PDA

View Full Version : Global Cops: Will US Jail Chinese Tech Exec?

Brian4Liberty
12-10-2018, 11:40 AM
Global Cops: Will US Jail Chinese Tech Exec? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClYVdUf261E)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClYVdUf261E

The shock arrest of Chinese telecoms giant Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou in Canada, reportedly on a US request, over allegations that her company sold products to Iran in violation of US sanctions, has opened a huge Pandora's box. If this member of the Chinese political and business elite is jailed in the US, what will happen to US/China relations? Trade war? US execs arrested in China? Something far worse? Did Trump have a clue about this? Was he briefed on the full implications?

Influenza
12-10-2018, 01:54 PM
This is as globalist as it gets, all under the nose of MAGA Trump. Talk about Obama "putting the left to sleep..." Trump has instituted forced lobotomies on the right (though it certainly didn't affect most of them)

osan
12-10-2018, 03:58 PM
...Lessee...

OK, so I didn't watch because I need a nap, but if I have the right gist, the US "government" is taking a rather dangerous step here.

"We" created China. Had America not handed the Chinese virtually everything they have in terms of their "juggernaut" economy, they would still be living in near-stone age condition, as they were in, say, 1960.

We allowed all manner of tech and other capability into the borders of a nation we should have left to its devices. But no. We had to show the world how... <AHEM> ... "progressive" we were. Oy.

Now those monkeys are doing precisely what anyone with a brain knew they would do, using our tech against us, and Theye are pitching a fit of "no fair!!!".

Humanity will come to rue the day it lost its appetite for the blood of not only tyrants, but their children. We as a species have signed our souls over to the devils.

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2018, 10:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR73AJ5W4F0

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2018, 11:11 AM
...Lessee...

OK, so I didn't watch because I need a nap, but if I have the right gist, the US "government" is taking a rather dangerous step here.

"We" created China. Had America not handed the Chinese virtually everything they have in terms of their "juggernaut" economy, they would still be living in near-stone age condition, as they were in, say, 1960.

We allowed all manner of tech and other capability into the borders of a nation we should have left to its devices. But no. We had to show the world how... <AHEM> ... "progressive" we were. Oy.

Now those monkeys are doing precisely what anyone with a brain knew they would do, using our tech against us, and Theye are pitching a fit of "no fair!!!".

Humanity will come to rue the day it lost its appetite for the blood of not only tyrants, but their children. We as a species have signed our souls over to the devils.

Ron Paul and Daniel McAdams take on this is that it is all about Iran, and Huawei is accused of selling technology, including American components to Iran. They are also concerned about the actions of Canada in arresting this person for the benefit of US foreign policy (Aggression?). Why should Canada arrest a Chinese person selling to Iran? Does the entire world live under the trade restrictions imposed by the US? And in the end, they also say that it sounds very much like the actions of neoconservatives in the Trump administration, possibly without any consultation with Trump himself.

They don’t really address the tech side of the issue, other than to paint Huawei as just an honest business, and that the fraud issues are simply cover for neoconservative policy objectives. It may be true that the arrest is partially about Iran, but it is not a good idea to paint Huawei as innocent and honest. Huawei is the poster child for intellectual property theft, copyright violations, etc. On top of that, they are instruments of big brother, as they inserted Chinese government spy capabilities into everything they touched. Not unlike US government forcing a back-door into everything, but it’s bad no matter which government is doing it. Nothing about China should be upheld as a model.

Brian4Liberty
12-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Australians are not fans of Huawei:

Australia bans Huawei and ZTE from supplying technology for its 5G network (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?525685-Australia-bans-Huawei-and-ZTE-from-supplying-technology-for-its-5G-network)

osan
12-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Ron Paul and Daniel McAdams take on this is that it is all about Iran, and Huawei is accused of selling technology, including American components to Iran. They are also concerned about the actions of Canada in arresting this person for the benefit of US foreign policy (Aggression?). Why should Canada arrest a Chinese person selling to Iran? Does the entire world live under the trade restrictions imposed by the US? And in the end, they also say that it sounds very much like the actions of neoconservatives in the Trump administration, possibly without any consultation with Trump himself.

They don’t really address the tech side of the issue, other than to paint Huawei as just an honest business, and that the fraud issues are simply cover for neoconservative policy objectives. It may be true that the arrest is partially about Iran, but it is not a good idea to paint Huawei as innocent and honest. Huawei is the poster child for intellectual property theft, copyright violations, etc. On top of that, they are instruments of big brother, as they inserted Chinese government spy capabilities into everything they touched. Not unlike US government forcing a back-door into everything, but it’s bad no matter which government is doing it. Nothing about China should be upheld as a model.

This all raises the uncomfortable issue of trustworthiness.

The way things are going these days (and have been since 5000 BCE) everyone is so crooked and full of lies, it becomes impossible to know who is telling truth, lies, and most deleterious of all, deceptive mixes of the two.

I don't trust the Chinese to the end of my nose. They are nasty, vile people. But so are we. So in the end, humanity is just what it is. We appear incapable or unwilling to escape that which we are, so perhaps we should just put the pedal to the metal and go for broke without all the nonsense pretenses of nobility.