PDA

View Full Version : Napolitano: We learned today that prosecutors have evidence Trump committed a felony

TheCount
12-13-2018, 05:30 AM
https://youtu.be/55sqoOfBmZA

Nap starts at 3:35.

Origanalist
12-13-2018, 05:37 AM
If true, I actually have something in common with him.

spudea
12-13-2018, 05:43 AM
Once again gets the basic premise wrong. If it's a campaign finance violation, that's a civil penalty, not a felony. And Cohen is a lawyer, I haven't seen anything from him that he told Trump it was against the law, thus Trump is Cohens victim of legal malpractice.

Origanalist
12-13-2018, 06:09 AM
Once again gets the basic premise wrong. If it's a campaign finance violation, that's a civil penalty, not a felony. And Cohen is a lawyer, I haven't seen anything from him that he told Trump it was against the law, thus Trump is Cohens victim of legal malpractice.

It seems like he's a victim quite a bit for a alpha male MAGA superhero.

juleswin
12-13-2018, 06:21 AM

Well, John Edwards was charged with a felony for doing the just about the same thing Trump did i.e. using his personal money to cover up an affair which he did not report as a campaign contribution during a political campaign. But Judge Nap who has been very suspect lately ignores this very recent, similar case and continues to talk like the prosecution has something on Trump

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, John Edwards was charged with some sort of felony campaign fiance violation because he paid for the silence of his mistress with his money during his 2008 presidential run. And just like with Trump, the prosecution had a close associates of John Edwards who also had recording of phone conversations talking about the payment to Trump. Long story short, he was acquitted of the charge

phill4paul
12-13-2018, 06:44 AM
Well, John Edwards was charged with a felony for doing the just about the same thing Trump did i.e. using his personal money to cover up an affair which he did not report as a campaign contribution during a political campaign. But Judge Nap who has been very suspect lately ignores this very recent, similar case and continues to talk like the prosecution has something on Trump

For anyone who doesn't know what I am talking about, John Edwards was charged with some sort of felony campaign fiance violation because he paid for the silence of his mistress with his money during his 2008 presidential run. And just like with Trump, the prosecution had a close associates of John Edwards who also had recording of phone conversations talking about the payment to Trump. Long story short, he was acquitted of the charge

Edwards was a little different. He did violate campaign finance law but he didn't use it as hush money as far as I remember.

CaptUSA
12-13-2018, 06:50 AM
So, I don't really care about campaign misdeeds. I just assume they all do it. Any one of them could be prosecuted at any time if the political winds are against them.

That being said, I hope this keeps the government tied up in this stupidity for as long as possible. Beats having them actually do things. The biggest concern I have here is that the Executive is prone to creating "distractions" when things like this come down.

juleswin
12-13-2018, 07:00 AM
Edwards was a little different. He did violate campaign finance law but he didn't use it as hush money as far as I remember.

I still think in the general sense, both guys violated the same sort of offense. John Edward walked and so will Trump.

juleswin
12-13-2018, 07:04 AM
So, I don't really care about campaign misdeeds. I just assume they all do it. Any one of them could be prosecuted at any time if the political winds are against them.

That being said, I hope this keeps the government tied up in this stupidity for as long as possible. Beats having them actually do things. The biggest concern I have here is that the Executive is prone to creating "distractions" when things like this come down.

I think this whole investigation is the distraction and unfortunately for all of us, this distraction is not going to stop them from f**king over the people. The only thing it would do is line the pocket of some establishment lawyers and give the rulers an excuse when to make when things continue to go bad. This is why I want this investigation to stop now, leave Trump alone to work him magic and at the same time deprive him of this reasonable excuse if things continue to go down the drain as I expect it to.

spudea
12-13-2018, 07:16 AM

Edwards did not use his own personal money. The differences are quite clear and in no way comparable.

juleswin
12-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Edwards did not use his own personal money. The differences are quite clear and in no way comparable.

So Edwards used campaign donations which I assume is worse than using your personal money and he still got away with it. I think this makes the case against Trump even weaker. You would think a judicial historian like Judge Nap would bring up these points but no, he continues to talk as if Trump is in some type of real trouble.

kpitcher
12-13-2018, 10:34 AM
Discussing another topic but it does show how some campaign finance laws are criminal while others are not. Appears if it was willful then it's an actual crime.

https://billmoyers.com/story/violating-certain-campaign-finance-laws-criminal-offenses/

While most of campaign finance laws are enforced administratively (when they are bothered to be enforced) by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) with civil fines, the Department of Justice (DOJ) has concurrent criminal jurisdiction over willful violations of the campaign finance laws, including the longstanding prohibitions on federal candidates receiving contributions from foreigners.

dannno
12-13-2018, 11:00 AM

Can you elaborate? I was under the impression that he was ACQUITTED of violating campaign finance laws and the money WAS used as hush money (there were tapes..)

jkr
12-13-2018, 11:09 AM
#meTOOOOOO

B
U
M
P
!

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Nap starts at 3:35.

You voted Obama 2x. You voted Hilary. You voted the liberal congressional candidate in SC. Right so far?

You are rabidly anti-liberty on this forum.

So what is the purpose of your thread?

donnay
12-13-2018, 11:10 AM

Um, that seems to be the narrative, but the Edward's case is definitely different.

A federal grand jury charged two-time presidential candidate John Edwards on Friday with soliciting and covering up the secret spending of more than $925,000 to hide his mistress and their baby during the peak of his 2008 campaign for the White House.

juleswin
12-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Um, that seems to be the narrative, but the Edward's case is definitely different.

Yes, the 2 cases are not exactly the same but they are similar enough to draw conclusion from the verdict of the Edwards case but the good Judge don't seem to see it that way.

Also, how about charging the 2 Trump mistresses for possible blackmail. Threatening to tell on someone unless they paid you off is a form of blackmail. Did anyone consider that possibility with this case?

Swordsmyth
12-13-2018, 03:46 PM
Judge Swamp strikes again.

nobody's_hero
12-13-2018, 03:58 PM
The biggest concern I have here is that the Executive is prone to creating "distractions" when things like this come down.

So is the deep state. What if this is the distraction?

oyarde
12-13-2018, 04:18 PM
So is the deep state. What if this is the distraction?

Ya I was thinking this is the distraction .