PDA

View Full Version : [Edit: False] Video of US teens taunting Native American draws fire

Pages : [1] 2 3

Zippyjuan
01-19-2019, 07:57 PM
Oyarde in DC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k

Footage of a group of teenagers - many wearing Make America Great Again caps - taunting a Native American man in Washington DC has drawn criticism.

The teens, believed to be students of Kentucky's Covington Catholic High School, are seen mocking Omaha elder Nathan Phillips as he sings and drums.

The students were taking part in an anti-abortion rally on Friday, while Mr Phillips, a Vietnam War veteran, came for an Indigenous Peoples March.

The footage went viral on social media.

A number of users said the youths' behaviour was "appalling" and their parents and school "should be ashamed".

Congresswoman Deb Haaland, one of the first Native American women to be elected to Congress, tweeted that the students showed "blatant hate, disrespect, and intolerance".

The incident is now being investigated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington, US media report.

What did the footage show?
The teens are seen surrounding and mocking Mr Phillips and his companion, as the two men sing the American Indian Movement song.

One boy, in particular, is captured staring at Mr Phillips, appearing to be blocking the Native Indian.

Many of the students are also heard mockingly singing the Indian song.

After the incident, Mr Phillips was quoted by US media as saying: "I heard them saying 'build that wall, build that wall'".

"This is indigenous land, you're not supposed to have walls here.

"We never had a prison; we always took care of our elders, took care of our children, always provided for them, taught them right from wrong.

"I wish I could... put that energy to making this country really, really great," Mr Phillips said.

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2019, 08:06 PM
Another out of context story, to enrage the SJW left.

RJB
01-19-2019, 08:08 PM
I didn't see any lootings, beatings, killings... This was rather mild on both sides.

AuH20
01-19-2019, 08:13 PM
When did Indians hang around Marxists? Sheesh.

RJB
01-19-2019, 08:16 PM
When did Indians hang around Marxists? Sheesh.

It's the latest fad to be a Marxist. Even Zippy is hip.

kahless
01-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Another out of context story, to enrage the SJW left.

What did I miss? Just looked like some kid smiling and staring.

I am going to take a guess the fake outrage is to further condition whites to be submissive to minorities and white Trump supporters to be submissive to their opposition.

Schifference
01-19-2019, 08:22 PM
I don't understand exactly what is taking place. The person with the red hat and smile says nothing and just stands there with a grin. Hard to say what is gong on.

dannno
01-19-2019, 08:34 PM
Looks like a good time on both sides.

oyarde
01-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Oyarde in DC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIG5ZB0fw1k

Uh , negative , I do not even know what an American Indian Movement Song is . The young man looks disturbed , when I was that age the only time I think I smiled like that might have been after making some babies .

oyarde
01-19-2019, 08:40 PM
I never knew there really were washington redskins .

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2019, 08:47 PM
I didn't see any lootings, beatings, killings... This was rather mild on both sides.

What did I miss? Just looked like some kid smiling and staring.

I am going to take a guess the fake outrage is to further condition whites to be submissive to minorities and white Trump supporters to be submissive to their opposition.

I don't understand exactly what is taking place. The person with the red hat and smile says nothing and just stands there with a grin. Hard to say what is gong on.

What?! You don’t feel outraged?! How can you even watch that and remain silent? I am literally shaking! How can you miss the smug white privilege? The Trump induced racism? The TOXIC masculinity?! We can not stand for this hate! These boys should be beaten and given life in prison.

/s

James_Madison_Lives
01-19-2019, 08:50 PM
You say the Injun is a Vietnam vet? Would like to see the snot nose kid shit his pants and cry for his mommy under fire.

RJB
01-19-2019, 08:54 PM
What?! You don’t feel outraged?! How can you even watch that and remain silent? I am literally shaking! How can you miss the smug white privilege? The Trump induced racism? The TOXIC masculinity?! We can not stand for this hate! These boys should beaten and given life in prison.

/s

I have seen pretty much that, word for word, with no sarcasm on other places on the internet.

I have seen teens behave much worse (in fact I was a pretty obnoxious teen myself).

If these are the worst there are to be outraged about, the future is pretty bright.

AuH20
01-19-2019, 09:12 PM

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2019, 09:31 PM
It reeks of a set-up. Why no information on how these people came together? They didn’t just suddenly materialize in the same place.

Pure speculation, but it would be easy to imagine that some of the left activists saw the group of kids with MAGA hats, and said, “let’s go over there and beat the drum in their faces and see if we can’t get them to say something racist”.

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2019, 09:40 PM
And sure enough, here’s video of the old guy approaching them, not the other way around.

https://www.twitter.com/mariajudy_/status/1086681831804674048

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2019, 09:45 PM
https://www.twitter.com/Sambyhere/status/1086825174173913089

Brian4Liberty
01-19-2019, 09:51 PM
https://www.twitter.com/TravisAllen02/status/1086745206114918400

Wooden Indian
01-19-2019, 10:57 PM
Looks rather peaceful to me. Laughter, song, and a little dance. What the hell are they expecting a bunch of kids to do here?

Fricking Liberals.

oyarde
01-19-2019, 11:03 PM
Looks rather peaceful to me. Laughter, song, and a little dance. What the hell are they expecting a bunch of kids to do here?

Fricking Liberals.

Damn kids should be working or serving me beer .

Golding
01-20-2019, 12:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX801xLSFY

Danke
01-20-2019, 12:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX801xLSFY

Another one of Zip's threads backfires on him.

enhanced_deficit
01-20-2019, 12:36 AM
Won't be surpsrised if turned ot to be fakenews/semi-fakenews.

On a side note, the youngsters gathering filmed here probably won't bget play at NBC or MSM TV channels... almost no diversity like a recent Canadian TV show I watched where all characters were white. Never seen anything like that on any US TV shows.

Brian4Liberty
01-20-2019, 01:21 AM
As reported by MSM, this is certainly fake news. And they are still reporting it falsely.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-20-2019, 01:24 AM
Don't expect Zippy to return to the thread now that the narrative has fallen apart. Or maybe he will now that I've mentioned it. Tune in next time to find out!

dannno
01-20-2019, 01:43 AM
Boys are getting doxed, death threats.. all cause the fake news lied and said they surrounded him, intimidated him and chanted "Build the Wall". Turns out video footage shows the drummer approached them, the drummer was never surrounded or intimidated. I have not heard any audio of any "build the wall" chants.

They were standing there waiting for a bus.

"Fake news didn't end with WMDs. Fake news goes beyond Trump. Fake news effects all of us."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIxv9cssc9E

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-20-2019, 03:17 AM
Here's the full two-hour video of the encounter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_gcr34
As you can see, absolutely nothing that was initially alleged actually happened. They didn't surround the Indian, they didn't chant "build the wall" and the Indian guy went up to THEM. This story is pure bullshit from start to finish.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 06:30 AM
There is great lore attached to Native American Indians and their ancestors, fact is they were
horribly vicious killers, continually warring and massacring rival tribes, killing beautiful Eagles
to satisfy their religious beliefs , and stampeding Buffalo off cliffs, saints , hlll no.They are viewed
today as absolute saints, that is complete blsht , they were and are like the rest of us; 'humans' .
As for the MMM, and the lies they concoct to demonize whites, we know their agenda but we'll
never see the corrections and the 'snopes' 'fact check' entities never expose their lies.

phill4paul
01-20-2019, 07:45 AM
You know what I like about RPF? No sooner does progressive emotion, driven by media spin, pop up on social media that I come here and find the truth, whole truth, nothing but the truth. And force the progressives to just shut the hell up.

Thank you, RPF's.

phill4paul
01-20-2019, 07:48 AM
There is great lore attached to Native American Indians and their ancestors, fact is they were
horribly vicious killers, continually warring and massacring rival tribes, killing beautiful Eagles
to satisfy their religious beliefs , and stampeding Buffalo off cliffs, saints , hlll no.They are viewed
today as absolute saints, that is complete blsht , they were and are like the rest of us; 'humans' .
As for the MMM, and the lies they concoct to demonize whites, we know their agenda but we'll
never see the corrections and the 'snopes' 'fact check' entities never expose their lies.

Killing eagles wasn't really a thing. The driving buffalo off cliffs? That was brilliant. Personally, I prefer horribly vicious killers. It's those painfully polite killer that chap my ass.

juleswin
01-20-2019, 08:39 AM
I will like to point out that these kids are wise beyond their age, they kept their cool throughout the whole interaction. I am not sure how my 17- 18 yr old self will react about some old man beating a drum 2 cm away from my face for 5 mins.

If they are fortunate, time they will out grow the stupid MAGA hat too :)

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 08:46 AM
Killing eagles wasn't really a thing. The driving buffalo off cliffs? That was brilliant. Personally, I prefer horribly vicious killers. It's those painfully polite killer that chap my ass.

bs on all accounts;
-Killing Eagles 'was a thing'
-Driving Buffalos off a cliff was brilliant if you like to
see animals die a long, drawn out, painful death, for hours and days.
-'Kinder gentler machine gun' right.........

phill4paul
01-20-2019, 08:54 AM
bs on all accounts;
-Killing Eagles 'was a thing'
-Driving Buffalos off a cliff was brilliant if you like to
see animals die a long, drawn out, painful death, for hours and days.
-'Kinder gentler machine gun' right.........

Lol. Carry on.

spudea
01-20-2019, 09:29 AM
I wonder if Zippyjuan has the decency to correct this disgusting fake story. The entire report is a lie.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 10:19 AM
I wonder if @Zippyjuan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=17293) has the decency to correct this disgusting fake story. The entire report is a lie.
That also occurred to me, where'd he goooooo..........:frog:

oyarde
01-20-2019, 10:27 AM
I will like to point out that these kids are wise beyond their age, they kept their cool throughout the whole interaction. I am not sure how my 17- 18 yr old self will react about some old man beating a drum 2 cm away from my face for 5 mins.

I wonder if Zip still has a Mondale hat ?

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 10:29 AM
Lol. Carry on.
Comon' man, don't you wanta' start WWIII over this...
I hear ya/
:frog: :shrugs:

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 12:30 PM
I wonder if Zip still has a Mondale hat ?

''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to oyarde again.''

Anti Globalist
01-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Apparently a kid wearing a MAGA hat and smiling is the lefts newest nightmare.

AuH20
01-20-2019, 12:55 PM
I have a soft spot for the Natives as well. But they were savage if not ruthless as the whites that wiped them out. The Comanche especially come to mind. who gang-raped women when the opportunity presented itself.

spudea
01-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Zippyjuan you are responsible for death threats and violence against these children

https://i.redd.it/3sd4vndnpkb21.jpg

RJB
01-20-2019, 01:52 PM
There are some Lefties really freaking out over this. In reality, this is one of the calmest protest/counter protest that I have seen. However, if I say this, some on the internet call me a Nazi. This country's level of outrage is at stupid levels.

angelatc
01-20-2019, 01:53 PM

Says the guy wearing the Che shirt. :rolleyes:

angelatc
01-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Worth a read, Zippyjuan

What makes a liberal want to punch a child? (https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/)

The progressive media doesn’t care about what really happened when it has white boys in MAGA caps to hate

BuzzFeed had just two anonymous sources, purportedly in ‘law-enforcement,’ for its story, which a few brave souls found to be rather too little to justify the attendant hype. The contrarians appear to have been right, but what BuzzFeed misreported was so perfectly attuned to elite and progressive anti-Trump sensibilities that no hesitation was necessary before accepting the tale as true.

Read the whole thing: https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/

But try to imagine for a minute that instead of black separatist leader ‘General Yahanna’ (for it seems to be he) asking teens, ‘You proud of sodomy? You look like a product of sodomy!’, someone in a MAGA hat saying that. Do you think it would get a little more coverage? Do you think Reza Aslan would start fantasizing about tossing punches? I can tell you for damn sure he’s not going to punch General Yahanna, and not just for reasons of political correctness. It’s a lot easier to bully high-school student than angry militants.

​Time will reveal what really happened between the Covington students and Phillips, though it may be too late to give them justice. If they’re guilty of what liberals assume, of taunting and provoking Phillips, then they deserve harsh punishment by their school. But with the climate of outrage that’s been created around these Catholic teenagers already, the school may not want to look too closely, lest it find itself forced to fight for the truth rather than submitting to the power of the righteous narrative — a costly battle, and the enforcers of correct opinion know it. They count on it. They don’t need all the facts when they already know the people they want to hate.

https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/ - the whole thing, people!!!

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 02:06 PM
https://i.redd.it/3sd4vndnpkb21.jpg

Enough talk and threats.

Throw down, you miserable sacks of shit, quit your shit talking nonsense and lets light this fucking candle, before I'm too old to take a bunch of you worthless pricks straight to hell with me.

Origanalist
01-20-2019, 02:08 PM
Slippy Zippy, The Buzzfeed of RPF's.

Origanalist
01-20-2019, 02:09 PM
Enough talk and threats.

Throw down, you miserable sacks of shit, quit your shit talking nonsense and lets light this fucking candle, before I'm too old to take a bunch of you worthless pricks straight to hell with me.

https://pics.me.me/your-face-when-yourealize-bike-yourenolongerontheinternet-lmgflip-com-uh-oh-we-21715671.png

pcosmar
01-20-2019, 02:13 PM
I have a soft spot for the Natives as well. But they were savage if not ruthless as the whites that wiped them out. .

Apparently Not.. or history would be written in Native American rather than English.

James_Madison_Lives
01-20-2019, 02:15 PM
The Indian closed on them that's what Indians do.

juleswin
01-20-2019, 02:18 PM
Says the guy wearing the Che shirt. :rolleyes:

Except that I have never worn a Che shirt in my life. My online persona has Che avatar and I can shed my online profile tomorrow and start afresh with the same characteristics minus the che avatar. On the other hand, that pic with those kids wearing a stupid MAGA head live forever on the internet.

That is the difference between what they are doing and what I am doing :D

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 02:18 PM
https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/ - the whole thing, people!!!

The whole thing, below:

What makes a liberal want to punch a child?

https://spectator.us/liberal-punch-child/

8:15 AM

If someone walks up to you and bangs a drum in your face, are you guilty of harassing the drummer? You might be if you’re white and wearing a MAGA hat. Just a day after rushing to judgment about a BuzzFeed story that claimed President Trump had instructed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress — a story Robert Mueller’s own office subsequently debunked, the blue-checkmark media elite had a new instant narrative to promote. It was a tale perfectly tailored to liberal biases: white Catholic teenagers in MAGA hats had harassed an old and frail Indian veteran during the March for Life, which was also the date of an Indigenous People’s March.

​BuzzFeed had just two anonymous sources, purportedly in ‘law-enforcement,’ for its story, which a few brave souls found to be rather too little to justify the attendant hype. The contrarians appear to have been right, but what BuzzFeed misreported was so perfectly attuned to elite and progressive anti-Trump sensibilities that no hesitation was necessary before accepting the tale as true.

No lessons were learned from the story’s collapse, either, to judge by the frenzy that next broke out from the same sort of people over the case of Covington Catholic High School and Native American activist Nathan Phillips. Once again, enlightened opinion did not wait on much evidence before reaching a verdict: a one-minute video clip of a teen in a red MAGA hat smirking right in front of Phillips while the elder beat a hand drum and sang was all the proof required. This was a hate-motivated outrage perpetrated by white Trump supporters. Case closed.

The narrative assumed that the Covington boys had surrounded Philips and stood right in his face, grinning in silent insult. When a second video seemed to show that it was in fact Phillips who had approached the teens, it received even less attention — much as those few voices of caution about BuzzFeed’s fable were ignored by the true believers. But there are more videos, including one that’s nine-minutes long and provides a great deal of interesting context.

The teen is not smirking in this clip, and Phillips has an entourage with cameras. One of the Native activists argues with a Covington teen, who argues back. This and other clips have shown the Indian activists racially taunting the teens, saying things like ‘go back to Europe.’ Phillips has claimed that the teens were chanting ‘build the wall!,’ but that isn’t in any of the videos that circulated Saturday. Based on what can actually be seen and heard, it’s looks as if Phillips and his crew sought out Catholic teenagers and tried to make them uncomfortable. And of course, they recorded it. (Notably, however, both the American Indian protesters and the Covington teens rein in the activist and teenager who get into a shouting match. An appropriate attempt at restraint was has been completely ignored.)

The videos appear to depict more than one engagement between the Indians and the Catholic teens, and without knowing which happened first, and what circumstances led to the first encounter, it’s hard to form any conclusions, if fairness is your objective. Maybe the teens chanted ‘Build the wall!’ or something else at the Indian activists, which prompted Phillips to approach them. But so far, there’s no evidence to support that scenario, only the words of Phillips and his associates. That hasn’t stopped blue-checkmark media figures like former CNN blatherskite Reza Aslan from not only branding the teens as racists but in Aslan’s case musing about inflicting violence on them:

​Rhetorical questions about punching kids? Imagine the response of Aslan’s professional friends if he’d asked that about, say, one of the high schoolers campaigning for gun control after the Parkland, Florida shootings. Or imagine Aslan saying that about any teenager who’s not wearing a MAGA hat. Nonviolence and protecting children don’t apply when you’re an enemy to the woke, enlightened left. And another double-standard bears mention, as well: watch the rest of the nine-minute video with the Covington teens after the encounter with the Indian activists. Also on the scene are a group of Black Hebrew Israelites, a crackpot sect that takes this occasion to spew gay-baiting rhetoric at the Covington teenagers. This part of the Covington’s teens’ experience in Washington, D.C. has somehow gone unmentioned in most media, and the social justice enforcers on Twitter have not paid any attention at all to the hate explicitly vented here — certainly nothing like the outrage lavished on the Phillips-Covington incident.

But try to imagine for a minute that instead of black separatist leader ‘General Yahanna’ (for it seems to be he) asking teens, ‘You proud of sodomy? You look like a product of sodomy!’, someone in a MAGA hat saying that. Do you think it would get a little more coverage? Do you think Reza Aslan would start fantasizing about tossing punches? I can tell you for damn sure he’s not going to punch General Yahanna, and not just for reasons of political correctness. It’s a lot easier to bully high-school student than angry militants.

​Time will reveal what really happened between the Covington students and Phillips, though it may be too late to give them justice. If they’re guilty of what liberals assume, of taunting and provoking Phillips, then they deserve harsh punishment by their school. But with the climate of outrage that’s been created around these Catholic teenagers already, the school may not want to look too closely, lest it find itself forced to fight for the truth rather than submitting to the power of the righteous narrative — a costly battle, and the enforcers of correct opinion know it. They count on it. They don’t need all the facts when they already know the people they want to hate.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 02:21 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxXYreYWsAIs8e6.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 02:22 PM
To answer the [b]'s question:

By being a (I assume) Trump supporting young white man.

dannno
01-20-2019, 02:32 PM
Apparently Not.. or history would be written in Native American rather than English.

The vast majority of the Native population died from diseases that spread across the entire continent.. when westward expansion began, they had largely already been wiped out. No evidence they came from blankets, either.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 02:40 PM

Occam's Banana
01-20-2019, 02:42 PM
To answer the [b]'s question:

By being a (I assume) Trump supporting young white man.

Fixed. (I would also strike "young", but "kid" was specified in the question, so ...)

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Fixed. (I would also strike "young", but "kid" was specified in the question, so ...)

+rep

Occam's Banana
01-20-2019, 03:00 PM
BuzzFeed had just two anonymous sources, purportedly in ‘law-enforcement,’ for its story, which a few brave souls found to be rather too little to justify the attendant hype. The contrarians appear to have been right, but what BuzzFeed misreported was so perfectly attuned to elite and progressive anti-Trump sensibilities that no hesitation was necessary before accepting the tale as true.

Aaaaaannnnnnnnnnndd thisgoeshere ...

https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/933464593175015424

juleswin
01-20-2019, 03:00 PM

Do you really believe that this "young white man" would have gotten the same reaction if he was wearing Bernie hat instead? There is something about Trump and his supporters that make certain people's blood boil.

Occam's Banana
01-20-2019, 03:29 PM
Do you really believe that this "young white man" would have gotten the same reaction if he was wearing Bernie hat instead?

Yes, I do. Especially since Bernie and his "Bros" are in the process of becoming personae non grata on the left ...

There is something about Trump and his supporters that make certain people's blood boil.

You need to add the word "more" to the end of that sentence.

The mavens of perpetual, spluttering outrage braying about this incident don't need Trump or his supporters to get their blood boiling about it.

The Trump angle just lowers the boiling point ...

juleswin
01-20-2019, 03:34 PM
Yes, I do. Especially since Bernie and his "Bros" are in the process of becoming personae non grata on the left ...

I don't believe it and a part of me doesn't even think you believe it. But that is actually beside the point. AF post was right and did not need fxing, the reason why they came after him was because of politics not race or gender.

You can factor out just about everything in that scenario but the stupid MAGA hat and that crowd would treat him the same way. There are some extreme exception but we all know exceptions don't make the rule :)

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 03:51 PM
I have a soft spot for the Natives as well. But they were savage if not ruthless as the whites that wiped them out. The Comanche especially come to mind. who gang-raped women when the opportunity presented itself.

I agree, Indians, Mexicans, love em, great people.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 03:54 PM
Does anyone else remember being in high school, if the teacher looked
left instead of right when he walked in the door we thought it was
hysterical, you can't keep a straight face in high school unless
you're caught smoking.

Occam's Banana
01-20-2019, 03:58 PM
I don't believe it and a part of me doesn't even think you believe it.

Believe as you will. Please return the courtesy by not presuming to tell me what I believe.

But that is actually beside the point. AF post was right and did not need fxing, the reason why they came after him was because of politics not race or gender.

You can factor out just about everything in that scenario but the stupid MAGA hat and that crowd would treat him the same way. There are some extreme exception but we all know exceptions don't make the rule :)

Lighten up, Che. You are way over-analyzing a throwaway bit of snark.

But since you went there ...

Your assertion that "You can factor out just about everything in that scenario but the stupid MAGA hat and that crowd would treat him the same way" is some kind of evidence that this incident was not about race or gender constitutes a fallacy of denying the antecedent. Even if it is the case that the MAGA hat alone could have been sufficient to have caused the reaction, it does not follow that only the MAGA hat could have caused it (i.e., that it could only be "because of politics not race or gender").

euphemia
01-20-2019, 04:08 PM
Zippy, you are about to embarrass yourself right into oblivion.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 04:08 PM
I don't believe it and a part of me doesn't even think you believe it. But that is actually beside the point. AF post was right and did not need fxing, the reason why they came after him was because of politics not race or gender.

What have you got against MAGA?

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:17 PM
Zippy, you are about to embarrass yourself right into oblivion.

Zippy has no shame, that's why he should be banned, he won't go away or stop posting lies.

A Son of Liberty
01-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Zippy has no shame, that's why he should be banned, he won't go away or stop posting lies.

Irony, thy name is Swordsmyth.

euphemia
01-20-2019, 04:26 PM
I guess the msm has convinced you all that there was nothing going on this weekend other than a couple of women’s marches and the indigenous peopls’ event.

Nobody bothered (hear me Zippy) to do their homework. There were pro-life marches all around the country that were ignored, or grossly underreported by msm. It happens every year.

At least bother to check out a story before launching into tirades and false accusations. Those kids were mighty courageous to travel for hours and stand out there in the bitter cold and then be heckled by a ridiculous old man, and they are derided on the internet for behaving with more courtesy than most kids have.

I’m poking my finger in your chest Zippy. Cut it out. You are a pathetic, small minded man.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:28 PM
Irony, thy name is Swordsmyth.
Team troll members stick together through thick and thin.

angelatc
01-20-2019, 04:28 PM
There is something about Trump and his supporters that make certain people's blood boil.

That's what makes them horrible people. The intolerant left. The proof is right there in the picture posted earlier in the thread: the left will happily put bullets in the head of anybody who dares openly dissent with their progressive agenda.

A Son of Liberty
01-20-2019, 04:35 PM

You're clearly here to portray the liberty movement as pro-Trump, and hopefully convert true libertarians to your cause. You're the troll, and I'm perfectly happy pointing it out whenever I get the chance.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:39 PM
You're clearly here to portray the liberty movement as pro-Trump, and hopefully convert true libertarians to your cause. You're the troll, and I'm perfectly happy pointing it out whenever I get the chance.
You are here to convince everyone that libertarians are leftist anarchists and drive as many people away as possible, you are the troll.

Tinnuhana
01-20-2019, 04:40 PM
Okay. I get it that Snopes can't be trusted, but this seems fairly balanced: https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/01/20/native-american-says-he-tried-to-ease-tensions-at-mall/

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:44 PM
Okay. I get it that Snopes can't be trusted, but this seems fairly balanced: https://www.snopes.com/ap/2019/01/20/native-american-says-he-tried-to-ease-tensions-at-mall/
If you believe Phillips.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:46 PM

If you believe Phillips.
They didn't bother to give the MAGA kids a chance to tell their side.

A Son of Liberty
01-20-2019, 04:51 PM

You are here to convince everyone that libertarians are leftist anarchists and drive as many people away as possible, you are the troll.

I'm here to support a Ron Paul political agenda and for good, legitimate debate and discussion, and that fact is in evidence by what I post. Just as your agenda is clear by what you post.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:53 PM
I'm here to support a Ron Paul political agenda and for good, legitimate debate and discussion, and that fact is in evidence by what I post. Just as your agenda is clear by what you post.
LOL

A Son of Liberty
01-20-2019, 04:56 PM
LOL

Compelling.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 04:57 PM
Compelling.
Just like your post.

euphemia
01-20-2019, 05:01 PM
I don’t believe the Snopes report. Dude is backpeddling. The Covington students were being harassed everywhere. Some kind of black Hebrew group was there, and was reported as having spit on one of the students. That’s assault. Phillips was way out of line. If he wanted to diffused the situation he could have stayed out of it. But that would have been the adult thing to do.

I’m not sure where the group’s chaperones were. That’s a bit of a concern.

People jumped on the social media account of this story so fast school admin was ready to expel the students. Not so fair to teens who raised their own money to come to the rally.

Social media and msm are not reliable sources for news.

A Son of Liberty
01-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Just like your post.

Your posting history says it all.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Your posting history says it all.
Yes it does, and so does yours.

A Son of Liberty
01-20-2019, 05:11 PM
Yes it does, and so does yours.

👍

//

pcosmar
01-20-2019, 05:11 PM
The vast majority of the Native population died from diseases that spread across the entire continent.. when westward expansion began, they had largely already been wiped out. No evidence they came from blankets, either.

My hometown was founded By Fr. Marquette before the US existed and long before any western expansion..

Seems that some people were able to interact peacefully with the indigenous people. and some people were not.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:13 PM
My hometown was founded By Fr. Marquette before the US existed and long before any western expansion..

Seems that some people were able to interact peacefully with the indigenous people. and some people were not.
The same goes for the natives, some of them were peaceful and others were rabid.

AuH20
01-20-2019, 05:14 PM
You don't have to be affiliated with MAGA to loath progressives and Marxists. Many of these people are vermin. Sure, there are some real liberals, mixed in, but they are few and far between.

pcosmar
01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
The same goes for the natives, some of them were peaceful and others were rabid.

Rabid to English but not to French..
Respond better to trade than Demands.

I would guess that they were just highly anti-authoritarian.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:16 PM
Nathan Phillips, the Native American man at the center of the controversy involving Covington Catholic High School students who were unfairly smeared by the media (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/video-evidence-shows-lying-media-falsely-slimed-teenagers-for-interaction-with-native-american-man-at-march-for-life/), is raising money with the help of a major big-money left-wing operation, and has a history of appearing in the press claiming to be a victim of anti-Native racism.
“[Phillips] is a Vietnam Veteran and former director of the Native Youth Alliance,” according to Heavy. (https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nathan-phillips/)
The Native Youth Alliance appears to be a standalone entity. However, the larger well-funded Native Youth Leadership Alliance — which told us that it is not associated with Phillips — is currently promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign stemming from the incident with the Catholic teens.
The Native Youth Leadership Alliance (https://nativeyouthleadership.org/) (NYLA) is a non-profit organization that is funded by the same far-left power players who are often involved in bankrolling leftist causes. The organization’s funding partners (https://nativeyouthleadership.org/funding-partners/) include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and the Social Justice Fund Northwest.

The homepage for the NYLA is promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-1.52.03-PM.png
The point is this: Phillips is not simply a random Native man who was accosted by “racist” MAGA-hat wearing teens, as the mainstream press has reported. He is connected to leftist activists who donate large sums to leftist causes. And now, he is personally fundraising off the mainstream press’ misdeeds.
Given that the full, unedited video of the interaction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sIG5ZB0fw1k) between Phillips and the students shows that Phillips clearly approached the students, and given that he is connected to left-wing social justice causes, one could conclude that he targeted the teenagers for their support of President Donald J. Trump. Yet the mainstream press narrative is exactly the opposite – that the boys targeted Phillips.
Additionally, this is not the first time that Phillips has been at the center of controversy involving alleged racism against the Native Population. In 2015, Phillips claimed that he was “bombarded by racial slurs” by students at Eastern Michigan University.
Fox2 reported (http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/native-american-claims-racial-harassment-by-emu-students-dressed-as-indians):

An Ypsilanti man says he was trying to teach a few students dressed in American Indian theme party about respecting Native Americans.
Not long afterward, Nathan Phillips said that an interaction with party-goers and students turned ugly.
Nathan Phillips says he was out for a noon walk on a Saturday in mid-April
He walked by a home where he saw Eastern Michigan University students dressed as Native Americans.
“They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by,” Phillips said. “A group of them said ‘Come on over, come here.'”
He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.
“They had their face painted,” Phillips said. “I said what the heck is going on here. ‘Oh we are honoring you.’ I said no you are not honoring me.”
It was a statement he says they took offense to.
“Then started whooping and hollering,” he said. “I said that wasn’t honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly.”
Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.
“(They said) ‘Go back to the reservation, you blank indian,'” he said.
One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.
“If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head,” he said. “I backed up and it hit me in the chest.”

Phillips has proven himself to be something of a leftist activist, and the mainstream press, which still has egg on its face from the embarrassing Thursday display accusing Trump of directing his personal lawyer to lie to the Senate, ought to be treading more lightly.
Instead, the press has decided to vilify teenaged boys, who did nothing wrong, in yet another despicable display.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclusive-native-man-who-harassed-catholic-teens-linked-to-big-money-left-wing-activism/

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:19 PM
Rabid to English but not to French..
Respond better to trade than Demands.

I would guess that they were just highly anti-authoritarian.
Some of them were just rabid, they weren't all the same nor were they somehow more virtuous than Europeans, they did horrible things to eachother long before the white man came.

euphemia
01-20-2019, 05:20 PM
So the victim with the drum has no credibility. There you go.

juleswin
01-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Believe as you will. Please return the courtesy by not presuming to tell me what I believe.

So is it a throwaway bit of snark or do you believe it. I can understand if you are using hyperbole or sarcasm for shock and entertainment value. So my previous post stands, I know you said it but I as a person who has been on this forum with you for years do not THINK you believe that the trigger issue in that story is anything but politics.

Lighten up, Che. You are way over-analyzing a throwaway bit of snark.

I am not over analyzing anything, AF original statement was true, it did not need any further analyzing and I was speaking up for it(for the record, AF did NOT ask me to interject, I did it without consulting him)

But since you went there ...

Your assertion that "You can factor out just about everything in that scenario but the stupid MAGA hat and that crowd would treat him the same way" is some kind of evidence that this incident was not about race or gender constitutes a fallacy of denying the antecedent. Even if it is the case that the MAGA hat alone could have been sufficient to have caused the reaction, it does not follow that only the MAGA hat could have caused it (i.e., that it could only be "because of politics not race or gender").

No, not even going there with you. So even if this is a fallacy, the argument is still solid, I am saying that if you set up a control experiement, the one factor that will always lead to this outcome 99 out of a 100 runs will have a MAGA hat/politics in it.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:25 PM
A GoFundMe is now active to raise money to help the Covington Catholic high school students who have been attacked by the mainstream media, doxxed, and subjected to violent threats. (HERE’S THE LINK (https://www.gofundme.com/support-covington-catholic-after-fake-news-attack)).

The Covington students could file lawsuits in their defense if they are expelled or can prove libel on the part of the mainstream media. The GoFundMe has set a goal of $1 million.

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/breaking-gofundme-launched-to-support-the-covington-catholic-students/

AuH20
01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Some of them were just rabid, they weren't all the same nor were they somehow more virtuous than Europeans, they did horrible things to eachother long before the white man came.

Yep. Noble Savage is largely a myth. Granted, there were tribes more civilized than others.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Here is the story from one of the Covington Catholic students themselves:

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Covington-Catholic-Adam-Clements-1-Twitter-01192019.jpg

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Covington-Catholic-Adam-Clements-2-Twitter-01192019.jpg

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/incriminate-us-as-a-publicity-stunt-read-the-full-story-from-one-of-the-covington-catholic-students/

juleswin
01-20-2019, 05:29 PM
That's what makes them horrible people. The intolerant left. The proof is right there in the picture posted earlier in the thread: the left will happily put bullets in the head of anybody who dares openly dissent with their progressive agenda.

Yep, can't argue with that. Btw, getting death threat on the internet is not all its cracked up to me, its easy to send and virtually nothing ever comes out of it. I remember all the people in gamergate that were getting death threats, some git 1000s of death threats and nothing ever happened to any of em.

Not condoning it but people get super ballzy when they are behind a keyboard.

pcosmar
01-20-2019, 05:29 PM

"White" men did horrible things to "white" men.. if there were such men..

"White" is a description given by the State. Though it is a poor description since not even albinos are really white.

It is still a pointless description,, used only for the division of people,, for control purpose. It is a pointless descriptor in intelegent discussion.

The State defines me as White. I am Human.. and a Descendant of Adam.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:32 PM
"White" men did horrible things to "white" men.. if there were such men..

"White" is a description given by the State. Though it is a poor description since not even albinos are really white.

It is still a pointless description,, used only for the division of people,, for control purpose. It is a pointless descriptor in intelegent discussion.

The State defines me as White. I am Human.. and a Descendant of Adam.
The Injuns called us the "white man", they seemed to think there was a significant difference, if you don't like it then go talk to them.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 05:36 PM

What is your objection to MAGA hats?

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:38 PM
They don't have Che's picture on them.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 05:40 PM
ha ha......
:frog:

juleswin
01-20-2019, 05:41 PM

Hmm, its political propaganda. For example MAGA front man is busy saying how he wants to defend Israel 1000% when our relation to Israel has cost the country in lives and treasure combine this with the many other anti American policy he promotes. The person who came up with the slogan doesn't even believe it.

That is my problem with MAGA hat

juleswin
01-20-2019, 05:42 PM

See reply 102

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Hmm, its political propaganda. For example MAGA front man is busy saying how he wants to defend Israel 1000% when our relation to Israel has cost the country in lives and treasure combine this with the many other anti American policy he promotes. The person who came up with the slogan doesn't even believe it.

I'll give you your Israel stance, I agree, but the rest of it is anecdotal blsht,
can you back up any thing else you've just said here?

Dr.3D
01-20-2019, 05:53 PM
Anymore, I don't believe much of anything I see anywhere.

For all I know, a bunch of leftists could put on MAGA hats and then stage an incident and then point at Trump and complain.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 05:56 PM
A top Democrat has called for a ban on teenagers wearing Make America Great Again hats in response to the debunked viral video alleging a group of pro-Trump Catholic students were harassing a Native American activist.
House Budget Committee chair Rep. John Yarmuth (D-Ky.) blamed President Trump for the ordeal, claiming that his MAGA hats are “poisoning young minds.”
“I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what is going on. They seem to be poisoning young minds,” he tweeted Sunday.

I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of teenagers wearing MAGA hats until we can figure out what is going on. They seem to be poisoning young minds. [1/2] https://t.co/yq5bLd4kE2
— Rep. John Yarmuth (@RepJohnYarmuth) January 20, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RepJohnYarmuth/status/1087008928909742081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
“The conduct we saw in this video is beyond appalling, but it didn’t happen in a vacuum. This is a direct result of the racist hatred displayed daily by the President of the United States who, sadly, some mistake for a role model.”

The conduct we saw in this video is beyond appalling, but it didn’t happen in a vacuum. This is a direct result of the racist hatred displayed daily by the President of the United States who, sadly, some mistake for a role model. [2/2]
— Rep. John Yarmuth (@RepJohnYarmuth) January 20, 2019 (https://twitter.com/RepJohnYarmuth/status/1087008930193162242?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

More at: https://www.newswars.com/top-democrat-ban-teens-from-wearing-maga-hats-claims-poisoning-young-minds/

juleswin
01-20-2019, 05:57 PM
I'll give you your Israel stance, I agree, but the rest of it is anecdotal blsht,
can you back up any thing else you've just said here?

What persnal anecdote did I use in that last post? Didn't know I used one in it. But how about the fact that he is running up the national debt, antagonizing Russia, continuing the NSA spying regime etc etc. He is essential a typical big govt president with a loud mouth.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 05:59 PM
What persnal anecdote did I use in that last post? Didn't know I used one in it. But how about the fact that he is running up the national debt, antagonizing Russia, continuing the NSA spying regime etc etc. He is essential a typical big govt president with a loud mouth.
Look up anecdotal, its not just your personal experiences.

juleswin
01-20-2019, 06:01 PM
Look up anecdotal, its not just your personal experiences.

Lets try again, what anecdote did I use in that last post?

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 06:05 PM
...the many other anti American policy he promotes....

-
What 'many other anti American Polices?..... and in the next post you say
that the person that came up with the hat doesn't believe in MAGA,
WUT the heck does that even matter, have you ever designed anything,
do you know what design work;
captions, cartoons, is about?

juleswin
01-20-2019, 06:11 PM
-
What 'many other anti American Polices?..... and in the next post you say
that the person that came up with the hat doesn't believe in MAGA,
WUT the heck does that even matter, have you ever designed anything,
do you know what design work;
captions, cartoons, is about?

None of what you mentioned is anectodal on my part. Yea, I generalized my problems with MAGA by saying "anti American" but to be fair, I gave you examples in my next post. I really have a problem with people who cannot admit it when they are wrong. I did not make any anecdotal statement in the post in question and its OK to admit you were wrong.

I have been wrong 1000x on this site and I will always own up to it when I am caught.

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 06:15 PM
None of what you mentioned is anectodal on my part. Yea, I generalized my problems with MAGA by saying "anti American" but to be fair, I gave you examples in my next post. I really have a problem with people who cannot admit it when they are wrong. I did not make any anecdotal statement in the post in question and its OK to admit you were wrong.

I have been wrong 1000x on this site and I will always own up to it when I am caught.
I love to admit fail, but so far you haven't backed up your claim it is more than fair to assume that
you like most liberal Americans have only feelings and what they've heard on CNN as their talking
points, show me that you are different/.
What many other anti American policies?

Stratovarious
01-20-2019, 06:24 PM

You have a great evening Jules, I've got to shift into my
Prime movies now, and beer thirty is very near,
talk to you tomorrow............

juleswin
01-20-2019, 06:25 PM
I love to admit fail, but so far you haven't backed up your claim it is more than fair to assume that
you like most liberal Americans have only feelings and what they've heard on CNN as their talking
points, show me that you are different/.
What many other anti American policies?

Running up the national debt, antagonizing Russia, continuing the NSA spying regime, the wars, staunch support for Israel, NATO and Wahhabi regimes in the ME. I can't think of any other policies atm.

But keep telling yourself you weren't wrong

juleswin
01-20-2019, 06:26 PM
You have a great evening Jules, I've got to shift into my
Prime movies now, and beer thirty is very near,
talk to you tomorrow............

Have a good day.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 06:32 PM

I want to make it very clear once again, regarding this.

I used to think you were wrong on this, that your stance was too polarized, too partisan and too divisive.

I used to think that people would be willing to set aside agendas, hatreds, prejudices and biases to come together under a banner of liberty and freedom and limited government.

I was wrong.

Very wrong.

The emboldened Marxist left, having replaced class with race, identity and gender as the banners of totalitarian collectivism, have now made it clear that a murderous Jabcobin purge of white western people and anyone associated with them, is their ultimate dream and goal.

There can be, nor should there ever be, any common cause attempted with evil people like this.

They are the enemy and a clear and present danger.

specsaregood
01-20-2019, 06:38 PM
There can be, nor should there ever be, any common cause attempted with evil people like this.

And it becomes even clearer every single day.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 06:39 PM
I want to make it very clear once again, regarding this.

I used to think you were wrong on this, that your stance was too polarized, too partisan and too divisive.

I used to think that people would be willing to set aside agendas, hatreds, prejudices and biases to come together under a banner of liberty and freedom and limited government.

I was wrong.

Very wrong.

The emboldened Marxist left, having replaced class with race, identity and gender as the banners of totalitarian collectivism, have now made it clear that a murderous Jabcobin purge of white western people and anyone associated with them, is their ultimate dream and goal.

+Rep

Only separation or bloodshed will save us and separation will almost assuredly lead to bloodshed.

The tree of liberty is thirsty.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 06:41 PM

So, not only is the whole narrative false, but the only people exhibiting "hate" were the leftists, by calling the schoolkids "fagggots".

euphemia
01-20-2019, 06:43 PM
So, not only is the whole narrative false, but the only people exhibiting "hate" were the leftists, by calling the schoolkids "fagggots".

Precisely. The only thing worse than being Christian is being pro-life and Christian.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Leftists don't hate, everything they do is an act of love.:rolleyes:

James_Madison_Lives
01-20-2019, 06:52 PM
With the truth characteristically mangled all over the place it's seems a good time for a fresh update with the truth lying somewhere in between. No, the kids didn't march up to the Indians and get in their face, like it's been reported, but it seems they were making asses of themselves in group jeers and shouting matches with the Black Israelites, the third group which was there. You can see the kids getting pumped up and drowning out anyone who might have been speaking nearby, not nice. I know these lily white Catholic school type, boys, who feel quite entitled if they see a Black Lives Matter or anything that looks like it, to disrupt with their own smart-ass antics. Just my experience, tell me I am full of it if you want. Don't care. The long video versions seem to support this, to my eyes. This is when Phillips says he felt obliged to step in between the two groups, so yes he did make the move toward the kid, not the other way around. Truth matters. But below is what he had to say.

https://youtu.be/t3EC1_gcr34

In the end no punches were thrown and all sides showed admirable restraint, in my opinion. The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant. So what. What is interesting is how the Zionist media seems hell bent on twisting this around making us all hate each other, and we forget all about the Israeli agenda in Syria using American lives. That should be one and only take-away. That and there should be some lawsuits on the way.

https://content.newsinc.com/jpg/1810/34427727/81677134.jpg

http://trumpforums.com/index.php?topic=6548.0

Native American says he tried to ease tensions at Mall

DETROIT (AP) -- A Native American who was seen in online video being taunted outside the Lincoln Memorial said Sunday he felt compelled to get between two groups with his ceremonial drum to defuse a confrontation.

Nathan Phillips said in an interview with The Associated Press that he was trying to keep peace between some Kentucky high school students and a black religious group that was also on the National Mall on Friday. The students were participating in the March for Life, which drew thousands of anti-abortion protesters, and Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples March happening the same day.
"Something caused me to put myself between (them) — it was black and white," said Phillips, who lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan. "What I saw was my country being torn apart. I couldn't stand by and let that happen."

Videos show a youth standing very close to Phillips and staring at him as he sang and played the drum. Other students — some in "Make America Great Again" hats and sweatshirts — were chanting, laughing and jeering.

Other videos also showed members of the religious group, who appear to be affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return. Video also shows the Native Americans being insulted by the small religious group as well.

The U.S. Park Police, who have authority for security on the Mall, were not taking calls from media during the partial government shutdown.

In a joint statement , the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School apologized and said they are investigating and will take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion."

"We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips," the diocese statement read. "This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person."

As of Sunday morning, Covington Catholic's Facebook page was not available and its Twitter feed was set to private. Calls to the school went unanswered Sunday.

According to the "Indian Country Today" website, Phillips is an Omaha elder and Vietnam War veteran who holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans at Arlington National Cemetery.

Phillips said it was a difficult end to an otherwise great day, in which his group sought to highlight injustices against native people worldwide through marching and prayer. He said his first interaction with the students came when they entered an area permitted for the Indigenous Peoples March.

"They were making remarks to each other ... (such as) 'In my state those Indians are nothing but a bunch of drunks.' How do I report that?" he said. "These young people were just roughshodding through our space, like what's been going on for 500 years here — just walking through our territories, feeling like 'this is ours."

Nearby, the black religious activists were speaking about being the only true Israelites. Phillips said group members called the Native Americans "sell-outs."

Marcus Frejo, a member of the Pawnee and Seminole tribes who is also known as Chief Quese Imc, said he had been a part of the march and was among a small group of people remaining after the rally when the boisterous students began chanting slogans such as "make America great" and then began doing the haka, a traditional Maori dance. In a phone interview, Frejo told the AP he felt they were mocking the dance.

One 11-minute video of the confrontation shows the Haka dance and students loudly chanting before Phillips and Frejo approached them.
Frejo said he joined Phillips to defuse the situation, singing the anthem from the American Indian Movement with both men beating out the tempo on hand drums.

During the incident, Phillips said he heard people chanting "Build that wall" or yelling, "Go back to the reservation." At one point, he said, he sought to ascend to the Lincoln statue and "pray for our country." Some students backed off, but one student wouldn't let him move, he added.

Although he feared the crowd could turn ugly, Frejo said he was at peace singing despite the scorn. He briefly felt something special happen as they sang.

"They went from mocking us and laughing at us to singing with us. I heard it three times," Frejo said. "That spirit moved through us, that drum, and it slowly started to move through some of those youths."

Eventually, a calm fell over the gathering and it broke up.

The videos prompted a torrent of outrage online. Actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that the footage "brought me to tears," while actor Chris Evans tweeted that the students' actions were "appalling" and "shameful."

Covington Catholic High School, in the northern Kentucky city of Park Hills, was quiet Sunday as the area remained snow-covered with temperatures in the teens. The all-male school, which has more than 580 students, appeared deserted with an empty police car parked in front of the building.

The private school's website describes its mission as being "to embrace the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in order to educate students spiritually, academically, physically and socially."

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 07:00 PM
With the truth characteristically mangled all over the place it's seems a good time for a fresh update with the truth lying somewhere in between. No, the kids didn't march up to the Indians and get in their face, like it's been reported, but it seems they were making asses of themselves in group jeers and shouting matches with the Black Israelites, the third group which was there. You can see the kids getting pumped up and drowning out anyone who might have been speaking nearby, not nice. I know these lily white Catholic school type, boys, who feel quite entitled if they see a Black Lives Matter or anything that looks like it, to disrupt with their own smart-ass antics. Just my experience, tell me I am full of it if you want. Don't care. The long video versions seem to support this, to my eyes. This is when Phillips says he felt obliged to step in between the two groups, so yes he did make the move toward the kid, not the other way around. Truth matters. But below is what he had to say.

In the end no punches were thrown and all sides showed admirable restraint, in my opinion. The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant. So what. What is interesting is how the Zionist media seems hell bent on twisting this around making us all hate each other, and we forget all about the Israeli agenda in Syria using American lives. That should be one and only take-away. That and there should be some lawsuits on the way.

https://content.newsinc.com/jpg/1810/34427727/81677134.jpg

http://trumpforums.com/index.php?topic=6548.0

Native American says he tried to ease tensions at Mall

DETROIT (AP) -- A Native American who was seen in online video being taunted outside the Lincoln Memorial said Sunday he felt compelled to get between two groups with his ceremonial drum to defuse a confrontation.

Nathan Phillips said in an interview with The Associated Press that he was trying to keep peace between some Kentucky high school students and a black religious group that was also on the National Mall on Friday. The students were participating in the March for Life, which drew thousands of anti-abortion protesters, and Phillips was attending the Indigenous Peoples March happening the same day.
"Something caused me to put myself between (them) — it was black and white," said Phillips, who lives in Ypsilanti, Michigan. "What I saw was my country being torn apart. I couldn't stand by and let that happen."

Videos show a youth standing very close to Phillips and staring at him as he sang and played the drum. Other students — some in "Make America Great Again" hats and sweatshirts — were chanting, laughing and jeering.

Other videos also showed members of the religious group, who appear to be affiliated with the Black Hebrew Israelite movement, yelling disparaging and profane insults at the students, who taunt them in return. Video also shows the Native Americans being insulted by the small religious group as well.

The U.S. Park Police, who have authority for security on the Mall, were not taking calls from media during the partial government shutdown.

In a joint statement , the Roman Catholic Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School apologized and said they are investigating and will take "appropriate action, up to and including expulsion."

"We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips," the diocese statement read. "This behavior is opposed to the Church's teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person."

As of Sunday morning, Covington Catholic's Facebook page was not available and its Twitter feed was set to private. Calls to the school went unanswered Sunday.

According to the "Indian Country Today" website, Phillips is an Omaha elder and Vietnam War veteran who holds an annual ceremony honoring Native American veterans at Arlington National Cemetery.

Phillips said it was a difficult end to an otherwise great day, in which his group sought to highlight injustices against native people worldwide through marching and prayer. He said his first interaction with the students came when they entered an area permitted for the Indigenous Peoples March.

"They were making remarks to each other ... (such as) 'In my state those Indians are nothing but a bunch of drunks.' How do I report that?" he said. "These young people were just roughshodding through our space, like what's been going on for 500 years here — just walking through our territories, feeling like 'this is ours."

Nearby, the black religious activists were speaking about being the only true Israelites. Phillips said group members called the Native Americans "sell-outs."

Marcus Frejo, a member of the Pawnee and Seminole tribes who is also known as Chief Quese Imc, said he had been a part of the march and was among a small group of people remaining after the rally when the boisterous students began chanting slogans such as "make America great" and then began doing the haka, a traditional Maori dance. In a phone interview, Frejo told the AP he felt they were mocking the dance.

One 11-minute video of the confrontation shows the Haka dance and students loudly chanting before Phillips and Frejo approached them.
Frejo said he joined Phillips to defuse the situation, singing the anthem from the American Indian Movement with both men beating out the tempo on hand drums.

During the incident, Phillips said he heard people chanting "Build that wall" or yelling, "Go back to the reservation." At one point, he said, he sought to ascend to the Lincoln statue and "pray for our country." Some students backed off, but one student wouldn't let him move, he added.

Although he feared the crowd could turn ugly, Frejo said he was at peace singing despite the scorn. He briefly felt something special happen as they sang.

"They went from mocking us and laughing at us to singing with us. I heard it three times," Frejo said. "That spirit moved through us, that drum, and it slowly started to move through some of those youths."

Eventually, a calm fell over the gathering and it broke up.

The videos prompted a torrent of outrage online. Actress and activist Alyssa Milano tweeted that the footage "brought me to tears," while actor Chris Evans tweeted that the students' actions were "appalling" and "shameful."

Covington Catholic High School, in the northern Kentucky city of Park Hills, was quiet Sunday as the area remained snow-covered with temperatures in the teens. The all-male school, which has more than 580 students, appeared deserted with an empty police car parked in front of the building.

The private school's website describes its mission as being "to embrace the Gospel message of Jesus Christ in order to educate students spiritually, academically, physically and socially."
Why should I believe the leftist activists about what happened?

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Covington-Catholic-Adam-Clements-1-Twitter-01192019.jpg

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Covington-Catholic-Adam-Clements-2-Twitter-01192019.jpg

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/incrim...olic-students/ (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/incriminate-us-as-a-publicity-stunt-read-the-full-story-from-one-of-the-covington-catholic-students/)

Nathan Phillips, the Native American man at the center of the controversy involving Covington Catholic High School students who were unfairly smeared by the media (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/video-evidence-shows-lying-media-falsely-slimed-teenagers-for-interaction-with-native-american-man-at-march-for-life/), is raising money with the help of a major big-money left-wing operation, and has a history of appearing in the press claiming to be a victim of anti-Native racism.
“[Phillips] is a Vietnam Veteran and former director of the Native Youth Alliance,” according to Heavy. (https://heavy.com/news/2019/01/nathan-phillips/)
The Native Youth Alliance appears to be a standalone entity. However, the larger well-funded Native Youth Leadership Alliance — which told us that it is not associated with Phillips — is currently promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign stemming from the incident with the Catholic teens.
The Native Youth Leadership Alliance (https://nativeyouthleadership.org/) (NYLA) is a non-profit organization that is funded by the same far-left power players who are often involved in bankrolling leftist causes. The organization’s funding partners (https://nativeyouthleadership.org/funding-partners/) include the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Rockefeller Brothers Fund, and the Social Justice Fund Northwest.

The homepage for the NYLA is promoting Phillips’ fundraising campaign.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Screen-Shot-2019-01-20-at-1.52.03-PM.png
The point is this: Phillips is not simply a random Native man who was accosted by “racist” MAGA-hat wearing teens, as the mainstream press has reported. He is connected to leftist activists who donate large sums to leftist causes. And now, he is personally fundraising off the mainstream press’ misdeeds.
Given that the full, unedited video of the interaction (https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=sIG5ZB0fw1k) between Phillips and the students shows that Phillips clearly approached the students, and given that he is connected to left-wing social justice causes, one could conclude that he targeted the teenagers for their support of President Donald J. Trump. Yet the mainstream press narrative is exactly the opposite – that the boys targeted Phillips.
Additionally, this is not the first time that Phillips has been at the center of controversy involving alleged racism against the Native Population. In 2015, Phillips claimed that he was “bombarded by racial slurs” by students at Eastern Michigan University.
Fox2 reported (http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/native-american-claims-racial-harassment-by-emu-students-dressed-as-indians):

An Ypsilanti man says he was trying to teach a few students dressed in American Indian theme party about respecting Native Americans.
Not long afterward, Nathan Phillips said that an interaction with party-goers and students turned ugly.
Nathan Phillips says he was out for a noon walk on a Saturday in mid-April
He walked by a home where he saw Eastern Michigan University students dressed as Native Americans.
“They had little feathers on, I was just going to walk by,” Phillips said. “A group of them said ‘Come on over, come here.'”
He says he walked over to the fence and saw roughly 30 to 40 students involved in a theme party.
“They had their face painted,” Phillips said. “I said what the heck is going on here. ‘Oh we are honoring you.’ I said no you are not honoring me.”
It was a statement he says they took offense to.
“Then started whooping and hollering,” he said. “I said that wasn’t honoring, that was racist. Then at that time, it really got ugly.”
Phillips says he was bombarded with racial slurs.
“(They said) ‘Go back to the reservation, you blank indian,'” he said.
One student, he says, threw a beer can at him.
“If I would have stayed where I was at, it would have hit me in the head,” he said. “I backed up and it hit me in the chest.”

Phillips has proven himself to be something of a leftist activist, and the mainstream press, which still has egg on its face from the embarrassing Thursday display accusing Trump of directing his personal lawyer to lie to the Senate, ought to be treading more lightly.
Instead, the press has decided to vilify teenaged boys, who did nothing wrong, in yet another despicable display.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclus...wing-activism/ (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/exclusive-native-man-who-harassed-catholic-teens-linked-to-big-money-left-wing-activism/)

James_Madison_Lives
01-20-2019, 07:09 PM
First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 07:24 PM
First problem: you can see the drumstick is never "mere centimeters" from the kid's nose, to anyone who knows what a centimeter is. That puts a credibility strain on everything else he says.
The leftist has much bigger credibility problems.

Anti Federalist
01-20-2019, 07:29 PM

So what point are you trying to prove here?

specsaregood
01-20-2019, 07:31 PM

"mere centimeters" is not a centimeter, its a plural. so really there is no way to dispute the statement. It is definitely less than a meter and thus less than 100 centimeters from his nose.

euphemia
01-20-2019, 07:44 PM
An old man should know better. I want to know where the groups chaperones were. If that had been my student, I would have been all over that in a hot minute. “Student, walk over to the group and wait for me there. Sir, do we have a problem here?”

juleswin
01-20-2019, 07:53 PM

Come on, the Native guy was definitely in his personal space. He was within his right to at minimum push him off if he refused to move when asked. There are certain things you can get away with by being an elder and I am not sure this is one of em.

specsaregood
01-20-2019, 07:54 PM
Come on, the Native guy was definitely in his personal space. He was within his right to at minimum push him off if he refused to move when asked. There are certain things you can get away with by being an elder and I am not sure this is one of em.

The kid handled it better than 90% of adults I can think of, I doubt that I would have handled it as well.

juleswin
01-20-2019, 08:08 PM
The kid handled it better than 90% of adults I can think of, I doubt that I would have handled it as well.

Oh yea, big kudos to him. Just imagine sitting there for how long he did and how close he was to him without getting annoyed. The better me would have walked away and the asshole me would push him off after about 5 secs

specsaregood
01-20-2019, 08:10 PM
Oh yea, big kudos to him. Just imagine sitting there for how long he did and how close he was to him without getting annoyed. The better me would have walked away and the asshole me would push him off after about 5 secs

If he had walked away, they would have pursued. I'm sure of it.

samforpaul
01-20-2019, 08:16 PM
from James Madison Lives: "The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant."

What was the lecture? I didn't understand a word of it.

And it's interesting he did not go up to the the other group and beat the drum in the face of a member of the other group, at least that I'm aware of.

specsaregood
01-20-2019, 08:18 PM
from James Madison Lives: "The kid stood his ground and the old Indian gave him a lecture with his drum and a chant."

What was the lecture? I didn't understand a word of it.

And it's interesting he did not go up to the the other group and beat the drum in the face of a member of the other group, at least that I'm aware of.

No, in fact he went to the media and claimed the high schoolers were "beasts" and that the group insulting them and calling them ******s were the "prey", bunch of bullshit.

euphemia
01-20-2019, 08:25 PM
No, in fact he went to the media and claimed the high schoolers were "beasts" and that the group insulting them and calling them ******s were the "prey", bunch of bull$#@!.

Which was a lie. He seems to be one who cries wolf a lot.

dannno
01-20-2019, 08:29 PM

Bullshit, try again.

Swordsmyth
01-20-2019, 09:19 PM
And CNN's Jake Tapper admitted the media's error...

.@reason (https://twitter.com/reason?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw): “Video footage strongly contradicts Native American veteran Nathan Phillips' claim that Covington Catholic High School boys harassed him. The media got this one completely wrong,” writes @robbysoave (https://twitter.com/robbysoave?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) https://t.co/9Ki4iiTkQ9
— Jake Tapper (@jaketapper) January 20, 2019 (https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1087100286433402881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) And even David Brooks flipped...

Yesterday I had one impression of the maga kids from Kentucky. Now after seeing more videos I have a different more complicated impression. Makes all the hot takes seem silly.
— David Brooks (@nytdavidbrooks) January 20, 2019 (https://twitter.com/nytdavidbrooks/status/1087020897297416192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Finally, Rod Dreher wrote (https://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/the-covington-catholic-bonfire-at-the-stake/) in The American Conservative:

It is possible that the Catholic boys were complete asses. My initial judgment was that they certainly were that. You don’t treat a peaceful elderly person like this. Even if they thought he was wrong, those boys owed him respect. Yes, the old man approached them, but they could and should have handled him with respect. They come off as bullies.
But then I watched more clips, showing the greater context of the incident. It is not as simple as it has been portrayed. Below is a more complete video account of what happened. In it, one of the Catholic boys is overheard asking, “Does anybody know what he’s doing? Does anybody know what’s going on here.”
And, in it, one of the Indians with Phillips shouts: “White people, go back to Europe. This is not your land.” He curses the students with f-bombs (video is NSFW). He goes on: “You’re being a white man about it. That’s all you know how to do.”
You didn’t see that in the news reporting, did you?
Nope.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-20/more-fake-news-exposed-media-lies-about-catholic-kids-native-american-debacle

Occam's Banana
01-21-2019, 12:35 AM
So is it a throwaway bit of snark or do you believe it.

*sigh* There is no single "it" here. You are conflating two distinct statements - one of which was made by you, not me ...

In response to your criticism (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738271&viewfull=1#post6738271) of me for "fixing" AF's statement, I characterized the statement I made in post #56 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738245&viewfull=1#post6738245) as a "throwaway bit of snark". The statement I said in post #60 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738261&viewfull=1#post6738261) that I believed is NOT the one I made in post #56. It is the one YOU composed and asked me about (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738252&viewfull=1#post6738252) (prior to you presumptuously telling me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738262&viewfull=1#post6738262) that I didn't "really" believe it).

So my previous post stands, I know you said it but I as a person who has been on this forum with you for years do not THINK you believe that the trigger issue in that story is anything but politics.

If that is what you actually think (and unlike you, I will not presume to tell you that it is not), then you are simply wrong. I believe that the "trigger issue" in this story involves much more than just politics. You are free to disagree - but once again, please do not lecture me about what you presume to declare I "really" believe about the matter, despite that I have explicitly said otherwise. I have politely asked this of you twice now. I will not be polite if there is a third time.

AF original statement was true, it did not need any further analyzing and I was speaking up for it (for the record, AF did NOT ask me to interject, I did it without consulting him)

I am sure he didn't. Also for the record, AF didn't express any objections when he +repped me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738248&viewfull=1#post6738248) for "fixing" his original statement, either ...

(And I apologize to Anti Federalist for going along with dragging his name into this ... :o)

So even if this is a fallacy, the argument is still solid

By definition, fallacious arguments are not "solid". Lack of "solidity" is one of the things denoted by the concept of "fallacy".

I am saying that if you set up a control experiement, the one factor that will always lead to this outcome 99 out of a 100 runs will have a MAGA hat/politics in it.

And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). Presently, there are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530489-Some-white-people-may-have-to-die-for-black-communities-to-be-made-whole) and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529974-The-Murder-of-Jazmine-Barnes&highlight=jasmine) that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene. And they will continue to do so even after Trump becomes an ex-president and MAGA hats start gathering dust on closet shelves.

Here's an "experiment" for you. Replace those white teenagers in MAGA hats with black teenagers in the very same MAGA hats. Do that, and we wouldn't be talking about this incident at all - because it almost certainly wouldn't have happened. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened because Phillips and his group almost certainly wouldn't have done what they did. But even if they did, and the group of MAGA-hatted black teens reacted exactly the same way as the MAGA-hatted white teens did, we still wouldn't be hearing about it - because there is absolutely no way in hell that the mavens of spluttering social-justice "outrage" would ever give "legs" to the story by making so much as a peep about what despicable people the black teens were supposedly being, or how they needed to be "punched in the face" (or worse) for being such horrid bigots ...

kona
01-21-2019, 12:52 AM
The Left is standing their ground calling for the end of these kids, end of their parents, end of their school, etc. I knew they threw reality out the window two years ago, but this is beyond insane. They boys were proven innocent, and liberals are still calling for them to be hung.

This is bad. Makes me wonder how much longer until total chaos hits.

dannno
01-21-2019, 12:57 AM
The Left is standing their ground calling for the end of these kids, end of their parents, end of their school, etc. I knew they threw reality out the window two years ago, but this is beyond insane. They boys were proven innocent, and liberals are still calling for them to be hung.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71wdhJbiBMY

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 01:17 AM
*sigh* There is no single "it" here. You are conflating two distinct statements - one of which was made by you, not me ...

In response to your criticism (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738271&viewfull=1#post6738271) of me for "fixing" AF's statement, I characterized the statement I made in post #56 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738245&viewfull=1#post6738245) as a "throwaway bit of snark". The statement I said in post #60 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738261&viewfull=1#post6738261) that I believed is NOT the one I made in post #56. It is the one YOU composed and asked me about (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738252&viewfull=1#post6738252) (prior to you presumptuously telling me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738262&viewfull=1#post6738262) that I didn't "really" believe it).

If that is what you actually think (and unlike you, I will not presume to tell you that it is not), then you are simply wrong. I believe that the "trigger issue" in this story involves much more than just politics. You are free to disagree - but once again, please do not lecture me about what you presume to declare I "really" believe about the matter, despite that I have explicitly said otherwise. I have politely asked this of you twice now. I will not be polite if there is a third time.

I am sure he didn't. Also for the record, AF didn't express any objections when he +repped me (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530520-Edit-False-Video-of-US-teens-taunting-Native-American-draws-fire&p=6738248&viewfull=1#post6738248) for "fixing" his original statement, either ...

(And I apologize to Anti Federalist for going along with dragging his name into this ... :o)

By definition, fallacious arguments are not "solid". Lack of "solidity" is one of the things denoted by the concept of "fallacy".

And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). There are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530489-Some-white-people-may-have-to-die-for-black-communities-to-be-made-whole) and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529974-The-Murder-of-Jazmine-Barnes&highlight=jasmine) that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene.

Here's an "experiment" for you. Replace those white teenagers in MAGA hats with black teenagers in the very same MAGA hats. Do that, and we wouldn't be talking about this incident at all - because it almost certainly wouldn't have happened. It almost certainly wouldn't have happened because Phillips and his group almost certainly wouldn't have done what they did. But even if they did, and the group of MAGA-hatted black teens reacted exactly the same way as the MAGA-hatted white teens did, we still wouldn't be hearing about it - because there is absolutely no way in hell that the mavens of spluttering social-justice "outrage" would ever give "legs" to the story by making so much as a peep about what despicable people the black teens were supposedly being, or how they needed to be "punched in the face" (or worse) for being such horrid bigots ...

I gave up trying to explain logic to the Che dude.

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 01:17 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/933974484981510144

Anti Federalist
01-21-2019, 03:22 AM
So, now lets consider this:

The entire government media complex and their associated organs, all...ALL were in on the lie that this story was.

How many other stories are they lying about, every day?

Anti Federalist
01-21-2019, 03:26 AM

No problem at all, I stand by my +rep by the way.

And I am saying that MAGA hats are not the only factor that can lead to such outcomes (counterfactual "experiments" with made-up results to the contrary notwithstanding). Presently, there are just too many people going around wearing MAGA hats who have not been subject to this kind of vitriol for it merely to be attributed to "politics" and nothing else. At the same time, there is too much hateful and poisonous rhetoric (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530489-Some-white-people-may-have-to-die-for-black-communities-to-be-made-whole) and other stories of rush-to-judgment "outrage" (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?529974-The-Murder-of-Jazmine-Barnes&highlight=jasmine) that don't involve MAGA hats in any way, shape or form. The race-hucksters and SJW-outragers have been ramping up this kind of thing for quite some time now - since well before President Trump and MAGA hats made the scene. And they will continue to do so even after Trump becomes an ex-president and MAGA hats start gathering dust on closet shelves.

They certainly seem to have ramped it up a couple notches.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2019, 03:56 AM
The anti-racist Quislings at the utterly worthless National Review were just as quick as the Marxist left to jump on the bandwagon to attack these kids, who, upon further reading seem like upright, decent "Boy Scouts".

The Covington Students Might as Well Have Just Spit on the Cross

https://archive.fo/tlwIV#selection-897.1-1233.241

By NICHOLAS FRANKOVICH
January 20, 2019 2:55 AM
It appears that most of the teenagers in this video are from a Catholic high school near Covington, Kentucky, across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. They mock a serious, frail-looking older man and gloat in their momentary role as Roman soldiers to his Christ. “Bullying” is a worn-out word and doesn’t convey the full extent of the evil on display here.
For some of us, the gospel stories of Jesus’s passion and death are so familiar we no longer hear them. The evangelists are terse in their descriptions of the humiliations heaped on Jesus in the final hours before his crucifixion, the consummate humiliation. Read the accounts again or, if you’d rather not, watch the video. The human capacity for sadism is too great.
The man the crowd ridiculed is Nathan Phillips, an elder of the Omaha tribe. He was in Washington for the Indigenous Peoples March, on Friday. It coincided with the March for Life, which Covington Catholic High School organized a contingent of students to attend. According to Phillips, their confrontation with him, in the shadow of the Lincoln Memorial, involved a disagreement about “the wall.” He’s against it. They’re for it. Some of them, including the boy who makes himself the co-star of the video by stepping forward and getting in Phillips’s face, wore “Make America Great Again” hats.
Stay Updated with NR Daily
NR's afternoon roundup of the day's best commentary & must-read analysis.

Email Address
Go
They confused issues. Over the years, I’ve heard (and perpetrated, I confess) some imaginative definitions of the “seamless garment,” or “consistent ethic of life.” It’s a matter of identifying a common principle that can be shown to underlie and unite various causes — the abolition of abortion, of euthanasia, of the death penalty, of you name it — that most people would say are disparate and unrelated. How heightened border security might be of a piece with protecting unborn children is less intuitively obvious than most such hypothetical linkages I’ve encountered.
Among the unfortunate messages that the Covington students are sending through the video, several versions of which have gone viral, is that in its heart the pro-life movement in the United States in 2019 is less concerned to advocate for human rights than to cheer for one of the two major political parties or, more broadly, for one side in the great divide between Right and Left, or red and blue, as if the abortion debate were a Yankees–Red Sox game. Don’t do that if you want to persuade Democrats and independents who are ambivalent about abortion to hear you out on why their lives mattered even when they were gestating, and on why the lives of those who at any given moment are conceived but not yet born matter no less.
In a joint statement, Covington Catholic High School and the Diocese of Covington apologized, condemning the students’ actions and noting that their conduct “is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.” I don’t know how Phillips would describe his religious affiliation. He speaks of indigenous traditions. Some people who observe them integrate them with Christianity, but some don’t. In any case, keeping in mind the parable of the proper priests and the Good Samaritan, whose religious practice Jesus’s listeners thought was wrong, listen to Phillips reflect on his experience on the Mall. Decide for yourself who is more pleasing to Christ, Phillips or his mockers. As for the putatively Catholic students from Covington, they might as well have just spit on the cross and got it over with.

Anti Federalist
01-21-2019, 04:02 AM
Matthew 19:18

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Occam's Banana
01-21-2019, 04:31 AM
So is it a throwaway bit of snark or do you believe it.

And furthermore, with respect to my characterization of my comment in post #56 as being a "throwaway bit of snark", there's the fact that something being a "throwaway bit of snark" is not incompatible with that thing expressing something that is believed or believable.

As I understand and use the term, "snark" is just wisecracking that is often ironic or sarcastic in nature. This does not in any way require that the substance underlying the form of the expression cannot be credible. And as for it being "throwaway", that was just a reference to the fact that my comment was a brief "one-liner" that had been made in passing without much if any elaboration.

Stratovarious
01-21-2019, 04:59 AM
...conflating ...
Love it, I had to look that up :frog:, when I read the definition it
reminded me of juxtapose, which is bringing similar things together.
I find that a lot of people with a predilection for conflation also tend
to italicize their periods and commas.

spudea
01-21-2019, 05:02 AM

Zippyjuan
https://i.redd.it/gegkdahc2rb21.png

Stratovarious
01-21-2019, 05:26 AM
So Very True, so much so that they're willing to beat us to death to prove it.

Stratovarious
01-21-2019, 05:30 AM
...How many other stories are they lying about, every day?
Yes, it's constant , everything is slanted with outright lies, lies trough omission, lies through innuendo,
supported by the Globalist Agenda.

shakey1
01-21-2019, 06:50 AM
The whole thing should've gone down as a non-event.

juleswin
01-21-2019, 06:59 AM

Maybe you should have asked me what post I meant when I said "it" before assuming that I was conflating two distinct statements by you. All the while you been on me for presuming to know what you believe. Well if you must know, I was talking about post #56 in that post. I am asking because if it was snark, then there is no point trying to seriously reply to it.

I think this maybe a big misunderstanding as to what a trigger issue is. By trigger, I was trying to describe the issue that set it off. Think of it like a catalyst, the ignition, the spark, the push that without it, the event doesn't start. Yes, the fact that they were young, white male did not help but that was not the trigger. But without the MAGA hat, this event just doesn't happen. This is the whole foundation of my disagreement with your post in #56. You think race and gender, I think politics.

And this is why I chimmed in because you convinced him that race and gender was the issue and not politics and he seems to believe it now. With the way things are going on this site, I am shocked you only had 1 visible rep for that post.

Not true, I can make a completely logical argument and in the process call you dirty person, now I have used the ad hominem fallacy. Does this mean you should disregard the logical argument that came before it just because I used a fallacy in my reply? The point I am arguing is mainly that politics and not race or gender is the trigger for this story and by trigger I mean the issue that set if off which if missing from the event gets you no story at all. Try and ignore the many fallacies you can detect that doesn't affect the logic behind my argument when crafting a response

Yes, there are many people wearing MAGA hats without setting off events like this but there are also 100000x more white males people walking around without MAGA hats and not setting off events like this. There are stories of people (not just white people) kicked out of restaurants, clubs etc just for wearing the stupid red hat. So sorry that I refuse to believe that a bunch of non political white males going about their business visiting Washington DC monuments will lead to a scenario like this well, maybe in 1 out of a 100 times it will cos you can never say never on just about anything happening.

You have no idea the kind of grief black people who wear the stupid MAGA hat get. They certainly would have gotten accosted by the group of opposition protesters just like they did with the white kids had they been wearing that hat. And just like the scenrio we are discussing, the red stupid hat will most likely be the trigger to that confrontation. Now the media might not have covered it as much as it did because they have a hard time painting other blacks as racists.

shakey1
01-21-2019, 07:09 AM
Anymore, I don't believe much of anything I see anywhere.

For all I know, a bunch of leftists could put on MAGA hats and then stage an incident and then point at Trump and complain.

Wouldn't surprise me.

juleswin
01-21-2019, 07:09 AM
I gave up trying to explain logic to the Che dude.

Ah, that is what it is. Che which must not be getting the old man logic of the Origanalist :)

euphemia
01-21-2019, 08:13 AM
How many other stories are they lying about, every day?

I assume pretty much all of them. If the story came off social media, then it's guaranteed to be a lie. If it's published by any major outlet, then probably a lie. If the story can be verified from objective resources, then there you go. Why bother to read the news if I still have to hunt for actual facts?

AuH20
01-21-2019, 09:32 AM

AuH20
01-21-2019, 09:34 AM
They want to dehumanize us, before they kill us. Stupid marxists have no idea what's coming.

AuH20
01-21-2019, 09:36 AM

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 09:39 AM
Indiana-Kentucky Indian Movement and Antifa Plan Tuesday Protest at Covington Catholic School Over Far Left Fake News Scandal

The American Indian Movement Chapter of Indiana and Kentucky are planning a protest on Tuesday at Covington High School in Kentucky.
80 people have signed up to go harass the children some more at their Catholic school.

Antifa terrorists also put out a notice to protest Covington Catholic School on Tuesday.

The radical leftist group wants to threaten CHILDREN over a liberal media fake news story.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/covington-protest-409x600.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/indiana-kentucky-indian-movement-and-antifa-plan-tuesday-protest-at-covington-catholic-school-over-far-left-fake-news-scandal/

AuH20
01-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Reminds me why I haven't attended Church in many years. Corrupt temples of man. The RCC is the enemy.

A Message from The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.
The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School
link

AuH20
01-21-2019, 09:59 AM
Neos are the worst.

RJB
01-21-2019, 10:11 AM
Here is what the mayor of Covington, KY says:
https://www.covingtonky.gov/news/2019/01/19/mayor-meyer-covington-appalled?fbclid=IwAR3BNOMAKRG8bkuZww-Rw5WTzRHmDFHWQnH4Y7lXUYurTm6GhsmW6vsvm6w
Politicians :rolleyes:

“Two days before the holiday honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., an intense discussion took place following breakfast at a Catholic church in Covington’s urban core.

The crowd listened as five courageous young women talked candidly about growing up in Northern Kentucky being, as it were, a bi-racial student in high school, an African-American of Jewish faith, an African-American of Muslim faith, a Mexican immigrant, and the Kentucky-born daughter of Mexican immigrants.

I left the church feeling buoyant: Over the years, the City of Covington has taken strong stances on issues pertaining to diversity, and here were people in Covington taking a leadership role in continuing to discuss issues of race, discrimination, and favoritism.

I felt very proud of this City’s commitment to being a place of opportunity for all people.

But my feelings of pride were soon tempered. I learned that Covington was being linked across the nation to intolerance and ethnic intimidation. Why? Because teens from a local high school were filmed surrounding and mocking native Americans participating in the Indigenous Peoples’ March in Washington D.C. The disrespect shown to a Native American elder, who happens to be a Vietnam Veteran, was particularly offensive.

Videos of the confrontation are disturbing, discouraging, and - frankly - appalling. And they are rightfully inspiring a tidal wave of condemnation, even on the City of Covington’s own social sites, leaving the impression that these are the values of the City of Covington.

Yes, the ironic thing - as people keep pointing out to me - is that the school isn’t even located within Covington. But that’s not the point.

The point is that because of the actions of people who live in Northern Kentucky, our region is being challenged again to examine our core identities, values, and beliefs. Regardless of what exact town we live in, we need to ask ourselves whether behavior like this DOES represent who we are and strive to be. Is this what our schools teach? Are these the beliefs that we as parents model and condone?

Is this the way we want the rest of the nation and the world to see us?

In answer, let me - as Covington’s mayor - be absolutely clear: No. The videos being shared across the nation do NOT represent the core beliefs and values of this City.

Covington is a diverse community, in areas of race, national origin, ethnicity, religious preference, sexual orientation, and income.
We are one of the few cities in Kentucky with a Human Rights Ordinance that protects ALL people, including those with diverse gender identities and sexual orientation. And we have urged our fellow cities in Northern Kentucky to follow our lead.
In fact, this past summer I joined Covington’s police chief leading Northern Kentucky’s Pride Parade. City vehicles drove in the parade, and department heads marched with a banner proudly proclaiming our beliefs.
The City also is led by elected officials and top administrators at the highest level who represent the diverse makeup of Covington. The people who make decisions here are not homogenous in racial background, ethnicity, age, gender, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. Far from it.
We welcome the recent opening of the Esperanza Latino Center in Covington as a resource center for all of our residents with roots south of the Rio Grande, and I was proud to attend their opening ceremony.
We financially support our local Human Rights Commission and take seriously any complaints received.
Our police and other public safety officials enforce the law fairly across the board on behalf of all people.
And by our ordinances and by the implementation of programs, we have made it clear that all people should enjoy the opportunity for a good and successful life.
No, we’re not perfect. More progress needs to be made, and we will continue to work diligently on making it.

In the meantime, Covington is proud of being a welcoming City where bigotry, discrimination, and hatred will not be tolerated.

gaazn
01-21-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm starting to wonder if all those history book photos were staged as well.

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 10:12 AM

AuH20
01-21-2019, 10:17 AM
What a virtue signaling piece of shit. But he's a politician.

https://www.covingtonky.gov/news/2019/01/19/mayor-meyer-covington-appalled?fbclid=IwAR3BNOMAKRG8bkuZww-Rw5WTzRHmDFHWQnH4Y7lXUYurTm6GhsmW6vsvm6w

AuH20
01-21-2019, 10:20 AM

Asshole mayor. Life is simple. Follow the golden rule. He's consumed with diversity as opposed to the moral fiber of the people. He has to genuflect in front of the PC altar like a carnival monkey.

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 10:26 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/934033364256157696

RJB
01-21-2019, 10:46 AM
Does anyone think this might cause a shift from the road to insanity. I am seeing a few progressives who bit this hook line and sinker admit that their emotions were used and that this was fake news. I have also seen conservatives actually get pissed at how these kids were slandered. There are some with TDS who are still villifying these kids. I am hoping this incident causes a rift between decent progressives and the loony left.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2019, 10:54 AM
Not every local politician is abandoning these boys and virtue signaling to the insane left...

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1087381630598172672

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2019, 10:55 AM
https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1087168862620127232

AuH20
01-21-2019, 11:07 AM
Not every local politician is abandoning these boys and virtue signaling to the insane left...

https://www.twitter.com/RepThomasMassie/status/1087381630598172672

Massie is a rock.

AuH20
01-21-2019, 11:10 AM
These people need to go away. Stop ramming your insane agenda down our throats, under the guise of racial equality.

AuH20
01-21-2019, 11:14 AM
Shrill harpies!!!

pcosmar
01-21-2019, 11:25 AM
The Injuns called us the "white man", they seemed to think there was a significant difference, if you don't like it then go talk to them.

ONLY in Hollywood Movies.

I doubt they had a word for white other than "snow".

juleswin
01-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Anyone else find it a little ironic that these kids were wearing MAGA hats in support of a man whose truely believes in abortion. Heck, he once supprted partial birth abortions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHAHKGP10yc

Swordsmyth
01-21-2019, 11:36 AM

"Paleface" then, it doesn't matter, they weren't some kind of color blind saints, they put a lot of significance in the ethnic differences between us.

RJB
01-21-2019, 11:39 AM

Oh wow. Where did you acquire this knowledge of native linguistics? Does this apply to all tribes?

pcosmar
01-21-2019, 11:45 AM
Oh wow. Where did you acquire this knowledge of native linguistics? Does this apply to all tribes?

I don't know all tribes,, but only the one I learned at 12 yrs old workin' in a Logging Camp.

I doubt there is very much difference,, the language was based in Concepts rather than minutia.

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2019, 12:07 PM
Massie defends Covington students: 'It is my honor to represent them' (https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-video-thomas-massie-defends-kentucky-students/2634130002/)
By David Harten - Jan. 20, 2019

Rep. Thomas Massie came to the defense Sunday evening of the students from Covington Catholic High School who were involved in a confrontation with a Native American man this weekend in Washington, D.C.

The Kentucky's 4th District representative, which includes Northern Kentucky where Covington Catholic is located, tweeted that after watching "over an hour" of video on the incident, he believed the students were there participate in the March for Life and got a "brutal lesson in the unjust court of public opinion and social media mobs."

"I urge everyone to watch the other videos before passing judgement. Would you have remained that composed at that age under those circumstances?" he said on Twitter.

Massie added that it was his honor "to represent them."
More: https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/20/covington-catholic-video-thomas-massie-defends-kentucky-students/2634130002/

Schifference
01-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Wašícu is the Lakota and Dakota word for people of European descent. It expresses the indigenous population's perception of the non-natives' relationship with the land and the indigenous population. Typically it refers to white people but does not specifically mention skin color ... E. Voices of Persuasion: Politics of Representation in 1930s America.

RJB
01-21-2019, 12:12 PM
Wašícu is the Lakota and Dakota word for people of European descent. It expresses the indigenous population's perception of the non-natives' relationship with the land and the indigenous population. Typically it refers to white people but does not specifically mention skin color ... E. Voices of Persuasion: Politics of Representation in 1930s America.
That sounds like how in English we usually refer to people as Asians, Indians, etc.

AuH20
01-21-2019, 12:25 PM

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 12:37 PM
Los Angeles DJ Calls For Covington Catholic School to be Burned Down – With Kids Locked Inside – TWITTER SAYS HE DIDN’T VIOLATE RULES

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2491-1-600x467.jpg

Michael Buchanan, who goes by the stage name ‘House Shoes,’ is a Detroit-born hip hop producer and DJ working and living in Los Angeles who made a series of terrorist threats from his bluecheck, verified Twitter account over the weekend.

Mr. Buchanan, 45, took to his Twitter account this weekend and called for the Covington Catholic children to be burned alive: “LOCK THE KIDS IN THE SCHOOL AND BURN THAT BITCH TO THE GROUND.”

Buchanan also called for mass shootings of Trump supporters in a series of tweets: “If you are a true fan of Shoes I want you to fired on any of these red hat bitches when you see them. On sight.”

Screenshots of Mr. Buchanan’s tweets in case of deletion:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2484-600x432.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2482-411x600.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2485-600x377.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2488-1-600x463.jpg
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/los-angeles-dj-calls-for-covington-catholic-school-to-be-burned-down-with-kids-locked-inside-twitter-says-he-didnt-violate-rules/

spudea
01-21-2019, 12:47 PM
Some of the few rationale people begin to backtrack. When will Zippyjuan fix his post?

https://i.redd.it/a1wldemgftb21.jpg

Schifference
01-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Los Angeles DJ Calls For Covington Catholic School to be Burned Down – With Kids Locked Inside – TWITTER SAYS HE DIDN’T VIOLATE RULES

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2491-1-600x467.jpg

Michael Buchanan, who goes by the stage name ‘House Shoes,’ is a Detroit-born hip hop producer and DJ working and living in Los Angeles who made a series of terrorist threats from his bluecheck, verified Twitter account over the weekend.

Mr. Buchanan, 45, took to his Twitter account this weekend and called for the Covington Catholic children to be burned alive: “LOCK THE KIDS IN THE SCHOOL AND BURN THAT BITCH TO THE GROUND.”

Buchanan also called for mass shootings of Trump supporters in a series of tweets: “If you are a true fan of Shoes I want you to fired on any of these red hat bitches when you see them. On sight.”

Screenshots of Mr. Buchanan’s tweets in case of deletion:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2484-600x432.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2482-411x600.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2485-600x377.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_2488-1-600x463.jpg
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/los-angeles-dj-calls-for-covington-catholic-school-to-be-burned-down-with-kids-locked-inside-twitter-says-he-didnt-violate-rules/

I don't have twitter. What would happen if a popular twittest tweeted that someone should lock the doors on the black religious thugs church while they were inside and burn it to the ground?

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 02:29 PM
I don't have twitter. What would happen if a popular twittest tweeted that someone should lock the doors on the black religious thugs church while they were inside and burn it to the ground?

Instant ban.

Swordsmyth
01-21-2019, 02:31 PM
Their twitter account would be locked and burned to the ground.

Twitter is no longer just leftist, twitter is AntiFa.

Zippyjuan
01-21-2019, 02:43 PM
Some of the few rationale people begin to backtrack. When will Zippyjuan fix his post?

Why? Just look at all the fun everybody is having participating in the thread! Hottest topic in the forum!

Brian4Liberty
01-21-2019, 02:59 PM
https://www.twitter.com/RandPaul/status/1087416691984875521

shakey1
01-21-2019, 02:59 PM
Why? Just look at all the fun everybody is having participating in the thread! Hottest topic in the forum!

It would appear so.:confused:

oyarde
01-21-2019, 04:18 PM
I hope nobody thinks it is racist when I call Danke latyehtu Ksa and tell him one day he will be yatse - na awa Thuwakwa-na . LOL

RJB
01-21-2019, 04:21 PM
I hope nobody thinks it is racist when I call Danke latyehtu Ksa and tell him one day he will be yatse - na awa Thuwakwa-na . LOL

I have no idea what you are talking about, but... REPORTED!

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 04:42 PM

Ya, just look at all the vitriol and threats of violence against a bunch of high school kids who did nothing wrong. What fun indeed.

Occam's Banana
01-21-2019, 04:42 PM
The American Indian Movement Chapter of Indiana and Kentucky are planning a protest on Tuesday at Covington High School in Kentucky.

Do something, oyarde!

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 04:49 PM
Do something, oyarde!

I know, right? I thought he was some kind of Chief over there. :confused:

Madison320
01-21-2019, 05:06 PM
This is a little off topic but is that all people do in DC is protest? I rarely ever see a single group protesting yet in DC it seems they're all over the place. Just in that one incident there were at least 3 groups of protesters.

oyarde
01-21-2019, 05:08 PM
Do something, oyarde!

I do not even know any of those , none of them from around here , must be washington redskins or E Warren .

oyarde
01-21-2019, 05:10 PM

My people are all accounted for . Like any good First Sgt I had a roll call to make sure . Probably fake news .

oyarde
01-21-2019, 05:15 PM

Lest anyone forget , the american indian movement was founded in Minneapolis , Minnesota . Certainly Dankes fault .

oyarde
01-21-2019, 05:19 PM
I really did not know the ol' AIM thing was still a real thing . Came out of the inner city in Minn in the 60's . I see no where that there is a member list for Indiana or Kentucky .

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 05:20 PM
Lest anyone forget , the american indian movement was founded in Minneapolis , Minnesota . Certainly Dankes fault .

Looks like Danke did something after all.

Stratovarious
01-21-2019, 05:21 PM
This is a little off topic but is that all people do in DC is protest? I rarely ever see a single group protesting yet in DC it seems they're all over the place. Just in that one incident there were at least 3 groups of protesters.
Its where they keep all the cameras.

oyarde
01-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Looks like Danke did something after all.

Wen I was younger there was a group called american indian center of Indiana . It had leadership made up of non native midwesterners , some E Warren type dog tribe cherokees and some apaches from progressive western cities and some white people . I doubt any of them though would be protesting any Ky school kids .

Occam's Banana
01-21-2019, 07:16 PM
I do not even know any of those , none of them from around here , must be washington redskins or E Warren .

Looks like Danke may be in cahoots with Warren ...

angelatc
01-21-2019, 07:37 PM

There's our answer. Liberals have no shame.

spudea
01-21-2019, 07:38 PM

wow you really do get off on this, no matter who gets hurt or the damage you cause spreading misinformation and lies. Please seek mental help.

euphemia
01-21-2019, 07:40 PM

Are you kidding? It's no fun until there is a chart.

specsaregood
01-21-2019, 08:06 PM
Are you kidding. It's no fun until there is a chart.

https://www.annielytics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/funny-chart.gif

Dr.3D
01-21-2019, 08:13 PM
https://www.annielytics.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/funny-chart.gif
Remind me to never buy a drink in a green bar.

RonZeplin
01-21-2019, 08:34 PM
https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/dims4/default/b8c2893/2147483647/strip/true/crop/664x374+0+0/resize/1280x720!/quality/90/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewscripps.brightspotcdn.com%2F8 e%2Faf%2F06a659e64611a3129db156af2f5b%2Fcovington-catholic-entrance.png

https://youtu.be/hxlsRD5PsdA

euphemia
01-21-2019, 09:43 PM
I have left two messages with a local station about the disgraceful reporting of this story. I tried to call the school to voice support. Only a busy signal.

Life outside the internet, you know.

Swordsmyth
01-21-2019, 10:10 PM
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1087541961295314945

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 10:16 PM
https://dc-chronicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/beattietweet.png
https://dc-chronicle.com/2019/01/21/snl-writer-offers-fellatio-anyone-punching-covington-minor-face/

MelissaWV
01-21-2019, 10:26 PM
Well in all fairness I think the above might inspire the kid to video himself punching his own face.

Origanalist
01-21-2019, 10:48 PM
Well in all fairness I think the above might inspire the kid to video himself punching his own face.

Do you post at minds under the name "YourBuddyDustin"?
https://www.minds.com/newsfeed/934270922844139520

Swordsmyth
01-22-2019, 02:15 AM
Twitter has suspended an account that helped a widely publicized encounter between Catholic high school school students and a Native American man go viral.
CNN Business reported on Monday (https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/twitter-suspends-account-native-american-maga-teens/index.html) that Twitter took the step after receiving questions from the news network about the account.
The account, @2020fight (https://web.archive.org/web/20190120233542/http:/twitter.com/2020fight), posted a minute-long video of the interaction on Friday night with the caption, "this MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March."

According to a cached version of the video seen by CNN, the post garnered at least 2.5 million views and at least 14,400 retweets. The network notes that the partial video of the incident had been previously posted on Instagram, but that the caption from @2020fight helped promote it to widespread attention.
@2020fight claims to belong to a California schoolteacher. However its profile photo is of a blogger based in Brazil, according to CNN, which noted that Twitter's guidelines explicitly prohibit "fake and misleading accounts."
"Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules," a Twitter spokesperson told The Hill.

More at: https://thehill.com/policy/technology/426338-twitter-suspends-account-that-helped-incident-involving-catholic-school

William Tell
01-22-2019, 10:28 AM
Why? Just look at all the fun everybody is having participating in the thread! Hottest topic in the forum! Neg repped. These kids are getting death threats over this Fake News and you think its a joke?

Schifference
01-22-2019, 10:33 AM
Neg repped. These kids are getting death threats over this Fake News and you think its a joke?

The problem is not Zippy, Twitter, CNN or the fake news. The problem is a crazy society.

Origanalist
01-22-2019, 10:34 AM
Twitter has suspended an account that helped a widely publicized encounter between Catholic high school school students and a Native American man go viral.
CNN Business reported on Monday (https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/tech/twitter-suspends-account-native-american-maga-teens/index.html) that Twitter took the step after receiving questions from the news network about the account.
The account, @2020fight (https://web.archive.org/web/20190120233542/http:/twitter.com/2020fight), posted a minute-long video of the interaction on Friday night with the caption, "this MAGA loser gleefully bothering a Native American protester at the Indigenous Peoples March."

According to a cached version of the video seen by CNN, the post garnered at least 2.5 million views and at least 14,400 retweets. The network notes that the partial video of the incident had been previously posted on Instagram, but that the caption from @2020fight helped promote it to widespread attention.
@2020fight claims to belong to a California schoolteacher. However its profile photo is of a blogger based in Brazil, according to CNN, which noted that Twitter's guidelines explicitly prohibit "fake and misleading accounts."
"Deliberate attempts to manipulate the public conversation on Twitter by using misleading account information is a violation of the Twitter Rules," a Twitter spokesperson told The Hill.

More at: https://thehill.com/policy/technology/426338-twitter-suspends-account-that-helped-incident-involving-catholic-school

Pure CYA, this just got so big they had to do something to counter the optics. The people running Twitter don't care if one or more of these kids get killed.

William Tell
01-22-2019, 10:36 AM
The Mayor getting called out for condemning local kids. https://twitter.com/TylerWHAS11/status/1087725164551376898

devil21
01-22-2019, 10:42 AM
Phillips is an odd last name for a Native American.

I know a Jewish guy that, by just looking at him, you'd wager your children is a Native American. But nope, russian Jewish from Brooklyn.

Just sayin...

Things aren't always what they seem.

eta: So the two main characters in this story are Stanard and Sandmann. Indeed, things are not what they seem. But it's easy to trigger the gullible masses with a few moments of video and a bunch of talking heads.

Origanalist
01-22-2019, 10:44 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/934479428186427392/xlarge

Schifference
01-22-2019, 10:46 AM
What about the school they attend? If it were me I would remove my children from that school.

dannno
01-22-2019, 10:48 AM
The problem is not Zippy, Twitter, CNN or the fake news. The problem is a crazy society.

No, the problem is Zippy, Twitter, CNN and the fake news..

Certainly a lot of the blame falls on the individuals for believing that the mainstream media and leftist activists on twitter have any credibility, but they are such a monolith that a lot of people have been unable to figure it out.

The msm presents themselves as pillars of integrity. When they show a 10 second clip and draw a report from one side that has a lot of information not provided in the clip, then present it all as fact to millions of people, that is extremely irresponsible and dangerous.

Twitter bans conservatives for essentially nothing, and then when people on the left do something 100x as bad they almost never act. That is a signal to the left that because of their beliefs they are allowed to act poorly.

They are all very responsible.

Anti Federalist
01-22-2019, 10:48 AM

Another self loathing, white, piece of shit.

In any race motivated violence it's going to be poisoned filth like this asshole that is going to the biggest problem and loudest voices for white extermination.

dannno
01-22-2019, 10:49 AM
What about the school they attend? If it were me I would remove my children from that school.

The left is crazy, they will follow you anywhere.. I would get together with other parents and hire private security.

Anti Federalist
01-22-2019, 10:58 AM
The left is crazy, they will follow you anywhere.. I would get together with other parents and hire private security.

Even though the incident never happened, the left is still in full fury after the school and kids.

And they, the left, are supporting an "official" SPLC "hate group".

Yet, subsequent videos show that the students were not only approached by Philips first, but were verbally accosted by a religious group, Black Hebrew Israelites, which have been labeled by the Southern Poverty Law Center as a hate group. (https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/22/covington-catholic-high-school-classes-canceled-amid-safety-concerns/)

Pauls' Revere
01-22-2019, 11:01 AM
[insert] Rodney King vid.

"Can't we all just get along?"

Pauls' Revere
01-22-2019, 11:06 AM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/934479428186427392/xlarge

ROFLMAO! wait, no that's so sad its almost true.

+rep

specsaregood
01-22-2019, 02:24 PM
Not a huge fan of Glenn Beck, but this video really sums it up, perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1Wy4O2shc

Todd
01-22-2019, 02:45 PM
When did Glen Beck start the Colonel Sanders look ^

Swordsmyth
01-22-2019, 02:57 PM
Zippy, Twitter, CNN and the fake news are part of the crazy society.

Schifference
01-22-2019, 03:39 PM
Zippy, Twitter, CNN and the fake news are part of the crazy society.

The problem is not guns or liquor but what people do with them. Are you saying that speech should be restricted?

Swordsmyth
01-22-2019, 03:41 PM
The problem is not guns or liquor but what people do with them. Are you saying that speech should be restricted?
No, not by the government, but decent people should speak out against those who abuse it.

kona
01-22-2019, 03:49 PM
Trump is bringing the Covington kids to the White House (Ingraham said as early as tomorrow).

Thank God.

Schifference
01-22-2019, 03:56 PM
No, not by the government, but decent people should speak out against those who abuse it.

The majority of people which is the crazy left, will want the government to intervene. They want everything the way they want it and you be damned. So when a clip is edited to make something look like it is not, we do need to shed light on it. Let the left burn themselves. Let CNN burn themselves. Let Zippy burn himself. Zippy is not going anywhere unless by force. If he were going to leave it would have been a long time ago. But allow them the freedom to do what they want just as you want the freedom to do what you want. Otherwise we become just like them. These people are truly mentally ill. How could anyone support HRC and cry that she lost? These people do not have independent thought.

oyarde
01-22-2019, 04:04 PM

That school is closed today .

Schifference
01-22-2019, 04:06 PM
That school is closed today .

What my point was in regards to the school was I would remove my kid from the institution altogether. They were quick to rush to judgement. I would not have my child go there.

oyarde
01-22-2019, 04:08 PM
AIM spokesman , some guy named Lance Soto says AIM will not picket the school , just the diocese so says the washington times . washington redskins interviewed by washington times , imagine that .

oyarde
01-22-2019, 04:09 PM
What my point was in regards to the school was I would remove my kid from the institution altogether. They were quick to rush to judgement. I would not have my child go there.

I would remove them right now certainly .

oyarde
01-22-2019, 04:12 PM
I guess nobody told the washington redskins they do not give out those fancy peace medals any longer.

Anti Federalist
01-22-2019, 04:26 PM
I would remove them right now certainly .

If only to home school them.

They look like clean cut, well adjusted, straight, young white men. Throw them into the misandry and cultural poison that is any "mainstream" education institution and they will be turned into purple haired, pierced, tattooed, self loathing, depressed, suicidal fagggots inside of a year.

Which is why the Bolsheviks are going batshit insane over this.

oyarde
01-22-2019, 04:28 PM

They look like clean cut, well adjusted, straight, young white men. Throw them into the misandry and cultural poison that is any "mainstream" education institution and they will be turned into purple haired, pierced, tattooed, self loathing, depressed, suicidal fagggots inside of a year.

Yeah pretty much

Anti Federalist
01-22-2019, 04:31 PM
Disney producer says throw them into the woodchipper, head first.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxdH8ugVsAA75vo.jpg

Yet another self hating white piece of shit.

RJB
01-22-2019, 04:32 PM

Yes. If this incident, of purposefully maligning these young men, hasn't proven that there is a war against our youth, nothing will. Imagine the hell these kids would be going through if the exonerating video had been destroyed.

THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF OUR SONS!

Anti Federalist
01-22-2019, 04:33 PM
Following that twatter, can any twatterists tell me if that is true: that "Blue Check Verified" account cannot be made private?

oyarde
01-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Covington is kind of unique in KY , it is a part of Cincy metro area , it has a large IRS office , Banking office ( fidelity ), hospitals and a multitude of churches . Protesters tomorrow should not expect favorable welcome from law enforcement .

Anti Federalist
01-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Yes. If this incident, of purposefully maligning these young men, hasn't proven that there is a war against our youth, nothing will. Imagine the hell these kids would be going through if the exonerating video had been destroyed.

THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF OUR SONS!

To our sons, to our fathers, and when the New Jacobins get themselves cranked up enough to start acting on these outbursts, our wives and mothers and daughters as well.

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 04:38 PM
I appreciate Indians as well as anyone I know, they're different,
but not in a bad way.
I'll be damned if I'll ever genuflect to a liberal by using the 'latest'
'pc' term for anyone, they are Injuns' Indians, American Indians if you will,
but generally Indians. They're good as any of us but not better or
somehow more holy or endowed with better 'spirits' , we are just
as 'indigenous' as they are, because they got here before us doesn't
mean they are different species, who knows who in the heck the
killed when they first got here.
Indians sure as hll didn't sprout out of the dirt somewhere in a