PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire Voters Approve Sweeping Privacy Amendment

Swordsmyth
11-14-2018, 12:17 AM
Over 80 percent of citizens of New Hampshire voted to approve an amendment to the state’s constitution that declares an individual’s privacy to be a natural right that must remain free from government intrusion.

Question 2 on the statewide ballot asked voters in the Granite State to approve or reject the following proposed additional language to the New Hampshire Constitution: “An individual’s right to live free from governmental intrusion in private or personal information is natural, essential, and inherent.”

In New Hampshire, a constitutional amendment needs a two-thirds (66.67 percent) vote vote of electors to be approved, and with 98 percent of the votes counted, 81 percent of the electorate (402,092 voters) approved the amendment.

The results are an impressive victory for the right of the individual to be free from government interference in his life and a significant setback for the ever-expanding surveillance state.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/30630-new-hampshire-voters-approve-sweeping-privacy-amendment

RJ Liberty
11-14-2018, 12:23 AM
That sounds pretty amazing. Wonder how government and big business will fuck it up.

DamianTV
11-14-2018, 02:35 AM
That sounds pretty amazing. Wonder how government and big business will fuck it up.

They will claim they have a Right to SPY because they arent a part of the Govt, and Privacy restricts Govts, not Corporations. Please recall that PERSON = CORPORATION in Legal Law, and Zippy...

shakey1
11-14-2018, 09:06 AM
Did there really need to be a question #2?

jkr
11-14-2018, 10:01 AM
well done!

how do I do it in ohio...HOW DO I DO ANYTHING IN OHIO???

kona
11-14-2018, 06:11 PM
Is this protection from state surveillance, federal surveillance, Facebook, Google? I don't really understand.

kona
11-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Is this protection from state surveillance, federal surveillance, Facebook, Google? I don't really understand.
Bumping. Want to know if this is meaningful or a PR stunt.

PAF
11-18-2018, 10:05 PM
Useless. Natural Rights are already outlined and supposed to be restrictions on government. But that clearly hasn’t been the case. “Voting” is to keep the duopoly system alive; what can be given can be equally be taken away.

Perhaps the people, if they are going to vote, should vote an amendment to incarcerate or worse effective immediately any government/business official/entity from infringing on the natural rights of people.

JKR - I believe Ohio has ballot issues, since you are not a common wealth. Obtain enough petition signatures and it can be on the next ballot, I believe.