PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Carlson in hot water for remarks on "dirty" immigrants

Anti Federalist
12-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Full transcript provided via Fox News:

We’ve talked a lot on this show about the threat to free speech. It turns out it’s very real.

Here’s one example: Last week, we interviewed a man named Genaro Lopez. Lopez is an elected official in Tijuana, Mexico. He’s exactly the kind of person you’d think a lot of American journalists would want to talk to. For months, the media have demanded that the migrant caravan from Honduras must be admitted into the United States. Once it gets here, they’ve told us, our country will be greatly improved by its presence. That’s how immigration works.

OK. It turns out we can test that hypothesis. That very same caravan, the one they’ve been telling you about, is now encamped in Tijuana. It’s been there for weeks. Simple question: Has the caravan made Tijuana better? Genaro Lopez would know the answer. His job is to represent the citizens of that city. We’ve invited Lopez on twice to ask about the caravan. He’s some of what he told us.

I asked him, "Behind you it seems that somebody's cleaning up garbage. Is there a lot of trash there?"

Lopez responded: "There's a lot of trash because, what I was trying to tell you, the 360 [people we had here] grew to 6,200. And that's why it got out of hand. So, we got another facility. It's a big concert hall where you can have like 10,000 people under a roof."

That was on December 3. Ten days later, we invited Genaro Lopez back on to the show to see how Tijuana was doing.

Nobody else in the media seemed interested in what had happened to the caravan. As long as the migrants remained in Mexico, they couldn’t really be used to attack Donald Trump. So the press moved on to the next dumb, shiny thing. But we were interested. Here’s what Lopez told us:

"Things aren't getting better. They're probably getting worse," he said. "Last weekend, we issued an ultimatum to all the Hondurans and Guatemalans that are camping out here on the street. They're blocking the street. And they're bringing all their necessities, trashing the street. ... Problems are still going on. There's been like 280 arrests. Before, it was solely for drug possession and being drunk in the streets. Now, it's for breaking and entering into homes."

Trashing the street. Doing drugs in public. Blocking traffic. Breaking into homes. That’s not at all what CNN promised us.

Was Genaro Lopez one of those white nationalists the New York Times is always warning us about? Did he make the whole thing up, pictures and all, for his own sick, bigoted reasons?

Possibly. Or maybe, and this was our conclusion, there could be a lesson here for the United States. Here’s what we said that night on the show:

"Our country's economy is becoming more automated and tech-centered by the day. It's obvious that we need more scientists and skilled engineers. But that's not what we're getting. Instead, we're getting waves of people with high school educations or less. Nice people, no one doubts that but as an economic matter, this is insane. It's indefensible, so nobody even tries to defend it. Instead, our leaders demand that you shut up and accept this. We have a moral obligation to admit the world's poor, they tell us, even if it makes our own country poorer and dirtier and more divided."

In a fast-evolving economy, it could be preferable to import more engineers, and fewer people with low skills, no matter how nice or well-meaning those people might be. And we always assume they are.

That’s what we said. That was our claim. And it’s hard to argue with that. In fact, nobody on the left did argue with it. They ignored it. Instead, they zeroed in on the last line: “The left says we have a moral obligation to admit the world's poor, even if it makes our own country more like Tijuana is now, which is to say poorer and dirtier and more divided.”

That’s what we said. It’s true. Ask Genaro Lopez. Thanks to the efforts of the American left, he and his city are living with the consequences. But precisely because it is so obviously true, saying it out loud is a threat. Our immigration policy exists for the profit and the comfort of a relatively tiny number of people. Everybody else gets shafted, including Genaro Lopez and an awful a lot of people just like him. Meanwhile, the people profiting from the policy don’t want the rest of us to think about it too much. They want us just to mouth the empty platitudes and move on. Nothing to see here. Shut up and go away.

Those who won’t shut up get silenced. You’ve seen it a million times. It happens all the time. The enforcers scream “racist!” on Twitter until everyone gets intimidated, and changes the subject to the Russia investigation or some other distraction.

It’s a tactic. A well-worn one. Nobody thinks it's real. And it won’t work with this show. We’re not intimidated. We plan to try to say what’s true until the last day. And the truth is, unregulated mass immigration has badly hurt this country’s natural landscape.

Take a trip to our southwestern deserts, if you don’t believe it. Thanks to illegal immigration, huge swaths of the region are covered with garbage and waste that degrade the soil and kill wildlife.

The Arizona Department of Environment Quality estimates that each illegal border crosser leaves six to eight pounds of trash during the journey into our country. If you’re interested in more detail, look at the website they’ve created, it’s called Arizona Border Trash. It’s dedicated to highlighting and cleaning up the thousands of tons of garbage strewn across Arizona by immigrants every year.

Illegal immigration comes at a huge cost to our environment. The Government Accountability Office (GAO) put it this way: “Illegal border activity on federal lands not only threatens people, but endangered species and the land itself. Illegal aliens and smugglers have destroyed cactus and other sensitive vegetation that can take decades to recover, including habitat for endangered species. One land management official described another federal property on Arizona’s border as so unsafe and with resources so destroyed that it is now primarily used for illegal activities and no longer visited by the general public.”

Keep in mind this is not a press release from Donald Trump’s campaign team.That’s a federal study from 2002. That was back when people could do science without getting fired for it.

The left used to care about the environment - the land, the water, the animals. They understood that America is beautiful because it is open and uncrowded.

Not so long ago, environmentalists opposed mass immigration. They knew what the costs were. They still know. But they don’t care.

We do care. And we’re going to continue telling you about it. We think you have a right to know. No matter what they say.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Tucker Carlson’s Show Loses 14 Advertisers After Illegal Immigration Comments

https://www.waynedupree.com/tucker-carlson-show-has-lost-14-advertisers/

enhanced_deficit
12-19-2018, 02:24 PM
Did not watch the show. For brief summary, was he talking broadly or was only in the context of "shithole" countries when he used above d-word term?

Anti Federalist
12-19-2018, 02:37 PM
Did not watch the show. For brief summary, was he talking broadly or was only in the context of "shithole" countries when he used above d-word term?

He made a simple statement of fact:

allowing certain immigrants into the United States “makes our own country poorer and dirtier and more divided.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/business/media/tucker-carlson-advertisers-fox-news.html

enhanced_deficit
12-19-2018, 03:22 PM
I dunno about credibility of this host though. While not yet prepared to agree with critics who have called him an opportunist hack,seasonal panderer/neocon or "dumb as a rock" fakenews analyst, what is undisputed is that he was big champion of Bush open-border Iraqi freedom leadership when he used to work for CNN.

Possible use of force in Iraq
Friday, March 7, 2003
Tucker CARLSON: I think you're absolutely right. I think you're right, but what you've described is a fundamentally irrational response. I had a bad day at work. I kick my dog. That makes me an irrational person. Why should the United States wait around for France and Germany to work through their psychological issues -- the ones you just described -- to disarm someone who must be disarmed?
http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/03/07/cf.opinion.iraq.debate/

Remember When Fox News Posted Tucker Carlson's Home Phone Number Online? (https://gizmodo.com/remember-when-fox-news-posted-tucker-carlsons-home-phon-1796974127)
7/17/17
It’s a fascinating rewrite of Carlson’s own history. Which, of course, he only gets away with because America’s collective memory is incredibly short. Tucker Carlson was one of the Iraq War’s biggest cheerleaders, and only came out against the war a year after it started, as even conservatives had to come to terms with the fact that it was an obscene waste of money and human life.

Carlson was so in the bag for Bush that he even called his Crossfire cohost “treasonous” for saying that Tony Blair was the “finest leader in the free world.” Meanwhile, Carlson’s now carrying water for Vladimir Putin, sowing confusion and running interference for the Trump regime by taking time out during his show to address the important issues like whether vaccines are safe.

Tucker Carlson: ‘Iran Deserves To Be Annihilated’
Eli Clifton Feb 22, 2012
https://thinkprogress.org/tucker-carlson-iran-deserves-to-be-annihilated-806eb7db32f7/

nobody's_hero
12-19-2018, 03:51 PM
I don't understand why the Mexican libertarians in Tijuana aren't inviting these caravan people onto their private property and giving them jobs. That's how it's supposed to work right?

Swordsmyth
12-19-2018, 03:56 PM
I don't understand why the Mexican libertarians in Tijuana aren't inviting these caravan people onto their private property and giving them jobs. That's how it's supposed to work right?
And Mexico is just full of libertarians waiting to come here and turn us into an anarchic paradise.

Isn't it?

oyarde
12-19-2018, 05:01 PM
Thats what tucker gets for stealing my lines .

AZJoe
12-27-2018, 03:17 PM
https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48382581_2233615680185342_4873680707110567936_o.jp g?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=211d8352e4bb0c014db7a918d920ff84&oe=5C9E34C0

AuH20
01-01-2019, 11:37 AM
they want him to shut up......

H_H
01-01-2019, 01:30 PM
Those who won’t shut up get silenced. You’ve seen it a million times. It happens all the time. The enforcers scream “racist!” on Twitter until everyone gets intimidated, and changes the subject to the Russia investigation or some other distraction.

It’s a tactic. A well-worn one. Nobody thinks it's real. And it won’t work with this show. We’re not intimidated. We plan to try to say what’s true until the last day.

And there will be a last day. Tucker knows that. His own shutdown has already started. It's already underway. The first step is always the "force the advertisers to pull out" campaign. It's pretty easy for these people to pull off and they have lots of practice. Now, there's still plenty of companies who are evil and racist and thus will still be very happy to advertise on Tucker's show and fill in the void. So it's not going to have a big financial impact. That's not the point. The campaign, amplified and high-profiled by the Unanimous Media, will then give Fox News -- now owned by Disney, by the by -- cover in order to say "Sorry, Tucker, we just can't keep you on any more. You're just too controversial. We'd love to, but, you know, this advertiser thing... it's become financial now. Gotta make the money. Hate to see you go. Tough luck, buddy. We wish you all the best, though."

It's remarkable and actually quite confusing that Tucker has been allowed to be on the air, in a prime time slot, with a or the top-rated show for as long as he has. Why has anyone permitted this? I mean, yes, Tucker brings in the ratings and thus is worth maybe billions year-over-year to them, but really... is it worth it? He is highly problematic to their narrative in every way. He's handing out way too many red pills. At some point, and probably soon, he's going to be SHUT DOWN and BLACKED OUT, just as Ron Paul was, just as Alex Jones was, just as a whole boatload of other people I dare not even mention here. (and I disavow, mods! I disavow! Wait, do I have to disavow Jones, too, since he's now a RACIST nazi? Hard to keep track of the ever-updating rules. Well, if so, I do. I disavow everybody! I disavow Ron Paul!)

So, question is: What then?

After they give the SHUT DOWN. BLACK OUT. treatment to Tucker, what's the next move?

Does Tucker have a plan?

Do they?

And once they've silenced everyone, what happens then?

Stay Tuned, Folks! Because we are moving from Current Year to Next Year.
And I think it's about to get interesting, or at minimum stop being quite so boring.