PDA

View Full Version : *** Official Pray for Ron Paul Thread ***

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:28 AM
Hello and welcome all fellow patriots!

I know many of us have joined together to support Dr. Paul because we believe his cause is right. I know that we may not all have the same beliefs, but I am not ashamed to say that I am a Christian and I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. As a Christian, I believe in the power of prayer and the Bible mentions the importance of prayer in our lives. Here are a few verses that talk about prayer...

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

I think it is essential for Christians to pray for this man if we truly want him to be our leader. Dr. Paul has stated that he is a Christian and I think he has shown he has Christian values. So I felt lead to create this thread to pray for Ron Paul and his campaign.

Please post your prayers here and as often as you can, come back and read the prayers of others and pray earnestly for Ron Paul.

I would like to see fellow Christians unite and agree together right here to pray for Ron Paul.

Thanks and God bless you!

***Please Note***
If you don't believe in this, or wish to discuss beliefs about prayer, please do it in another thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52925), for that is not the purpose of this thread.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Dear Lord,

Thank you Lord so much for Ron Paul and his willingness to stand up for us, your people. I pray that you will shield him and protect him from harm. If it be your will Lord, I ask that you help him make the best decisions as he travels the path to become our leader. Give him and his staff wisdom and encourage them as they face strong adversity. I pray for his wife that you would give her courage and strength to help Dr. Paul. I pray for his family, that you would protect them and bless their lives. Give Ron Paul wisdom and strength and help him to be the man you have called him to be.

Lucid American
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Lord,

Your greatest gift to us apart from life itself is that of free will. Thank you for bringing us Ron Paul, this candidate who promotes these two greatest gifts above all things.

Please continue to galvanize his fidelity to truth, and allow us to share in his determination. I ask also that others may awaken to his understanding of the importance of liberty -- true liberty -- and thus awaken into the unity that necessarily follows.

Please protect him from those who seek to harm him in words or body, and bless his family as they support him in his calling.

In your infinite name I pray.

Amen.

InRonWeTrust
12-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Get out and do something. Raise some money. Plant some signs. Caucus. It will be more helpful than "prayer."

pcosmar
12-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Are Two threads enough? Or are you going to keep posting more of what has already been said in many threads before?
Many here already pray and have been for quite some time.
Others here don't and are offended by religiosity.

roversaurus
12-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Notice the join date of the poster who criticized the prayer thread?

Do you think there are people from the opposition candidates who
are concerned about Ron Paul?
Do you think some of them might join a discussion board and post
comments that insult Ron Paul supporters whom they think might
be dissuaded from supporting RP?

My prayers are with Dr Paul and our whole country.
The fact that Dr Paul can get so much support from such diverse groups
seems miraculous to me. I never expected to see it in this country

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:39 AM
Get out and do something. Raise some money. Plant some signs. Caucus. It will be more helpful than "prayer."
Please go here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52925) to discuss your thoughts on prayer. This thread is for actual prayer only. Thank you.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Notice the join date of the poster who criticized the prayer thread?

Do you think there are people from the opposition candidates who
are concerned about Ron Paul?
Do you think some of them might join a discussion board and post
comments that insult Ron Paul supporters whom they think might
be dissuaded from supporting RP?

My prayers are with Dr Paul and our whole country.
The fact that Dr Paul can get so much support from such diverse groups
seems miraculous to me. I never expected to see it in this country

Please go here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52925) to discuss your thoughts on prayer. This thread is for actual prayer only. Thank you.

yongrel
How does this belong in Grassroots Central?

tallt66
Are Two threads enough? Or are you going to keep posting more of what has already been said in many threads before?
Many here already pray and have been for quite some time.
Others here don't and are offended by religiosity.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:41 AM
How does this belong in Grassroots Central?

yongrel
12-13-2007, 10:43 AM

If I object to a thread, I will not post in another thread about my objections to this thread.

Seriously, this does not belong in grassroots. I'm sure there's a "Pray for Paul" section somewhere on this forum, but that place is not Grassroots.

Mark
12-13-2007, 10:47 AM
If you care to, please check out http://PaulPrayer.com (http://paulprayer.com/).

It's a very simple site for prayer and "positive thought"events as The Spirit leads.

Next one is an all day event on Dec 31st.

I've got a forum, but it's starting to get spammed so, I removed the link for now.

My host has been really bad in terms of constant MySql errors on the forum
plus another forum I have for multimedia projects, so,
I'm going to call them about closing the account and moving it to a more reliable host.

Mark
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
If I object to a thread, I will not post in another thread about my objections to this thread.

Seriously, this does not belong in grassroots. I'm sure there's a "Pray for Paul" section somewhere on this forum, but that place is not Grassroots.

Why? Would you like people to hijack your threads and post off_topic? I don't think you would.

Don't hate, appreciate.

pcosmar
12-13-2007, 10:49 AM
Mathew 6;1-8

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 ¶And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:51 AM

I believe, as do others, that prayer IS a collective grassroots effort to get Ron Paul elected, therefore it belongs here. I did a search an could find no such thread for Ron Paul. If you disagree with prayer for Ron Paul, that is fine, and I even made a place to discuss it here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52925), but please don't disrespect those who wish to use this thread to pray. Just ignore it. Thank you.

archemeedees
12-13-2007, 10:54 AM
I have prayed for him since the beginning. I (personally) do not wish to post my prayers, but I pray for him and the cause of freedom all of the time.

There's a really good phrase that I think every praying person here on the forums would agree with:

"Pray like it's all up to the Lord. Work like it's all up to you."

Even if our prayers for him to be President cannot be answered, I believe that God will magnify Ron Paul and his message. I believe that he already has, and that much good will come of Ron Paul's candidacy and speaking. But I also believe that Ron Paul has a significant chance, because I believe that there is a Supreme Power--I believe that that Supreme Power loves us, and I believe that the good people here on this forum and all over are willing to do our part to make it happen. Ron Paul is a wonderful, wonderful man.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Mathew 6;1-8

tallt66
12-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I have prayed for him since the beginning. I (personally) do not wish to post my prayers, but I pray for him and the cause of freedom all of the time.

There's a really good phrase that I think every praying person here on the forums would agree with:

"Pray like it's all up to the Lord. Work like it's all up to you."

Even if our prayers for him to be President cannot be answered, I believe that God will magnify Ron Paul and his message. I believe that he already has, and that much good will come of Ron Paul's candidacy and speaking. But I also believe that Ron Paul has a significant chance, because I believe that there is a Supreme Power--I believe that that Supreme Power loves us, and I believe that the good people here on this forum and all over are willing to do our part to make it happen. Ron Paul is a wonderful, wonderful man.

pcosmar
12-13-2007, 11:09 AM
1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 ¶And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Jesus Mathew 6: 1-8

GO TO YOUR CLOSET AND PRAY
NOT TO THE INTERNET

sirachman
12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
woot

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Blessed be the peacemakers. Give Ron Paul the strength to spread his message of freedom and keep him safe from all threats, foreign and domestic. Bless us on our celebration of freedom on December 16th. Bless those who can't understand that people have freedom of religion and Ron Paul believes strongly in that. Bless us all for we are ENDOWED by our CREATOR with certain unalienable rights that among these are life , LIBERTY, and the pursuit of happiness. Give us this day our daily bread. Amen.

lynnf
12-14-2007, 10:45 AM
oh, Lord, You are the Great I AM, the Alpha and Omega, the Prince of Peace, Lord of Lords, the Lord of Hosts, the Redeemer, the Good Shepard, the Light of the World.
thank you for your provision of Ron Paul to stand up for our country and the Republic which you gave us. we pray for Your protection for him, and that You will guide him
through the rough path that he is taking in his campaign. we pray that he will be victorious and that many will come to his aid, that many will awaken to the fact that our nation has strayed from the path that our founding fathers laid for us and they will do something about it.

amen

lynn

Menthol Patch
12-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Please keep praying for Ron Paul.

Also, pray for him when he is on MAD MONEY tonight!

hawkeyenick
12-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Please keep praying for Ron Paul.

Also, pray for him when he is on MAD MONEY tonight!

Kramer hates bernake and the fed, he is angry that we have people out of homes here but that were spending billions in iraq on people who don't want us there:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWksEJQEYVU

hellah10
12-14-2007, 01:47 PM
he's got some Muslim prayers coming his way :)