PDA

View Full Version : FDA to consider new cannabis policy

Swordsmyth
12-22-2018, 12:44 AM
The Food and Drug Administration said on Thursday it will consider creating new policy regarding the marketing and sale of cannabis after President Donald Trump signed the Farm Bill, which legalized commercial production of hemp in the United States.The FDA said in a statement that it hopes to make more efficient "pathways" for companies to introduce and market cannabis and cannabis-derived products, including cannabidiol (CBD) into interstate commerce.
"We recognize the potential opportunities that cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds could offer and acknowledge the significant interest in these possibilities," FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said in the statement, adding that the agency will hold a public meeting to gather input.

More at: https://news.yahoo.com/u-farm-bill-opens-door-hemp-fda-consider-030529701--spt.html

Origanalist
12-22-2018, 12:53 AM
About damn time.

euphemia
12-22-2018, 06:52 AM
The only good policy is to repeal restriction and let people grow what they need. I have no confidence in government not to corrupt the plant or tax and regulate it to death.

Origanalist
12-22-2018, 08:32 AM
The only good policy is to repeal restriction and let people grow what they need. I have no confidence in government not to corrupt the plant or tax and regulate it to death.

You mean like alcohol?

jkr
12-22-2018, 09:04 AM
HOW DARRING
HOW CONTROVERSIAL
HOW PROGRESSIVE

...thanks RAND!

jkr
12-22-2018, 09:05 AM
so is SOUTHKOREA

WHAT ELSE U GOT?

pcosmar
12-22-2018, 10:55 AM

I agree that government interference and regulation is still a problem,,, Observations of 2 states,, encourages me.
The Market can sort it out despite government interference.

Once legalized and traded interstate,, it will be a Boom Town Industry.

acptulsa
12-22-2018, 01:46 PM
I agree that government interference and regulation is still a problem,,, Observations of 2 states,, encourages me.
The Market can sort it out despite government interference.

Once legalized and traded interstate,, it will be a Boom Town Industry.

Well, nobody's going to miss the paranoia and having people locked up for nothing.

But there are aspects to the black market that will be missed.

pcosmar
12-22-2018, 04:23 PM
Well, nobody's going to miss the paranoia and having people locked up for nothing.

But there are aspects to the black market that will be missed.

The Cocaine Cowboys (CIA) took all the fun out of it. It was nice business.

presence
12-22-2018, 05:09 PM
About damn time.

ha!

look forward to cellophane tamper proof packages, warning labels, corporate licensing, approved vendors, and sin tax stamps

Origanalist
12-22-2018, 05:57 PM
ha!

look forward to cellophane tamper proof packages, warning labels, corporate licensing, approved vendors, and sin tax stamps

All true, just like alcohol. Still a improvement, and the likelihood of prison time for a smallish grow operation as cannabis becomes increasingly less 'criminal' will be reduced quite a bit eventually. Forward.

Occam's Banana
12-22-2018, 06:25 PM
The Food and Drug Administration said on Thursday it will consider creating new policy regarding the marketing and sale of cannabis [...] The FDA said in a statement that it hopes to make more efficient "pathways" for companies to introduce and market cannabis and cannabis-derived products, including cannabidiol (CBD) into interstate commerce.

Oh, yeah? Well, here's an idea - how about you just GET the hell out of the way and then STAY the hell out of the way? Hmmmm?

Ain't nobody need the FDA's help to "introduce and market" pot ... ("efficient 'pathways'", my ass ...) :rolleyes:

"We recognize the potential opportunities that cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds could offer and acknowledge the significant interest in these possibilities and we fully intend to sink our blood-sucking parasite mandibles into the market as deep as we can get them, for our sake and the sake of our corporate cronies," FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb said [...]

Fixed it for him.

devil21
12-22-2018, 11:50 PM
Cannabis companies (most with Illuminati symbols in their corporate logos) have been partnering with alcohol and pharma companies for a while now.

tommyrp12
12-29-2018, 05:29 PM
FDA Casts Shadow on Hemp Win, Calling CBD Products Illegal
The hemp industry still has work ahead to win legal status for hemp-derived CBD oil as an ingredient in food or dietary supplements. (https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/fda-cbd-products-illegal/)

Subscribe
December 24, 2018
The Detroit News
The hemp industry still has work ahead to win legal status for hemp-derived cannabidiol, or CBD oil, as an ingredient in food or dietary supplements despite the big farm bill President Donald Trump signed this week designating hemp as an agricultural crop.
CBD oils have become increasingly popular in lotions, tinctures and foods, but their legal status has been murky and the Food and Drug Administration has sent warning letters to some companies making health claims for CBD.
In a statement following Thursday’s bill signing in Washington, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb restated his agency’s stance that CBD is a drug ingredient and therefore illegal to add to food or health products without approval from his agency.
Read more https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2018/12/21/legal-hemp-fda/38781707/

Schifference
12-29-2018, 05:42 PM
Anything short of letting people grow their own pot will be bad for the consumer.

One day it is the gateway drug.

Next day it is governments Tax Heaven.

Champ
12-29-2018, 07:26 PM
Can we do the right thing for once and just dissolve the FDA? No more tinkering with this or that, just end it.

Most of the food we are consuming in this country is virtually hormone/pesticide/herbicide loaded and obesity inducing poison and it's all FDA approved. How is anyone still taking this agency seriously.

tod evans
12-29-2018, 07:53 PM
Oh, yeah? Well, here's an idea - how about you just GET the hell out of the way and then STAY the hell out of the way? Hmmmm?

Ain't nobody need the FDA's help to "introduce and market" pot ... ("efficient 'pathways'", my ass ...) :rolleyes:

Fixed it for him.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Occam's Banana again.

euphemia
12-29-2018, 08:19 PM
You mean like alcohol?

What do you think? We fought a war over taxes.

Origanalist
12-29-2018, 09:08 PM
What do you think? We fought a war over taxes.

No, neither of us fought a war over taxes. And considering the makeup of today's America I don't see it happening again. I will just have to continue my conscientious objector status in the mean time.