PDA

View Full Version : Media restarts 2019 impeachment rumors

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2018, 02:12 PM
A potential Trump impeachment is a 'huge risk' for 2019, expert says (http://https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/26/trump-may-face-impeachment-by-house-democrats-expert-says.html)

Investors and businesses are bracing for 2019 risks such as interest rate hikes from the Federal Reserve and an escalation in U.S.-China trade tensions.
But the impeachment of Trump has rarely been discussed as a market factor, partly because it still isn't clear whether Democrats would opt to go down that route when they take control of the House in 2019.
Whether or not the impeachment process gets underway, it's likely to feature highly in U.S. political discussions and cripple Washington's ability to get things done, said Steve Okun, senior advisor at McLarty Associates. Yen Nee Lee | @YenNee_Lee

Published 16 Hours Ago Updated 15 Hours Ago

Investors and businesses may have overlooked one big risk that could come out of Washington next year: The possible impeachment of U.S. President Donald Trump.

There could be a massive revolt on the streets if this indeed did happen.

MAGA also just gave Freedom Medla to Senator Hatch who had cast deciding vote against Clinton impeachment.

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2018, 02:24 PM
https://www.sltrib.com/resizer/YdwW8fKbSQnG1AURba0Sr4IWdt0=/0x600/smart/filters:quality(86)/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-sltrib.s3.amazonaws.com/public/GN3YHI4RRVDFXAEODCT3OHZXKM.jpg
GOP Senator who voted against Clinton impeachment gets Freedom Medal from Trump

angelatc
12-26-2018, 03:22 PM
There could be a massive revolt on the streets if this indeed did happen.

MAGA also just gave Freedom Medla to Senator Hatch who had cast deciding vote against Clinton impeachment.

Clinton was impeached.

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Clinton was impeached.

By House yes, but Senate voted against it narrowly (Trump Freedom Medal winner Hatch's vote was the deciding vote against Clinton's impeachment). He was able to stay in office as a result.

Anti Globalist
12-26-2018, 07:46 PM
If Trump got impeached, nobody would do a damn thing about it.

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2018, 07:55 PM
If Trump got impeached, nobody would do a damn thing about it.

Are you sure his base won't hit the streets, revolt en masse and bring DC to a standstill.

While it may be true that some Conservatives have started to turn against him/calling him things like "fraud" , "joke" etc , I had heard that he's still able to draw some of the largest crowds ever when he goes to political gatherings.

angelatc
12-26-2018, 08:04 PM
By House yes, but Senate voted against it narrowly (Trump Freedom Medal winner Hatch's vote was the deciding vote against Clinton's impeachment). He was able to stay in office as a result.

They meant to say he wasn't convicted, I think.

enhanced_deficit
12-26-2018, 08:07 PM
They meant to say he wasn't convicted, I think.

Yea, that sounds like more accurate description.

Anti Globalist
12-26-2018, 08:12 PM
Are you sure his base won't hit the streets, revolt en masse and bring DC to a standstill.

While it may be true that some Conservatives have started to turn against him/calling him things like "fraud" , "joke" etc , I had heard that he's still able to draw some of the largest crowds ever when he goes to political gatherings.
When you've been a giant cult of personality for 30+ years of course he's gonna be able to draw huge crowds. If his base actually did rebel, I'd like them to do it in the name of liberty and freedom but I don't see that happening as I'm unaware of how many of them actually understand those two things.