PDA

View Full Version : IL - Gay black actor beaten, bleached, attackers shout "This is MAGA country!"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 03:35 PM
‘Empire’ Star Jussie Smollett Hospitalized in Alleged Hate Crime Attack

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/29/jussie-smollett-hospitalized-in-alleged-hate-crime-attack/

29 Jan 2019

Empire star Jussie Smollett has been hospitalized after a “possible racially charged” attack by two men at a Subway store, the Chicago Police Department has confirmed.

According to TMZ, Jussie Smollett returned to Chicago from New York at around 2am, at which point he went to eat at his local subway. As he left the store, two men reportedly shouted at him: “Aren’t you that fagggot ‘Empire’ niggger?”

“The 2 men — both white and wearing ski masks — viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib,” the outlet alleged. “They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, ‘This is MAGA country.'”

The Daily Beast reported that a Chicago Police spokesperson says “the attackers’ genders are unknown, and that their faces and hands had been covered.”

Smollett was taken to Northwestern Memorial for treatment and was discharged later Tuesday morning.

In a statement, Chicago Police Department Chief Spokesman Anthony Gugliemi described the incident as a “possible racially-charged assault and battery,” and they would treat the investigation as a possible hate crime.

“Overnight, the Chicago Police Department received a report of a possible racially-charged assault and battery involving a cast member of the television show Empire,” Gugliemi said. “Given the severity of the allegations, we are taking this investigation very seriously and treating it as a possible hate crime. Detectives are currently working to gather video, identify potential witnesses and establish an investigative timeline.”

Although some claim the attack was racially motivated, there are also claims it was an attack on Smollett’s sexuality. In March 2015, the 35-year-old actor came out as gay in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, similar to his character Jamal Lyon. He has yet to publicly comment on Monday’s incident.

Empire creator Lee Danials took to social media to offer his support to Smollett, ending his video saying, “It’s just another fucking day in America.”

RJB
01-29-2019, 03:41 PM
This was either performed by criminals who had planned this for a while against this specific victim and really did their homework, or it's a hoax. There is no way this was just an opportunistic attack. I am betting on a hoax.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 03:46 PM
I had no idea who this dude is.

How many white 'MAGA country' individuals watch the 'fagggot ******' Empire show enough to recognize this actor in a Subway store?

spudea
01-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Chicago is maga Country???

specsaregood
01-29-2019, 03:53 PM
So much wafting of BS from this story.
Also
"As he left the store, two men reportedly shouted at him: “Aren’t you that fagggot ‘Empire’ niggger?”"

and
"says “the attackers’ genders are unknown,"
uhm, ok.

and while we are at it...
"Empire creator Lee Danials took to social media to offer his support to Smollett, ending his video saying, “It’s just another fucking day in America.” "

how about just another fucking day in fucking Chicago? How many black men were shot and killed by other black men so far this year in Chicago?

spudea
01-29-2019, 03:56 PM
Garbage TMZ click bait, "Sources directly connected to Jussie tell TMZ"

But you can't disprove it so everyone will say it's true.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 03:59 PM
This was either performed by criminals who had planned this for a while against this specific victim and really did their homework, or it's a hoax. There is no way this was just an opportunistic attack. I am betting on a hoax.

Better than 50/50 a hoax.

I'm waiting for the response...let's see if the Jacobins and Marxists and Bolsheviks meant any of that "hat in hand" apology bullshit in the wake of Convington.

Superfluous Man
01-29-2019, 04:01 PM
They were wearing ski masks, so it was pre-meditated, and they saw a risk of him or others around him recognizing them.

They identified him correctly, so he was the intended target.

The yelling of, "This is MAGA country," doesn't mesh with those two facts, and seems like an obvious attempt to deflect attention from whatever the real motive was.

I hope they get caught. It will be interesting to learn more about who they really are.

RJB
01-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Better than 50/50 a hoax.

I'm waiting for the response...let's see if the Jacobins and Marxists and Bolsheviks meant any of that "hat in hand" apology bullshit in the wake of Convington.

Just before you posted here, I saw this somewhere else and people were commenting that this was proof the maga hat is a hate symbol.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 04:19 PM
Just before you posted here, I saw this somewhere else and people were commenting that this was proof the maga hat is a hate symbol.

'The red MAGA hat is the new white hood.' - some dumb twat by the name of Alyssa Milano.

RJB
01-29-2019, 04:22 PM
'The red MAGA hat is the new white hood.' - some dumb twat by the name of Alyssa Milano.
I saw that about a week ago. This is just proof that there is an army of minions who believe everything bthey are fed.

H_H
01-29-2019, 04:29 PM

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/29/jussie-smollett-hospitalized-in-alleged-hate-crime-attack/

29 Jan 2019

Empire star Jussie Smollett has been hospitalized after a “possible racially charged” attack by two men at a Subway store, the Chicago Police Department has confirmed.

According to TMZ, Jussie Smollett returned to Chicago from New York at around 2am, at which point he went to eat at his local subway. As he left the store, two men reportedly shouted at him: “Aren’t you that fagggot ‘Empire’ niggger?”

“The 2 men — both white and wearing ski masks — viciously attacked Jussie as he fought back, but they beat him badly and fractured a rib,” the outlet alleged. “They put a rope around his neck, poured bleach on him and as they left they yelled, ‘This is MAGA country.'”

The Daily Beast reported that a Chicago Police spokesperson says “the attackers’ genders are unknown, and that their faces and hands had been covered.”

Smollett was taken to Northwestern Memorial for treatment and was discharged later Tuesday morning.

In a statement, Chicago Police Department Chief Spokesman Anthony Gugliemi described the incident as a “possible racially-charged assault and battery,” and they would treat the investigation as a possible hate crime.

“Overnight, the Chicago Police Department received a report of a possible racially-charged assault and battery involving a cast member of the television show Empire,” Gugliemi said. “Given the severity of the allegations, we are taking this investigation very seriously and treating it as a possible hate crime. Detectives are currently working to gather video, identify potential witnesses and establish an investigative timeline.”

Although some claim the attack was racially motivated, there are also claims it was an attack on Smollett’s sexuality. In March 2015, the 35-year-old actor came out as gay in an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, similar to his character Jamal Lyon. He has yet to publicly comment on Monday’s incident.

Empire creator Lee Danials took to social media to offer his support to Smollett, ending his video saying, “It’s just another $#@!ing day in America.”
Ha, ha, ha! Why do I have this feeling that this attack is going to be about as real as the rash of hundreds of synagogue hate crimes in 2017?

Let's check......

Stratovarious
01-29-2019, 04:34 PM
Ha, ha, ha! Why do I have this feeling that this attack is going to be about as real as the rash of hundreds of synagogue hate crimes in 2017?

Let's check......
Every swastika placed on a dorm door, etc that I've read about have been false flags, to keep the Holocaust and Anti Semitic
whine alive.
There will be many more staged attacks , false flags, the left is so incredibly desperate , I put nothing past them.

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 04:34 PM
FALSE FLAG

H_H
01-29-2019, 04:37 PM
OK, not seeing it debunked yet, we will have to wait a few hours, perhaps up to eight.

Then it will come out how it is a hoax and the details of the hoax. Because it's not 2008 any more. The media can't just claim "But he said hands-up don't shoot" and expect any human being under 50 to believe them. They saw how well that game worked last week when they tried it on some 14-year-olds waiting for a bus. Namely: not at all. That did not go well for them.

I do hope it will take the full eight hours so that they can all run prime time shows featuring this shocking, vicious, racial attack and have shocked commentary and round tables etc. for a full cycle that we can archive and mock forever.

In the meantime, we can have fun discussing the details. Such as: how would two guys catch him outside of Subway randomly and have ski masks ready for a random white-on-black racial beating, something that has not happened in my lifetime and has most likely never happened ever? That's a fun question. I want to hear Rachel Maddow and Wolf Blitzer discussing that question. Gravely.

H_H
01-29-2019, 04:40 PM
...With tears would be nice.

I hope they get caught. It will be interesting to learn more about who they really are.
OK, so here we have a pretty good bell-weather.

The media is totally gonna fall for this. Hook. Line. Sinker.

This is gonna be beautiful.

H_H
01-29-2019, 04:43 PM
If I had a gay black son, he would look a lot like.... whoever this guy is.

Until he got the bleach poured on him, lol.

spudea
01-29-2019, 04:43 PM
OK, not seeing it debunked yet, we will have to wait a few hours, perhaps up to eight.

It is debunked.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/29/chicago-police-deny-claim-that-jussie-sm

OP should update the post

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 04:45 PM
It is debunked.

Damnit, far too quickly. This needs at least 24 hrs. in the sNewz cycle to get things really ginned up!

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 04:46 PM
It is debunked.

The mods should update the thread title too.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 04:46 PM
If I had a gay black son, he would look a lot like.... whoever this guy is.

Until he got the bleach poured on him, lol.

I always carry around a spare bottle of bleach. Ya just never know when you might need it.

H_H
01-29-2019, 05:10 PM
Damnit, far too quickly. This needs at least 24 hrs. in the sNewz cycle to get things really ginned up!
I agree.

And I went and read Reason and look, this was only a very partial debunking. It's still some crazy racist bleaching thing. They're just quibbling about the specific racist phrases.

That's actually a good place to be. "They said Make America Great, Wolf!" "Well, now, let's be fair, I hear some reports they actually just said Make Chicago Great Again."

Let's keep it here. I want no more reports of debunking for at least twenty-four hours, exactly as Phill says.

RJB
01-29-2019, 05:12 PM
There is a lot of psychic activity on this forum. We should open a psychic hotline.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-29-2019, 05:17 PM
Sounds like something he wants to keep under wraps.

Origanalist
01-29-2019, 05:19 PM

Way too quickly. Fffft, the party never even got started.

Stratovarious
01-29-2019, 05:20 PM
It was those damned Catholic Boys, I know because of the grin I saw on
that one kids face last week, they is guilty.

Origanalist
01-29-2019, 05:25 PM
It is debunked.

He he he he...

https://www.autostraddle.com/wp-content/uploads/avatars/26213/59477456aafd5-bpfull.jpg
Carmen Phillips

Carmen is Autostraddle's Associate Editor and a black Puerto Rican femme/inist writer. She claims many past homes, but has left the largest parts of her heart in Detroit, MI, Brooklyn, and Buffalo, NY. There were several years in her early 20s when she earnestly slept with a copy of James Baldwin’s “Fire Next Time” under her pillow at night. You can find her on twitter, Carmencitaloves.

Carmen has written 101 articles for us.

KaeLyn
January 29, 2019 at 10:38 am

Thank you for writing this, Carmen.
Renk
January 29, 2019 at 10:45 am

Thank you
Dani Z

Thank you for writing about this, Carmen. Sending you lots and lots of love today. <3
meg
January 29, 2019 at 10:51 am

thank you for writing this – i’ve been reading all morning and it’s beyond horrifying. sending you so much love.
Sarah
January 29, 2019 at 11:08 am

<3 Thank you Carmen <3
Leigh
January 29, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thank you, Carmen. I am holding black ***** folks a little closer in my heart today.
aj
January 29, 2019 at 11:11 am

Sending out love. <3
adunlap
January 29, 2019 at 11:30 am

Sending so much love to Black ***** folks especially. Thank you for speaking about this.
Erin
January 29, 2019 at 11:32 am

Love you all. *hugs*
Katie
January 29, 2019 at 11:36 am

Thanks Carmen. Sending love and support to black ***** folks.
LGBT-Rex
January 29, 2019 at 11:37 am

oh my god. sending all my love to the Black ***** folk who are reading this article, hearing this news, living everyday in a place like the United States.
Vanessa
January 29, 2019 at 11:44 am

Thank you Carmen. I love you and I love everyone here. <3
Jana
January 29, 2019 at 11:53 am

Thank you Carmen for writing this and still looking to provide us with comfort and feelings of safety. I’m thankful for this community and for black ***** peeps. Sending love, support and hugs to y’all
hihello
January 29, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I don’t have the words for how heartbreaking this is. Thank you for yours, Carmen. I’m holding you and everyone feeling the pain of this in care.
Warrior Princess
January 29, 2019 at 12:30 pm

This is awful! I hope the police catch the people who did this.
Hannahsmh
January 29, 2019 at 12:39 pm

This is absolutely terrible and I am getting furious with all the ‘it might have been tied with race/homophobia’ in the different news outlets – there is no ‘might’. It is what it is.

Also want to mention how much I love the sentence ‘ I refuse to censor the open wounds of that pain.’.
Show Replies ▼
Iarrann mé
January 29, 2019 at 1:01 pm

On the sincere snide: hugs to everyone, and thank you Carmen for speaking out.

On the snarky side: I’ve done it! I’ve figured out how you can take facts like “shouting racial slurs, pouring bleach on someone, putting a rope around their neck and hollering ‘This is MAGA country'” and come up with _mmmmaaaayyyyyyyy_ be tied to racism or homophobia! This is who wrote those mealymouthed analyses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1mQOnjh4Y (especially starting around 1:00).
Elliot
January 29, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Trump supporters are terrorists, may they all burn
Jeanna
January 29, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Thank you Carmen. So much love. <3
Natalie
January 29, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for this, Carmen.

Love and light from all of those carrying the emotional weight of this attack on your shoulders today.
Emma2711
January 29, 2019 at 2:46 pm

<3
Alexis
January 29, 2019 at 3:15 pm

“The hate that fuels white supremacy also fuels homophobia. That won’t be reported in other mainstream media takes because it is hard to face such hatred with clear eyes. But we must. We must look at hatred for what it is because that is the only way to fight against it.”

Thank you for this Carmen. I had just gotten woken up from a post-therapy lowkey cry nap when I heard this and just. It’s a lot (I’ve marathoned a lot of black gay media recently and was feeling really hopeful? and this kind of took the air out of me). The first reports I read made it seem like it wasn’t nearly as bad, but one of the first black reports I read gave the real details and I don’t know. Thank you for making this space for us and refusing to censor out the word. It means a lot. Thank you.

phill4paul
01-29-2019, 05:30 PM
He he he he...

https://www.autostraddle.com/wp-content/uploads/avatars/26213/59477456aafd5-bpfull.jpg
Carmen Phillips

Carmen is Autostraddle's Associate Editor and a black Puerto Rican femme/inist writer. She claims many past homes, but has left the largest parts of her heart in Detroit, MI, Brooklyn, and Buffalo, NY. There were several years in her early 20s when she earnestly slept with a copy of James Baldwin’s “Fire Next Time” under her pillow at night. You can find her on twitter, Carmencitaloves.

Carmen has written 101 articles for us.

KaeLyn
January 29, 2019 at 10:38 am

Thank you for writing this, Carmen.
Renk

Thank you
Dani Z

Thank you for writing about this, Carmen. Sending you lots and lots of love today. <3
meg
January 29, 2019 at 10:51 am

thank you for writing this – i’ve been reading all morning and it’s beyond horrifying. sending you so much love.
Sarah
January 29, 2019 at 11:08 am

<3 Thank you Carmen <3
Leigh
January 29, 2019 at 11:10 am

Thank you, Carmen. I am holding black ***** folks a little closer in my heart today.
aj
January 29, 2019 at 11:11 am

Sending out love. <3
adunlap
January 29, 2019 at 11:30 am

Sending so much love to Black ***** folks especially. Thank you for speaking about this.
Erin
January 29, 2019 at 11:32 am

Love you all. *hugs*
Katie
January 29, 2019 at 11:36 am

Thanks Carmen. Sending love and support to black ***** folks.
LGBT-Rex
January 29, 2019 at 11:37 am

oh my god. sending all my love to the Black ***** folk who are reading this article, hearing this news, living everyday in a place like the United States.
Vanessa
January 29, 2019 at 11:44 am

Thank you Carmen. I love you and I love everyone here. <3
Jana
January 29, 2019 at 11:53 am

Thank you Carmen for writing this and still looking to provide us with comfort and feelings of safety. I’m thankful for this community and for black ***** peeps. Sending love, support and hugs to y’all
hihello
January 29, 2019 at 12:07 pm

I don’t have the words for how heartbreaking this is. Thank you for yours, Carmen. I’m holding you and everyone feeling the pain of this in care.
Warrior Princess
January 29, 2019 at 12:30 pm

This is awful! I hope the police catch the people who did this.
Hannahsmh
January 29, 2019 at 12:39 pm

This is absolutely terrible and I am getting furious with all the ‘it might have been tied with race/homophobia’ in the different news outlets – there is no ‘might’. It is what it is.

Also want to mention how much I love the sentence ‘ I refuse to censor the open wounds of that pain.’.
Show Replies ▼
Iarrann mé
January 29, 2019 at 1:01 pm

On the sincere snide: hugs to everyone, and thank you Carmen for speaking out.

On the snarky side: I’ve done it! I’ve figured out how you can take facts like “shouting racial slurs, pouring bleach on someone, putting a rope around their neck and hollering ‘This is MAGA country'” and come up with _mmmmaaaayyyyyyyy_ be tied to racism or homophobia! This is who wrote those mealymouthed analyses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf1mQOnjh4Y (especially starting around 1:00).
Elliot
January 29, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Trump supporters are terrorists, may they all burn
Jeanna
January 29, 2019 at 1:41 pm

Thank you Carmen. So much love. <3
Natalie
January 29, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for this, Carmen.

Love and light from all of those carrying the emotional weight of this attack on your shoulders today.
Emma2711
January 29, 2019 at 2:46 pm

<3
Alexis
January 29, 2019 at 3:15 pm

“The hate that fuels white supremacy also fuels homophobia. That won’t be reported in other mainstream media takes because it is hard to face such hatred with clear eyes. But we must. We must look at hatred for what it is because that is the only way to fight against it.”

Thank you for this Carmen. I had just gotten woken up from a post-therapy lowkey cry nap when I heard this and just. It’s a lot (I’ve marathoned a lot of black gay media recently and was feeling really hopeful? and this kind of took the air out of me). The first reports I read made it seem like it wasn’t nearly as bad, but one of the first black reports I read gave the real details and I don’t know. Thank you for making this space for us and refusing to censor out the word. It means a lot. Thank you.

Is an autostraddle like scissoring?

Anti Globalist
01-29-2019, 06:15 PM
False flag alert.

juleswin
01-29-2019, 06:35 PM
Sounds like a false flag attack.

Why not just update the headline with the original breitbart heading? Which was

Stratovarious
01-29-2019, 06:35 PM
False flag alert.
Swear to God , at a glance I thought you said;

False f a g ..........

oyarde
01-29-2019, 06:37 PM
Chicago is as far removed from making america great as is possible for any place in america not on the pacific or atlantic ocean . You have my personal guarantee and decades upon decades of experience .

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 07:58 PM
It is debunked.

Hang on now...he was attacked...it's now unclear by whom.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 07:59 PM

I know...shit!

;)

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:03 PM
Sounds like a false flag attack.

Why not just update the headline with the original breitbart heading? Which was

Because I like my headline better, which made it clear who you are supposed to hate.

And also because it was correct.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Put my damn headline back!!!

Updated at 7:30 p.m.: Chicago PD now tell me via email that "in the initial reports there was no mention of MAGA," but "when detectives follow[ed] up with him later in the day, he recalled the offender[s] making those comments and detectives completed a supplemental report." It would appear that earlier statements by the police were erroneous. I have changed the headline of this article to reflect new information, and await a statement from Smollett himself

https://media.reason.com/mc/2019_01/CPD2.png?h=251&w=1043

Swordsmyth
01-29-2019, 08:20 PM

https://media.reason.com/mc/2019_01/CPD2.png?h=251&w=1043
Since I suggested that the headline be updated I think it only fair that I say AF should be able to have it put back the way it was.

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:25 PM
Since I suggested that the headline be updated I think it only fair that I say AF should be able to have it put back the way it was.

Thanks.

There's still time for this to take off, for all the self loathing whites and colored folks to get ginned up into a bloodthirsty, genocidal rage, before they find the actual guys who did it, which will most likely turn out to be some skinny white Marxist punks or nigggas from the 'hood.

Occam's Banana
01-29-2019, 08:31 PM
n/m

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 08:37 PM
Thank you mods.

Let's see how this plays out for a day or so and then modify if needed.

spudea
01-29-2019, 08:49 PM

This is ridiculous, the PD is now the victims spokesman... And to release erroneous details of an active investigation that doesn't help identify the purps...

TMZ is still trash, stating that the attackers were white males, when the police report states their faces and hands were covered so their gender and ethnicity were not determined. So what else did TMZ lie about?

I return to my original comment.... Chicago is maga Country??

Anti Federalist
01-29-2019, 09:18 PM
This is ridiculous, the PD is now the victims spokesman... And to release erroneous details of an active investigation that doesn't help identify the purps...

TMZ is still trash, stating that the attackers were white males, when the police report states their faces and hands were covered so their gender and ethnicity were not determined. So what else did TMZ lie about?

I return to my original comment.... Chicago is maga Country??

Of course it's trash, of course Shitcago is not MAGA country...the narrative is ridiculous on the face of it.

"Never interfere with your enemy when he is making a mistake"

jkr
01-29-2019, 10:34 PM
If it would have been any more of a false flag, they would have to dress up like Indians and throw tea into the river in Chicago

Mach
01-30-2019, 12:09 AM
I had no idea who this dude is.

How many white 'MAGA country' individuals watch the 'fagggot ******' Empire show enough to recognize this actor in a Subway store?

And they carry around masks and gloves etc. in case they see a black gay guy.

Empires ratings are down, so hey, why not get a bunch of free press while enticing people to watch the failing show, hoping to get another Season from the publicity.... and then throw some MAGA hate in there to create some new fans.

He must be best buddies with Lemon.

CaptainAmerica
01-30-2019, 01:04 AM
staged. I dont believe this shit anymore. Clinton would pay anyone to do this....its not that difficult to stage shit like this , when you know someone inside the gov brought the world trade towers down like a harry potter wizard and hid the truth for 18 years now in their chamber of secrets. Tom Riddle probably paid for this to happen

Anti Federalist
01-30-2019, 01:06 AM
NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson issued a statement Tuesday afternoon specifically blaming Trump’s “racist and xenophobic rhetoric”:

The recent racist and homophobic attack on acclaimed actor and activist Jussie Smollett is troubling. The rise in hate crimes is directly linked to President Donald J. Trump’s racist and xenophobic rhetoric. It is dangerous for any society to allow a tone of divisiveness and hatred to dominate the political discourse. As this rhetoric continues to bleed into our everyday lives, dangerous behavior will continue to place many law-abiding individuals at risk. We pray for a full physical and mental recovery Jussie Smollett and many unnamed victims of this forum of hate based terrorism.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), who is a candidate for the Democratic Party presidential nomination, called the alleged attack on Smollett a “modern day lynching.” (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/29/naacp-blames-president-donald-trump-for-alleged-racist-homophobic-attack-on-actor-jussie-smollett/)

RJB
01-30-2019, 07:35 AM
Now the actor is an "activist?" I really have come to hate that word.

nobody's_hero
01-30-2019, 08:37 AM
Lol. 'Chicago is MAGA country.' Whoever beat this guy was lost as f'k.

phill4paul
01-30-2019, 09:07 AM
NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson issued a statement Tuesday afternoon specifically blaming Trump’s “racist and xenophobic rhetoric”:

The recent racist and homophobic attack on acclaimed actor and activist Jussie Smollett is troubling. The rise in hate crimes is directly linked to President Donald J. Trump’s racist and xenophobic rhetoric. It is dangerous for any society to allow a tone of divisiveness and hatred to dominate the political discourse. As this rhetoric continues to bleed into our everyday lives, dangerous behavior will continue to place many law-abiding individuals at risk. We pray for a full physical and mental recovery Jussie Smollett and many unnamed victims of this forum of hate based terrorism.

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), who is a candidate for the Democratic Party presidential nomination, called the alleged attack on Smollett a “modern day lynching.” (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/29/naacp-blames-president-donald-trump-for-alleged-racist-homophobic-attack-on-actor-jussie-smollett/)

https://content.presentermedia.com/files/animsp/00014000/14679/bobber_anim_md_wm.gif

Anti Globalist
01-30-2019, 10:19 AM
Chicago is maga Country???
My thoughts exactly.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2019, 11:26 AM
https://content.presentermedia.com/files/animsp/00014000/14679/bobber_anim_md_wm.gif

Eaaaasssssyyyyy...FISH ON!

http://yaffa-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/fishing/images/dmImage/StandardImage/skip.gif

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say they’ve reviewed hundreds of hours of footage from downtown surveillance cameras but haven’t found footage yet of the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.

The department said in a news release late Tuesday that detectives reviewed footage from privately-owned cameras near where Smollett says he was attacked and will broaden their search by reviewing footage from traffic cameras and public bus cameras.

Smollett told police he was walking downtown near the Chicago River at around 2 a.m. on Tuesday when two masked men hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him, threw an “unknown substance” on him and put a rope around his neck.

The 36-year-old actor, who is black and gay and plays the gay character Jamal Lyon on the Fox television show, took himself to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for treatment.

“Empire” is shot in Chicago and is currently in production.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/police-no-footage-yet-of-alleged-attack-on-empire-actor/

pcosmar
01-30-2019, 11:57 AM
Now the actor is an "activist?" I really have come to hate that word.

or the Actor is Acting..
actively acting makes him an activist.

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God. For many false prophets have gone out into the world.

phill4paul
01-30-2019, 12:42 PM
Eaaaasssssyyyyy...FISH ON!

http://yaffa-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/fishing/images/dmImage/StandardImage/skip.gif

shakey1
01-30-2019, 12:48 PM
Actorvist:D

aGameOfThrones
01-30-2019, 01:07 PM
https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2019/01/30/police-reviewed-hundreds-of-hours-of-video-and-found-no-footage-of-alleged-attack-on-jussie-smollett/?__twitter_impression=true

Police Reviewed Hundreds of Hours of Video and Found No Footage of Alleged Attack on Jussie Smollett

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say they’ve reviewed hundreds of hours of footage from downtown surveillance cameras but haven’t found footage yet of the alleged attack on “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett.

The department said in a news release late Tuesday that detectives reviewed footage from privately-owned cameras near where Smollett says he was attacked and will broaden their search by reviewing footage from traffic cameras and public bus cameras.

Smollett told police he was walking downtown near the Chicago River at around 2 a.m. on Tuesday when two masked men hurled racial and homophobic slurs at him, beat him, threw an “unknown substance” on him and put a rope around his neck.

The 36-year-old actor, who is black and gay and plays the gay character Jamal Lyon on the Fox television show, took himself to Northwestern Memorial Hospital for treatment.

H_H
01-30-2019, 01:58 PM
or the Actor is Acting..
actively acting makes him an activist.

Ha, ha; I never heard that one, Pete.

brushfire
01-30-2019, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxcBIEV8bmI

This is a common playbook. They did the exact same thing with the tea party (before it was cooped by casual politics <merica_fk_yea> baby boomers).

They did the same thing during an obama rally - making gun owners rights a racism issue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZdTk4InmA4

BTW - the man in that clip was black, and they deliberately cropped the video so you could not see his skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7syx26QtQIM

This video "clip" describes the ar15 as a "machine gun" - fking morons.

Brian4Liberty
01-30-2019, 02:03 PM
There needs to be a reward to find these white Nazi racist MAGA shouting homophobes! Where’s Shaun King?

https://www.twitter.com/shaunking/status/1090458758713671680

phill4paul
01-30-2019, 02:40 PM
Maxine weighs in....

“I’m pleased that he’s doing okay. But we have to understand this is happening for a reason. Why all of a sudden do we have people unable to study while black, unable to mow a lawn while black, unable to have picnic while black, and being attacked?” Waters said. “It’s coming from the president of the United States. He’s dog whistling every day. He’s separating and dividing, and he’s basically emboldening those folks who feel this way.”

“When I heard about what had happened to Jussie, and I heard they put a rope around him, and they poured bleach on him and stuff, I was absolutely, very upset. So I’m feeling better that he’s okay, and I am looking forward to seeing him,” Waters concluded.

https://ntknetwork.com/maxine-waters-blames-president-trump-for-attack-on-empire-actor-jussie-smollett/

Anti Federalist
01-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Maxine weighs in....

https://ntknetwork.com/maxine-waters-blames-president-trump-for-attack-on-empire-actor-jussie-smollett/

Is it just me or are "they" actually getting skittish on this one?

That's not anywhere near the bombast and bullshit I'd expect hear from that idiot broad if she thought for one second some actual white raycississ did this.

phill4paul
01-30-2019, 03:35 PM
Is it just me or are "they" actually getting skittish on this one?

That's not anywhere near the bombast and bullshit I'd expect hear from that idiot broad if she thought for one second some actual white raycississ did this.

No, it's not just you. Their responses seem....measured.

specsaregood
01-30-2019, 08:28 PM
lol, cops post photo of people of interest.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyNBHHOX4AQlG-O.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyNBG22WkAAnN3r.jpg

after reviewing hours of video from dozens of cameras, that was the best they could come up with.
basically the only people near the area he claims he was attacked at 2am on a Monday morning in the middle of a snowstorm.

AuH20
01-30-2019, 08:42 PM
MAGA Country? I only know of the glorious Kekistan!

https://pre00.deviantart.net/442e/th/pre/f/2017/156/8/8/modern_kekistan_by_deviantsock-dbbp4mh.png

https://i.redd.it/ul9o1nusgzoy.png

Anti Federalist
01-30-2019, 09:08 PM

MelissaWV
01-30-2019, 09:26 PM
Kind of his manager to be on the phone with the victim at 2am, hear him being attacked, yet not call the police for him?

Wooden Indian
01-30-2019, 09:35 PM
It's too much, but at least they paired it back a hair from the original story.

From The AP-
War Hero Transexual Black Immigrant with Down Syndrome Attacked while solving World Hunger:

Witnesses on Twitter confirm the MAGA attack was perpetrated by Ghost of Adolf Hitler. Additional sources close to the situation and employed by Buzzfeed also confirm that Trump, in posession of Adolf's skull, used White Power Sorcery to raise him from the depths of South Carolina itself.

Impeachment proceedings are being demanded by all sensible people everywhere and have only been discouraged by Nazi Homophobic Cisgender Christians that everyone hates.

More news at 9:00

phill4paul
01-31-2019, 11:05 AM
A woman who lives in Jussie Smollett's apartment building told cops she saw a suspicious man -- whom she said looked like a "redneck" -- loitering just outside the entrance to the building an hour and a half before Jussie says he was attacked.

The woman -- who asked us not to use her name -- tells TMZ, she walked out of the building at 12:30 AM Tuesday to take her dogs out and saw the man near the door, pacing between the parking garage and entrance, looking agitated and smoking a cigarette. She says, "He looked out of place." He was a white man with scruff on his face wearing a blue winter beanie, a blue zip-up sweatshirt with a hood and blue jeans that were too short, exposing "thick, grey hunting socks" with camel-colored dress shoes.

She says she noticed what looked like a rope, or a clothesline, protruding from the bottom of his sweatshirt, made of white and blue material.

She says he was staring at another man about 300 feet away, who was standing near another entrance to the building.

She says she got "creeped out" by the man, and after 5 minutes she retreated back into the building.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/31/jussie-smollett-neighbor-suspicious-redneck-rope-attack-chicago/

I know many a 'redneck,' none dress as she describes. Sounds like a metro-sexual Paul Bunyon wanna be.

specsaregood
01-31-2019, 11:08 AM
The city with the most cameras in the country.... and no video of it the attack or after effects.

Brian4Liberty
01-31-2019, 11:11 AM
https://www.tmz.com/2019/01/31/jussie-smollett-neighbor-suspicious-redneck-rope-attack-chicago/

I know many a 'redneck,' none dress as she describes. Sounds like a metro-sexual Paul Bunyon wanna be.

She has an amazing eye and memory for detail...

CaptUSA
01-31-2019, 11:28 AM
The woman -- who asked us not to use her name -- tells TMZ, she walked out of the building at 12:30 AM Tuesday to take her dogs out and saw the man near the door, pacing between the parking garage and entrance, looking agitated and smoking a cigarette. She says, "He looked out of place." He was a white man with scruff on his face wearing a blue winter beanie, a blue zip-up sweatshirt with a hood and blue jeans that were too short, exposing "thick, grey hunting socks" with camel-colored dress shoes.

New pre-attack video out:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3XZwuGhNPkqwE/source.gif

phill4paul
01-31-2019, 11:32 AM
New pre-attack video out:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/3XZwuGhNPkqwE/source.gif

Lol! I knew it! It's been Jay and Silent Bob all along!

Occam's Banana
01-31-2019, 03:10 PM
The city with the most cameras in the country.... and no video of it the attack or after effects.

Clearly, more cameras are needed ...

Swordsmyth
01-31-2019, 06:18 PM
The actor who claimed that he was the subject of an attack at the hands of supporters of President Donald J. Trump due to his race and sexual orientation is not cooperating with police to help them verify those facts.
“Chicago police CONFIRM Jussie Smollett and his music manager, Brandon Moore, told detectives they were on the phone when Smollett was being attacked,” according to Rob Elgas of ABC. “However, detectives are unable to ‘independently verify’ the call occurred because Smollett refused to turn over his phone.”

However, detectives are unable to "independently verify" the call occurred because Smollett refused to turn over his phone.
— Rob Elgas (@RobElgasABC7) January 31, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1090815952671916032?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
Many agree that Smollett would want to use any evidence at his disposal to prove that he was not fabricating his claims, especially since he is outwardly anti-Trump, which would provide a motive for him to fake such an attack.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jussie-smollett-wont-let-police-view-his-phone-to-verify-details-of-alleged-attack/

Anti Federalist
02-01-2019, 07:49 AM
From 2016...

Man admits to faking hate crime in Malden

https://www.bostonherald.com/2016/11/18/man-admits-to-faking-hate-crime-in-malden/

By BRIAN DOWLING |
PUBLISHED: November 18, 2016 at 12:00 am | UPDATED: November 17, 2018 at 12:00 am

In the latest case of a faked hate crime, a 20-year-old man has admitted he made it up when he told Malden cops he was harassed by two men proclaiming it’s “Trump country now.”

The man, whose name police have not released, had filed a complaint saying when he got off an MBTA bus near Broadway Square in Malden at 10 p.m. Tuesday, at least two white men approached him.

The men used a racial slur, made a reference to lynching and warned him this is Donald “Trump country now,” according to the report he gave police. He was able to get away from the men and hid before calling police, officials said.

Investigators prioritized resources for the suspected “hate crime” incident and re-interviewed the alleged victim.

“As a result, it has been determined that the story was completely fabricated,” Malden police Chief Kevin Molis said in a statement. “The alleged victim admitted that he had made up the entire story,” saying he wanted to “raise awareness about things that are going on around the country.”

Police informed the man of the legal consequences of filing a false police report and warned him of the potential damaging impact that they had on the local community.

Malden Mayor Gary Christenson said, “When I heard the story was fabricated, we were not surprised at all.”

Christenson said he was told about the incident in an email at 12:30 a.m. Wednesday and he reached out to Molis, who was working on it by 2:30 a.m.

“Our community reacted quickly, and 24 to 48 hours later, here we are feeling better about who we are and why we are one of the most diverse cities in the state,” Christenson said. “Residents like ours who are letting us know when they hear or see something like this, that is important to how a city like ours moves forward.”

News reports of claims of harassment and hateful graffiti by Trump supporters have abounded since the Nov. 8 election, but a number of high-profile cases have fallen apart. In Lafayette, La., a Muslim woman will be charged with filing a false report after she admitted to making up a story about two men — one in a Trump hat — robbing her of her wallet and her hijab head scarf. In Santa Monica, Calif., police said they could find no evidence an alleged beating of a gay man by Trump supporters had taken place.

Superfluous Man
02-01-2019, 08:11 AM
“Chicago police CONFIRM Jussie Smollett and his music manager, Brandon Moore, told detectives they were on the phone when Smollett was being attacked,” according to Rob Elgas of ABC. “However, detectives are unable to ‘independently verify’ the call occurred because Smollett refused to turn over his phone.”

Can't they find out if that phone call happened without him turning over his phone? Or is that just on TV?

specsaregood
02-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Can't they find out if that phone call happened without him turning over his phone? Or is that just on TV?

I suspect they would need a warrant.

Superfluous Man
02-01-2019, 08:28 AM
I'm still confused by what is even being alleged with that, "This is MAGA country," quote.

Does anybody actually say that acronym out lout as a word like that and expect strangers to understand? How is it even pronounced? Is it like mah-guh?

H_H
02-01-2019, 02:22 PM
I'm still confused by what is even being alleged with that, "This is MAGA country," quote.

Does anybody actually say that acronym out lout as a word like that and expect strangers to understand? How is it even pronounced? Is it like mah-guh?
All I know is I sure hope these evil-doers are caught, just as you said, SuperMan.

H_H
02-01-2019, 02:24 PM
Does anyone with a TV and stuff know: is this getting top-line coverage? Are they talking about it a lot?

Swordsmyth
02-03-2019, 04:12 PM
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1091460453388017666

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1091487419080142849

"Making Gains" Pardon our laughter, but no Special Ed, no we aren't (https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-jussie-smollett-empire-statement-20190201-story.html):

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Friday detectives are "making gains" in their investigation of a report that "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was attacked by two men who yelled slurs and put a noose around his neck in Streeterville early this week.

"We are making gains in the investigation and hopefully we’ll bring it to a successful resolution soon," Johnson told reporters at the Shakespeare District police station on the Northwest Side.

He did not provide details. "I don’t like to comment too much on it out of respect for the victim, as well as I don’t want to compromise the detectives’ investigation.’’

Well, that's just bullshit. Would you like to know what detectives are telling us?

It never happened. CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad. The "victim" is refusing all forms of cooperation, his "ear witness" isn't cooperating, the Hollywood press is running with a non-existent narrative. The "persons of interest" are all but unidentifiable and left the area 20 minutes before the "attack," not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a "hillbilly looking" character that not a single camera in a one mile radius has a picture of.

And that's just from a couple of people working the case.
Labels: un-fucking-believable (http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/search/label/un-fucking-believable)

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2019/02/making-gains.html

phill4paul
02-03-2019, 04:20 PM
https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1091460453388017666

https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1091487419080142849

"Making Gains" Pardon our laughter, but no Special Ed, no we aren't (https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-jussie-smollett-empire-statement-20190201-story.html):

Chicago police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Friday detectives are "making gains" in their investigation of a report that "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett was attacked by two men who yelled slurs and put a noose around his neck in Streeterville early this week.

"We are making gains in the investigation and hopefully we’ll bring it to a successful resolution soon," Johnson told reporters at the Shakespeare District police station on the Northwest Side.

He did not provide details. "I don’t like to comment too much on it out of respect for the victim, as well as I don’t want to compromise the detectives’ investigation.’’

Well, that's just bullshit. Would you like to know what detectives are telling us?

It never happened. CPD is wasting hundreds of man hours to solve a Grindr date gone bad. The "victim" is refusing all forms of cooperation, his "ear witness" isn't cooperating, the Hollywood press is running with a non-existent narrative. The "persons of interest" are all but unidentifiable and left the area 20 minutes before the "attack," not to mention the anonymous witness who saw a "hillbilly looking" character that not a single camera in a one mile radius has a picture of.

And that's just from a couple of people working the case.
Labels: un-fucking-believable (http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/search/label/un-fucking-believable)

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/2019/02/making-gains.html

Pretty sure if he had broken ribs he would not have been able to have a singing performance.

Philhelm
02-04-2019, 08:08 AM

Yes. I have a co-worker whose name is Magan, so I call her "Maw-gawn." People know what it means.

juleswin
02-04-2019, 08:22 AM
Does anyone with a TV and stuff know: is this getting top-line coverage? Are they talking about it a lot?

No, its not getting any real coverage on it. I watched CNN, Fox news and MSNBC for at least 8 hrs per day and I did not hear any coverage of the story. The youtube liberal channels like TYT, secular talk, jimmy dore, humanist report, Sam Seder etc have yet to even do a report on the story. Seems like they are all waiting for a real development before giving their 2 cents.

Anti Federalist
02-04-2019, 08:27 AM
No, its not getting any real coverage on it. I watched CNN, Fox news and MSNBC for at least 8 hrs per day and I did not hear any coverage of the story. The youtube liberal channels like TYT, secular talk, jimmy dore, humanist report, Sam Seder etc have yet to even do a report on the story. Seems like they are all waiting for a real development before giving their 2 cents.

Pretty telling when even that mob keeps its mouth shut about a story that is, more and more, looking like utter bullshit.

juleswin
02-04-2019, 08:57 AM
Pretty telling when even that mob keeps its mouth shut about a story that is, more and more, looking like utter bull$#@!.

TYT got burned really bad covering the "white man with blue eyes drive by shooting" story and I think this has made them really gun shy when it comes to these sort of stories. They got a lot of backlash and had to delete quite a few videos because of it. I think that group in particular (TYT network) won't be rushing to cover anymore of these race stories any time soon.

H_H
02-04-2019, 09:19 AM
All the black people on YouTube and Twitter are saying this is a hoax. Many are native Chicagoans.

They are saying this is a known party district he was is, and that almost certainly he was “cruising” — black lingo for gay hookup-seeking. They’re saying he found someone on Grindr who agreed to meet him at Subway, who then attacked him. Perhaps former “lover” (co-masturbator).

They would be be in the best position to know, so that’s probs the real stor.

it’s funny, they also are willing to openly mock the absurdities in the story, which are many. While the media is forced to go along and pretend to believe it. :D

A small sampling from the Black Community:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fg4_713GjY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBt4P9e4giE

Follow-up from the same guy above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlBnMp8bndc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvz-GKuD79o
“Sumbuddy he met on grindr. Jussie, ain’t no way you goin out der at sub-zero lookin for a **# sub, okay? And how would they recognize you because you’d be all bundled up. They can’t see you in no ##* cold, Jussie.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phtOxo4w7gs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThR8wZ_l0LM
“That’s about as believable as R. Kelly falling in love with a woman that’s 32 years old.”
“You know gay and drama go hand in hand. I know it, yall know it, everybody know it.”

Is there a single normal black person supporting him? Any?

It does not appear that there are.

brushfire
02-04-2019, 09:21 AM
-"You just got your a$$ whooped, and bleach spilled all over you! What are you going to do now!?"

-"I'm going to subway!"

H_H
02-04-2019, 09:23 AM
Two more (b/c RPF 6 video limit)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftqBQ3pJxOQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaQtXru4xpc

Swordsmyth
02-06-2019, 02:17 PM
https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1092846660982579200

Mach
02-06-2019, 10:57 PM
Chicago Police Supt. Says Jussie Smollett ‘Will Be Held Accountable’ if He Made a False Report

https://pjmedia.com/trending/chicago-police-supt-says-jussie-smollett-will-be-held-accountable-if-he-made-a-false-report/

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said Tuesday that Empire actor Jussie Smollett is still being treated as a victim in the alleged MAGA hate crime attack, but if the investigation reveals that he made a false report, he will be held accountable.

#ChicagoPolice Supt Eddie Johnson says #JussieSmollett is still being treated as the victim in this case but if the investigation does reveal he made a false report he will be held accountable.
— Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) February 5, 2019

Single digit temperatures... -20 windchill

2am

he went out of site for 60 seconds, that's it

was never admitted to hospital, just checked over and released

will not give cops phones

-------

Police Report from that night

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5726083-Jussie-Smollett-police-report.html

phill4paul
02-07-2019, 09:53 AM
https://twitter.com/BreakingNLive/status/1092846660982579200

//
Pretty sure if he had broken ribs he would not have been able to have a singing performance.

H_H
02-07-2019, 12:30 PM
There is literally not a single human being who believes this story is not completely fake, except for:

1. Our own SuperEro,
2. Just kidding, there is no 2.

phill4paul
02-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Chicago Police Supt. Says Jussie Smollett ‘Will Be Held Accountable’ if He Made a False Report

https://pjmedia.com/trending/chicago-police-supt-says-jussie-smollett-will-be-held-accountable-if-he-made-a-false-report/

AuH20
02-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Is this guy associated with the FBI or CIA?

Swordsmyth
02-07-2019, 05:38 PM
https://twitter.com/emzanotti/status/1092855358727614465

phill4paul
02-07-2019, 05:56 PM
https://twitter.com/emzanotti/status/1092855358727614465

Well this should be interesting...

Mach
02-07-2019, 06:59 PM
People need to start putting pressure on the prosecutors and the cops, some reverse political correctness, to let them know that not charging him with something is going to make them look even worse in public than anything the Left will throw at them.

The Rebel Poet
02-07-2019, 07:48 PM
“both white...their faces and hands had been covered.”Then how do you know their skin color?

I

call

bull.

Swordsmyth
02-08-2019, 12:15 AM
Unsurprisingly, this story seemed fishy right from the start.
First, it was the contradictory reports (https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/29/chicago-police-deny-claim-that-jussie-sm) that the Chicago Police didn’t know about the “MAGA country” remark. Then came the hunt for video evidence of the attack, which didn’t turn up any footage of the actual assault. The only thing that came from thousands of hours of camera footage on multiple streets that the police reviewed are two suspicious dark shapes (https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/01/31/report-jussie-smollett-persons-of-interest-only-seen-on-opposite-side-of-street/) walking on the opposite side of the street from Smollett.
Smollett was captured on video for all but sixty seconds. After the sixty seconds where he disappeared into an alley, Smollett reappears with a noose hanging around his neck like a tie. That’s an awfully short amount of time to suffer such a severe attack.
More fishy details have continued to emerge. Smollett’s manager claimed he was on the phone with his client during most of the attack and heard the “MAGA country” remark. That wasn’t initially in the police report, and, most suspiciously of all, Smollett and his manager refused to hand over (https://www.thewrap.com/jussie-smollett-manager-phone-records-chicago-pd/) their phone records to police.
Smollett decided to add another element to his story that reinforced the idea that the whole thing was a fabrication. As he returned to the stage after the supposed attack, Smollett bragged that he “fought the fuck back (https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/02/03/jussie-smollett-tears-up-first-concert-since-attack-i-fought/2761359002/)” against his attackers. That seems impossible considering his story and that he kept a cellphone in his hand throughout the entire assault.
Police provided another odd detail that undermined his account. According to authorities, Smollett was carrying and managed to protect (https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/more-strange-details-in-the-jussie-smollett-case/) a Subway sandwich throughout the brutal attack, and emerged with the undamaged sub in his hand when he reappeared on the surveillance footage.
To summarize:

Smollett was brutally beaten in less than sixty seconds in a diverse, anti-Trump city.
His violent, racist attackers knew he starred in a show that is not generally watched by people likely to be Trump supporters, or who would know his sexual orientation.
They also somehow believe that their diverse, anti-Trump city is MAGA country.
Additionally, in his own words, Smollett fought off his attackers while simultaneously pinned to the ground, talking on his cellphone, and holding onto a Subway sandwich.
Count me as a skeptic.

Even without the additional details and the changing story from Smollett’s camp, the whole thing seemed unbelievable. America has experienced way too many hate hoaxes recently to fall for such a ridiculous story as this one. And yet we all had to sit through another case of the mainstream media falling for one. Smollett was still able to bask in his noble victimhood, even as his story unravelled. Nearly every outlet faithfully reported his “fought the fuck back” comments without any hint of doubt.
GQ covered his first performance since the alleged assault with this celebratory headline, “Jussie Smollett Is Defiant at His First Performance After a Racist, Homophobic Assault (https://www.gq.com/story/jussie-smollett-defiant-performance).” There was no “alleged” in the headline, nor any indicators in the article that we should perhaps not absolutely believe Smollett’s story.
Indeed, earlier in the week, GQ had published an article (https://www.gq.com/story/jussie-smollett-hate-crime) on why everyone should definitely believe that Smollett was a victim of a hate crime: because it confirms the Left-wing narrative on hate in Trump’s America. The writer, Joshua Rivera, was incensed that the alleged crime was being treated as a “possible hate crime” by police rather than as a definite one. Rivera believes these attacks are very common, and argues that “almost all violent extremist crime is committed by right-wing terrorists.” This writer claims that the attack fits into the grand scheme of whiteness: “Whiteness in 21st century America has an endgame, and it is this: to divest itself from the shame of its power, while working to revive the fear it needs in which to thrive.”
Rivera concludes his article with an affirmation of his blind faith that this attack occurred by dismissing the disputed facts of the case:

A still-disputed aspect of the attack on Smollett is a line shouted after his attackers fled the scene: “This is MAGA country.” While its veracity isn’t confirmed, its sentiment needs no fact-check. America’s choice to embrace the blind rage of late-stage whiteness in decline is an explicit longing for this kind of crime, a version of America in which those who do not assimilate to the satisfaction of their white, straight, and Christian betters are subject to the impunity of law enforcement, the scorn of the media and the fury of racist homophobes stalking the streets of your city, who want you to know that they could lynch you if they really wanted to, and maybe get away with it too.
Imagine believing that whites easily get away with hate crimes in 2019 America!
Even those writers who accepted that elements of the case didn’t add up still chose to believe that it happened because it aligned with their preferred narrative. Chicago Tribune columnist Dahleen Glanton, who is black, noted (https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/glanton/ct-met-dahleen-glanton-jussie-smollett-attack-20190201-story.html) that many parts of the story seemed unbelievable, such as Trump supporters rampaging in liberal Chicago at 2 AM in freezing temperatures.

And yet Glanton also urged her readers to believe the case because “[w]hy are we so obsessed with who committed the crime rather than dealing with the fact that such crimes routinely happen across America?”
She concluded by saying, “At this point, we should all consider Smollett the victim of a horrible hate crime. And in Chicago, we should stop pretending like horrible things like this could never happen in our city.”
The belief that angry white men are the primary threat to non-whites in Chicago cannot be challenged by common sense or facts. It must be accepted by all.
Ever since Trump was elected, hate hoaxes have proliferated to an all-time high. There was the Muslim girl on the New York City train who claimed she was assaulted because of her hijab. That was bullshit (https://dailycaller.com/2016/12/14/muslim-woman-reportedly-admits-to-fabricating-nyc-subway-attack/). There were dozens of threats to Jewish community centers that turned out to be the work (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/03/23/israeli-american-teen-jewish-community-center-threats-arrest/99528560/) of an Israeli teenager and a black journalist.American Renaissance maintains an extensive database (https://www.amren.com/archives/reports/hate-crime-hoax-map/) of hate hoaxes, many of which resemble the Smollett case. Many non-whites have sought to fabricate crimes against themselves to win fame and attack the white majority.
Smollett is a vocal Trump critic who made an entire music video showing his disdain for the President. He also has a career that would benefit immensely from suffering a “homophobic” and “racist” hate crime. He knows what kind of message to send to get the Left and the media on his side, as he concluded his most recent performance with, “Be as black, be as brown, be as gay as the fuck you want to be!” Be anything that sets you apart from the evil, Trump-supporting crowd.
Hate hoaxes meet the Left’s demand for victimhood. Leftists need to believe that Trump’s America is full of violent racists who will attack non-whites at a moment’s notice. If this is widely believed, it makes it easier to call for laws criminalizing hate speech and greater law enforcement attention to “hate groups.” This false notion also satisfies the Left’s persecution mania. Even though Leftists and their sympathizers control nearly every institution in our society and can speak as freely as they want, they still consider themselves to be suffering under an oppressive, white supremacist regime.
Since there are not enough real hate crimes to satisfy this mania, media outlets continue to readily accept any that are staged for them. The Southern Poverty Law Center and others tell them that hate crimes are skyrocketing, so why should they doubt that emboldened white racists would travel to Chicago to attack Jussie Smollett?
It is true that Chicago has witnessed disturbing hate crimes in recent years – against white people. In late 2016, there was the white motorist who was pulled out of his car and beaten (https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1357427/Meanwhile-Chicago-Men-beat-Trump-supporter-street.html) by black youths because he looked like a Trump supporter. In January 2017, there was the mentally handicapped white man who was kidnapped and tortured (https://dailycaller.com/2017/01/05/hate-crime-charges-filed-in-torture-kidnapping-of-white-man-in-chicago-video/)by blacks because of his race. Those cases were largely ignored by the media outlets currently hyperventilating over Smollett’s tall tale. CNN commentator Symone Sanders mocked the motorist’s beating at the time with the statement, “Oh my goodness, poor white people! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0d6zIBDlj8)”
Hate crimes against whites are rising (https://dailycaller.com/2017/11/14/ap-doesnt-mention-rise-in-hate-crimes-against-whites/) in the Trump age, yet they still receive scant attention from the mainstream media. Both of those anti-white assaults in Chicago were caught on camera and were undisputedly motivated by hate. They didn’t conform to the preferred narrative, however, so they were ignored.
When Smollett’s story turns out to be a fantasy, we won’t see any mea culpas from the folks who promoted it or any improvement in the coverage of such bogus claims. It’s just too advantageous to propagate hoaxes for their cause.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-07/hate-crime-against-jussie-smollet

Anti Federalist
02-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Looking more and more like just bullshit.

Question now is: will there be any follow up and charges, or will it all just be quietly swept under the rug.

Sooner or later one of these false hate hoaxes are going to be credible enough to finally push the Jacobinites over the edge and the killing will start.

Jussie Smollett’s neighbors cast doubt on his attack story

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/jussie-smolletts-neighbors-cast-doubt-on-his-attack-story/

By Gabrielle Fonrouge February 11, 2019 | 5:02am | Updated

CHICAGO — Nearly two weeks after “Empire” star Jussie Smollett claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack, cops have yet to identify any suspects — and some people in his tony Chicago neighborhood are growing skeptical.

“I don’t believe it happened the way he said it did,” said Agin Muhammad, who lives in the same swank high-rise near the Navy Pier as Smollett.

“I’ve been in this neighborhood five years. I don’t believe it, not around here … Half the people are gay and the other half are black.”

A patron at Lizzie McNeill’s Irish Pub, about a block from the scene of the alleged Jan. 29 incident, said Smollett’s story “doesn’t really make sense.”

“It’s a lie, because Chicago is the most liberal city around,” said the man, who wouldn’t give his name. “They have cameras everywhere … Why can’t they find the attack?”

Cops have said they found plenty of surveillance video, but none that captured the incident.

Meanwhile, Chicago police said Sunday that Smollett has yet to turn over data from his cellphone to verify that he was on the phone with his music manager, Brandon Moore, when he was allegedly attacked.

Moore has said he heard Smollett’s assailants shout a “racial slur” and the words “MAGA country,” an apparent reference to President Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

“We have no reason to doubt the statements, but for a criminal investigation, we need to independently confirm the phone records,” Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said.

“We offered to take the phone to download the data and he expressed he couldn’t be without his phone for several hours.”

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson has said that Smollett, 36, was being treated as a crime victim, but would be held accountable if cops learn he filed a false report.

Smollett told cops he was confronted by two men, one wearing a black mask, who hurled gay and racist epithets at him, calling him “’Empire’ f—-t n—-r” while he was walking home shortly before 2 a.m.

The assailants allegedly punched Smollett in the face, doused him with a liquid — believed to be bleach — and tied a rope around his neck in an underpass between the Sheraton and Loews Chicago hotels.

Last week, The Post traced Smollett’s likely route to the underpass from a 24-hour Subway sandwich shop where he bought a tuna sandwich and a salad.

Near the foot of a stairwell to the Loews, The Post found an empty hot sauce bottle that was partially filled with a clear liquid that smelled like bleach.

The Post alerted police, who seized the bottle. Guglielmi said it was turned over to the FBI for analysis.

The FBI declined to comment.

H_H
02-11-2019, 12:30 PM
Sooner or later one of these false hate hoaxes are going to be credible enough to finally push the Jacobinites over the edge and the killing will start.

That does seem plausible.

https://i.imgur.com/5Hjfra2.jpg

juleswin
02-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Is there anyone not related to the actor that actually believed this allged crime? I know the police has to continue the pretense of believing until it is proven to be a hoax. But yea, everythng I have read and heard about this story is about people doubting the claim he is making.

This has to be a good thing right?

H_H
02-11-2019, 12:40 PM
AF, your post reminds me of the classic adage:

https://i.ibb.co/hWm453T/2984-E450-8-B22-4-E79-A8-AD-28954-E71-A0-A6.jpg

CaptUSA
02-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Is there anyone not related to the actor that actually believed this allged crime? I know the police has to continue the pretense of believing until it is proven to be a hoax. But yea, everythng I have read and heard about this story is about people doubting the claim he is making.

This has to be a good thing right?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/53/43/a7/5343a703be44ac6764741aed43942aeb.gif

devil21
02-11-2019, 02:35 PM
Purely coincidence, I'm sure.

https://www.thewrap.com/empire-midseason-premire-date-season-5-return-promo-video/

Welcome back to the Lyons’ den. Fox has set the midseason return date for the fifth season of “Empire” and released a promo for the upcoming batch of episodes.

“Empire” Season 5 returns March 13 at 8/7c on Fox.

phill4paul
02-11-2019, 05:22 PM
This will slow slide into obscurity.

I did notice one thing though. Not a single progressive I know on F.B. posted anything about this. Not a single one. That's pretty damning right there.

H_H
02-11-2019, 08:01 PM
This will slow slide into obscurity.

I did notice one thing though. Not a single progressive I know on F.B. posted anything about this. Not a single one. That's pretty damning right there.

Maybe Black Ribs Just Really Don't That Much Matter

At least Gay Black Ribs.

H_H
02-11-2019, 08:04 PM
I just love that these straight-up ganstas were driving around with a noose in their trunk. Just in case. That, my dogs, is straight up.

That's my favorite part. I am very grateful to Jussie for including that part.

juleswin
02-11-2019, 08:12 PM
Purely coincidence, I'm sure.

https://www.thewrap.com/empire-midseason-premire-date-season-5-return-promo-video/

Yup, pure coincidence. At some point the studio has to put out some promotion for the new season. Doesn't mean this was some type of guerilla marketing for the show

devil21
02-11-2019, 08:38 PM
Yup, pure coincidence. At some point the studio has to put out some promotion for the new season. Doesn't mean this was some type of guerilla marketing for the show

Doesn't mean it is 100% but creating buzz through controversy is the method used these days to bring attention to something. Ya know what they say in Hollywood, there's no such thing as bad publicity. The show is long in the tooth and ratings have been steadily dropping, even to the point of Fox considering cancelling the show entirely. With his story not making much sense, the show on the ropes (pardon the pun....and his paychecks too...betcha he pissed away most of his money already....he's eating at Subway) and new episodes premiering soon, forgive me if I think this reeks of a publicity stunt to get Empire back into the news cycle.

(eta: 3 years later, indeed it was a manufactured controversy publicity stunt for Smollett and Kamala Harris to be profit from)

Swordsmyth
02-13-2019, 04:45 PM
Smollett gives Police heavily redacted phone records that are of no use. (https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/12/chicago-police-jussie-smolletts-redacted-phone-records-not-enough-for-criminal-investigation/) Meaning he got them, altered them, and then gave them to the Police.

Occam's Banana
02-13-2019, 05:16 PM
Smollett gives Police heavily redacted phone records that are of no use. (https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/12/chicago-police-jussie-smolletts-redacted-phone-records-not-enough-for-criminal-investigation/)

FTA:

When officers arrived at his apartment, Smollett still had a white rope draped around his neck.

:blank:

specsaregood
02-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Protip to Smollett: when the police say, "we are still investigating this as if you are the victim" they are in fact investigating it as if you are NOT a victim. Better stop talking to the police, dumbass.

Swordsmyth
02-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Jussie Smollett Wouldn’t Let ‘Empire’ Cast a White Boyfriend for His Character (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/f-no-jussie-smollett-wouldnt-let-empire-cast-a-white-boyfriend-for-his-character/)

Anti Federalist
02-13-2019, 07:24 PM
“There was talk about Jamal having a white boyfriend,” Smollett said at the time. “And I said, ‘F*** no!’ Not for any reason, except we have a responsibility and we have a such a beautiful opportunity to show two black men in a relationship together, in a healthy relationship.”

LOL - Black man worries about portrayals of miscegenation of his co-masturbator.

jct74
02-14-2019, 06:41 PM
https://i.imgur.com/KPUrHes.png

Sources: Jussie Smollett staged attack with help of others, allegedly being written off 'Empire'

February 14, 2019

CHICAGO -- Chicago police confirmed Thursday that detectives are talking to two persons of interest in connection with the alleged attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett.

Multiple sources have told ABC7 Eyewitness News that police are investigating whether Smollett and the two men staged the attack allegedly because Smollett was being written off of "Empire."

A source familiar with the investigation told the ABC7 I-Team that Smollett failed to appear for an interview with detectives earlier Thursday.

A source briefed on the Smollett investigation confirmed to ABC News that Chicago police are questioning the two persons of interest -- one of whom has appeared on "Empire."

The law enforcement official also told ABC News that the homes of the persons of interest were raided Wednesday night. Police removed shoes, electronic devices and other items they believe could help them they determine if the two people played any role in the assault from those homes.

read more:
https://abc7chicago.com/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/

jct74
02-14-2019, 07:03 PM
this guy is the Chief Communications Officer for Chicago police, contradicting the above report

specsaregood
02-14-2019, 07:34 PM
this guy is the Chief Communications Officer for Chicago police, contradicting the above report

there is no contradiction in there if you read it carefully, they are just covering their asses. all that statement above says is that they currently have no evidence. No where in the above article does it state they have "evidence", just claims and a raid.

Anti Federalist
02-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Report: Persons of Interest in Jussie Smollett Case Were Extras on ‘Empire,’ of Nigerian Descent

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/14/report-persons-of-interest-in-jussie-smollett-case-were-extras-on-empire-of-nigerian-descent/

14 Feb 2019

New details have emerged from the investigation into an alleged assault of a gay, African-American actor in Chicago last month.

At least one of the persons of interest Chicago Police Department questioned Thursday in connection to the alleged assault of Empire actor Jussie Smollett are linked to the Fox program and both are African-American, according to WGN Investigates.

Additionally, reporter Charlie De Mar is reporting that the two men are of Nigerian descent and appeared as extras on the FOX drama Empire, a show on which Jussie Smollett is a starring actor.

“Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more,” De Mar wrote Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, Chicago police Anthony Guglielmi revealed detectives were questioning the two individuals, but said neither of them are “considered suspects at this time.”

“The people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time as they are currently being questioned by detectives,” Guglielmi wrote on Twitter. “We remain in communication with the alleged victim.”

The pair were seen on surveillance cameras in the neighbor where the alleged attack took place, said Guglielmi.

The report comes as law enforcement continues to probe the alleged assault which Smollett told police occurred on January 29 as he walked back to his apartment from a Subway sandwich shop. The actor said two masked individuals spewed racist and homophobic slurs, doused him with an unknown chemical substance. Further, the 36-year-old told police the alleged assailants looped a thin rope around his neck and shouted “This is MAGA country” before running away.

Appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America Thursday, Smollett said he believes his attackers were motivated by his outspokenness against President Donald Trump and his administration. “I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration. I don’t hold my tongue,” he told interviewer Robin Roberts.

Chicago police said Monday they are so far unable to criminally investigate the alleged incident after Smollett turned over phone records that were redacted. “We are very appreciative of the victim’s cooperation however the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted,” police said. “Detectives may be following up with him to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”

Swordsmyth
02-15-2019, 12:48 AM
Report: Persons of Interest in Jussie Smollett Case Were Extras on ‘Empire,’ of Nigerian Descent

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2019/02/14/report-persons-of-interest-in-jussie-smollett-case-were-extras-on-empire-of-nigerian-descent/

14 Feb 2019

New details have emerged from the investigation into an alleged assault of a gay, African-American actor in Chicago last month.

At least one of the persons of interest Chicago Police Department questioned Thursday in connection to the alleged assault of Empire actor Jussie Smollett are linked to the Fox program and both are African-American, according to WGN Investigates.

Additionally, reporter Charlie De Mar is reporting that the two men are of Nigerian descent and appeared as extras on the FOX drama Empire, a show on which Jussie Smollett is a starring actor.

“Police raided the home of two persons of interest in Jussie Smollett case last night. Both men are of Nigerian decent and have appeared as extras on the show. Police took bleach, shoes electronics and more,” De Mar wrote Thursday.

Earlier Thursday, Chicago police Anthony Guglielmi revealed detectives were questioning the two individuals, but said neither of them are “considered suspects at this time.”

“The people of interest are alleged to be in the area where a crime was reported. They are not considered suspects at this time as they are currently being questioned by detectives,” Guglielmi wrote on Twitter. “We remain in communication with the alleged victim.”

The pair were seen on surveillance cameras in the neighbor where the alleged attack took place, said Guglielmi.

The report comes as law enforcement continues to probe the alleged assault which Smollett told police occurred on January 29 as he walked back to his apartment from a Subway sandwich shop. The actor said two masked individuals spewed racist and homophobic slurs, doused him with an unknown chemical substance. Further, the 36-year-old told police the alleged assailants looped a thin rope around his neck and shouted “This is MAGA country” before running away.

Appearing on ABC’s Good Morning America Thursday, Smollett said he believes his attackers were motivated by his outspokenness against President Donald Trump and his administration. “I come really, really hard against 45. I come really hard against his administration. I don’t hold my tongue,” he told interviewer Robin Roberts.

Chicago police said Monday they are so far unable to criminally investigate the alleged incident after Smollett turned over phone records that were redacted. “We are very appreciative of the victim’s cooperation however the records provided do not meet the burden for a criminal investigation as they were limited and heavily redacted,” police said. “Detectives may be following up with him to request additional data to corroborate the investigative timeline.”
What is it with Nigerians and scams?

Chester Copperpot
02-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Charles De Mar eh?

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/653366793973596161/i0676OOG_400x400.jpg

Valli6
02-15-2019, 01:37 PM
Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/15/14/9864298-6708821-image-m-14_1550242723677.jpg

...The men are brothers from Nigeria named Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, and Chicago cops are now calling them "potential suspects"... Ola played a prison inmate on season 2 of "Empire." It's unclear exactly how well they know Jussie, but we know Jussie follows their joint Instagram account. Abel also says he's worked on "Empire."
Both brothers describe themselves online as actors and models.
https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/15/jussie-smollett-suspects-arrested-battery-nigerian-brothers-empire-extras-actors/#

Mach
02-15-2019, 02:42 PM
This is like a Dumb and Dumber episode.

Anti Globalist
02-15-2019, 07:03 PM
These Nigerian guys don't seem like MAGA folk.

Brian4Liberty
02-15-2019, 07:10 PM
These Nigerian guys don't seem like MAGA folk.

They could be, but it might be suspicious if they are shouting MAGA in a Nigerian accent. At least it would be hard to misidentify them as white guys.

Apparently the police were led to them by phone records. So the “victim” had been on the phone with them.

jmdrake
02-15-2019, 10:49 PM
Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/02/15/14/9864298-6708821-image-m-14_1550242723677.jpg

They are clearly white people in black face...and body paint...and a really, really good Afro hair piece.....and....

Seriously, Jussie Smollett was a washed up child actor (only was in 1 of the 3 Mighty Ducks installments) that would have been an "almost been" if not for Empire. And now Empire's ratings are down and he was in danger of being written off the show. It was a publicity stunt. A gay male Twana Brawley. I almost feel sorry for the kid.

specsaregood
02-15-2019, 11:03 PM
I saw a thing earlier that said those 2 had been arrested now, apprehended at the Ohare airport.

Brian4Liberty
02-15-2019, 11:12 PM
I saw a thing earlier that said those 2 had been arrested now, apprehended at the Ohare airport.

Yes, heard they were under arrest. Interesting situation. “Were you for some reason intimidating this person, or were you involved in a fraudulent publicity stunt?”

Brian4Liberty
02-15-2019, 11:16 PM
They are clearly white people in black face...and body paint...and a really, really good Afro hair piece.....and....

You make a good case, but if there was a MAGA hat involved, we can overlook the other inconsistencies.

Mach
02-15-2019, 11:18 PM
Smollett said he didn't remove the rope from around his neck before police arrived "because I wanted them to see."

But he also says, numerous times, that he wasn't going to call the police until his friend/Creative Director talked him into it.

Which one?

jmdrake
02-16-2019, 07:33 AM
Smollett said he didn't remove the rope from around his neck before police arrived "because I wanted them to see."

But he also says, numerous times, that he wasn't going to call the police until his friend/Creative Director talked him into it.

Which one?

He also said he didn't want the police to have their body cameras on because "He didn't want to make a scene in the hallway."

1) How is that making a "scene?"

2) Why couldn't they just go into his apartment with their body cameras on then?

phill4paul
02-16-2019, 09:08 AM
Turning into a real whodundidit or diditevenhappen...

2 arrested men are released without charges in alleged attack on 'Empire' star Jussie Smollett: Police

Two men arrested by Chicago police police earlier this week in the alleged racial attack on "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett were released on Friday night.

Police clarified that the two men were placed under arrest Wednesday night after police met them at the airport.

But in a statement issued Friday night, Chicago Police Department officials said that "due to new evidence as a result of today's interrogations, the individuals questions by police in the Empire case have now been released without charg[es], and detectives have additional investigative work to complete."

The two are no longer being classified as suspects.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jussie-smollett-case-detectives-probable-cause-2-men-172303982--abc-news-celebrities.html

Chester Copperpot
02-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Turning into a real whodundidit or diditevenhappen...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/jussie-smollett-case-detectives-probable-cause-2-men-172303982--abc-news-celebrities.html

so were these guys the same two guys in the picture?? the 2 supposed white guy attackers in the video still, turned out to be these 2 US citizens of nigerian descent who are also black? and are these the same two people who jussie said were the perps but who chicago pd just released and said they had nothing to do with it?

phill4paul
02-16-2019, 09:39 AM
so were these guys the same two guys in the picture?? the 2 supposed white guy attackers in the video still, turned out to be these 2 US citizens of nigerian descent who are also black? and are these the same two people who jussie said were the perps but who chicago pd just released and said they had nothing to do with it?

I dunno. Possibly the butler in the kitchen with a candlestick.

Chester Copperpot
02-16-2019, 09:41 AM
I dunno. Possibly the butler in the kitchen with a candlestick.

someone should make a new Clue board game: Empire Edition....

juleswin
02-16-2019, 09:58 AM
What is it with Nigerians and scams?

I knew this thread was going to go really south as soon as the media said Nigeria. So what scam are the Nigerians involved in this time around?

Superfluous Man
02-16-2019, 10:13 AM
I knew this thread was going to go really south as soon as the media said Nigeria. So what scam are the Nigerians involved in this time around?

I take it you don't use email much?

Anti Globalist
02-16-2019, 10:16 AM
Hes referring to an email scam where someone claiming to be a Nigerian prince will give you a million dollars if you give him your social security number.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 10:18 AM
I take it you don't use email much?

What does using email got to do with this story?

Anti Federalist
02-16-2019, 10:20 AM
My guess:

Smollet wanted to be "the middle" in a queeer sandwich with these two.

They kicked his ass and told him to get lost.

The rest was a pure fabrication on Smollet's part.

Superfluous Man
02-16-2019, 10:21 AM
What does using email got to do with this story?

I was replying to your question about Nigerian scams.

Superfluous Man
02-16-2019, 10:22 AM
My guess:

Them calling him n----- and f-- fit with your scenario pretty well too.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 10:23 AM
Hes referring to an email scam where someone claiming to be a Nigerian prince will give you a million dollars if you give him your social security number.

Ofc, I know what Nigerian email scam is what does Nigerian email scams got to do with this story? what scam is the Nigerians perpetuating? I hope people like him don't go around bringing up Nigerian email scams everytime a Nigerian topic is mentioned in this forum. I understand stereotyping and all but there has to be a limit to everything.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 10:26 AM
I was replying to your question about Nigerian scams.

I asked "what scams are the Nigerians involved in this time around?" and your answer is Nigerian email scams? I really don't know what else to say if you didn't see anything wrong with that reply to my question.

Superfluous Man
02-16-2019, 10:28 AM
I asked "what scams are the Nigerians involved in this time around?" and your answer is Nigerian email scams? I really don't know what else to say if you didn't see anything wrong with that reply to my question.

The reason there's nothing wrong with that reply is that it's obviously what was intended in the post that you replied to when you asked that question. Since you know about Nigerian scams, I'm not sure why you replied to SS that way.

Of course the other scam that some Nigerians are involved in this time around is the one that this whole thread is talking about, which was what obviously prompted SS's post that troubled you.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 10:33 AM
The reason there's nothing wrong with that reply is that it's obviously what was intended in the post that you replied to when you asked that question. Since you know about Nigerian scams, I'm not sure why you replied to SS that way.

Of course the other scam that some Nigerians are involved in this time around is the one that this whole thread is talking about, which was what obviously prompted SS's post that troubled you.

Spit is out SM, I want to know which scam it is. I thought it was the American Jesse Smollett that was the one lying about people attacking him and pouring bleach on him. So in your next reply, please be specific on the scam cos even though it seems obvious to you and everyone else, I still do not see it.

Superfluous Man
02-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Spit is out SM, I want to know which scam it is. I thought it was the American Jesse Smollett that was the one lying about people attacking him and pouring bleach on him. So in your next reply, please be specific on the scam cos even though it seems obvious to you and everyone else, I still do not see it.

Could you please re-type that in English, and I'll try to help you understand whatever it is that you still don't?

juleswin
02-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Could you please re-type that in English, and I'll try to help you understand whatever it is that you still don't?

What a weasel you turned out to be. You can't answer the question because you don't have it, so u use the excuse that you cannot comprehend my English to weasel out of it. I bet your next excuse would be that my Nigerian accent is too thick for u to understand. :tears:

Superfluous Man
02-16-2019, 10:45 AM
What a weasel you turned out to be. You can't answer the question because you don't have it, so u use the excuse that you cannot comprehend my English to weasel out of it. I bet your next excuse would be that my Nigerian accent is too thick for u to understand. :tears:

What is the question?

I'll try to answer it if I can.

RJB
02-16-2019, 11:25 AM

Nigerian Princes and Russian Bots are the internet boogie men of our time. :)

Brian4Liberty
02-16-2019, 11:27 AM
My guess:

Lol. That specific hypothesis had not occured to me.

As the Police released them, it would appear that they did not confess to any crime like beating him. Perhaps they had administered a home bleaching procedure to him, and the results were somewhat blotchy. Thus he needed to come up with a cover story for his splotchy skin.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 12:01 PM
Nigerian Princes and Russian Bots are the internet boogie men of our time. :)

Preach my brother, preach

Chester Copperpot
02-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Jussie hires defense attorney

https://popculture.com/celebrity/2019/02/16/jussie-smollett-hires-michael-cohen-attorney-attack-investigation/

osan
02-16-2019, 03:02 PM
Uh huh...

This has the stink all over it. If the story is real, I'd bet money I don't have that the perpetrators are hard-left.

Cue shrieks for "gun control" in 4... 3...

osan
02-16-2019, 03:06 PM
If I had a gay black son...

...I'd shoot myself.

Swordsmyth
02-16-2019, 03:39 PM
They appeared to be involved with faking the "hate crime", that is now being denied.

Anti Federalist
02-16-2019, 04:19 PM
Lol. That specific hypothesis had not occured to me.

Personal distaste aside, it could be a cultural response.

IIRC the sentence for engaging in homosexual acts in Nigeria is death.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 05:08 PM
Personal distaste aside, it could be a cultural response.

IIRC the sentence for engaging in homosexual acts in Nigeria is death.

This is not really true, we have gay clubs, openly gay people and celebrities running around and none of them are facing the death penalty. Culturally, homosexual activity is frowned upon by the majority of Nigerians but as far as I know, nobody has been killed just for being gay in Nigeria.

So I made a few calls to my friends back in Nigeria just to make sure I am not out of touch/date before pressing the send button on this post and none of the people I called can confirm that they have heard of any death sentences carried out due to homosexuality. One person said they have read of someone going to jail for sodomy but he doesn't know which state it happened in. I also did a google search and found two examples in Northern states(yup, we sorta have our own version of state rights) where they have sharia. The claim is that the sexual actual was not voluntary i.e. **** rape but it still didn't say if they carried out the death penality just that they were sentenced. Lastly, I can tell by the names that the 2 guys in question are from the western part of Nigeria which is typically christian and not the places you will see sharia law.

Btw, quite a few Nigerians use this myth to gain asylum in the US. They say to the US govt that the Nigerian govt threatened to kill them for their sexuality and the US foolishly give them a green card even though they could just move to a different state without sharia law and be just fine.

Anti Federalist
02-16-2019, 05:23 PM
This is not really true, we have gay clubs, openly gay people and celebrities running around and none of them are facing the death penalty. Culturally, homosexual activity is frowned upon by the majority of Nigerians but as far as I know, nobody has been killed just for being gay in Nigeria.

So I made a few calls to my friends back in Nigeria just to make sure I am not out of touch/date before pressing the send button on this post and none of the people I called can confirm that they have heard of any death sentences carried out due to homosexuality. One person said they have read of someone going to jail for sodomy but he doesn't know which state it happened in. I also did a google search and found two examples in Northern states(yup, we sorta have our own version of state rights) where they have sharia. The claim is that the sexual actual was not voluntary i.e. **** rape but it still didn't say if they carried out the death penality just that they were sentenced. Lastly, I can tell by the names that the 2 guys in question are from the western part of Nigeria which is typically christian and not the places you will see sharia law.

Btw, quite a few Nigerians use this myth to gain asylum in the US. They say to the US govt that the Nigerian govt threatened to kill them for their sexuality and the US foolishly give them a green card even though they could just move to a different state without sharia law and be just fine.

It's frowned upon, to use your own words, and can subject you to capital punishment, if caught in a Islamic Sharia law state.

Close enough AFAIC, to possibly trigger a violent rejection of a homosexual advance.

juleswin
02-16-2019, 05:34 PM
It's frowned upon, to use your own words, and can subject you to capital punishment, if caught in a Islamic Sharia law state.

Close enough AFAIC, to possibly trigger a violent rejection of a homosexual advance.

To be fair, an unwanted h0mo sexual advance to most straight men would trigger a violent reaction, I doubt them being of Nigerian decent has anything to do with it. At least violent enough to get a small cut under their eye. But then again, does anyone really believe he was really attacked? my guess is that he faked the whole thing for attention. I think he cut himself, poured bleach on himself and put the noose on himself all for attention.

jct74
02-16-2019, 06:00 PM
Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack

By Ryan Young and Brad Parks
February 16, 2019

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

The sources told CNN that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Swordsmyth
02-16-2019, 06:51 PM
According to Fox32 Chicago's Rafer Weigel, Chicago PD detectives were able to link the two Nigerian brothers to the purchase of the rope found around Smollett's neck, and they may have been paid to perform the alleged attack. "The brothers agreed to cooperate with police who are investigating whether Smollett made up the story after police threatened to charge them with battery. The brothers attorney said both brothers knew Smollett," tweeted Weigel, adding "There are unconfirmed reports that Smollett paid the two brothers to perform the alleged scheme."

whether Smollett made up the story after police threatened to charge them with battery. The brothers attorney said both brothers knew Smollett. There are unconfirmed reports that Smollett paid the two brothers to perform the alleged scheme. (2/2).
— Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) February 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096883044311617536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Weigel added that Chicago PD continues to consider Smollett a "victim" in the case. We're sure his super-connected high-profile lawyer has nothing to do with this.

.@Chicago_Police (https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) say even after the Nigerian brothers release and despite “new evidence” from their interrogation #JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/hashtag/JussieSmollett?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) is still being called a “victim” in this case. #Chicago (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chicago?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) #CPD (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CPD?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
— Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) February 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096891024511709184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Chicago PD reportedly reached out to Smollett's legal team "and expressed interest" in talking with the "Empire" star again.
.@Chicago_Police (https://twitter.com/Chicago_Police?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) also confirmed this with me just now. #JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/hashtag/JussieSmollett?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) https://t.co/wQ3H28C3dG
— Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) February 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096911115265761280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

If you needed any further indication that the walls are closing in on Jussie Smollett, CNN has now gone full-bore against the Empire star, with a panel of guests denouncing what what many suspected all along; it appears that Smollett staged a hate crime hoax.
Chicago police think "Empire" actor Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault on himself, two police sources say https://t.co/GyOMPBEJ5i pic.twitter.com/RvuiTWWY30 (https://t.co/RvuiTWWY30)
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) February 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1096919646207381513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
A lot of Democrats in Hollywood owe MAGA voters an apology. It had a lot of them chastising me for not buying Jussie’s story. Those of us who were skeptical were right. Now @CNN (https://twitter.com/CNN?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) reports Jussie paid the two Nigerian brothers to stage the attack. pic.twitter.com/RIrnKUFEoF (https://t.co/RIrnKUFEoF)
— Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/status/1096923584356802560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) After the Covington MAGA hat disaster, one might think Democrats would wait before rushing to judgement. One would be wrong.

There is no such thing as “racially charged.”

This attack was not “possibly” homophobic. It was a racist and homophobic attack.

If you don’t like what is happening to our country, then work to change it. It is no one’s job to water down or sugar-coat the rise of hate crimes. https://t.co/QAi0IYtSeR
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 30, 2019 (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1090491674575454208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
The racist, homophobic attack on @JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) January 30, 2019 (https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1090439686504570885?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
.@JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery.

This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate.
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 29, 2019 (https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1090361495119187969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Care to revise?
A minor note - Chicago PD has corrected the information regarding the bleach bottle, telling Fox News that it came from the former suspects' apartment, not Smollett's.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-16/smollett-hires-michael-cohens-criminal-defense-lawyer-assault-story-takes-dramatic

jkr
02-16-2019, 07:05 PM
the lesson?

CASH
IS
KING
!!!

Occam's Banana
02-16-2019, 07:19 PM
After the Covington MAGA hat disaster, one might think Democrats would wait before rushing to judgement. One would be wrong.

There is no such thing as “racially charged.”

This attack was not “possibly” homophobic. It was a racist and homophobic attack.

If you don’t like what is happening to our country, then work to change it. It is no one’s job to water down or sugar-coat the rise of hate crimes. https://t.co/QAi0IYtSeR
— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) January 30, 2019 (https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1090491674575454208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

The racist, homophobic attack on @JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) is an affront to our humanity. No one should be attacked for who they are or whom they love. I pray that Jussie has a speedy recovery & that justice is served. May we all commit to ending this hate once & for all.
— Nancy Pelosi (@SpeakerPelosi) January 30, 2019 (https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/1090439686504570885?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

@JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery.

This was an attempted modern day lynching. No one should have to fear for their life because of their sexuality or color of their skin. We must confront this hate.
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) January 29, 2019 (https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1090361495119187969?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Care to revise?

Revise what? Haven't you heard? Truth is irrelevant.

The only thing that matters is that "people had thought something like that was possible" ...

We live in a time where somebody could do something like this based purely on hate or race. And that it turned out to not be the case I don’t think changes the devastating conclusion that people had thought something like that was possible.

Cleaner44
02-16-2019, 07:51 PM
I think to anyone that isn't a rabid Marxist, this was an obvious hoax that thinking people detected from the beginning.

Smollett beating investigation bombshell gives fresh fodder to Trump supporters
https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/smollett-beating-investigation-bombshell-gives-fresh-fodder-to-trump-supporters/

Police sources: New evidence suggests Jussie Smollett orchestrated attack
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Swordsmyth
02-16-2019, 08:01 PM
Smollett reportedly directed at least one of the Nigerian brothers to purchase the rope (at the Crafty Beaver hardware store) and hats. They were also paid $3,500 each prior to leaving for Nigeria and promised $500 each upon their return, according to CBS Chicago's Charlie De Mar.
Sources: Rope/hats purchased at direction of Smollett
— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1096936997330010112?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
New: Sources—The brothers were paid $3,500 prior to leaving for Nigeria and were promised an additional $500 upon their return. @cbschicago (https://twitter.com/cbschicago?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)https://t.co/22zRPCcYTe

(Updated typo from previous tweet)
— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/CharlieDeMar/status/1096942749297926144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
#Breaking (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Breaking?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw): 2 #CPD (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CPD?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) sources tell @fox32news (https://twitter.com/fox32news?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) the brothers arrested & released in #JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/hashtag/JussieSmollett?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) case told detectives they were paid by the #Empire (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Empire?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) actor to orchestrate the attack. Detectives also have a receipt for the rope found on #Smollett (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Smollett?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) neck showing the brothers bought it.
— Rafer Weigel (@RaferWeigel) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel/status/1096931054105980928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
It appears that Jussie Smollett tried to manufacture a hate crime to make Trump supporters look bad and most of the media not only uncritically accepted his lies as facts for weeks, but attacked those who questioned the validity of his false story.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1096945854852853760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
.@JussieSmollett (https://twitter.com/JussieSmollett?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) @EmpireFOX (https://twitter.com/EmpireFOX?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) pic.twitter.com/RBP2rmqGwY (https://t.co/RBP2rmqGwY)
— Katrina Pierson (@KatrinaPierson) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/KatrinaPierson/status/1096944483088941057?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
CNN is all in on the Jussie Smollett news... but they keep forgetting the part where he claimed attackers were Trump supporters��
— Brian Flood (@briansflood) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/briansflood/status/1096939068267679744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-16/smollett-hires-michael-cohens-criminal-defense-lawyer-assault-story-takes-dramatic

brushfire
02-16-2019, 08:40 PM
Where he goin, he'll be gettin more footlongs than he ever done did at subway. He aint gonna be actin' eeetha....fo realz.

HAHA.. MAGA HAT. Someone should mail him one when he lands in cook county.

phill4paul
02-17-2019, 01:22 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52548541_10161526171275602_6016496475792474112_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=77e156b703b1493f372e16b80404202e&oe=5CF2C54A

Anti Federalist
02-17-2019, 01:24 PM
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/52548541_10161526171275602_6016496475792474112_n.j pg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=77e156b703b1493f372e16b80404202e&oe=5CF2C54A

Hahahahahahaha!!!!

"I'd have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids!"

Chester Copperpot
02-17-2019, 02:40 PM
love that

Anti Federalist
02-17-2019, 04:05 PM
From the comments at another web site:

Son of Snake Plissken - 2 hours ago

Noose still on, Sandwich in hand
He thought the nation was at his command

Did a concert, sang a song
But He lied, all along

The MAGA for which he cried, in Chi
Just really some Nigerian guys

Supporters at first were powerful and plenty
Now they'll hide and there won't be any

No retractions will be made
The story will now move to the shade

He has proven , he is not so smart
His story has completely fallen apart

The jig is up for Smollett
And he is left to eat some shit

He will walk with the gay black card
But his lawyers will hit his wallet hard

Anti Federalist
02-17-2019, 04:10 PM
Smollett beating investigation bombshell gives fresh fodder to Trump supporters
https://chicago.suntimes.com/columnists/smollett-beating-investigation-bombshell-gives-fresh-fodder-to-trump-supporters/

From the article:

Meanwhile, what am I going to say if Smollett’s alleged attackers turn out to be black?

“What idiots. The real Trump supporters are going to have a heyday.”

Fodder?

Heyday?

The Bolsheviks and Jacobins are two pins away from crying havoc and spilling blood, and it will be some asshole like this with a fake "hate" crime that will push them over the edge.

Fuck everybody involved with this.

phill4paul
02-17-2019, 04:33 PM
From the article:

Fodder?

Heyday?

The Bolsheviks and Jacobins are two pins away from crying havoc and spilling blood, and it will be some asshole like this with a fake "hate" crime that will push them over the edge.

From 'get-go' the article....

Early on, one of my readers made an annoying dig about the frantic search for the attackers of “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett:

“What are you going to say when the attackers turn out to be black?” he asked, taunting me.

Lol. Damned straight. We smell racial hatred dividing rats in it for personal gain at every turn.

Dems like to use the term "dog-whistle" disparagingly. Well, they seem to have a problem with "Wolf cries." And well, "that dog don't hunt."

specsaregood
02-17-2019, 04:42 PM

On that note... Should those guilty of claiming fake "hate" crimes be charged and prosecuted under hate crime legislation? I would say so, since the motivation is much the same.

Yes, I know most of us here are against "hate crime" legislation. But pretend you aren't and argue the pro/con of the above question.

phill4paul
02-17-2019, 04:46 PM
On that note... Should those guilty of claiming fake "hate" crimes be charged and prosecuted under hate crime legislation? I would say so, since the motivation is much the same.

Yes, I know most of us here are against "hate crime" legislation. But pretend you aren't and argue the pro/con of the above question.

Absolutely. Let's get it on!

specsaregood
02-17-2019, 05:00 PM
Absolutely. Let's get it on!

One could even argue that hate crime hoaxes are an act of terrorism.

Swordsmyth
02-17-2019, 05:36 PM

All false accusations should be punished with the punishment the accused would have gotten.

RJB
02-17-2019, 05:47 PM
All false accusations should be punished with the punishment the accused would have gotten.

That has always been my opinion too.

Swordsmyth
02-17-2019, 05:51 PM
That has always been my opinion too.
An alternative would be to treat the punishment the accused would have gotten as the crime it would have been (kidnapping, murder etc.) and give the accuser the punishment due those crimes.

Swordsmyth
02-17-2019, 06:18 PM
Chicago police spokesman: "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation."
— BNO Newsroom (@BNODesk) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1096937906432868352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Chicago police tell @ABC (https://twitter.com/ABC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) detectives are eager to speak to Jussie Smollett again urgently. “We have been in touch with Smollett’s attorneys. We contacted his attorneys last night. We made our intentions clear.”
— Rob Elgas (@RobElgasABC7) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1096929273028452352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Smollett case news. Backing up @RaferWeigel (https://twitter.com/RaferWeigel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) report: @ABC (https://twitter.com/ABC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) confirms detectives were able to confront the 2 brothers
with evidence they purchased the rope found around Smollett’s neck at an Ace hardware store. The brothers agreed to cooperate with police.
— Rob Elgas (@RobElgasABC7) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RobElgasABC7/status/1096931461553369088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

We don't say Trump Derangement Syndrome is a mental disorder for nothing.
— Mark Dice (@MarkDice) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1096932158952722432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

It appears that Jussie Smollett tried to manufacture a hate crime to make Trump supporters look bad and most of the media not only uncritically accepted his lies as facts for weeks, but attacked those who questioned the validity of his false story.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) February 17, 2019 (https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1096945854852853760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Mach
02-17-2019, 06:47 PM
Grand Jury is ready to go.

Also, another thing the cops collected at the Brothers place were cut up magazines, Jussie was sent some "hate" stuff weeks before the "attack," and played those to the hilt, too.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/17/jussie-smollett-grand-jury-attack-brothers-trump-empire/

Jussie Smollett Case to Go to Grand Jury ... Doubt MAGA Comment Because Trump Folks Don't Watch 'Empire'

A grand jury will hear the Jussie Smollett case early next week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Law enforcement sources connected to the investigation tell TMZ, the 2 brothers who were arrested and then released are staying somewhere around the Loop in downtown Chicago under the watchful eye of police so no one gets to them. We're told cops especially want to make sure Jussie does not contact the brothers.

RJB
02-17-2019, 06:55 PM
Nothing new, but it took me a moment to catch my breath from laughing so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkPf3yObfqk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkPf3yObfqk

Origanalist
02-17-2019, 07:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsDDJlskEHU&feature=youtu.be

phill4paul
02-18-2019, 08:17 AM

There used to be a Nancy Pelosi tweet. But, she's deleted it...

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi deleted her original tweet sympathetic for “Empire” actor and singer Jussie Smollett amid reports that Smollett may have staged the alleged January 29 attack against himself.

https://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-17-at-7.29.59-PM-768x475.png

https://dailycaller.com/2019/02/17/pelosi-deletes-tweet-jussie-smollett/

Anti Globalist
02-18-2019, 09:17 AM
Grand jury is going to bring the hammer down on this guy. I can feel it.

specsaregood
02-18-2019, 09:24 AM
Grand jury is going to bring the hammer down on this guy. I can feel it.

If anything, because then the police can blame him and all the time wasted on his hoax for them failing to solve any of the REAL unsolved murders and assaults they have on the books.

Valli6
02-18-2019, 09:38 AM
They still have to find the toddler who sent the threatening drawing of Smollet being attacked by a hairy yam with a flying drill.
(WARNING! Graphic image!)
https://articlebio.com/uploads/2019/01/30/threatening-letter-sent-to-jussie-smollett-1548837027.jpg

phill4paul
02-18-2019, 09:39 AM
They still have to find the toddler who sent the threatening drawing of Smollet being attacked by a hairy yam with a flying drill.
https://articlebio.com/uploads/2019/01/30/threatening-letter-sent-to-jussie-smollett-1548837027.jpg

Oh, shit, that's funny.

shakey1
02-18-2019, 09:41 AM
hahahahahaha... blackfired.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/b0/Vlcsnap-2012-09-23-11h45m39s202.png/revision/latest?cb=20120923155556

RJB
02-18-2019, 09:44 AM

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/b/b0/Vlcsnap-2012-09-23-11h45m39s202.png/revision/latest?cb=20120923155556

Blackface is racist.

specsaregood
02-18-2019, 09:46 AM

IIRC, One of the articles said one of the thing they took out of the nigerians apartment were magazines with letters cut out.

RJB
02-18-2019, 09:46 AM
It reminds me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off where everyone was wishing he recover from his sickness. That hoax also took place in Chicago.

https://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Screen-Shot-2019-02-17-at-7.29.59-PM-768x475.png

phill4paul
02-18-2019, 09:49 AM
It reminds me of Ferris Bueller's Day Off where everyone was wishing he recover from his sickness. That hoax also took place in Chicago.

My guess is that Nance no longer wants justice to be served.

Origanalist
02-18-2019, 09:56 AM
'I'm the Gay Tupac!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j2jhIHxIsY

Superfluous Man
02-18-2019, 10:09 AM
So what scam are the Nigerians involved in this time around?

Are you still incredulous about how some Nigerians having some involvement in some scam might factor into this thread?

Anti Globalist
02-18-2019, 10:13 AM
Thats fucking hilarious.

Stratovarious
02-18-2019, 10:40 AM
Swastikas on dorm room doors lol , usually by the Jew/s that stays there.

I was listening to the radio this am, the assumption of the ('Bleach' Caper) host was that the Cops knew
all along it was a hoax, they just played along so the fake whiner could 'spool out enough rope
to hang himself' .

Fake Racist attacks often include a 'Pick up Truck' in the backdrop.
:frog:

devil21
02-18-2019, 10:57 AM

Wait, is that real? OMFG

I wondered what the magazine cut-out thing was about.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 11:50 AM
If anything, because then the police can blame him and all the time wasted on his hoax for them failing to solve any of the REAL unsolved murders and assaults they have on the books.

Inciting a riot.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 11:52 AM

ROFL..."Blackfired".

I'm saying that three times and keeping it.

That will be the new word to use when the false hate hoaxers get caught.

BlackFired.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 11:55 AM
IIRC, One of the articles said one of the thing they took out of the nigerians apartment were magazines with letters cut out.

Yeah, saw that as well...they fingered the Nigerians for that.

shakey1
02-18-2019, 12:14 PM
ROFL..."Blackfired".

I'm saying that three times and keeping it.

That will be the new word to use when the false hate hoaxers get caught.

BlackFired.

By all means. :upsidedown:

juleswin
02-18-2019, 01:37 PM
Are you still incredulous about how some Nigerians having some involvement in some scam might factor into this thread?

So now u can understand me?

Superfluous Man
02-18-2019, 01:44 PM
So now u [sic] can understand me?

Up until a point I gathered that you were incredulous about why someone mentioned Nigerian scams in the context of this thread. As your replies multiplied, it got harder and harder to understand what in the world you were talking about.

But as for the part about how the topic of Nigerians being involved in a scam fit into this thread, is it at least safe to say that now you understand?

juleswin
02-18-2019, 01:48 PM
Up until a point I gathered that you were incredulous about why someone mentioned Nigerian scams in the context of this thread. As your replies multiplied, it got harder and harder to understand what in the world you were talking about.

But as for the part about how the topic of Nigerians being involved in a scam fit into this thread, is it at least safe to say that now you understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-rYtaPPlW0

Funny clip of someone talking, part of the talking is about people not understanding each other. I think you will like it and more importantly, you will understand it :)

Mach
02-18-2019, 03:53 PM

And what Bill were both of these Presidential Candidates below trying to pass?

The Anti-Lynching Bill...

https://mobile.twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1090361495119187969

Kamala Harris

.@JussieSmollett is one of the kindest, most gentle human beings I know. I’m praying for his quick recovery.

3:30 PM · Jan 29, 2019 · Sprout Social

-----

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/1090341255786184704

Cory Booker

The vicious attack on actor Jussie Smollett was an attempted modern-day lynching. I'm glad he's safe.

To those in Congress who don't feel the urgency to pass our Anti-Lynching bill designating lynching as a federal hate crime– I urge you to pay attention.
2:09 PM · Jan 29, 2019 · Buffer

Mach
02-18-2019, 04:11 PM

Everybody is concentrating on the "attack," but he sent some "white powder," with those drawings, which were sent in the mail, so Smollett could be looking at some Felonies.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

(CBS) –“Empire” actor Jussie Smollett, upset after a racist letter sent to the show’s studio didn’t get a “bigger reaction,” is suspected of paying two men to attack him a week later, according to multiple sources with direct knowledge of the investigation.

“When the letter didn’t get enough attention, he concocted the staged attack,” a source told CBS 2 Investigator Brad Edwards. Other sources corroborated that information.

Smollett received a letter containing a white powder Jan. 22. The letter was mailed to Chicago’s Cinespace Studios, where the show “Empire” is filmed. The letter prompted a HAZMAT response. CPD says the “white substance” was later determined to be aspirin.

phill4paul
02-18-2019, 04:38 PM
Everybody is concentrating on the "attack," but he sent some "white powder," with those drawings, which were sent in the mail, so Smollett could be looking at some Felonies.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/18/jussie-smollet-motive-staged-attack/

Ouch. Definitely calls for Federal charges!

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 05:19 PM
Ouch. Definitely calls for Federal charges!

Wanna take bets that he skates, just like a cop?

phill4paul
02-18-2019, 05:47 PM
Wanna take bets that he skates, just like a cop?

Damn straight he'll skate. We're talking the socialist deep-state F.B.I. and Justice Department.

Brian4Liberty
02-18-2019, 05:52 PM
It’s Hollywood and the media’s fault for not supporting the LGBTQ agenda. Oh, Pence is to blame too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwBOhXtQjTk

Swordsmyth
02-18-2019, 07:06 PM
https://twitter.com/Chet_Cannon/status/1097550682444333056

euphemia
02-18-2019, 07:28 PM
This is what race baiters do. Remember the Tawana Bradley case?

Jamesiv1
02-18-2019, 07:33 PM
Fake Noose

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 07:53 PM
This is what race baiters do. Remember the Tawana Bradley case?

That happened 20 years before a lot of the people here were born.

Click here for a history lesson. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley_rape_allegations)

euphemia
02-18-2019, 08:59 PM
Exactly. That is why someone needed to bring it up. This is a technique used by the left to create a response. Libertarians should not waste their anger until all the facts are in. Focus on what the issue really is.

Race pimps are what they are. And the left is really stupid to let itself be pimped out.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 09:09 PM
Exactly. That is why someone needed to bring it up. This is a technique used by the left to create a response. Libertarians should not waste their anger until all the facts are in. Focus on what the issue really is.

Race pimps are what they are. And the left is really stupid to let itself be pimped out.

Normally I would agree.

But what has happened in the intervening years: the national demographic shift in the nation's population, the change in the government media organs, and the rise of millions and millions of perpetually outraged internet Jacobins and Bolsheviks just looking for spark to ignite them into a literal killing frenzy, I have to sit up and take more notice of nonsense like this.

euphemia
02-18-2019, 09:39 PM
I confront it in the nicest possible way. We are one of two apparently white families on our block. We stayed here because we like the diversity. And I mean multinational diversity.

When I say nicest possible way, I mean I ask questions in my sweet, southern way, and I take a step forward with every question. I might be nose to nose with someone and still peppering them with questions to see if they really understand racial issues beyond what they have been told by the pimps.

Anti Federalist
02-18-2019, 09:51 PM
I confront it in the nicest possible way. We are one of two apparently white families on our block. We stayed here because we like the diversity. And I mean multinational diversity.

When I say nicest possible way, I mean I ask questions in my sweet, southern way, and I take a step forward with every question. I might be nose to nose with someone and still peppering them with questions to see if they really understand racial issues beyond what they have been told by the pimps.

I hope that continues to work out for you, I really do.

I had a great-grandmother that was very much the same type of person, outspoken, wasn't going to be forced out her home.

She liked the "diversity" as well.

She was beaten to death and left dead in the street in 1972 for the $64 in her purse.

pcosmar
02-18-2019, 10:28 PM

I take it from another direction and from a different perspective..

a Freshwater Conch.. a Druidic Christian and Conservative Hippy.

I reject race in entirety. the very concept of Races was created to remove God from the Creation of man and to promote the Humanist Theory. and this lie is used to exploit differences.. to denigrate any deemed inferior,, by those that Deem Themselves Superior.

People are simply Human.

Swordsmyth
02-18-2019, 10:31 PM
I take it from another direction and from a different perspective..

a Freshwater Conch.. a Druidic Christian and Conservative Hippy.

I reject race in entirety. the very concept of Races was created to remove God from the Creation of man and to promote the Humanist Theory. and this lie is used to exploit differences.. to denigrate any deemed inferior,, by those that Deem Themselves Superior.

People are simply Human.
That doesn't help when the other people are the ones who cling to the concept to exploit differences.. to denigrate any deemed inferior and to Deem Themselves Superior.

pcosmar
02-18-2019, 10:37 PM
That doesn't help when the other people are the ones who cling to the concept to exploit differences.. to denigrate any deemed inferior and to Deem Themselves Superior.

but I don't have to play..

it is the stupid game of idiots.

Swordsmyth
02-18-2019, 10:40 PM

You don't have to play, it will catch up with you whether you want it or not.

euphemia
02-18-2019, 10:41 PM

You do have a point. For years I have declined to identify as a particular race on registrations and applications. I do identify as a woman, and will keep on doing that.

pcosmar
02-18-2019, 10:43 PM
You do have a point. For years I have declined to identify as a particular race on registrations and applications. I do identify as a woman, and will keep on doing that.

I have a Stack of Files.

W-*****

The state defines me as white.

I do not.

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-i-am-not-a-number-i-am-a-free-man-patrick-mcgoohan-110-39-48.jpg

enhanced_deficit
02-18-2019, 11:03 PM
To give credit where due, Fox is staying the course:

Fox Stands Behind Jussie Smollett in Wake of Staged Assault Reporthttps://variety.com/2019/tv/news/jussie-smollett-empire-fox-assault-1203140605/

Mach
02-19-2019, 02:07 AM
Well, one of the latest things is, the Anti-Lynching Bill, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker and another Senator tried to get it going about a year ago and nothing happened, and then in June of 2018 brought it up again, nothing WAS happening with it until the Smollett hate crime happened and now it has passed the Senate and will now go to the house, last I heard.

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59827

On Thursday [Feb. 14th], the U.S. Senate passed a bill that would make lynching a federal crime.

The bill, which was introduced in June by Sens. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Tim Scott (R-S.C.), had previously passed in the Senate in December, but did not pass in the GOP-majority House before the end of the 115th Congress. The Hill reports that the bill passed Thursday with a voice vote.

While discussing the bill, Booker cited the recent reported attack in Chicago against actor Jussie Smollett of Empire fame and said that "lynching is not a relic of the past."

"Justice for the victims of lynching has been too long denied, and as we look forward we must collectively in this body make a strong, unequivocal statement," he added.

And who is the Smollett family buddies with?

Kamala Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TzkGkz3Ow

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1097021206992166912

1. Let me do a quick thread about this Jussie Smollett hoax. Because we need to ask questions about who else was involved in this hoax. I have always been critical of the deceptive tactics of the white LGBT community.
Now as we know, Jussie has campaigned with Kamala Harris pic.twitter.com/Ji5IN2DrXA
— Tariq Nasheed ���� (@tariqnasheed) February 17, 2019

2. Kamala Harris was one of the people who authored the Anti Lynching Bill. Remember, these people below are funded by certain groups with certain agendas that has nothing to do with helping ADOS. That’s why whenever we bring up a Black agenda, Kamala & Cory changes the subject pic.twitter.com/5qzx45R62K

3. That anti Lynching Bill Kamala introduced snuck in some LGBT language at the last minute. The white LGBT community has always tried to attached themselves to the plight of Black Americans to give the false impression that they have had a comparative historic struggle pic.twitter.com/6oYW52jx36

4. Even white people called out the deceptive tactic of attaching LGBT language onto a bill the addressed the historic attacks on Black citizens. People saw they were trying to use Black suffering to push unrelated agendas that would benefit white society
Tariq Nasheed ���� (@tariqnasheed) Feb 16,2019
-----

Some people in comments are saying Smollett holds the Minority Trifecta..... Black-Gay-Jewish.

devil21
02-19-2019, 02:28 AM
Since lynching is such an issue these days...

Unless there's a big one that was planned that's being upended by this whole stupid mess...

(note to stagers: a lot of people are on to the games, even the cops that may not want to look like useful idiots while the games play out)

Mach
02-19-2019, 02:48 AM
Since lynching is such an issue these days...

Unless there's a big one that was planned that's being upended by this whole stupid mess...

(note to stagers: a lot of people are on to the games, even the cops that may not want to look like useful idiots while the games play out)

Why yes, it is an issue, Jussie Smollett just had one put around his neck recently, and then wore it for awhile so the police would see it. :D

The Kamala/Anti-lynching Bill could be considered a motive for the fake attack, he's helped her in Campaigns and is friends with her.

Anti Federalist
02-19-2019, 05:50 AM
Well, one of the latest things is, the Anti-Lynching Bill, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker and another Senator tried to get it going about a year ago and nothing happened, and then in June of 2018 brought it up again, nothing WAS happening with it until the Smollett hate crime happened and now it has passed the Senate and will now go to the house, last I heard.

Well, that explains a lot.

shakey1
02-19-2019, 07:20 AM
Why yes, it is an issue, Jussie Smollett just had one put around his neck recently, and then wore it for awhile so the police would see it. :D

The Kamala/Anti-lynching Bill could be considered a motive for the fake attack, he's helped her in Campaigns and is friends with her.

:bulb:

Anti Globalist
02-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Surprised cops in Chicago are calling this a hoax. Thought for sure they'd double down and say it was a real attack.

brushfire
02-19-2019, 09:09 AM
Surprised cops in Chicago are calling this a hoax. Thought for sure they'd double down and say it was a real attack.

Chicago police are saturated with bad press. I dont think they can sustain any more damage with a cover up - especially when they where an ancillary target in this scheme.

As mentioned in post 57 - this whole scheme is a common play for the left. I hope there's a deep investigation of it and all who took party in it are exposed and taken down.

H_H
02-19-2019, 10:02 AM
Fake Noose

Post of the Thread.

:aok:

H_H
02-19-2019, 11:05 AM
https://dailystormer.name/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/h2d-618x593.jpg

https://dailystormer.name/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/1550376084609-618x426.jpg

H_H
02-19-2019, 11:06 AM
https://dailystormer.name/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/1550377848824.jpg

Brian4Liberty
02-19-2019, 11:11 AM
And what Bill were both of these Presidential Candidates below trying to pass?

The Anti-Lynching Bill...

https://mobile.twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1090361495119187969

-----

https://mobile.twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/1090341255786184704

https://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59827

And who is the Smollett family buddies with?

Kamala Harris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8TzkGkz3Ow

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1097021206992166912

1. Let me do a quick thread about this Jussie Smollett hoax. Because we need to ask questions about who else was involved in this hoax. I have always been critical of the deceptive tactics of the white LGBT community.
Now as we know, Jussie has campaigned with Kamala Harris pic.twitter.com/Ji5IN2DrXA

2. Kamala Harris was one of the people who authored the Anti Lynching Bill. Remember, these people below are funded by certain groups with certain agendas that has nothing to do with helping ADOS. That’s why whenever we bring up a Black agenda, Kamala & Cory changes the subject pic.twitter.com/5qzx45R62K

3. That anti Lynching Bill Kamala introduced snuck in some LGBT language at the last minute. The white LGBT community has always tried to attached themselves to the plight of Black Americans to give the false impression that they have had a comparative historic struggle pic.twitter.com/6oYW52jx36

4. Even white people called out the deceptive tactic of attaching LGBT language onto a bill the addressed the historic attacks on Black citizens. People saw they were trying to use Black suffering to push unrelated agendas that would benefit white society
Tariq Nasheed ���� (@tariqnasheed) Feb 16,2019
-----

Some people in comments are saying Smollett holds the Minority Trifecta..... Black-Gay-Jewish.

The plot thickens. It would be something if they linked this directly to Kamala Harris. Doubtful the Chicago Police would want to take it there though. Even if one of the perps (Jussie being one of the 3 known perps) admitted meeting with Harris and discussing it, it would probably be discounted.

Good thing Kamala put this bill forward. It’s terrible that lynching is still legal.

dannno
02-19-2019, 11:24 AM
Well, that explains a lot.

If this is true, it could blackfire spectacularly.. remember the mentally disabled white kid who was harmed by several black people for his actual or perceived skin color?

The bill says that if two or more people are convicted of killing someone because of their "actual or perceived race, color, religion, or national origin," they can be sentenced to up to life in prison. If the lynching victim experiences "bodily harm," the perpetrators face no less than 10 years in prison.

No less than 10 years.

dannno
02-19-2019, 12:35 PM
If this is true, it could blackfire spectacularly.. remember the mentally disabled white kid who was harmed by several black people for his actual or perceived skin color?

No less than 10 years.

I looked it up, the ringleader got 8 years..

The others got 3, 4 and 7 years (might be one more, but you get the idea..)

Under the new law, they all get minimum 10 years, plus more for kidnapping and whatnot I imagine.. may be 10 years plus whatever they got.

Stratovarious
02-19-2019, 12:49 PM
https://dailystormer.name/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/1550377848824.jpg
lmao .

Where is your 'rep' button?

Superfluous Man
02-19-2019, 12:51 PM
I highly doubt that Kamala Harris was directly involved in any way, nor was anybody else who actually knew what they were doing. It may be that Jussie on his own came up with this and thought it would be a good way to help Harris. But this conspiracy was too stupid in too many ways to have gone through much of a vetting process.

enhanced_deficit
02-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Not sure yet of details surrounding above case but violence against gay people has got to stop.
It's also anti MAGA.

Trump administration launches global effort to end criminalization of homosexuality (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?531716-Trump-administration-launches-global-effort-to-end-criminalization-of-homosexuality&)

eleganz
02-19-2019, 06:45 PM
Seriously any straight thinking (non TDS suffering) human would think this was bullshit from the beginning.

Right when I heard two MAGA white supremacists called him ***, ngga, and something about EMPIRE, I knew it was BS. If they were really racist homophobes, they wouldn't be watching the show enough to know who the actors were and identify them at night on a Subway run in freezing temperatures. I watched empire a few times and I wouldn't even be able to recognize anybody but Terrance Howard in public.

phill4paul
02-19-2019, 07:00 PM
Seriously any straight thinking (non TDS suffering) human would think this was bullshit from the beginning.

Right when I heard two MAGA white supremacists called him ***, ngga, and something about EMPIRE, I knew it was BS. If they were really racist homophobes, they wouldn't be watching the show enough to know who the actors were and identify them at night on a Subway run in freezing temperatures. I watched empire a few times and I wouldn't even be able to recognize anybody but Terrance Howard in public.

It'll be interesting to see what he is hung for. I'm gonna guess the 'hate' letter with powdered aspirin he sent through the USPS that required a HAZMAT team to handle. I don't think the Feds will let that slide.

euphemia
02-19-2019, 07:06 PM
Eventually people are going to stop listening because it looks like there are more lies than truth.

Swordsmyth
02-19-2019, 07:50 PM
Empire actor Jussie Smollett pleaded no contest in 2007 to providing false information to law enforcement in connection with a DUI, according to NBC N (https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com//entertainment/entertainment-news/Jussie-Smollett-2007-DUI-arrest-506058301.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand)ews 10, which confirmed the incident with the Los Angeles City Attorney.
https://zh-prod-1cc738ca-7d3b-4a72-b792-20bd8d8fa069.storage.googleapis.com/s3fs-public/inline-images/smollett%20crying.jpg
Smollett was sentenced to two years probation and a choice of a fine or jail in the 2007 case.

While Empire network Fox has thus far publicly stood by Smollett, TMZ (https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/19/jussie-smollett-empire-role-slashed-alleged-attack/) reported on Tuesday that the star's screen time has been significantly reduced - with 9 scenes being cut to four, and Smollett "no longer the focus" of them.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-02-19/smollett-pleaded-no-contest-2007-providing-false-information-law-enforcement

Swordsmyth
02-19-2019, 08:16 PM
In an even more disturbing development, it seems Smollett may have tried to take advantage of what he saw as an opportunity to frame completely innocent people for the hoax.
The Empire actor had told police he’d be willing to sign off on criminal complaints against the two ‘suspects’ when they were in custody. Yet when Smollett found out that police arrested the Osundairo brothers in regards to the incident, he declined to pursue charges, as he had earlier indicated he’d be willing to.
This change of heart suggests that Smollett would have been willing to press charges against hypothetical individuals arrested by Chicago police in connection to the attack. With the incident appearing almost certainly to be a hoax, Smollett would’ve been enabling the criminal prosecution of individuals who were completely blameless (https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1097468270561628161).

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jussie-smollett-may-have-lied-to-fbi-tried-to-frame-innocents-for-hoax/

brushfire
02-19-2019, 08:24 PM
In an even more disturbing development, it seems Smollett may have tried to take advantage of what he saw as an opportunity to frame completely innocent people for the hoax.
The Empire actor had told police he’d be willing to sign off on criminal complaints against the two ‘suspects’ when they were in custody. Yet when Smollett found out that police arrested the Osundairo brothers in regards to the incident, he declined to pursue charges, as he had earlier indicated he’d be willing to.
This change of heart suggests that Smollett would have been willing to press charges against hypothetical individuals arrested by Chicago police in connection to the attack. With the incident appearing almost certainly to be a hoax, Smollett would’ve been enabling the criminal prosecution of individuals who were completely blameless (https://twitter.com/MichaelDavSmith/status/1097468270561628161).

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jussie-smollett-may-have-lied-to-fbi-tried-to-frame-innocents-for-hoax/

I guess when this was all "MAGA Country" there was no need to look up this public information. Funny how it all comes to the surface now, and ironic how the media was just as willing to play along with a story if it served their interests. In some respects, Smollett is the press, personified. Maybe someone should pour some bleach on both Smollett and the media, to clean their sh!t up. What horrible human beings.

juleswin
02-19-2019, 09:03 PM
I guess when this was all "MAGA Country" there was no need to look up this public information. Funny how it all comes to the surface now, and ironic how the media was just as willing to play along with a story if it served their interests. In some respects, Smollett is the press, personified. Maybe someone should pour some bleach on both Smollett and the media, to clean their sh!t up. What horrible human beings.

From the get go, most of the MSM reported this as an alleged crime, yes they did not come out to say it was a hoax or that it definitely happened. I have searched and I have yet to see any of the talkie program discuss the alleged crime like it happened. Actually, I could not find a segment of Don Lemon covering it or Rachel Maddow for that matter. The commentary talkie shows stayed away from it and the straight news reported what the police was saying.

How is that a bad thing? This is actually what they are supposed to be doing i.e. not jumping the gun until the investigation is complete but we want em to say it was a hoax in the middle of the investigation. Personally, I think most in the media did a fantastic job in this case, they took a neutral stance and kept the public up to date with the finding of the CPD.

brushfire
02-19-2019, 10:11 PM
From the get go, most of the MSM reported this as an alleged crime, yes they did not come out to say it was a hoax or that it definitely happened. I have searched and I have yet to see any of the talkie program discuss the alleged crime like it happened. Actually, I could not find a segment of Don Lemon covering it or Rachel Maddow for that matter. The commentary talkie shows stayed away from it and the straight news reported what the police was saying.

How is that a bad thing? This is actually what they are supposed to be doing i.e. not jumping the gun until the investigation is complete but we want em to say it was a hoax in the middle of the investigation. Personally, I think most in the media did a fantastic job in this case, they took a neutral stance and kept the public up to date with the finding of the CPD.

Obviously, not everyone knew it was a hoax on day 1. I think I, as well as many others, had some suspicions based on the some of the details, but nobody knew for sure.

This a local story to me, so perhaps I've been more critical/keeping a closer eye. If you are doing your searches now, you may be seeing corrected stories - you can still find the headlines that aren't labeled as "allegedly". Most every headline was stated as fact, after citing quotes by Jusse, other media sources, or the CPD (standard op) to properly cite the source (no need to check the facts if you can parrot someone else). The only allegedly I'd seen was relative to the incident being a "hate crime". Of course now you see the outlets are all corrected, or redirecting to current stories. From my point of view, I think you may be giving them more credit than they deserve.

Just like the Covington Catholic kids... It serves their interests, so they'll recklessly parrot the story, without any investigation. Nobody bothers to look up the "native american activist" - he is an enemy of the MAGA hat wearer, so he is their friend. Even after the whole thing was exposed, you had media that were still reporting on the false narrative - I guess their all being sued now.

Anyhow, maybe I'm too sensitive to these things, or perhaps you're not sensitive enough - we can disagree, its just how I've seen it. Regardless, I'm sure the media will appreciate your going to bat for them on RPF.