PDA

View Full Version : Trump : Tillerson dumb as a Rock

kpitcher
12-08-2018, 02:48 AM
Tillerson "didn't have the mental capacity needed" as the nation's top diplomat.

"He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough," Trump said. "He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!"

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-lashes-out-at-tillerson-after-criticism-he-was-dumb-as-a-rock

If he was so bad why did Trump hire him, let alone keep in on board for over a year?

AZJoe
12-08-2018, 04:15 AM

Trump proving once again he has the emotional mentality of a 10 year old. Meanwhile the fool in chief continues to appoint and sing praises of his neocon appointees Pompeo, Trump's master Bolton, Pence, Haley, Nauert.

asurfaholic
12-08-2018, 07:08 AM
We have a real character as president...

At least Obama had some class.

I miss Ron Paul.

fcreature
12-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Only hires the best, though.

Ender
12-08-2018, 09:57 AM
We have a real character as president...

At least Obama had some class.

I miss Ron Paul.

Yep.

presence
12-08-2018, 10:01 AM
If he was so bad why did Trump hire him, let alone keep in on board for over a year?

technically he wasn't dumb as a rock until he went on network news and said he didn't get along well with trump because he consistently asked him to do illegal things

Brian4Liberty
12-08-2018, 11:15 AM
technically he wasn't dumb as a rock until he went on network news and said he didn't get along well with trump because he consistently asked him to do illegal things

Which indicates that neocons are smart enough to not say bad things about Trump in person or in the media. There is some skill required to be a good sycophant infiltrator.

angelatc
12-08-2018, 11:26 AM

Eh, Reagan used to ask his staffers to come up with ways to creatively but legally do things. I think Tillerson must be releasing a book or something. But I am hard pressed to believe the former head of Exxon Mobil is dumb or lazy.

TheCount
12-08-2018, 11:57 AM
I thought that Tillerson was one of the "best people," though?

CCTelander
12-08-2018, 12:02 PM
I thought that Tillerson was one of the "best people," though?

The "very best." With the best minds.

TheCount
12-08-2018, 12:41 PM
The "very best." With the best minds.

Strange how that first set of "best people" have one by one been replaced by lifelong politicians and government employees.

Anti Globalist
12-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Pompeo is also as dumb as a rock.

Zippyjuan
12-08-2018, 01:50 PM
Strange how that first set of "best people" have one by one been replaced by lifelong politicians and government employees.

Refilling the Swamp.

buck000
12-08-2018, 01:53 PM

Trump proving once again he has the emotional mentality of a 10 year old.

I continue to see no evidence to disprove my personal theory that POTUS gave Barron his Twitter password and told him, "Have fun with it."

Zippyjuan
12-08-2018, 02:50 PM
https://www.tampabay.com/nation-world/rex-tillerson-on-trump-undisciplined-doesnt-like-to-read-and-tries-to-do-illegal-things-20181207/

"What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation," Tillerson said, was "to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn't like to read, doesn't read briefing reports, doesn't like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, 'This is what I believe.'"

Tillerson said Trump believes he is acting on his instincts rather than relying on facts. But Tillerson seemed to suggest that it resulted in impulsiveness.

"He acts on his instincts; in some respects, that looks like impulsiveness," Tillerson said. "But it's not his intent to act on impulse. I think he really is trying to act on his instincts."

(Notice Tillerson doesn't say Trump isn't being impulsive; he's saying he isn't trying to be impulsive.)

Perhaps the most damning quote came when Tillerson talked about how Trump as president regularly attempted to do things that violated the law.

"So often, the president would say, 'Here's what I want to do, and here's how I want to do it,'" Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, "and I would have to say to him, 'Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can't do it that way. It violates the law."

Tillerson also appeared to take a shot at Trump's chief method of communication, Twitter.

"I will be honest with you: It troubles me that the American people seem to want to know so little about issues - that they are satisfied with a 128 characters," Tillerson said.

He was quick to say that that wasn't meant as a shot at Trump, but our political system more broadly. Next to his other comments, though, it wasn't difficult to see he was lumping Trump with all those Americans who aren't intellectually curious enough about policy and the actual details of U.S. government.