PDA

View Full Version : Restore America Now

Anti Federalist
01-23-2019, 05:52 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RdbyGYJJkWY/ThNxSvmoASI/AAAAAAAADtE/TlbVpB_UzEY/s400/ron+paul+2012+logo.png

Shit...

Woke up from a particularly vivid dream...nightmare...where Ron won, and his campaign slogan from 2012 was viewed the same as MAGA and he and his family treated the same way, but much worse than Trump.

It did not end well, this dream.

Anti Globalist
01-23-2019, 06:19 AM
I've had dreams where Ron won as well but they always turn out to always work out.

jkr
01-23-2019, 06:56 AM
I sincerely believe this.
Mitt Romney told him what was going to happen to the next Republican president and kindly advised him not to subject himself to this crap because he really believes that Ron is awesome and didn't want to see him in a Liberty Movement s*** on I like that

shakey1
01-23-2019, 07:00 AM
It would have likely been a hard road for him had he won.

JohnCifelli1
01-23-2019, 07:21 AM
Can we go back to 08 and have a do over please?

jkr
01-23-2019, 09:00 AM

THIS PLEASE

phill4paul
01-23-2019, 09:24 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RdbyGYJJkWY/ThNxSvmoASI/AAAAAAAADtE/TlbVpB_UzEY/s400/ron+paul+2012+logo.png

Shit...

Woke up from a particularly vivid dream...nightmare...where Ron won, and his campaign slogan from 2012 was viewed the same as MAGA and he and his family treated the same way, but much worse than Trump.

The majority do not want to "Restore America," nor "Make America Great Again."

The majority don't want an America. They want an new State of Americas. Plural. A wonderful communist utopia and certainly not one that is guided by the writings of wealthy, white male slave owners.

kpitcher
01-23-2019, 11:09 AM
I have never heard a definition of MAGA. When did american stop being great, or what would constitute it being great again? The entire 'again' should mean there was a specific point in time you could point to and say everything before this was great, everything after was not.

With Ron he gave a checklist of issues to fix to restore America. Gold standard, audit the fed, stop imperialism, reduce the deficit, etc. I'm still waiting for someone to start doing those things.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2019, 11:15 AM
I have never heard a definition of MAGA. When did american stop being great, or what would constitute it being great again? The entire 'again' should mean there was a specific point in time you could point to and say everything before this was great, everything after was not.

With Ron he gave a checklist of issues to fix to restore America. Gold standard, audit the fed, stop imperialism, reduce the deficit, etc. I'm still waiting for someone to start doing those things.

My point is that Ron would have gotten the exact same treatment.

Worse, in fact.

Never forgot that, according to the government media organs, Trump learned his racism from Ron Paul.

Superfluous Man
01-23-2019, 11:29 AM
Mitt Romney ...didn't want to see him in a Liberty Movement s*** on I like that

Whatever motivates Mitt Romney to do anything, it isn't this.

brushfire
01-23-2019, 11:52 AM
My point is that Ron would have gotten the exact same treatment.

Worse, in fact.

Never forgot that, according to the government media organs, Trump learned his racism from Ron Paul.

I would see a significant difference:

1. Ron Paul would not be playing political games - out the gate he would have exit strategies for most of the departments
2. Ron has a devout following of able bodied advisors/people. He would be fine with surrounding himself with legit political outsiders, and there would be many lined up to help. Trump has no choice but to hire swampers, because nobody else is willing to work with/for him
3. Troops would have been home it time for Christmas 2017
4. "They" would either kill Ron, or the backlash from empty handed government teat suckers would create riots in the streets
5. If "They" killed Ron, they would be after his VP next - somehow trying to pin it on the Russians

shakey1
01-23-2019, 12:10 PM
Deep state woulda snuffed him out for sure.

juleswin
01-23-2019, 01:51 PM

This, I have a hard time believing that Ron Paul would be treated any worse that Trump especially by the people. The media and the deep state would savage him but I think he would be able to win the people over unlike Trump.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 01:59 PM
I would see a significant difference:

1. Ron Paul would not be playing political games - out the gate he would have exit strategies for most of the departments
2. Ron has a devout following of able bodied advisors/people. He would be fine with surrounding himself with legit political outsiders, and there would be many lined up to help. Trump has no choice but to hire swampers, because nobody else is willing to work with/for him
3. Troops would have been home it time for Christmas 2017
4. "They" would either kill Ron, or the backlash from empty handed government teat suckers would create riots in the streets
5. If "They" killed Ron, they would be after his VP next - somehow trying to pin it on the Russians

They would have impeached him on trumped up charges or killed him before any of those things could happen.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 02:01 PM
This, I have a hard time believing that Ron Paul would be treated any worse that Trump especially by the people. The media and the deep state would savage him but I think he would be able to win the people over unlike Trump.
He would have been treated MUCH worse, they would have dug up old patients to claim he was a rapist and anything else they could manufacture would have been used as well.

juleswin
01-23-2019, 02:17 PM
He would have been treated MUCH worse, they would have dug up old patients to claim he was a rapist and anything else they could manufacture would have been used as well.

Ron Paul would kill em with kindness. He would implement policies that favor the American people and unlike Trump, he has the verbal acuity to explain it to the people. That would be a game changer between a person like Trump and Ron Paul.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 02:22 PM
Ron Paul would kill em with kindness. He would implement policies that favor the American people and unlike Trump, he has the verbal acuity to explain it to the people. That would be a game changer between a person like Trump and Ron Paul.
The MSM would have the entire country hating his guts and he would be removed before any of his policies could take effect one way or another.

juleswin
01-23-2019, 02:39 PM
The MSM would have the entire country hating his guts and he would be removed before any of his policies could take effect one way or another.

Don't buy it, the problem with Trump is that it is to demonize him. This is because he is demonstrably a lying, arrogant, boastful, thieving bully. Observe him for a reasonable amount of time and he would display those vices to you. You even need the media to do any spinning.

Ron Paul on the other hand has the virtues and intelligence that when coupled with presidential power and pulpit the president has can counter the venom from the MSM.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 02:49 PM
Don't buy it, the problem with Trump is that it is to demonize him. This is because he is demonstrably a lying, arrogant, boastful, thieving bully. Observe him for a reasonable amount of time and he would display those vices to you. You even need the media to do any spinning.

Ron Paul on the other hand has the virtues and intelligence that when coupled with presidential power and pulpit the president has can counter the venom from the MSM.
They wouldn't give him the opportunity, they would call him a racist (The infamous newsletters), a rapist (they would have found one or more of his patients to lie for them), a Russian agent (every piece of his foreign policy would be found to benefit Putin and they would have manufactured any "evidence" they needed) and anything else they could come up with and if that failed he would simply have been assassinated within a year of taking office.

He would have been a much greater threat to the status quo and therefore they would have gone totally berserk far beyond what they are doing to Trump.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2019, 02:50 PM

He tried that and was roundly rejected.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2019, 02:52 PM
And I agree, he never would have made it to within 1000 yards of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

That's how it ended, the dream that is...

Occam's Banana
01-23-2019, 05:31 PM

Especially so since Ron Paul embodies a fundamental challenge to the nature of the system itself.

As much of an irritant to the system that Trump might be, he doesn't represent an existential threat to it.

TheCount
01-23-2019, 06:34 PM
They would have impeached him on trumped up charges or killed him before any of those things could happen.

If that's true, what does that imply about Trump?

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 06:36 PM
If that's true, what does that imply about Trump?
That he is LESS of a threat to them and that he has made deals and chosen allies in order to survive.

Cleaner44
01-23-2019, 06:39 PM
As much as I love Ron Paul, I don't think he would be strong enough to withstand the onslaught from the Marxists in the Media and DC Establishment. You have to be a fighter like Trump is and RP is a nice guy.

The statists are out there. They don't fight fair. They don't have honor. They don’t feel pity, or remorse, or shame... and they absolutely will not stop, ever, until they are dead.

PAF
01-23-2019, 06:44 PM
As much as I love Ron Paul, I don't think he would be strong enough to withstand the onslaught from the Marxists in the Media and DC Establishment. You have to be a fighter like Trump is and RP is a nice guy.

The statists are out there. They don't fight fair. They don't have honor. They don’t feel pity, or remorse, or shame... and they absolutely will not stop, ever, until they are dead.

Strong enough? You didn’t see the sign on his desk “Don’t steal the government hates competition”?

Ron wouldn’t bother to entertain them, he’d just shut the door :D

enhanced_deficit
01-23-2019, 06:53 PM

$#@!...

While it's true that Donals benefited from and in some cases tried to regurgitate RP's positions where oppoortunistcally politically expedient and there is some overlap in RP and his supporters (probably not as indicative as overlap in Obama/Bush-MAGA supporters), from what has unfolded so far liberty is no where in top 10 priorities of this regime. Many of those attacking RP are now circling current MAGA... Bolton, ZOA, Dershowitz, Sheldon Adelson, Hannity, Giuliani, Graham, Lieberman to name a few.

While conspiracy theories piating him as fake frontgroup for Israel-First lobbies go too far, current MAGA is more likely to restore Patriot Act than 2nd Amend.

True neoconservatives - MAGA Funders & Partners (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527899-Soros-vs-Adelson-whose-political-funding-is-better-for-cause-of-liberty&p=6700385&viewfull=1#post6700385)

- Elliot Abrams (Rubio, Cruz adviser)
- Sheldon Adelson (Billionaire donor, Rubio backer)
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte
- Gary Bauer
- Cofer Black (Romney adviser)
- Brad Blakeman
- John Bolton (Cruz adviser)

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2019, 06:56 PM
One major difference between Ron and Trump is that the first “government shutdown” would have happened the first time the Congress brought a budget to him. The very first one would have been vetoed.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 07:01 PM
One major difference between Ron and Trump is that the first “government shutdown” would have happened the first time the Congress brought a budget to him. The very first one would have been vetoed.
And that veto would have been overridden, and so would every other veto , Ron would have had about a dozen members of Congress on his side.

juleswin
01-23-2019, 07:07 PM
While it's true that Donals benefited from and in some cases tried to regurgitate RP's positions where oppoortunistcally politically expedient and there is some overlap in RP and his supporters (probably not as indicative as overlap in Obama/Bush-MAGA supporters), from what has unfolded so far liberty is no where in top 10 priorities of this regime. Many of those attacking RP are now circling current MAGA... Bolton, ZOA, Dershowitz, Sheldon Adelson, Hannity, Giuliani, Graham, Lieberman to name a few.

While conspiracy theories painting him as fake frontgroup for Israel-First lobbies go too far, current MAGA is more likely to restore Patriot Act than 2nd Amend.

True neoconservatives - MAGA Funders & Partners (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527899-Soros-vs-Adelson-whose-political-funding-is-better-for-cause-of-liberty&p=6700385&viewfull=1#post6700385)

- Elliot Abrams (Rubio, Cruz adviser)
- Sheldon Adelson (Billionaire donor, Rubio backer)
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte
- Gary Bauer
- Cofer Black (Romney adviser)
- Brad Blakeman
- John Bolton (Cruz adviser)

To be fair to Trump, he also went ape when he realized during that CPAC that Ron Paul was favored by the audience. He threatened to get into the race if Ron Paul were to win the nomination. He is one of them not apart from them, he would have to drain himself in order to drain the swamp. This is why he is only getting soft push back from TPDB

Frontman for Israeli firsters? who in their right mind would suggest that. He is totally for making America great again :rolleyes:

juleswin
01-23-2019, 07:10 PM
That he is LESS of NOT a threat to them and that he has made deals and chosen allies in order to survive continue the status quo.

Fixed it for u :)

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 07:12 PM
Fixed it for u :)
:rolleyes:

Gumba of Liberty
01-23-2019, 07:17 PM
Some of us are still march forward. The R3volution continues for those willing to struggle and fight (and get creative!): www.sonsoflibertyso.com/pdc

Anti Globalist
01-23-2019, 07:20 PM
If Ron was born with an alpha male personality, he'd be unstoppable.

Gumba of Liberty
01-23-2019, 07:23 PM
If Ron was born with an alpha male personality, he'd be unstoppable.

Or Dead

Champ
01-23-2019, 07:24 PM

This 1000x.

We all know, or at least most of us do, that the Paul campaign cowered to Romney after threats were issued. He continued attacking Santorum and Gingrich, but completely abandoned any attacks against Mitt. It was obvious. If he couldn't make it through the GOP primaries without outing Romney for the corrupted crook he was, especially after threats were issued, how could he possibly have done any better in a general election where the media would have turned up the attack knob to maximum output in order to discard him. We got a preview of that with the newsletter attacks. It would have been infinitely more intense than that.

He had the opportunity to out Romney but refrained, because he doesn't believe in fighting that way, and instead focused on preaching good ol fashioned liberty and freedom, spreading the ideas of peace and love, spreading this message to as many as would listen. Love him for that and that's something to respect and honor, but it's not something that will help you win when fighting these snakes. In the long run I think he is going to prevail and be remembered in a very positive light, but in the 2000's, it's not going to get you very far politically speaking.

r3volution 3.0
01-23-2019, 09:11 PM
My Restore America Now sticker is faded, torn, and getting ready to give up the ghost: much like the movement that it once represented.

Shit...

That people can compare Ron and Trump with a straight face is as good a sign as any of the aforementioned problem.

Anti Federalist
01-23-2019, 09:32 PM
That people can compare Ron and Trump with a straight face is as good a sign as any of the aforementioned problem.

You got rocks in yer head if you think Ron would not have gotten the same treatment and worse.

r3volution 3.0
01-23-2019, 09:50 PM
You got rocks in yer head if you think Ron would not have gotten the same treatment and worse.

He would have been treated much worse.

For example, FOX would not be shilling for him 110% every second of the day.

And every GOPer in elected office would not be licking his balls.

He probably would have already been impeached, and on a bi-partisan basis (if not GOP alone).

The hatred toward Trump is quite different; it's not based on anything substantial; it's just noise-making for future election purposes.

It's no different than what the GOP did to Obama (or what the Dems did to Bush II, etc).

Meaningless

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2019, 10:00 PM
And that veto would have been overridden, and so would every other veto , Ron would have had about a dozen members of Congress on his side.

That would be an improvement. Too bad the founders didn’t specify a 90% vote to pass new legislation.

The Congress could do that now, if the Congress really wanted to open up government again.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 10:04 PM
He would have been treated much worse.

For example, FOX would not be shilling for him 110% every second of the day.

And every GOPer in elected office would not be licking his balls.

He probably would have already been impeached, and on a bi-partisan basis (if not GOP alone).

The hatred toward Trump is quite different; it's not based on anything substantial; it's just noise-making for future election purposes.

It's no different than what the GOP did to Obama (or what the Dems did to Bush II, etc).

Meaningless

That would be an improvement. Too bad the founders didn’t specify a 90% vote to pass new legislation.

The Congress could do that now, if the Congress really wanted to open up government again.
I don't see how getting none of our agenda actually enacted and Ron killed or imprisoned would be an improvement over Trump getting some of our agenda implemented.

Brian4Liberty
01-23-2019, 10:20 PM
I don't see how getting none of our agenda actually enacted and Ron killed or imprisoned would be an improvement over Trump getting some of our agenda implemented.

It’s unicorn and rainbow speculation, but I’d wager Ron could have gotten a lot of things done, barring the assassination hypotheses going down.

Swordsmyth
01-23-2019, 10:26 PM
It’s unicorn and rainbow speculation, but I’d wager Ron could have gotten a lot of things done, barring the assassination hypotheses going down.
I would vote for him instead of Trump because that is the right thing to do but I would expect him to get nothing done before being impeached or assassinated and anything he did get done would then be undone, I didn't think this way back when he was running but watching what is happening to Trump has changed my point of view.

The best possibility would be if we had someone who is as hard and cunning as Trump but had more of Ron's principles.
Without a literal revolution we won't be able to charge full speed into the front of the enemy, some compromises and stratagems will be required.

r3volution 3.0
01-23-2019, 10:31 PM
US National Debt:

January 20, 2017: $19,947,304,555,212.49

January 20, 2019: $21,954,898,759,285.36

+ $2 trillion

...here's to getting things done!

https://media.giphy.com/media/WeJeWpUMxpQmk/giphy.gif

nobody's_hero
01-23-2019, 11:00 PM
It's hard for me to picture someone like Ron grabbing Jim Acosta by the tail and slinging him against the wall until he ends up in a senseless stupor. I think we need Trump to keep it up a bit longer until the media machine is gone. It is still the biggest obstacle to the presidency we face, IMO.

r3volution 3.0
01-23-2019, 11:17 PM
It's hard for me to picture someone like Ron grabbing Jim Acosta by the tail and slinging him against the wall until he ends up in a senseless stupor. I think we need Trump to keep it up a bit longer until the media machine is gone. It is still the biggest obstacle to the presidency we face, IMO.

What on Earth does that mean?

nikcers
01-24-2019, 01:34 AM

$#@!...

Time has clearly punished you by eternally standing still at 6:00PM

nikcers
01-24-2019, 01:41 AM
US National Debt:

January 20, 2017: $19,947,304,555,212.49

January 20, 2019: $21,954,898,759,285.36

+ $2 trillion

...here's to getting things done!

https://media.giphy.com/media/WeJeWpUMxpQmk/giphy.gif

This is the stupidest tea party I've ever been to