PDA

View Full Version : "I Never Said Mexico Would Pay for The Wall"

Zippyjuan
01-10-2019, 09:23 PM
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/jan/10/donald-trump/trump-claims-he-never-meant-mexico-would-write-che/

No, NAFTA/ USMCA will pay for it.
No, taking money from people sending money to family in Mexico will pay for it.
No, we have the money and are already building the wall.
No, the Shutdown Money will pay for it. (whatever that means).
No, Congress needs to give me my money right now! (even if all these other people are supposedly going to pay for it instead)

As his border wall fight with Democrats continues, President Donald Trump finds himself in the awkward position of having to explain what happened to the idea that Mexico would pay all the costs.

Trump tried to dance out of the apparent contradiction on the White House lawn Jan. 10, the 20th day of a partial government shutdown.

"When during the campaign I would say ‘Mexico is going to pay for it,’ obviously, I never said this, and I never meant they're going to write out a check," Trump told reporters. "I said they're going to pay for it. They are."

Later on the same day while visiting the border in Texas, Trump offered the same logic: "When I say Mexico is going to pay for the wall, that's what I said. Mexico is going to pay. I didn't say they're going to write me a check for $20 billion or $10 billion."

We’ve seen the president try to say he never said something that he very much said before, so we wondered about this case.

Spoiler: Trump has it wrong.

We found several instances over the last few years, and in campaign materials contradicting the president’s statement.

In an April 2016 memo, Trump’s campaign outlined the steps he could take to get Mexico to pay for the wall.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.

Trump proposed measures to compel Mexico to pay for the wall, such as cutting off remittances sent from undocumented Mexicans in the U.S. via wire transfers.

Then, the memo says, if and when the Mexican government protested, they would be told to pay a lump sum "to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect." The plan lists a few other methods if that didn’t work, like the trade deficit, canceling Mexican visas or increasing visa fees. (Experts have told us there isn’t a connection between the U.S.-Mexico trade deficit and finding money for a wall.)

Trump has amended his "Mexico will pay" pledge many times, though this is the first day we’ve heard him deny that he once called for a large check.

The earliest mention we could find of him pitching a Mexico-funded wall came during a visit to New Hampshire in April 2015 (hat-tip Washington Post). He said he would "take it out" of the trade deficit: "I will take it from out of just a small fraction of the money they’ve been screwing us for over the last number of years."

Then he outlined the lump-sum-in-exchange-for-allowing-remittances idea. As president, he has also thrown out "reimbursement/other," the trade deficit and a "solar wall" that would cut down on Mexico’s bill.

More recently, including during his border trip, Trump says the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USCMA) trade deal will result in Mexico "indirectly" paying for the wall. That argument is also faulty: The deal has not been ratified by each country’s legislature, it lacks new tariffs on Mexican goods coming into the country, and the benefits would go to private businesses.

We’ve compiled a number of his mentions here:

"I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words." - Trump presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

"And, you know, we're building a wall. And it's going to be a great wall. OK? And, by the way, Mexico will pay for it." - CBS Face the Nation, Aug. 23, 2015

"They said, ‘The president of Mexico said they will not, under any circumstance, pay for the wall, what is your comment?’ I said, ‘the wall just got 10 feet higher.’" - Tampa rally, Feb. 12, 2016

"We have a trade deficit with Mexico, that’s why Mexico is going to pay for the wall .. It’s 100 percent … We have a trade deficit with Mexico of $58 billion a year, the wall is going to cost $10 billion. You’re telling me I can’t make that deal? That’s an easy deal."- Trump press conference, March 8, 2016

"We’re going to build a wall, we’re going to build a wall. And Mexico, as sure as you’re standing here, Mexico is going to pay for the wall." - Trump rally in Kansas City, MO, March 12, 2016

"Mexico will pay for the wall!" - Trump tweet, Sept. 1, 2016

"I want to get the wall started. I don’t want to wait a year and a half until I make my deal with Mexico … so in order to get the wall started, Mexico will pay for it, but it’ll be reimbursed." - Trump press conference, Jan. 11, 2017

"Ultimately, it'll come out of what's happening with Mexico. We're going to be starting those negotiations relatively soon. And we will be in a form reimbursed by Mexico, which I've always said." - ABC News interview with David Muir, Jan. 25, 2017

"Well, we're working on a tax reform bill that will reduce our trade deficits, increase American exports and will generate revenue from Mexico that will pay for the wall if we decide to go that route." - Republican retreat in Philadelphia, Jan. 26, 2017

"Eventually, but at a later date so we can get started early, Mexico will be paying, in some form, for the badly needed border wall." - Trump tweet, April 23, 2017

"We're talking about the southern border, lots of sun, lots of heat. We're thinking about building the wall as a solar wall so it creates energy and pays for itself. And this way, Mexico will have to pay much less money." - Trump rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, June 21, 2017

"With Mexico being one of the highest crime Nations in the world, we must have THE WALL. Mexico will pay for it through reimbursement/other." - Trump tweet, Aug. 27, 2017

"One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the wall. That’s right. It may be through reimbursement, but one way or the other, Mexico will pay for the wall." - Joint press conference with Finland President Sauli Niinistö, August 28, 2017

"I don't want to cause a problem. I don't want to cause it. But, in the end -- in the end, Mexico is going to pay for the wall." Trump rally in Nashville, TN, May 29, 2018

"I often stated, ‘One way or the other, Mexico is going to pay for the Wall.’ This has never changed. Our new deal with Mexico (and Canada), the USMCA, is so much better than the old, very costly & anti-USA NAFTA deal, that just by the money we save, MEXICO IS PAYING FOR THE WALL!" - Trump tweet, Dec. 13, 2018

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-10-2019, 11:12 PM
Troll thread

timosman
01-10-2019, 11:14 PM
Now I am getting curious who provides Zippy with encouragement to continue trolling here. :D

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 02:14 PM
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mexico-pay-for-wall-promise-abandoned-shutdown-5d4846a0b05d/

"I never said Mexico would write a check for the wall!"

The president doubled down moments later, adding, “When I said Mexico will pay for the wall in front of thousands of thousands of people, obviously they’re not going to write a check, but they are paying for the wall indirectly.”

Those comments directly contradict past statements Trump made on his own campaign website, as well as Trump’s own words about Mexico writing a check to Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

An archived DonaldJTrump.com page from March 2016 titled “COMPELLING MEXICO TO PAY FOR THE WALL,” reads, “It’s an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year.”

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-mexico-pay-for-wall-promise-abandoned-shutdown-5d4846a0b05d/

https://i1.wp.com/thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/trumppayforthewallwebsite.png?w=990&crop=0%2C0px%2C100%2C474px&ssl=1

Warlord
01-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Just ban him for god sake!

Superfluous Man
01-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Just ban him for god sake!

This.

He shouldn't be allowed to troll every thread Zippy makes, no matter how valuable and legitimate it is for this site, just to call him a troll.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 02:45 PM
''I never said you could keep your doctor''
''I never said your rates won't go up''
'' I never said we had 57 states''
''I never said the Constitution was seriously flawed''
'' I never said that no lobbyist would work in the White House''

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarenzippity:

Everyone in America knows what Trump said and what he meant, he never
said that they would write a check blah blah........we knew that it would come
out in trade deals.
There are other promises he didn't keep, but he still has time to make this good.

Superfluous Man
01-11-2019, 02:56 PM
we knew that it would come
out in trade deals.

Sarcasm?

Obviously, that's not at all what he promised on the campaign trail.

His whole position in this government shutdown is that he refuses to sign a budget unless it makes American taxpayers, not Mexico, pay for the wall. This is the very thing he promised on the campaign trail, over and over again, that he would not do.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Sarcasm?

His whole position in this government shutdown is that he refuses to sign a budget unless it makes American taxpayers, not Mexico, pay for the wall. This is the very thing he promised on the campaign trail, over and over again, that he would not do.

'Over time', but of course that could be 30 years, we need 'something' done now, so , well
either way, Trump has not kept every promise to be sure, but I like a hella lot of what he has
done.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 03:04 PM
Building the wall is probably less important than getting Hillary, Comey, Mueller etc locked up
but we know damn well that is a pipe dream, never happen' .

Schifference
01-11-2019, 03:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS-cip2brsg

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 03:10 PM

Bill is so right, I use this every day, its got' me out of a ton of jambs.......:frog:

dannno
01-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Sarcasm?

That is complete bullshit.. He has ALWAYS said, even during his early campaign days, that Mexico will pay for it "some how".

It is the fake news media, and fake news types like you and zippy who have spent 3 years lying your ass off every time it's brought up. You feel so smug with your stupid "gotchas".

A Son of Liberty
01-11-2019, 03:39 PM
This.

He shouldn't be allowed to troll every thread Zippy makes, no matter how valuable and legitimate it is for this site, just to call him a troll.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Superfluous Man again.

//

A Son of Liberty
01-11-2019, 03:41 PM
That is complete bull$#@!.. He has ALWAYS said, even during his early campaign days, that Mexico will pay for it "some how".

It is the fake news media, and fake news types like you and zippy who have spent 3 years lying your ass off every time it's brought up. You feel so smug with your stupid "gotchas".

Jeezus dude...

This is worse than the, "That Swordsmyth posts so much volume and has articles at his fingertips is PROOF that he's NOT a paid shill..."

Just give up, man...

Superfluous Man
01-11-2019, 03:52 PM
That is complete bull$#@!.. He has ALWAYS said, even during his early campaign days, that Mexico will pay for it "some how".

I'm sure you can find quotes of him saying lots of things that contradict other things he's said. He has a habit of doing that.

But he famously promised repeatedly and clearly that Mexico, not American taxpayers, would pay for the wall. And his brainless, non-player character, programmed, sycophants (you were probably one of them) shouted it along with him. I don't think he ever suggested on the campaign trail that this could be done by making American taxpayers pay for it, while somehow imagining that they would recoup that cost through some renegotiated trade deal. And, as you can see from Trump's own words during the campaign, posted in post #4 above, they sound a lot more like saying Mexico would write a check for $5 Billion to pay for the wall, then this lame excuse.

There is no conceivable way to harmonize that with his current insistence on making American taxpayers pay for it, except by the kinds of ridiculous sophistry to which he is characteristically resorting.

Let's say we do take him seriously enough in this silly charade to probe his claims a little bit just for laughs. Has he actually pointed out specifically where in this trade deal the $5 Billion for the wall is, so that anybody can actually check him on it, and see: 1) if it's really there at all, and 2) if that money is really coming from Mexico and not American consumers buying things made in Mexico?

Does anybody other than the aforementioned non-player characters really think he's actually bothered to think deeply enough about his own claims to bother doing that even for the sake of his own understanding, much less to be able to explain it to the people he's using this line on?

And if he did that, and were successful, then why would he be demanding that Congress pass a budget that includes money for the wall, when he already renegotiated a trade deal that provided precisely the money he's demanding from them?

dannno
01-11-2019, 03:55 PM
Jeezus dude...

This is worse than the, "That Swordsmyth posts so much volume and has articles at his fingertips is PROOF that he's NOT a paid shill..."

Just give up, man...

What the FUCK are you talking about? Trump has always said that.. when he was campaigning, he said they would pay for it some how. Through trade deals, or something.. He didn't say that the first time he said it, he didn't say it every time, but he said it plenty of fucking times.

You would know that if you actually bothered listening to Trump or me or anybody posting here who repeated what he said multiple times throughout the campaign.. If all you do is watch fucking CNN all day and listen to zippy's posts then everything you hear is complete bullshit.

Superfluous Man
01-11-2019, 04:03 PM
What the $#@! are you talking about? Trump has always said that.. when he was campaigning, he said they would pay for it some how. Through trade deals, or something.. He didn't say that the first time he said it, he didn't say it every time, but he said it plenty of $#@!ing times.

You would know that if you actually bothered listening to Trump or me or anybody posting here who repeated what he said multiple times throughout the campaign.. If all you do is watch $#@!ing CNN all day and listen to zippy's posts then everything you hear is complete bull$#@!.

Despite the available goldmine of available quotes from Trump on the campaign trail that promise both one thing and its exact opposite, I don't believe I ever saw any from either him or his supporters that resorted to explaining how Mexico would pay for the wall in a way that could include this current iteration.

I do remember a lot of suggestions they offered about how it would happen. But this wouldn't fit into any of them.

To try to stretch enough wiggle room for this out of the word "somehow" is effectively admitting it was a lie all along.

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:04 PM
I'm sure you can find quotes of him saying lots of things that contradict other things he's said. He has a habit of doing that.

But he famously promised repeatedly and clearly that Mexico, not American taxpayers, would pay for the wall. And his brainless, non-player character, programmed, sycophants (you were probably one of them) shouted it along with him. I don't think he ever suggested on the campaign trail that this could be done by making American taxpayers pay for it, while somehow imagining that they would recoup that cost through some renegotiated trade deal. And, as you can see from Trump's own words during the campaign, posted in post #4 above, they sound a lot more like saying Mexico would write a check for $5 Billion to pay for the wall, then this lame excuse.

There is no conceivable way to harmonize that with his current insistence on making American taxpayers pay for it, except by the kinds of ridiculous sophistry to which he is characteristically resorting.

Let's say we do take him seriously enough in this silly charade to probe his claims a little bit just for laughs. Has he actually pointed out specifically where in this trade deal the $5 Billion for the wall is, so that anybody can actually check him on it, and see: 1) if it's really there at all, and 2) if that money is really coming from Mexico and not American consumers buying things made in Mexico?

Does anybody other than the aforementioned non-player characters really think he's actually bothered to think deeply enough about his own claims to bother doing that even for the sake of his own understanding, much less to be able to explain it to the people he's using this line on?

And if he did that, and were successful, then why would he be demanding that Congress pass a budget that includes money for the wall, when he already renegotiated a trade deal that provided precisely the money he's demanding from them?

Dude, you need to shut the fuck up and listen for a change instead of yappity yapping..

Trump said hundreds of times on the campaign trail that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

He said dozens of times on the campaign trail that Mexico would pay for the wall "some how", through trade deals or something.

Those are NOT fucking contradictory statements. Every Trump supporter understands this.. Only a completely insane person with TDS thinks those are contradictory statements.

Ender
01-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Dude, you need to shut the $#@! up and listen for a change instead of yappity yapping..

Trump said hundreds of times on the campaign trail that Mexico was going to pay for the wall.

He said dozens of times on the campaign trail that Mexico would pay for the wall "some how", through trade deals or something.

Those are NOT $#@!ing contradictory statements. Every Trump supporter understands this.. Only a completely insane person with TDS thinks those are contradictory statements.

Only a completely insane person with TDS thinks those are NOT contradictory statements.

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:10 PM
Despite the available goldmine of available quotes from Trump on the campaign trail that promise both one thing and its exact opposite, I don't believe I ever saw any from either him or his supporters that resorted to explaining how Mexico would pay for the wall in a way that could include this current iteration.

I do remember a lot of suggestions they offered about how it would happen. But this wouldn't fit into any of them.

To try to stretch enough wiggle room for this out of the word "somehow" is effectively admitting it was a lie all along.

He specifically said they would pay for it, maybe under trade deals, or he literally said "some how". Some how includes pretty much fucking anything. But since all you do is yappity yap instead of listen...

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:12 PM
Only a completely insane person with TDS thinks those are NOT contradictory statements.

Saying Mexico will pay for the wall some how, and saying Mexico will pay for the wall, are not in fact contradictory statements. Do you even ah-speaky the english bro?

TheTexan
01-11-2019, 04:15 PM
Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall, he didn't say how they would pay. He's already made Mexico pay for the wall, by leveraging tariffs against China which increases the balance of trade towards the US which causes Mexico to have a weaker bargaining position in both government & corporate deals.

So Mexico already paid for it, and they'll keep paying for it, for as long as Trump is President.

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:16 PM
It is literally retarded that we are having this debate 3 years later.. this has been debated for three fucking years..

Originally Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Then in a speech he said they might pay for it through trade deals or something. Then retards start saying, "ah hah!! so Mexico won't pay for the wall!" No, idiot, they will pay for it through trade deals, or some other way. That is how it has always been framed.

Trump supporters get a lot of flack for being "slow", but no Trump supporter is confused by this. They understand it perfectly. None of them have a problem with it. You have to be like IQ 70 not to understand that Mexico paying for the wall through trade deals is not contradictory to Mexico paying for the wall.. Unless Trump literally at one point said that the President of Mexico would write him a check, which he NEVER said, or unless Trump specified how Mexico would pay for the wall, which he NEVER did.. all he did was say they would pay for it - they would pay for it some how - maybe through trade deals, or maybe directly, who knows... It's pretty fucking simple.

Ender
Saying Mexico will pay for the wall some how, and saying Mexico will pay for the wall, are not in fact contradictory statements. Do you even ah-speaky the english bro?

Better than you, apparently. :speaknoevil:

Superfluous Man
Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall, he didn't say how they would pay. He's already made Mexico pay for the wall, by leveraging tariffs against China which increases the balance of trade towards the US which causes Mexico to have a weaker bargaining position in both government & corporate deals.

So Mexico already paid for it, and they'll keep paying for it, for as long as Trump is President.

+rep

You sound infinitely more logical than Trump's actual supporters.

TheTexan
01-11-2019, 04:17 PM
I told my ex-wife she would one day pay for sleeping with my cousin.

I didn't tell her how she was gonna pay for it.

Ender
01-11-2019, 04:18 PM
+rep

You sound infinitely more logical than Trump's actual supporters.

Ya think? :upsidedown:

Superfluous Man
01-11-2019, 04:21 PM

I like how you left the quotation marks off that last part. Because as far as you actually know, Trump never did say, "through trade deals or something," did he?

And even if he did, we both know that he's not capable of showing in any real and specific way how the trade deal that he's now claiming does include Mexico paying for the wall actually does.

If he's going to say that this trade deal constitutes Mexico paying for the wall "somehow," he might as well pick any random unrelated thing he wants, like nominating Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and say that that counts as Mexico paying for the wall somehow.

Obviously his supporters will accept that explanation.

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Better than you, apparently. :speaknoevil:

Saying Mexico will pay for the wall, and then saying Mexico won't pay for the wall are contradictory statements.

Saying Mexico will pay for the wall, then saying Mexico will pay for the wall some how are NOT contradictory statements.

Take a fucking logic class or something.. You are just spewing nonsense and confusing stupid people.

kahless
01-11-2019, 04:28 PM

Those are NOT ... contradictory statements. Every Trump supporter understands this..

https://i1.wp.com/thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/trumppayforthewallwebsite.png?w=990&crop=0%2C0px%2C100%2C474px&ssl=1

Sorry Danno but he clearly backed off from where he was when you look at his campaign promise in the image above. Then to go as far as to shutdown the government since he does not have the funding makes him into a bit of hypocrite. (not that I care that it is shutdown). The man is all talk with no follow through.

Did you see the other thread about citizenship for H-1B's and bringing in more of them? Just more betrayal and cuckery from Trump.

He says it is an invasion, but only threatens to send troops to the border to secure it. We knew this 2 years ago and he still has not secured the border. Just more talk and threats while appeasing his far left enemies. I am getting sick and tired of every issue him saying one thing and then dialing it way back later so he can appease his enemies. He reaches across the aisle to betray his campaign promises and base to people that are figuratively spitting on him, his supporters and the values he promoted. The man wants to be liked by his opposition more so than appeasing his base. The tough talk and bluster is meaningless without a backbone to follow through.

It is not going to make me vote for the left or disagree with his campaign promises. But his continued failure to follow through while betraying his promises will have me looking at supporting a primary challenge or a third party for man that can follow through. Not some spineless wimp that is always cowering to his opposition and the news media.

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:29 PM
I like how you left the quotation marks off that last part. Because as far as you actually know, Trump never did say, "through trade deals or something," did he?

And even if he did, we both know that he's not capable of showing in any real and specific way how the trade deal that he's now claiming does include Mexico paying for the wall actually does.

If he's going to say that this trade deal constitutes Mexico paying for the wall "somehow," he might as well pick any random unrelated thing he wants, like nominating Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, and say that that counts as Mexico paying for the wall somehow.

He said it all the way back in 2015.. Stop being dense. This is literally retard territory we are in right now.

dannno
01-11-2019, 04:36 PM

Sorry Danno but he clearly backed off from where he was when you look at his campaign promise in the image above. Then to go as far as to shutdown the government since he does not have the funding makes him into a bit of hypocrite. (not that I care that it is shutdown). The man is all talk with no follow through.

Did you see the other thread about citizenship for H-1B's and bringing in more of them? Just more betrayal and cuckery from Trump.

He says it is an invasion, but only threatens to send troops to the border to secure it. We knew this 2 years ago and he still has not secured the border. Just more talk and threats while appeasing his far left enemies. I am getting sick and tired of every issue him saying one thing and then dialing it way back later so he can appease his enemies. He reaches across the aisle to betray his campaign promises and base to people that are figuratively spitting on him, his supporters and the values he promoted. The man wants to be liked by his opposition more so than appeasing his base. The tough talk and bluster is meaningless without a backbone to follow through.

It is not going to make me vote for the left or disagree with his campaign promises. But his continued failure to follow through while betraying his promises will have me looking at supporting a primary challenge or a third party for man that can follow through. Not some spineless wimp that is always cowering to his opposition and the news media.

Sorry, you are wrong.. if we have been giving Mexico $24 billion every year for however long, and they are taking a $5-$10 billion hit off that payment, that is $5-$10 billion toward the wall. Trump never promised that he would stop paying Mexico $24 billion per year and also get them to pay for the wall. He only promised they would pay for the wall.

Also, I don't know how your opinion of Trump gets shaped, do you watch a bunch of CNN or something? Or do you not understand the influence of the deep state in the media and in politics? Because Trump can't just do whatever the fuck he wants, but he is making big moves and pushing us in the right direction.

If he pulls us out of Syria and Afghanistan, are you going to be looking for another option? Like who? Fucking Romney? Get the fuck outta here..

A lot of people on this site have changed their opinion of Trump more favorably since he has been in office, and for good reason.

CCTelander
01-11-2019, 04:38 PM

Dannno is noe mere supporter. He's the most fanatical of pro-Trump zealots. His lips seem permanently affixed to Trump's ass.

kahless
01-11-2019, 04:58 PM
Sorry, you are wrong.. if we have been giving Mexico $24 billion every year for however long, and they are taking a $5-$10 billion hit off that payment, that is $5-$10 billion toward the wall. Trump never promised that he would stop paying Mexico $24 billion per year and also get them to pay for the wall. He only promised they would pay for the wall.

That graphic is from his campaign website calling for a one time payment from Mexico.

Also, I don't know how your opinion of Trump gets shaped, do you watch a bunch of CNN or something? Or do you not understand the influence of the deep state in the media and in politics? Because Trump can't just do whatever the fuck he wants, but he is making big moves and pushing us in the right direction.

Even if it means betraying the very policies he ran on that get him elected in the first place? One does not need CNN or any news outlet to come to that conclusion. Just follow his own twitter feed, legislation being passed and legislation not being passed.

If he pulls us out of Syria and Afghanistan, are you going to be looking for another option? Like who? Fucking Romney? Get the fuck outta here..

I said back in December that this might just be talk to appease his base and give it time or whoever gets in his ear then we will end up staying. So it is another big if and were more than two years in.

A lot of people on this site have changed their opinion of Trump more favorably since he has been in office, and for good reason.

The statements at his campaign rallies, crushing the far left and his campaign promises are all great things. But if it amounts to nothing being changed other than for the worse then what is the point.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 05:08 PM
160+ Countries have 'border adjusted vat taxes'.
-
Our Trade deficit with Mexico in 2015 was $60 Billion,
we can make up 5 billion very quickly , Mexico Will pay.
-
Trump is right.

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 05:11 PM
160+ Countries have 'border adjusted vat taxes'.Exempt export tax , green light import tax.-Our Trade deficit with Mexio in 2015 was $60 Billion, we can make up 5 billion very quickly , Mexico Will pay.-Trump is right.

Yes, it is good when countries tax other countries to pay for their own programs. Perhaps the EU and China should be taxing US citizens more.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-11-2019, 05:12 PM
Yes, it is good when countries tax other countries to pay for their own programs. Perhaps the EU and China should be taxing US citizens more.

Maybe you should be taxed on RPF! Share some of your loot you make off us! LOL!

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 05:14 PM
Dannno is noe mere supporter. He's the most fanatical of pro-Trump zealots. His lips seem permanently affixed to Trump's ass.
Who did you vote for , based on what policies?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-11-2019, 05:16 PM
Dannno probably gets the best weed. Dannno for president.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 05:26 PM
Gotta love these Deranged Hillary sycophants, 'deranged syndrome' , inverted reality trolls.Obama spent 25 billion at the border, and you'd think by listening to all this Trump Hate rhetoric that 5 billion was just a ton of cash, end of world , reckless spending, Trump said this , and said something else, well folks , your last president lied to you about 'important' issues and whittled away at your God Given rights, oh but mommy mommy, looky' what dat bad Trump said..........jfc, get a life people.

dannno
01-11-2019, 05:31 PM
Who did you vote for , based on what policies?

Pretty sure they voted for the same person I did.. Gary Johnson..

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 05:32 PM
Gotta love these Deranged Hillary sycophants, 'deranged syndrome' , inverted reality trolls.Obama spent 25 billion at the border, and you'd think by listening to all this Trump Hate rhetoric that 5 billion was just a ton of cash, end of world , reckless spending, Trump said this , and said something else, well folks , your last president lied to you about 'important' issues and whittled away at your God Given rights, oh but mommy mommy, looky' what dat bad Trump said..........jfc, get a life people.

Link?

dannno
01-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Link?

I dunno, but in 2012 the Obama admin spent $18 billion on immigration enforcement - if you average the amount spent on immigration enforcement since 1986 until 2012, you get $7.5 billion. So that is over $10 billion extra in one year over the average that Obama spent on immigration enforcement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/07/obama-immigration-enforcement/1815667/

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Sarcasm?

Mommy :tugsonskirt: make them stop, Trumpty promised blah blah blah, well he
also promised (de facto) that Hillary was going jail, some things just don't
work out, where were you when Obama fkd up Health Care and your rights
those things matter, really , but now, where the money comes from
is your obsession? Is this going to come right out of your pocket, are
going to see this in your tax bill ever, probably not, there's a lot of budget
items that will never come out of your pocket, MEXICO will pay,not with a check,
so what , he never even said they would pay with a cash deal of any kind.
,,,,,,,,,but
mommy Trumps a bad boy , he said........:frog:whiner ..........

Schifference
01-11-2019, 05:40 PM

So it would be safe to say that at the moment, congress is unknowingly doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. These debates bring focus to a chronic immigration issue can that has been kicked down the road for a very long time.

oyarde
01-11-2019, 05:41 PM
I dunno, but in 2012 the Obama admin spent $18 billion on immigration enforcement - if you average the amount spent on immigration enforcement since 1986 until 2012, you get $7.5 billion. So that is over $10 billion extra in one year over the average that Obama spent on immigration enforcement.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/07/obama-immigration-enforcement/1815667/

Obama money is magical and does not apply.

Schifference
01-11-2019, 05:43 PM
In other news:

Ocasio-Cortez told us she's determined to keep fighting for what's being called a "Green New Deal" — a highly ambitious, some would say "unrealistic," proposal that would convert the entire U.S. Economy to renewable sources of energy in just 12 years, while guaranteeing every American a job at a fair wage.

Anderson Cooper: You're talking about zero carbon emissions— no use of fossil fuels within 12 years.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: That is the goal. It's ambitious. And...

Anderson Cooper: How is that possible? Are you talking about everybody having to drive an electric car?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: It's going to require a lot of rapid change that we don't even conceive as possible right now. What is the problem with trying to push our technological capacities to the furthest extent possible?

Anderson Cooper: This would require, though, raising taxes.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: There's an element where— yeah. There— people are going to have to start paying their fair share in taxes.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Pretty sure they voted for the same person I did.. Gary Johnson..
I thought Gary was a fraud, an imposter, seriously, I don't remember what
the issues were but at the time they were glaring so I xd' him way off my list.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 05:52 PM
Obama money is magical and does not apply.
I'm still checking the mail for my free phone an' stuff...:frog:
We need another cash for clunkers program, that was big.....

kahless
01-11-2019, 05:56 PM
In other news:

Ocasio-Cortez told us she's determined to keep fighting for what's being called a "Green New Deal" — a highly ambitious, some would say "unrealistic," proposal that would convert the entire U.S. Economy to renewable sources of energy in just 12 years, while guaranteeing every American a job at a fair wage.

Anderson Cooper: You're talking about zero carbon emissions— no use of fossil fuels within 12 years.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: That is the goal. It's ambitious. And...

Anderson Cooper: How is that possible? Are you talking about everybody having to drive an electric car?

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: It's going to require a lot of rapid change that we don't even conceive as possible right now. What is the problem with trying to push our technological capacities to the furthest extent possible?

Anderson Cooper: This would require, though, raising taxes.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: There's an element where— yeah. There— people are going to have to start paying their fair share in taxes.

Amazing how her views go unchallenged by her young supporters on the left simply because she is a young Hispanic female. As if she is going to help them when in reality all she is, is a whore for corporate welfare.

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 05:57 PM

Money authorized by the Republican Congress.

dannno
01-11-2019, 06:05 PM
I thought Gary was a fraud, an imposter, seriously, I don't remember what
the issues were but at the time they were glaring so I xd' him way off my list.

Gary Johnson isn't the best choice for President.. he did campaign on ending the wars, though, and Trump campaigned on defeating ISIS and maybe ending the wars. I didn't know whether to trust Trump or not at that point.

I think GJ made a pretty good Governor and would make a great Senator.. but the worst thing about his campaign, by far, was his VP Bill Weld.. holy shit, he ended up endorsing Clinton.. Obviously he was a deep state plant.

I was totally ok with Gary Johnson not knowing what Aleppo is, but he seemed to be sabotaging himself almost constantly throughout the campaign. If I could pick him as President, I would, I just don't see him ever winning.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:07 PM
Money authorized by the Republican Congress.
Does that mean Obama didn't sign it. uh no,
and he spent 18 billion on immigration enforcement in 2012 alone, who do you know
that has spent anything like that combating illegals, and you and your pals think 5 billion is crazy , well
even if us tax payers do wind up paying for it , its not crazy.

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:13 PM
Does that mean Obama didn't sign it. uh no,
and he spent 18 billion on immigration enforcement in 2012 alone, who do you know
that has spent anything like that combating illegals, and you and your pals think 5 billion is crazy , well
even if us tax payers do wind up paying for it , its not crazy.

https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/wp-content/uploads/safactbpbudget.png

https://www.cato.org/blog/gop-bill-spends-more-border-patrol-5-years-it-has-spent-5-decades

GOP Bill Spends More on Border Patrol in 5 Years Than It Has Spent in 5 Decades

A large group of House Republicans with support from President Trump has united behind comprehensive immigration reform legislation that would be their answer to the DACA impasse. Among other provisions, it would gut legal immigration, criminalize all unauthorized immigrants, and legalize a small percentage of the DACA population. But most pressing for Congress as it debates a long-term spending deal is its authorization of $130 billion in new spending over 5 years, tripling the current Customs and Border Protection budget and executing a six-fold increase in Border Patrol spending.

The Securing America’s Future Act (H.R. 4760) has 77 Republican cosponsors. It would authorize the construction of President Trump’s border wall (p. 254), 10,000 new Customs and Border Protection Officers and Border Patrol agents (p. 319), a biometric surveillance system at airports, seaports, and land ports of entry (p. 357), mandatory E-Verify employment verification program for all workers (p. 87), border drones and other border surveillance (p. 261), and much else. It would require spending more than $40 billion annually and more than $200 billion over five years.

More at link.

That is in addition to the $25 billion Trump wanted for his wall. (yes, he has cut that request to $5.7 billion). He said the wall would cover the entire 2000 mile border. Lately he says he wants 500 miles of fence/ wall but even that figure includes hundreds of miles of current wall getting updated. We already have 650 miles of wall/ barriers.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Gary Johnson isn't the best choice for President.. he did campaign on ending the wars, though, and Trump campaigned on defeating ISIS and maybe ending the wars. I didn't know whether to trust Trump or not at that point.

I think GJ made a pretty good Governor and would make a great Senator.. but the worst thing about his campaign, by far, was his VP Bill Weld.. holy $#@!, he ended up endorsing Clinton.. Obviously he was a deep state plant.

I was totally ok with Gary Johnson not knowing what Aleppo is, but he seemed to be sabotaging himself almost constantly throughout the campaign. If I could pick him as President, I would, I just don't see him ever winning.
ok , thanks, and I didn't mean to diss your pick, its just those glaring issues at the time.
Trump is still a bull loose in a China store, for sure, I laughed at him like everyone else based on
some ridiculous statements pre dating this last election cycle, what a clown, but when he started
stating his stance on issues, that all changed, he has disappointed me in many ways , but done
more good for us (Merca) than any other president has since Jack Kennedy imo.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:18 PM
https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/wp-content/uploads/safactbpbudget.png

https://www.cato.org/blog/gop-bill-spends-more-border-patrol-5-years-it-has-spent-5-decades

More at link.

That is in addition to the $25 billion Trump wanted for his wall.

Serenzipity, do you actually ever say anything more than 3 word sentences, you know an opinion,
and explanation, background , you don't even say what that budget graph applies to, and then
you say Republican Congress, how does that change Obama's actions , huh ?

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Serenzipity, do you actually ever say anything more than 3 word sentences, you know an opinion,
and explanation, background , you don't even say what that budget graph applies to, and then
you say Republican Congress, how does that change Obama's actions , huh ?

More info was added.

Danke
01-11-2019, 06:23 PM
He never said they were gonna pre-pay for the wall.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-11-2019, 06:23 PM
Serenzipity, do you actually ever say anything more than 3 word sentences,...

He's slick. The majority of his posts are contrary. He makes sure he posts early and often in threads. He stirs up division here, just like the Open Society Foundation (https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/)likes it.

Overall, he doesn't care. It's a paycheck. After he has exhausted and reamed everyone, he cashes his check and goes on to the next big thread.

See my very bottom sig line for more.

A Son of Liberty
01-11-2019, 06:26 PM
Dude, you need to shut the $#@! up and listen for a change instead of yappity yapping..

Those are NOT $#@!ing contradictory statements. Every Trump supporter understands this.. Only a completely insane person with TDS thinks those are contradictory statements.

Jeeeeeezus, dude...

What a fcking mess you've become...

juleswin
01-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Clinton lied same for Trump. Not a very good defense for Trump f u asked me. He can just accept that he made a mistake a move on. He thought he could get Mexico to pay for it during the campaign but now that he is president, he now sees that it would be very difficult to achieve. He could easily and quietly admit a small defeat and move on but his huge ego would not let him do it.

When Obama was caught saying people can keep their doctors, he did not deny saying it, he made an excuse why those people were better off with the new doctors or how it was a casualty of the new law and that was the end of it. Trump should learn how to be a better bullshitter like Obama if he wants to a 2nd term.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:27 PM
He's slick. The majority of his posts are contrary. He makes sure he posts early and often in threads. He stirs up division here, just like the Open Society Foundation (https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/)likes it.

Overall, he doesn't care. It's a paycheck. After he has exhausted and reamed everyone, he cashes his check and goes on to the next big thread.

Is here seriously on a Soros or ..... payroll, or just safe to assume that, I don't know him, seems like we got along
well when I was here back in 15' not positive though......and not that it makes a diff, but if he is on a
payroll for trolling here I'm done with responding to him.

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:30 PM
Is here seriously on a Soros or ..... payroll, or just safe to assume that, I don't know him, seems like we got along
well when I was here back in 15' not positive though......and not that it makes a diff, but if he is on a

He is afraid of me for some reason. Check his post history- he mostly attacks people and not based on any content of what they said. He has nothing constructive to contribute. He is best ignored.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-11-2019, 06:32 PM

Yeah, you're wasting your time. He sucks people into these imbecilic, coffee klatching, inconsequential discussions. Everyone gets exhausted. I'm sure he expends a lot of energy, but at least he gets a check.

I don't say these things unless I am 100% sure about someone. There is no question about it.

He also hates it when the spotlight is on him. Just like how roaches scatter when you turn the lights on.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ad97cc6ef28d5ed53b09a5ee394314d/tenor.gif?itemid=10241073

Origanalist
Mommy :tugsonskirt: make them stop, Trumpty promised blah blah blah, well he
also promised (de facto) that Hillary was going jail, some things just don't
work out, where were you when Obama fkd up Health Care and your rights
those things matter, really , but now, where the money comes from
is your obsession? Is this going to come right out of your pocket, are
going to see this in your tax bill ever, probably not, there's a lot of budget
items that will never come out of your pocket, MEXICO will pay,not with a check,
so what , he never even said they would pay with a cash deal of any kind.
,,,,,,,,,but
mommy Trumps a bad boy , he said........:frog:whiner ..........

Uh, where the hell were you if we're going to be asking?

dannno
Jeeeeeezus, dude...

What a fcking mess you've become...

If you want to disagree with me on this point, you are completely full of shit and/or misinformed. This has been argued over and over on here for three fucking years. It's crystal fucking clear.

The media has ALWAYS portrayed it as Trump said Mexico would voluntarily send a check to the US for the wall. He NEVER said that. That was fake news and always has been. You fell for it, just like you fall for all the fake news about Trump from the deep state media..

Trump said Mexico would pay for it - like Danke said, he never promised they would PRE-pay for it.. he never promised how they would pay for it.. just that they would pay for it. Every Trump supporter understood this perfectly well. No Trump supporter was disappointing when Trump listed various ways in which Mexico might end up paying for the wall.

It's really just a bunch of dipshit trolls and fake news media who is trying to spin this into something it isn't. Don't be them. Be better than that.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-11-2019, 06:35 PM
... he mostly attacks people and not based on any content of what they said.

LOL. Ya see, Strat? I told ya Zip is slick. The difference these days is that exposing him has resulted in him lying about people.

He has nothing constructive to contribute.

LOL. Mister Paycheck speaks!

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:36 PM
If you want to disagree with me on this point, you are completely full of $#@! and/or misinformed. This has been argued over and over on here for three $#@!ing years. It's crystal $#@!ing clear.

The media has ALWAYS portrayed it as Trump said Mexico would voluntarily send a check to the US for the wall. He NEVER said that. That was fake news and always has been. You fell for it, just like you fall for all the fake news about Trump from the deep state media..

Trump said Mexico would pay for it - like Danke said, he never promised they would PRE-pay for it.. he never promised how they would pay for it.. just that they would pay for it. Every Trump supporter understood this perfectly well. No Trump supporter was disappointing when Trump listed various ways in which Mexico might end up paying for the wall.

It's really just a bunch of dip$#@! trolls and fake news media who is trying to spin this into something it isn't.

Read the image posted earlier. He said Mexico could send him a one- time payment of $5 to $10 billion (that was on his own website- not produced by "fake news" media).

(The page has since been removed) https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall

More from the memo: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/10/trump-mexico-check-border-wall-1095019

“It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year,” the memo says, referring to “remittances from Mexican nationals working in the United States.”

The memo says that Trump would propose on his first day in office a rule aimed at barring undocumented immigrants in the U.S. from wiring money outside the country, which Mexico would “immediately protest” on Day 2.

(he never passed that rule)

“On day 3 tell Mexico that if the Mexican government will contribute the funds needed to the United States to pay for the wall, the Trump Administration will not promulgate the final rule, and the regulation will not go into effect,” the memo states.

At that point, the memo also suggests threatening “trade tariffs, or enforcement of existing trade rules” and canceling visas or increasing visa fees to compel Mexico to pay.

Trump changes his stories all the time and I understand it can sometimes be hard to keep up on his ever-changing positions on things.

dannno
01-11-2019, 06:38 PM
Clinton lied same for Trump. Not a very good defense for Trump f u asked me. He can just accept that he made a mistake a move on. He thought he could get Mexico to pay for it during the campaign but now that he is president, he now sees that it would be very difficult to achieve. He could easily and quietly admit a small defeat and move on but his huge ego would not let him do it.

When Obama was caught saying people can keep their doctors, he did not deny saying it, he made an excuse why those people were better off with the new doctors or how it was a casualty of the new law and that was the end of it. Trump should learn how to be a better bullshitter like Obama if he wants to a 2nd term.

More deep state media fake news nonsense..

Trump never said Mexico would voluntarily pay for the wall, that is what the media claimed Trump said, but that was a lie and anybody with half a brain paying attention always knew that... Trump also never said they would pre-pay for it. He said they would pay for it. Like a fucking gangster. One way or another, they will pay. Some day, at some point, they will pay.

You are just too caught up in the fake news media and thought that he actually meant Mexico would voluntarily cut us a check.. He never said that is how they would pay for it. Maybe they will, but there are plenty of other ways.

dannno
01-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Read the image posted earlier. He said Mexico could send him a one- time payment of $5 to $10 billion (that was on his own website- not produced by "fake news" media).

(The page has since been removed) https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions/pay-for-the-wall

Why can't you post like an intelligent person?

That image LITERALLY says that is ONE WAY they could compel Mexico to pay for it, and that there are several ways they can compel Mexico to pay for it.

That is precisely what I'm saying, and it contradicts everything you have said in this fucking thread.

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:45 PM

Yeah, you're wasting your time. He sucks people into these imbecilic, coffee klatching, inconsequential discussions. Everyone gets exhausted. I'm sure he expends a lot of energy, but at least he gets a check.

I don't say these things unless I am 100% sure about someone. There is no question about it.

He also hates it when the spotlight is on him. Just like how roaches scatter when you turn the lights on.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4ad97cc6ef28d5ed53b09a5ee394314d/tenor.gif?itemid=10241073

See what I mean about his "informative" posts?

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:47 PM

That image LITERALLY says that is ONE WAY they could compel Mexico to pay for it, and that there are several ways they can compel Mexico to pay for it.

That is precisely what I'm saying, and it contradicts everything you have said in this $#@!ing thread.

At least you recognize that he did say it. So it is not "fake news"

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Uh, where the hell were you if we're going to be asking?
Hell yea, ask, but what do you mean when/where?

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:52 PM
At least you recognize that he did say it. So it is not "fake news"
serenzippity , Let me ask you this one last question;
Who did you vote for and why, what policies attracted you to them?

Zippyjuan
01-11-2019, 06:53 PM
serenzippity , Let me ask you this one last question;
Who did you vote for and why, what policies attracted you to them?

I voted Gary Johnson in the last presidential election. Trump and Clinton were both terrible candidates (as we are seeing).

Origanalist
01-11-2019, 06:59 PM
Hell yea, ask, but what do you mean when/where?

Well, read the post I was responding to.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 06:59 PM
I voted Gary Johnson in the last presidential election. Trump and Clinton were both terrible candidates (as we are seeing).

What of Gary's policies most attracted you to his platform?

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 07:00 PM
Well, read the post I was responding to.
I'm not smart enough for cat n' mouse and interpretation, just ask if you would be so kind.

Origanalist
01-11-2019, 07:07 PM
I'm not smart enough for cat n' mouse and interpretation, just ask if you would be so kind.

Dude, if you can't read your own post I don't know what to tell you.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 07:12 PM
Dude, if you can't read your own post I don't know what to tell you.
fRIEND, don't get cryptic and tedious on me , when you have a question , don't be slik
just ask the question clearly.
Yea I went back ya' cuck, and prolly get' your little game question , Obama and his mandated health
care coverage scheme; I was fkg livid, that racist prick should go make Africa great again, he
sure as hell hates America , our culture and our constitution.

Origanalist
01-11-2019, 07:31 PM
fRIEND, don't get cryptic and tedious on me , when you have a question , don't be slik
just ask the question clearly.
Yea I went back ya' cuck, and prolly get' your little game question , Obama and his mandated health
care coverage scheme; I was fkg livid, that racist prick should go make Africa great again, he
sure as hell hates America , our culture and our constitution.

Go fuck yourself, if you want to talk trash to me do it to my face.

Swordsmyth
01-11-2019, 07:36 PM

That is precisely what I'm saying, and it contradicts everything you have said in this $#@!ing thread.
Zip undermines himself a lot.

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Go $#@! yourself, if you want to talk trash to me do it to my face.
Get off my lawn youngster..........you started with your slick little cryptic bsht, don't be cool dude
be succinct.

:frog:

Stratovarious
01-11-2019, 07:46 PM
Go $#@! yourself, if you want to talk trash to me do it to my face.
You're not after content , your after personalities , ok slick.

RestorationOfLiberty
01-11-2019, 09:39 PM
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2019/jan/10/donald-trump/trump-claims-he-never-meant-mexico-would-write-che/

No, NAFTA/ USMCA will pay for it.
No, taking money from people sending money to family in Mexico will pay for it.
No, we have the money and are already building the wall.
No, the Shutdown Money will pay for it. (whatever that means).
No, Congress needs to give me my money right now! (even if all these other people are supposedly going to pay for it instead)

Zip, you are the rest of the useful idiots of the left can make all the troll threads and make all the "but muh Mexico" bits all you want....WE, DO NOT, CARE. The wall wis going to pay for itself, never mind taxing trade/money sent overseas, the fact that you are blind to the reality of race, culture, and their impact on voting trends just proves you do not care about reality or Liberty and that which is needed to protect their continuation.

RestorationOfLiberty
01-11-2019, 09:44 PM

wow, Mr Open Borders votes for an open border nut....Shocking.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-12-2019, 11:59 AM
See what I mean about his "informative" posts?

Yes, I informed Stratovarious about your game playing because he was unaware of your role here. I even sent him a PM. He then decided not to interact with you based on that. Is that a problem?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
01-12-2019, 12:02 PM

But you also voted Obama 2x, Dianne Feinstein, and Barbara Boxer. I am assuming you voted for Kerry and Gore. Am I right?