PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Wanted Him Freed Because "He Found Jesus"

Mortikhi
12-13-2007, 09:45 AM
The worst example of that syndrome, chronicled in detail by the crusading journalists at Arkansas’ The Leader newspaper, concerned a killer named Glen Green, sentenced to prison for life after confessing to the savage rape and murder of a teenage girl. An Air Force sergeant, Green had bludgeoned the woman with nunchucks, violated her almost lifeless body, run over her with his car and dumped her in a bayou. A preacher friend of Huckabee’s convinced him that the girl’s murder had been an “accident” and that the convict had repented, come to Jesus and therefore should be freed.
http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/20071212_the_mercy_of_mike_huckabee/

InRonWeTrust
12-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh man. LOL. Huck is going down.

Hope
12-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Is the site legit?

micahnelson
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
All these people finding Jesus, why can't we find bin laden?

Mortikhi
12-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Is the site legit?
This is the second time you've asked if one of my links were legit, the first one being about the Ron Paul winning the first national caucus.

What's up? Do I look like a fiction writer?

Xanax Nation
12-13-2007, 11:15 AM
And Huckabee said unto the Lord, "Lord did I not cast out many democrats in thy name?

And did I not oppress the people through taxation to do many good works?

And did I not support spreading Your message of love and peace with bombs and war?

And did I not seek to establish a theocracy in Your name, much better than the government they have with the freedoms you gave them to rule themselves?"

And the Lord said unto Huckabee, "I know you not.

Depart from Me, you worker of iniquity."

Then Huckabee was cast into outer darkness, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And for good measure the Lord cast three lightening bolts into his buttocks, and set his testicles on fire.

And all God's children said amen.

kylejack
12-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Man, I bet Huckabee wanted to climb into a warm bath with a handful of razorblades after learning what Glen Green did to get locked up.

Fox McCloud
12-13-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm a believer in Christ, but when you do something that is wrong, then you have to be punished for it; just because you start screaming "I accepted Jesus" doesn't automatically make you unpunishable for your actions. If I was Huckabee, I would have said "praise the Lord you've accepted Christ; but what you've done is wrong, and I cannot let you free from prison because of that".

Also, I'm instantly skeptical of people who use "finding Jesus" as a means to get out of prison early for what they've done. On the contrary, many of those who truly have accept Jesus as their personal savior tout the opposite; "what I've done is wrong, and I do need to stay in here until my term is finished".

Sadly, most Christians will warp this around to "oh, but we're supposed to be forgiving" yes, again, very true, but that still doesn't automatically grant him a pardon for his actions.

6 years ago, I would have loved Huckabe....thank goodness the Lord got in the way and opened my eyes.

Xanax Nation
12-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm a believer in Christ, but when you do something that is wrong, then you have to be punished for it; just because you start screaming "I accepted Jesus" doesn't automatically make you unpunishable for your actions. If I was Huckabee, I would have said "praise the Lord you've accepted Christ; but what you've done is wrong, and I cannot let you free from prison because of that".

Also, I'm instantly skeptical of people who use "finding Jesus" as a means to get out of prison early for what they've done. On the contrary, many of those who truly have accept Jesus as their personal savior tout the opposite; "what I've done is wrong, and I do need to stay in here until my term is finished".

Sadly, most Christians will warp this around to "oh, but we're supposed to be forgiving" yes, again, very true, but that still doesn't automatically grant him a pardon for his actions.

6 years ago, I would have loved Huckabe....thank goodness the Lord got in the way and opened my eyes.

You, sir, are exactly right. And please don't take my post #6 as personal or an affront, it is humorous satire, nothing more.

LibertiORDeth
12-13-2007, 12:37 PM

I completely agree. Thing is, if he is allowed to be free, he can do it again, even though he claims to have "found Jesus".

LibertiORDeth
12-13-2007, 12:38 PM
And Huckabee said unto the Lord, "Lord did I not cast out many democrats in thy name?

And did I not oppress the people through taxation to do many good works?

And did I not support spreading Your message of love and peace with bombs and war?

And did I not seek to establish a theocracy in Your name, much better than the government they have with the freedoms you gave them to rule themselves?"

And the Lord said unto Huckabee, "I know you not.

Depart from Me, you worker of iniquity."

Then Huckabee was cast into outer darkness, where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And for good measure the Lord cast three lightening bolts into his buttocks, and set his testicles on fire.

And all God's children said amen.

Lol. I think you went a little to far on this one. Nonetheless, its pretty good. ;)

DrRich
12-13-2007, 01:24 PM

:D:D:D

LibertiORDeth
12-13-2007, 02:22 PM

Didn't you hear? He found Jesus too!!! Guess we have to preserve him too.