PDA

View Full Version : TEA PARTY Nationwide Phone Bank Event Saturday Dec. 15th!!!

The_Producer
12-13-2007, 11:05 AM
My name is Austin Petersen, and I am an assistant organizer for the Ron Paul NYC Meetup Group. As you may have heard, the libertarians have opened up their phone bank system for us to use and I am coordinating a nationwide home based phone bank. Here is the release I have sent out for the phone bank project to call New Hampshire. If you could forward this to everyone and anyone you know I would really appreciate it. The goal is to get 1000 callers from 1 to 5PM EST this Saturday. Alot of people have claimed that the campaign does not want us to do this. That is NOT true. Please help if you can by passing this on! The need to make these calls is crucial to the outcome of the race.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Hello everyone,

Austin Petersen here! I need all of you and everyone you know across the USA to volunteer to help with the HUGE HOME BASED PHONE DRIVE!!!

The greatest part about this event is that you can do it from home, you donít have to go anywhere. All youíll need is a phone and a computer with an internet connection!

The Libertarian Party has opened up their phone banking website for us to use at

www.ballotbase.org
If you would like to participate please go to ballotbase.org and register on their website. Once you have finished, you will receive a confirmation email. Then youíll have a username and login. Then on Saturday you just log in, pick up your phone, and call the phone numbers. In the website is a very simple tutorial on how to use the system, thereís an interface that allows you to record the status of the call. Itís very important to get as many people as we can all over the USA or even the world to call New Hampshire that day. The phone bank will start at 1PM EST and will end at 5PM.

If you prefer you may come to Headquarters that day. Bring a laptop, and phone and we will provide the internet connection.

Again, to participate:

1. Register at ballotbase.org

2. Familiarize yourself with the website and use the easy tutorials they provide. Password for system is LIBERTY

3. On Saturday at 1PM EST log in to the website and start making calls. The script will be there directly underneath.

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks and have a great day!

Austin Petersen
austinpetersen.com

sirachman
12-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Do this people, or use the hillary clinton system. They have a phone system for your local area, just tell people about ron paul instead of her and you will be targeting democrat voters.

kevinblack
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Does anybody here have any feedback on this?

What type of registration is required? How are they keeping "fake" supporters from making a mess of things? What kind of oversight monitoring is there?

If this is on the up and up we need to make a big push here...

Dave Wood
12-13-2007, 11:44 AM
There are just as many donors who refuse to list their name on that site, that will be sending in $ on the 16th.

I would bet his individual donor numbers will approach 100k

smartguy911
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
its seems anybody can register at the site and use the system. Seriously, how does the system prevent abuse?

RobS
12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
It doesn't have to... anybody could buy a phone book and call people in New Hampshire anyways. This is a GREAT tool, we need to use it and do some phone bombs. Imagine all the grassroots people using one organized list, 20-30 thousand people could get every voter in New Hampshire within like 2 hours, it is ridiculously awesome.

The_Producer
12-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Dont worry about Security. The libertarians have implemented a VERY secure screening process! The best part is everyone will be able to see everyone else's work! It will be completely open and very easy to use. I hope you will all forward this and participate. The LP has taken a huge risk allowing us to access this website so please don't fail them or me or Ron Paul in this crucial phone bank drive! Any questions you may email me directly at

austinwpetersen@gmail.com

What: HUGE HOME BASED PHONE BANK DRIVE!!!

When: Saturday, December 15, 1:00 PM

Where: Click the link below to find out!

Event Description: Hello everyone,

Austin Petersen here! I need all of you and everyone you know across the USA to volunteer to help with the HUGE HOME BASED PHONE DRIVE!!!

The greatest part about this event is that you can do it from home, you don't have to go anywhere. All you'll need is a cell phone with free minutes and a computer with an internet connection!

The Libertarian Party has opened up their phone banking website for us to use at

http://www.ballotbase.org

If you would like to participate please go to ballotbase.org and register on their website. Once you have finished, you will receive a confirmation email. Then you'll have a username and login. Then on Saturday you just log in, pick up your phone, and call the phone numbers. In the website is a very simple tutorial on how to use the system, there's a simple interface that allows you to record the status of the call. It's very important to get as many people as we can all over the USA or even the world to call New Hampshire that day.

If you prefer you may come to NY Headquarters that day. Bring a laptop, and phone and we will provide the internet connection.

Again, to participate:

1. Register at ballotbase.org

2. Familiarize yourself with the website and use the easy tutorials they provide

3. On Saturday at 1PM EST log in to the website and start making calls. The script will be there directly underneath.

If you have any questions please ask. Thanks and have a great day!

Austin Petersen
austinpetersen.com

Learn more here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/50/calendar/6897367/

noiseordinance
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm VERY interested in this. This is an EXCELLENT way for people out of state to reach the critical states. Here in Oregon, I feel completely helpless with the exception of being able to donate on the 16th and keeping my fingers crossed. Do you guys think we can get some momentum on this??

The_Producer
12-13-2007, 06:20 PM
I've been talking to the Libertarians in Washington D.C. and they are REALLY pulling for this call drive! If it's succesful then we can possibly do EVERY state!!! Please register and forward to all organizers and volunteers!!!!

-Austin Petersen.com

noiseordinance
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm going to spread this to my meetup group. Is anyone with me?

noiseordinance
12-13-2007, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have any input on this proposed method of spreading the word? I'm all for helping out by getting together with some smooth-talking paul supporting friends of mine and also messaging my meetup group, but I wanted to make sure this is a wise idea.

Does anyone have anything negative to say about making cold calls for Ron Paul this Saturday?

dawnbt
12-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Does it have to be a home phone? I signed up and looked around and couldn't find additional information. Do I dial using my phone? If so, does my number show up on the caller ID? I saw the screen with the script, but not sure how it works.

dawnbt
12-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Bumping to receive instant email notification...

kotetu
12-14-2007, 03:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Szo-oGFjg

shortna
12-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Instructions: http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Nr9CpdTgw

Storm3
12-15-2007, 10:41 AM
Go for it!

(I am)