PDA

View Full Version : Most IRS operations stop because of shutdown

dude58677
01-01-2019, 01:39 PM
https://www.journalofaccountancy.com/news/2018/dec/irs-operations-government-shutdown-201820331.html

Keep it shutdown!

phill4paul
01-01-2019, 01:43 PM
If you paid in it just means your refund will be delayed. You'll see people up in arms over that. Will it hurt Trump or will it hurt Democrats? Keep calm and enjoy the ride!

dude58677
01-01-2019, 02:02 PM
If you paid in it just means your refund will be delayed. You'll see people up in arms over that. Will it hurt Trump or will it hurt Democrats? Keep calm and enjoy the ride!

Four things:

1) That lost money will be made up for when you aren’t paying for the longhaul.

2) If you have the mindset of Irwin Schiff then it is a really good thing.

3) IRS agents will quit and won’t be able to be rehired because of the hiring freeze.

4) People will see that their lives are better off without government!

Keep it shutdown, Go Trump! MAGA!

jkr
01-01-2019, 02:07 PM
winning

at least we can PROVE thier "job" is obsolete

ill have a coke!
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LwkIy0SJzqQ/hqdefault.jpg

phill4paul
01-01-2019, 02:10 PM
Four things:

1) That lost money will be made up for when you aren’t paying for the longhaul.

2) If you have the mindset of Irwin Schiff then it is a really good thing.

3) IRS agents will quit and won’t be able to be rehired because of the hiring freeze.

4) People will see that their lives are better off without government!

Keep it shutdown, Go Trump! MAGA!

Oh, I'm not complaining. I was just pointing out how this was getting ready to become a progressive meme. "Oh noes I want my refund and I need it now!" ala JG Wentworth.

Slave Mentality
01-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Oh, I'm not complaining. I was just pointing out how this was getting ready to become a progressive meme. "Oh noes I want my refund and I need it now!" ala JG Wentworth.

Muh survusis

Swordsmyth
01-01-2019, 03:00 PM
:D

pcosmar
01-01-2019, 04:44 PM

I think 2006 was the last year I paid any . I don't expect it will affect me much.

A Son of Liberty
01-01-2019, 06:04 PM
Wake me up when they stop taking it out of my paycheck. Until then as far as I'm concerned the IRS remains open for business.

oyarde
01-01-2019, 06:17 PM
I think 2006 was the last year I paid any . I don't expect it will affect me much.

I am in my third year of retirement I think now so , ya , they can keep the nothing I pd in this past yr .

enhanced_deficit
01-01-2019, 06:38 PM
I'm all for cutting spending and national debt but at the same time such shutdown could be hindering some future Tea party (neocon-wing) talent working on 'know thy enemy' projects.

Tea Party darling Michele Bachmann on why she worked for IRS:
“First rule of war is `know your enemy’”
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/Bachmann_at_Tea_Party_rally.jpg/220px-Bachmann_at_Tea_Party_rally.jpg

Swordsmyth
01-01-2019, 06:40 PM
I'm all for cutting spending and national debt but at the same time such shutdown could be hindering some future Tea party (neocon-wing) talent working on 'know thy enemy' projects.
Who cares?

oyarde
01-01-2019, 06:45 PM
I would be OK though if they send me a check next week just for the first quarter million I pd into social security and medicare .