PDA

View Full Version : California Dem State Senator bans ‘he’ and ‘she’ pronouns during judiciary committee hearings

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 06:34 PM
California State Senator and Senate Judiciary Committee chair Hannah-Beth Jackson (D) announced this week that "gender neutral" pronouns will be used during committee hearings.

Jackson said (https://www.senate.ca.gov/media-archive) that new committee rules recognize California's designation of "non-binary" as a gender. The words "he and she" will now become "what my grammar teacher would have had a heart attack over," the senator said. The committee will use the word "they" instead, because it is gender-neutral, Jackson said.
"Basically, that's the primary reforms and revisions to the committee rules," she said.

Jackson also said that as the chair, she will now be known as "they," to keep in line with "the spirit of gender neutrality for the rules of this committee."
"So, the world is a different place. My grammar teacher's long gone and we won't be hearing from her," Jackson said.
She then corrected her use of the word "her."
"From them...from they," Jackson said, illustrating the foolish confusion created by the new rule.

More at: https://www.theblaze.com/news/california-democrat-state-senator-bans-he-and-she-pronouns-during-judiciary-committee-hearings

Dr.3D
01-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Sounds like "they" want to be thought of as plural like a monarch.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Sounds like "they" want to be thought of as plural like a monarch.
"They" also want to ban normal people, what about all of us who "identify" as what we really are?
Why can't we be referred to by traditional pronouns?

It won't be long before this comes here:

Leftist French Website Calls For Heterosexuality to be Banned (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530302-Leftist-French-Website-Calls-For-Heterosexuality-to-be-Banned)

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-20-2019, 07:23 PM
Clown world.

nobody's_hero
01-21-2019, 12:20 AM
I'm no English major, but I don't think you're supposed to use a plural form "they" to refer to the singular "he" or "she". People do it all the time.

Oh, she they does mention that. And they doesn't seem to care. Now I'm picturing everyone in the California state legislature talking like a character in an Uncle Remus story.

Schifference
01-21-2019, 08:43 AM
Just start referring to everyone as my nig-ger.

specsaregood
01-21-2019, 08:49 AM
I'm no English major, but I don't think you're supposed to use a plural form "they" to refer to the singular "he" or "she". People do it all the time.

Oh, she they does mention that. And they doesn't seem to care. Now I'm picturing everyone in the California state legislature talking like a character in an Uncle Remus story.

I'm left wondering why they haven't banned Spanish yet. Why is it the English language that is the only one that has to change? Spanish is much more gender based.

Schifference
01-21-2019, 08:53 AM
Where does this leave freedom of speech?

shakey1
01-21-2019, 09:03 AM
it

euphemia
01-21-2019, 09:11 AM
This is an attempt to sound as though she is speaking for more than one person. When this is reported, "they" will sound like a large group, not one idiotic woman.

Stratovarious
01-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Hannibal Jackson = Inverted Reality , Devolution.