question on why Trump didn't seek wall funding when he "had the House and Senate". He obviously felt there was a chance he could get more GOP senators and keep the House.
Yup, he never had control of both houses but that won't stop the TDS brigades from claiming he did.