PDA

View Full Version : The Border - A Constitutional/Economic Solution

PAF
12-31-2018, 11:15 AM
https://westernrifleshooters.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/constitution-free-zones.jpg

Golf courses, farms, communities, parks, businesses... the Wall is not a solution or just an inconvenience, it leads to bankruptcies, devestated communities and the potential to add even more people to the Welfare system. It requires Eminent Domain, taking land from rightful property and business owners and Fed control of public land. Remember BLM/Bundy.

As many of you know, TSA announced a Domestic blueprint across all 50 states. This will also require Eminent Domain. Of course I reject TSA, but I feel the Wall is merely a gauge to see how many Americans will accept the buy-in.

Government only knows how to take and tax. Government solutions have never solved anything. I will not be responsible for supporting a costly Wall that will affect farms and businesses, cities going belly up, or other Rights, “private property” being just one of them.

What is an economical, Constitutional solution? Here is one:

BluesStringer:

remove the fence that bifurcates private property, business and even towns, and leave the Rio Grande as the natural barrier it' always been. A small easement between the private property and the Northern shores of the river for CBP to patrol would certainly be acceptable to more, if not all, of the property owners currently adversely affected by the "no man's land"

Or just leave the whole perimeter of the United States as a Constitution-Free zone for 100 miles inland from the border. Think that's a better "solution?"

Please watch this video to gain some insight, and think to yourselves if you would be ok with Walls in your community. Sacrificing liberty for a false sense of security always, always leads to tyranny.

https://youtu.be/Nr6wiT3ElVo

Superfluous Man
12-31-2018, 12:08 PM
"Solution" implies that there's a problem that needs to be solved. Is there? I know we keep getting told there is by fear mongers who want us to give them more power so they can solve the problem they keep telling us we should be scared of. And there are those who parrot their propaganda. But outside of that, I haven't experienced the problems that they supposedly want to solve.

PAF
12-31-2018, 12:14 PM
"Solution" implies that there's a problem that needs to be solved. Is there? I know we keep getting told there is by fear mongers who want us to give them more power so they can solve the problem they keep telling us we should be scared of. And there are those who parrot their propaganda. But outside of that, I haven't experienced the problems that they supposedly want to solve.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Superfluous Man again.

Same here.

I’m just trying to somewhat circumvent this non-wavering desire to build a prison complex.

Swordsmyth
12-31-2018, 03:18 PM
There most certainly is a problem and you do experience it, government is larger and more oppressive in many states and at the federal level than it would have been otherwise because of illegal immigration.

Swordsmyth
12-31-2018, 03:20 PM
I have always said that I want increased patrols by an expanded Border Patrol or the military instead of the wall.

PAF
12-31-2018, 03:53 PM
There most certainly is a problem and you do experience it, government is larger and more oppressive in many states and at the federal level than it would have been otherwise because of illegal immigration.

Immigration did not cause anything. What we are experiencing is a direct result OF government. But now knowing the effects of a Wall, how it disrupts/bankrupts businesses, quashes right to private contract, devastating communities putting more people out of work, eminent domain which violates property rights...

I have always said that I want increased patrols by an expanded Border Patrol or the military instead of the wall.

I am glad that you do not support that Berlin wall.

Swordsmyth
12-31-2018, 03:55 PM
Immigration did not cause anything. What we are experiencing is a direct result OF government.
And immigrants tipped the political balance in favor of big government.

But now knowing the effects of a Wall, how it disrupts/bankrupts businesses, quashes right to private contract, devastating communities putting more people out of work, eminent domain which violates property rights...

I am glad that you do not support that Berlin wall.
I never did.

fedupinmo
12-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Immigration did not cause anything. What we are experiencing is a direct result OF government. But now knowing the effects of a Wall, how it disrupts/bankrupts businesses, quashes right to private contract, devastating communities putting more people out of work, eminent domain which violates property rights...
Legal immigration or illegal immigration? They're not the same thing and don't have the same effects.
As far as constitutional goes, Article IV, Section 4.