PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice and possibly help.

NoMoreNicksLeft
12-13-2007, 10:44 AM
First, though I've not maxed out my contributions (I simply can't afford to), it occurred to me that my hometown paper ( http://www.thebrookvillenews.com/free/democrat/front/ ) might be reasonable for a guy like myself to put up an ad in.

I've not yet received a reply, but I remember that 15 years ago or so, it probably had a circulation of 3000-6000. I'll update with that, since if it is much lower, it might not be worth it.

They're telling me $1260 for a fullpage ad, and $630 for a half-page. Black and white. This is a little steep for me (I was hoping for something like $400ish).

Would anyone be willing to chip in, to buy a full or half-page ad? Is it worth going this route? What sort of paperwork would be required? I seem to remember seeing that the blimp thing gets away without any, if you donate $249 or less... if I found 3 or 4 other people willing to donate that, does it simplify things?

Is this worth it? Is it only worth it if the circulation is high, rather than low? This would target an older demographic... people aged 45 and up. I'm not even sure how to compose an ad that would appeal to them.

All suggestions welcome.

MalcolmGandi
12-14-2007, 04:09 AM
it might be better to put an ad in an Iowa paper... maybe you could run a small ad for a week.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
12-14-2007, 04:49 AM
That is a ridiculous cost for that amount of circulation. I would not pay 50 cents for every person to look at a page for maybe 3 seconds. Realistically that is what most people will do.

I have always gotten much better rates but it is difficult when they don't know you and you don't plan on keep advertising.

Do you have an ad or can you get one made that looks good? Most people do that with Adobe Illustrator.

If you are really in love with the idea of advertising tell them that you want a much better price and they can call you if they have a spot that is not sold and you will take it. Of course you must have an ad ready to go.

I think you could do better with some other form of advertising.