PDA

View Full Version : The most effectice way to spend a large chunk of future donations

opensource_party
12-13-2007, 08:17 AM
Ron Paul is raising obscene amounts of money right now. He is going to easily raise, in 3 days, at least $6,000,000. This man is going to top about $18,000,000 at minimum, for the 4th quarter, which is still an insanely conservative estimate. I think most people were surprised by how much was raised on November 5th.

Honestly, ad time, not cost, is really the only limiting factor, in terms of marketing. Something needs to be done quick...

There are companies out there that conduct focus groups. You basically pay them to form an accurate as possible cross section of their target audience's opinion of something. The greater the sample, the more accurate the representation of the sample pool. Typically, manufacturers looking to push new products to the market pay these marketing companies to hire enormous samples of people, to essentially... perfect their products. This obviously has huge returns...Create the perfect ad that has the greatest possible impact on an accurately sized up target audience.

I recently attended one of these focus groups. I was paid $185 to give my opinion about a trial. I had no idea what it was about going into it. We participated as if we were a mock jury, set up similar to a court room. The stated payment was about $185 and it was supposed to be 8 hours long. I got very little sleep the night before, so I needed the good old American drug of caffeine to get me through the day. By the fourth hour, my attention was waning. It ended up being about 5 1/2 hours. Needless to say, by the end I was glad to get my paycheck. I used a vacation day at work, and did that focus group at the same time. I would consider my wages pretty good, just about above the bottom rung in the middle class. I pull in $120 a day, after taxes, so $185 was very attractive to me.

So...lets set a focus group up, and cater to the participants, more than any other survey in the history of surveys. Pamper these participants, really well. This way, you will be able to extract so much knowledge. You are essentially coaxing it out of them willingly. The more coaxing that is done, the better the information. And frankly, coaxing, at a very attractive level could be done by paying the participants no more than $500 per participant, maybe even less. I really haven't thought about the figures at all. Start late. Let them sleep in. Start at 10 am. Have an amazing breakfast, catered, the works. Make sure you give them ample time, before. Then ask them a couple questions; real deep, intense. Give them lots of time; let them do them on computers, cheap computers. Actually no, let the market research company hash out all the details on how to structure the day. After all, that is what they get paid to do. Target every city across the country, every major metropolitan area. Start with the early states, and gradually work your way to the rest. I would estimate that this could be achieved, with the cost being no more than $1000 per person. Again, this is an extremely rough estimate. In reality, it could easily be much less.

We could turn this into the next money bomb. Maybe even Ron Paul himself could contribute if this idea gained enough popularity.

Now, what if this idea, was funded, ran, everything by either grassroots supporters, the campaign, or both. The fund raising aspect that is…

What if we paid a company to do the rest for us. I am currently a computer programmer for a company based in Columbus called Variable Data Marketing. We are currently a marketing entity, primarily providing services to a company called the Suppliesguys. It can be found at Suppliesguys.com. They deal in high end printer cartridges, ink supplies, etc. One of my primary responsibilities is data mining. I extract samplings of customers from huge databases of customer records. These mailers are tailored to the individual needs of the customer, based on what the customer ordered, order frequency, quantity, etc. and, in the future, much more complicated associations. I basically built the system from the ground up and run the whole backend. We are a small office, of 5 people. We have 2 programmers, an amazing artist/graphics designer ( http://www.hallcreativegroup.com), and essentially 2 marketing experts, a boss who passed on all his knowledge of Adwords and Search Engine Optimization to a fellow coworker, and the fellow coworker. The boss does a lot of managing aspects of the office. I consider myself in terms of programming style more logic/problem solving oriented, versus by the book programming; I don't always comment my code and I operate with a complete working knowledge and understanding of each system I deal with. My coworker has all the best practices of coding down, and even more importantly, security. He can lock any system down and keep it down. Nothing unauthorized is going in or out. I lead a project for an anonymous company where files were transferred, over a secure ftp tunnel, and encrypted with 128 bit GPG encryption. I automated the process, and it was extremely secure. This guy would lock it down even 10x further than that. For a while, it was a point of contention, he was a control freak, but realistically, no one is getting into any system he locks down. We were hacked once, well, we weren't, our hosting company was, and they stepped up their security procedures, and my coworker, did so about 100 times over.

My point is I would like to just dive into this project. I think we could get it done, big, fast, and right. The only way I can ensure this, is if it was essentially my job. I am good at what I do, but it is definitely not my passion. Politics, Economics, and now Ron Paul are. Variable Data Marketing, and the Supplieguys are owned by a parent company named American Internet Holdings. This Corporate like structure has sprung up extremely recently. We are set to expand essentially. The owner is very laid back and basically open to whatever makes money. Period...I love the people I work with and they are really good at what they do to. I really want to give this team I have assembled. Plus I would like to be able to train someone to replace all my duties so that I could divert all my focus. If a profit margin was built in, for the company I worked for, I would maintain my same salary and give them an incentive to hire someone else to replace my duties. Essentially it would become my job to manage this. And frankly, my job is the main thing in my life that I am focused on. If my focus and passions converged, well ladies and gentlemen, I think we could get Ron Paul Elected. I just feel like I have so much energy right now.

This data could be kept so tight lipped. So secret, the establishment would never even know what hit them. It would be devastating, and imagine the more money it will bring in. I say let’s make this big...

Knowledge is power...

LBT
12-13-2007, 08:25 AM
too long....make it 2 paragraphs.

If you believe in it, start a website, put the intro into it.

Not being mean, just giving 2c on how to spark some interest and how to show you're willing to give an idea legs.