Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 09:27 AM
Yeah, fuck them.

EBounding
01-14-2019, 09:41 AM
I just want a razor that doesn't dull after 1 week. :(

Origanalist
01-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Wow, a bit heavy for someone selling razor blades...

Yeah, fuck them.

Seriously.

fedupinmo
01-14-2019, 10:02 AM
I just want a razor that doesn't dull after 1 week. :(

https://www.amazon.com/Equate-Triple-Blade-Disposable-Razors/dp/B0791Y16H4

nikcers
01-14-2019, 10:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 10:10 AM

I'm guessing that their marketing stats show that women do the razor purchasing, or some shit. because that ad aint gonna get men to go out and buy them.

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 10:17 AM
And evidently only white men (and one middleeasterner) bbq.

nobody's_hero
01-14-2019, 10:33 AM
I'm kind of envious of other men who have epic beards.

It's been my experience that people respect you more when you have a well trimmed beard. One nurse I worked with, totally in violation of dress code, had a beard that made him look like General Stonewall Jackson. You'd better damn believe that when he spoke, people listened.

Shaggy beards won't do it though. Just makes you look like a hobo. Still even that is a step up from clean-shaven. No one listens to a baby.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Sorry, what was the problem with the ad?

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 10:40 AM
Still even that is a step up from clean-shaven. No one listens to a baby.

Nonsense. A clean shave is a look REAL men have worn, and garnered legitimate respect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95OApfJaRQ

CCTelander
01-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Switch to Harry's.

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 10:49 AM

Did it make you want to run out and buy their razors?

dannno
01-14-2019, 10:57 AM

The same movement they took all their cliche phrases from thinks it is ok to drug 5 year old boys with hormone blockers because they think they want to be a girl. When they design a gyno-centric school system and the boys get bored of it, they drug them. They promote the idea that hitting on women is the same as sexual assault. They make you believe male sexual desire is a socially inspired illusion that requires no satiation, and that women can be happier raising children by themselves than with a male partner (or not raising children at all and having an emotional support animal.) Or a "strong woman" super hero who beats up bad guys.

They are doing everything in their power to destroy the family unit. They have taken over educational institutions long ago. They have recently taken over social media corporations. They want to take over everything.

If you don't understand that and fight it with us, they will win.

TER
01-14-2019, 11:00 AM
I don’t have the know how to make one, but an idea I thought about is an app which you can enter in any companies or their affiliates to boycott and then when you do your shopping(for example online), non of their products show up (or they are flagged). Like an add-on to Amazon or something. I would definitely use such an app.

The only thing these board of directors care about is the bottom line. Boycotts need to happen.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-14-2019, 11:13 AM
That's fabulousth. Where can I find their lipstick?

donnay
01-14-2019, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gfw03p-5S-Q

https://www.dollarshaveclub.com

oyarde
01-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Nonsense. A clean shave is a look REAL men have worn, and garnered legitimate respect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q95OApfJaRQ

After about a decade of that I gave up on it .

oyarde
01-14-2019, 11:53 AM
That's fabulousth. Where can I find their lipstick?

in between the nail polish and pads .

oyarde
01-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Switch to Harry's.

If I was using them I would consider that .

TheTexan
01-14-2019, 12:04 PM
I'm guessing that their marketing stats show that women do the razor purchasing, or some shit. because that ad aint gonna get men to go out and buy them.

This is true, women usually do the grocery shopping. Most men have better things to do

oyarde
01-14-2019, 12:12 PM
This is true, women usually do the grocery shopping. Most men have better things to do

My Dad did not use a gilette . He did tell me though if he or I do the shopping it will cost less . I told him that seemed right but most guys do not want to hear them complain about the purchases . He said that is where they went wrong , ever allowing any complaining in the first place . That is to be forbidden.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 12:26 PM
I don’t have the know how to make one, but an idea I thought about is an app which you can enter in any companies or their affiliates to boycott and then when you do your shopping(for example online), non of their products show up (or they are flagged). Like an add-on to Amazon or something. I would definitely use such an app.

The only thing these board of directors care about is the bottom line. Boycotts need to happen.

I disagree.

They obviously don't care, when they undertake ad campaigns that piss off half their customer base.

Preaching to us and "social justice" is obviously more important to them than selling as many of their products to as many people as possible in order to increase profits, increase return to shareholders and increase employee pay and benefits.

Now, that said, they will care when they are out on the street, and Gillette is out of business.

Let's make them the next "Go Woke Go Broke" company.

jkr
01-14-2019, 12:27 PM
soooo am i telling p&g to F off AGAIN!

Stratovarious
01-14-2019, 12:28 PM
[video=youtube;z2rIgsPlJd0]...

warning: this is cringe level 1000

I can't bring myself to watch it, thanks for the warning.
I use those little Yellow/orange Bic Disposable, best I've
ever been able to find.

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 12:34 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw5DvzXXcAASHAd.jpg

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Did it make you want to run out and buy their razors?

Not especially, but I also didn't see anything particularly "anti-male" about it.

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 01:01 PM
Not especially
Well that's one problem with it; which is what you asked.

but I also didn't see anything particularly "anti-male" about it.
yeah, I dunno about anti-male, but its retarded.

angelatc
01-14-2019, 01:03 PM
I disagree.

They obviously don't care, when they undertake ad campaigns that piss off half their customer base.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw5LnpDWsAErOGa.jpg:large

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:04 PM
The same movement they took all their cliche phrases from thinks it is ok to drug 5 year old boys with hormone blockers because they think they want to be a girl. When they design a gyno-centric school system and the boys get bored of it, they drug them. They promote the idea that hitting on women is the same as sexual assault. They make you believe male sexual desire is a socially inspired illusion that requires no satiation, and that women can be happier raising children by themselves than with a male partner (or not raising children at all and having an emotional support animal.) Or a "strong woman" super hero who beats up bad guys.

They are doing everything in their power to destroy the family unit. They have taken over educational institutions long ago. They have recently taken over social media corporations. They want to take over everything.

If you don't understand that and fight it with us, they will win.

The only thing that I noticed vis-a-vis the whole culture warz franchise was a rather quick and passing reference to the "#MeToo" thing... Other than that (and I'll grant you that), all I saw was an ad that promoted manners, really. There wasn't anything emasculating about the ad, unless you consider cat-calling women and brawling to be particularly masculine attributes.

We come off no better than teh snowflakez when we make a big deal about things such as this. This is nothing.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:07 PM

What, shaving?

I don't particularly calibrate my respect for another man with regard to his facial hair, or lack thereof; I find it absurd to assert that respectability is somehow tied to it.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:10 PM
I disagree.

Preaching to us and "social justice" is obviously more important to them than selling as many of their products to as many people as possible in order to increase profits, increase return to shareholders and increase employee pay and benefits.

Now, that said, they will care when they are out on the street, and Gillette is out of business.

Let's make them the next "Go Woke Go Broke" company.

Dafuq was woke about it!?

How am I missing this apparently obvious message? Other than a passing reference to "#MeToo", there wasn't anything that should be offensive to the libertarian sensibility... don't get into fights, and don't objectify women... how is that SJW posturing!?

oyarde
01-14-2019, 01:10 PM
What, shaving?

I don't particularly calibrate my respect for another man with regard to his facial hair, or lack thereof; I find it absurd to assert that respectability is somehow tied to it.

Yes , shaving outdoors in the winter is what turned me against it. I assumed everyone would think I was lazy , but did not care . I also realized that it would only be a matter of time before it was in style again.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:15 PM
Yes , shaving outdoors in the winter is what turned me against it. I assumed everyone would think I was lazy , but did not care . I also realized that it would only be a matter of time before it was in style again.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, I can't imagine shaving outdoors in the winter is particularly pleasant.

For the record, that wasn't exactly what I was peddling... more the idea that facial hair is somehow tied to masculinity. I contend that the fellow being portrayed in that scene was more of a man than anyone trotting around with a manicured beard these days, but that's just me maybe...

dannno
01-14-2019, 01:18 PM
The only thing that I noticed vis-a-vis the whole culture warz franchise was a rather quick and passing reference to the "#MeToo" thing... Other than that (and I'll grant you that), all I saw was an ad that promoted manners, really. There wasn't anything emasculating about the ad, unless you consider cat-calling women and brawling to be particularly masculine attributes.

We come off no better than teh snowflakez when we make a big deal about things such as this. This is nothing.

That shows how poorly you are paying attention. Not just to the commercial, but everything. I heard a reference to SJWspeak almost once a second. So did almost everybody else here, because they are paying attention too.

devil21
01-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Notice that the ad is in the "unlisted" category, which I think (correct me if I'm wrong) means it doesn't show up in search results and can only be viewed by direct link. Not intended for mass viewing...

When all the soy boys stop growing hair due to the estrogen, bye bye Gillette.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
That shows how poorly you are paying attention. Not just to the commercial, but everything. I heard a reference to SJWspeak almost once a second. So did almost everybody else here, because they are paying attention too.

Or that your antennae are too sensitive...

Most people will watch that ad and find very little to be objectionable. And most people would be right. The clear takeaways there are that bullying, brawling, and objectifying women are poor behaviors for gentlemen to model. And that is entirely correct.

Yes, I understand that within the context of the current paradigm, it would be easy enough to suss out an SJW narrative here, but we shouldn't be running around looking for goblins behind every blade of grass - there was nothing emasculating about the ad, and that's frankly a victory in today's climate. I found nothing about the ad to be particularly anti-male. If I'm missing something, please point it out.

dannno
01-14-2019, 01:33 PM

Most people will watch that ad and find very little to be objectionable. And most people would be right. The clear takeaways there are that bullying, brawling, and objectifying women are poor behaviors for gentlemen to model.

Yes, I understand that within the context of the current paradigm, it would be easy enough to suss out an SJW narrative here, but we shouldn't be running around looking for goblins behind every blade of grass - there was nothing emasculating about the ad, and that's frankly a victory in today's climate. I found nothing about the ad to be particularly anti-male. If I'm missing something, please point it out.

Women bully people more than men (ask a woman) - women are violent towards children far more than men (ask a scientist) - almost all women these days are attracted to men who objectify them and loath men who are attracted to them in a healthy way (ask Christian Grey)

But hey, men are the bad guys, right? We need to work on ourselves. Women are so great. They are so strong. There is nothing wrong with women.. there is no way they can improve. We just need men to get out of their way so they can become great. It's all our fault.

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 01:36 PM

Most people will watch that ad and find very little to be objectionable. And most people would be right. The clear takeaways there are that bullying, brawling, and objectifying women are poor behaviors for gentlemen to model. And that is entirely correct.

I'm offended by its lack of minority actors. The director was clearly a white supremacist, otherwise they would have put in at least 1 black and Hispanic bbq chef in the scene.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:41 PM
Women bully people more than men (ask a woman) - women are violent towards children far more than men (ask a scientist) - almost all women these days are attracted to men who objectify them and loath men who are attracted to them in a healthy way (ask Christian Grey)

But hey, men are the bad guys, right? We need to work on ourselves. Women are so great. They are so strong. There is nothing wrong with women.. there is no way they can improve. We just need men to get out of their way so they can become great. It's all our fault.

It's an ad for men's shaving cream, so...

Calm down a little. Speaking for myself, I didn't feel the least bit bad about myself as a man when I watched that ad. If you did, maybe you need to work on you a little bit.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:41 PM
I'm offended by its lack of minority actors. The director was clearly a white supremacist, otherwise they would have put in at least 1 black and Hispanic bbq chef in the scene.

lol :up:

dannno
01-14-2019, 01:52 PM
It's an ad for men's shaving cream, so...

Calm down a little. Speaking for myself, I didn't feel the least bit bad about myself as a man when I watched that ad. If you did, maybe you need to work on you a little bit.

Well I guess when everything is completely fucked, you will still be clueless as to why.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Well I guess when everything is completely $#@!ed, you will still be clueless as to why.

Why, because I didn't feel bad about myself as a man when I watched this ad? Or because I'm not outraged about this ad?

You want me to be pissed off about things, I can be pissed off about things. This just doesn't rate for me. Sorry.

And again, if we want to look like a bunch of cranks who can't hold their shit together every time someone sneezes in a way we don't approve, good luck doing anything about the things that piss you off. The people around you are gonna just be like, "yeah yeah, I hear ya", then turn their backs and say "oooookay, whackadoo".

UWDude
01-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Why, because I didn't feel bad about myself as a man when I watched this ad? Or because I'm not outraged about this ad?

You want me to be pissed off about things, I can be pissed off about things. This just doesn't rate for me. Sorry.

And again, if we

Who is this "we" you are so concerned about looking like a bunch of cranks?

Why are you trying to use persuasive language. Why not just say what you feel about the ad, and be done with it?

I've known for a long time corporations are specifically targeting propaganda to the unintelligent masses for their premature medical disposal in a litany of modern ailments and deaths.. ...but as I see the masses apathy to the situation, I start to almost admire the corporations, and their laser-focued surgical removals of human idiocy from the gene-pool. Does that make me a Nazi, or should I keep wasting my breath warning the "sheeple"?

Those sicknesses will all be quite painful in all their little ways, but omelettes and eggs. Buh-bye weakest links.

Notice that the ad is in the "unlisted" category, which I think (correct me if I'm wrong) means it doesn't show up in search results and can only be viewed by direct link. Not intended for mass viewing...

See above. This was a targeted strike. Possibly AI gathering tool, so youtube can watch downvotes and comments, more censorship fodder.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 02:21 PM
Dafuq was woke about it!?

How am I missing this apparently obvious message? Other than a passing reference to "#MeToo", there wasn't anything that should be offensive to the libertarian sensibility... don't get into fights, and don't objectify women... how is that SJW posturing!?

What part of the business model of making razors does it include lecturing me about manners?

And just a passing reference to PoundMeToo should be enough to dismiss the clip as nothing SJW posturing.

#BelieveAllWomen...due process and Fourth Amendment and all that nonsense be damned, amirite?

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 02:23 PM

Pipe down cisgender shitlord.

It needs LBTGTRBBQ role models.

UWDude
01-14-2019, 02:30 PM
Speaking for myself, I didn't feel the least bit bad about myself as a man when I watched that ad. If you did, maybe you need to work on you a little bit.

I am just fine with myself, and who I am, both as a man, and as a human being, and as part of the higher consciousness.
I don't need to reflect on myself after watching a fucking ad put out by Procter & Gamble.
Sorry, I stopped attending The Holy Church of Television Ads about 30 years ago.
Maybe you should consider switching who you get your sermons from.
My soul mind and spirit are centered so tightly they are focused.
I do not need or appreciate your advice for happiness.
And I certainly don't need it from a razor company.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:41 PM
I am just fine with myself, and who I am, both as a man, and as a human being, and as part of the higher consciousness.
I don't need to reflect on myself after watching a $#@!ing ad put out by Procter & Gamble.
Sorry, I stopped attending The Holy Church of Television Ads about 30 years ago.
Maybe you should consider switching who you get your sermons from.
My soul mind and spirit are centered so tightly they are focused.
I do not need or appreciate your advice for happiness.
And I certainly don't need it from a razor company.

I'm not taking sermons from P&G, the pulpit, or from you.

I didn't offer you any advice, other than that maybe just maybe lighten up a little.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:42 PM
What part of the business model of making razors does it include lecturing me about manners?

Nothing, but how often do ads have anything to do with the product?

And just a passing reference to PoundMeToo should be enough to dismiss the clip as nothing SJW posturing.

#BelieveAllWomen...due process and Fourth Amendment and all that nonsense be damned, amirite?

NONE OF THAT WAS IN THE AD.

Jeezus people...

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 02:44 PM
Nothing, but how often do ads have anything to do with the product?
Jeezus people...

So you didn't get the impression that the ad was implying that all/most men exhibit this poor behavior?

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:50 PM
So you didn't get the impression that the ad was implying that all/most men exhibit this poor behavior?

I didn't, but I could see where one might get that impression.

But I think that most men exhibit poor behavior these days, and that they could benefit from the message that I got myself - that objectifying women, bullying, and brawling isn't behavior that gentlemen exhibit. Nothing wrong with that.

dannno
01-14-2019, 02:52 PM

It's hilarious you think I "felt bad" watching it..

I don't bully people, except for the occasional RPF troll.. I don't assault women, harass women, belittle women or anything like that. I treat women very respectfully.

Guess what that makes me?

Single.

You want to know who women are fucking? Guys with face tats. Guys who beat their girlfriends. Guys who don't give a fuck about them, or really anything for that matter. Why? Because the same people who made that ad are out there telling women to empower themselves. You don't need a guy who is kind, loyal and committed to raise your family. You can do that on your own. So just go out and fuck all of the complete losers, get them on child support and pick up welfare from the government. Or find some wealthy sociopath who owns a helicopter..

Don't you see the mixed signals? That ad is a fucking joke. If women really wanted men to behave better, they would fuck guys who were well behaved. Instead, they talk about how they want guys to act, then end up fucking the exact opposite. Guess what that produces? First, they take the DNA from these douchebags and insert them into their children. Second, they take guys who would otherwise be normal dudes and turn them into douchebags because that is how they can get laid.

But hey, keep blaming this all on "men" and let's see how far you get with that. Let's keep making ads telling men to behave better, let's see how their lives improve.. LOL.. sorry, but you are really clueless

UWDude
01-14-2019, 02:52 PM
maybe lighten up a little.

maybe you need to work on you a little bit.

no.
I dont have to.
Instead, I will begin to draw from within the well of hatred I feel for your weak soul, so the two of us can open a channel of incursion.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
I think this is just outrage-porn for the conservative-cum-libertarian type, and - again - it's no better than snowflake behavior quite frankly.

There are things in the world to be outraged by, to be sure. And I'd agree that this ad flirts with the whole *men 're bad, mkay* culture d'jour... but let's have a little sense about us - nothing about this ad was emasculating; nothing about it tore down the traditional conception of masculinity... unless you associate the poor behaviors of cat-calling, brawling and bullying with masculinity. But then that would be on you, not the ad.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:54 PM
dupe

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:55 PM
no.
I dont have to.
Instead, I will begin to draw from within the well of hatred I feel for your weak soul, so the two of us can open a channel of incursion.

:tears:

Grow up, keyboard commando.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 02:58 PM

I don't bully people, except for the occasional RPF troll.. I don't assault women, harass women, belittle women or anything like that. I treat women very respectfully.

Single.

You want to know who women are $#@!ing? Guys with face tats. Guys who beat their girlfriends. Guys who don't give a $#@! about them, or really anything for that matter. Why? Because the same people who made that ad are out there telling women to empower themselves. You don't need a guy who is kind, loyal and committed to raise your family. You can do that on your own. So just go out and $#@! all of the complete losers, get them on child support and pick up welfare from the government. Or find some wealthy sociopath who owns a helicopter..

Don't you see the mixed signals? That ad is a $#@!ing joke. If women really wanted men to behave better, they would $#@! guys who were well behaved. Instead, they talk about how they want guys to act, then end up $#@!ing the exact opposite. Guess what that produces? First, they take the DNA from these douchebags and insert them into their children. Second, they take guys who would otherwise be normal dudes and turn them into douchebags because that is how they can get laid.

But hey, keep blaming this all on "men" and let's see how far you get with that. Let's keep making ads telling men to behave better, let's see how their lives improve.. LOL.. sorry, but you are really clueless

Holy shit. I guess we watched different ads.

Whatever. I didn't blame anything on "all men", and I didn't accuse you or anyone of bullying anyone, or anything like that. ALL I SAID WAS I DIDN'T THINK THIS AD WAS SOME ANTI-MALE PROPAGANDA PIECE.

Jeezus, this place sometimes...

UWDude
01-14-2019, 02:59 PM
:tears:

Grow up, keyboard commando.

Disbelief was the intended response.
Don't worry about the rest.
Or your balls.

But here is my advice to you: I'd check the left one for a lump, Febreezey.
Just kidding. It's your liver that is the problem.
You'll find out in the July sun sign.

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:01 PM
Holy $#@!. I guess we watched different ads.

Whatever. I didn't blame anything on "all men", and I didn't accuse you or anyone of bullying anyone, or anything like that. ALL I SAID WAS I DIDN'T THINK THIS AD WAS SOME ANTI-MALE PROPAGANDA PIECE.

Jeezus, this place sometimes...

maybe lighten up a little

Now, after disbelief, male testosterone competitive rage. The subject is prone, and ready for the psionic attack. It is a faite complis.

It is a little ironic, don'cha think? A little too-ooh ironic.

And then we open the other channel. And I close.
This was not born of hatred, merely curiosity.
That is why you could not see, or fathom.
I need a more challenging victim.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Disbelief was the intended response.
Don't worry about the rest.
Or your balls.

But here is my advice to you: I'd check the left one for a lump, Febreezey.
Just kidding. It's your liver that is the problem.

Lol ok. Thanks, I'll look into that. :up:

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Now, after disbelief, rage. The subject is prone, and ready for the psionic attack. It is a faite complis.

Too easy. I need a more challenging victim.

It's fait accompli.

And I think what you meant is that you need a challenged victim... someone more in line with your skillset.

Tell ya what, you practice your virtual mind magic on someone who finds that interesting, and next time I'll just keep my opinions to myself, so you don't have to deplete your mental faculties on such a meager "victim" as myself, mkay?

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Lol ok. Thanks, I'll look into that. :up:

I'd rather you didn't until next July sun sign.

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 03:12 PM

But I think that most men exhibit poor behavior these days, and that they could benefit from the message that I got myself - that objectifying women, bullying, and brawling isn't behavior that gentlemen exhibit. Nothing wrong with that.

We are of a different mind then. Most men I've been around do NOT exhibit such behavior and we don't need to be lectured about it. Mind you, I'm not offended by the ad, just think its not a good way to sell your razors to men.

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:12 PM
It's fait accompli.

And I think what you meant is that you need a challenged victim... someone more in line with your skillset.

Tell ya what, you practice your virtual mind magic on someone who finds that interesting, and next time I'll just keep my opinions to myself, so you don't have to deplete your mental faculties on such a meager "victim" as myself, mkay?

You can not tell me what to do. My existence is my own, and I live it as I choose, as I am the god of my universe.

Just forget everything I have written.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:15 PM
You can not tell me what to do. My existence is my own, and I live it as I choose, as I am the god of my universe.

I'm pretty sure you're drunk. Maybe high. Probably high, actually.

Enjoy your afternoon!

Just forget everything I have written.

I wasn't listening in the first place.

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:16 PM
I wasn't listening in the first place.

Observe, the victim agrees to my demands, when I reject his.
Very beta.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:19 PM
We are of a different mind then. Most men I've been around do NOT exhibit such behavior and we don't need to be lectured about it.

I think most men exhibit poor behavior. I don't know that most men exhibit the behavior in the ad. Maybe they do. I think a lot do.

I'd agree with you that decent men don't need to be lectured about it. Speaking personally, I didn't feel as though the ad was speaking to me.

Mind you, I'm not offended by the ad, just think its not a good way to sell your razors to men.

Couldn't agree more. I wasn't offended, and it's not a good way to sell razors.

Again, I just didn't see the ANTI-MALE angle that was suggested by the OP and the thread title. It's not ANTI-MALE. The ad didn't say, "ALL YOU MEN - YOU SUCK. CUT OFF YOUR BALLS AND BOW BEFORE WOMEN". I mean, unless I missed that. Maybe UWDUDE used some mind-magic on me and I missed it. :shrug:

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Maybe UWDUDE used some mind-magic on me and I missed it. :shrug:

You didn't miss it, but you will forget it.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Observe, the victim agrees to my demands, when I reject his.
Very beta.

Yes, you're the quintessential alpha male. lol

Can't help it, but when I read your posts now, in my head I hear them in Chris Hardwick (stand up comedian) nerd voice...

CCTelander
01-14-2019, 03:26 PM
It's fait accompli.

I suppose when one holds a sixth grade schoolyard bully cum POTUS as one's hero, we can't expect much better. Sad state of affairs overall.

And please do not keep your opinions to yourself. Even on those occasions when I disagree your opinion, unlike those of some around here, yours is always worth the effort to read and digest.

Krugminator2
01-14-2019, 03:29 PM
The ad was, of course, disgusting.

And if there is any doubt where they are coming from (and there isn't), why do you think included they two clips from The Young Turks? Is it just random that they included the farthest left-wing crackpot show which promotes the idea that (white) men are a cancer and every other group should be given special treatment?

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:37 PM
I suppose when one holds a sixth grade schoolyard bully cum POTUS as one's hero, we can't expect much better. Sad state of affairs overall.

And please do not keep your opinions to yourself. Even on those occasions when I disagree your opinion, unlike those of some around here, yours is always worth the effort to read and digest.

I'm offended that you EVAR disagree with me! RABBLE RABBLE! ;)

Thank you sir. Yours is among the diminishing number of voices for which I ever bother to visit this site anymore, infrequently as it is at this point.

shakey1
01-14-2019, 03:38 PM
The ad was just really weird.

Champ
01-14-2019, 03:38 PM
Having The Young Turks clip in there was a nice touch.

Is anyone still doubting the anti-male "agenda" at this point?

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Yes, you're the quintessential alpha male. lol

It has nothing to do with male. I did not say beta-male.

However, don't think that means you are not inferior to me.
you are.

Does somebody who never looks both ways before crossing the street, deserve to be run over by a semi, mushed within it's tires?

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:44 PM
The ad was, of course, disgusting.

And if there is any doubt where they are coming from (and there isn't), why do you think included they two clips from The Young Turks? Is it just random that they included the farthest left-wing crackpot show which promotes the idea that (white) men are a cancer and every other group should be given special treatment?

You and the 50 other people in the country who watch TYT caught that. I had to go back and re-watch the ad after you pointed it out, myself, and I consider myself to be unfortunately more aware of pop-media like TYT than even the above-average news consumer.

I'm not sure why I'm staying in the pocket in this thread, but I didn't see advocacy for special treatment for "every other group" in this ad. There were black and white men in the ad, on both sides of the subject material.

There is no doubt that there is a subplot to MOST modern media these days where men are portrayed not only as predators, but as a group in need of heeling. As I watch this ad, there's no question they dance around that subject matter, but I think they do a good job of keeping it impartial in terms of race, and also within the bounds of concerns which all decent people should have - again, namely objectification of women, bullying and brawling.

I've asked before, please point out what I'm missing here... and again, within the context of this particular ad.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:45 PM
It has nothing to do with male. I did not say beta-male.

However, don't think that means you are not inferior to me.
you are.

The only way I think myself inferior to you is in scale of hubris and absurdity.

Does somebody who never looks both ways before crossing the street, deserve to be run over by a semi, mushed within it's tires?

Perhaps also in terms of slam poetry...

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:49 PM
The only way I think myself inferior to you is in scale of hubris and absurdity.

You think reality is based on what you think?
No wonder your life is such a mess.
But you are correct, in a way.

UWDude
01-14-2019, 03:52 PM

Single.

You want to know who women are $#@!ing? Guys with face tats. Guys who beat their girlfriends. Guys who don't give a $#@! about them, or really anything for that matter. Why? Because the same people who made that ad are out there telling women to empower themselves. You don't need a guy who is kind, loyal and committed to raise your family. You can do that on your own. So just go out and $#@! all of the complete losers, get them on child support and pick up welfare from the government. Or find some wealthy sociopath who owns a helicopter..

Don't you see the mixed signals? That ad is a $#@!ing joke. If women really wanted men to behave better, they would $#@! guys who were well behaved. Instead, they talk about how they want guys to act, then end up $#@!ing the exact opposite. Guess what that produces? First, they take the DNA from these douchebags and insert them into their children. Second, they take guys who would otherwise be normal dudes and turn them into douchebags because that is how they can get laid.

I say this out of a need for it to be said.
Culture may have some small impact on why you have no girlfriend.
You are very wrong about what women want. Women only go for those kind of guys because they are the only ones aggressive enough to pursue them, which tend to be the kind of men that give no thought to the morning after.

But I'd bet 55,160 posts on this board is a much bigger reason.
The sun is out, where I am at.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:55 PM
You think reality is based on what you think?
No wonder your life is such a mess.
But you are correct, in a way.

Yep, you're high.

A Son of Liberty
01-14-2019, 03:56 PM

lol :up:

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 04:03 PM
We are of a different mind then. Most men I've been around do NOT exhibit such behavior and we don't need to be lectured about it. Mind you, I'm not offended by the ad, just think its not a good way to sell your razors to men.
^^^THIS^^^

Krugminator2
01-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Y

I've asked before, please point out what I'm missing here... and again, within the context of this particular ad.

Using #MeToo 3 seconds in? But just the left wing politics alone are offensive, I have a better commercial that addresses bad male behavior and is an actual real problem, not the phony epidemic of rape culture. 72% of black kids are born without married fathers. Maybe ask "Is that the best a man can get?" and show a black guy with pants hanging down who barely speaks English. That is an actual real problem, not kids wrestling in the grass. And instead of Young Turks have Alex Jones in the ad. My guess is most people would think that is bad idea because it is divisive just like the commercial Gilette ran is divisive.

Businesses should perform the only social responsibility they have, which is to make money for their shareholders and avoid being woke and going broke.

But the doctrine of "social responsibility" taken seriously would extend the scope of the political mechanism to every human activity. It does not differ in philosophy from the most explicitly collective doctrine. It differs only by professing to believe that collectivist ends can be attained without collectivist means. That is why, in my book Capitalism and Freedom, I have called it a "fundamentally subversive doctrine" in a free society, and have said that insuch a society, "there is one and only one social responsibility of business--to use its resourcesand engage in activities designed to increase its profits so long as it stays within the rules of the game, which is to say, engages in open and free competition without deception or fraud."
http://www.umich.edu/~thecore/doc/Friedman.pdf

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 04:10 PM
It isn't their place to lecture anyone about anything and jumping on the current liberal bandwagon of man hate is just plain stupid for a company that sells its product primarily to men.

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 04:13 PM

Jeezus people...
All of that is in #MeeToo

dannno
01-14-2019, 04:13 PM
I say this out of a need for it to be said.
Culture may have some small impact on why you have no girlfriend.
You are very wrong about what women want. Women only go for those kind of guys because they are the only ones aggressive enough to pursue them, which tend to be the kind of men that give no thought to the morning after.

The sun is out, where I am at.

Well it's raining here, but it never rains here.

Assuming you work at least 40 hours/week indoors like I do, I would bet I spend more time outside than you. I have a job that is highly conducive to posting on forums and getting work done at the same time. I also post at night some times instead of watching tv or movies or playing video games like most people.

I had a gf who I lived with for about 3 years. She was a Ron Paul supporter.. the only female Ron Paul supporter I ever met outside of meetups. Unfortunately she was also bi-polar, not very stable. Didn't work out.

donnay
01-14-2019, 04:14 PM
More brainwashing commercials no different than the ones Big pHARMa puts out. I hate commercial TV.

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 04:19 PM
I thought Injuns didn't need to shave.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2019, 04:51 PM
Sorry folks, this was nothing more than a miscommunication. The marketing department did a focus group with men to determine what would be a good public service campaign. Through the various levels of management, bureaucracy and autocorrect software, the message changed from what was originally directed.

The original message was: “As this is an important issue for men, our public service campaign will strive to publicize awareness for men to check their prostate.”

The message as received at the writing and video production department: “Men have issues, so as a public service campaign, we must publicize that men must check and prostrate themselves.”

oyarde
01-14-2019, 04:52 PM
I thought Injuns didn't need to shave.

A lot do not . When I was about 17 all I had was peach fuzz . They made me shave it every day in the Army , after a few years it was like everybody elses . I think the shaving caused it .

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 04:54 PM
A lot do not . When I was about 17 all I had was peach fuzz . They made me shave it every day in the Army , after a few years it was like everybody elses .
Now you get to enjoy a little bit of white privilege.

oyarde
01-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Now you get to enjoy a little bit of white privilege.

My beard is white so ......

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 04:58 PM
My beard is white so ......
So that should qualify you for a little more.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-14-2019, 04:59 PM
The irony is they're advertising to a demographic that doesn't have enough testosterone to shave.

oyarde
01-14-2019, 05:06 PM
So that should qualify you for a little more.

I told the guys at the hardware I want the same discount they give Danke, they told me they charge him more .

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 05:09 PM
I told the guys at the hardware I want the same discount they give Danke, they told me they charge him more .
That's understandable.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-14-2019, 05:29 PM
I'm glad this was posted on RPF because the forum can now be introduced to a concept that is going to be very prominent in the coming years; Woke Capital. Major corporations are among the biggest pushers of progressive social attitudes. Everyone from movie studios to game developers to car companies to now fucking shaving firms push SJW leftist propaganda. There's a Woke Capital twitter page and the guy who runs it claims that there is exactly one multinational corporation who hasn't started pushing these narratives.

The question of corporate power both politically and culturally is going to be the most important question of the early 21st Century and boilerplate libertarianism has no remotely interesting or helpful answers to what's actually going on.

BTW for those interested
https://twitter.com/WokeCapital

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 05:43 PM
I'm glad this was posted on RPF because the forum can now be introduced to a concept that is going to be very prominent in the coming years; Woke Capital. Major corporations are among the biggest pushers of progressive social attitudes. Everyone from movie studios to game developers to car companies to now $#@!ing shaving firms push SJW leftist propaganda. There's a Woke Capital twitter page and the guy who runs it claims that there is exactly one multinational corporation who hasn't started pushing these narratives.

The question of corporate power both politically and culturally is going to be the most important question of the early 21st Century and boilerplate libertarianism has no remotely interesting or helpful answers to what's actually going on.

BTW for those interested

The long term answer is to get rid of the taxes and regulations etc. that protect them from competition, the short and medium term answers are more difficult.

phill4paul
01-14-2019, 05:57 PM
What? Their ad wasn't about plastic disposable razors that destroy the environment and choke sea turtles?

I'll stick to my steel single edge safety razor.

DamianTV
01-14-2019, 05:59 PM

+Rep

Sharing opinions allows us all to look at topics from other perspectives we have not considered. The ideas that help us grow are often the ideas that challenge existing beliefs. Further examination of challenging ideas will either show us a better idea, or show us how things dont work. It is our differences that can unite us and make us strong. On ideas, it is the Idea that we all need to be Cookie Cutter Voters with the same mindset that causes conflict.

Anti Globalist
01-14-2019, 06:04 PM
Didn't make me want to buy a razor. I'm horrible at growing facial hair anyway. Occasionally I have to buzz off some facial hair but nothing crazy.

DamianTV
01-14-2019, 06:16 PM

Seriously.

A bit? The Image of Good Men is being attacked from EVERY SIDE that the Elitist have control over.

Dig deeper. Why do they want to attack Men? Because Men will be the ones that fight and die in the wars against the elite. The elite are not scared of women or children or immigrants or those whose minds they control. They fear MEN. And MEN will not be able to fight against the elite if they are continuously stabbed in the back by those they fight to protect.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-14-2019, 06:30 PM
The long term answer is to get rid of the taxes and regulations etc. that protect them from competition, the short and medium term answers are more difficult.
Is it? Of course, I'm in favor of more competition and lower barriers to entry, but I'm not convinced that's a solution to Woke Capital. Gilette has plenty of competition. More than ever due to companies like Dollar Shave Club (which is an excellent company for the record, and sponsors anti-SJW content on YouTube). Game companies have a metric shitton of competition and that doesn't stop them from being absolutely infested with progressivism, perhaps worse than any other industry. Competition doesn't seem to create conservative or even just non-progressive cultural companies.

ThePaleoLibertarian
01-14-2019, 06:33 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dw5DvzXXcAASHAd.jpg
Holy shit. This is like the coming of a Woke Capital singularity.

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 06:41 PM
Is it? Of course, I'm in favor of more competition and lower barriers to entry, but I'm not convinced that's a solution to Woke Capital. Gilette has plenty of competition. More than ever due to companies like Dollar Shave Club (which is an excellent company for the record, and sponsors anti-SJW content on YouTube). Game companies have a metric $#@!ton of competition and that doesn't stop them from being absolutely infested with progressivism, perhaps worse than any other industry. Competition doesn't seem to create conservative or even just non-progressive cultural companies.
If they have REAL competition then they can go as woke and broke as they like, the problem is that most of the "competition" is owned or controlled by the same woke capital, we do NOT have a free market in capital and we are much too close to needing a redistributive revolution than I like because of it, when the oligarchs have stolen everything we will have no other choice.

Besides the taxes and regulations that limit competition the increasing impoverishment of the middle-class and the poor reduces their ability to make market choices based on cultural/political factors and forces them to buy whatever they can afford no matter how bad the company is.

RJB
01-14-2019, 06:59 PM
This is stupid. They advertise by showing the worst stereotypes of their target customers. It's as insane as feminine hygiene ads lecturing women about being bitchy when PMSing. Or ads for African hair weaves lecturing black people about looting. I mean think of any group's worst stereotype and imagine an ad agency lecturing Jews, Muslims, Evangelicals...

Screw it. I shaved my beard a few days ago. I was going to go clean shaven for a while, but I am growing it back as of now!

specsaregood
01-14-2019, 07:09 PM
This is stupid. They advertise by showing the worst stereotypes of their target customers. It's as insane as feminine hygiene ads lecturing women about being bitchy when PMSing. Or ads for African hair weaves lecturing black people about looting. I mean think of any group's worst stereotype and imagine an ad agency lecturing Jews, Muslims, Evangelicals...

"Director of the spot is Kim Gehrig, who was selected via P&G's partnership with Free the Bid, a program that launched in 2016 that aims to get more female directors on ads. P&G began getting involed with the effort last year.
"

So they got a female director who's claim to fame is making a bunch of female empowerment advertisements, in order to make an advertisement for male razors? No surprise this is how it turned out.

RJB
01-14-2019, 07:12 PM
"Director of the spot is Kim Gehrig, who was selected via P&G's partnership with Free the Bid, a program that launched in 2016 that aims to get more female directors on ads. P&G began getting involed with the effort last year.
"

So they got a female director who's claim to fame is making a bunch of female empowerment advertisements, in order to make an advertisement for male razors? No surprise this is how it turned out.
They should hire me to direct and produce a commercial and marketing campaign for tampons. I am qualified. I post on RPFs.

CCTelander
01-14-2019, 07:14 PM
+Rep

Sharing opinions allows us all to look at topics from other perspectives we have not considered. The ideas that help us grow are often the ideas that challenge existing beliefs. Further examination of challenging ideas will either show us a better idea, or show us how things dont work. It is our differences that can unite us and make us strong. On ideas, it is the Idea that we all need to be Cookie Cutter Voters with the same mindset that causes conflict.

"You must spread some Reputation around..."

spudea
01-14-2019, 07:22 PM
this is feminazi propaganda. A handful of powerful celebrities finally get caught and suddenly all men have to be reeducated on what it means to be a decent person? total horseshit. Oh and the imagery of men watching TV, like TV causes men to disrespect women.... total horseshit. 43% of boys are raised by single mothers, 80% of teachers are female. Toxic masculinity isn't the problem. Lack of masculinity is.

spudea
01-14-2019, 07:32 PM
Gillette commercial: 43 males exhibit "undesirable" behavior, 42 white, 1 black. 7 males exhibit "desirable" behavior, 5 black, 2 white

"You're a fucking white male!!!"

Wooden Indian
01-14-2019, 08:32 PM

Forgive me please if this was already addressed last in the thread...

What does "objectifying women" mean today?

What does "bullying" mean?

In these days where new words and meanings for "old" words are invented and reinvented faster than you can blink (let alone deny allegations), you may wanna think twice about agreeing with their standards of behavior.

Origanalist
01-14-2019, 08:36 PM
A bit? The Image of Good Men is being attacked from EVERY SIDE that the Elitist have control over.

Dig deeper. Why do they want to attack Men? Because Men will be the ones that fight and die in the wars against the elite. The elite are not scared of women or children or immigrants or those whose minds they control. They fear MEN. And MEN will not be able to fight against the elite if they are continuously stabbed in the back by those they fight to protect.

Amen brother.

Origanalist
01-14-2019, 08:41 PM
"

This belongs here;
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530097-Toxic-femininity

Wooden Indian
01-14-2019, 08:58 PM
I haven't the energy to dig deeper than what I already saw, but word has it (for what that's worth) that the banking elite have pulled the trigger, and losses are not a blip on these companies radars... it's just not a concern.

4 or 5 corps own 90 something percent of what we commonly buy, use, watch, and whatever, so if and when one subsidiary goes broke, the others take the losses, and so on, until the world is fully saturated with and now accepts their words as gospel.

We say Free Market... they say, yeah... about that...

Eh but who knows... maybe it's just bad marketing.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 09:32 PM

Jeezus people...

Wait, what?

You said it was in the ad.

Other than a passing reference to "#MeToo"

Pound Me Too is about as "anti-libertarian" as you can get, as one of its prime tenets is that all accusers are to be believed, at all times, always, that there is no presumption of innocence when it comes to charges of harassment, abuse or rape when lodged by a woman against a man.

Now, you can be angry about that or not...it's up to you.

I find it to be a pretty dangerous concept in today's police state AmeriKa.

Your mileage may vary.

Origanalist
01-14-2019, 09:36 PM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/931725382626529280

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 09:39 PM
This is what the war on men will lead to:

Leftist French Website Calls For Heterosexuality to be Banned (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?530302-Leftist-French-Website-Calls-For-Heterosexuality-to-be-Banned)

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 09:45 PM
"

I knew it...the whole thing smelled like a diversity hire's first time at bat effort.

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 09:50 PM
I knew it...the whole thing smelled like a diversity hire's first time at bat effort.
There is even more "Diversity" to be found:

Reached for comment by the Wall Street Journal, Gillette brand director for North America Pankaj Bhalla said "This is an important conversation happening, and as a company that encourages men to be their best, we feel compelled to both address it and take action of our own," adding "We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together."

Yeah, no.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-14/gillettes-toxic-masculinity-ad-campaign-backfires-spectacularly

This is a war on white men and by demonizing them to white women it is also a war on all whites, it is white genocide.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 09:56 PM
Gillette commercial: 43 males exhibit "undesirable" behavior, 42 white, 1 black. 7 males exhibit "desirable" behavior, 5 black, 2 white

"You're a fucking white male!!!"

Ran across some safety videos on harassment last year, 4 dvd discs of different scenarios.

Just under three hours for all four, multiple scenarios are depicted of "harassment" and "abuse" and in every scenario depicted the virtuous employee or supervisor is a woman, a colored person or a colored woman.

And in every single example the "bad actor" is depicted as a white man.

Anti Federalist
01-14-2019, 10:01 PM
There is even more "Diversity" to be found:

Reached for comment by the Wall Street Journal, Gillette brand director for North America Pankaj Bhalla said "This is an important conversation happening, and as a company that encourages men to be their best, we feel compelled to both address it and take action of our own," adding "We are taking a realistic look at what’s happening today, and aiming to inspire change by acknowledging that the old saying ‘Boys Will Be Boys’ is not an excuse. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard, and hope all the men we serve will come along on that journey to find our ‘best’ together."

Yeah, no.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-14/gillettes-toxic-masculinity-ad-campaign-backfires-spectacularly

This is a war on white men and by demonizing them to white women it is also a war on all whites, it is white genocide.

I don't buy your razors to go on some spiritual journey of social justice enlightenment, whoever the fuck you are Pankaj.

Mind your own business, which is making razors, or fuck off back to Bombay.

Swordsmyth
01-14-2019, 10:04 PM
I hope the executives of Gillette are brought down by the #LynchHimToo crowd.

Never trust a male feminist.

Stratovarious
01-14-2019, 10:15 PM
43,000 dislikes on youtube.

spudea
01-14-2019, 10:40 PM
43,000 dislikes on youtube.

The OP linked to an unlisted version. The public version on their channel is at 145k dislikes.

Stratovarious
01-14-2019, 10:45 PM
The OP linked to an unlisted version. The public version on their channel is at 145k dislikes.
Excellent, people are getting sick of the social engineering .

nikcers
01-15-2019, 12:40 AM
I was wondering when PC culture was going to peek its head out again, I was really hoping it was dead for good, this time they tried to hide behind a business name people trust while pushing this PC behavior correction.

enhanced_deficit
01-15-2019, 12:46 AM
Was this ad made as a 'thnak you ' because they had some extra money thanks to this deal:

Gillette cuts a deal with Trump administration on steel tariffs
Oct 10, 2018 - Gillette gets a break from the Trump White House. The administration is giving the shaving giant an exemption from the 25 percent tariff that's ...

Ivanka Trump calls the #MeToo movement 'exciting and important'
Feb 27, 2018

#RoyMoore

A Son of Liberty
01-15-2019, 05:22 AM
Wait, what?

You said it was in the ad.

Pound Me Too is about as "anti-libertarian" as you can get, as one of its prime tenets is that all accusers are to be believed, at all times, always, that there is no presumption of innocence when it comes to charges of harassment, abuse or rape when lodged by a woman against a man.

Now, you can be angry about that or not...it's up to you.

I find it to be a pretty dangerous concept in today's police state AmeriKa.

Your mileage may vary.

:confused:

All I said - for the 5th time - is that, while there is no doubt that the ad flirts with the whole...

Never mind... it's not worth it. Carry on - please proceed with the outrage... I'm sure it'll do a lot of good. I'm out.

DamianTV
01-15-2019, 05:33 AM
I think its time to do this:

BOYCOTT GILETTE

I might suggest this be exacerbated by GROWING SOME FUCKING FACIAL HAIR.

specsaregood
01-15-2019, 05:51 AM

Given the numbers above, giving that impression seems like it was the goal of the ad; you disagree still?

Stratovarious
01-15-2019, 07:16 AM
Blacks and non whites in this clip are disproportionately depicted as the ones to Nurture
their young, champion against 'sexual harassment' , defenders of women,
the first to back down and step in the way , the first to step in with their moral
high ground and stop whitey' from doing stupid things.
White Males are invariably depicted as the offenders and all categories.
No wonder this clip has 1600likes and 10,000dislikes.
Gillette; reprehensible nannying' , and false narrative, demonization of
humans , and natural behavior.
Gillette should have taken a hint from Niki's debauch and stick to
trying to make razors I'll bet the short interest on this stock is going to
go through the roof.
Note too, in all your circular/paper adds as well as commercials, the exponential
increase in the showcasing of Chinese, they are giving us a hint of
where a lot of this social engineering is headed.
Extremely rare is find an add that showcases just white males, unless they
are characterized as being some backwoods-looking hicks or a white
family unless there are also several (usually more) non whites in
the add.

Stratovarious
01-15-2019, 07:37 AM
It should not surprise any of us that in the not too distant future,
'the gay frog syndrome' will go 'live' in America;
Mandatory Estrogen Vaccine , eradication of 'toxic masculinity' ergo,
the 'natural' male of the species; homosapiens' *
Liberals playing God.

*Note that the word containing these letters; h o m o is illegal here
software self 'deletes, so I couldn't write the proper binomial nomenclature
of this word homosapiens' is two separate words.

Cap
01-15-2019, 08:12 AM
Simply an ad directed at the soy boy and snowflake crowd. Real men don't care one way or the other about this stupid ad.

ETA: I try not to pay much attention to the wedge issues, you know, the divide conquer thingee.

ProBlue33
01-15-2019, 08:27 AM
With America becoming super polarized into political and social tribalism, why do companies continue think it is a good idea express their opinions on social issues embedded into the fabric of modern society, and hit their base of customers as well. I mean look what happened to Dick's when they started to ban some guns on the "social issue" of gun violence.

Just advertise why your product is good or better.
I stopped using Gillete last year anyways based on the fact that Schick Hydro 5 is just a better product, razor blades just last longer and should you forget to remove the razor from the counter it doesn't glue itself to the counter and then rip off the lube strip when you pick it up next time.
Seriously give these a try, I shave every day and can go three weeks before I need to change a blade.
https://www.amazon.com/Schick-Hydro-Disposable-Razors-Trimmer/dp/B00AHF1GK6/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1547562851&sr=8-1&keywords=Schick+Hydro+5+Mens+Disposable+Razor+with +Hydrating+Gel+Reservoir

Itsback
01-15-2019, 08:37 AM
Gilette should stop advertising. People worldwide know Gilette

Stratovarious
01-15-2019, 08:49 AM
Simply an ad directed at the soy boy and snowflake crowd. Real men don't care one way or the other about this stupid ad.

It sure appears that you do.

Anti Federalist
01-15-2019, 10:10 AM
:confused:

All I said - for the 5th time - is that, while there is no doubt that the ad flirts with the whole...

Never mind... it's not worth it. Carry on - please proceed with the outrage... I'm sure it'll do a lot of good. I'm out.

You said it "flirts" with #metoo-ism.

I posted why I thought #metoo-ism is so dangerous, and should not even be "flirted" with.

Outside of that, I don't really care all that much either.

sparebulb
01-15-2019, 11:43 AM

BOYCOTT GILETTE

I might suggest this be exacerbated by GROWING SOME $#@!ING FACIAL HAIR.

https://classiarius.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/move-over-american-soy-boys-chinas-men-are-coming.jpg

The Soy Boys have already denigrated the integrity of the beard.

Boycotters of Gilette should be mindful of their global reach. I don't know what all brands that they own, but the legendary Russian brand Sputnik is part of the Gilette/P&G borg.

https://i2.wp.com/www.refinedshave.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Sputnik.jpg?fit=960%2C719&ssl=1

dannno
01-15-2019, 03:40 PM
Wow that's a lotta brands..

https://us.pg.com/brands/

The only one in there I still buy is NyQuil when I get sick - I get the generic brand, but pretty sure NyQuil still makes it and gets something for it.

Brian4Liberty
01-15-2019, 05:26 PM
Forgive me please if this was already addressed last in the thread...

What does "objectifying women" mean today?

What does "bullying" mean?

In these days where new words and meanings for "old" words are invented and reinvented faster than you can blink (let alone deny allegations), you may wanna think twice about agreeing with their standards of behavior.

Amen brother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xJkUyotSc4

phill4paul
01-15-2019, 06:02 PM
I wonder if they are going to follow up with an ad about 'toxic femininity' and 'domestic abuse of males' for their Venus lady razor?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/13/3f/3b/133f3b9f8b03474f80852de0117655d1.jpg

https://www.sociology.org/files/Domestic-Violence-Against-Men.jpg

UWDude
01-15-2019, 08:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koPmuEyP3a0

currently at 8 million views, 507,000 dislikes. People are noticing the dislike keep going down by tens of thousands, as the likes slowly creep up.

This boycott will be real.

Turn it around, if you see P&G on the back, put it back on the shelf.

For me, that means All, Crest, Downy, Charmin and Zest.
Never, ever again.

specsaregood
01-15-2019, 08:55 PM
Harrys razors had a similar tweet from November, but they've deleted it now that it went viral.

UWDude
01-15-2019, 09:01 PM
Harrys razors had a similar tweet from November, but they've deleted it now that it went viral.

I rarely ever bought Gilette products, so I'll hit P&G instead. Never even heard of Harrys.

specsaregood
01-15-2019, 09:23 PM
I rarely ever bought Gilette products, so I'll hit P&G instead. Never even heard of Harrys.

yeah me neither, but people were suggesting them as an alternative to Gilette and they are no better.
http://www.departmentofmemes.com/news/harrys-razor-blade-bashes-toxic-masculinity-international-mens-day/

dannno
01-15-2019, 09:24 PM
For me, that means All, Crest, Downy, Charmin and Zest.
Never, ever again.

I like infowars toothpaste a lot... for fabric softener I just use 1/4 cup or so white vinegar plus 6-10 drops of essential oil (I used lavender).

For dryer sheets you can cut up an old white undershirt into dryer sheet sized squares, then add 6-10 drops of essential oil (I also use lavender here). You can reuse them, wash them on occasion.

devil21
01-15-2019, 09:48 PM
It's mostly part of the depopulation and globalist race-mixing agenda to eventually create a homogenous world society. Get white guys to be non-aggressive toward women via shaming campaigns, therefore breeding less and having less children, based on pure demographic statistics. We already know that hispanics tend to breed like rabbits and black males generally don't care about this sjw stuff and are more aggressively going after white women.

There's a few bars in my city that I visit occasionally that a year or two ago were pretty much only white people. Many of the black folk's bars and clubs have been demolished to make way for agenda 21/2030 developments. Now, they hang out at the previously white-majority bars and hit on the white women that still go there, while less white men go there now. The white guys are staying home playing video games and jerkin' to the pr0n instead.

This post isn't a comment about race-good/bad/whatever, just what I have observed. The power of social engineering media campaigns is pretty amazing to watch unfold.

CCTelander
01-15-2019, 10:05 PM
Toxic masculinity at an all time low after impactful Gillette ad released

Cases of toxic masculinity almost vanish overnight

https://npcdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/gillettead-780x405.png

On January 13th, Gillette released an ad that tackled the very real problem of toxic masculinity. NPC Daily has interviewed hundreds of people who shared their solutions to such a detrimental affliction – many of which involving things from mandatory hormone treatment of young boys to mandatory gender transformation surgery and procedures.

Though these are all fantastic ideas, none of them have taken the reigns of the fight against toxic masculinity quite like Gillette did two days ago. With their “We Believe: The Best Men Can Be | Gillette (Short Film)” release, Gillette urged men to look out for signs of toxic masculinity in ways that have put a complete halt on the epidemic.

"So there I was, putting on my rape shoes and practicing my sexual harassment pickup lines this morning. I just got done cyberbullying my coworkers. It was time to shave. I yelled at my wife to smile because I demanded it while pinching her butt right after she told me she didn’t consent to it. Putting on the shaving cream and thinking about how I can get my son into a fight at the next BBQ, I replaced the worn Gillette Mach3 and began to chant “boys will be boys” as I started to shave. Then suddenly my daughter burst into the bathroom holding her phone. As I began to mansplain to her shy she isn’t smart enough to know my shaving time is my time, she showed me the new Gillette ad. I realized how my every view and behavior I’ve ever held dear was wrong. I’m calling in sick at the toxic masculinity factory today and registering Democrat. Thanks Gillette, now excuse me while I help to impeach."

Chad Chaderson, formerly toxic male from the chan

As if the switch was flipped overnight, many men across the nation have switched their dairy intake to an almost pure soy-based product, many have been voluntarily taking estrogen and other feminine hormone supplements and some have even began a voluntary gender transformation. This is huge and all thanks to the “woke” work at Gillette.

It’s amazing the impact of a factually and culturally accurate and in-touch advertisement can make on a population. With more videos like these, the last shred of masculinity will leave America in a generation or two, leaving nothing but effeminate liberals who choose not to fight. This is what our founding parental figures wanted, and it’s what we’re heading towards.

https://npcdaily.com/1834/toxic-masculinity-at-an-all-time-low-after-impactful-gillette-ad-released/

Origanalist
01-16-2019, 11:14 PM
https://cdn.minds.com/fs/v1/thumbnail/932494048788275200

UWDude
01-16-2019, 11:50 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/rs5s7MS5/Bro-Not-Cool-Gilette-Objectifieswomen.jpg

That's right folks, a meme was born, right here on Ron Paul forums.

UWDude
01-17-2019, 12:22 AM
https://gab.ai/media/image/bq-5c3e15904915b.jpeg

UWDude
01-17-2019, 12:25 AM
https://gab.ai/media/image/bq-5c3f66a9e795b.jpeg

dannno
01-17-2019, 12:27 AM

That thigh gap tho....

nikcers
01-17-2019, 12:34 AM
Demonization of Humanity, 'Focus the evil white male' .

Blacks and non whites in this clip are disproportionately depicted as the ones to Nurture
their young, champion against 'sexual harassment' , defenders of women,
the first to back down and step in the way , the first to step in with their moral
high ground and stop whitey' from doing stupid things.
White Males are invariably depicted as the offenders and all categories.
No wonder this clip has 1600likes and 10,000dislikes.
Gillette; reprehensible nannying' , and false narrative, demonization of
humans , and natural behavior.
Gillette should have taken a hint from Niki's debauch and stick to
trying to make razors I'll bet the short interest on this stock is going to
go through the roof.
Note too, in all your circular/paper adds as well as commercials, the exponential
increase in the showcasing of Chinese, they are giving us a hint of
where a lot of this social engineering is headed.
Extremely rare is find an add that showcases just white males, unless they
are characterized as being some backwoods-looking hicks or a white
family unless there are also several (usually more) non whites in
the add.
I'm starting to think more and more that Tucker Carlson's character that he plays on TV is designed to do this.

UWDude
01-17-2019, 12:50 AM
That thigh gap tho....

Bro... Not Cool, not cool!

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 03:31 AM
I'm starting to think more and more that Tucker Carlson's character that he plays on TV is designed to do this.
Do wut' ?

nikcers
01-17-2019, 03:41 AM
Do wut' ?

Political polarization, divide and conquer, doublespeak is a wonderful tool they can control brainwashed people with words that don't have any hate or divisional meaning in your mind. Which side of the political spectrum could they demonize by encouraging tribalism with their conservative news anchor???

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 04:02 AM
Political polarization, divide and conquer, doublespeak is a wonderful tool they can control brainwashed people with words that don't have any hate or divisional meaning in your mind. Which side of the political spectrum could they demonize by encouraging tribalism with their conservative news anchor???
Very nice , what you've written that is, I like it, but ....
...So', so' lets be clear, sans esoteric, ethereal-platitudes, explain how you feel that you were able to
dissect and accurately surmise my thoughts, explain what I have written, that which
qualifies in your mind as double speak.
:frog:

nikcers
01-17-2019, 04:07 AM
Very nice , what you've written that is, I like it, but ....
...So', so' lets be clear, sans esoteric, ethereal-platitudes, explain how you feel that you were able to
dissect and accurately surmise my thoughts, explain what I have written, that which
qualifies in your mind as double speak.
You are now Tucker Carlson and I am able to summarize how the left perceives the shit he reads off Fox's teleprompters? Who will play the role of the offended third party?

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 04:24 AM
You are now Tucker Carlson and I am able to summarize how the left perceives the $#@! he reads off Fox's teleprompters? Who will play the role of the offended third party?
Ohhh Nikers you are the card today, would it be any less of a stretch to gather from your comments
that you are a serial rapist?
I believe he does us the prompter but that doesn't mean he doesn't write his own
commentaries. :shrugs:

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 04:25 AM
Eric Holder Promoted 'brain washing' .

nikcers
01-17-2019, 05:09 AM
Ohhh Nikers you are the card today, would it be any less of a stretch to gather from your comments
that you are a serial rapist?
I believe he does us the prompter but that doesn't mean he doesn't write his own
commentaries. :shrugs:

If you are the offended 3rd party then who is Tucker Carlson?

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 05:16 AM
If you are the offended 3rd party then who is Tucker Carlson?
If I'm not, who is?

Schifference
01-17-2019, 05:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1RjAL0RgVQ

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 05:42 AM
-
-
This is a bitter attack on women!
-
-

enhanced_deficit
01-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Ironies are plenty here.
If ad turned out to ne extension of media campaign that likes of Newsweek pushed in high gear back in 2017, MAGA may reconsider huge money saving break Gillete received on tariffs exemptions.

Was this ad made as a 'thnak you ' because they had some extra money thanks to this deal:

Gillette cuts a deal with Trump administration on steel tariffs
Oct 10, 2018 - Gillette gets a break from the Trump White House. The administration is giving the shaving giant an exemption from the 25 percent tariff that's ...

Ivanka Trump calls the #MeToo movement 'exciting and important'
Feb 27, 2018

#RoyMoore

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/files/2017/11/Ivanka-Trump-billboard-HITEC-City-27-Nov-2017-620x427.jpg

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5a249546190000611103446f.jpeg?ops=1910_1000

How Donald Trump Rules America's Garden of Dicks and Sparked the #MeToo Movement

By Nina Burleigh On 11/9/17
https://s.newsweek.com/sites/www.newsweek.com/files/styles/feature/public/2017/11/07/fetrumppredatorius01.jpg
U.S. (https://www.newsweek.com/us) Donald Trump (https://www.newsweek.com/topic/donald-trump) harvey weinstein (https://www.newsweek.com/topic/harvey-weinstein) #MeToo (https://www.newsweek.com/topic/metoo) Hollywood (https://www.newsweek.com/topic/hollywood) Roger Ailes (https://www.newsweek.com/topic/roger-ailes) Sexual Harassment
(https://www.newsweek.com/topic/sexual-harassment)
“Women, you have to treat ’em like shit.” —Donald Trump, New York magazine, November 9, 1992

Photo-Illustration by Gluekit

https://www.newsweek.com/2017/11/17/me-too-donald-trump-harvey-weinstein-powerful-predators-facing-accusers-704658.html

shakey1
01-17-2019, 01:02 PM

... a classic.

Stratovarious
01-17-2019, 01:15 PM

-
-
I've never heard of 'objectification' before today, sign me up
I'm already a 'not cool bro'!!

Swordsmyth
01-17-2019, 04:51 PM
Egard Watches published a two minute response to Gillette’s anti-masculinity advertisement, showing the true trials and hardships of modern men and celebrating their achievements.
The emotional short YouTube film, titled “What is a man?” reveals the stunning suicide, workplace death, depression, and homelessness rates men suffer, was published in response to Gillette’s ad attacking and mocking masculinity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_HL0wiK4Zc

More at: https://bigleaguepolitics.com/must-watch-ceo-shreds-gillettes-anti-male-propaganda-with-video-rebuke/

DamianTV
01-17-2019, 05:40 PM
Distract, Divide, Conquer.

What is the easiest thing to get most people to focus on? Easy. Themselves. The whole thing about attacking males serves several purposes. First, it weakens the mindset of those who are capable of fighting the elite. Next, it persuades those who should be supporting strong healthy masculinity to attack every male they see. People of that mindset will expect Govt to take care of them while simultaneously making the real men out there no longer want to fight to protect those that also constantly attack them by Backstabbing them repeatedly. Next, it serves as a Major Distraction while the real rulers carry out even more offensive plans that the MSM does not think is worth reporting, oh, you know, little shit like passing bills which fully legalizes Propaganda, some new war, even a Civil War, etc.

Marenco
01-17-2019, 06:19 PM
https://grrrgraphics.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/gillette_cartoon.jpg

Origanalist
01-17-2019, 06:27 PM

In real life the fish smelled the cigarette smoke he blew all over the lure and line and never bit.

Swordsmyth
01-17-2019, 08:04 PM
Gillette (https://www.independent.co.uk/topic/gillette) has been accused of hypocrisy over its new advert tackling toxic masculinity, with some complaining the brand is itself guilty of sexism (http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/Sexism).
It relates to the issue known as the “pink tax (http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/pink-tax)” where products advertised towards women cost more than similar products marketed towards men.

“I could have sworn Gillette just told us to stop treating women poorly. Look how they treat their female customers though,” one person tweeted alongside photos of identical razors (http://www.independent.co.uk/topic/razors) advertised towards men and women, with the women’s version costing $3 more.Another person also shared photos of the brand’s razors sold on Amazon, where a price discrepancy is evident.
“Me: The new Gillette ad is great. Also me: “Gillette why is an eight-pack of women’s blades $3-4 more than men’s?” they asked.
“OK so I’m all for the ideas in the Gillette commercial, I think it’s wonderful in theory, but a company can’t charge a pink tax and then use media to say they encourage gender equality and awareness, it doesn’t work like that. You don’t get both,” someone else tweeted.

Look, I like the @Gillette (https://twitter.com/Gillette?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) ad. It sends a great message that a lot of men obviously need to hear. But the message rings a little hollow when coming from a company that profits from the #PinkTax (https://twitter.com/hashtag/PinkTax?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw). It’s time for Gillette to put their money where their mouth is and end the pink tax.
— Ryanne Allison (@TheGirlRyanne)
January 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/TheGirlRyanne/status/1085574872523304962?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

So wait, ppl are mad about @Gillette (https://twitter.com/Gillette?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) ad but not about how they put the pink tax on the women razors? You know, the ones that are marked deliberately towards women. Or are we just going to ignore that? ��
— Lisa Torres (@Lucky13Lisa)
January 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/Lucky13Lisa/status/1085430587035451393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

If @Gillette (https://twitter.com/Gillette?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) would just go ahead and remove the pink tax from their products, then they might be taken seriously about the treatment of women. #TheBestMenCanBe (https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheBestMenCanBe?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) #pinktax (https://twitter.com/hashtag/pinktax?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
— Stephanie Pelley (@StephaniePelley)
January 15, 2019 (https://twitter.com/StephaniePelley/status/1085243783481040897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

@Gillette (https://twitter.com/Gillette?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw), thank you for attacking #ToxicMasculanity (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ToxicMasculanity?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw). It’s a great step forward in support of #metoo (https://twitter.com/hashtag/metoo?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)⁠ ⁠. Next, can you address the #pinktax (https://twitter.com/hashtag/pinktax?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw), there’s no reason women should pay more than men for the same products.
— Dawn Wessel (@dwnwssl)
January 16, 2019 (https://twitter.com/dwnwssl/status/1085390859972034570?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
The Gillette advert has been viewed more than 13 million times on YouTube and has generated both praise and critisism. Some have accused the company of “virtue-signalling” about an issue they may not care about, while Bernice King – daughter of the late civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr – called the advert “pro-humanity”.
Others have called for a boycott of the brand over the “pink tax” issue. That would be similar to one the brand is facing from some conservatives, who have responded to the recent advertisement by throwing their razors away (https://www.independent.co.uk/news/gillette-advert-backlash-men-throw-away-razors-toxic-masculinity-metoo-a8730386.html).

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/gillette-accused-sexism-over-apos-011326565.html

parocks
01-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Although I didn't watch this ad, I can assess this ad.

This ad is Naggotry.

There's so much new awfulness these days, and we just don't have the words to describe it.

Like how all the big shootings are fake. But they're not exactly "false flags". They're something else. They're like prepared sketches. Bull skits.

Some here might use "emasulating" or some other word. The word doesn't exist yet, would have to be invented. The work product of a Nag is Naggotry. It's a new word, so it doesn't really have a meaning, so if you were to attach this new word to a new trend in advertisement or in popular discourse, it can't be argued away.

parocks
01-17-2019, 09:59 PM

BOYCOTT GILETTE

I might suggest this be exacerbated by GROWING SOME $#@!ING FACIAL HAIR.

Now I have a political reason for my long beard.

Everyone will stop shaving.

Ah, how about this as Gillette's strategy.

Who has the beards now? Hipsters, or SJW or UPC.

Gillette pisses off people. Causes them to stop shaving. Bad for Gillette? But wait.

Gillette wants the hipsters to shave.

The plan: Message: "You have a beard, you must be a conservative who is angry with Gillette"

Desired Response: "I most certainly am not, I'm a UPC "hipster" and I don't like being confused with angry conservative, so I will shave my beard."

So, Gillette gets back the urban bearded hipsters that they've lost for a long time, and, pretty quickly, the conservatives forget why they weren't shaving, and go back to their habits.

Maybe.

parocks
01-17-2019, 10:13 PM
I'm glad this was posted on RPF because the forum can now be introduced to a concept that is going to be very prominent in the coming years; Woke Capital. Major corporations are among the biggest pushers of progressive social attitudes. Everyone from movie studios to game developers to car companies to now $#@!ing shaving firms push SJW leftist propaganda. There's a Woke Capital twitter page and the guy who runs it claims that there is exactly one multinational corporation who hasn't started pushing these narratives.

BTW for those interested

Yes, boilerplate libertarianism doesn't really actually have too many solutions at all to any of the actual problems we have.

We know that the Fed Gov is allowed to spend money on propaganda now. I can't remember the details, I think the law was passed in 2012.

For all we know, there is Fed Gov money going to Gillette. Fed Gov money - believed by many to be spent by the CIA - could be going to so many different places for so many different reasons.

Well, boilerplate libertarianism would say, among other things, that Fed Gov shouldn't be bribing big companies to put their Naggotry in commercials.

There is so much that's a mess that "no government" wouldn't solve, unless the solution is "the people with torches and pitchforks will destroy Monsanto" and that will be perfectly legal because there's no government.

We're being poisoned by so many different things that it's hard to identify exactly which poison is causing which ailment. The libertarian argument is generally "class action suits". It's really hard to prove that any particular poison is causing any particular ailment. Vaccines = autism, maybe. Really fat people, immune system disorders = glyphosate.

RonPaulIsGreat
01-17-2019, 11:34 PM
I'm from now on boycotting all these stupid companies brands. I haven't eaten at burger since their stupid pink tax commercial. Today I went shopping at Wal-mart instead of buying my normal old spice deodorant(procter & Gamble company) I purchased a different brand. I haven't purchased overpriced Gillette Razors in a long time so unfortunately I can't switch.

Here's a list of Procter & Gambles shtty brands. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Procter_%26_Gamble_brands

It's not really hard for me I tend to buy the same products over and over anyway, I'll just flip them over and look for procter and gamble.

AZJoe
01-22-2019, 03:20 PM

I think Gillette's epic marketing failure is that Gillette equated objectification, bullying and aggressive violence as masculinity - that masculinity is "toxic".
The normal concept of masculinity is the opposite - provider, protector, father, reliable, hard worker, rationale, maturity, loyalty, family, etc. Of course it would backfire. The Gillette folks were complete idiots.

Imagine if they a company did an ad campaign that said beware toxic feminity and equated femininity with gossiping, mean girls, clicks, obsessing over makeup, bad driving, obsessed with finding rich Mr. Alpha, gold digging, compulsive shopping, spending hours in the bathroom, etc. - Gillette would be buried alive in days with such a reciprocal ad campaign.

AZJoe
01-22-2019, 03:21 PM
Hilarious Updated narrative for Gillette's Ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8VpuLSkHY

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 04:03 PM
Hilarious Updated narrative for Gillette's Ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj8VpuLSkHY

19k likes and less than 170 (2%) dislikes, that's 8% less dislikes than 'your' average youtube clip.
The official Gillette clip that I saw right away had somewhere around 45k 'hates' and 1600 likes',
not doing too well Gillette, I'm still buying BIC .

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 05:09 PM
I think Gillette's epic marketing failure is that Gillette equated objectification, bullying and aggressive violence as masculinity - that masculinity is "toxic".
The normal concept of masculinity is the opposite - provider, protector, father, reliable, hard worker, rationale, maturity, loyalty, family, etc. Of course it would backfire. The Gillette folks were complete idiots.

Yeah, I agree with that.

I didn't see the ad as an attack on how real men view masculinity, which is how you describe it. I saw it as an attack on the crappy man-boy culture that has become marginally accepted as "masculinity", which real men reject, but far too many males accept as "manliness". Do we need that lecture from a freaking toiletries company? NO. But it WAS NOT an attack on masculinity.

And I get the subtext here: Men are bad, mkay? But I didn't associate any of those bad characteristics with actual masculinity... Maybe that's just me. Maybe I was just raised right - to not objectify women, nor to brawl, etc.

I think that opposing this ad as an attack on men is a strategic mistake in the culture war - none of the characteristics they portray are "masculine". They're right - that's not how men behave. Granted, we don't need the lecture... but opposing the ad as an attack on masculinity is asinine.

Imagine if they a company did an ad campaign that said beware toxic feminity and equated femininity with gossiping, mean girls, clicks, obsessing over makeup, bad driving, obsessed with finding rich Mr. Alpha, gold digging, compulsive shopping, spending hours in the bathroom, etc. - Gillette would be buried alive in days with such a reciprocal ad campaign.

Gillette is taking an a$$-whooping over this ad.

And - to me - femininity is nurturing, motherliness, caring, dignity... so if Gillette portrayed femininity as you describe they'd be rightly strung up for it.

dannno
01-22-2019, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I agree with that.

I didn't see the ad as an attack on how real men view masculinity, which is how you describe it. I saw it as an attack on the crappy man-boy culture that has become marginally accepted as "masculinity", which real men reject, but far too many males accept as "manliness". Do we need that lecture from a freaking toiletries company? NO. But it WAS NOT an attack on masculinity.

And I get the subtext here: Men are bad, mkay? But I didn't associate any of those bad characteristics with actual masculinity... Maybe that's just me. Maybe I was just raised right - to not objectify women, nor to brawl, etc.

I think that opposing this ad as an attack on men is a strategic mistake in the culture war - none of the characteristics they portray are "masculine". They're right - that's not how men behave. Granted, we don't need the lecture... but opposing the ad as an attack on masculinity is asinine.

Gillette is taking an a$$-whooping over this ad.

And - to me - femininity is nurturing, motherliness, caring, dignity... so if Gillette portrayed femininity as you describe they'd be rightly strung up for it.

They were blaming men who didn't break up a kids' playfight for causing violence in society.. these were men raising their sons.

Boys who are raised without father, on the other hand, are 10 times more likely to end up in prison for a violent crime than children who grow up with a father. They are 20 times more likely to rape.

So why are we blaming fathers who stick around for violence? We would probably have 90% less violence if we had more fathers like them, if the statistics hold.

And you are completely wrong about the ad not being an attack on masculinity. Again, you are just totally clueless what it is and who it is that we are up against here. You should not be defending them at all. They want more women in charge of raising kids, less fathers in the household, more welfare for single moms.. all of which leads to more violence, more rape, more all kinds of bad stuff.

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 05:27 PM
They were blaming men who didn't break up a kids' playfight for causing violence in society.. these were men raising their sons.

Boys who are raised without father, on the other hand, are 10 times more likely to end up in prison for a violent crime than children who grow up with a father. They are 20 times more likely to rape.

So why are we blaming fathers who stick around for violence? We would probably have 90% less violence if we had more fathers like them, if the statistics hold.

And you are completely wrong about the ad not being an attack on masculinity. Again, you are just totally clueless what it is and who it is that we are up against here. You should not be defending them at all. They want more women in charge of raising kids, less fathers in the household, more welfare for single moms.. all of which leads to more violence, more rape, more all kinds of bad stuff.

What masculine characteristics were specifically attacked in the ad?

ETA: I see an ad opposing brawling, objectification of women and bullying. THESE ARE NOT MASCULINE CHARACTERISTICS.

I agree 100% that we do not need this lecture from a company selling toiletries. I agree that this is an attempt to placate the Woke crowd. IT IS NOT AN ATTACK ON MASCULINITY. If you view it as an attack on masculinity, you have a warped sense of masculinity.

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 05:49 PM

ETA: I see an ad opposing brawling, objectification of women and bullying. THESE ARE NOT MASCULINE CHARACTERISTICS.

I agree 100% that we do not need this lecture from a company selling toiletries. I agree that this is an attempt to placate the Woke crowd. IT IS NOT AN ATTACK ON MASCULINITY. If you view it as an attack on masculinity, you have a warped sense of masculinity.

And you didn't notice that the villains were white males
The heroes were blacks
The blacks didn't get in fights , the whites did

Toxic masculinity if we want entertain that meme accounts for less than
1% of our male populations, it would be the classification of 'bully' , they are
rare.
The rest of this idiotic Gillette farce is imaginative, agenda laden blsht,
everyone knows it, everyone was able to see through it.

dannno
01-22-2019, 05:51 PM

Dude, do you know how to fucking read?!! I am against fighting. I am against harassing women. I'm against all that shit. I am probably better at it than you. So stop lecturing me about how I'm supposed to act and listen to what I am saying..

I just told you that violence in society is caused almost exclusively by absentee fathers. It is NOT caused by dads looking the other way as their son play fights. It is not the extent to which men ENGAGE with their sons that causes violence and rape.. it is the extent to which women choose bad men to have kids with, or to the extent that they are such horrible women that they drive good men away so that they can't raise their kids.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND READ MY LAST POST. Slowly. Carefully. You are so fucking clueless it is approaching insanity territory. You've had all this explained to you 100 times, why don't you get it? Are you being purposely obtuse?

Like the poster above said, they are attacking men in this video, blaming violence on fathers.. but they are the ones who are holding society together. It is because of them that we have less violence.. yet they are getting completely shafted throughout the ad..

RJB
01-22-2019, 05:59 PM
Don't sweat it, Dannno. If reading a response goes past an NPC program, SJW talking points get rebooted.

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 06:02 PM
Dude, do you know how to $#@!ing read?!! I am against fighting. I am against harassing women. I'm against all that $#@!. I am probably better at it than you. So stop lecturing me about how I'm supposed to act and listen to what I am saying..

I just told you that violence in society is caused almost exclusively by absentee fathers. It is NOT caused by dads looking the other way as their son play fights. It is not the extent to which men ENGAGE with their sons that causes violence and rape.. it is the extent to which women choose bad men to have kids with, or to the extent that they are such horrible women that they drive good men away so that they can't raise their kids.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND READ MY LAST POST. Slowly. Carefully. You are so $#@!ing clueless it is approaching insanity territory. You've had all this explained to you 100 times, why don't you get it? Are you being purposely obtuse?

Like the poster above said, they are attacking men in this video, blaming violence on fathers.. but they are the ones who are holding society together. It is because of them that we have less violence.. yet they are getting completely shafted throughout the ad..

...and don't discount 'career welfare' women, they are paid provided they kick
the father out of the house, and if they keep breeding they are rewarded further.

dannno
01-22-2019, 06:11 PM
...and don't discount 'career welfare' women, they are paid provided they kick
the father out of the house, and if they keep breeding they are rewarded further.

Ya, the government basically incentivizes women to stop having sex with their husband, and to nag the shit out of them until they leave. Then they get welfare, child support and they get to go fuck whoever they want.

..but ya, it's all men's fault according to Son of Liberty. We need to work on ourselves :rolleyes:

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Dude, do you know how to $#@!ing read?!! I am against fighting. I am against harassing women. I'm against all that $#@!.

dannno, the ad opposed fighting... the ad opposed harassing women.

I am probably better at it than you. So stop lecturing me about how I'm supposed to act and listen to what I am saying..

I haven't once lectured you, nor told you how to act. I have said - simply - that I have seen nothing in the ad which attacks masculinity.

I have agreed that none of us need a lecture from a company selling toiletries about how men should behave.

I just told you that violence in society is caused almost exclusively by absentee fathers.

Here is me listening to you: Agreed on this point.

It is NOT caused by dads looking the other way as their son play fights.

You saw play fights. I saw brawling. Fine. I have no issue with boys 'rasslin'... I do oppose initiating violence to resolve conflict. That is a libertarian principle, by the way. You may have seen the ad as opposing play-fights. I may have seen the ad as objecting to resolving conflict through the initiation of violence. Let's move on...

It is not the extent to which men ENGAGE with their sons that causes violence and rape.. it is the extent to which women choose bad men to have kids with, or to the extent that they are such horrible women that they drive good men away so that they can't raise their kids.

Huh? Where do I suggest that there is a problem with men engaging with their sons? ANOTHER POSSIBLE TAKEAWAY is that men shouldn't be BAD MEN.

Let's not be snowflakes ourselves.

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND READ MY LAST POST. Slowly. Carefully. You are so $#@!ing clueless it is approaching insanity territory. You've had all this explained to you 100 times, why don't you get it? Are you being purposely obtuse?

Unless you believe that men are defined by brawling, cat-calling women, and bullying, they are NOT attacking men. If you believe that those are characteristics of men, then - yes, they are attacking men.

I'm not sure how much more clearly I can make myself here.

And before you emotionally fly off the handle yet again, I do understand that this is occurring within the cultural subtext of an anti-male climate. I just consider it - AGAIN - a strategic mistake to attack this ad on the grounds that it is anti-masculine.

The proper response here is - first - to oppose the ad on it's merits: why would a toiletries company be trying to hawk it's wares with such a message? Second - to oppose it on principle: REAL men do not act the way the ad suggests... in other words, they're making a point no one is contesting... men - rightly understood - don't behave that way.

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Ya, the government basically incentivizes women to stop having sex with their husband, and to nag the $#@! out of them until they leave. Then they get welfare, child support and they get to go $#@! whoever they want.

..but ya, it's all men's fault according to Son of Liberty. We need to work on ourselves :rolleyes:

JFC... THAT IS NOT AT ALL WHAT I'M SAYING.

What is wrong with you!?

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 06:21 PM
Ya, the government basically incentivizes women to stop having sex with their husband, and to nag the $#@! out of them until they leave. Then they get welfare, child support and they get to go $#@! whoever they want.

-
I agree, and you realize that this s o l (sht outa luck) dude is much like SM (I don't remember his full moniker) , they
aren't interested in any kind of debate, they are just practicing deflection and great ways to
argue idiotic, nonsensical views, my guess is that its a pair of alts.
You already won the debate, way way back..........

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 06:22 PM
JFC... THAT IS NOT AT ALL WHAT I'M SAYING.

What is wrong with you!?
Good Lord dude, what are you saying............

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:29 PM
Good Lord dude, what are you saying............

Maybe we aren't speaking the same language... I'm just not sure how much more plainly I can say it... maybe someone can help me here...

I'm simply saying that:

1. The fucking ad purports to object to certain characteristics which have lately become commonly associated with males in our society, namely brawling, cat-calling women and bullying.

2. Those characteristics (brawling, cat-calling and bullying) are NOT TO BE ASSOCIATED with masculinity; ACTUAL masculine characteristics are those which protect, provide and shelter women and children, treating them with dignity and respect, working hard, stoicism, etc. For clarities sake, NONE OF THESE TRADITIONALLY ACCEPTED CHARACTERISTICS OF MASCULINITY WERE ATTACKED IN THE AD. TO BE PRECISE, THE AD DID NOT ATTACK PROTECTING, SHELTERING AND TREATING WITH RESPECT WOMEN AND CHILDREN, NOR STOICISM, HARD WORK, ETC. Thus, my view that "masculinity" (rightly understood) was NOT under attack in the ad.

3. None of us who rightly understand masculinity should feel as though masculinity was under attack in the ad.

4. It is a strategic mistake to declare that masculinity is under attack in the ad, because we would thus grant that the projected conception of masculinity (brawling, cat-calling, bullying) in the ad is in fact "masculinity" (AGAIN - it is clearly not).

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Maybe we aren't speaking the same language... I'm just not sure how much more plainly I can say it... maybe someone can help me here...

I'm simply saying that:

1. The $#@!ing ad purports to object to certain characteristics which have lately become commonly associated with males in our society, namely brawling, cat-calling women and bullying.

2. Those characteristics (brawling, cat-calling and bullying) are NOT TO BE ASSOCIATED with masculinity; ACTUAL masculine characteristics are those which protect, provide and shelter women and children, treating them with dignity and respect, working hard, stoicism, etc. For clarities sake, NONE OF THESE TRADITIONALLY ACCEPTED CHARACTERISTICS OF MASCULINITY WERE ATTACKED IN THE AD. Thus, my view that "masculinity" (rightly understood) was NOT under attack in the ad.

3. None of us who rightly understand masculinity should feel as though masculinity was under attack in the ad.

4. It is a strategic mistake to declare that masculinity is under attack in the ad, because we would thus grant that the projected conception of masculinity (brawling, cat-calling, bullying) in the ad is in fact "masculinity" (AGAIN - it is clearly not).

''that depends on what the meaning of is is''

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:36 PM
''that depends on what the meaning of is is''

You've got to be kidding me...

TheTexan
01-22-2019, 06:38 PM
So much toxic masculinity in this thread.

DamianTV
01-22-2019, 06:40 PM

I'm simply saying that:

1. The fucking ad purports to object to certain characteristics which have lately become commonly associated with males in our society, namely brawling, cat-calling women and bullying.

2. Those characteristics (brawling, cat-calling and bullying) are NOT TO BE ASSOCIATED with masculinity; ACTUAL masculine characteristics are those which protect, provide and shelter women and children, treating them with dignity and respect, working hard, stoicism, etc. For clarities sake, NONE OF THESE TRADITIONALLY ACCEPTED CHARACTERISTICS OF MASCULINITY WERE ATTACKED IN THE AD. TO BE PRECISE, THE AD DID NOT ATTACK PROTECTING, SHELTERING AND TREATING WITH RESPECT WOMEN AND CHILDREN, NOR STOICISM, HARD WORK, ETC. Thus, my view that "masculinity" (rightly understood) was NOT under attack in the ad.

Both sides of this are being manipulated.

We are aware that the Image of Traditional Men is under attack. It causes Feminists to attack ANY man, not just those that show Traditional Male behavior. The Ad in and of itself is only representative of "Triggering" the males to have just as much disdain toward women, because that is useful to the elite.

Take a group of honest traditional men. They have families, homes, work, and love what they have. If those same men are reduced to breeding machines then turn their own families and homes against them, they will abandon an abusive exploitative manipulative home than a man that has a loving home and a purpose in life. Basically, its a continued effort of the destruction of the WHOLE FAMILY, not just Men or Women, traditional or otherwise. They WANT violence, and they WANT abandonment. Isolated people are much easier to manipulate and control than those without.

The Ad itself is a reflection of the persons mind that created the video, not the true nature of Traditional Masculinity, but rather how the person that produced the ad feels about Traditional Masculinity, if that makes any sense...

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:42 PM
The thread title is "Gillette Makes Anti-Male Commercial".

Gillette did not make an anti-male commercial, unless you think that it is appropriate for males to engage in cat-calling, brawling, bullying.

Gillette made a pointless commercial. Gillette was virtue signaling.

Intimating that Gillette made an anti-male commercial by objecting to the characteristics they portrayed is to agree that those characteristics are "male" and/or "masculine". You've lost the argument already, if that is your position.

dannno
01-22-2019, 06:44 PM
dannno, the ad opposed fighting... the ad opposed harassing women.

No, it didn't... that is what you don't get. The ad opposed men, it opposed fathers, it opposed all masculine behavior. It opposed men who are physically attracted to women.

If the ad wanted to oppose fighting and harassing women, then they should say what causes that. What causes that is fathers not being involved in their son's lives. It is because they are raised too much by women - at home, in the schools, etc..

Instead they make men out to be these horribly nasty people who should do what moms do and break up the play fights and coddle their children.. but single moms are what cause violence.

There is another issue, though.. men act the way they act in large part to get laid. Women are attracted to men who behave horribly. That is who they want to have sex with. If they want to change the way men act, it's really easy. I've been saying it for almost 20 years now. If women want men to not fight, they need to do two things: fuck men who don't fight and don't fuck guys who fight. Literally, overnight, male fighting will cease to exist. I guarantee it.

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:48 PM
No, it didn't... that is what you don't get. The ad opposed men, it opposed fathers, it opposed all masculine behavior. It opposed men who are physically attracted to women.

If the ad wanted to oppose fighting and harassing women, then they should say what causes that. What causes that is fathers not being involved in their son's lives. It is because they are raised too much by women - at home, in the schools, etc..

Instead they make men out to be these horribly nasty people who should do what moms do and break up the play fights and coddle their children.. but single moms are what cause violence.

There is another issue, though.. men act the way they act in large part to get laid. Women are attracted to men who behave horribly. That is who they want to have sex with. If they want to change the way men act, it's really easy. I've been saying it for almost 20 years now. If women want men to not fight, they need to do two things: $#@! men who don't fight and don't $#@! guys who fight. Literally, overnight, male fighting will cease to exist. I guarantee it.

Just read my last post. It's fucking exhausting trying to make a point around here anymore.

Make America Great Again.

Later.

Swordsmyth
01-22-2019, 06:51 PM
The thread title is "Gillette Makes Anti-Male Commercial".

Gillette did not make an anti-male commercial, unless you think that it is appropriate for males to engage in cat-calling, brawling, bullying.

Gillette made a pointless commercial. Gillette was virtue signaling.

Intimating that Gillette made an anti-male commercial by objecting to the characteristics they portrayed is to agree that those characteristics are "male" and/or "masculine". You've lost the argument already, if that is your position.
It IS anti-male because it attempts to send the message that the vast majority of men behave as portrayed.

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 06:51 PM
You've got to be kidding me...
Good lord almighty son, you are s o l, everyone here thinks you are
kidding them.

dannno
01-22-2019, 06:52 PM
Just read my last post. It's fucking exhausting trying to make a point around here anymore.

Make America Great Again.

Later.

Your last post is completely wrong. We have known that for certain ever since we were informed of who created the ad and why. But most of us knew before that, making it a confirmation of what we already knew.

A Son of Liberty
01-22-2019, 06:56 PM
:sorrow:

It's in how you respond to it...

But carry on. It's pointless.

Stratovarious
01-22-2019, 06:58 PM

Intimating that Gillette made an anti-male commercial by objecting to the characteristics they portrayed is to agree that those characteristics are "male" and/or "masculine". ...
-
You got that right, it wasn't about demonizing males, it was
about demonizing white males from start to finish, and propping up
non white males as caring, nurturing, and virtuous.

specsaregood
01-22-2019, 07:02 PM
There is another issue, though.. men act the way they act in large part to get laid. Women are attracted to men who behave horribly. That is who they want to have sex with. If they want to change the way men act, it's really easy. I've been saying it for almost 20 years now. If women want men to not fight, they need to do two things: fuck men who don't fight and don't fuck guys who fight. Literally, overnight, male fighting will cease to exist. I guarantee it.

Truer words have never been spoken. If only society would admit that nearly everything men (young men in particular) do is based around getting laid....

The Rebel Poet
01-22-2019, 08:30 PM
I'm kind of envious of other men who have epic beards.

It's been my experience that people respect you more when you have a well trimmed beard. One nurse I worked with, totally in violation of dress code, had a beard that made him look like General Stonewall Jackson. You'd better damn believe that when he spoke, people listened.

Shaggy beards won't do it though. Just makes you look like a hobo. Still even that is a step up from clean-shaven. No one listens to a baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO52HiFSvZc

DamianTV
01-22-2019, 10:09 PM
Half the problem is how much they charge just for replacement razors too. I know its slightly off topic, but who the hell in their right mind isnt gonna switch to another brand when they jack up the prices from like $2 per razor to $40 bucks?

JohnCifelli1
01-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Watch company responds:
https://youtu.be/x_HL0wiK4Zc

AZJoe
01-23-2019, 09:41 PM
Watch company responds:
https://youtu.be/x_HL0wiK4Zc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=107&v=x_HL0wiK4Zc

dannno
01-24-2019, 12:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=107&v=x_HL0wiK4Zc

Nice!!

I don't wear watches, they are nice looking but pretty expensive.. they have some nice bracelet's too but mostly sold out..

Anti Federalist
01-26-2019, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzC47F1DTO8

Occam's Banana
01-26-2019, 08:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzC47F1DTO8

Reported for toxic masculinity.

Also reported are those in this thread who have identified themselves as non-shavers. Refusing to shave is an obvious attempt to conceal facecrime.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2019, 05:03 AM
Reported for toxic masculinity.

Also reported are those in this thread who have identified themselves as non-shavers. Refusing to shave is an obvious attempt to conceal facecrime.

I know that the wearing of certain hats is hat-crime.

But what if a comrade wears no hat?

Occam's Banana
01-27-2019, 11:40 AM
I know that the wearing of certain hats is hat-crime.

But what if a comrade wears no hat?

<mind_blown.gif>

MOFA (Make Orwell Fiction Again)

AZJoe
01-28-2019, 10:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nno6SAYDfx8

tommyrp12
01-31-2019, 01:40 PM
https://i.imgur.com/vPCwrrP.jpg (https://www.violentlittle.com/collections/new-shit/products/stop-boys-from-wrestling-at-bbqs-morale-patch)

Anti Federalist
02-03-2019, 06:47 AM
Gillette’s Castration Razor

https://www.takimag.com/article/gillettes-castration-razor/

by Jim Goad

January 21, 2019

So when will Gillette be rolling out its new line of self-castration razors for men?

Unless you’ve been living under a rock on Venus, you are aware of Gillette’s rampagingly misandrist two-minute video that takes men—OK, white men—to task for rape and bullying and harassment and roughhousing and barbecuing and talking down to female employees and wolf-whistling and calling women “sweetie” and calling each other “sissies.”

As footage of men and boys being assholes unspools, a male announcer scolds the audience:

Is this the best a man can get? Is it? We can’t hide from it. It’s been going on far too long. We can’t laugh it off. But something finally changed. And there will be no going back, because we—we believe in the best in men. To say the right thing, to act the right way. Some already are, in ways big and small. But some is not enough, because the boys watching today will be the men of tomorrow.

According to one count—I didn’t have the stomach to verify—over the course of one minute and forty-eight seconds, 43 males exhibit “undesirable” behavior. Of those 43 males, only one is black and the rest are white. A mere seven males exhibit “desirable” behavior such as preventing other males from committing undesirable behavior by saying things such as “not cool, bro.” Of those seven gallant and valiant men, five are black and only two are white.

If the producers of this “short film” had bothered to check the most recent available government stats regarding race and sexual assault, they’d realize that white women are sixty-four times more likely to be raped by black men than black women are by white men. For emphasis, I’ll note that this isn’t sixty-four percent—it’s sixty-four TIMES.

If one were a paranoid racist—or if one were merely adept at pattern recognition and didn’t mind being called childish names that are meaningless yet meant to disrupt discourse and destroy reputations—one would notice that this Gillette ad depicts a world that doesn’t exist. Not only are the overwhelming majority of men a bunch of clumsy and hairy yet well-meaning doofuses that brutalize neither men nor women but are in fact probably far more fearful of and reverent toward women than women ever deserve, they are largely appalled by the very idea of rape and would likely form torch mobs to run suspected rapists out of town. And they are also acutely aware that they inhabit a modern world where #MeToo means #AllMen, an upside-down bloodthirsty matriarchy where even the most mildly disgruntled female can kneecap a man for life by spreading false or embellished rumors.

When I see this Fake Pig Patriarchy depicted in this commercial—seriously, when was the last time you saw an ad depicting 100 beefy guys standing in a row with muscular arms folded over barbecue grills chanting “boys will be boys” rather than a half-dozen kale-sipping metrosexuals with man-buns and sandals mainlining one another with black-market estrogen injections?—it makes me wistful rather than ashamed. It makes me look back toward an era where companies such as Gillette praised machismo rather than demonized it.

Gillette is also changing its decades-old marketing tagline “The Best A Man Can Get” tagline into the more aspirational “The Best A Man Can Be”:

Thirty years ago, we launched our The Best A Man Can Get tagline….But turn on the news today and it’s easy to believe that men are not at their best. Many find themselves at a crossroads, caught between the past and a new era of masculinity.

Hmm…this “new era of masculinity” seems decidedly anti-masculine to me.

Perhaps it’s Alzheimer’s, but no matter how many times I slap myself upside the head to jog my memory, I still can’t remember a Tampax commercial where women were taken to task for false rape accusations, for being the primary violent abusers of children, for bullying both genders with far more relentless cruelty than boys could ever manage, for using men as ATMs and then discarding them when the cash stream runs dry, or for, according to all the studies I’ve ever seen committing violent acts against men at least as frequently as men hit them.

So far there’s been a substantial backlash to the ad—after all, people don’t cotton to being shamed by anyone to whom they’re forking over hard-earned money—with the natural self-gelded mandarins spewing the same predictable passive-aggressive “if this ad angered you, then you are obviously the problem” bullshit that makes me want to grab a rusty straight razor and shave their entire heads off.

Two of my favorite childhood memories involve my parents endorsing my tendency toward toxic masculinity.

In the first, I was sitting at dinner at around age eight relating how me and the neighborhood boys were tooling around in the woods a few blocks from our house and discovered a sewer pipe that was so large we were able to walk through it. With unabashed enthusiasm, I told mom and dad that when I emerged from the other pipe’s side into the daylight, there was a giant hairy spider crawling on my chest. When my mother attempted to scold me for engaging in such risky behavior, my dad gently explained, “C’mon, honey—this is just what boys do,” and she backed off in the service of a higher cause.

At around the same age while visiting my brother’s house in Fort Dix, NJ, I ripped out a few big-boobed pictures from the copies of Playboy magazine I’d found in his bedroom and took them home for my amusement. When mom was informed of the scandal, I expected a typically hysterical attempt to shame me for sticking my pre-pube beak into a softcore porn mag. Instead, mom gently tried explaining that there was nothing wrong with looking at naked women; it was just that I was simply a little too young for it.

In both cases, I feel that their benevolent indulgence of my wildly boyish ways was much healthier for my development than if they’d brought down the sort of Shame Whip that is relentlessly employed in this Gillette commercial. If you repress natural instincts, you’re just begging for them to reemerge in malignant ways.

There’s even some evidence that the more a father engages in “rough and tumble play” with his young sons, the less aggressive those sons will turn out to be later in life.

It makes a sort of evolutionary sense—the kind that no longer exists in modern advertising—that if you don’t want your men to grow up to be monsters, you should let your boys be boys.

The Rebel Poet
02-03-2019, 09:58 AM
A company that exists solely to make men look more like women comes out with an ad saying men are bad and people are surprised why exactly?

pcosmar
02-03-2019, 11:54 AM
A company that exists solely to make men look more like women comes out with an ad saying men are bad and people are surprised why exactly?

Interesting thought.

I may skip my spring shave,, though with a mild winter I have been trimming the face back a bit.

Swordsmyth
02-04-2019, 09:50 PM
YouTube Looking Into Removing Dislike Button After Gillette Ad, YouTube Rewind Fails (https://www.infowars.com/youtube-looking-into-removing-dislike-button-after-gillette-ad-youtube-rewind-fails/)

dannno
02-04-2019, 11:40 PM
YouTube Looking Into Removing Dislike Button After Gillette Ad, YouTube Rewind Fails (https://www.infowars.com/youtube-looking-into-removing-dislike-button-after-gillette-ad-youtube-rewind-fails/)

Think the Dorsey incident isn't fanning the flames?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?526183-Twitter-Permanently-Bans-Alex-Jones-Infowars&p=6746790&viewfull=1#post6746790

oyarde
02-04-2019, 11:47 PM

Thats how ya sell razor blades .

Swordsmyth
02-04-2019, 11:48 PM
Think the Dorsey incident isn't fanning the flames?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?526183-Twitter-Permanently-Bans-Alex-Jones-Infowars&p=6746790&viewfull=1#post6746790
It's hard to fan a raging inferno much higher.

Swordsmyth
04-26-2019, 08:53 PM
Following their much maligned ‘toxic masculinity’ ad, Gillette has become one of the weakest performing Proctor & Gamble products, with sales continuing to decline.
Get woke, go broke.

The commercial was so despised, it went on to become one of the most hated ads in Internet history.
Now the company is feeling the backlash where it hurts.
“Proctor & Gamble are experiencing better than expected profits in every area…except the male grooming products section of Gillette, and few people should be surprised,” writes Brandon Morse (https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2019/04/25/gillette-feeling-burn-thanks-toxic-masculinity-ad/).
He cites a MarketWatch (https://www.marketwatch.com/articles/gillette-procter-gamble-earnings-51556117984) piece which explains; “That raises the question of whether Gillette’s financial results are suffering because of its toxic-masculinity misfire. On Tuesday, Procter & Gamble (PG) beat earnings and revenue forecasts, but the stock fell 3% on a day the S&P 500 closed at a new high.”
“The good news is that sales grew 5% organically—that is, without help from acquisitions or currency exchange—whereas the Street was looking for 3.7%. Products for skin, fabrics, and home led the way. But sales of grooming products, including Gillette, slipped 1%, continuing a long string of declines.”

More at: https://www.infowars.com/gillette-sales-decline-following-toxic-masculinity-ad/

Swordsmyth
05-25-2019, 06:15 PM
Latest Gillette Ad Features Dad Teaching Transgender Son To Shave For The First Time (https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-25/latest-gillette-ad-features-dad-teaching-transgender-son-shave-first-time)

Anti Federalist
05-27-2019, 03:04 PM
So woke...

Anti Federalist
08-02-2019, 03:53 PM
So, to shareholders who lost money, to employees who lost jobs, to retailers who lost business, to suppliers who lost contracts:

"Fuck fucking you...my self loathing virtue signaling is worth more than all of your interests."

How does this turd still have a job?

Gillette CEO: $8 Billion Loss over Woke Ads ‘Worth Paying’

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/02/gillette-ceo-8-billion-loss-over-woke-ads-worth-paying/

DAVID NG 2 Aug 2019Los Angeles, CA

Gillette CEO and president Gary Coombe is defending the $8 billion write-down Procter & Gamble experienced last quarter related to his brand, saying in a recent interview that it was “worth paying” and that he doesn’t mind alienating some customers.

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/08/Gillette-CEO-Gary-Coombe-640x480.jpg

Coombe told Marketing Week that the loss was “a price worth paying” as the 188-year-old maker of razors, blades and other grooming products contends with dwindling sales.

“It was pretty stark. We were losing share, we were losing awareness and penetration, and something had to be done,” Coombe said. He said Gillette decided to “take a chance in an emotionally-charged way.”

Gillette debuted a commercial in January that not only spotlighted the #MeToo movement but attacked traditional masculinity. In a series of scenes, the commercial depicted men and boys engaging in sexual harassment, bullying and workplace condescension towards women.

“Is this the best a man can get?” the commercial asked, inverting Gillette’s famous tagline “the best a man can get.”

Another ad debuted in May showing a transgender male youth learning how to shave. Gillette also attacked traditional feminine beauty in ads for its Venus razors for women, featuring obese and transexual models.

The commercials received widespread pushback on social media. Coombe told Marketing Week that the backlash was more intense than he expected, but that he doesn’t regret running them.

“I don’t enjoy that some people were offended by the film and upset at the brand as a consequence. That’s not nice and goes against every ounce of training I’ve had in this industry over a third of a century,” he said.

“But I am absolutely of the view now that for the majority of people to fall more deeply in love with today’s brands you have to risk upsetting a small minority and that’s what we’ve done.”

Coombe said the ads were an attempt to capture millennial consumers, many of whom have defected to competitors like Dollar Shave Club and Harry’s.

“The worst thing during that period was, we also lost connection with the millennial generation. Gillette quickly became the brand of the millennial generation’s dads,” he said.

Gillette reported a $8 billion write-down during the recent fiscal fourth quarter, pushing its parent company Proctor & Gamble into a loss for the period.

The company blamed the loss on currency fluctuations as well as “market contraction” due to the continued fad of men growing out facial hair.

brushfire
08-02-2019, 04:43 PM
I was at a wedding and the topic of "#METOO" came up. I was talking to this guy and he said that so many of these tweet freaks call "hash sign" or "hash tags", but everyone knows that's actually a pound sign.

So in effect, all those women are saying "#(pound)METOO" - I think I about p$$ed my self.

Anti Globalist
08-02-2019, 04:46 PM
Guessing Gilette has no regrets making this commercial yet?

dannno
08-02-2019, 05:41 PM
So, to shareholders who lost money, to employees who lost jobs, to retailers who lost business, to suppliers who lost contracts:

"Fuck fucking you...my self loathing virtue signaling is worth more than all of your interests."

How does this turd still have a job?

Gillette CEO: $8 Billion Loss over Woke Ads ‘Worth Paying’

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/02/gillette-ceo-8-billion-loss-over-woke-ads-worth-paying/

DAVID NG 2 Aug 2019Los Angeles, CA

Gillette CEO and president Gary Coombe is defending the $8 billion write-down Procter & Gamble experienced last quarter related to his brand, saying in a recent interview that it was “worth paying” and that he doesn’t mind alienating some customers.

https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/08/Gillette-CEO-Gary-Coombe-640x480.jpg

Coombe told Marketing Week that the loss was “a price worth paying” as the 188-year-old maker of razors, blades and other grooming products contends with dwindling sales.

“It was pretty stark. We were losing share, we were losing awareness and penetration, and something had to be done,” Coombe said. He said Gillette decided to “take a chance in an emotionally-charged way.”

Gillette debuted a commercial in January that not only spotlighted the #MeToo movement but attacked traditional masculinity. In a series of scenes, the commercial depicted men and boys engaging in sexual harassment, bullying and workplace condescension towards women.

“Is this the best a man can get?” the commercial asked, inverting Gillette’s famous tagline “the best a man can get.”

Another ad debuted in May showing a transgender male youth learning how to shave. Gillette also attacked traditional feminine beauty in ads for its Venus razors for women, featuring obese and transexual models.

The commercials received widespread pushback on social media. Coombe told Marketing Week that the backlash was more intense than he expected, but that he doesn’t regret running them.

“I don’t enjoy that some people were offended by the film and upset at the brand as a consequence. That’s not nice and goes against every ounce of training I’ve had in this industry over a third of a century,” he said.

“But I am absolutely of the view now that for the majority of people to fall more deeply in love with today’s brands you have to risk upsetting a small minority and that’s what we’ve done.”

Coombe said the ads were an attempt to capture millennial consumers, many of whom have defected to competitors like Dollar Shave Club and Harry’s.

“The worst thing during that period was, we also lost connection with the millennial generation. Gillette quickly became the brand of the millennial generation’s dads,” he said.

Gillette reported a $8 billion write-down during the recent fiscal fourth quarter, pushing its parent company Proctor & Gamble into a loss for the period.

The company blamed the loss on currency fluctuations as well as “market contraction” due to the continued fad of men growing out facial hair.

Get woke, go broke

Anti Globalist
08-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Maybe Gilette should have realized that insulting the people who buy your product is gonna result in money loss.

Anti Federalist
08-02-2019, 08:28 PM
Maybe Gilette should have realized that insulting the people who buy your product is gonna result in money loss.

That's what's so infuriating.

This self loathing turd knew exactly what he was doing, and didn't care.

$8 billion in profit gone, harming employees, shareholders and suppliers, and he doesn't give a shit.

His virtue signaling and stupid soy boy social justice warriorism is more important.

This is bordering on criminal.

Swordsmyth
08-02-2019, 08:32 PM

$8 billion in profit gone, harming employees, shareholders and suppliers, and he doesn't give a $#@!.

His virtue signaling and stupid soy boy social justice warriorism is more important.

Or the people who gave him his job (the big investors), care more about power than money and he knows they will reward him for doing their will.

The Goal Of Corporations Is Not To Make Money (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535154-The-Goal-Of-Corporations-Is-Not-To-Make-Money)

Anti Globalist
08-02-2019, 08:46 PM

$8 billion in profit gone, harming employees, shareholders and suppliers, and he doesn't give a $#@!.

It's absolutely mind boggling. Just wait until more billion dollar companies start doing this. This is just the beginning. I honestly hope Gillette goes out of business because of this or the CEO steps down. I won't bank any of that happening though.

Anti Federalist
08-24-2019, 10:36 AM
Gillette ‘Shifting Spotlight from Social Issues’ After Anti-Masculinity Ad Disaster

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/08/23/gillette-shifting-spotlight-from-social-issues-after-anti-masculinity-ad-disaster/

ALLUM BOKHARI23 Aug 2019

Shaving company Gillette says it is “shifting the spotlight from social issues to local heroes,” after the company’s brief foray into the SJW-style demonization of masculinity drew a massive backlash from customers.
The company landed itself in hot water last year when it ran a #MeToo-themed ad borrowing language from far-left anti-male feminists, depicting the abuse of women by men and encouraging male Gilette customers to “shave their toxic masculinity.”

Other attempts to demonstrate the company’s “woke” credentials included an ad showing a dad teaching his transitioning female-to-male child how to shave.

Shaving brands are not difficult to boycott. Most major retailers stock competitors to Gillette in their shaving sections, at similar or lower prices. There are plenty of other brands that have taken a different approach, with competitor Schick even running ads spotlighting sexist expectations against men.

Consumers did not reward Gillette for its attempt to dabble in left-wing identity politics. Gillette’s parent company, Procter & Gamble (P&G), posted a net loss of $5.24 billion in the fourth quarter, compared to profits of $1.89 billion a year ago.

News.com.au finance editor Steven Chung tied Gillette’s losses to its political messaging, noting the perils of alienating half the population.

Via news.com.au:

Advertising is increasingly the battleground of the culture wars, with big brands like Target, Nike and Starbucks copping backlash, and praise, for taking sides in divisive social and political issues like race, gender and sexuality.

But by alienating roughly 50 per cent of potential customers, many brands end up taking a hit to their bottom line — “Get woke, go broke.”

At the time, Gillette CEO Gary Coombe said the loss was a “price worth paying” and that he didn’t mind alienating some customers.

With the company now “shifting away from social issues,” it’s possible that Coombe’s view failed to win out.

nobody's_hero
08-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Consumers did not reward Gillette for its attempt to dabble in left-wing identity politics. Gillette’s parent company, Procter & Gamble (P&G), posted a net loss of $5.24 billion in the fourth quarter, compared to profits of $1.89 billion a year ago.

Get woke go broke.

phill4paul
08-27-2019, 05:45 PM
So woke...

Go broke....

Gillette Dumps Campaign Against 'Toxic Masculinity' After Losing Billions

Procter & Gamble reported a net loss of $5.24 billion following an $8 billion write-down.

Boston, MA – Gillette has announced that it is “shifting the spotlight” of its advertising campaign, after backlash following their recent progressive ads about various social issues contributed to an $8 billion write-down for parent company Procter & Gamble.

The company blamed the write-down on global currency devaluations and the fact that growing beards has become more of a trend.

Competitors who sell their products for less have also been an issue, CNBC reported.

The company did not mention alienating a large number of its customers as a potential reason for the downturn.

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/gillette-dumps-campaign-against-toxic-masculinity-after-losing-billions-0e926i-34keAutm-NEWRjA/?fbclid=IwAR2KaSEFjtak3dP1cn4I6UoCCgx0p8BqtxeDsIxC PXiN1eIzBEM24k8KAv8

phill4paul
08-27-2019, 05:46 PM
Go broke....

https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmatter/news/gillette-dumps-campaign-against-toxic-masculinity-after-losing-billions-0e926i-34keAutm-NEWRjA/?fbclid=IwAR2KaSEFjtak3dP1cn4I6UoCCgx0p8BqtxeDsIxC PXiN1eIzBEM24k8KAv8

Ah, NVM, AF beat me to it. Lol.

GunnyFreedom
08-27-2019, 06:03 PM

How does a shaving company not know that the vast majority of bearded men still shave? :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
08-27-2019, 08:03 PM
How does a shaving company not know that the vast majority of bearded men still shave? :rolleyes:

LOL - Because like so many other large companies, these decisions are being made by woke assholes that are utterly disconnected from their customers.

brushfire
08-27-2019, 08:15 PM
LOL - Because like so many other large companies, these decisions are being made by woke $#@!s that are utterly disconnected from their customers.

What have they got to lose? They float on their golden parachute while they leave the employees to take a golden shower.

Danke
09-08-2019, 07:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQatCxIpx7A

enhanced_deficit
09-09-2019, 01:14 AM
Was Gillete trying to cash in on MAGA-Woke trends and failed?

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/5944c7fd2100002a0033cae5.jpeg?cache=drpg827gpx&ops=scalefit_720_noupscale
Gay Teacher Of The Year Fans LGBTQ Pride In Viral Photo With Donald Trump (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535185-Trump-is-selling-%91LGBTQ-for-Trump%92-T-shirts-for-Gay-Pride-month&p=6806301&viewfull=1#post6806301)
Nikos Giannopoulos “celebrates the joy and freedom of gender nonconformity” in a photo with Donald and Melania Trump.

Unfortunately, recent reports have Gillete losing billions and recent Foxnews polls have MAGA-woke losing to Biden by double digits.

Woke to Broke: Gillette Loses Billions After Anti-Men, Transgender Shaving Ads
Katie Pavlich
Aug 01, 2019
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2019/08/01/woke-to-broke-gillette-loses-billions-after-antimen-transgender-shaving-ads-n2551026

Related
Trump is selling ‘LGBTQ for Trump’ T-shirts for Gay Pride month (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?535185-Trump-is-selling-‘LGBTQ-for-Trump’-T-shirts-for-Gay-Pride-month&)

Stratovarious
09-09-2019, 02:41 PM
A shout to @Danke (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=6186) , looks like he cover this, but here's Steven Turley's take:

BOTH GILLETTE AND NIKE HAVE FTITA with their sjw meddling and lectures, lectures
based on racism and lies, lectures we didn't ask for, don't want, don't need.
BOTH HAVE LOST BILLIONS, good for them....

Here's Turley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSW7rYaf0QQ

Sarge
09-10-2019, 09:56 AM
I have used Gillette since I started shaving. I buy enough shaving gel and razor product to last a year at a time. Saves running to the stores when I buy it on sale.

Electric razors don't work great on my tough beard. Only good for a touch up.

I switched razors and shaving gel away from Gillette.

Their profit is going down further.

Sarge

Swordsmyth
03-11-2020, 05:20 PM
How'd That Work Out for Gillette? Brie Larson's 'Woke' Nissan Ad Tells Men to Stay in Their Lane (https://pjmedia.com/trending/howd-that-work-our-for-gillette-brie-larsons-woke-nissan-ad-tells-men-to-stay-in-their-lane/)