PDA

View Full Version : Fair Vote Count

amistybleu
12-13-2007, 09:15 AM
I am concerned that there will be underhanded counting of the votes that will negatively affect the campaign, we can see the strength and virility of this campaign is bigger than anything put out by the other candidates and the MSM's attempt to crush it will undoubtedly flow into the actual counting of votes.

How will we ensure a fair vote count?

Hope
12-13-2007, 09:18 AM
The Ron Paul Campaign is asking all the meetup groups to get poll watchers at every voting center. Each candidate is alotted one volunteer at every center to literally stand by throughout the day to make sure nothing funny is going on and watch the votes being counted at the end.

These same poll watchers should also have a Master List on hand to check off people as they come in who say they'll be voting for Ron Paul. If people aren't showing up, throughout the day other Meetup members should be making phone calls to those people to ask if they can help them get to the polls.

It's all covered in the video seminar found on the ronpaul2008.com website, it's under "Resources" I think. It's a lengthy lecture but it's very, very important in detailing the strategy we need to win.

amistybleu
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks, This must happen as the crooks are afoot.

lupester
12-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Are we still using electronic machines or did "We The People" get that stopped?

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-13-2007, 10:13 AM
i can just show up and say i'm a watcher without any official documents or anything?

mmarcman22
12-13-2007, 10:19 AM
I think we need to go further then just poll watching. I believe we need to have all Ron Paul supporters to sign in with someone from the campaign at the polling place to show they voted for Ron inorder to keep an accurate count. Is this even possible. I don't trust machines or the people running them. Can we request a copy of our vote ballot? Just throwing things out there.

bgarrett
12-13-2007, 10:20 AM
ronpaul2008.com has training videos which are long and the narrator puts me to sleep but he knows what hes talking about and he explains EVERYTHING we need to know

lupester
12-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I read one article that said the voting machines have cell modems in them so that they can be dial-ed into? Anyone can confirm or deny? Also, does anyone know how to block cell calls coming in to polling sites? Where is McGiver when you need him.

Cleaner44
12-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I like the idea that Jim Condit has about phoning in the results and immediately publishing them to the web before the MSM gets ahold of it and makes the change.

http://www.thetruth247.com/

Hope
12-13-2007, 12:55 PM
i can just show up and say i'm a watcher without any official documents or anything?

It depends on your specific area. Look up your local GOP chair and email them (not mentioning Ron Paul) asking how one becomes a poll watcher during the day of elections for your state.

Hope
12-13-2007, 12:57 PM
Are we still using electronic machines or did "We The People" get that stopped?

No idea, I'm trying to find that out myself!