PDA

View Full Version : Trump Makes Yuge Deal w China to Reclassify Fentanyl Variations

dannno
12-03-2018, 12:42 AM
Some things about fentanyl you probably didn't know.

It turns out that it has been illegal to export fentanyl from China, but under their laws chemists were able to make slight variations to the molecular structure that did not fall under the law. They were able to legally export them across the globe.

No more. China has changed their laws so that it is no longer legal to export fentanyl or their variations.

It probably won't disappear, but at least it will be a lot less common.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwF4uEpe5ic

Now, I'm not fan of the war on drugs at all. But I think it is sadistic and destructive to make relatively safe drugs illegal while legalizing or making it easier to obtain more dangerous and deadly drugs.

Scott Adams and I are both medical cannabis users.

I can't speak for him, but I think fentanyl should be legal in a more free society. But.. why would anybody do fentanyl if they had access to pure, unadulterated heroin? And many of those people might choose a safer alternative such as opium if it were legal. And yet many more would find that cannabis is sufficient.

So fentanyl likely wouldn't even exist in a free market.

Overall I have to say this is a positive move. It also shows that China is starting to be very cooperative and that Trump's negotiations are moving in a positive direction. It will probably save a lot of lives.

I.e.

China Agrees To Cut Tariffs On Imported Cars

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528916-China-Agrees-To-Cut-Tariffs-On-Imported-Cars

kona
12-03-2018, 02:31 AM
I don't know dannno. My sibling was destroyed by heroin. Alive and well now, thank god, but the carnage it caused on my family was devastating and we are not the same family anymore and probably never will be. I hate this drug like I hate the devil. But at the end of the day our government coerced another government to kill exporters of fentanyl. Not exactly "ending the war on drugs" as we all would like to see. I agree with your hypothetical that if everything were legalized people could buy commercial heroin/opium/whatever and not blindly kill themselves. These are very tough decisions.

Scott Adams is wonderful, btw. He was on Tom Woods's podcast last week too.

tod evans
12-03-2018, 04:19 AM
I don't know dannno. My sibling was destroyed by heroin. Alive and well now, thank god, but the carnage it caused on my family was devastating and we are not the same family anymore and probably never will be. I hate this drug like I hate the devil. But at the end of the day our government coerced another government to kill exporters of fentanyl. Not exactly "ending the war on drugs" as we all would like to see. I agree with your hypothetical that if everything were legalized people could buy commercial heroin/opium/whatever and not blindly kill themselves. These are very tough decisions.

Scott Adams is wonderful, btw. He was on Tom Woods's podcast last week too.

Blaming the drug is akin to blaming guns.

Sure it's less painful but sometimes reality sucks.

Origanalist
12-03-2018, 06:31 AM

You assume a lot of things you probably shouldn't.

dannno
12-03-2018, 09:57 AM
You assume a lot of things you probably shouldn't.

Untrue. Never said, "some things about fentanyl you didn't know"

Origanalist
12-03-2018, 10:15 AM
Lol, whatever.

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Moar drug war = winning? Only in the mind of a Hard-core Trump partisan.

CaptUSA
12-03-2018, 10:40 AM
Now, I'm not fan of the war on drugs at all. But I think it is sadistic and destructive to make relatively safe drugs illegal while legalizing or making it easier to obtain more dangerous and deadly drugs.

So... It's the "as long as we have government-created problems, we need more government" argument. You forgot, "at least it's better than Hillary!"

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 10:47 AM
So... It's the "as long as we have government-created problems, we need more government" argument. You forgot, "at least it's better than Hillary!"

Apparently it's a lot like the situation with tariffs. We have to have more so we can get less. Trump logic.

CaptUSA
12-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Apparently it's a lot like the situation with tariffs. We have to have more so we can get less. Trump logic.

With immigration...
With spending...
With military build ups...
With sanctions...
With bombings...

Basically, anything you want government to stop doing, the government needs to do MORE of it so that it can do less.

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 11:03 AM
With immigration...
With spending...
With military build ups...
With sanctions...
With bombings...

Basically, anything you want government to stop doing, the government needs to do MORE of it so that it can do less.

46D chess. What could possibly go wrong?

dannno
12-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Think of it more like tptb have been sadistically supplying deadly drugs to the population for decades while making it difficult to obtain safer drugs, and Trump is trying to reverse that. Before it was crack and heroin, and when they weren't satisfied they moved to fentanyl. Trump is trying to legalize herb, and stamp out fentanyl. If you know anything, that really isn't that bad, in fact it is positive. Like I said, fentanyl would never exist in the free market.

CaptUSA
12-03-2018, 11:32 AM
Think of it more like tptb have been sadistically supplying deadly drugs to the population for decades while making it difficult to obtain safer drugs, and Trump is trying to reverse that. Before it was crack and heroin, and when they weren't satisfied they moved to fentanyl. Trump is trying to legalize herb, and stamp out fentanyl. If you know anything, that really isn't that bad, in fact it is positive. Like I said, fentanyl would never exist in the free market.

However you need to spin it in your head to keep supporting the orange megalomaniac. :rolleyes:

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 11:34 AM

http://justabgkid.com/TrumpAid.png

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 11:35 AM
However you need to spin it in your head to keep supporting the orange megalomaniac. :rolleyes:

Hey, it's a paycheck.

dannno
12-03-2018, 11:40 AM

There is no spin.. Fentanyl would not exist in a free market. It is the product of the war on drugs, and it is one of the deadliest things we have seen. Not the fake deadly, like what they said in the 30s about cannabis. Even crack and heroin, in pure un-adulterated form are not inherently deadly - they have to be abused. Fentanyl, but nature, is extremely deadly and there is no good use for it and it would not exist in the free market. It is sadistic and destructive to allow crap like that to flourish while making safer drugs illegal and difficult to obtain.

I'm just using my brain.

Origanalist
12-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Hey, it's a paycheck.

If he sprayed that shit on the wall of one of my jobs he would be looking for new employment yesterday.

CaptUSA
12-03-2018, 11:57 AM
There is no spin.. Fentanyl would not exist in a free market. It is the product of the war on drugs, and it is one of the deadliest things we have seen. Not the fake deadly, like what they said in the 30s about cannabis. Even crack and heroin, in pure un-adulterated form are not inherently deadly - they have to be abused. Fentanyl, but nature, is extremely deadly and there is no good use for it and it would not exist in the free market. It is sadistic and destructive to allow crap like that to flourish while making safer drugs illegal and difficult to obtain.

I'm just using my brain.

:facepalming: Read your post again.

You're saying that it wouldn't exist in a free market. And then you say that it's destructive to "allow" those drugs to flourish. Ok, then why not use the free market???! Why call for MOAR government?! Because the Orange Idol is doing it??

Seems like your brain is damaged if that's your logic.

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 11:59 AM

You're saying that it wouldn't exist in a free market. And then you say that it's destructive to "allow" those drugs to flourish. Ok, then why not use the free market???! Why call for MOAR government?! Because the Orange Idol is doing it??

Wake 'n Bakers get such crazy ideas sometimes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHkPIBjyzU0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SolmwnWnWW4

dannno
12-03-2018, 12:12 PM

We don't have a free market..

We should have a free market and legalize all drugs - after which fentanyl would not exist.

It would be like making candy illegal in an elementary school, then saying that candy with arsenic in it is ok. Then handing it out to kids. That is dumb. Legalize candy.. but don't legalize giving kids arsenic. You're essentially saying that you think candy with arsenic would exist in a free market.. it wouldn't.

Just use your brain.

dannno
12-03-2018, 12:15 PM
Wake 'n Bakers get such crazy ideas sometimes:

Apparently you need to smoke some herb and up your IQ a couple points.

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Apparently you need to smoke some herb and up your IQ a couple points.

ROTFL!!!

dannno
12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
ROTFL!!!

You need to regenerate some brain cells.

Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1253627/

acptulsa
12-03-2018, 12:19 PM
You're essentially saying that you think candy with arsenic would exist in a free market.

No he isn't. He didn't say anything even remotely resembling that. He didn't intimate it, hint at it, or allow it might ever be true.

He agreed with you that the shit wouldn't exist in a free market, then suggested a free market would be a better cure for it than Orange Man's War on Drugs.

You hallucinated the rest.

dannno
12-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Some of you wankers don't get it.

What if the government made all food illegal, except for poisonous foods? Then the government started producing and handing out poisonous foods to the population?

If I said they should be prevented from handing out poisonous foods in that situation, would you say people should have the freedom to buy and sell poisonous foods that are going to kill them?

Of course they should have that freedom, in a free market, but there isn't really a market for poisonous foods from a human consumption standpoint when regular food is available. So from a human consumption standpoint, those foods wouldn't exist in a free market. They only exist because the government is producing them and handing them out, and they are only demanded because regular food is illegal by those very same people. These are evil people, and this is their plan. And you are willing to undergo self-destruction because they tricked you into doing something absolutely retarded because you are mindlessly clinging to an ideology.

shakey1
12-03-2018, 12:25 PM
Trump is trying to legalize herb...

will believe it when i see it.

Danke
12-03-2018, 12:27 PM
http://justabgkid.com/TrumpAid.png

It was grape Flavor Aid.

dannno
12-03-2018, 12:27 PM
No he isn't. He didn't say anything even remotely resembling that. He didn't intimate it, hint at it, or allow it might ever be true.

He agreed with you that the shit wouldn't exist in a free market, then suggested a free market would be a better cure for it than Orange Man's War on Drugs.

You hallucinated the rest.

Well that is interesting, because I've said like 20 times that the free market would be a better cure than the war on drugs. So I guess we agree. But as long as drugs are illegal, making fentanyl legal and allowing it to flourish is retarded.

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 12:28 PM
You need to regenerate some brain cells.

Cannabinoids promote embryonic and adult hippocampus neurogenesis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1253627/

It's truly precoius how you seem to believe I give even the tiniest semblance of a fuck what you, in your own arrogance and ignorance, think of my intellectual capabilities. Have a great day now, hear?

CaptUSA
12-03-2018, 12:36 PM
Well that is interesting, because I've said like 20 times that the free market would be a better cure than the war on drugs. So I guess we agree. But as long as drugs are illegal, making fentanyl legal and allowing it to flourish is retarded.

As long as we have a welfare state, we need MOAR government to stop immigration.
As long as the government is doing so many things, we need to increase government spending.
As long as we have blowback, we need a bigger military.
As long as other countries tax their citizens, we need to raise our tariffs.
As long as terrorists are walking free, we need to bomb them.
As long as government is involved in Health Care, we need MOAR government to manage it better...

Oh, and it's better than Hillary. Like I said earlier:

presence
12-03-2018, 12:51 PM
My sibling was destroyed by heroin.

Users are rarely if ever on clean 100% poppy sourced heroin;
since the 90's most of the junk on the streets is at least cut with synthesized "research".

There are are thousands of known fentanyl analogues; perhaps 100,000's more unknown opiods:

https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/tableLandscape.php?domain=tk&property=fentanyl&sort=name

The same is true in mj, cocaine, meth, and psychedelic markets; times have changed. The research spectrum is very broad and its market penetration deeper than one would think; the streets are full of unknowing - I got it from a friend - test subjects who believe they're taking established, well known substances.

As they say,

"Moonshine production shot up in the 1920s,
with many of the new cooks having no idea what they were doing.
As a result, some of the product contained toxic compounds."

dannno
12-03-2018, 01:00 PM
As long as we have a welfare state, we need MOAR government to stop immigration.

I wouldn't say that is always true, but a quick analysis of our current situation would indicate that in order to preserve our FREEDOMS in the future, as a society, it is currently necessary to secure our borders... because the way things are setup now, the rights violations that occur due to unfettered immigration vastly outweighs the rights violations that occur from protecting the border.

In addition, we are letting in people who want to violate the rights we still have even further.

63% of Non-Citizen Households Access Welfare Programs
Compared to 35% of native households

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?528923-63-of-Non-Citizen-Households-Access-Welfare-Programs-Compared-to-35-of-native-households

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEts4rqXUAAKVBZ.jpg

As long as we have blowback, we need a bigger military.

Wrong. The large military expenditures causes the blowback.

As long as other countries tax their citizens, we need to raise our tariffs.

In order to negotiate lower tariffs with other countries, sometimes leverage is needed.

Trump got China to eliminate their 40% tariff on imported cars.

As long as government is involved in Health Care, we need MOAR government to manage it better...

Wrong and irrelevant. China doesn't even need a bigger government, they already have their apparatuses setup to deal with trade, it is just a matter of changing how they deal with this particular item.

CaptUSA
12-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Wrong.

It's all the same, Dannno. You recognize big government is bad, and yet when government causes a problem, you want even MOAR government to fix the problem.

As to this topic, you correctly identified the problem, but your solution is just MOAR of what caused the problem in the first place. By taking your approach (and the Orange conman's), the effect you will undoubtedly see is that there will be a new substitute drug with even more danger. Then, we'll be back here in another decade with you defending MOAR government mandates to solve that problem.

And this goes with all those other issues as well.

presence
12-03-2018, 01:20 PM

dannno
12-03-2018, 01:25 PM
It's all the same, Dannno. You recognize big government is bad, and yet when government causes a problem, you want even MOAR government to fix the problem.

As to this topic, you correctly identified the problem, but your solution is just MOAR of what caused the problem in the first place. By taking your approach (and the Orange conman's), the effect you will undoubtedly see is that there will be a new substitute drug with even more danger. Then, we'll be back here in another decade with you defending MOAR government mandates to solve that problem.

That isn't right at all.

If we are going to have a government, I want a government that protects the most amount of rights as possible and gives us the most freedom possible. If that means asking, or voting or hoping that politicians - who I recognize are the problem in the first place - to form policies that maximize my rights, I'm ok with that.

If that means sitting back and watching the government create a situation that is going to turn us into a commie hell hole, then I am opposed.

The government exists, so rights are going to be violated. The question is how do we maximize our freedom and minimize rights violations.

Allowing unfettered immigration while we have a huge welfare state is going to maximize rights violations and minimize freedom. A much better alternative is border security, even though that includes a small amount of rights violations, it is far fewer than the alternative. An even better alternative to border security would be getting rid of the welfare state. But I'm not going to sit back and do neither, then end up with the worse rights violations you can possibly imagine. That is the worst decision you can possibly make.

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 01:27 PM

As usual your analysis is spot on. This is precisely the kind of behavior on the part of "liberty advocates" over the last half century or so that got us where we are today. So, naturally, the wisest course of action now would be to double down on it?!?!? I can't quite put my finger on it but there seems to be a tiny little flaw inthat plan.

presence
12-03-2018, 01:34 PM
Wrong. The large military expenditures causes the blowback.

wait so you're saying free cheese for everyone isn't causing an invasion of commie rats?

CCTelander
12-03-2018, 01:39 PM
That isn't right at all.

If we are going to have a government, I want a government that protects the most amount of rights as possible and gives us the most freedom possible. If that means asking, or voting or hoping that politicians - who I recognize are the problem in the first place - to form policies that maximize my rights, I'm ok with that.

If that means sitting back and watching the government create a situation that is going to turn us into a commie hell hole, then I am opposed.

The government exists, so rights are going to be violated. The question is how do we maximize our freedom and minimize rights violations.

Allowing unfettered immigration while we have a huge welfare state is going to maximize rights violations and minimize freedom. A much better alternative is border security, even though that includes a small amount of rights violations, it is far fewer than the alternative. An even better alternative to border security would be getting rid of the welfare state. But I'm not going to sit back and do neither, then end up with the worse rights violations you can possibly imagine. That is the worst decision you can possibly make.

One massive false dilemma fallacy. There are many more possible options beside the two extremes you're trying to portray as the only possible choices. But I'm pretty sure you already know that.

dannno
12-03-2018, 02:09 PM
wait so you're saying free cheese for everyone isn't causing an invasion of commie rats?

Of course it is.. and that would be the preferable way to deal with it. If I could press a button and deal with it that way, that would be awesome.

But that isn't a practical reality at the moment.. protecting the border is somewhat of a practical reality. The question is whether protecting the border is better than not. Protecting the border is government action. But it's also Constitutional government action, which doesn't excuse it entirely, but it also happens to be preferable to not protecting the border, draining our resources and turning the country even more leftist.

dannno
12-03-2018, 02:10 PM
One massive false dilemma fallacy. There are many more possible options beside the two extremes you're trying to portray as the only possible choices. But I'm pretty sure you already know that.

You think that ending entitlements/welfare is potentially a practical reality in our current system?

I would love for it to happen, I just don't see a path to it. I see a path to protecting the border - a constitutional path, and a practical path.

fcreature
12-03-2018, 02:33 PM
My first, longest and best friend of 25+ years died very recently from an unclean heroin overdose. He was also a libertarian, an early 2006 Ron Paul supporter and champion of personal freedom.

He had his fair share of personal struggles and mental health problems which put him on this path - but he was keenly aware of his problems and was actively and purposefully working on bettering himself and improving his condition. One slip after 6 months of complete sobriety and a bad batch of heroin ended his life. And this was someone who was educated about safe drug use.

To this day, the entire situation seems unreal and unbelievable.

I don't know how this has affected my views on these issues as I'm still working through that but it has certainly made an impact on me.

The fentanyl problem is very, very real.

Ender
12-03-2018, 03:07 PM
Some of you wankers don't get it.

What if the government made all food illegal, except for poisonous foods? Then the government started producing and handing out poisonous foods to the population?

If I said they should be prevented from handing out poisonous foods in that situation, would you say people should have the freedom to buy and sell poisonous foods that are going to kill them?

Of course they should have that freedom, in a free market, but there isn't really a market for poisonous foods from a human consumption standpoint when regular food is available. So from a human consumption standpoint, those foods wouldn't exist in a free market. They only exist because the government is producing them and handing them out, and they are only demanded because regular food is illegal by those very same people. These are evil people, and this is their plan. And you are willing to undergo self-destruction because they tricked you into doing something absolutely retarded because you are mindlessly clinging to an ideology.

Eh....most all the "legal" food in 'Murika IS poisonous.

Try buying or selling raw milk.

Swordsmyth
12-03-2018, 03:15 PM
Users are rarely if ever on clean 100% poppy sourced heroin;
since the 90's most of the junk on the streets is at least cut with synthesized "research".

There are are thousands of known fentanyl analogues; perhaps 100,000's more unknown opiods:

https://isomerdesign.com/PiHKAL/tableLandscape.php?domain=tk&property=fentanyl&sort=name

The same is true in mj, cocaine, meth, and psychedelic markets; times have changed. The research spectrum is very broad and its market penetration deeper than one would think; the streets are full of unknowing - I got it from a friend - test subjects who believe they're taking established, well known substances.

As they say,

"Moonshine production shot up in the 1920s,
with many of the new cooks having no idea what they were doing.
As a result, some of the product contained toxic compounds."
And with both moonshine and drugs the feds have been known to taint them on purpose.

presence
12-03-2018, 05:17 PM
Of course it is.. and that would be the preferable way to deal with it. If I could press a button and deal with it that way, that would be awesome.

I could fix the whole problem with one small sign:

Welcome to USA:
You may work, pray, travel, marry, and keep a home
You may not claim benefits

hocus pocus, no budget, no taxes, nothing to upkeep, problem solved

next?

dannno
12-03-2018, 05:35 PM

Welcome to USA:

next?

Ya, that's called pressing a button. If I could do that, I would.

Getting rid of welfare/entitlements, we should absolutely be working toward that.. but it's really not a practical reality at the moment. There are way too many people dependent on them, and way too many other people who think we need a government safety net.

On the other hand, the majority of the population wants to protect the border.. Normally I'd be in the minority, but in this case if we don't, well, we certainly won't end entitlements.. in fact they will just get bigger, and we will have a bigger leftist voting block to deal with.

Wooden Indian
12-03-2018, 06:25 PM

Welcome to USA:

next?

I like it, but one small addition....

"You may not vote or claim benefits"

Otherwise, 4 years after the sign went up, it would be replaced with, "Welcome to USA:
You are entitled to Equality of Outcome and Free Shit."

Swordsmyth
12-03-2018, 06:33 PM
I like it, but one small addition....

"You may not vote or claim benefits"

Otherwise, 4 years after the sign went up, it would be replaced with, "Welcome to USA:
You are entitled to Equality of Outcome and Free $#@!."
Add "your children won't be citizens and you can't stay forever" or it will just take a few decades longer.

Ender
12-03-2018, 06:45 PM

Welcome to USA:

next?

Perfect.

Swordsmyth
12-03-2018, 06:49 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by presence http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=6716066#post6716066)

Welcome to USA:

next?

Perfect.

Because signs work by themselves?

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbestgunreviews.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F02%2Fgun-free-zone-concealed-carry.gif&f=1

enhanced_deficit
05-12-2019, 12:05 AM

It turns out that it has been illegal to export fentanyl from China, but under their laws chemists were able to make slight variations to the molecular structure that did not fall under the law. They were able to legally export them across the globe.

No more. China has changed their laws so that it is no longer legal to export fentanyl or their variations.

It probably won't disappear, but at least it will be a lot less common.

Bold leadership in war on drugs.

Cops rethinking Swat raid tactics due to fentanyl......... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?511218-Cops-rethinking-Swat-raid-tactics-due-to-fentanyl&)

Trump wants to spend more on opioid task force that found 0.2 grams of heroin in week-long sting

The White House wants to quadruple the budget for a Department of Interior policing effort modeled on dead-ender Drug War ideas.

Alan Pyke Apr 17, 2019

Click here to view the original image of 979x652px.
https://i1.wp.com/thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/GettyImages-1080039408.jpg President Donald Trump, pictured here at a dope-on-the-table press conference with immigration officials in January, is seeking a fourfold increase in funding for a federal task force with dubious results. CREDIT: JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images A week-long specialized opioid policing operation in Arizona seized 0.2 grams of heroin in March, inadvertently illustrating the shortcomings of the Trump administration’s response to the overdose and addiction epidemic.
Officers from a half-dozen agencies also netted more meaningful quantities of marijuana and methamphetamine in the eight-day crackdown, which was convened under the aegis of the Interior Department’s (DOI) Opioid Reduction Task Force.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-want...-5344fe5fb552/ (https://thinkprogress.org/trump-wants-to-spend-more-on-opioid-task-force-that-found-0-2-grams-of-heroin-in-week-long-sting-arizona-5344fe5fb552/)

China announces new crackdown on fentanyl in win for US President Trump
By Steven Jiang and Ben Westcott, CNN
Mon April 1, 2019
Beijing (CNN)The Chinese government will add fentanyl-related substances to their list of controlled drugs from May 1, in a move aimed at curtailingthe manufacturing and distribution of one of the world's most powerful opioids.