PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to your town: 416 people leave NYC - LA - Chicago each day

Anti Federalist
12-15-2018, 12:47 AM
Nearly 156 People Leave Chicago Daily: Demographic Trends

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/chicago-exodus-sees-city-shrink-by-156-daily-demographic-trends

December 14 2018, 11:18 AM

(Bloomberg) -- Even migration is bigger in Texas. Dallas leads all U.S. cities as the largest net gainer with 246 people arriving daily, according to a Bloomberg analysis of 2017 Census data on migration to the 100 largest U.S. metropolitan areas. In 2014, the crown belonged to Houston with 269 migrants per day.

After Dallas, Sun Belt beacons Phoenix, Tampa, Atlanta and Orlando round out the top five. Seattle, at number six with a gain of 116 people daily, is the only cold-weather destination in the top 10. The daily influx surpassed 100 people in nine cities, while Chicago, New York, and Los Angeles saw an exodus of more than 100 people every day.

These figures exclude the natural increase in population, which is the difference between the number of live births and the number of deaths.

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/iHMSeVTtZO7k/v1/760x-1.jpg

The migration trend has two channels -- international and domestic. The international portion is the difference between those moving from outside the U.S. and those leaving the country. The second part of the equation, net domestic migration counts those who move in from another part of the country and subtracts those who leave for other U.S. areas.

Voting with Their Feet

Relocations can lead to large skill and investment transfers.

People who choose to relocate to other parts of the country are taking their talents with them. States and local governments make a large investment in educating people and many people further this by investing in a college education, so when one moves, a large investment transfer is occurring.

Dallas was the greatest beneficiary of this domestic migration, adding nearly 59,000 domestic movers in 2017, followed by Phoenix (51,000) and Tampa (41,000), which serve as anchors for the western and southern regions that got the bulk of the gains.

On the flip side, more than 208,000 residents left the New York City metropolitan area last year. This was nearly twice as many as the second biggest loser, Los Angeles, which had a decline of nearly 110,000. Chicago fell by 85,000. Honolulu, San Jose, New York and Bridgeport, CT lost the highest shares of their residents to other parts of the country.

In Chicago, New York and Los Angeles, the three areas with a triple-digit daily exodus, people are fleeing at a greater rate than just a few years earlier. Soaring home prices and high local taxes are pushing local residents out and scaring off potential movers from other parts of the country.

Nearly 156 People Leave Chicago Daily: Demographic Trends

Boise, ID and Charleston, SC reported more than 10 times as many domestic net movers as international arrivals in their metro areas. In 2017, Boise gained 41 people per day and Charleston 28.

Data on migration flows are essential for understanding localized growth for everything from employment, real estate trends, retail development to government infrastructure and environmental shocks.

International Migration

Miami, San Jose, Orlando and New York gained the largest share of population from abroad. Boston and Washington tied for the fifth spot. Aside from Orlando, all of these cities lost residents to other parts of the country.

Among the 100 most populous metro areas, 28 shrank in total net migration, all due to negative domestic migration. Of the 71 areas posting a net gain, 18 lost residents to other parts of the country and could attribute their gains solely to international migration. New Orleans was the only area where the influx and exodus was a wash.

Turnaround

Seven metro areas have been successful in turning the tide on migration flows in recent years. In 2014, Albuquerque, NM; Dayton, OH; Philadelphia, Provo, UT; Salt Lake City, Scranton, PA; and Springfield, MA were all seeing a daily loss due to migration. But these all reported net positives in 2017.

"New Mexico’s strong business climate for manufacturers makes for a very compelling value proposition. With a competitive total cost of operations, we can compete with foreign-made product right," said T. C. Huang, Chairman & CEO of I-Sheng Electric Wire & Cable and majority shareholder of Admiral Cable, which recently announced plans to build a new manufacturing plant in New Mexico.

These sentiments were echoed in emailed comments from Mark Moores, a New Mexico state senator in Albuquerque -- "Now that we have a more competitive business climate to go with our amazing natural climate, people are rediscovering us."

timosman
12-15-2018, 01:11 AM
It's OK. They all will be voting democrats.

aGameOfThrones
12-15-2018, 03:52 AM
https://www.rainbowtoken.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/Exodus-10-The-Eighth-Plague-Locusts.jpg

phill4paul
12-15-2018, 07:12 AM
Charlotte, N.C. +102. Christsakes, they are not even "half-backs" anymore. Just full on invaders.

TheCount
12-16-2018, 10:40 AM
Well, we know where this is going:

I say that they do and would be within their rights to restrict immigration form another state

Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

CCTelander
12-16-2018, 11:08 AM

"Your paperss, pleasse."

Suzanimal
12-16-2018, 11:18 AM
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c4/bc/7c/c4bc7c4ca80e9f5082907d58c9165e40--john-candy-moose.jpg

specsaregood
12-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Charlotte, N.C. +102. Christsakes, they are not even "half-backs" anymore. Just full on invaders.

Some of these states need to start putting more limited govt positions into their state constitutions, making it harder to change in the future.

opal
12-16-2018, 11:28 AM
and the majority is heading south BOOOOOOOO!

Anti Federalist
12-16-2018, 11:36 AM

You're damn right.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2018, 11:38 AM
"Your paperss, pleasse."

I'm interested in freedom.

More people always means less freedom.

So how about this?

You can move here, but you cannot vote in any federal, state or local election, ever, for the rest of your life.

Brian4Liberty
12-16-2018, 11:40 AM
The most leftist people I know want to leave California. They don’t like what it has become for a variety of reasons. They supported every politician and policy that created this situation. One of their criteria is to move to a “blue” community, or help turn one blue.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2018, 11:48 AM
The most leftist people I know want to leave California. They don’t like what it has become for a variety of reasons. They supported every politician and policy that created this situation. One of their criteria is to move to a “blue” community, or help turn one blue.

So they are admittedly and deliberately leaving in order to fuck up somewhere else?

And, just like any dealings with the invading hordes at the border, I'm just supposed to sit on my hands and do nothing, because to say anything negative about it or to do anything about it, is statist, racist and supremecist?

specsaregood
12-16-2018, 11:55 AM
So they are admittedly and deliberately leaving in order to fuck up somewhere else?

Now now, they would probably say the same thing about the "free state project".

Brian4Liberty
12-16-2018, 11:56 AM

They see it as wanting to be surrounded by those they agree with, and seeking a critical mass in another place is the way to do that. It’s essentially a political analogy with racism. They want to move, but want to avoid “those” people.

Anti Federalist
12-16-2018, 12:01 PM

Oh, they already have, many times...The New Bolsheviks are in power now in NH, and I shudder to think what they are going to ram through, a more dedicated mob of pussy protesters, electric blue haired lesbians and poofsters you've never seen, and they have universal hatred for the FSP.

The difference is, of course, we don't want anything from them, other than to be left alone.

https://pics.me.me/libertarians-diligently-plotting-to-take-over-the-world-and-leave-4616504.png

Anti Federalist
12-16-2018, 12:02 PM
They see it as wanting to be surrounded by those they agree with, and seeking a critical mass in another place is the way to do that. It’s essentially a political analogy with racism. They want to move, but want to avoid “those” people.

So why are they moving to where "those people" live?

Brian4Liberty
12-16-2018, 12:09 PM

To flee the mess they contributed to creating.

Anti Globalist
12-16-2018, 12:12 PM
They'll just move somewhere else and vote democrat.

Swordsmyth
12-16-2018, 03:50 PM
"Your paperss, pleasse."
That is exactly what the commies from the blue states will make happen and what you could avoid in your state if you didn't let them in.

Swordsmyth
12-16-2018, 03:52 PM
I'm interested in freedom.

More people always means less freedom.

So how about this?

You can move here, but you cannot vote in any federal, state or local election, ever, for the rest of your life.
They will raise their children and grandchildren to be commies and they will get to vote, limits on immigration combined with division into regions with compatible political cultures are required for liberty to survive.

Swordsmyth
12-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Politics has become war by other means in the literal sense and they are invaders taking advantage of the internal open borders to conquer and tyrannize the rest of us, sooner or later there will be war as politics by other means because of them.

Swordsmyth
12-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Which is why there must be a separation that results in hard borders.

tod evans
12-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Which is why there must be a separation that results in hard borders.

Government is the problem, not the solution.

Government "protects" the undesirables so expecting them to 'protect' you with hard borders means what?

Get government out of the mix and let folks sort out their own shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsC4kf6x_Q0

Swordsmyth
12-16-2018, 07:52 PM

Government "protects" the undesirables so expecting them to 'protect' you with hard borders means what?

Get government out of the mix and let folks sort out their own $#@!...

The people who must be kept out WILL impose a government on your happy little anarchy if they aren't kept out by hard borders and it will be a much worse government than one set up to keep them out by those with anarchist leanings.

euphemia
12-16-2018, 07:54 PM
New Yorkers move to Florida. I spent 11 years in the hospitality industry and I still work in travel.

The rest move to Arizona. That explains the political fluidity of those two states more than immigration does.

specsaregood
12-16-2018, 08:04 PM
New Yorkers move to Florida. I spent 11 years in the hospitality industry and I still work in travel.
The rest move to Arizona. That explains the political fluidity of those two states more than immigration does.

Judging by last years "should I" queries on google, it appears that it is New Jerseyans that are moving to Arizona.
http://i.imgur.com/b6uJ3OX.jpg

Swordsmyth
12-16-2018, 08:07 PM
Judging by last years "should I" queries on google, it appears that it is New Jerseyans that are moving to Arizona.
http://i.imgur.com/b6uJ3OX.jpg
:confused:
Should I cut my hair?

AuH20
12-17-2018, 08:03 AM
The disease spreads from the urban laboratory.

Ender
12-17-2018, 08:42 AM

Exactly.

shakey1
12-17-2018, 10:50 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Brian4Liberty
12-22-2018, 01:12 PM

They'll just move somewhere else and vote democrat.

That is exactly what the commies from the blue states will make happen and what you could avoid in your state if you didn't let them in.

I was watching the local news the other day, and they were discussing people leaving the state. They were sending mixed messages about it, and it finally dawned on me: this is an intentional Democrat strategy. They want people to leave, as they know it will spread leftism. It’s not an unintended side effect of their high taxes and extreme leftism, it’s a desired effect. They have fully conquered California. Now they want to spread it to all of the other states.

Swordsmyth
12-22-2018, 02:07 PM
I was watching the local news the other day, and they were discussing people leaving the state. They were sending mixed messages about it, and it finally dawned on me: this is an intentional Democrat strategy. They want people to leave, as they know it will spread leftism. It’s not an unintended side effect of their high taxes and extreme leftism, it’s a desired effect. They have fully conquered California. Now they want to spread it to all of the other states.
And the Dodo bird anarchists are just fine with letting it happen.