PDA

View Full Version : Justice Kavanaugh already proven to be a lousy pick

dude58677
12-10-2018, 01:53 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna945946

Gave Planned Patenthood a victory.

angelatc
12-10-2018, 01:58 PM
I don't think any of us are surprised. He's a moderate.

EBounding
12-10-2018, 02:33 PM
BUT TEH JUEDGES!!!1

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 02:37 PM
^^^THIS^^^

Nobody here would have picked him but he is an improvement over Kennedy.

spudea
12-10-2018, 02:38 PM
the lower court rulings involved preliminary injunctions, not final rulings on the merits of the lawsuits.

dannno
12-10-2018, 02:39 PM
// nm

dannno
12-10-2018, 02:41 PM
//

dup

Anti Globalist
12-10-2018, 04:40 PM
Can't say I'm surprised since he was a moderate.

aGameOfThrones
12-10-2018, 10:24 PM
What if Roberts is the wild card in a case like that? If they took the case and Roberts ended up with the 4 Leftists? Better to not grant certiorari than to risk it?

Swordsmyth
12-10-2018, 10:29 PM
What if Roberts is the wild card in a case like that? If they took the case and Roberts ended up with the 4 Leftists? Better to not grant certiorari than to risk it?
That is what will continue to worry me until Trump gets to replace RBG.

And it might be what Kavanaugh was thinking, I'd like to know if he knew that Roberts voted against before he did.

Peace Piper
12-11-2018, 12:14 AM
Who could have possibly imagined that Kavanaugh would turn out to be a disappointment.

https://i.imgur.com/AI4W3GS.jpg

Look at him practically bowing before a despicable piece of war criminal trash.

My Sinister Battle with Brett Kavanaugh

UK Telegraph | 28 November 2018 by Ambrose Evans-Pritchard

Twenty-three years ago I crossed swords with a younger Brett Kavanaugh in one of the weirdest and most disturbing episodes of my career as a journalist.

What happened leaves me in no doubt that he lacks judicial character and is unfit to serve on the US Supreme Court for the next thirty years or more, whatever his political ideology.

He was not a teenager. It related to his duties in the mid-1990s as Assistant Independent Council for the Starr investigation, then probing Bill and Hillary Clinton in the most sensitive case in the country.

To my surprise, the incident has suddenly become a second front in his nomination saga on Capitol Hill. Senator Dianne Feinstein, the top Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, has accused him of violating secrecy laws by revealing the details of a federal grand jury.

“Disclosing grand jury information is against the law,” she told Politico. She said it also showed he had misled the Senate by assuring categorically that he had never leaked grand jury material to journalists.

Sen Feinstein released a ‘smoking gun’ document from the archive files of the Starr investigation. It shows Mr Kavanaugh’s efforts to suppress a news story about his wild cross-examination of a witness, including a wayward discussion of “genitalia” that particularly worried him...https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/my-battle-brett-kavanaugh-over-truth-ambrose-evans-pritchard/

Telegraph link goes to paywall, here is full article: https://johnib.wordpress.com/2018/10/03/my-sinister-battle-with-brett-kavanaugh-over-the-truth-by-ambrose-evans-pritchard-2/

Bunch of clowns going gaga over another DC insider. Sickening.

"IT'S A BIG CLUB AND YOU AIN'T IN IT"- Carlin

Hey George- they never listen until it's too late.

enhanced_deficit
12-11-2018, 12:20 AM
I don't think he was a member of CFR lke Trump's earlier SCOTUS pick.

There were rumors that there were more conservative options but MAGA's top funder rejected those.

Swordsmyth
12-11-2018, 12:50 AM
Bunch of clowns going gaga over another DC insider. Sickening.

Please post ONE example of someone going "gaga" over Kavanaugh.

PAF
12-11-2018, 12:57 AM
Please post ONE example of someone going "gaga" over Kavanaugh.

Check out the gun forums. Not only do they love love love kavanaugh, they believe every republican in the house/senate can do no wrong. In fact, they still worship bush.

Swordsmyth
12-11-2018, 01:00 AM
Check out the gun forums. Not only do they love love love kavanaugh, they believe every republican in the house/senate can do no wrong. In fact, they still worship bush.
I can believe that because that is one of his better issues but I believe that PP is accusing people HERE of going "gaga" over Kavanaugh.

Anti Federalist
12-11-2018, 01:02 AM
More swampiness.

Imagine my surprise.

You know how you get bad laws, oppressive taxes and crippling programs like Obamacare repealed?

Like this:

https://st1.latestly.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/France-yellow-vest-protests-784x441.jpg

Until "we" are just as willing to fight, bleed, burn and riot for what we consider to be life or death ideals, the New Bolsheviks will continue to political victory, since they own the system.

pcosmar
12-11-2018, 01:05 AM

I was Banned from The High Road before I came here.