PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Walter Jones (NC) in hospice.....

phill4paul
01-26-2019, 04:37 PM
It appears we are soon to lose an anti-war crusader. His conversion from a pro-war candidate to a voice that tirelessly called for bringing troops home will be missed.

https://www.witn.com/content/news/FIRST-ON-WITN-Congressman-Walter-Jones-in-hospice-504916912.html?fbclid=IwAR0deGCv5k8JoHFLxJLdhg3L5i W13qIElpfpm7sZzv6abFZy99nvX1AC7J4

FARMVILLE, N.C. (WITN) - Congressman Walter Jones is in hospice, his wife Joe Anne Jones confirmed Saturday at their home in Farmville.

The family declined to give any other details about his condition.

Jones' health has declined after breaking his hip last week, the Congressman's Washington office said.

"The family asks for your prayers, and for their privacy to be respected during this difficult time," according to the release.

The Third District Representative has been battling an undisclosed illness since the fall. His leave of absence has kept him from casting votes in the U.S. House since September. He also recently broke his hip and underwent surgery Jan. 15, according to his office.

Jones is 75 years old and has served in Congress for 24 years.

Swordsmyth
01-26-2019, 04:40 PM
:cry:

I would be very interested in any hint of foul play.

Our people die too often and the scumbags all seem to live forever.

vita3
01-26-2019, 04:45 PM
Walter Jones is one of the best in the House of Reps. Noticed his energy level & health was declining over the years, wish him peace & health!

angelatc
01-27-2019, 10:40 AM
A real Republican.

Godspeed, Mr Jones.

donnay
01-27-2019, 11:23 AM
A friend of mine just bought him some good bone broth last week. Prayers for him and his family.

Warlord
01-27-2019, 12:02 PM
Sad news. Hoping he gets better. Please post any updates if you hear of anything.

asurfaholic
01-27-2019, 12:13 PM
:cry:

I would be very interested in any hint of foul play.

Ah come on. He broke his hip when he fell, and got sick.

Prayers to the Jones, and for this district which has been a lone bright spot for conservative leadership while the rest of the state battles a liberal takeover and strong neocon presence.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2019, 02:26 PM

I was just going to post that same thought, a Jones, a Shem Kellogg, a Will Grigg...these people get taken from us.

McCains and Kennedys and Ginsburgs go on forever, many times, thanks to very best of health care that is light years out of reach for the vast majority of us, with ailments that would be death sentences for any of us Mundanes.

phill4paul
01-27-2019, 03:24 PM
I was just going to post that same thought, a Jones, a Shem Kellogg, a Will Grigg...these people get taken from us.

McCains and Kennedys and Ginsburgs go on forever, many times, thanks to very best of health care that is light years out of reach for the vast majority of us, with ailments that would be death sentences for any of us Mundanes.

Well, Jones never mentioned that he was cut off from the supply of unborn fetuses that fuel the neo-cons. So I guess we won't ever know.

Of course, that was just a joke. Yes, people are taken from us. Always have been, always will. People grow old, Jones is 74, and they die. Complications can set in. I don't think there was anything nefarious leading to this unfortunate situation. It's not like Jones didn't have good healthcare.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2019, 04:10 PM
at 00:35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWBuHIw8YOQ

phill4paul
01-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Homer: What's keeping Joan Rivers alive?

https://gifer.com/en/HMyc

Ron Paul is 2 yrs. older.

Swordsmyth
01-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Ah come on. He broke his hip when he fell, and got sick.

Prayers to the Jones, and for this district which has been a lone bright spot for conservative leadership while the rest of the state battles a liberal takeover and strong neocon presence.
I didn't say it was foul play, I said I would be interested in any hint of foul play.

euphemia
01-27-2019, 05:10 PM
Homer: What's keeping Joan Rivers alive?

She died in 2014.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2019, 07:46 PM
She died in 2014.

Is my pic not showing up?

It's a gag, a joke.

angelatc
01-27-2019, 08:35 PM
Is my pic not showing up?

It's a gag, a joke.

No I don't think it's formatted correctly. It's an mp4 and I don't think the forums support that. https://i.gifer.com/HMyc.mp4 is the link if anybody wants to click

Anti Globalist
01-27-2019, 09:02 PM
Stay strong Jones.

asurfaholic
01-28-2019, 05:48 AM
I didn't say it was foul play, I said I would be interested in any hint of foul play.

I didn’t say you said that. There is just no reason to even suspect it, so why suggest it?

devil21
01-28-2019, 08:04 AM
That sucks, hope he recovers.

Now we have two districts in NC without active Congressional Reps.

Warlord
01-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Here's an interview with Walter on the Alex Jones show from 2015. Congressman Jones was fighting to have the 28 pages from 9/11 released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEzkR0mhCF8

shakey1
01-28-2019, 02:04 PM
Don't go yet Walt... you're not done here.

Swordsmyth
01-28-2019, 02:48 PM
I didn’t say you said that. There is just no reason to even suspect it, so why suggest it?
In politics these days there is always reason to suspect it, especially when it is one of the few good people who dies.