PDA

View Full Version : Advertising..

foned
12-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I was wondering why no one seems to have taken full advantage of Ron Pauls popularity online. I think a good idea could be to setup a page full of pay per click, or view, or whatever just different advertisements, and tell RP supporters to click these ads. After submitting the page to different social sites this could possibly earn a big amount of revenue.

any thoughts?

foned
12-14-2007, 12:53 PM
:confused:

debbie53
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
If you are talking about something like Google AdSense, it sounds like a good idea at first, but could ultimately do more harm than good. The ads displayed are selected based on keywords used in your site, so a page covering Ron Paul's campaign would tend to serve up a lot of ads in support of other political candidates. They say you can filter out the competition, but in practice, I have found that to be next to impossible. If you block all of the domains you see whose ads you don't want, they will just create new ones. Having to continually monitor this would take a lot of time and energy that could be put to better use elsewhere.

Zarxrax
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
Because if you tell people to click your ads, you won't get paid a dime. It's a violation of the advertisers terms of service.