PDA

View Full Version : The word "Marijuana" is racist

Pauls' Revere
12-17-2018, 08:55 PM
https://nowthisnews.com/videos/weed/the-term-marijuana-is-rooted-in-racism

Apparently, we need to stop saying “marijuana” and this is why. The phrase actually has racist roots, and was used to knock on people of color for their “devilish ways.” While the word itself isn’t inherently racist, it was used derogatorily by American prohibitionists. So, when you used the word, you're ignoring a long history of oppression.

Weed has been consumed by the American elite since the 1840s, it was apparently even sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments. The stuff didn’t become controversial until the 1900s when millions of Mexicans migrated to the U.S. following the Mexican revolution.

With them, they brought “marijuana,” which was a phrase popularized by Harry Anslinger, who was the director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962. He believed that marijuana influenced darker skin people to commit murder and other violent crimes. So, he launched a vicious propaganda campaign against marijuana, associating it with "inferior" races and social deviants.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/02/04/marijuana-is-racist/

pcosmar
12-17-2018, 09:17 PM
I use Cannabis,, or the more common "weed".

only Mexican Weed is Marijuana.
Jamaican is Ganja
Hawaiian was da kine Bro
Panama was Red

Pauls' Revere
12-17-2018, 09:32 PM

Jamaican is Ganja
Hawaiian was da kine Bro
Panama was Red

and Sativa?

dannno
12-17-2018, 09:34 PM
and Sativa?

Cannabis Sativa, Cannabis Indica, Cannabis Ruderalis

pcosmar
12-17-2018, 09:35 PM
and Sativa?

Usually,,
I like to stay active,,, Indica is more for relaxing. (couch lock)

Though I prefer the Indicas for flavor,, but that is highly subjective.

pcosmar
12-17-2018, 09:38 PM
I like this label

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9a/9a/14/9a9a148e0efc59f3ed1c64229e9a33f2.jpg

Pauls' Revere
12-17-2018, 09:46 PM
I like this label

+rep.

Brian4Liberty
12-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Welcome to the snowflake victim society.

r3volution 3.0
12-17-2018, 10:43 PM
Well, here is an area where the weirdo-sexuals and associated degenerates agree with the other degenerates low-church floor-rollers.

Prohibition!

"Protestantism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, is having a good time." - H. L. Mencken

jkr
12-17-2018, 11:32 PM
ganja
herb
weed
cannabis
the plant of renown
the healer of the nations

Anti Federalist
12-17-2018, 11:50 PM
Well, here is an area where the weirdo-sexuals and associated degenerates agree with the other degenerates low-church floor-rollers.

Prohibition!

"Protestantism: the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, is having a good time." - H. L. Mencken

Puritans gonna puritan.

I wonder what would happen if the electric blue haired SJW crowd ever discovered how they are the true lineage of Increase and Cotton Mather?

r3volution 3.0
12-18-2018, 12:03 AM
Puritans gonna puritan.

I wonder what would happen if the electric blue haired SJW crowd ever discovered how they are the true lineage of Increase and Cotton Mather?

Heads exploding, my friend: exploding craniums.

Don't be angry with them; they know not what they do.

Let God sort them out.

DamianTV
12-18-2018, 03:34 AM
Ok, gay is the new normal, straight people should hide in the closet, white people are all racist, if youre not white then nothing you say can be racist, Santa Claus should be Transgender. Whats next, saying Gravity is fucking racist? What about other obvious standards, like morning time is now racist? How about the sun is the center of our solar system, thats fucking racist too?

No, what they are doing is ACTIVELY DESTROYING NORMALCY. Those are the people that it should be VERY NORMAL to publicy shame and intentionally humiliate. I mean they are doing a fine job of it all by themselves, but seriously, when this is the ONLY thing that people hear, there MUST be a Counterpoint that stands by what has been and what always should be fucking NORMAL.

shakey1
12-18-2018, 06:28 AM
Marijuana now too?... really? Enough with the F-ing racist BS already.

shakey1
12-18-2018, 06:29 AM
I like this label

Damn, outta rep.:(

alexny4222
05-14-2021, 07:00 AM
"sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments"?
Wish I could come back to those good old days:)

enhanced_deficit
05-14-2021, 08:25 AM
I dunno... probably status quo and same terminology will continue.
Earlier terms like "Redskins", "White House" were also being called "racist" but lately not much noise about that and since Biden win cancel culture has been bit quiet relatively.

Ender
05-14-2021, 09:57 AM
https://nowthisnews.com/videos/weed/the-term-marijuana-is-rooted-in-racism

Apparently, we need to stop saying “marijuana” and this is why. The phrase actually has racist roots, and was used to knock on people of color for their “devilish ways.” While the word itself isn’t inherently racist, it was used derogatorily by American prohibitionists. So, when you used the word, you're ignoring a long history of oppression.

Weed has been consumed by the American elite since the 1840s, it was apparently even sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments. The stuff didn’t become controversial until the 1900s when millions of Mexicans migrated to the U.S. following the Mexican revolution.

With them, they brought “marijuana,” which was a phrase popularized by Harry Anslinger, who was the director of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962. He believed that marijuana influenced darker skin people to commit murder and other violent crimes. So, he launched a vicious propaganda campaign against marijuana, associating it with "inferior" races and social deviants.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/02/04/marijuana-is-racist/

From what I've read, weed became officially "marijuana" (it's Mexican nickname) by .gov, to make it sound more evil to Americans & justify prohibiting hemp.

Sonny Tufts
05-14-2021, 11:32 AM

Jamaican is Ganja
Hawaiian was da kine Bro
Panama was Red

Reefer
Gage (used in a wonderful Terry Southern short story, "Red Dirt Marijuana")

As far as Panama Red is concerned, he'll steal your woman then he'll rob your head.

tebowlives
05-14-2021, 11:47 AM

Jamaican is Ganja
Hawaiian was da kine Bro
Panama was RedThis is "Murica. We speak English and we don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee

Working Poor
05-14-2021, 04:29 PM
"sold over the counter as medication to treat plenty of different ailments"?
Wish I could come back to those good old days:)

I have a very old bottle from the 1800's with a "hemp extract" and directions for use on the label.

pcosmar
05-14-2021, 07:58 PM
Reefer
Gage (used in a wonderful Terry Southern short story, "Red Dirt Marijuana")

As far as Panama Red is concerned, he'll steal your woman then he'll rob your head.

Only if he is riding his White Horse "Mescalito".

Working Poor
05-15-2021, 06:23 AM
I have a very old bottle from the 1800's with a "hemp extract" and directions for use on the label.

I went to look at it and I had forgotten that I gave it to my son because he thought it was cool.