PDA

View Full Version : Avoiding Women At Work Is A Childish, Cowardly Response To Me Too

phill4paul
12-10-2018, 05:11 PM
#toofuckingbad

Some steps seem calculated to protect from false accusations, such as “the man in infrastructure investing [who] said he won’t meet with female employees in rooms without windows anymore.” Other steps, such as “no business dinner with a woman 35 or younger,” seem to reflect men’s distrust of their own ability to do something pretty simple: share a meal with a young woman without harassing her. In all cases, these self-instituted rules are deeply gendered, suggesting that the men suspect women are likely to fabricate harassment or assault allegations, and implying that the men do trust themselves not to sexually harass other men. Neither reflects well on them.

It is maddening to watch adult men respond to revelations of endemic sexual harassment in the workplace by instituting a series of ludicrous personal codes, rather than by learning the relatively straightforward lesson on offer: Don’t sexually assault or harass anyone.

At best, these “rules” are reflective of employers’ woefully incomplete approach to sexual harassment. Employers have long done the absolute minimum to comply with the law, relying on trite videos focused on what you can and cannot say or do in the workplace (“don’t give back rubs” or “don’t offer promotions in exchange for sex”) and sexual harassment policies designed primarily to protect them from lawsuits. The sweeping scale of the Me Too movement makes it clear that no mere set of rules is sufficient to prevent workplace harassment, especially when those rules fail to speak to all of the various power imbalances that make the critical distinctions between genuinely consensual workplace romances and harassment.

The lack of employer investment in these training resources does not, of course, excuse the men who have responded with a temper tantrum to women’s basic plea to treat them like human beings. As a teenager, I knew that my choice never to drive again was both absurd and unsustainable. Mostly, it arose out of a quixotic ― and self-defeating ― attempt to punish others for my mistake. The men who subscribe to these new “strategies” know full well that they are motivated in precisely the same petulant, childish way.

...the men who choose this take-my-ball-and-go-home approach are robbing women of mentorship and professional development opportunities. They are restricting women from the social capital that is so often necessary to succeed and advance in the workplace. And, by adopting strategies based on the assumption that a woman readying a false accusation hides around every corner, these men give safe haven to predatory harassers who know that women who come forward with true allegations are unlikely to be believed.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/avoiding-women-childish-cowardly-response-130009260.html

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 05:13 PM
#MeToo is childish and cowardly.

Anti Globalist
12-10-2018, 05:15 PM
The #MeToo movement is a joke.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 05:16 PM
And, by adopting strategies based on the assumption that a woman readying a false accusation hides around every corner, these men give safe haven to predatory harassers who know that women who come forward with true allegations are unlikely to be believed.

There is one hiding around every corner.

kpitcher
12-10-2018, 05:28 PM
VP Pence is known to have been a follower of the Billy Graham rule far before #MeToo

Somehow people all over the world have figured out how to do business without avoiding the other gender.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 06:29 PM
Don’t sexually assault or harass anyone

Not a legally binding defense in the age of "Believe All Woemen".

Being utterly innocent accounts for nothing at all.

...the men who choose this take-my-ball-and-go-home approach are robbing women of mentorship and professional development opportunities. They are restricting women from the social capital that is so often necessary to succeed and advance in the workplace. And, by adopting strategies based on the assumption that a woman readying a false accusation hides around every corner, these men give safe haven to predatory harassers who know that women who come forward with true allegations are unlikely to be believed.

Tough shit.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

You're big tough woemen, who don't need no man for nothing, so sort it out yourselves, like most men have done.

Even when we do try and mentor and instruct you so as to achieve desired results, you just roll your eyes at us and dismiss it as "man-splaining".

Good luck getting to Mars like that, let alone keeping your sewer flowing or your car running.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 06:37 PM
VP Pence is known to have been a follower of the Billy Graham rule far before #MeToo

Somehow people all over the world have figured out how to do business without avoiding the other gender.

Toxic, fourth wave feminist broads are almost exclusively a creation of US/Western ideas, trends and zeitgeists.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 06:42 PM
h/t Danke

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6262&d=1544278376

Anti Globalist
12-10-2018, 06:50 PM
Women avoid me in general so this isn't really much of a problem for me.

Krugminator2
12-10-2018, 06:55 PM
MeToo like equal pay laws reduces the incentive to hire women. Nobody wants to be sued.

My dad was in management in the trucking industry. He would never hire or fire a woman alone in the same room and he retired 10 years ago. This isn't a new thing. A significant percentage of women are crazy and they will use their gender to ruin your life. #FACT

specsaregood
12-10-2018, 07:08 PM

So has Ron Paul.

tod evans
12-10-2018, 07:40 PM
No sexual harassment at all..........Put out or get out..........Really simple.

RJB
12-10-2018, 08:10 PM
Everybody (both men and women) who has ever had a job has seen a woman get in trouble for messing up or laziness and claim it was strictly harassment and not based on poor performance. I have also seen on two occasions people caught red-handed doing something stupid and claiming that they would pull the racecard knowing damn well it was based on a screw up. Granted these were rare occurrences, but no one would call them on it. It's like the "good cops" backing up the bad cops.

Sexual assault and harassment is horrible. I would not react nicely if such a thing was attempted on my wife, daughters, or any woman. Nor would I want my sons or any man accused of sexual harassment for firing a lazy woman.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:14 PM
So has Ron Paul.

You don't think some broad would crawl out of the woodwork to try and destroy Ron if he was president?

Next year, when the New Bolsheviks in Congress impeach or arrest Trump over the "shut up the hooker" payouts, he'll, Trump, wish he followed this advice.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:16 PM
You don't think some broad would crawl out of the woodwork to try and destroy Ron if he was president?

Next year, when the New Bolsheviks in Congress impeach or arrest Trump over the "shut up the hooker" payouts, he'll, Trump, wish he followed this advice.
Ron would have been in real trouble because he is an Ob-Gyn, they would have dug up one or more of his patients with little money and less moral fiber to claim he was a rapist.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:19 PM
Speaking of Ob-Gyns, how long will it be until there are no male Ob-Gyns left?

euphemia
12-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Basically what we have here is a failure of parents to parent. A person should not arrive in the workplace and need basic training about courtesy, kindness, and respect. These are values that should have been taught by parents to children.

If you have not learned the lesson by now, check out a book on basic manners and read it.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:28 PM
Basically what we have here is a failure of parents to parent. A person should not arrive in the workplace and need basic training about courtesy, kindness, and respect. These are values that should have been taught by parents to children.

If you have not learned the lesson by now, check out a book on basic manners and read it.
The world will be destroyed by bad parenting, the population is so large and our culture is so decayed that it may not be possible to reform society until after a great collapse and a massive decrease in population, the lower classes no longer respect or seek to emulate the higher classes and even if they did the higher classes have become just as foul and infantile as the worst ghetto.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:36 PM

This has nothing to do with bad manners or whether you are a gentleman or not.

The current default position of the legal, professional, business and "social media" worlds is that "All Woemen Are To Be Believed".

Period.

So, therefore, if you are a man, the ONLY way in which you can protect yourself against a false accusation of anything from rape to asshole-erly, is to limit your interactions with women as much as possible, and where not possible, account for every second with witnesses and surveillance.

Whether you actually did anything wrong at all is utterly besides the point and has no bearing at all on what we are talking about.

euphemia
12-10-2018, 09:37 PM
Our older grand boys are 12 and 10 and they are the most thoughtful, respectful boys you could ever hope to meet. Their younger brother, not so much. But at 2.5 months, I think he is doing pretty well. A bit of a flirt, really.

This is one of the first things we saw in our son in-law when he was dating our daughter. He is respectful and treats people well.

I think it has everything to do with how you treat people as to whether you will ever face an accusation for inappropriate behavior. If you never treat people badly, then nobody would believe an accusation, if one ever came to light.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:38 PM
This has nothing to do with bad manners or whether you are a gentleman or not.

The current default position of the legal, professional, business and "social media" is that "All Woemen Are To Be Believed".

Period.

So, therefore, if you are man, the ONLY way in which you can protect yourself against a false accusation of anything from rape to $#@!horely, is to limit your interactions with women as much as possible, and where not possible, account for every second with witnesses and surveillance.

Whether you actually did anything wrong at all is utterly besides the point and has no bearing at all on what we are talking about.
The problem is a result of bad parenting OF GIRLS though, both by their parents and by the government/media complex.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:38 PM
Our older grand boys are 12 and 10 and they are the most thoughtful, respectful boys you could ever hope to meet. Their younger brother, not so much. But at 2.5 months, I think he is doing pretty well. A bit of a flirt, really.

This is one of the first things we saw in our son in-law when he was dating our daughter. He is respectful and treats people well.
Good, but it won't protect them from false charges by itself.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:41 PM
Ron would have been in real trouble because he is an Ob-Gyn, they would have dug up one or more of his patients with little money and less moral fiber to claim he was a rapist.

Bingo...

euphemia
12-10-2018, 09:42 PM
My direct supervisor is a man. He has never treated me with anything other than sincere respect. All the men at work are that way. We work close together in one big room, so there isn't anywhere to hide, really.

dannno
12-10-2018, 09:43 PM
I think dis goes here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIyluGsy-zA

specsaregood
12-10-2018, 09:44 PM

I guarantee some would. I just recall it being written about way back in 2007 how he would never allow himself to be alone with a female that was not a relative. I'm not sure that was the case when he was a practicing OB doctor, but it was something he did during his political career.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:45 PM
I think it has everything to do with how you treat people as to whether you will ever face an accusation for inappropriate behavior. If you never treat people badly, then nobody would believe an accusation, if one ever came to light.

https://media.tenor.com/images/6b3747f317ce55380fc462932fbe87fe/tenor.gif

If you're a boss of any kind, your job description will mean that, at some point in time you will have to treat people in such a way that they will perceive as being ill-used and badly treated.

Letting people go, cutting pay, cutting benefits, making people work hours or days they don't want to...the list is endless.

And an endless series of opportunities to have a false charge leveled against as "revenge".

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:46 PM
I guarantee some would. I just recall it being written about way back in 2007 how he would never allow himself to be alone with a female that was not a relative. I'm not sure that was the case when he was a practicing OB doctor, but it was something he did during his political career.

Oh...OK, got it...I misunderstood you.

specsaregood
12-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Oh...OK, got it...I misunderstood you.

Of course, didn't help him with that ****** Bruno did it? They will always find a way.

You must love this though, you've been wisely advocating for this philosophy in the workplace for years.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:51 PM
Most people don't know you or your reputation and half of those that do are ever ready to believe the worst of you given the opportunity, when you combine that with the #MeToo culture you (Men that is) don't have a chance.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Of course, didn't help him with that ****** Bruno did it? They will always find a way.

You must love this though, you've been wisely advocating for this philosophy in the workplace for years.
I think this is more accurate as an image of AF right now:

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP. S08Th7spdLTRr_44hnBkxgHaEK%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

specsaregood
12-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Most people don't know you or your reputation and half of those that do are ever ready to believe the worst of you given the opportunity, when you combine that with the #MeToo culture you (Men that is) don't have a chance.

Combine it with the risk averse nature of businesses as well. They have a lot less to lose from firing a wrongfully accused man than they do ignoring a lying accuser.

dannno
12-10-2018, 09:55 PM
My direct supervisor is a man. He has never treated me with anything other than sincere respect. All the men at work are that way. We work close together in one big room, so there isn't anywhere to hide, really.

This isn't about you.. you are obviously a woman of honesty and integrity.

This is about women who are manipulative and bad, which makes up a pretty good chunk of women these days.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo0KjdDJr1c

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:56 PM
When she left, she went to see a lawyer.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Of course, didn't help him with that fagggot Bruno did it? They will always find a way.

No, far from it...I take zero pleasure in it.

Just like my repeated warnings about cops, I am simply trying to help people stay out of a jam.

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 10:01 PM
Combine it with the risk averse nature of businesses as well. They have a lot less to lose from firing a wrongfully accused man than they do ignoring a lying accuser.
Yup, and it isn't just your boss, if the case gets in the media clients/suppliers etc. might throw you under the bus and run away if you are your own boss.

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Yup, and it isn't just your boss, if the case gets in the media clients/suppliers etc. might throw you under the bus and run away if you are your own boss.

Bingo 2...

Anti Federalist
12-10-2018, 10:13 PM
Avoiding Women At Work Is A Childish, Cowardly Response To Me Too

Courage is the opposite of cowardice.

Courage is toxic masculinity.

Origanalist
12-10-2018, 10:35 PM

You apparently never met my ex wife.

oyarde
12-10-2018, 10:41 PM
The #MeToo movement is a joke.

Yes it is , they cannot resist my advances , who are they kidding ?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
12-10-2018, 11:09 PM
http://sudantelecentreacademy.org/img/funny-sexual-harassment-quotes.jpg

Danke
12-11-2018, 03:09 AM
"Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake. But I do deny them my essence." Gen. Jack D. Ripper