PDA

View Full Version : Jerome Corsi says he expects Mueller indictment soon

dannno
11-13-2018, 01:13 PM
Former Infowars editor Jerome Corsi says he expects Mueller indictment soon: 'My only crime was that I support Donald Trump'

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/former-infowars-editor-jerome-corsi-says-he-expects-mueller-indictment-soon-my-only-crime-was-that-i-support-donald-trump

Former Infowars Washington Bureau Chief Jerome Corsi said in a livestream on Monday that he expects to be indicted soon for perjury in Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe, which has already produced dozens of indictments since it began in May 2017.

Corsi said he had recently received a subpoena from two FBI agents who arrived unannounced on Aug. 28 at his home, leaving his wife "startled" just three days before his 72nd birthday.

He added that his ongoing negotiations with Mueller and his team have "just blown up" in the two months since, even though he said he "did everything" he could to cooperate and thought he was "doing a pretty good job" of it, including by turning over two Apple computers to investigators and giving the FBI permission to review all of his email accounts and tweets.

"I fully anticipate that in the next few days I will be indicted by Mueller for some form or other of giving false information to the special counsel or to one of the other grand jury -- or however they want to do the indictment. But I'm going to be criminally charged," he said.

He added: "This has been one of the most frightening experiences of my life. At the end of the two months, my mind was mush."

Corsi, who wrote the anti-President Obama book "The Obama Nation," said he is being targeted for political reasons.

Several of those ensnared by Mueller's probe have faced indictments and convictions for matters unrelated to any illegal collusion with the Russian government. Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, for example, was convicted of unrelated bank fraud and tax crimes that stemmed from his earlier business dealings with Ukrainian officials. U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III, who presided over Manafort's first federal trial, openly accused prosecutors of targeting Manafort to get to Trump.

"Criminals are running the Department of Justice. My crime was that I dared to support Donald Trump," Corsi said in the livestream. "And that supporting President Trump, and since 2004 having written 20 books -- I guess those were my crimes. I guess I'm going to prison for the rest of my life because I dared to oppose the deep state."

He then lamented that he'll "die in prison" because of a "perjury trap," in which he said he was interrogated by authorities with a massive binder full of information and was "quizzed" about various highly specific topics several times for months.