PDA

View Full Version : ***Offical Pray For Ron Paul Thread***

tallt66
12-13-2007, 09:39 AM
This threads purpose had to be changed. Instead of prayer being posted here, discussion about prayer was being posted. Discuss your thoughts on praying for Dr. Paul on this thread and if you wish to post a prayer, feel free to go here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52950). Thanks and God Bless You.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
deleted

rdenner
12-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I am especially touched by your choice of passages.

I never believed in the power of prayer. But I had children and one of them got very sick several years ago.

I had NEVER in my entire life said a real prayer nor had I ever knelted in real reverence in a church. I went to the hospital church and knelt before God and asked NOT that he give me what I want, but that he give me peace and acceptance as to what was happening.

I prayed that no matter what his answer was on the life of my child, that he help me accept that outcome and give me peace. I walked out of that chapel a changed person forever.

BTW my child started eating the next day and hasn't stopped since and is as healthy and happy as any little boy I know.

Moral of the story? PRAYING ISN'T WISHING!! You don't get to rub the Bible 3 times and get your wish. If it's God's will that Ron Paul should win then it will be so.

But don't PRAY for Ron Paul to win or even to be safe. Pray for acceptance of whatever happens and the wisdom to act in the correct manner as to that outcome.

Praying FOR something is an afront to God in my opinion. Pray for acceptance, pray for direction if you must pray.

Robert

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
deleted

Luther
12-13-2007, 10:05 AM
I don't understand why the same deity that gave us presidents like George Bush and Bill Clinton would now give us President Ron Paul.

rdenner
12-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I agree with your thread and I pray every day for direction and acceptance and I encourage everyone else to do so who has that belief.

I think your choice of passages shows that you agree with my premise at least.

So here is my prayer;

Dear Lord please give me the strength to do what needs to be done to get Dr Ron Paul elected. But also temper that want with the understanding that your will is sometimes hidden. Give me the wisdom and the patience to accept your will in what I must do.

Robert

Luther
12-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I respect that your opinion has a right to be heard, but please read the rules of this thread. The purpose of this thread is for prayer. This is not a thread for discussion on prayer. If you wish to discuss prayer, please start a new thread. Thank you.

It's called thread hijacking and it is a part of posting on an internet forum.

rdenner
12-13-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't understand why the same deity that gave us presidents like George Bush and Bill Clinton would now give us President Ron Paul.

The Original poster has asked that this not turn into a debate thread. But how do you know it wasn't God's will that those two would make things so bad that people like YOU and I would actually stand up and do something about it as opposed to sitting on our collective asses.

Maybe it's a brilliant plan?

Robert

Lucid American
12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Lord,

Your greatest gift to us apart from life itself is that of free will. Thank you for bringing us Ron Paul, this candidate who promotes these two greatest gifts above all things.

Please continue to galvanize his fidelity to truth, and allow us to share in his determination. I ask also that others may awaken to his understanding of the importance of liberty -- true liberty -- and thus awaken into the unity that necessarily follows.

Please protect him from those who seek to harm him in words or body, and bless his family as they support him in his calling.

In your infinite name I pray.

Amen.

Mark
12-13-2007, 10:32 AM
If you care to, please check out http://PaulPrayer.com (http://paulprayer.com/).

It's a very simple site for prayer and "positive thought"events as The Spirit leads.

Next one is an all day event on Dec 31st.

I've got a forum, but it's starting to get spammed so, I removed the link for now.

My host has been really bad in terms of constant MySql errors on the forum
plus another forum I have for multimedia projects, so,
I'm going to call them about closing the account and moving it to a more reliable host.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Lord,

Your greatest gift to us apart from life itself is that of free will. Thank you for bringing us Ron Paul, this candidate who promotes these two greatest gifts above all things.

Please continue to galvanize his fidelity to truth, and allow us to share in his determination. I ask also that others may awaken to his understanding of the importance of liberty -- true liberty -- and thus awaken into the unity that necessarily follows.

Please protect him from those who seek to harm him in words or body, and bless his family as they support him in his calling.

In your infinite name I pray.

Amen.

I am sorry to have had to change things around a bit. I have turned this thread into a discussion about prayer for Ron Paul because several posters decided to do so instead of actually praying for Dr. Paul. To post actual prayer for Ron Paul, please go here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=52950). Thanks For your participation.

Mark
12-13-2007, 10:34 AM

I believe you're mistaken, the "god of this world", Satan, gave us those
because secretly those two are "Luciferians", or even worse, I've heard.

Lucid American
12-13-2007, 10:43 AM
There are SOOOO many threads to complain in -- why totally ignore the specific request of the OP and slam the thread? Better yet, why not just ignore the thread altogether -- if you don't pray or believe in prayer, why not respect others' right to do so?

Doesn't make sense.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 10:46 AM
That is what I was thinking, but I didn't want to be mean, so I just changed the thread's purpose to allow discussion and made a new thread for prayer.

Now that one is getting disrupted. :(

pcosmar
12-13-2007, 10:48 AM
Mathew 6; 1-8

1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 ķAnd when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

thehittgirl
12-13-2007, 10:50 AM

I tend to feel this way at times myself. But I believe that God wants us to be alert and awake. He warned us in the book of Revelations that there would be false prophets and false people using the name of God.

GW has done just that. Claiming to be a born again Christian then laughing at us behind closed doors. No, he is not the antichrist but he sure has the spirit of the antichrist.

Its a wake up call. It's also a call to trust in HIM and not in man. Too many Christians have lifted GW up on a pedestal.

archemeedees
12-13-2007, 11:00 AM
I want to ask those who are offended by prayer:

Is it the discourse between and individual and Deity that offends you?

or is it the people you have witnessed in the past that use God as an excuse to harm others that offends you?

spivey378
12-13-2007, 11:02 AM
*prays*

Mark
12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I want to ask those who are offended by prayer:

Is it the discourse between and individual and Deity that offends you?

or is it the people you have witnessed in the past that use God as an excuse to harm others that offends you?

More likely than not, it's not them, but demonic spirits that fear Almighty God that are so "offended".

That type of hate isn't "man made", that hate is typical of demonic reactions. I see it all the time in my line of work.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I just wanted a place on the forums to post prayer for Dr. Paul for those who wish to do so. I stated the purpose of the thread clearly, yet many either do not read or do not care to allow such a thread to be here. Why isn't there room on ronpaulforums.com for a simple grassroots prayer thread and why can't simple requests such as "for actual prayer only" be followed?

You don't have to agree to respect others wishes.

pcosmar
12-13-2007, 11:13 AM
1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven. 2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 3 But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth: 4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly. 5 ķAnd when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. 7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.
Jesus Mathew 6:1-8

GO TO YOUR CLOSET AND PRAY
NOT TO THE INTERNET to be seen by men.

Mark
12-13-2007, 11:16 AM

There's nothing "wrong" with joining together in prayer. You seek to quell spirituality, when you seem to have no idea of the definition.

The prayer spoken of there is "prayer" meant to make the person look "righteous" before mankind, not "everyday" prayer.

Mark
12-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I just wanted a place on the forums to post prayer for Dr. Paul for those who wish to do so. I stated the purpose of the thread clearly, yet many either do not read or do not care to allow such a thread to be here. Why isn't there room on ronpaulforums.com for a simple grassroots prayer thread and why can't simple requests such as "for actual prayer only" be followed?

You don't have to agree to respect others wishes.

Please don't worry, maybe just keep starting new Prayer threads until they get the message.

And by all means, since they feel free to hijack your threads and post off_topic when asked nicely not to,
maybe hijack their threads and post off_topic by posting prayers in their threads.

They apparently won't mind since they post off_topic in other people's threads too.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I appreciate your thoughts. It's amazing how something as simple as prayer causes such strong reactions and distractions.

By the way, do you know how to just delete a thread all together that you have started yourself? I cannot figure it out.

tallt66
12-13-2007, 11:29 AM

I agree that your personal prayer time should be alone and in private, but what is wrong with collective prayer with fellow believers? I believe these are two different types of prayer and you are confusing them.

Mark
12-13-2007, 11:38 AM
I appreciate your thoughts. It's amazing how something as simple as prayer causes such strong reactions and distractions.

By the way, do you know how to just delete a thread all together that you have started yourself? I cannot figure it out.

Not amazing to me, those "strong reactions" are more than likely demonic in nature,
quite a normal type of thing to see in my type of ministry.

Please don't worry, if you care to see, a simple website to visit: ----> GodMark.com (http://GodMark.com)

You believe that God is one

you do well

http://godmark.com/cross.jpg

So do the demons believe and shudder

{in terror and horror}

James 2:19

I believe you have to message an administrator or moderator to delete a thread, here's a list:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showgroups.php

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
People just don't realize that we have freedom of religion. There are a lot of freedoms in this country and Ron Paul believes strongly in all of them, including religion. I guess some people just don't want everyone to be free.

dirka
12-13-2007, 11:43 AM
Hey guys if you like to pray that is your business, but I like it a lot better when there is no talk about religion in these forums. There are a lot of people that support Dr. Paul that are not christian or religious for that matter

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Hey guys if you like to pray that is your business, but I like it a lot better when there is no talk about religion in these forums. There are a lot of people that support Dr. Paul that are not christian or religious for that matter

They won't listen, anything that offends us doesn't matter to them

We're not people as far as they are concerned

Mark
12-13-2007, 11:46 AM

Why is faith not an issue? If "everyone agreeing" on something was a prerequisite, there wouldn't be any posts.

How about just not reading what you're not interested in? Works for me.

Ron Paul Fan
12-13-2007, 11:47 AM
There are a lot of people offended by all of the cursing that goes on here too. Just go to the feedback forum and read the big thread on it. But the same people who want that freedom of speech are the same people trying to stop people from starting a thread on prayer. Can't have it both ways. I support BOTH freedoms! Freedom for everyone is what I believe in and Ron Paul does too. Some people are still interested in being free people.

Mark
12-13-2007, 11:49 AM
They won't listen, anything that offends us doesn't matter to them

We're not people as far as they are concerned

Nice point not. What if something you posted offended me? Does that make me not a "people" to you?

Don't like it, don't read it, very simple solution.

Mark
12-13-2007, 12:03 PM
There are a lot of people offended by all of the cursing that goes on here too. Just go to the feedback forum and read the big thread on it. But the same people who want that freedom of speech are the same people trying to stop people from starting a thread on prayer. Can't have it both ways. I support BOTH freedoms! Freedom for everyone is what I believe in and Ron Paul does too. Some people are still interested in being free people.

QFT (Quoted For Truth)

Some people.. :rolleyes:

Mark
12-13-2007, 12:20 PM
I agree that your personal prayer time should be alone and in private, but what is wrong with collective prayer with fellow believers? I believe these are two different types of prayer and you are confusing them.

Nothing wrong at all, remember what Jesus The Christ said.

We're not "part of the world" and "the world" hates Jesus, and sometimes us as His children.

~~~~~~~

Amplified Bible (http://www.biblegateway.com/versions/?action=getVersionInfo&vid=45)

John 7:7 (Amplified Bible)

7 The world cannot hate you, but it does hate Me
because I denounce it for it's wicked works and reveal that it's doings are evil.

[B]John 17:14 (Amplified Bible)

14 I have given and delivered to them Your word (message) and the world has hated them,
because they are not of the world [do not belong to the world],
just as I am not of the world.

John 15:18 (Amplified Bible)

18 If the world hates you, know that it hated Me before it hated you.

~~~~~

You know, "if you're not catching the flack, you're not over the target".

If evil doesn't attack me in my ministry, I know I'm doing something incorrectly. ;)

Hint: I like for evil spirits to attack me, it keeps them busy so they can't be elsewhere causing trouble.

unklejman
12-13-2007, 12:24 PM

This was a specific reference to the pharisees who prayed in public with long drawn out prayers in order to make themselves look more righteous and holy than others...

1Kings 8:22-23
22 Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in front of the whole assembly of Israel, spread out his hands toward heaven 23 and said:
"O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below—you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way.

1 Kings 18
30 Then Elijah said to all the people, "Come here to me." They came to him, and he repaired the altar of the LORD, which was in ruins. 31 Elijah took twelve stones, one for each of the tribes descended from Jacob, to whom the word of the LORD had come, saying, "Your name shall be Israel." 32 With the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD, and he dug a trench around it large enough to hold two seahs [a] of seed. 33 He arranged the wood, cut the bull into pieces and laid it on the wood. Then he said to them, "Fill four large jars with water and pour it on the offering and on the wood."

34 "Do it again," he said, and they did it again.
"Do it a third time," he ordered, and they did it the third time. 35 The water ran down around the altar and even filled the trench.

36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: "O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command. 37 Answer me, O LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again."

Ezra 10:1
1 While Ezra was praying and confessing, weeping and throwing himself down before the house of God, a large crowd of Israelites—men, women and children—gathered around him. They too wept bitterly.

Acts 20:36
36When he (Paul) had said this, he knelt down with all of them and prayed.

1Corinthians 14:15-16
What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest?

John 11:41-42
41 So they took away the stone. Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. 42I knew that you always hear me, but I said this for the benefit of the people standing here, that they may believe that you sent me."

John 6
10 Jesus said, "Have the people sit down." There was plenty of grass in that place, and the men sat down, about five thousand of them. 11Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:29 PM
This reminds me of football where both sides are praying as hard as they can, when what matters is what happens on the field

Mark
12-13-2007, 12:40 PM
This reminds me of football where both sides are praying as hard as they can, when what matters is what happens on the field

I take it you're not a "prayerful" person.

Remind me to go to the University of Iowa and try to "school" you on things I know nothing of.

I'll look as brilliant as you do in a "Prayer" thread.

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:42 PM
I take it you're not a "prayerful" person.

Remind me to go to the University of Iowa and try to "school" you on things I know nothing of.

I'll look as brilliant as you do in a "Prayer" thread.

I still have my priesthood ordination papers if you'd like to see them

Prayer has been studied, it has no effect other than placebo

Mark
12-13-2007, 12:44 PM
I still have my priesthood ordination papers if you'd like to see them

Prayer has been studied, it has no effect other than placebo

What Internet site did you get them from? You can't "buy" the kind I have.

And, "the wisdom of Man is foolishness to God." Might pay you to keep that in mind next time.

I Corinthians 3:19

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight.

As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
What Internet site did you get them from? You can't "buy" the kind I have.

And, "the wisdom of Man is foolishness to God." Might pay you to keep that in mind next time.

Here's a great place to start:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BH0rFZIqo8A

If you have the reasoning capabilities, there is a true life story on whywontgodhealamputees.com if you can find the solution to this story, you can officially call me your bitch

Mark
12-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Here's a great place to start:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BH0rFZIqo8A

If you have the reasoning capabilities, there is a true life story on whywontgodhealamputees.com if you can find the solution to this story, you can officially call me your bitch

Right. I'm going to watch a video on youtube about something I've experienced personally for 45 years.

Matthew 8:26
"...Oh ye of little faith..." Maybe "no faith" in your case.

JMann
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh Mighty Isis.

Mark
12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh Mighty Isis.

Yeah, I remember that counterfeit god of Satan's.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 Amplified Bible

14 And it is no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light;

15 So it is not surprising if his servants also masquerade as ministers of righteousness.

[But] their end will correspond with their deeds.

JMann
12-13-2007, 01:10 PM
YouTube or it didn't happen.

Nothing wrong at all, remember what Jesus The Christ said.

We're not "part of the world" and "the world" hates Jesus, and sometimes us as His children.

[

Mark
12-13-2007, 01:13 PM
YouTube or it didn't happen.

Isn't that more of a GodTube (http://www.godtube.com) subject? :D

hawkeyenick
12-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Right. I'm going to watch a video on youtube about something I've experienced personally for 45 years.

Matthew 8:26
"...Oh ye of little faith..." Maybe "no faith" in your case.

Yes, it's THAT powerful

There are people there who felt what you did for 60 years+ before they became one of the good guys

unklejman
12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
I Corinthians 3:19

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God's sight.

As it is written: "He catches the wise in their craftiness"

I started to write a song based on that scripture. I haven't had any inspiration outside of the chorus though yet.

Mark
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes, it's THAT powerful

There are people there who felt what you did for 60 years+ before they became one of the good guys

Oh, I've seen/read a bit the studies.

You gotta remember hawkeyenick, you're talking to someone that deals with evil spirits.

It's be like me trying to convince you that 1+1 isn't equal to 2 (just the basic math, not theoretical "somethng")

I know that there is a God and that He answers prayers. I wouldn't even be here, from a long long time ago, if God didn't answer prayers.

And no, I don't have a GodTube of the experiences. ;)

It's been real and real fun y'all. :) I enjoyed it. Unfortunately, "in person" life calls, and I need to run.

For you hawkeyenick, I'll watch it when I get back, but, I don't care if I'm the last person saying it on Earth, I'll never deny God, even to death.

He's been my Best Friend and Protector for too many years to turn back now.

Luke 9:62 Amplified Bible

62 Jesus said to him, No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.

And I know that He loves you too, even if you don't believe.

I'm not anywhere near one of those "fire and brimstone" types.

I trust in The Perfect Love Of God, and I can't even begin to explain how Great it is. It's an indescribably Beautiful Thing.

I'm not worried about you eventually knowing that God is real, all good things in their time hawkeye nick, friend and Patriot.

Peace everyone, I'ma out for now.. :) gotta do it..

Mark
12-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I started to write a song based on that scripture. I haven't had any inspiration outside of the chorus though yet.

I have pieces of songs too, sometimes inspiration comes in parts. I'll ask God for the Inspiration to return again to you.

If you want, I'd love to see the chorus, singing is part of my soul. I never get tired of singing or God.

Really gotta go.. Much Love..

Isupportliberty
12-13-2007, 02:06 PM
I can't believe some of you... I am not a religious person, but I really liked the idea of this thread for those of us supporters who are religious. Why do some of you feel the need to come on here and whine and complain about prayer and religion and whether or not it is valid. Why do you feel the need to hijack such a good intentioned thread? If you don't believe in prayer, WHY READ A THREAD ABOUT PRAYER??? Stop trying to push your agendas and just accept other people's points of view...

F'IN TROLLS.

unklejman
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I have pieces of songs too, sometimes inspiration comes in parts. I'll ask God for the Inspiration to return again to you.

If you want, I'd love to see the chorus, singing is part of my soul. I never get tired of singing or God.

Really gotta go.. Much Love..

I appreciate that. What I have is actually probably half of a chorus. I'm more of an instrumental musician so I actually developed the music a bit more than the lyrics I have. It's just a first person expression of what the scripture says: "You foolishness, is wiser than my wisdom. Your weakness is stronger than my strength" It's been a few years since I wrote that and my musical tastes have shifted a bit. I would probably do some revision to the melody if I were to work on it in the near future.