PDA

View Full Version : Which OTHER states are we going to miss the local caucuses boat on?!?

fgd
12-13-2007, 10:56 AM
We were caught with our pants down in Wyoming!

Go through the list of caucus states on ronpaul2008.com and MAKE SURE that the LOCAL caucus dates are updated and correct! If there are no local caucus dates, call the local GOP reps and ask!

Which states have caucuses that RP supporters need to show up at and vote? What are all the dates?

Once you have it, email the RP2008 website maintainers and get those caucus dates updated!

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO DROP THE BALL AGAIN!

When you finish verifying a state, post it here.

Sandra
12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't count on ANY support from your state or local GOP reps. They are effectively working to keep RP OFF the ballots. When I call to get a list of candidates the first question they ask is "for what campaign am I calling?" Then "they will get back too me", they don't call back.

Ilhaguru
12-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Don't count on ANY support from your state or local GOP reps. They are effectively working to keep RP OFF the ballots. When I call to get a list of candidates the first question they ask is "for what campaign am I calling?" Then "they will get back too me", they don't call back.

Just say Giuliani or something. . .

jenninlouisiana
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Louisiana is fine.

austin356
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM

Don't take your local experiences (most corrupt state in the union) and apply them to the nation as a whole. As a whole the local and even state GOPs have treated us fairly well, many times better than the media or national party.

hueylong
12-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Sandra is right. And the gratuitous dig on corruption is irrelevant. RP is not the choice of the party infrastructure anywhere. We're working against the grain trying to get on ballots.

That said -- there is no "pants down" on Wyoming. That's just the way their process works and there is really no way to influence it. We need to chill, and learn something about the political process before flying off the handle all the time.

Huey

Mental Dribble
12-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Well, in Washington DC I know the Republican HQ has petitions for all candidates on the Rep side . Its so hard to get signatures there that they encourage everyone to sign everyones.

They spin it with... the more names on the ballot, the less votes you need to win! (good spin, haha)

Minuteman
12-13-2007, 02:21 PM
Dont you have until Dec. 20th in Wyoming? Or did they fill all the open slots already?

Minuteman
12-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Mental, this isnt about getting Ron on the ballot. Its about getting delegates to the national convention that can vote for him.

dvictr
12-13-2007, 04:50 PM
whats the deal with wyoming? explain

fgd
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Wyoming has already held some their local caucuses, and the official campaign, every meetup group, every forum, everyone - completely missed the boat! And the state auditor is a Romney supporter!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52881

So the RP08 campaign panics and posts this: "Whoops! Your caucus might be today! Ha ha!"

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/states/wyoming/

Let Wyoming be a lesson to us RP supporters when we don't get people to caucuses.