PDA

View Full Version : Trump praise from left? Good or bad?

kona
12-19-2018, 11:35 PM
First from Van Jones on criminal justice reform.

Now I see Ted Lieu on Twitter praising Trump on Syria withdrawal.

Who else on the left complimented Trump on this? I checked Sanders/Gabbard and nothing on Twitter.

And if they do compliment him, is it authentic? Or fake morality due to the Kashoggi murder changing the landscape?

It's been a very weird month for liberty.

+ Criminal justice reform
+ Opportunity zones
+ Hemp legalized
+ Syria withdrawal
- CR bill to prevent shutdown
- Otherwise horrible farm bill
- Bump stock ban

Swordsmyth
12-19-2018, 11:40 PM
It will depend on what else he does or doesn't do in the next two years.

CaptUSA
12-20-2018, 06:49 AM

+ Opportunity zones
+ Hemp legalized
+ Syria withdrawal
- Bump stock ban

Really? You mean rearranging the government deck chairs while the overall size and scope of government grows??? Say it ain't so!

Origanalist
12-20-2018, 07:53 AM
First from Van Jones on criminal justice reform.

Now I see Ted Lieu on Twitter praising Trump on Syria withdrawal.

Who else on the left complimented Trump on this? I checked Sanders/Gabbard and nothing on Twitter.

And if they do compliment him, is it authentic? Or fake morality due to the Kashoggi murder changing the landscape?

+ Opportunity zones
+ Hemp legalized
+ Syria withdrawal
- Bump stock ban

If this happens as advertised and North and South Korea cease all hostile relations I'll be waiting patiently for Tulsi Gabbard's applause.

specsaregood
12-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Really? You mean rearranging the government deck chairs while the overall size and scope of government grows??? Say it ain't so!

Any bit of progress is anathema to some.

PAF
12-20-2018, 08:24 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptUSA again.

It is amazing how the neocons on this site still can’t see bandaid on top of bandaid still leads to bigger government, in their supposed quest for less government.

Though I posted this in another thread, I feel that this needs repeating:

Forced Unionization (USMCA), $1.3T Omnibus, Ban bump stocks, Stop & Frisk, publicly announcing “International” Association of Police Chiefs, not a mention about Ending Welfare, etc, etc, and now his working with democrats for a “Medicare for All” government plan... and folks still can’t catch on that this guy is a NY Lib.

Those who support that stupid wall do not know the long term ramifications, in terms of Freedom and Liberty and Fiscal Responsibility.

Whether it’s built or not, I am in very good company:

Ron Paul: “I was thinking the other day, how could I ever support any money for the wall, I don’t like the wall.”

kona
12-20-2018, 01:12 PM
It will depend on what else he does or doesn't do in the next two years.

Trump was bulletproof when the "economy" (i.e. stocks) was hot. He's lost that armor now that the Fed is trying to weaken him. Hopefully he realizes he needs positives from other areas.

Syria was a good start.

dannno
12-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Chris Matthews

MSNBC host comes to Trump's defense over his decision to pull US troops out of Syria

https://www.thisisinsider.com/msnbc-host-defends-trump-pull-out-of-syria-decision-2018-12

shakey1
12-20-2018, 01:39 PM
Chris Matthews

MSNBC host comes to Trump's defense over his decision to pull US troops out of Syria

https://www.thisisinsider.com/msnbc-host-defends-trump-pull-out-of-syria-decision-2018-12

:up:

acptulsa
12-20-2018, 02:00 PM
I remember when people didn't look a gift horse in the mouth they way they do today. People didn't look at praise and ask if it is valid coming from partisans on the other side of the aisle. They looked for valid reasons to agree or disagree.

My, aren't we becoming a well-trained bunch of partisans? We deserve to be divided and conquered.

Swordsmyth
12-20-2018, 02:10 PM
I remember when people didn't look a gift horse in the mouth they way they do today. People didn't look at praise and ask if it is valid coming from partisans on the other side of the aisle. They looked for valid reasons to agree or disagree.

My, aren't we becoming a well-trained bunch of partisans? We deserve to be divided and conquered.
I think the point is whether or not Trump's base will be alienated because he is praised by some from the left.
If he doesn't do enough to please his base they may decide that he is a Demoncrat in Swampublican clothing.

acptulsa
12-20-2018, 02:18 PM
I think the point is whether or not Trump's base will be alienated because he is praised by some from the left.
If he doesn't do enough to please his base they may decide that he is a Demoncrat in Swampublican clothing.

Well of course he is. But don't worry yourself. Neither sentencing reform nor Syria withdrawal will net him any kind words from Hilldog Clinton. And that's all that counts, right?

To me, a more interesting question is, will any of the gender-indeterminate set from Congress (except Miss Lindsay) go on record opposing Trump on these good things he did? Clinton's not that stupid (though her past actions make her true colors obvious enough on both topics). But some of them might be.