PDA

View Full Version : Trump makes 2020 fundraising pitch: Our accounts took a 'MASSIVE' hit in midterms

Zippyjuan
11-28-2018, 01:05 PM
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/418717-trump-makes-2020-fundraising-pitch-our-accounts-took-a-massive-hit-in

President Trump on Wednesday sent out a fundraising pitch for his 2020 reelection, saying campaign coffers were substantially emptied as he protected the Republicans’ Senate majority in this month’s midterm elections.

“Our accounts took a MASSIVE hit. Not only did we have to fight off the Democrats in the midterms, we then had to stop them from trying to STEAL elections from us during recounts,” Trump said in the email.

“I even transferred millions from my re-election campaign to protect our Senate majority. With the very first end-of-month deadline of the 2020 election cycle coming up, I need YOUR help right now replenishing our accounts for our re-election.”

Every donation made through the email would be matched threefold, it said.

Democratic candidates massively out fundraised their Republican opponents this midterm cycle, particularly with small donations made over the internet. However, Republicans, while losing control of the House were able to expand their Senate majority to 53-47.

The president was heavily involved in the election cycle, going on a campaign blitz across the country, focusing mostly on GOP Senate candidates trying to unseat Democrats in states that went red in 2016.

Multiple races wound up with tight contests, with the Florida gubernatorial and Senate races going to recounts that Trump slammed as Democratic efforts at voter fraud to change the result. The Republican candidates in each race were declared the winners after their respective ballots were tallied.

Trump’s ultimate Democratic opponent in 2020 will be forced to spend heavily to survive what is expected to be a crowded primary field.

acptulsa
11-28-2018, 01:29 PM
What was all that I heard in 2016 about him self-funding, so he didn't have to go to the special interests--or us--and beg?

CCTelander
11-28-2018, 01:48 PM
What was all that I heard in 2016 about him self-funding, so he didn't have to go to the special interests--or us--and beg?

You don't actually expect the man to say what he means and do what he says, do you. How quaint. :sarcasm:

Zippyjuan
11-28-2018, 01:53 PM

Then he started having fundraisers almost as soon as he took office.

https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article215903015.html

Trump raised $135M at 29 fundraisers. But nearly half the events were for himself

WASHINGTON

President Donald Trump has headlined 29 fundraisers since he was sworn into office, raising at least $135 million — but unlike the five previous presidents, nearly half of the events benefited himself, instead of just his party or candidates, according to an analysis by McClatchy.

Trump is the first U.S. president since at least the 1970s to raise money for his own re-election campaign during the first two years of his term when the political world’s attention is usually focused on midterm elections for Congress. And Trump has held the fewest total fundraisers at this point in his term since Jimmy Carter, according to records of presidential fundraising compiled by Brendan J. Doherty, a political science professor at the U.S. Naval Academy.

That’s a sign he’s more focused on himself and less tied to his party 18 months into presidency.

“While he has helped his re-election campaign and the RNC to raise record sums of money, his fundraising for other parts of his party has fallen short of his predecessors’ efforts, which could be due to President Trump’s lack of long-standing ties to the Republican Party,” Doherty said.

Thirteen of the 29 fundraisers Trump has headlined through the end of July benefited the Trump Victory Fund or the Trump Make America Great Again Committee, joint fundraising committees that can collect six-figure checks and split the cash between Trump’s campaign as well as the Republican National Committee and state Republican parties.

Ender
11-28-2018, 01:56 PM
You don't actually expect the man to say what he means and do what he says, do you. How quaint. :sarcasm:

Shocked, I tell ya. :bigpoo:

enhanced_deficit
11-28-2018, 02:01 PM
Who will pick up tab for next phase of GOP MAGA's Left Wing neocons electioneering, Adelson or Soros or someone new?

Related

Soros vs Adelson, whose political funding is better for cause of liberty? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527899-Soros-vs-Adelson-whose-political-funding-is-better-for-cause-of-liberty&)

acptulsa
11-28-2018, 02:02 PM
Then he started having fundraisers almost as soon as he took office. ]

Don't lie.

He started having fundraisers almost before he threw his hat in the ring.