PDA

View Full Version : Coulter: We are headed for another failed Republican presidency

kahless
01-24-2019, 02:06 AM
COULTER: Break Ground, Not Promises
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/23/coulter-break-ground-not-promises/

Sometimes Trump would concede he hadn’t built any part of the wall. Sometimes he would fib and claim it was being built. There’s no way to sugarcoat it: That was a lie.

Drug dealers, drunk drivers, criminals, welfare dependents and low-wage workers driving down American wages continued to flow across our border.

We are headed for another failed Republican presidency.

Trump seems to be mystified about what he needs to do to maintain the support of his most devoted backers. He’s saying the right things, isn’t he? He’s holding press conferences, giving Oval Office addresses and tweeting that he wants a wall.

Here’s what you haven’t done, Mr. President: You haven’t broken ground. You want your supporters back? BREAK GROUND TODAY.
Words don’t stop caravans. No one rushes to a caravan saying — WAIT! STOP! TRUMP IS ABOUT TO TWEET!
The Senate’s latest omnibus spending bill provides “not less than $15,000,000” for border security — in Pakistan.

"People who don’t like you will continue not to like you. " This quote here is the main problem. Trump's continuing quest to be loved by his opposition that are effectively spitting on him, his family and his base.

UWDude
01-24-2019, 02:11 AM
Anne Coulter's opinion gets a thread all to itself?

LoL

nikcers
01-24-2019, 02:13 AM
Trump sold the idea of the wall to many. If it wasn't for Trump it wouldn't even be a thing. Coulter is barking up the wrong tree. Marco Rubio would of never made the wall mainstream

kahless
01-24-2019, 02:19 AM

LoL

I supported him and his message but actions speak louder that words. If you actually read the article you would see that is the point of posting it in it's own thread.

When his 4 years are up and he has done nothing but concede more policy to the Dems than Obama will you still defend him?

UWDude
01-24-2019, 02:23 AM
When his 4 years are up and he has done nothing but concede more policy to the Dems than Obama will you still defend him?

When what happens again? What hypothetical situation are you ready to judge my future reactions to said hypothetical?
When the aliens invade, will you welcome them with open arms, or steal their phasers and buzzapzer them?

kahless
01-24-2019, 02:28 AM
When what happens again? What hypothetical situation are you ready to judge my future reactions to said hypothetical?
When the aliens invade, will you welcome them with open arms, or steal their phasers and buzzapzer them?

I give you that I should have said "if", but I am obviously not optimistic considering.

UWDude
01-24-2019, 02:31 AM
I give you that I should have said "if", but I am obviously not optimistic considering.

oh yeah, if would make it so much better:

Please, I asked you a question:

*IF* the aliens invade, will you welcome them with open arms, or steal their phasers and buzzapzer them?

kahless
01-24-2019, 02:34 AM
oh yeah, if would make it so much better:

Please, I asked you a question:

*IF* the aliens invade, will you welcome them with open arms, or steal their phasers and buzzapzer them?

I would expect Trump to use his executive emergency powers to defend earth from the invasion with a virtual space wall rather than cuck out to Pelosi that would welcome them with open arms.

DamianTV
01-24-2019, 02:53 AM
This is a lot like watching a Civil War in the White House. And for the record, FUCK Ann Coulter.

She is kind of like the retard that said "Ron Paul is Unelectable". Who the fuck was it that said that, and what qualifies them to make such a statement? Sure, free speech, but Ron Paul sure as shit was electable. Im not gonna go after the person that actually thought he wasnt electable, Im going after the assholes that repeated that statement everywhere. Trump went a step further an not only was electable in the eyes of many, he DID get elected. Trump got elected because the people voted for him, and the assholes in office like Pelosi do NOT reflect the will of the American People. Capital P in People just like We the People. Proper pronoun.

spudea
01-24-2019, 07:22 AM
Ann is a loon. If she thinks she has any influence on Trump's base she is totally full of herself. New physical barriers are being built, call it a wall or a fence, most of the new prototypes built to fit the requests from DHS and border patrol were a similar fence design. Trump is doing everything in his executive branch power to secure the border.

nobody's_hero
01-24-2019, 07:28 AM
It's amazing how none of her frustration is reserved for the RINOs in Congress who were dragging their feet during the two years they could have actually accomplished some goals. Of course, they weren't their goals. Maybe that's why they couldn't be bothered.

If Ann has so much influence perhaps she should train her anger on ousting the RINOs who have been wasting space in the House and Senate, term after term.

EBounding
01-24-2019, 07:30 AM
"Drug dealers, drunk drivers, criminals, welfare dependents and low-wage workers driving down American wages continued to flow across our border."

lol drunk drivers?

phill4paul
01-24-2019, 07:31 AM
Coulter will become irrelevant if Trump succeeds. She cannot remain relevant unless he fails and the left takes the reigns. Only then will her voice have traction in opposition. She has a vested monetary interest in working against him.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 08:28 AM
This is a lot like watching a Civil War in the White House. And for the record, $#@! Ann Coulter.

She is kind of like the retard that said "Ron Paul is Unelectable". Who the $#@! was it that said that, and what qualifies them to make such a statement? Sure, free speech, but Ron Paul sure as $#@! was electable. Im not gonna go after the person that actually thought he wasnt electable, Im going after the $#@!s that repeated that statement everywhere. Trump went a step further an not only was electable in the eyes of many, he DID get elected. Trump got elected because the people voted for him, and the $#@!s in office like Pelosi do NOT reflect the will of the American People. Capital P in People just like We the People. Proper pronoun.

This is a lot like watching a Civil War in the White House. And for the record, $#@! Ann Coulter.
She is kind of like the retard that said "Ron Paul is Unelectable". Who the $#@! was it that said that, and what qualifies them to make such a statement? Sure, free speech, but Ron Paul sure as $#@! was electable. Im not gonna go after the person that actually thought he wasnt electable, Im going after the $#@!s that repeated that statement everywhere. Trump went a step further an not only was electable in the eyes of many, he DID get elected. Trump got elected because the people voted for him, and the $#@!s in office like Pelosi do NOT reflect the will of the American People. Capital P in People just like We the People. Proper pronoun.
I supported Ron Paul 2012, though at the time, some of Ron's views were
looking way out in left field, to many voters; like the statement about;
''we bring a lot of this on ourselves through our occupation of other
lands'' to paraphrase, he was 100% on the money, but most were
not even close to being ready to hear that being 11 years out from
911. People like Alex Jones / Drudge were just starting to wake up everyone
and raise our suspicions of our very corrupt government.
I don't remember how often Anne made that statement, she comes
off as being very irresponsible in here rhetoric, but it could have been
just that , some stingy rhetoric, getting heard.
There I no question that MMM kept Ron out of the White House,
maybe Anne helped, again I wasn't following Anne closely at the time.
Now today she talks about the promises , she is actually 100%
correct in the failed promises;
-Hillary Prison (de facto promise, inferred and repeated 100 times)
-Gut IRS / we get a tax break whoopty doo
-KILL OBAMA CARE, the mechanism is still alive and well, we got
rid of the mandate which is good, but only to be very available
next regime change due to the fact that the beast is still alive.
-Drain the Swamp, good lord hasn't it gotten a hell of a lot deeper and
wider.
-Constant boot licking of Israel, ignoring the war crimes.
I could go on and on, but we see what has happened and yea, my
jury is still out on Trump, I watch with a jaundice eye, I still see
him as possibly being the best we've had since Jack Kennedy for
the many fantastic things he 'HAS' done for us, but that's another issue.
Anne sure comes off as a snarky batch', but I never discount her
rhetoric completely even if it is wrong, now Pelosi, Maxine Waters,
Feinstein, off the charts sick , twisted individuals , with no redemption
that I can see whatsoever.
Trumps faults if I'm right and again with a 'jaundice eye' , the faults
mainly are in the so called 'failed promises' , my hopes are that
they are failed because of bad advisement in the beginning , he
was told he could easily fulfill all these promises using executive
actions, and slam dunk legislation that would easily pass through
Congress, he was duped , that is my hope, if this is not
the case, then Anne is more than right , we're talking Judas goat,
but my gut tell me that Trump's heart is in the right place
and his intentions sincere.
Each day raises new and varying questions.
-
You can see daily on this forum and elsewhere that everyone
is accused of being partisan and blind , only following party line , platforms,
policies, candidates, agendas. Everyone covers up the
faults of their candidates etc......as you can probably see, I seek
truth as some of us do, I be frank, I have some inherent loyalty to
'my picks' surely, but that only carries out a short distance from
the actual actions, truth is much more useful than loyalty.
-
unedited, hopefully some of this is readable....peace....

Superfluous Man
01-24-2019, 08:51 AM
It used to be that Coulter was the enemy around here.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 08:55 AM
I think it still does, did you read the posts?
'does be that is' :frog:

Superfluous Man
01-24-2019, 09:21 AM
I think it still does, did you read the posts?
'does be that is' :frog:

I see what you mean.

But in a way it's just as surreal, because the OP supports Coulter in her statist views, and the others in the thread who are criticizing her (with the exception of EBounding) appear to be doing so, not because they oppose her statist views, but because they share them and think it's unfair to Donald Trump to say that he isn't doing a good enough job of advancing that statist agenda which she says he's not doing enough.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 09:26 AM
I see what you mean.

But in a way it's just as surreal, because the OP supports Coulter in her statist views, and the others in the thread who are criticizing her (with the exception of EBounding) appear to be doing so, not because they oppose her statist views, but because they share them and think it's unfair to Donald Trump to say that he isn't doing a good enough job of advancing that statist agenda which she says he's not doing enough.

Right, I see, but I don't think, or I sure hope his agenda isn't 'statist', I'm still holding a shred of hope.

Superfluous Man
01-24-2019, 09:29 AM
Right, I see, but I don't think, or I sure hope his agenda isn't 'statist', I'm still holding a shred of hope.

Wait. You don't think Trump's agenda is statist? When has he ever even pretended it wasn't?

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 09:29 AM
"Drug dealers, drunk drivers, criminals, welfare dependents and low-wage workers driving down American wages continued to flow across our border."

lol drunk drivers?
Sure , that's how they get around the agents, they have no idea where they are
and come up through the swamps.
-
Seriously though, there have been tons of reports of illegals snagged here,
driving drunk.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Wait. You don't think Trump's agenda is statist? ...
-
Economically I suppose, but politically and socially , no.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 09:41 AM
I see what you mean.

Right, but why not discuss the content of the op , rather than whether Trump
is a statist or not, the promises, that's the content of the op.

acptulsa
01-24-2019, 09:48 AM
-
Economically I suppose, but politically and socially , no.

Make America great again? Build a wall? Make better deals with Canada, with NATO, with China?

Nationalism isn't statist? When has he ever said something other than, if I am the government the government can fix everything?

Right, but why not discuss the content of the op , rather than whether Trump
is a statist or not, the promises, that's the content of the op.

The content of the OP is Ann Coulter calling on Trump to keep his statist promises. You can't separate Coulter and statism with a crowbar.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 09:54 AM
...The content of the OP is Ann Coulter calling on Trump to keep his statist promises. You can't separate Coulter and statism with a crowbar.
Priceless, explain how the op is not about promises, pure gold...........

acptulsa
01-24-2019, 10:03 AM
The content of the OP is Ann Coulter calling on Trump to keep his statist promises. You can't separate Coulter and statism with a crowbar.

Priceless, explain how the op is not about promises, pure gold...........

Why are you asking me to contradict myself?

spudea
01-24-2019, 10:50 AM
I supported him and his message but actions speak louder that words. If you actually read the article you would see that is the point of posting it in it's own thread.

What more do you think Trump can do on border security without becoming an actual dictatorship?

TheTexan
01-24-2019, 10:52 AM

LoL

Tucker Carlson has a few already. I think everyone from Fox should get their own thread.

enhanced_deficit
01-24-2019, 11:01 AM
There is some evidence that part of GOP base is gradually being alienated.

Published 10 hours ago
Laura Ingraham rips Trump’s decision to postpone State of the Union
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/laura-ingraham-rips-trumps-decision-to-postpone-state-of-the-union

Not too surprised on Coulter statement, she had made a radical shift recently on new MAGA approach and used very objectionable language to criticize his policies.

Coulter: Trump Will Not Finish Current Term, "joke presidency who scammed the American people" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529453-Coulter-Trump-Will-Not-Finish-Current-Term-quot-joke-presidency-who-scammed-the-American-people-quot&)

Emotions are high on both sides dug in, latest reports suggest GOP Jarvanka leadership is taking some bold steps to end this gridlock:

Kushner reaches out to Congress on shutdown, 'DACA for the wall' deal gains steam (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530182-Kushner-reaches-out-to-Congress-on-shutdown-DACA-for-the-wall-deal-gains-steam&p=6739763&viewfull=1#post6739763)

Trump folds:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1088289916826648577

Drudge also had "Trump Folds" headline today, that does not help in maintaining support of base.

Stratovarious
01-24-2019, 12:46 PM
Why are you asking me to contradict myself?
lol The op is about promises, you're obsessed with statists , ok start a thread,
I'll be right there, meanwhile what is your take on the 'promises' (that is the op)?

acptulsa
01-24-2019, 01:01 PM
My take is, Republicans will never learn to be more careful what they wish for. My take is:

What more do you think Trump can do on border security without becoming an actual dictatorship?

My take is:

Drudge also had "Trump Folds" headline today, that does not help in maintaining support of base.

My take is too many Americans are a damned sight more interested in whether Team X appears to win than in whether we all get what we need and want.

kahless
01-24-2019, 02:19 PM

His winning means not advancing his own policies while giving concessions. I do not believe that is winning.

phill4paul
01-24-2019, 02:26 PM
We're headed to a failed Republic. Period. There is just no fighting against mandatory indoctrination through compelled public screwlling.

nikcers
01-24-2019, 03:09 PM
His winning means not advancing his own policies while giving concessions. I do not believe that is winning.

Sometimes a push is preferred to a loss. Especially when you can make the dealer bust. I'd play blackjack with Trump any day.

Mach
01-24-2019, 04:17 PM
She's just riding his coattails.

nikcers
01-24-2019, 04:20 PM
She's just riding his coattails.

Never heard of that term is it kind of like fart smelling?

Mach
01-24-2019, 04:36 PM
Never heard of that term is it kind of like fart smelling?

Yes, fart smelling on purpose while complaining about the stink.

DamianTV
01-24-2019, 06:02 PM

It depends only on what she says, not who she is. She has a Right to speak, and we have a Right to Agree or Disagree.

The Right to Speak is pretty much what is in jeopardy tho. The only voices that are getting recognized by the MSM are the ones that attack Trump (because its now the cool thing to do) and are the same ones to purposefully NOT mention Ron Paul at all during his runs for the presidency. Thus, the Right to Speak appears to be moderated by political agendas, and some folks are "more equal" than others. This is where Coulter gets her name recognized. Anyone that would have supported Ron Paul is removed from the system, and voice effectively muted and silenced permanently. I have seen this first hand as I worked in Broadcast Media for 8 solid years. Every producer (they dont go on air) that even entertained the idea that Ron Paul was a decent political candidate was "let go for undisclosed differences". They couldnt say "since you like Ron Paul we are gonna fire you", but the pattern fit perfectly. Like Ron Paul and there goes your MSM job.

ProBlue33
01-24-2019, 06:19 PM
Several months into the Trump administration, I started running a daily “Border Wall Construction Update” on Twitter, announcing how many miles of the wall had been completed that day and how many miles since the inauguration. It was always the same numbers: 0 and 0, respectively.

She is lying, not sure why, I think she thinks she can shame Trump into being more aggressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgP1wPCtwa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=686BduJH9Do
So Anne can shut her hole, she isn't helping anymore.

oyarde
01-24-2019, 06:47 PM
Would anyone like to conjure what coulter thinks would be a great presidency ? At this point , I would consider trump to be a success if he is able to end syria and afghanistan . Any president is going to be limited by a congress that is comprised of a majority of communists and retards , best I can tell .

Swordsmyth
01-24-2019, 06:49 PM
Would anyone like to conjure what coulter thinks would be a great presidency ? At this point , I would consider trump to be a success if he is able to end syria and afghanistan . Any president is going to be limited by a congress that is comprised of a majority of communists and retards , best I can tell .

Trump is beginning to turn the ship around and while I would like him to do so faster I recognize that he IS turning it and that there IS a limit to how fast he can turn it.

Coulter:

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F19%2Feb%2F94%2F19eb94a7f24 cb76804b8d5dbe3d52a77--spoiled-children-my-children.jpg&f=1

AuH20
01-24-2019, 06:51 PM
Trump is beginning to turn the ship around and while I would like him to do so faster I recognize that he IS turning it and that there IS a limit to how fast he can turn it.

Coulter:

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F19%2Feb%2F94%2F19eb94a7f24 cb76804b8d5dbe3d52a77--spoiled-children-my-children.jpg&f=1

She's right. He backed down when he had both chambers of Congress.

oyarde
01-24-2019, 06:51 PM
CalExit is probably the one most essential item that really could begin to return the congress to the people .

Swordsmyth
01-24-2019, 06:53 PM
She's right. He backed down when he had both chambers of Congress.
I would have liked him to have vetoed earlier spending bills but the result would have been the same, the Swampublicans wouldn't have given him a wall either and the Demoncrats wouldn't have gotten the blame for the shutdown, the Demoncrats might have taken control of the Senate in the midterms.

Swordsmyth
01-24-2019, 06:54 PM
CalExit is probably the one most essential item that really could begin to return the congress to the people .
^^^THIS^^^

Separation and/or bloodshed are the only tings that can fix this country.

AuH20
01-24-2019, 06:55 PM
I would have liked him to have vetoed earlier spending bills but the result would have been the same, the Swampublicans wouldn't have given him a wall either and the Demoncrats wouldn't have gotten the blame for the shutdown, the Demoncrats might have taken control of the Senate in the midterms.

But he's the President with the biggest soapbox in the known world. And they still lost the House, when the entrenched members left seats basically defenseless. Trump should have kicked their ass at the beginning, but he has no ideological underpinning.

Swordsmyth
01-24-2019, 06:58 PM
But he's the President. And they still lost the House, when the entrenched members left seats basically defenseless. Trump should have kicked their ass at the beginning, but he has no idealogical underpinning.
I would like him to move faster too, I don't think he is moving as fast as he could.
But he is still the best President R or D since Coolidge and Coulter is a loudmouth.

AuH20
01-24-2019, 07:01 PM
I would like him to move faster too, I don't think he is moving as fast as he could.
But he is still the best President R or D since Coolidge and Coulter is a loudmouth.

He still has no well thought out philosophy that animates and guides his decisions. That's his primary drawback. Yes, we like the combativeness, but it has to be directed into a cogent plan of action.

Swordsmyth
01-24-2019, 07:05 PM
He still has no well thought out philosophy that animates and guides his decisions. That's his primary drawback. Yes, we like the combativeness, but it has to be directed into a cogent plan of action.
I'd be open to someone better in 2020 but I haven't heard of anyone better who is going to run that has a ghost of a chance yet.

In the meantime he needs support, it's OK to criticize wrong things he does and try to dissuade him from doing them but coming out against him is wrong and bad for liberty.

AuH20
01-24-2019, 07:06 PM
I'd be open to someone better in 2020 but I haven't heard of anyone better who is going to run that has a ghost of a chance yet.

In the meantime he needs support, it's OK to criticize wrong things he does and try to dissuade him from doing them but coming out against him is wrong and bad for liberty.

There are more pros and cons. I'm just addressing his shortcomings, which end up biting him in the ass.

nikcers
01-24-2019, 07:13 PM
There are more pros and cons. I'm just addressing his shortcomings, which end up biting him in the ass.

If you only look at a presidents accomplishments while they are in office you fail to see the snowball after it reaches critical mass.

ProBlue33
01-24-2019, 07:39 PM
I am also baffled as to why Trump was not more aggressive for wall funding when he controlled the congress.
At the very least "the wall" was not as important to him as other items on his to do list.
I think a certain segment of his base has reminded him very strongly that he needs to move this to the top of his list now as in secure the funding "now" and get it rolling because 2020 is coming up fast, and if loses the next president can just say freeze those funds and stop.

kahless
01-24-2019, 09:14 PM

I had originally opposed this thinking that China already has too much influence over California and an independent puppet of China would be a problem on our border. But maybe that is where the CIA could get it right this time to prevent that.

Swordsmyth
01-24-2019, 09:20 PM
I had originally opposed this thinking that China already has too much influence over California and an independent puppet of China would be a problem on our border. But maybe that is where the CIA could get it right this time to prevent that.
It's better to have them outside the gates than in.

enhanced_deficit
02-24-2019, 11:19 PM
Sad!

https://wp-media.patheos.com/blogs/sites/551/2015/08/ann-coulter-for-trump.png