PDA

View Full Version : Refund

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 12:54 PM
A lot of us are investing more money than we could ever affoard into this campaign, and now I'm seeing that there is a good chance the blimp won't fly. My question is, if it doesn't fly, how do we get a refund so we can put that money somewhere else in the campign. You know if it doesn't fly, we all look like fools and all the media will jump all over that. Add to that, credit card companies calling me for money I don't have from donating to all these chip ins and other fundraisers, other than the actual campaign, which I have maxed out.

I almost am starting to question what is really happening with a lot of the money I am donating other than directly to the campaign. We raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for a blimp that we just have one or two photos of in a warehouse.

If it doesn't fly, I want my $500 back so I can apply that to something that actually goes through!

kylejack
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
1. The blimp's flying on Friday.
2. You were advised when you donated that there were NO REFUNDS.

ConstitutionGal
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I think you need to do a little reseach. The blimp IS scheduled to fly and they'll be posting a schedule soon. It's just not going to make it to Boston for the Tea Party due to WEATHER issues. Remember, blimps are big, unweildy things and prefer calm weather.

mckirkus
12-13-2007, 12:56 PM
First of all, it's not anybody's fault if you donated more than you can afford. That was probably a mistake.

Second, why on earth would you assume that this thing would get set up in a hangar, branded, and then not fly? Why not wait to see if it flies?

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I think you need to do a little reseach. The blimp IS scheduled to fly and they'll be posting a schedule soon. It's just not going to make it to Boston for the Tea Party due to WEATHER issues. Remember, blimps are big, unweildy things and prefer calm weather.

The last word I've heard is there is a ninty percent chance it won't fly. I have been looking into all the chip ins I've donated to and I can only find one where an ad was actually published. I have hundreds upon hundreds of dollars donated to people or fundraisers outside the campaign, that I don't know if it were real or not. This is getting frustrating.

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
First of all, it's not anybody's fault if you donated more than you can afford. That was probably a mistake.

Second, why on earth would you assume that this thing would get set up in a hangar, branded, and then not fly? Why not wait to see if it flies?

Hey, I'm hearing over and over if Dr. Paul's elected, he will eliminate the IRS and income tax, I call it an investment.

Gimpster
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
With all due respect, you should've only donated what you can AFFORD. Donating on plastic is sillyness.

The IRS and Dr. Paul's message has nothing to do with personal decisions.

Add to that, credit card companies calling me for money I don't have from donating to all these chip ins and other fundraisers, other than the actual campaign, which I have maxed out.

kylejack
12-13-2007, 12:59 PM
The last word I've heard is there is a ninty percent chance it won't fly.
...to Boston on the 16th.

Its flying on Friday, to South Carolina.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 01:00 PM
If the blimp does not make it to Boston for the Tea Party I hope people ask for refunds.

MindStalker
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
"The last word I've heard is there is a ninty percent chance it won't fly"

No, there is a 90% chance is won't fly to Boston due to weather. There is a 90%+ chance it will fly somewhere most likely South Carolina at this point.

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:01 PM
If the blimp does not make it to Boston for the Tea Party I hope people ask for refunds.

I may put a freeze on that credit card charge. That is the only thing I can think of doing now.

kylejack
12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Good luck with that, because there is a no refund policy that was loudly proclaimed when they were donating.

kylejack
12-13-2007, 01:02 PM
I may put a freeze on that credit card charge. That is the only thing I can think of doing now.
Pretty scummy.

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Pretty scummy.

Go look at any chip ins youve donated to and what happened with those and ask where the scummy is.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Good luck with that, because there is a no refund policy that was loudly proclaimed when they were donating.

If enough people get lawyers involved I'm pretty sure there will be refunds.

Tarzan
12-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Go look at any chip ins youve donated to and what happened with those and ask where the scummy is.

Daron... hang in there... we launch tomorrow. Your money has been well spent and you will be proud when we take to the air tomorrow.

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/signatureblimp.png (http://RonPaulBlimp.com/)

ConstitutionGal
The last word I've heard is there is a ninty percent chance it won't fly. I have been looking into all the chip ins I've donated to and I can only find one where an ad was actually published. I have hundreds upon hundreds of dollars donated to people or fundraisers outside the campaign, that I don't know if it were real or not. This is getting frustrating.

I can understand your frustration but you don't have to worry about the blimp:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52784

kylejack
Pretty scummy.

DaronWestbrooke
Daron... hang in there... we launch tomorrow. Your money has been well spent and you will be proud when we take to the air tomorrow.

http://ronpaulideas.com/images/signatureblimp.png (http://RonPaulBlimp.com/)

Want to put a guarnatee on that?

annyab
12-13-2007, 01:06 PM
i saw the blimp yesterday having the banner installed - it's going to fly. And when it does it will be a glorious sight :D

UtahApocalypse
12-13-2007, 01:07 PM

+1 This "company" has lost all credibility and trust

Yep Lawyers and the "Bait and Switch" clause. I recall the website stating that if the money was donated by last Friday they would launch Monday. This never happened. They have offered one thing and might deliver another. I personally would already be asking a refund had I donated.

Beerhall Agitator
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM

The blimp crew has done everything they can, what is your gripe? It'd be in Boston if the weather wasn't bad, but because of crappy weather it can't period. It's still going to fly, and it will make its way around the country and bring a lot of publicity to Paul and make your donation worth while. Complaining about the weather isn't going to solve anything

peznex
12-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Someone is having a bad day.

Cheer up! I made you a cake:

http://atkinsfarms.com/store/media/cake-8inch.jpg

Tarzan
12-13-2007, 01:09 PM

Sure... I guarantee you will be proud of your involvement when it flys.

texasliberty
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM

Yep Lawyers and the "Bait and Switch" clause. I recall the website stating that if the money was donated by last Friday they would launch Monday. This never happened. They have offered one thing and might deliver another. I personally would already be asking a refund had I donated.

But if they give you your $10 back, where will you complainers get the credibility to keep running your mouthes as "blimp investors"?

Go away, ridiculous trolls. We've got a blimp to fly here.

WV Freedom Fighter
12-13-2007, 01:15 PM

:rolleyes:

Here we go again....

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:15 PM
But if they give you your $10 back, where will you complainers get the credibility to keep running your mouthes as "blimp investors"?

Go away, ridiculous trolls. We've got a blimp to fly here.

Isn't it funny that brand spanking new members are jumping in calling people trolls if they dare question the legitmacy of where their money is going? I wonder who all is raising money for their own pockets off this and chip ins?

ronpaul.in
12-13-2007, 01:16 PM

Grow up.

The blimp will not be in boston on the 16th BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER

What makes you think this company (who mind you is doing AMAZING THINGS for Ron Paul in such a small time frame) can control the weather?

kylejack
12-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Grow up.

The blimp will not be in boston on the 16th BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER

Maybe they could sue God.

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Attention everyone: This user is most likely an infiltrator from an opposing campaign. Please check out his post history.

I suspect the OP is also an infiltrator. It may even be Menthol Patch using another username. These users should be ignored.

The blimp will be awesome WHENEVER it flies.

Yea, right, this coming from a brand new member. I guess someone who has started several meetup groups is a 'infiltrator'. Maybe I should ask how much money you are raising off the rEVOLution for your own pockets?

vendetta
12-13-2007, 01:20 PM

[Admin - removed personal attack ]

UtahApocalypse
12-13-2007, 01:21 PM
I am not complaining at all about the blimp not being in Boston. That IS due to the weather. The fact the blimp STILL is not flying and its 4 days past what was PROMISED is the problem I have. The company flat out LIED last week about being able to launch Monday. They knew then they did not have the banners yet, they knew how long things would take. They just wanted there damn money and lied to the customers.

Menthol Patch

I would NOT say the company has lost all credibility and trust.

I think they are doing a GREAT job.

However, two things MUST happen if this project is to continue.

1) The blimp MUST be in Boston for the Tea Party.

2) The letter "n" must be fixed.

If these two things cannot happen the project needs to be canceled.

Menthol Patch
I am not complaining at all about the blimp not being in Boston. That IS due to the weather. The fact the blimp STILL is not flying and its 4 days past what was PROMISED is the problem I have. The company flat out LIED last week about being able to launch Monday. They knew then they did not have the banners yet, they knew how long things would take. They just wanted there damn money and lied to the customers.

They are working as fast as they can. Give them a break! I have no problem with any delay as long as the blimp is in Boston for the Tea Party!

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:22 PM

Thanks, you've said it better than I did. I am frustrated with the collections calls for things I don't see happening.

slantedview
I would NOT say the company has lost all credibility and trust.

I think they are doing a GREAT job.

However, two things MUST happen if this project is to continue.

1) The blimp MUST be in Boston for the Tea Party.

2) The letter "n" must be fixed.

If these two things cannot happen the project needs to be canceled.
i have a better idea, how about you go away.

LukeNM

You again! Are you sure you are in the right forums... We really do not need this.

IGNORE ON!

P.S. I just banned your account so do not try and post again!

kylejack
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Its not going to get canceled. Tea Party appearance seems unlikely due to the storm. The blimp will head south for now, and return to NH/Mass area when the weather clears.

paulie
12-13-2007, 01:23 PM
My ignore list is growing exponentially! Every person that gets added to the ignore list will be another $20 on the 16th. So rudy, romney, nwo and whomever else is hiring spammers please send more. I may not be a rich man, but I am totally willing to donate in the spammers honor!

vendetta
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Well with your level of intelligence, I am not surprised this is the only thing you can think of...trool.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 01:25 PM
You again! Are you sure you are in the right forums... We really do not need this.

IGNORE ON!

You cannot ban my account and I will continue posting.

I am giving my opinion. You cannot stop me from doing that.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Its not going to get canceled. Tea Party appearance seems unlikely due to the storm. The blimp will head south for now, and return to NH/Mass area when the weather clears.

Will we have another ten million dollars in a day fundraising drive and another Boston Tea Party when it makes it back up to NH/Mass?

If not, this project needs to be canceled.

UtahApocalypse
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM

IGNORE ON!

Menthol Patch may be a bit out there. But Banning accounts for having a dissenting opinion?? I thought that was what this whole campaign was against? Some people are frustrated, and they have good reason. And if the mods are going to Ban people for having a honest but different view then the majority here, please delete my account as well. I am part of the FREEDOM movement, not the silencing the dissenters.

Ethek
12-13-2007, 01:27 PM
shrill

ronpaul.in
12-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Please read the following slowly.

In a month a group of strangers pulled together and established a legal company to take in nearly half a million dollars to rent a BLIMP for a candidate they all support. This has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE. This is a process that fortune 500 companies spend months planning, and you are complaining about FOUR DAYS?

This is a VERY NEW PROCESS for this people and as they have NEVER DONE ANYTHING LIKE THIS BEFORE you cannot expect them to know EVERY DETAIL. They have given more than adequate explanations for the delay and I am thankful they are as STRONG as they are because if they were weak minded like several of the posters in this thread, this would have been a pipe dream.

DaronWestbrooke
Well with your level of intelligence, I am not surprised this is the only thing you can think of...trool.

Newbie, your response is as dumb as it is ironic how poor your grammer and spelling are. What is wrong with questioning all of these third party donations we are giving. How do we know we aren't giving to just line people's pockets and not further the rEVOLution?

We should be free to question. The rEVOLution is all about freedom and stopping oppression from the military-industrial complex. Instead, I fear we are becoming cash cows for non-affiliated fund raisers.

Menthol Patch
Hey, I support Ron Paul so you are giving me motivation to continue doing what I'm doing. Please keep on donating more and more to Ron Paul!

kylejack
Will we have another ten million dollars in a day fundraising drive and another Boston Tea Party when it makes it back up to NH/Mass?

If not, this project needs to be canceled.
The die is cast. We've crossed the rubicon. There will be no turning back now.

michael.byrne
12-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Should we abolish this useless sub forum, please ?

ronpaul.in
12-13-2007, 01:31 PM
You cannot ban my account and I will continue posting.

I am giving my opinion. You cannot stop me from doing that.

Maybe you should give the rules another read:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Hopefully the admin will see your previous posts and blatant disregard for the rules reason enough to IP Ban you.

Lacrosseus
12-13-2007, 01:31 PM

JFC!... there is not a damn thing they can do about the weather.

Yeah, they screwed up on some things... but the weather is not one of them.

Boston will be Ron Paul's on the 16th -- adding a blimp is not going to make that much difference...

If they fly it over some other city, or other some other politican's rally they get TWICE the coverage on the 16th -- the rally in Boston and the blimp somewhere else.

Joe3113
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Yea, right, this coming from a brand new member.

1. I've been following the campaign and donating what I can to the chip-ins (I'm Australian so I cannot donate to the official campaign) since June. I just never joined the forums.

2. Professional infiltrators would most likely make alot of posts so they seem legitimate.

I guess someone who has started several meetup groups is a 'infiltrator'.

1. I have not read your posts so I'm not sure about you.

2. You could be lying about the meetup groups

3. Professional infiltrators could just as easily start meetup groups

Maybe I should ask how much money you are raising off the rEVOLution for your own pockets?

My name is Anthony, I live in suburb of Brunswick (Part of Greater Melbourne) in the state of Victoria in Australia. I do veterinary science at The University of Melbourne. I'm trying to do everything I can to get RP the presidency because I believe it is important for world peace. I have nothing to hide. Do you?

ronpaul.in
12-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Menthol Patch may be a bit out there. But Banning accounts for having a dissenting opinion?? I thought that was what this whole campaign was against? Some people are frustrated, and they have good reason. And if the mods are going to Ban people for having a honest but different view then the majority here, please delete my account as well. I am part of the FREEDOM movement, not the silencing the dissenters.

The forum guidelines are as follows:

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

+ No promotion of illegal activities.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

+ Floods of low-value material may be subject to being moved into an alternate sub-forum or deleted. More tolerance will be allowed for established members. Reason: Excessive low value posts dilute users time spent on the forum just reading topic threads.

+ No posting of others personal contact information.

+ No posting of any proclaimed campaign announcement that is not supported with a link to the campaigns homepage or other directly verifiable source.

+ Promoting agendas alternate to the platform of Dr. Paul will have allowances for established members. Controversial topics should focus on facts whenever possible.

+ Use relevant and descriptive topic titles. Poorly titled messages may be renamed. Reason: Respect time of other users.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

+ Ad hominem attacks on other candidates and their support groups are discouraged. This is not a moderatable offense for established users but will have low tolerances for non-established users. All are encouraged to address other candidates with their proper name. Reason: This activity is discouraged as it can be used to generate a negative image for our support community.

+ Care should be used when soliciting money for some effort to support the campaign as it is totally possible that a scam artist will be looking to take advantage of the good nature of Ron Paul supporters. If you're going to do anything that will solicit taking money you'd be wise to make sure you have some established credibility within the community that matches what you expect. If you don't have that, try to set up some arrangements with a third party that does that so people send money to the trusted third party who make sure it goes where intended.

+ Read the welcoming message for each sub-forum to understand specific guidelines needed to achieve the objective of that sub-forum.

Joe3113
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Maybe you should give the rules another read:

Hopefully the admin will see your previous posts and blatant disregard for the rules reason enough to IP Ban you.

+1

UtahApocalypse
12-13-2007, 01:38 PM

The forum guidelines are as follows:

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

+ No promotion of illegal activities.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

+ Floods of low-value material may be subject to being moved into an alternate sub-forum or deleted. More tolerance will be allowed for established members. Reason: Excessive low value posts dilute users time spent on the forum just reading topic threads.

+ No posting of others personal contact information.

+ No posting of any proclaimed campaign announcement that is not supported with a link to the campaigns homepage or other directly verifiable source.

+ Promoting agendas alternate to the platform of Dr. Paul will have allowances for established members. Controversial topics should focus on facts whenever possible.

+ Use relevant and descriptive topic titles. Poorly titled messages may be renamed. Reason: Respect time of other users.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

+ Ad hominem attacks on other candidates and their support groups are discouraged. This is not a moderatable offense for established users but will have low tolerances for non-established users. All are encouraged to address other candidates with their proper name. Reason: This activity is discouraged as it can be used to generate a negative image for our support community.

+ Care should be used when soliciting money for some effort to support the campaign as it is totally possible that a scam artist will be looking to take advantage of the good nature of Ron Paul supporters. If you're going to do anything that will solicit taking money you'd be wise to make sure you have some established credibility within the community that matches what you expect. If you don't have that, try to set up some arrangements with a third party that does that so people send money to the trusted third party who make sure it goes where intended.

+ Read the welcoming message for each sub-forum to understand specific guidelines needed to achieve the objective of that sub-forum.

In that case you shold be banning EVERYONE that is calling Menthol Patch, and Darren names and bad mouthing them as trolls or infiltrators. You want to play by those exact rules then use them. But I am about to go through and report each person that has posted such remarks.

Lacrosseus
12-13-2007, 01:40 PM
How do we know we aren't giving to just line people's pockets and not further the rEVOLution?

We should be free to question. The rEVOLution is all about freedom and stopping oppression from the military-industrial complex. Instead, I fear we are becoming cash cows for non-affiliated fund raisers.

Do your f....g research B4 you donate. That is how you know if the cause is worth your money.

Concerns about the Blimp project were FULLY vetted on this forum before anyone could buy advertising time.

It was up to each of us individually to decide if donating was right thing to do. I decided it was... I did, and I have no ethical, moral or legal right to ask for that money back. Neither do you, and don't complain when people fire back at you for even suggesting it.

And to the blimp team... once again, poor planning and communication has set you up for attacks. It is too late to address issues after people start to question you.

hueylong
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
The RP blimp is unprecedented. Sure, they've made a few mistakes -- but so what?

They've been acting in good faith, and they're in the process of doing what they've promised to do.

We'll get plenty of pub on the 16th, and having the blimp in SC will make it all the more sweet.

Chill, people. The Revolution is On.

Huey

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Do your f....g research B4 you donate. That is how you know if the cause is worth your money.

Concerns about the Blimp project were FULLY vetted on this forum before anyone could buy advertising time.

It was up to each of us individually to decide if donating was right thing to do. I decided it was... I did, and I have no ethical, moral or legal right to ask for that money back. Neither do you, and don't complain when people fire back at you for even suggesting it.

And to the blimp team... once again, poor planning and communication has set you up for attacks. It is too late to address issues after people start to question you.

This is really not just the blimp, but a bigger concern about third party fundraisers in general. How do we know they are legit versus someone making a personal profit. I've gone back and checked and only one chip in has actually resulted in an actual result. What is happening with the rest of the money? This should be a concern to all of us real supporters of the rEVOLution. Are we being used by people or groups vulturing off the campaign?

The question needs to be asked. I really question those who want to block the question from being asked.

voytechs
12-13-2007, 01:46 PM

I completely understand. Although the blimp will probably fly, but may be south instead of north. That was a gamble and I knew it before I donated. I do trust Trevor and I'm pretty sure that even in the worst case scenario if it didn't fly, I'm pretty sure they would come up with something else on the spot to use the money towards. But hey, we only have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

jenninlouisiana
12-13-2007, 01:50 PM
I did a chip in for an ad. I haven't run the ad yet. The chipin ends on 12/31.

In the meantime, I found out there will be delegate fees: 100.00 for a delegate and 50.00 for an alternate. The delegates I have been collecting need help with their fees.

Thank goodness I haven't done the ad yet. The delegates need money.

So I understand your frustration that you have given money to projects and you see no results. On the other hand, in MY case, this money will definitely get spent on Ron Paul... and I feel the delegates are more important than an Ad.

Why don't you e-mail those people and ask what have they done with the money?

Ozwest
12-13-2007, 01:51 PM
DaronWestbrooke,

It is unwise to make broad accusations willy nilly without evidence to support your claims.

Unless you are specific, any concerns raised by yourself should be considered bogus.

Edward
12-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Caveat emptor!

DaronWestbrooke
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
DaronWestbrooke,

It is unwise to make broad accusations willy nilly without evidence to support your claims.

How do we get evidence if we don't discuss. These aren't accusations, these are concerns. How do we know who or what third party fundraisers go to if they aren't officially part of the campaign? You have someone selling something on eBay, claiming the money raised goes to the campaign, how do you know it really does? Look at all the fundraisers we are advertising, how many are official campaign fundraisers with direct donations? The question has to be asked.

Sey.Naci
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
idiot!!
There's always this approach:

This message is hidden because Menthol Patch is on your ignore list.
Menthol Patch must be at the top of the list. A whole lot of people seem to have placed him on their Ignore List.

Joe3113
12-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Announcing the newest proud members of my ignore list...

Welcome, DaronWestbrooke and UtahApocalypse!

(Joining BeFranklin and Menthol Patch) as charter members.

Just think, if all the rational posters did this, the only recourse thes yoyos would have would be to troll each other. Maybe we could give them their own sub-forum.

Tarzan et al., I give you credit for trying to reason with these people but I predict that you'll soon find that it is a pointless exercise.

The beautiful thing about the freedom of association is that it implies a freedom to disassociate yourself from those you find objectionable. I'm finding this to be a very liberating concept and I believe it is a practical one as well. Once the trolls realize that they cannot compel anyone to be in their audience, they lose all influence and power.

+1

allyinoh
12-13-2007, 02:16 PM

I work for a credit card company and specialize in disputes as far as it goes with VISA and/or Mastercard ifyou truly want to dispute the charge, dispute it.

I would wait it out and see what happens first.

Smiley Gladhands
12-13-2007, 04:49 PM
How do we get evidence if we don't discuss. These aren't accusations, these are concerns. How do we know who or what third party fundraisers go to if they aren't officially part of the campaign? You have someone selling something on eBay, claiming the money raised goes to the campaign, how do you know it really does? Look at all the fundraisers we are advertising, how many are official campaign fundraisers with direct donations? The question has to be asked.

Depends on the fundraiser. If it's for an ad, you can look and see if the ad ran. If it's a blimp, you can look on this forum for pictures. If it's an ebay item where the person claims he's going to donate the proceeds....buyer beware (or only buy it if you want the item). Diversify, so you don't get burned on any one project.

But just because you don't see any evidence that your other chipins led to the intended results, don't start an overly-emotional blimp thread. The blimp isn't to blame. Investigate those chipins further, and maybe you'll feel better about them. Otherwise, bring fraudulent chipin-starters to our attention (after proper research, and documentation of evidence), so that we don't fall into the same trap(s), and so that fakers are outed.

Personally, I generally only chipin to the full-page ads, after they've been set up by long-time/prolific board members. But if you want to walk on the wild side and chipin to some project created by a noob with unverifiable results......well....buyer beware. But it's certainly not the blimp's fault.

Chicago Joe
12-13-2007, 08:54 PM
People are insane....

There is a Blimp company that gave us an INCREDIBLE ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME-MONTH-BY-MONTH rental. A Banner company that has hauled ass to get some blimp banners made last-minute. A team of hardcore ron paul supports who decided to go into uncharted waters and get around campagin finance law to set up a big project, AND SOME OF YOU PEOPLE THINK THIS IS BAIT-N-SWITCH??????.

This is getting ridiculous. Woe to those who claim they are supporters and then threaten civil suits & lawyers...

Keep on going Blimp Team, this will be a beautiful sight once it's airborne.

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Why don't some people read before they purchase or least after. Here is what the bliimp site says under terms:

You will be entitled to a refund, minus any expenses, incurred if your message does not appear on the Skyship 600 for the specified amount of time that you purchased. However, if the advertising you purchase is oversold, we may substitute other advertising of equivalent value that expresses a similar message. For example, if all the advertising time is sold out on the blimp on a given day, we might add planes, balloons, parachuters, or other similar enhancements to the blimp rally. If the Skyship 600 flies with the advertising messages displayed, your purchase is not refundable.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 09:43 PM
I do not think this is a bait and switch, but I hope everyone will ask for refunds if the blimp does not make it to Boston.

mmarcman22
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Quit your complaining and get your story right! If you can't verify the information, stop posting garbage

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 09:46 PM
Why don't some people read before they purchase or least after. Here is what the bliimp site says under terms:

The blimp team does not have the money to fight lawsuits from people asking for their money back. I think that anyone who has a lawyer sign their request for a refund will get their money back.

bbachtung
12-13-2007, 09:49 PM

How do I set it up to ignore a user?

patrick123
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
The blimp team does not have the money to fight lawsuits from people asking for their money back. I think that anyone who has a lawyer sign their request for a refund will get their money back.

Using the same logic, there won't be any money to sue for by the time your case is heard. That, and I doubt anyone would travel to NC to sue for such a small sum of money. Its also illegal to use a legal threat to intimidate if you don't have any actual plans to sue.

If I were them, I'd call your bluff if you sent a letter like that.

PatriotOne
12-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I have been looking into all the chip ins I've donated to and I can only find one where an ad was actually published. I have hundreds upon hundreds of dollars donated to people or fundraisers outside the campaign, that I don't know if it were real or not. This is getting frustrating.

Daron,

Can you please list all the chip-ins that you can't validate were used as promised. This certainly needs to be investigated if what you say is true. I do worry about fraud so since you have looked into it maybe you can enlighten us with what you have found and we can make this a subject all on its own).

evadmurd
12-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I heard if Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination (relax...), he'll give us all our money back. Whew.

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Daron,

Can you please list all the chip-ins that you can't validate were used as promised. This certainly needs to be investigated if what you say is true. I do worry about fraud so since you have looked into it maybe you can enlighten us with what you have found and we can make this a subject all on its own).I agree but think many people who chipped in and didn't get what they were promised would of let us know by now. All ever saw was the ads produced, the planes flying on youtube, the grannies bus getting fixed and moving with gas chip ins. Please do tell us what ones that you did not see. Maybe they just didn't go as you wanted them to.

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 09:59 PM
How do I set it up to ignore a user?

First copy down the persons screen name or highlight - right click - copy

Click the "User CP" in the upper left.

Click "Edit Profile"

Click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists" at the bottom of the left list.

Then there will be two areas...the bottom one is for the ignore list.

...i think you can handle it from there. :D

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
More people who cannot tolerate someone with a different opinion ignoring me! This is wonderful! Then I can keep on posting and they will never be able to be rude to me or attack me, because they can't even see what I'm writing about!

Man from La Mancha
12-13-2007, 10:16 PM
First copy down the persons screen name or highlight - right click - copy

Click the "User CP" in the upper left.

Click "Edit Profile"

Click on "Buddy / Ignore Lists" at the bottom of the left list.

Then there will be two areas...the bottom one is for the ignore list.

...i think you can handle it from there. :D
The trouble with this ignored ones are still seen in the quotes, I wish they were deleted there too.

jjockers
12-13-2007, 10:20 PM
Menthol,

I appreciate your opinion, but it is painfully clear that you are not in the majority here. While your opinion is certainly worth merit, there is no benefit to its continued posting. Does your campaign (to cancel the blimp if it cannot reach boston by the 16th) help Ron Paul's campaign? I feel like you are doing a disservice to yourself, as your sincere past and future efforts are only beneficial if you maintain your integrity 'in the eyes' of those listening. I am not saying you've lost your integrity - I am saying many people here simply won't 'hear' you as they have put you on their ignore list. Others think you are trolling, when in fact you are simply parading your opinion, as adamantly as you have done so in the past.

I ask you, please, focus your sincere efforts on something that will directly benefit the Ron Paul campaign (as you have in the past), and do not splinter/anger the community (or your presence here) that is so essential to the future of our country.

amistybleu
12-13-2007, 10:32 PM

Sorry Menthol Patch, I have tried to reason with you but it seems you are a naturally disruptive, have no sense of community, and in my estimation you are splintering the community instead of bringing it together. It is human nature to try and fix things though words of peace and understanding but you will not open your ears to reason.

I have wasted to much time on this and I am adding you to my ignore list so I can move on to productive things.

the_oco
12-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Menthol,

I appreciate your opinion, but it is painfully clear that you are not in the majority here. While your opinion is certainly worth merit, there is no benefit to its continued posting. Does your campaign (to cancel the blimp if it cannot reach boston by the 16th) help Ron Paul's campaign? I feel like you are doing a disservice to yourself, as your sincere past and future efforts are only beneficial if you maintain your integrity 'in the eyes' of those listening. I am not saying you've lost your integrity - I am saying many people here simply won't 'hear' you as they have put you on their ignore list. Others think you are trolling, when in fact you are simply parading your opinion, as adamantly as you have done so in the past.

I ask you, please, focus your sincere efforts on something that will directly benefit the Ron Paul campaign (as you have in the past), and do not splinter/anger the community (or your presence here) that is so essential to the future of our country.

Well said!

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 11:22 PM
Menthol,

The fact of the matter is I don't care what anyone thinks about me. I stopped caring about that a long time ago.

I'm the kind of person (as a conservative Christian) willing to ask my fellow church goers who would Jesus bomb.

Menthol Patch
12-13-2007, 11:24 PM
Sorry Menthol Patch, I have tried to reason with you but it seems you are a naturally disruptive, have no sense of community, and in my estimation you are splintering the community instead of bringing it together. It is human nature to try and fix things though words of peace and understanding but you will not open your ears to reason.

I have wasted to much time on this and I am adding you to my ignore list so I can move on to productive things.

Thank you! I hope that I'm splintering the blimp community because it is a waste of money for the blimp project to continue if it does not make it to Boston. I hope I will be heard by others who will ask for a refund.

xexkxex
12-13-2007, 11:55 PM
The trouble with this ignored ones are still seen in the quotes, I wish they were deleted there too.

Tell me about it...LOL...:p

driller80545
12-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Please point out to me where in the blimp negotiations for donations that it states that if not in Boston on the 16th, you may request a refund?

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 12:48 AM
Anyone can request a refund. They may not get it, but anyone can request one.