PDA

View Full Version : Trump floats official global Ministry of Truth network

devil21
11-27-2018, 11:35 PM
....hopes everyone is sufficiently numbed and dumb to think it's ok and not like other authoritarian countries that he claims to oppose. Surely Trump knows that the CIA already controls the MSM, so this is just making it official.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/11/trump-proposes-state-run-tv-network-to-tell-world-how-great-america-is/

President Donald Trump yesterday proposed creating a government-run TV network that would broadcast globally to show the world how great America is.

Swordsmyth
11-27-2018, 11:46 PM
https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3ivvDRE GaQRVu%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

CaptUSA
11-28-2018, 12:26 AM
All the signs of a megalomaniac with means. Sad that megalomania is so appealing to some people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

People with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are characterized by persistent grandiosity, excessive need for admiration, and a personal disdain and lack of empathy for others. As such, the person with NPD usually displays arrogance and a distorted sense of superiority, and they seek to establish abusive power and control over others. Self-confidence (a strong sense of self) is different from narcissistic personality disorder; people with NPD typically value themselves over others to the extent that they openly disregard the feelings and wishes of others, and expect to be treated as superior, regardless of their actual status or achievements. Moreover, the person with narcissistic personality disorder usually exhibits a fragile ego (self-concept), intolerance of criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in order to validate their own superiority.

timosman
11-28-2018, 12:45 AM
All the signs of a megalomaniac with means. Sad that megalomania is so appealing to some people.

Do we have to bring Hillary into every conversation? :confused:

DamianTV
11-28-2018, 02:07 AM
Funny how both the Ministry of Truth and the Censors seem to be the SAME FUCKING PEOPLE. The same ones that edit and surpress the TRUTH and publish ONLY LIES.

CaptUSA
11-28-2018, 09:15 AM
Do we have to bring Hillary into every conversation? :confused:

Are you starting to see that there's no real difference between them?

We've given the Federal Executive so much power that it takes someone afflicted with NPD to think they're qualified to run it.

Danke
11-28-2018, 10:07 AM
The U.S. Agency for Global Media (USAGM), formerly the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), is an independent agency of the United States government.

Or TV Marti?

PAF
11-28-2018, 10:59 AM
Question: If it walks like one and quacks like one, what is it?

Answer: A Globalist

pcosmar
11-28-2018, 11:36 AM
It has been so ever since Nimrod.

acptulsa
11-28-2018, 01:23 PM
https://spectator.us/trump-americas-orthodoxies/

As far as the prestige media in the United States are concerned, Donald Trump is irredeemable. Within the ranks of our journalistic elite, the 45th president of the United States represents a secular version of the antichrist. Apart from permanently retiring to Mar-a-Lago forthwith, there is nothing that Trump can do that will find favor with the New York Times, the Washington Post, and likeminded journalistic enterprises both large and small.

On the one hand, I’m OK with that. Trump is an incompetent buffoon. The sooner he’s gone from American public life, the better.

On the other hand, obsessing about Trump – the ongoing compulsion to find fault with everything that he says, does, or touches – prevents us from appreciating dark truths that Trump’s presidency reveals about contemporary American politics. That those revelations are inadvertent does not make them any less valuable. For those willing to set aside their prejudices, the Trump presidency is a civics lesson of unparalleled richness. Trump lays bare for all to see the smelly little orthodoxies of American politics – the smugness, cant, and pervasive corruption.

Not least among Trump’s distinguishing qualities is his refusal to act the way that American statesmen in the 21st century are expected to act. He won’t recite the standard clichés – or if he does it’s when reading off a teleprompter without even a modicum of sincerity. Whether on diplomatic missions or in dealing with the other branches of government, he routinely violates standard protocols. He cares not one whit for precedent. To anyone he dislikes, a category including all Democrats, more than a few members of his own party, and virtually the entire Fourth Estate except for Fox News, he doesn’t even pretend to politeness or respect.

To Trump’s supporters out in the hinterland, his bull-in-a-china-shop behavior only adds to his appeal. They find his animus toward Washington elites altogether refreshing. With Ringling Brothers now out of business, Donald Trump’s twitter feed has become ‘The Greatest Show on Earth’.

To Trump’s antagonists, his rude and crude actions offer further evidence of his unfitness for office. Recent examples – questioning the apolitical nature of the judiciary, casting doubt on the CIA’s assessment regarding Saudi complicity in the assassination of Jamal Ahmad Khashoggi, and ordering US forces to guard the southern border – only confirm the obvious: This guy has no business being president.

True enough: He doesn’t. Yet upon closer examination, Trump’s recent bout of intemperate actions and pronouncements invite us to reflect on the underbelly of American politics.

Consider the judiciary. Last week Trump complained about an ‘Obama judge’ interfering with his administration’s asylum policy. Chief Justice John Roberts immediately fired back: There are no Obama judges or Trump judges or Bush judges or Clinton judges, he wrote, ‘only dedicated judges doing their level best to do equal right to those appearing before them’.

Yet no one in Washington actually believes that. Both parties and their sympathizers firmly believe that the judiciary is highly politicized, hence, the partisan considerations that pervade any and all discussions regarding the makeup of the Supreme Court. The controversies surrounding the recent confirmation of Justice Brett Kavanaugh offer a vivid reminder of that fact. So too does liberal determination to keep Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the court, regardless of her age and frailties, lest Trump have the opportunity to appoint another ‘Trump justice’.

Trump’s assertion that the opinions of a judge appointed by Obama may carry a partisan taint undermines a fiction that the political establishment finds it convenient to indulge. That is his sin. Yet however unintentionally, he thereby invites attention to the implications of sustaining that fiction.

As for Trump’s raising doubts about the CIA’s conclusion regarding the Khashoggi affair, there are, to put it mildly, ample grounds to question the competence and credibility of the US intelligence apparatus. From the Iranian coup of 1953 to the Bay of Pigs debacle of 1961 to the ‘slam dunk’ of Saddam Hussein’s weapons of mass destruction and the resort to torture after 9/11, the CIA has accumulated a remarkable record of recklessness, bungling, and disregard for basic moral principles.

In this instance, Trump may or may not be correct. Yet the willingness of Trump’s critics, especially members of the Washington press corps, to accept the CIA’s judgment at face value testifies not to the Agency’s proven record of veracity, but to their own willingness to subordinate all other considerations to their animus against Trump. If a president – any president – questions conclusions reached by the CIA, so should the rest of us, at least until ample evidence to the contrary is presented. We’ve been suckered too many times not to do so.

Finally, let us acknowledge that Trump’s deployment of US regulars to protect the southern border against an invading horde of refugees just prior to the midterm elections did nothing to enhance national security. It was indeed a political stunt. Yet this stunt merely offers a particularly egregious example of long-established practice. US presidents routinely exploit their role as commander-in-chief for political purposes. Recall George W. Bush’s infamous 2003 appearance on the flight deck of the USS Abraham Lincoln, a notably vivid but hardly unique example of a president using troops as props in what was, for all practical purposes, a televised campaign rally.

There are countless other examples of US military members being exploited to create photo ops that cast presidents in a favorable light. Without exception these events divert soldiers from their assigned duties, while wasting their time and taxpayer dollars. We should find any such misuse of US forces unacceptable, but not merely when Donald Trump is the offender.

It's like football season. Partisans are all stirred up against other partisans. Both head coaches are reprehensible characters that will rape our daughters with equal alacrity and vigor. But for all the vile spewed on that other teams Molester in Chief, a true fan will deliver his own thirteen year old to his favorite team's coach on a silver platter.

There's no accounting for it.

And when you try to call them on it, they come up with something that makes about this much sense...

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3ivvDRE GaQRVu%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

...then try to jolly onlookers into laughing at you like an elementary school bully.

Swordsmyth
11-28-2018, 02:34 PM
https://spectator.us/trump-americas-orthodoxies/

It's like football season. Partisans are all stirred up against other partisans. Both head coaches are reprehensible characters that will rape our daughters with equal alacrity and vigor. But for all the vile spewed on that other teams Molester in Chief, a true fan will deliver his own thirteen year old to his favorite team's coach on a silver platter.

There's no accounting for it.

And when you try to call them on it, they come up with something that makes about this much sense...

...then try to jolly onlookers into laughing at you like an elementary school bully.

Proving that you don't understand my point, Trump says these wild things to distract his opponents and get them to chase after his laser dot, TDS victims everywhere are wasting their time on this nonsense instead of other more important things.

The government already has many propaganda outlets and Trump isn't going to do anything about this idea.

enhanced_deficit
11-28-2018, 02:35 PM
Would be refreshing to have gummit run TV network that would not tell lies or report fakenews.

#MAGA

acptulsa
11-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Proving that you don't understand my point, Trump says these wild things to distract his opponents and get them to chase after his laser dot, TDS victims everywhere are wasting their time on this nonsense instead of other more important things.

The government already has many propaganda outlets and Trump isn't going to do anything about this idea.

It looks to me like he's proposing reviving the Voice if America. Given his conceit that he himself us some kind of boon to television, and given how much he has always enjoyed spending other people's money, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't do it.

devil21
11-28-2018, 09:41 PM

Where do I get one of your snazzy Trump Decoder Rings that apparently tells you when Trump is lying or when he's being honest about his desires.

Swordsmyth
11-28-2018, 09:42 PM
Where do I get one of your snazzy Trump Decoder Rings that apparently tells you when Trump is lying or when he's being honest about his desires.
You understand him or you don't.

devil21
11-28-2018, 09:47 PM
You understand him or you don't.

What's the formula? Can't be difficult to explain.

Swordsmyth
11-28-2018, 09:51 PM
What's the formula? Can't be difficult to explain.
It's not a formula, you either understand his type of drunken monkey tactics or you don't, the only way to learn is to watch someone like him with an open mind.

devil21
11-28-2018, 10:02 PM
It's not a formula, you either understand his type of drunken monkey tactics or you don't, the only way to learn is to watch someone like him with an open mind.

So.....you got nothin'.

pcosmar
11-28-2018, 10:03 PM

I play chess that way..

but that is a game,, and I ain't President.

It is easy to articulate my observation..
He is a Narcissistic Clown with no principles whatsoever.. and will do whatever his master allows him to get away with.

Swordsmyth
11-28-2018, 10:04 PM
So.....you got nothin'.
I have my understanding and opinion and I never claimed anything else.

devil21
11-28-2018, 10:06 PM
I have my understanding and opinion and I never claimed anything else.

And I asked for an explanation of your understanding. "Drunken Monkey" is not an explanation since neither of us have ever seen a drunken monkey enough to study how one behaves. Should be easy to articulate how you determine which file to place his statements into.

acptulsa
11-28-2018, 10:12 PM
And I asked for an explanation of your understanding. "Drunken Monkey" is not an explanation since neither of us have ever seen a drunken monkey enough to study how one behaves. Should be easy to articulate how you determine which file to place his statements into.

Well, his track record over time is abysmal. So, clearly he isn't even trying to accurately separate Trump fact from Trumpshit.

He makes excuses as best he can, like everyone with Right Wing TDS. And like everyone with Right Wing TDS, he treats those who disagree with him like idiots who can't see the obvious--even though their track records of seeing the obvious are all better than his.

Swordsmyth
11-28-2018, 10:14 PM
Drunken monkey is a style of martial art where the practitioner behaves erratically in order to confuse his opponent.

I can't explain an instinctual understanding, I recognize his behavior on a subconscious level.

The best I can do is to say that when he says something particularly wild and likely to cause the MSM to go into a frenzy you can be reasonably sure it is a distraction.

devil21
11-28-2018, 10:16 PM
Well, his track record over time is abysmal. So, clearly he isn't even trying to accurately separate Trump fact from Trumpshit.

He makes excuses as best he can, like everyone with Right Wing TDS.

Oh I know SS is full of shit. It's just mildly entertaining to call him out sometimes and see how ridiculous of a spin he can come up with.

My understanding is very easy to articulate. If Trump says it, assume it's bullshit or at least a false cover story for something else, unless it's advocating for increased authoritarianism/police state, then assume truth.

So far it's worked pretty well.

acptulsa
11-28-2018, 10:17 PM
The best I can do is to say that when he says something particularly wild and likely to cause the MSM to go into a frenzy you can be reasonably sure it is a distraction.

And we can be 100% certain it will succeed in distracting dannno and you.

CCTelander
11-28-2018, 11:32 PM
Oh I know SS is full of shit. It's just mildly entertaining to call him out sometimes and see how ridiculous of a spin he can come up with.

My understanding is very easy to articulate. If Trump says it, assume it's bullshit or at least a false cover story for something else, unless it's advocating for increased authoritarianism/police state, then assume truth.

So far it's worked pretty well.

A very succinct explanation of Trumpspeak. I'd +rep you if I could.

CaptUSA
11-28-2018, 11:46 PM
Drunken monkey is a style of martial art where the practitioner behaves erratically in order to confuse his opponent.

I can't explain an instinctual understanding, I recognize his behavior on a subconscious level.

Said every mark everywhere. If you were wise enough to spot the scam, you'd realize what you're "recognizing" are symptoms of NPD - otherwise known as megalomania.

Drunk Monkey? No. Power Drunk. On a decades-long bender.

Swordsmyth
11-29-2018, 12:01 AM
Said every mark everywhere. If you were wise enough to spot the scam, you'd realize what you're "recognizing" are symptoms of NPD - otherwise known as megalomania.

Drunk Monkey? No. Power Drunk. On a decades-long bender.

You can believe that if you wish.

CaptUSA
11-29-2018, 12:35 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9kL1Nm57bw

God protect us from the thoughts in some men's minds
God protect us from the pain it leaves behind
Now you see him against the sky
Believin' in his own lies

Cause he's power drunk
yeah, look at his eyes

acptulsa
11-29-2018, 12:29 PM

You believe what you wish. His beliefs are influenced not by his wishes, but by the available evidence.

That's the difference between a partisan and a realist.

Dr.3D
11-29-2018, 12:35 PM
The problem with a Ministry of Truth Network is.... who determines what the truth is? Who's truth are we going to see?