PDA

View Full Version : Obama vs Trump on the Border and Immigration

Schifference
01-15-2019, 07:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpd-CcSkJ-c

Superfluous Man
01-15-2019, 07:47 AM
Without watching the video, I'm guessing their positions aren't very far apart.

Stratovarious
01-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Had Trump come out last year and said the 'Wall/Fencing is coming down, we don't need
a wall' .
Liberals would have been livid , all the whining, objections, and hate, would be
precisely as intense as they currently are over 'building the wall' .
We could never spend as much on border issues as Obama already had, and
Obama's plan for everything mirrored the mentality of his 'Cash for Clunkers'
deal.

Superfluous Man
01-15-2019, 08:11 AM
Had Trump come out last year and said the 'Wall/Fencing is coming down, we don't need
a wall' .
Liberals would have been livid

Exactly. Meanwhile, Ron Paul and other free-market conservatives would have applauded him.

Stratovarious
01-15-2019, 08:59 AM
Exactly. Meanwhile, Ron Paul and other free-market conservatives would have applauded him.

Probably the 'others' , but Ron isn't locked in with the open border crowd, I believe his views agree
with mine; Streamline Immigration, but no amnesty and no free lunch at taxpayer expense.
I don't think Ron was crazy about the wall, neither was I, but coupled with eradication of all
freebies and incentives, it works.

Superfluous Man
01-15-2019, 09:03 AM
Probably the 'others' , but Ron isn't locked in with the open border crowd, I believe his views agree
with mine; Streamline Immigration, but no amnesty a no free lunch at taxpayer expense.
I don't think Ron was crazy about the wall, neither was I, but coupled with eradication of all
freebies and incentives, it works.

The only specific issue you mentioned was the wall. And Ron Paul has been pretty consistently and dogmatically against a border wall for years.

He also believes that there should be no limit on how many people can come here to live and work without becoming citizens, that there should be no requirements placed on employers to involve themselves in enforcement of immigration laws, that hardly anyone should be deported, and that people should be able to enter the country without even having to show a passport.

I don't know exactly what your views on this are. If you recall, I once asked you and you refused to say. But I wonder if your views might really be more in line with the liberals you mentioned who would have been livid with Trump if he had come out against a border wall, rather than for one.

Stratovarious
01-15-2019, 09:44 AM
The only specific issue you mentioned was the wall. And Ron Paul has been pretty consistently and dogmatically against a border wall for years.

He also believes that there should be no limit on how many people can come here to live and work without becoming citizens, that there should be no requirements placed on employers to involve themselves in enforcement of immigration laws, that hardly anyone should be deported, and that people should be able to enter the country without even having to show a passport.

I don't know exactly what your views on this are. If you recall, I once asked you and you refused to say. But I wonder if your views might really be more in line with the liberals you mentioned who would have been livid with Trump if he had come out against a border wall, rather than for one.

:frog:

I did state my view; No to Illegal Aliens.
I also pointed out that the wall without eradication of
all incentives is not enough, as well as the need to vet
for Disease, Felons, Terrorists etc.
Your stated views were a weird rant on morality and high platitude
mussing's of if's, backed up with same.
You offered NO specific, succinct solutions, or plan that would
vet immigrants with said issues.
'So' yea , you want to split hairs again for 5 pages without actually stating
your stance and plan, clearly, have at it, debate the meaning of 'is' all you
wish, solo.

:frog:

dannno
01-15-2019, 09:50 AM

On his 2012 campaign website, Ron Paul said securing the border should be the "top national security priority."

He wants to allow anybody in who wants to work, not who wants welfare...

That is a far cry from allowing anybody in with our massive welfare state..