PDA

View Full Version : Trump Administration to Auction Off 900,000 Acres for Fracking in Nevada

Swordsmyth
12-04-2018, 10:45 PM
The Trump administration plans to auction more than 900,000 acres for oil and gas extraction on the doorstep of Nevada’s only national park and other protected public lands. It would be the largest single lease sale of public lands in the lower 48 states in at least a decade.

The Bureau of Land Management lease sale, scheduled for March 12, 2019, will auction off public land next to Great Basin National Park and Ruby Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, an internationally known migratory waterfowl stopover cherished by birders and hunters.

More at: https://www.globalresearch.ca/trump-administration-to-auction-off-900000-acres-for-fracking-in-nevada/5661855

angelatc
12-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Lease. Bah - call me when they're selling it properly.

Can you imagine the heads of the left exploding if he did that?

Swordsmyth
12-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Lease. Bah - call me when they're selling it properly.

Can you imagine the heads of the left exploding if he did that?
It would be best if he gave it to the state but this is an improvement.

Origanalist
12-04-2018, 11:19 PM

Yep, that would be the correct thing to do.

TheTexan
12-04-2018, 11:28 PM
an internationally known migratory waterfowl stopover cherished by birders and hunters.

Very disappointed in Trump with this. I expected better from him, to protect our 2nd amendment birding and hunting rights.

I will be writing a very stern letter to the NRA to see what they can do to help.

Swordsmyth
12-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Very disappointed in Trump with this. I expected better from him, to protect our 2nd amendment birding and hunting rights.

I will be writing a very stern letter to the NRA to see what they can do to help.
A Texican that is opposed to oil drilling?

More proof you are a Yankee.

kpitcher
12-04-2018, 11:34 PM
I dislike how fracking companies don't have to list what chemicals they use as that is an allowed trade secret. I doubt the frackers can prove their chemicals won't spread outside of the land they use so unknown pollution will occur.

Michigan is finding a variety of water containing PFAS decades after the chemicals entered the environment, I can only assume this is a nationwide problem.

devil21
12-05-2018, 02:17 AM
And the winner is....

China! (but because of no-go land plans per Agenda 21 you'll never see it)

Oh wait, did I jump ahead of the script?

Here's a pertinent question. How does a corporation that is based in the sovereign city of Washington DC lay claim to 900k acres of land in the foreign State of Nevada, in order to sell it to the highest bidder?

Danke
12-05-2018, 06:19 AM
A Texican that is opposed to oil drilling?

More proof you are a Yankee.

He probably doesn't even own a rifle or ever seen a Texas Longhorn.

specsaregood
12-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Yep, that would be the correct thing to do.

I'd prefer it be opened up to homesteaders.

phill4paul
12-05-2018, 06:49 AM
How much do Nevadans get from the spoils?

Origanalist
12-05-2018, 07:30 AM

Even better, lol, I don't know why that never entered my head.

Swordsmyth
12-05-2018, 02:57 PM
That would work too.

Swordsmyth
12-05-2018, 02:58 PM
He probably doesn't even own a rifle or ever seen a Texas Longhorn.
What does he hunt deer with? A pistol or a shotgun?

Danke
12-05-2018, 03:52 PM
What does he hunt deer with? A pistol or a shotgun?

His mom's grocery list.

Aratus
12-09-2018, 08:34 AM
Dude..... rethink this.

A Son of Liberty
12-09-2018, 08:57 AM
I dislike how fracking companies don't have to list what chemicals they use as that is an allowed trade secret. I doubt the frackers can prove their chemicals won't spread outside of the land they use so unknown pollution will occur.

Michigan is finding a variety of water containing PFAS decades after the chemicals entered the environment, I can only assume this is a nationwide problem.

https://fracfocus.org/