PDA

View Full Version : Whitehouse suspends CNN reporter press pass

spudea
11-07-2018, 07:32 PM

Jim the Accoster

Zippyjuan
11-07-2018, 07:40 PM

Jim the Accoster

Meanwhile Trump named a CNN commentator to take over his Justice Department.

never tolerate a reporter placing his hands on a young woman just trying to do her job as a White House intern

"Put his hands on an intern"? He did not lay hands on her. Fake news. Fox News claimed he pushed her. Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmUAb4Ot_Iw

spudea
11-07-2018, 07:42 PM

"Put his hands on an intern"? Not accurate. Video:

it is accurate, he brings his arm down, touching her, to push her arm away.

euphemia
11-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Acosta is a jerk. Won’t listen, won’t shut up. He’s monopolizing everyone else’s time. Clearly mom never taught him any mannners.

Zippyjuan
11-07-2018, 07:51 PM
it is accurate, he brings his arm down, touching her, to push her arm away.

If that is "unacceptable touching", everybody is guilty of sexual assault every day of their lives.

donnay
11-07-2018, 07:54 PM
Must be something in the name, "Acosta."

Jamesiv1
11-07-2018, 07:54 PM

"Put his hands on an intern"? He never touches her. Fake news. Video:

She reaches for the mic with her left hand, Acosta comes down on her arm with his left arm.

Jamesiv1
11-07-2018, 07:58 PM
If that is "unacceptable touching", everybody is guilty of sexual assault every day of their lives.
Who claimed sexual assault?

Acosta got to ask a couple questions, Trump said "Next", the girl reached for the mic, Acosta wouldn't give it up.

Acosta, you're fired.

Ender
11-07-2018, 08:02 PM
She reaches for the mic with her left hand, Acosta comes down on her arm with his left arm.

If you really look at the video, she touches him first- has her hand over his hand that's holding the mic.

dannno
11-07-2018, 08:02 PM

"Put his hands on an intern"? He never touches her. Fake news. Fox News claimed he pushed her. Video:

28 seconds in, he lays his hands on her, sort of a light karate chop to the arm.

dannno
11-07-2018, 08:03 PM
If you really look at the video, she touches him first- has her hand over his hand that's holding the mic.

That's her job, to take the mic and give it to the next person when their turn is over. The mic is not the personal property of the reporters.

Anti Globalist
11-07-2018, 08:03 PM
Acosta is a scumbag.

Jamesiv1
11-07-2018, 08:07 PM
If you really look at the video without TDS, she's just reaching for the mic cuz that's her job. Acosta knows this and uses his left arm to push her arm away from the mic.

Zippyjuan
28 seconds in, he lays his hands on her, sort of a light karate chop to the arm.

OOh, now it is a karate chop. Hope he didn't break her arm!

acptulsa
Dude was obnoxious as hell. What part of one question each does CNN figure means excepting them?

kahless
11-07-2018, 08:09 PM
If a Republican did this they would have to make a public apology and resign if they were not immediately fired. The cable news networks would be covering it 24x7 for days until he is fired or resigns.

dannno
11-07-2018, 08:12 PM

A light karate chop to the arm is an accurate description of what happened.

I'm not saying it was a big deal or that he hurt her, just that it was uncalled for and the media is lying as usual.

In fact, a reuters reporter on twitter was showing stills of incident and complaining without showing the karate chop.

spudea
11-07-2018, 08:12 PM

thank you for agreeing he did touch her, please edit your #2 post

Jamesiv1
11-07-2018, 08:13 PM
I'm surprised Acosta's press pass wasn't suspended a long time ago. Every video I've seen of him he goes on and on when it's clearly time to give up the mic.

CNN's ratings are in the toilet, however. If they don't go gonzo, they won't have any viewers at all.

TheTexan
11-07-2018, 08:18 PM
Trump has good taste in interns.

Zippyjuan
11-07-2018, 08:44 PM
The incidental contact was just the excuse to ban him.

https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/jim-acosta-suspended-white-house-cnn-1203022818/

Trump has previously threatened to pull a reporter’s credentials on the basis of their coverage. In a tweet he sent in May, he wrote that “the Fake News is working overtime. Just reported that, despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else, 91% of the Network News about me is negative (Fake). Why do we work so hard in working with the media when it is corrupt? Take away credentials?”

During his presidential campaign, his team barred The Washington Post and other outlets from campaign events, typically held in venues that are considered private property or secured under a rental agreement. But the situation is different at the White House, which is government property.

When Trump broached the idea in May, some media law experts said that such a move would not be legal. “Denying White House press credentials to reporters based on the content of their coverage would violate the First Amendment, as the DC Circuit made clear many years ago in Sherrill v. Knight,” said Theodore Boutrous, a partner at Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher in Los Angeles. The case is a 1977 decision in which the court ruled that when it came to bonafide journalists covering the White House, that “access not be denied arbitrarily or for less than compelling reasons,” including the content of their coverage.

From a previous time Trump tried to ban a CNN reporter:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44963659

CNN condemned the ban as "retaliatory" and "not indicative of an open and free press". The White House Correspondents Association called it "wrongheaded, and weak".

Traditional rival Fox News also attacked the ban.

"We stand in strong solidarity with CNN for the right to full access for our journalists as part of a free and unfettered press," network president Jay Wallace said in a statement.

Jamesiv1
11-07-2018, 08:54 PM

https://variety.com/2018/politics/news/jim-acosta-suspended-white-house-cnn-1203022818/
He doesn't have to ban them for content.

How about he ban them for refusing to follow protocol?

You get a question, and a follow-up. Next guy's turn. Acosta breaks this protocol like, every time.

Acosta, you're fired.

spudea
11-07-2018, 09:04 PM

the court made no determination on what would constitute arbitrary or less than compelling reason and deferred that determination to the secret service. They could easily show his escalating shameful behavior over the past 2 years and that would rise to a compelling reason.

I hope he takes it to court. Another drama show to watch.

Still waiting for you to edit your #2 post.

angelatc
11-07-2018, 09:16 PM

Why the hell are you allowed to be here? You denied it happened, then you called it sexual assualt, and now you're mad because ???? Bryan, if we did a GoFundMe, could you make Zippy disappear? We'll buy out his share. Him owning a portion of these forums is the only thing that makes sense in this relationship.

angelatc
11-07-2018, 09:20 PM
He doesn't have to ban them for content.

How about he ban them for refusing to follow protocol?

You get a question, and a follow-up. Next guy's turn. Acosta breaks this protocol like, every time.

Acosta, you're fired.

THis should have happened 2 months ago. If CNN had a shred of integrity, they would have pulled him off the beat when it became obvious the reporter's relationship to the subject became the story. But they're looking for ratings. They were probably hoping that Acosta and Trump would come to blows.

I'm glad this is finally ending.

angelatc
11-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Dude was obnoxious as hell. What part of one question each does CNN figure means excepting them?

Not just obnoxious - the question was straight up "When did you stop beating the caravan?" People are supposed to go to journalism school to NOT ask those type questions

Origanalist
11-07-2018, 09:24 PM
Why the hell are you allowed to be here? You denied it happened, then you called it sexual assualt, and now you're mad because ???? Bryan, if we did a GoFundMe, could you make Zippy disappear? We'll buy out his share. Him owning a portion of these forums is the only thing that makes sense in this relationship.

Post count is priority one.

kahless
11-07-2018, 09:26 PM
Why the hell .....

On twitter it is far worse. They are even saying she attacked him. It is like they all got their marching orders.

Their actions during the press conference were obviously coordinated, they got the response they wanted and now the pre-planned social media response.

oyarde
11-07-2018, 09:29 PM
If I go to the airport I have to do what they say , if these people go to the white house they have to do what they are expected . Next

Origanalist
11-07-2018, 09:31 PM
On twitter it is far worse. They are even saying she attacked him. It is like they all got their marching orders.

Their actions during the press conference were obviously coordinated, they got the response they wanted and now the pre-planned social media response.

Your avatar has me rolling on the floor girl.

enhanced_deficit
11-07-2018, 09:31 PM

I'm not seeing any evidence where she assaulted a member of the press? Neither there was mic snatching.

That said, he was unpolite. When someone from team MAGA requests the mic, why not oblige the request in the interest of freedom of speech harmony?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBQBqk06rvo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBQBqk06rvo

Swordsmyth
11-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Post count is priority one.
Maybe we could get people to commit to making extra posts.

kahless
11-07-2018, 09:37 PM
Your avatar has me rolling on the floor girl.

Just when I thought people would stop calling me a girl if I switched back to my pre-2016 avatar away from the pretty eagle one :)

Swordsmyth
11-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Why the hell are you allowed to be here? You denied it happened, then you called it sexual assualt, and now you're mad because ???? @Bryan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=2), if we did a GoFundMe, could you make Zippy disappear? We'll buy out his share. Him owning a portion of these forums is the only thing that makes sense in this relationship.

You must spread some reputation around.....

pcosmar
11-07-2018, 09:41 PM

You do it all to yourself..

Personally,, I think you make a Fine Forum Fool.

you can be proud

Origanalist
11-07-2018, 10:06 PM
Just when I thought people would stop calling me a girl if I switched back to my pre-2016 avatar away from the pretty eagle one :)

Some people still call me cat..

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/47/f8/5d/47f85d307e90a23a73727d4fee0160a5.jpg

kahless
11-07-2018, 11:29 PM
https://i.imgur.com/l5ebUgE.gif
Jeff Zucker is done if she ends up with a black and blue mark tomorrow.

nobody's_hero
11-08-2018, 04:42 AM
Acosta never even thanked everyone for coming out to his press conference. It was all about him right?

dude58677
11-08-2018, 07:35 AM
This isn’t the act of a tyrant but the act of a celebrity who is pissed off at stupid questions on a daily basis by the media:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7cu5-_kxXBg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VXoPiYHllpQ

fcreature
11-08-2018, 07:54 AM
About time. The guy is a scumbag. And incredibly rude.

Now all the nutbag bleeding heart liberals on Twitter are saying the intern attacked Acosta. The same people who are all about believing and supporting women in all circumstances, right?

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Now all the nutbag bleeding heart liberals on Twitter are saying the intern attacked Acosta. The same people who are all about believing and supporting women in all circumstances, right?

If they bother you, remind them Acosta's a white male.

RJB
11-08-2018, 08:37 AM
True, Trump does not act classy and presidential like Reagan. However, no one at CNN acts classy like Walter Cronkite.

shakey1
11-08-2018, 08:45 AM
Media whore.

Influenza
11-08-2018, 08:55 AM
lul meanwhile trump praises snowflake politicians who body slam reporters when they get triggered

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 09:02 AM
True, Trump does not act classy and presidential like Reagan. However, no one at CNN acts classy like Walter Cronkite.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rd_KaF3-Bcw

RJB
11-08-2018, 09:06 AM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=Rd_KaF3-Bcw

Touche. Nostalgia struck me again.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Touche. Nostalgia struck me again.

It gets us all. :)

dannno
11-08-2018, 09:14 AM
I heard he wasn't even banned, he just had his "hard" pass revoked so now he has to walk around the grounds with a chaperon.

Ender
11-08-2018, 09:21 AM
It gets us all. :)

LOL- indeed, it does.

All I saw was an obnoxious Acosta, an obnoxious Trump, an intern taking the mic as Acosta was still talking and her/him touching each other in what was a natural encounter- not a "karate" chop.

Because he was CNN everyone here hates him- if he was Kavanaugh many here would be shouting in his favor. :speaknoevil:

Just more left/right silliness, IMHPOV.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 09:27 AM
All I saw was an obnoxious Acosta, an obnoxious Trump...

Well, at least this time Trump's behavior was provoked, reactive and justifiable.

kahless
11-08-2018, 09:31 AM
LOL- indeed, it does.

All I saw was an obnoxious Acosta, an obnoxious Trump, an intern taking the mic as Acosta was still talking and her/him touching each other in what was a natural encounter- not a "karate" chop.

Because he was CNN everyone here hates him- if he was Kavanaugh many here would be shouting in his favor. :speaknoevil:

He put his hands on her to prevent her from doing her job and suddenly this is now okay?

Even if you did this in a corporate environment 30+ years ago you would be immediately walked out of the building if others did already drag you out of the building and beat the crap out of you for it.

If Trump did this there would be immediate impeachment proceedings. Any Republican politician would have to apologize and resign. If it was a right wing or Fox News host they would have been fired immediately and there would be total condemnation from everyone on the network to distance themselves from this reporter.

There would be protests in every city if it were anyone other than a sacred CNN employee.

Influenza
11-08-2018, 09:49 AM
Why the hell are you allowed to be here? You denied it happened, then you called it sexual assualt, and now you're mad because ???? @Bryan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=2), if we did a GoFundMe, could you make Zippy disappear? We'll buy out his share. Him owning a portion of these forums is the only thing that makes sense in this relationship.
aww the cute little psychopath who wants to watch people die on IMAX screens is getting worked up because of a light push. I bet you woulda climaxed if Trump brought out a shotgun and executed Acosta on the spot

Ender
11-08-2018, 09:58 AM

He put his hands on her to prevent her from doing her job and suddenly this is now okay?

Even if you did this in a corporate environment 30+ years ago you would be immediately walked out of the building if others did already drag you out of the building and beat the crap out of you for it.

If Trump did this there would be immediate impeachment proceedings. Any Republican politician would have to apologize and resign. If it was a right wing or Fox News host they would have been fired immediately and there would be total condemnation from everyone on the network to distance themselves from this reporter.

There would be protests in every city if it were anyone other than a sacred CNN employee.

That gif doesn't show how it actually was- makes it look like shoving- which doesn't show on the vid.

And, I didn't say it was OK- just said they were all jerks.

Danke
11-08-2018, 09:58 AM
I heard he wasn't even banned, he just had his "hard" pass revoked so now he has to walk around the grounds with a chaperon.

Danke
11-08-2018, 10:00 AM
LOL- indeed, it does.

She had already gone to retrieve the mic from him once before.

TheTexan
11-08-2018, 10:06 AM
It's not even really about the intern. Acosta is just a rude, terrible person, period.

Danke
11-08-2018, 10:26 AM
It's not even really about the intern. Acosta is just a rude, terrible person, period.

It's not?

kahless
11-08-2018, 10:34 AM
That gif doesn't show how it actually was- makes it look like shoving- which doesn't show on the vid.

And, I didn't say it was OK- just said they were all jerks.

All videos clearly show her doing her job to take the mic to the next reporter and him pushing her arm down to stop her. Are you really going to deny this?

Ender
11-08-2018, 10:53 AM
All videos clearly show her doing her job to take the mic to the next reporter and him pushing her arm down to stop her. Are you really going to deny this?

All I'm saying is that everybody was a jerk & this incident is being blown way out of proportion.

Jamesiv1
11-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Put him in the back of the room and don't let him ask questions for a few weeks/months.

pcosmar
11-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Media whore.

Whore Media.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 11:11 AM

The jump cut of that gif clearly qualifies as editorial license.

Trying to spin his obnoxious behavior as a 'karate chop'--verbally or via edited video (and every gif is edited)--does nothing to strengthen the position or the credibility of a point of view. Indeed, it weakens it. People who are disturbed by Acosta's unacceptable behavior become incensed at the way they are being manipulated. Deniers are given traction when the events are exaggerated beyond the bounds of factual reporting (it gives them something to deny).

Whose side are you on really that you want to shoot CNN's foes in the foot?

Put him in the back of the room and don't let him ask questions for a few weeks/months.

Ban him from the press room, if not the White House. CNN has other reporters they could send. Let them send one who has at least the self-control of a normal kintergardener.

angelatc
11-08-2018, 11:13 AM

Liberals live in a different reality than we do. No matter which world we live in, sometimes some cognitive dissonance is necessary to maintain an illusion, and that's what this is.

His bosses should have yanked him off this beat a long time ago. At this point he isn't reporting any story. Intentional or not, he is the story. That's not journalism, it's theater

angelatc
11-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Whore Media.

YES. CNN is not news, they are editorial entertainment.

TheTexan
11-08-2018, 11:27 AM
It's not?

I would let her hold my mic .

RJB
11-08-2018, 11:51 AM

I would have made him stand with his nose in the corner of the room for 5 minutes.

kahless
11-08-2018, 12:12 PM
All I'm saying is that everybody was a jerk & this incident is being blown way out of proportion.

Roger.

RJB
11-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Some friends on fedbook are freaking out saying that this is an attack on the free press and even calling for impeachment. I have long ago given up on responding to such idiocy, because it's pointless, but man, people are losing their minds these days.

dannno
11-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Some friends on fedbook are freaking out saying that this is an attack on the free press and even calling for impeachment. I have long ago given up on responding to such idiocy, because it's pointless, but man, people are losing their minds these days.

Just show them the karate chop gif.

kahless
11-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Trying to spin his obnoxious behavior as a 'karate chop'--verbally or via edited video (and every gif is edited)--does nothing to strengthen the position or the credibility of a point of view. Indeed, it weakens it. People who are disturbed by Acosta's unacceptable behavior become incensed at the way they are being manipulated. Deniers are given traction when the events are exaggerated beyond the bounds of factual reporting (it gives them something to deny).

Here we are again where you are clearly taking the position of how the Progressives on the left are spinning a topic. It was a light karate cop. Regardless of what video you look at he clearly moves her arm down to push her away from doing her job. That is a big taboo no no in our culture with someone you do not know, particularly a man doing this to a woman in the workplace. There is no exaggeration here.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Here we are again where you are clearly taking the position of how the Progressives on the left are spinning a topic.

Prog spin is a predictable and avoidable hazard. Those who want to win hearts and minds and influence people short-circuit most prog spin, and use what's left against them. Those who just want to have a brainless brawl and damn the consequences escalate, escalate and escalate some more

ThePaleoLibertarian
11-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Calling this "assault" is over the top, but Acosta seems to have some sort of personality disorder where he can't help making himself the story. I don't know what his deal is, but he shouldn't act out his bizarre psychological deficiencies on the national stage.

Ender
11-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Calling this "assault" is over the top, but Acosta seems to have some sort of personality disorder where he can't help making himself the story. I don't know what his deal is, but he shouldn't act out his bizarre psychological deficiencies on the national stage.

LOL- sounds like Trump's twin. ;)

Danke
11-08-2018, 01:12 PM

Yep, they are now associating Sanders with using that boogeyman conspiratorialist's material, ALEX JONES!!!

dean.engelhardt
11-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Has Acosta apologize to the woman? That could restore a little dignity.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 03:36 PM

Dignity? Trump v. CNN is about dignity?

Isn't the model for this fight the WWE?

dannno
11-08-2018, 03:47 PM

He made a comment while it was happening allegedly, but he hasn't since apologized. He has doubled down.

Then the media doubled down.

Sarah Sanders showed a "doctored" video from Paul Joseph Watson (infowars) where he merely zooms in..

Wapo claimed that the video was doctored to make his arm look like it came down faster

White House shares doctored video to support punishment of journalist Jim Acosta
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/11/08/white-house-shares-doctored-video-support-punishment-journalist-jim-acosta/?utm_term=.2fb79bc5ff1b

Paul Joseph Watson confirms on his twitter that he did not alter the video to make his arm come down faster, he merely zoomed in..

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/1060540481975787520

Just goes to show how much more fake news the media is than infowars ever was..

Ender
11-08-2018, 04:10 PM
He made a comment while it was happening allegedly, but he hasn't since apologized. He has doubled down.

Then the media doubled down.

Sarah Sanders showed a "doctored" video from Paul Joseph Watson (infowars) where he merely zooms in.

Paul Joseph Watson confirms on his twitter that he did not alter the video to make his arm come down faster, he merely zoomed in.

Just goes to show how much more fake news the media is than infowars ever was..

In the OP video he says "Pardon me, Ma'am."

Also, zooming by editing does speed up action a bit. In the vid you show, it is a bit faster, choppier & fuzzy.

Just sayin'.

Jamesiv1
11-08-2018, 04:11 PM
I predicted this thread would get a lot of action.

dannno
11-08-2018, 04:31 PM
In the OP video he says "Pardon me, Ma'am."

Also, zooming by editing does speed up action a bit. In the vid you show, it is a bit faster, choppier & fuzzy.

Just sayin'.

Bullshit, zooming in does not speed up the action, it is just zooming in. His arm moves faster in pixels per second, but the action takes the same amount of time. The video is more grainy because it isn't the original and went through some editing, but he didn't make it look worse than it was except to zoom in.

The point is the media is lying, again..

And it would be polite of him to apologize, a "pardon me ma'am" while he karate chops her arms means you apologize with a "sorry" after.

timosman
11-08-2018, 04:47 PM
https://nypost.com/2018/11/07/jim-acosta-violated-one-of-the-oldest-rules-of-journalism/

November 7, 2018

https://********************************/2018/11/cnn-reporter-rant-against-president-a-disgrace.jpg

By producing a split decision, the election that was supposed to end all elections turned out to be fairly predictable. But it’s the day after that was unlike any other.

The Republican president, the likely speaker of the Democrat-controlled House and the Senate’s Republican majority leader each started Wednesday by talking about working together to get things done. They talked to each other privately and talked separately in public about what they thought they could accomplish for the country.

For most Americans, that would make for a very good day. Given the overheated environment leading up to the midterms and the fear among many that we are drifting toward an era of disunion and spreading political violence, bipartisan pledges to work together for the common good were like the sudden emergence of a bright candle flickering in the wind.

Alas, it was the last thing some members of the White House press corps wanted, so they tried to snuff it out.

The conduct of a handful of so-called reporters during President Trump’s news conference was disgraceful beyond measure. This is not journalism, this is narcissism.

Naturally, the boorish Jim Acosta of CNN was the instigator. As is his habit, Acosta doesn’t ask questions — he makes accusations and argues. Almost daily, he does it with the press secretary; Wednesday, he did it with the president.

“I want to challenge you,” Acosta began after Trump called on him. Trump realized he’d made a mistake, murmuring, “Here we go,” and Acosta didn’t disappoint.

He insisted that despite the president’s use of the word “invasion,” the caravan of Central American migrants “is not an invasion.”

He adopted a lecturing, I-know-best tone to declare that “they’re hundreds and hundreds of miles away; that’s not an invasion.”
Trump’s response should not have been necessary: “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN.”

After more back-and-forth, he called Acosta “a rude, terrible person” and said “CNN should be ashamed of itself.”

That should have been enough — Acosta got the attention he wanted and got Trump’s goat, giving his network video it could make hay out of for days. Besides, there were scores of other reporters raising their hands to be called on.

But Acosta wouldn’t give up the microphone and kept talking over Trump, trying to lob another grenade.

The president, clearly angry now and stepping away from the podium as if he might bolt the room, pointed at him and said forcefully, “That’s enough, that’s enough. Put down the mic.”

Finally, Acosta sat down, then stood up to argue again, interrupting another reporter. That reporter, from NBC, praised Acosta and picked up the baton by making his own accusation disguised as a question. He mentioned Trump’s attacks on Democrats and “asked” the president: Why are “you are pitting Americans against one another?”

Trump, to his credit, actually answered in a substantive way, but that didn’t satisfy because the reporter didn’t really ask a question. He too just wanted to make an accusation and argue. On camera.

There was a time not long ago when young journalists were taught not to become the story. Apparently, many news organizations have flipped that lesson on its head.

But we are witnessing something more insidious here than media trash talk. Plain and simple, we are watching expressions of personal hatred.

Yes, it’s true that most journalists lean far left and their bias sticks out like so many sore thumbs. That’s been true for a long time, but political bias is an insufficient explanation for the Jim Acostas of our time.

They hate Trump. They really, really hate him. There’s nothing professional about it.

They are not alone. Take a poll of almost any major newsroom in America and the vast majority of those working there, if they are being honest, will confess that they too can’t stand the existence or the sound of Trump.

Or try to imagine Acosta and his ilk behaving in similarly hostile fashion toward Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. Keep trying, but you can’t imagine it because it never happened. Both of those pols lied to journalists repeatedly, yet you can bet 90 percent still voted straight Democratic.

Even if they didn’t like Obama or Clinton, the political reporters would never dare accuse them publicly of anything, argue with them or interrupt them. Even when skeptical, they were respectful.

Recall how Obama used to spend 10, 15 and even 20 minutes answering a single question — without interruption.

Many in the press corps may have found him overbearingly arrogant. They may have resented the way he looked down on them and bristled at critical stories or tough questions. They knew he started more leak investigations than any other president, and might have feared him because his Justice Department wiretapped a Fox News reporter during a leak case.

But they would never interrupt him or insult him or refuse to give up the microphone.

White House press credentials are not a universal right. There are implicit expectations of proper behavior, and the White House decision to suspend Acosta’s credential is warranted.

Just as Acosta can’t go into a movie theater and yell “Fire” when there is no fire, he should not have the right to hijack a presidential press conference to suit his own ego.

It is also long past time for his colleagues, including those from other outlets, to remind him that his shameful conduct is making all of them look bad. More important, scenes like Wednesday’s further erode the public’s already declining trust of the media and fuel resistance to the First Amendment.

The anti-Trump antics are no longer a sideshow. America has serious problems as well as dangerous enemies, and the mere prospect of Trump, Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell working together is the best news we could have hoped for Wednesday.

Instead, it was overshadowed by a few narcissists chasing their own vanity.

Ender
11-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Bull$#@!, zooming in does not speed up the action, it is just zooming in. His arm moves faster in pixels per second, but the action takes the same amount of time. The video is more grainy because it isn't the original and went through some editing, but he didn't make it look worse than it was except to zoom in.

The point is the media is lying, again..

And it would be polite of him to apologize, a "pardon me ma'am" while he karate chops her arms means you apologize with a "sorry" after.

Bullshit back- zooming in can speed up the action and it was NO karate chop.

Yes, Acosta was not behaving well, and neither was Trump, but to carry on like the girl was attacked in pure bullshit at it's finest.

dannno
11-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Bullshit back- zooming in can speed up the action and it was NO karate chop.

Can't you read???

His arm moves faster in pixels per second, but the action takes the same amount of time. The video is more grainy because it isn't the original and went through some editing, but he didn't make it look worse than it was except to zoom in.

There was absolutely a light karate chop. Obviously it wasn't full strength, but that is what he did to her arm.

Yes, Acosta was not behaving well, and neither was Trump, but to carry on like the girl was attacked in pure bullshit at it's finest.

Trump didn't push or hit any women's arms.

Anti Globalist
11-08-2018, 05:12 PM
As did Bill Clinton.

Swordsmyth
11-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Can't you read???

There was absolutely a light karate chop. Obviously it wasn't full strength, but that is what he did to her arm.

Ender will defend the enemy to his dying breath, he is either a troll or he has a psychological problem.

Ender
11-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Ender will defend the enemy to his dying breath, he is either a troll or he has a psychological problem.

Says the biggest troll on the forum. :rolleyes:

Ender
11-08-2018, 05:26 PM
Can't you read???

dannno- I'm a blackbelt & a filmmaker.

Like I said- Acosta was a jerk, but to make a YUGE scene out of this is nonsense.

ThePaleoLibertarian
11-08-2018, 05:32 PM

Like I said- Acosta was a jerk, but to make a YUGE scene out of this is nonsense.
Then you should know just how differences in compression can cause changes in the speed of clips, lost frames etc.

dannno
11-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Ok, then you should agree with what I'm saying.. zooming in speeds up the amount the pixels move per second on the screen, but the action takes the same amount of time.. so it's not really "speeding up".

Certainly not "doctored" except for the part about zooming in.. but it is dishonest to say that zooming in is dishonest. That is just what you do when you want to get a closer look.

I believe a karate chop is when your palm is open, and you "chop" down with the bottom of your hand onto something. That is what he did. It wasn't hard. He didn't break her arm. But that's what he did. If you saw something else, make the argument. But everybody will disagree with you unless they are dishonest.

They took his press pass away, that was fair, they don't need people man handling the women with the mic at these events.

It's the leftist media that is making a big scene about the whole thing because he got removed.

Swordsmyth
11-08-2018, 05:37 PM
dannno- I'm a...filmmaker.
Hollywood propagandist?

Ender
11-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Then you should know just how differences in compression can cause changes in the speed of clips, lost frames etc.

Exactly. I didn't mean to imply it was on purpose- just that it happens.

Ender
11-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Ok, then you should agree with what I'm saying.. zooming in speeds up the amount the pixels move per second on the screen, but the action takes the same amount of time.. so it's not really "speeding up".

Certainly not "doctored" except for the part about zooming in.. but it is dishonest to say that zooming in is dishonest. That is just what you do when you want to get a closer look.

I believe a karate chop is when your palm is open, and you "chop" down with the bottom of your hand onto something. That is what he did. It wasn't hard. He didn't break her arm. But that's what he did. If you saw something else, make the argument. But everybody will disagree with you unless they are dishonest.

They took his press pass away, that was fair, they don't need people man handling the women with the mic at these events.

It's the leftist media that is making a big scene about the whole thing because he got removed.

He was pointing when she grabbed for the mic- he was still pointing as his arm came down. It was NOT a karate chop- just part of the movement he had started before she went for the mic.

And I didn't say zooming was "dishonest"- just that it does change the speed.

dannno
11-08-2018, 07:07 PM
He was pointing when she grabbed for the mic- he was still pointing as his arm came down. It was NOT a karate chop- just part of the movement he had started before she went for the mic.

https://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Screen-Shot-2018-11-07-at-8.17.53-PM-800x430.png

And I didn't say zooming was "dishonest"- just that it does change the speed.

No, it doesn't.. not in the way the dishonest media is saying. It increases the distance the pixels travel, but the arm still takes the same amount of time to come down.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Lord, dannno. A karate chop is a specific thing. One stiffens the hand, one strikes with the edge, one focuses the force and momentum to maximize the impact.

Look at the pic you posted with the cute little red circles on it. If he tried to break a board with that form--his fingers curved and apart that way--how many bones would he break?

The guy was not being a journalist. He was being an immature little jerk. That kind of behavior would get him kicked out of most preschools. This pro- versus anti-karate chop noise serves only to distract people from that fact. It's a distraction. It can only obscure the ugly truth about how low CNN has sunk.

It's a nothingburger that CNN wants people to talk about because the more some people focus on a nothingburger detail, the more other people will decide the whole incident is a nothingburger.

Stop obsessing.

dannno
11-08-2018, 07:38 PM
Lord, dannno. A karate chop is a specific thing. One stiffens the hand, one strikes with the edge, one focuses the force and momentum to maximize the impact.

Look at the pic you posted with the cute little red circles on it. If he tried to break a board with that form--his fingers curved and apart that way--how many bones would he break?

The guy was not being a journalist. He was being an immature little jerk. That kind of behavior would get him kicked out of most preschools. This pro- versus anti-karate chop noise serves only to distract people from that fact. It's a distraction. It can only obscure the ugly truth about how low CNN has sunk.

It's a nothingburger that CNN wants people to talk about because the more some people focus on a nothingburger detail, the more other people will decide the whole incident is a nothingburger.

Stop obsessing.

It is the best and closest description to what happened. It was a strike with an open palm in the same motion as a karate chop with the same contact point. I called it a light karate chop.

It is not enough to call it an assault, but it's enough to pull his creds, that is not how those things are supposed to work.

The right is not obsessing, the left is obsessing over it. The right is simply defending their position.

acptulsa
11-08-2018, 07:41 PM
It is the best and closest description to what happened. It was a strike with an open palm in the same motion as a karate chop with the same contact point. I called it a light karate chop.

It is enough to pull his creds, that is not how those things are supposed to work.

The right is not obsessing, the left is obsessing over it.

He grabbed the mike with one hand and tried to push her away with the other arm.

He's an asshole. One needs no karate to be an asshole.

Of course leftists are focusing on the karate chop statement. Anyone who knows the first thing about karate can tell a chop from a backhanded shove. The left will pick at any tiny factual mistake in a desperate attempt to discredit their critics. Only an idiot would play that game.

dannno
11-08-2018, 07:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/a8ZbhRt.jpg

kahless
11-08-2018, 07:57 PM

It is not enough to call it an assault, but it's enough to pull his creds, that is not how those things are supposed to work.

The right is not obsessing, the left is obsessing over it. The right is simply defending their position.

It is a fitting description for moving his hand in that manner and universally recognized.

The left is way too quick at times to describe normal social situations as abuse yet here we have an example of a man intentionally putting his hands on a woman, preventing her from doing her job and they defend him. If people do not wake up to all the incidents this year where the left has exposed themselves for being the frauds they are, they never will.

If this was outside the press room we typically would have seen some guy become her white knight, whom would have came at him in a physically threatening manner or actually kicked his ass for it. If he did this too another guy outside that room in many cases it would not have ended well for him.

dannno
11-08-2018, 09:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8et97DgJi8

specsaregood
11-08-2018, 09:51 PM

Stop obsessing.

Cunninglingus and psychiatry brought us to this.

eleganz
11-08-2018, 10:00 PM
I thought he wasn't rough with the young lady though still very disrespecting and humiliating for himself, he just looks like a child that isn't done playing with his trucks.

He should've had his WH credentials pulled when he disrupted Trump and Kim's summit talk. American reporters lobbing political grenades during tense nuclear sensitive meetings is just stupid. He should've been fired by CNN on the spot for that kind of behavior on the international stage. But Jim Acosta is CNN's very own walking talking virtue signal.

Danke
11-09-2018, 05:54 PM

Swordsmyth
11-09-2018, 06:01 PM
He shouldna acosta.

Danke
11-09-2018, 08:38 PM

eleganz
11-09-2018, 09:12 PM
He shouldna acosta.

Nor should he be complaining, acosta he a white male.

Swordsmyth
11-09-2018, 09:26 PM
Nor should he be complaining, acosta he a white male.
It Acosta him his press pass.

tfurrh
11-09-2018, 10:22 PM
Well I at least thought the intern's white and gold dress looked nice.

kpitcher
11-10-2018, 12:18 AM
appears there is legal precedent that a white house press pass can't be revoked without due process

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/legality-revoking-jim-acostas-press-pass/575479/

"The new steps enunciated in the Sherrill decision to ensure that reporters’ First Amendment rights are not violated include the requirement to give the reporter notice and the right to rebut a formal written decision, which must accompany any revocation. “We further conclude that notice, opportunity to rebut, and a written decision are required because the denial of a pass potentially infringes upon First Amendment guarantees,” the court’s ruling states. “Such impairment of this interest cannot be permitted to occur in the absence of adequate procedural due process.”"

TheCount
11-10-2018, 01:01 AM
If you open the video in Photoshop you can see the layers.

Swordsmyth
11-10-2018, 01:30 AM
appears there is legal precedent that a white house press pass can't be revoked without due process

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/legality-revoking-jim-acostas-press-pass/575479/

"The new steps enunciated in the Sherrill decision to ensure that reporters’ First Amendment rights are not violated include the requirement to give the reporter notice and the right to rebut a formal written decision, which must accompany any revocation. “We further conclude that notice, opportunity to rebut, and a written decision are required because the denial of a pass potentially infringes upon First Amendment guarantees,” the court’s ruling states. “Such impairment of this interest cannot be permitted to occur in the absence of adequate procedural due process.”"
Judicial overreach, SCOTUS will put an end to it if they are foolish enough to pursue it.

timosman
11-10-2018, 01:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgtAfMUoAk

CaptainAmerica
11-10-2018, 03:03 AM

"Put his hands on an intern"? He did not lay hands on her. Fake news. Fox News claimed he pushed her. Video:

actually he did ....he karate chopped her arm. I watched it multiple times. He wouldnt shut the hel l up, after trying to bring up "carvan" and race issue as usual. What is there to DEBATE about illegal immigration , at this point? COME check out my state if you want to see how fucked up it is.

Zippyjuan
11-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Karate chop.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEduM99KsXqdu5XFe/giphy.gif

spudea
11-10-2018, 03:16 PM

The scenarios are different. In that case Sherrill it was the application process that was not following due process and Sherrill was never giving a WH pass or explaination for his application denial. In Acoster's case, he's had a pass for many years, and due to his behavior and actions his pass is revoked. There is no question why it was revoked, maybe he deserves a formal statement but you can't site the Sherril case saying it supports Acoster when it is categorically different.

Occam's Banana
11-10-2018, 09:37 PM

Maybe Acosta should have grabbed her by the pussy instead.

And since this is all just a sideshow farce anyway, it would at least have been more entertaining if he had used a WWE-style suplex instead of that lame-ass excuse for a "karate chop" ...

spudea
11-10-2018, 09:48 PM

He's not a celebrity star billionaire, no woman would let him do it anyways. He could be like his CNN buddies Anderson cooper and Don lemon and prefer the company of men.

RJB
11-10-2018, 09:50 PM

And since this is all just a sideshow farce anyway, it would at least have been more entertaining if he had used a WWE-style suplex instead of that lame-ass excuse for a "karate chop" ...

Like a WWE fight, I am not taking sides. Acosta didn't assault the intern. However, Acosta is a jackass, and so is Trump.

UWDude
11-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Like a WWE fight, I am not taking sides. Acosta didn't assault the intern. However, Acosta is a jackass, and so is Trump.

You should take sides.
Jim was given a fair amount of time for questions, and refused to give the mike up.
Why should Jim get more talking time than anyone else?
Is he special? Is he asking those tough questions that speak truth to power?

Some of you so-called fence sitters are so phony.

UWDude
11-10-2018, 09:59 PM
If it's Luke Rudowski up there, I think he would be right to be rude, and ask President Trump real, hard hitting, truth to power questions.

But we're talking about Jim Acosta here. He is sleazy, selfish, and unprofessional. He is not allowed to hog up the press briefing time.

BTW, Trump has by far been the most transparent and open president. He does not shy away from the press. He has endured more B.S. from the press than the past few presidents combined. And I mean he has given more press conferences, talked to the pres, more than any other president, ever. Even though all they ever ask about is Russia and whatever the other "scandal de jour" is.

So to say you aren't taking sides, "cuz its WWE, they all the same, dur hurr" is just ridiculous.

RJB
11-10-2018, 09:59 PM
You should take sides.
Jim was given a fair amount of time for questions, and refused to give the mike up.
Why should Jim get more talking time than anyone else?
Is he special? Is he asking those tough questions that speak truth to power?

Some of you so-called fence sitters are so phony.

LOL. I am not fence sitting. I genuinely could give a shit less about this show. Trump had every right to take his pass. However Acosta didn't assault her and I am not going to give it a second thought other than in this silly discussion. If you want to dwell on it for the rest of the year, be my guest. It's still a somewhat free country. Otherwise don't act like I'm obligated to care.

RJB
11-10-2018, 10:00 PM
If it's Luke Rudowski up there, I think he would be right to be rude, and ask President Trump real, hard hitting, truth to power questions.

But we're talking about Jim Acosta here. He is sleazy, selfish, and unprofessional. He is not allowed to hog up the press briefing time.

BTW, Trump has by far been the most transparent and open president. He does not shy away from the press. He has endured more B.S. from the press than the past few presidents combined. And I mean he has given more press conferences, talked to the pres, more than any other president, ever. Even though all they ever ask about is Russia and whatever the other "scandal de jour" is.

So to say you aren't taking sides, "cuz its WWE, they all the same, dur hurr" is just ridiculous.

Go have another beer, dude.

UWDude
11-10-2018, 10:02 PM
Trump had every right to take his pass. However Acosta didn't assault her

I agree.

and I am not going to give it a second thought other than in this silly discussion. .

Stop acting like you can quit this show. You're hooked.

UWDude
11-10-2018, 10:03 PM
Go have another beer, dude.

You inviting me to stay and argue with you some more?
Sorry, but I got better things to do tonight.
But you know I'll be back.

RJB
11-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Stop acting like you can quit this show. You're hooked. Alright. I am guilty as charged.

Occam's Banana
11-10-2018, 10:14 PM
LOL. I am not fence sitting. I genuinely could give a shit less about this show. Trump had every right to take his pass. However Acosta didn't assault her and I am not going to give it a second thought other than in this silly discussion. If you want to dwell on it for the rest of the year, be my guest. It's still a somewhat free country. Otherwise don't act like I'm obligated to care.

+rep from another "phony" ... wait ... damn ... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.

RJB
11-10-2018, 10:26 PM
+rep from another "phony" ... wait ... damn ... You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RJB again.

Actually, the dude was right when he called me on it. If I was genuinely as cool and didn't care as I pretend to be, I wouldn't be hanging out on this forum.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 05:46 AM

Jim the Accoster

LOL SarahSanders, a woman, using the #metoo movement to attack someone from CNN. Karma.

Ummm...looking at the video and at 0:25 seconds the intern tries to take the mic while the reporter is pointing his finger at the president. The reporter forcefully pushes his arm down, preventing her from taking the mic.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 05:50 AM

Not a "karate chop." More like a jut sao that you see in tai chi or wing chun. A light move designed to redirect energy as opposed to causing harm. That said, he didn't have a right to keep dominating the mic at that point. Had she been a man he wouldn't have tried that.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 05:57 AM

FTR I always thought you were a guy because...well..Kahless is male in Star Trek cannon. But I guess if Nick Fury can go from white to black and then we find out that the black Nick Fury is really the white Nick Fury's son but they both lose the same eye.....oh nevermind. Good post regardless.

Schifference
11-11-2018, 07:26 AM
I propose a different style of communication during these Q&A's.

I am not a high tech kind of person but it seems like it would be pretty easy to eliminate the microphone all together. It could be as easy as the person speaking does so thru their phone or a White House supplied device. This goes thru a switchboard and can be shut off at the presidents request.

Problem solved.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 07:32 AM
I propose a different style of communication during these Q&A's.

I am not a high tech kind of person but it seems like it would be pretty easy to eliminate the microphone all together. It could be as easy as the person speaking does so thru their phone or a White House supplied device. This goes thru a switchboard and can be shut off at the presidents request.

Problem solved.

*gasp* You mean...use common sense? Yeah. I was wondering why they didn't just cut the mic...but apparently they only had one mic going around. Your solution wouldn't require the WH intern. One less gubmint job. Can't have that!

specsaregood
11-11-2018, 07:34 AM
However Acosta didn't assault her
It depends on your definition of assault. People have been charged with assaulting police officers for much less.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

At Common Law, an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

Generally, the essential elements of assault consist of an act intended to cause an apprehension of harmful or offensive contact that causes apprehension of such contact in the victim.
more at link..

Based on the interns reaction, I think one could reasonably argue that his move caused apprehension...

Of course in the real world -- not legal world -- I'd laugh at this as "assault" but I haven't seen Acosta be a big proponent of ending such shenanigans.... So maybe he deserves to reap what he has sowed.

Origanalist
11-11-2018, 08:16 AM
Breaking! CNN and Jim Acosta SUING Trump
https://therightscoop.com/breaking-cnn-and-jim-acosta-suing-trump/

RJB
11-11-2018, 08:24 AM
That's how I see it. As much as I would love to see Acosta go down, I dislike victimization. Hell I saw a video of of person charged with resisting arrest for raising their hand to block a billy club.

It depends on your definition of assault. People have been charged with assaulting police officers for much less.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault

Based on the interns reaction, I think one could reasonably argue that his move caused apprehension...

Of course in the real world -- not legal world -- I'd laugh at this as "assault" but I haven't seen Acosta be a big proponent of ending such shenanigans.... So maybe he deserves to reap what he has sowed.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 08:34 AM
That's how I see it. As much as I would love to see Acosta go down, I dislike victimization. Hell I saw a video of of person charged with resisting arrest for raising their hand to block a billy club.

From a natural law point of view (not this twisted legal nonsense of cop worship we have) there is a natural right of self defense against a billy club being brought down on your head. What right did Acosta have to hold on to that microphone?

agitator
11-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Maybe Infowars should sue them too.

TheCount
11-11-2018, 08:42 AM
From a natural law point of view (not this twisted legal nonsense of cop worship we have) there is a natural right of self defense against a billy club being brought down on your head. What right did Acosta have to hold on to that microphone?

It's a public microphone.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 08:45 AM
It's a public microphone.

Not sure if you're being serious or trolling. If you're using the "public microphone" argument then what is the point of a press pass? Why can't Snoop Dog just walk up in there, grab the mic and start rapping? I can't dominate a "public street" for as long as I want. A police officer (a member of the executive branch) can come and tell me to "move it along" if I decide to park my car there indefinitely.

TheCount
11-11-2018, 08:55 AM
Not sure if you're being serious or trolling. If you're using the "public microphone" argument then what is the point of a press pass? Why can't Snoop Dog just walk up in there, grab the mic and start rapping? I can't dominate a "public street" for as long as I want. A police officer (a member of the executive branch) can come and tell me to "move it along" if I decide to park my car there indefinitely.

Trolling. Step 2 is explaining how, as a means of transmitting messages, that microphone should be under the control of the post office as per the constitution. It's actually a less stupid argument than claiming that he assaulted her by karate chopping her arm, which is really saying something.

RJB
11-11-2018, 08:56 AM
I have no issue with him losing his WH press pass. His turn was up. However I see him more as a jackass than a criminal.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 09:08 AM
Trolling. Step 2 is explaining how, as a means of transmitting messages, that microphone should be under the control of the post office as per the constitution. It's actually a less stupid argument than claiming that he assaulted her by karate chopping her arm, which is really saying something.

FTR only Dannno used the "karate chop" argument. You don't have to cause harm or intend to cause harm to someone to be guilty of the definition of assault. Corey Lewindowsky is a prime example of someone charged with assault without causing or intending to cause harm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0YXF_lc3Hs

Also what does the post office have to do with this? This is a White House microphone, not a post office microphone. Microphones didn't exist at the time the constitution was written, but the executive branch does have delegated authority under the constitution to purchase and control equipment necessary for its function, be that a White House horse and carriage, a White House airplane (Air Force One) or a White House Microphone.

jmdrake
11-11-2018, 09:10 AM
I have no issue with him losing his WH press pass. His turn was up. However I see him more as a jackass than a criminal.

https://youtu.be/y0YXF_lc3Hs

Maybe our assault laws should change to not cover what they actually cover. No argument from me on that. But CNN needs to be consistent then.

TheCount
11-11-2018, 09:22 AM
FTR only Dannno used the "karate chop" argument.

Precisely.

Also what does the post office have to do with this? This is a White House microphone, not a post office microphone. Microphones didn't exist at the time the constitution was written, but the executive branch does have delegated authority under the constitution to purchase and control equipment necessary for its function, be that a White House horse and carriage, a White House airplane (Air Force One) or a White House Microphone.

It's a running joke regarding Swordsmyth's... "creative" interpretations of the constitution.

The transfer of information is the job of the post office.

I would consider supporting a "Free speech" web-hosting/search engine/file hosting service as a part of the post office, they would be the ones to run a "net neutrality" ISP as well.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2018, 09:28 AM
Precisely.

It's a running joke regarding Swordsmyth's... "creative" interpretations of the constitution.
There is nothing creative about it, the Post Office would be doing its job with modern equipment.

dannno
11-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Actually, I described it as a "light karate chop" because that is the motion his arm took when he struck her arm with his hand.

The reason is because a karate chop is a universally recognized arm motion, whereas references to obscure forms are martial arts and lesser known maneuvers doesn't make any sense to mention.

There are two reasons for doing this.

First, it is an accurate depiction of the arm motion and strike.

Second, seeing leftists defend Acosta's actions by arguing that it wasn't a "karate chop" is entertaining because he did actually lightly karate chop her arm. Typically a karate chop is a full force strike, and this was not a full force strike. That is their argument, that it wasn't a full force strike, and that is some funny shit.

Jamesiv1
11-11-2018, 11:26 AM
https://youtu.be/y0YXF_lc3Hs

Maybe our assault laws should change to not cover what they actually cover. No argument from me on that. But CNN needs to be consistent then.
Haven't seen Michelle Fields on TV or YouTube in quite a long time.... What has become of her?

Madison320
11-11-2018, 02:54 PM

To me the only interesting part of this fiasco is the question of free speech. My initial reaction is that Trump could hand pick his own team of reporters and it wouldn't be a violation of the 1st amendment.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2018, 02:58 PM
To me the only interesting part of this fiasco is the question of free speech. My initial reaction is that Trump could hand pick his own team of reporters and it wouldn't be a violation of the 1st amendment.
He could never hold another press conference if he wanted.

donnay
11-11-2018, 03:05 PM

Madison320
11-11-2018, 03:13 PM
He could never hold another press conference if he wanted.

I agree. The government can't prevent people from speaking but they don't have to let people into the WH.

That being said I'll bet CNN tries to claim 1st amendment violation.

enhanced_deficit
11-11-2018, 03:15 PM
https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/indianapolisrecorder.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/60/760d22fd-4458-527e-9563-0767c7142446/4d49dceaee913.image.jpg

Kicking & Screaming: Journo Dragged From Press Area Near Air Force One

By CHRISTINA HOAG
Published Jul 16, 2009
AP

Secret Service personnel remove Brenda Lee from near Air Force One after Lee attempted to give President Obama a letter.

A reporter for a small newspaper was forcibly removed from a press area near Air Force One shortly before President Barack Obama arrived at Los Angeles International Airport to depart California early Thursday.

Airport security officers carried the woman away by the feet and arms as she protested her removal.
She later identified herself as Brenda Lee, a writer for the Georgia Informer in Macon and said she has White House press credentials. The newspaper's Web site says it is a monthly publication, and a Brenda Lee column is posted on it.

Calls to the newspaper and the White House press office were not immediately returned.

Lee said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press that she wanted to hand Obama a letter urging him "to take a stand for traditional marriage."
She said she asked a Secret Service agent to give the president her letter, but he refused and referred her to a White House staffer. Lee said she refused to give the staffer the letter.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/archive/Reporter-Dragged-Kicking-and-Screaming-From-Near-Air-Force-One-.html

Related

Poll: Public servants security: In which case charges against security staff are warranted? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?493041-Public-servants-security-In-which-case-charges-against-security-staff-are-warranted&)

Zippyjuan
11-11-2018, 03:15 PM

There is no strike, no karate chop- just a brushing aside. Can't believe people still worked up over this.

Open palm strike:

http://www.scifighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1203close-combat-files03.jpg

acptulsa
11-11-2018, 03:17 PM

If he does in court what he did in that Presser--especially since he's going to get dismissed as frivolous--he'll wind up in contempt of court.

dannno
11-11-2018, 03:19 PM
There is no strike, no karate chop- just a brushing aside. Can't believe people still worked up over this.

Open palm strike:

http://www.scifighting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1203close-combat-files03.jpg

It's pretty clear in the video with the close-up that the media claims was "doctored" (it was not), that he did a light karate chop on her arm.

Everybody knows what a karate chop is, your obfuscation isn't going to change anybody's mind.

Swordsmyth
11-11-2018, 03:23 PM
I agree. The government can't prevent people from speaking but they don't have to let people into the WH.

The "Press" as it self identifies has always interpreted "freedom of the press" as a license for them to do anything they wanted.

Zippyjuan
11-11-2018, 03:26 PM
It's pretty clear in the video with the close-up that the media claims was "doctored" (it was not), that he did a light karate chop on her arm.

Everybody knows what a karate chop is, your obfuscation isn't going to change anybody's mind.

Yes, they do. That was not one.

Jamesiv1
11-11-2018, 04:28 PM
It was in-between a brush-aside and a light karate chop.

Looked to me like their arms were already in contact, and Acosta forcefully pushed down with his arm on top of hers.

Instead of taking his credential they should have just put him in the back of the room. Then when he yells questions over others as he surely would do, they kick him out of the room.

Except that yeah, I think Trump likes having CNN as a foil.

UWDude
11-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Except that yeah, I think Trump likes having CNN as a foil.

Just like we all love having ZippyJuan here as a foil.
Imagine the forums without him.

BORING.

Origanalist
11-12-2018, 09:37 AM

kahless
11-12-2018, 09:51 AM
Just like we all love having ZippyJuan here as a foil.
Imagine the forums without him.

BORING.

I disagree with Zippy but at least it appears he does not pretend to be something he is not and is consistent in his defense of propaganda masquerading as news. Basically we have someone that consistently represents the fake media's point of view with the forum exposing and hashing out the lies throughout the thread. It would be an echo chamber otherwise.

That is opposed to another 2008 member that has a long history continually posting how libertarian he is while spamming Progressive talking points and then being a dick about it by accusing everyone else of being less so to cover his tracks.

Zippyjuan
11-12-2018, 04:13 PM
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/10/18/trump-gianforte-body-slam-praise-915047

“Never wrestle him, you understand that?” Trump said of the Montana Republican, eliciting loud cheers during a political rally in Missoula, Mont. “Any guy who can do a body slam is my kind of guy.”

But touch a girl and you are out. That is not OK.

How you are supposed to do it: (French First Lady)

https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/vdeipnp.gif?w=300&h=168&crop=1

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HelpfulAmazingCleanerwrasse-size_restricted.gif

Madison320
11-13-2018, 04:49 PM

I was right:

"CNN filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration on Tuesday, alleging a First Amendment violation and demanding that journalist Jim Acosta’s White House credentials be restored."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/13/cnn-is-suing-white-house-over-jim-acostas-press-pass-does-network-have-case/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8fec22843e6c

Does that mean we all have a fundamental right to enter the WH and ask the President questions? Like our right to property? That's ironic considering that I've rarely ever heard anyone at CNN who believes in property rights.

Swordsmyth
11-13-2018, 05:00 PM
I was right:

"CNN filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration on Tuesday, alleging a First Amendment violation and demanding that journalist Jim Acosta’s White House credentials be restored."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/13/cnn-is-suing-white-house-over-jim-acostas-press-pass-does-network-have-case/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8fec22843e6c

Does that mean we all have a fundamental right to enter the WH and ask the President questions? Like our right to property? That's ironic considering that I've rarely ever heard anyone at CNN who believes in property rights.
Only the "Press" has that "Right", didn't you know that that is what the founders intended when they drafted the 1stA? Everyone knows that when they referred to freedom of the press they meant the "Gentlemen of the Press" were free to do anything they pleased.:rolleyes:

Swordsmyth
11-13-2018, 05:42 PM
Judge Swamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJotHYqgJTY

Jamesiv1
11-14-2018, 12:37 AM
I think this goes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EsUNOIYyKg

dannno
11-14-2018, 01:03 AM
Judge Swamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJotHYqgJTY

I think Trump just told him to go on TV and disagree with him on everything until he gets the SC nomination, then he can point to all the times he has split ways with the President during his hearing and they won't be able to spin it that he is some kind of Trump lackey.

Swordsmyth
11-14-2018, 01:16 AM
I think Trump just told him to go on TV and disagree with him on everything until he gets the SC nomination, then he can point to all the times he has split ways with the President during his hearing and they won't be able to spin it that he is some kind of Trump lackey.
How many SCOTUS nominations until he gets one?

AG would be a better idea now that Sessions is gone, his age doesn't matter in that position.

Swordsmyth
11-14-2018, 01:25 AM

How many SCOTUS nominations until he gets one?

AG would be a better idea now that Sessions is gone, his age doesn't matter in that position.

I will believe it when Trump appoints him to something.

Swordsmyth
11-14-2018, 06:15 PM
The newest member of the mainstream media jumped into the legal fight to help CNN reporter Jim Acosta restore his White House media privileges.
FOX News will file legal papers to support CNN’s lawsuit against President Trump.
We here are far from surprised.

FOX vacated its conservative principals long ago and is now part of the MSM cabal.
“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court.” — Blake

Statement from Fox News president Jay Wallace:
“FOX News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court.”
— Aaron Blake (@AaronBlake) November 14, 2018 (https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1062733800323645442?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

https://truepundit.com/fox-news-shows-true-colors-joins-legal-fight-to-restore-cnns-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass/

AZJoe
11-15-2018, 08:57 AM

This BBC (https://www.bbc.com/news/46147166)article has same take on Acosta - a spoiled little brat:

"Jim Acosta was called on by the president to ask a question. … And when he'd finished asking one, he then asked another - with interruption follow-ups in between. It was only when he attempted his third question - or possibly fourth depending on how you define the follow-ups - that the president got angry and asked him to sit down. …

I'm pretty sure Acosta never intended to "mistouch" the young female intern. He was just trying to hold on to the mic. …

What happened in that room was not the ultimate fight for press freedom. … This was a bloke sitting in a room full of colleagues who were all trying to ask questions too. This was a man who'd had his turn and had been told he couldn't hog the whole time. …

The president took CNN's question and then took more. And when he tried to move on, he couldn't. Once the Acosta incident was over, he went on to take questions from journalists from all over the world - for a total of 90 minutes. ..."

AZJoe
11-15-2018, 09:13 AM
Not just obnoxious - the question was straight up "When did you stop beating the caravan?" People are supposed to go to journalism school to NOT ask those type questions

Poynter (https://www.poynter.org/news/cnns-jim-acostas-actions-trump-dont-represent-best-journalism)comments on that issue of Acosta's lack of journalist integrity:

"Jim Acosta’s encounter Wednesday at a White House press conference was less about asking questions and more about making statements. ...

Acosta asked the president if Trump had demonized the caravan of Central Americans trekking toward the United States, ending his exchange by stating, “It is not an invasion.” If Acosta had asked “What about that seems like an invasion?” he could have both sought an answer ... Acosta asked. “Do you think that you demonize immigrants?” To which the president answered, “No.” A better question might have been, “How do you respond to the criticism that you are demonizing certain types of immigrants, namely poor immigrants?”

But then Acosta’s questions ended and his statements began. “Your campaign had an ad showing migrants climbing over walls,” ... “They are hundreds of miles away, that’s not an invasion.” ... A briefing is not the same as a cable news wrestling match, where sides shout at each other. Acosta should have handed over the microphone. ..."

Brian4Liberty
11-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Secret Service personnel remove Brenda Lee from near Air Force One after Lee attempted to give President Obama a letter.

A reporter for a small newspaper was forcibly removed from a press area near Air Force One shortly before President Barack Obama arrived at Los Angeles International Airport to depart California early Thursday.

Airport security officers carried the woman away by the feet and arms as she protested her removal.

She later identified herself as Brenda Lee, a writer for the Georgia Informer in Macon and said she has White House press credentials.

“Some animals are more equal than others...”

enhanced_deficit
11-16-2018, 10:26 AM
“Some animals are more equal than others...”

One of the things Trump gets credit for is exposing media hypocrisy/lies, ruining credibility of fakenews media and beating them at their own game.

Perhaps public leaders grown outside media hub of NYC and away from reality TV/fake wrestling etc simply cannot be equipped with the unique media combat skills among other sharp shooter skills he brings to the table.

Brian4Liberty
11-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Judge orders White House to return Jim Acosta's press pass

(CNN) — Federal judge Timothy J. Kelly sided with CNN on Friday, ordering the White House to reinstate chief White House correspondent Jim Acosta's press pass.

The ruling was an initial victory for CNN in its lawsuit against President Trump and several top aides.

The lawsuit alleges that CNN and Acosta's First and Fifth Amendment rights are being violated by the suspension of Acosta's press pass.
Kelly made his ruling on the basis of CNN and Acosta's Fifth Amendment claims, saying the White House did not provide Acosta with the due process required to legally revoke his press pass.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cnn-trump-lawsuit-hearing/index.html

Due process. LOL. Is Acosta under arrest? Is he in jail?

Next up, a lawsuit filed by Starbucks:

“Hey look, Trump didn’t excercise ‘due process’ when he decided where to buy coffee. Unconstitutional!!!”

phill4paul
11-16-2018, 10:41 AM
Judge orders Trump administration to restore CNN reporter Jim Acosta's White House press pass

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html

Simple enough. Issue the following statement.

The White House gives press interviews to reporters at it's leisure. It does so to keep an open communication. However, some reporters feel this is an avenue to enhance their ratings instead of following set rules and the basic rules of candor. From this time forward the White House will only issue press releases with no live one-on-one follow up. You can thank fake-news CNNs Jim Acosta.

Valli6
11-16-2018, 11:33 AM
It’s only temporary.

(from the cnbc link: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html )

Kelly granted CNN's request for a temporary restraining order, ruling that the White House had violated Acosta's due process. He ordered both parties to file a joint status report next week on how to proceed in the case.

CNN asked the judge to quickly rule on the request for a temporary restraining order, arguing that "every day that passes without Acosta regaining his press credentials is a concrete injury."

Justice Department lawyers replied in a court filing that suspending the pass was "lawful" and that the White House held "broad discretion to regulate" journalists' access to the grounds.
Also:

In a statement later on Friday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the Trump administration will return Acosta's pass.

"Today, the court made clear that there is no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House. In response to the court, we will temporarily reinstate the reporter's hard pass. We will also further develop rules and processes to ensure fair and orderly press conferences in the future," Sanders said. "There must be decorum at the White House."
Not entirely clear to me, why Sanders is implying that the court made it clear that there is “no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House.” (Although I agree.) Reports I'm seeing, don't seem to mention the first amendment at all. Is she saying that since the judge didn’t immediately rule that Acosta has been deprived of his first amendment right - we can deduce that that is not an issue here at all? That only the “due process” part is or might be an issue? And is it entirely up to the White House to now develop those rules and processes which will determine what that due process consists of?

spudea
11-16-2018, 11:39 AM
It’s only temporary.

(from the cnbc link: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/judge-orders-trump-administration-to-restore-cnn-reporter-jim-acostas-white-house-press-pass.html )

Also:

Not entirely clear to me, why Sanders is implying that the court made it clear that there is “no absolute First Amendment right to access the White House.” (Although I agree.) Reports I'm seeing, don't seem to mention the first amendment at all. Is she saying that since the judge didn’t immediately rule that Acosta has been deprived of his first amendment right - we can deduce that that is not an issue here at all? That only the “due process” part is or might be an issue? And is it entirely up to the White House to now develop those rules and processes which will determine what that due process consists of?

Yes the judge only sited the due process claims not the first amendment claim, for the temporary restoration.

Jamesiv1
11-16-2018, 11:39 AM
Give Acosta his credential,
put him in the back of the room,
don't call on him.
If he shouts questions
escort him out of the room.
If he resists, yell "Stop resisting!!!"
and taze the sh!t out of him.

acptulsa
11-16-2018, 11:58 AM
Yes the judge only cited the due process claims not the first amendment claim, for the temporary restoration.

Anyone figuring the odds of Trump having another press conference before it goes through?

fcreature
11-16-2018, 12:09 PM
Due process? What does due process have to do with anything? Acosta was not charged with any crime.

I don't even know how a court has any standing to hear this case. There is no legal matter at play. What business does the court have dictating to the executive who they can and cannot let onto the premisis? At some point these rediculous rulings need to simply be ignored.

angelatc
11-16-2018, 12:55 PM
Due process? What does due process have to do with anything? Acosta was not charged with any crime.

I don't even know how a court has any standing to hear this case. There is no legal matter at play. What business does the court have dictating to the executive who they can and cannot let onto the premisis? At some point these rediculous rulings need to simply be ignored.

I agree. I think the bigger issue that is getting decided is simply who is the biggest attention whore?

Anti Federalist
11-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Due process. LOL. Is Acosta under arrest? Is he in jail?

Next up, a lawsuit filed by Starbucks:

“Hey look, Trump didn’t excercise ‘due process’ when he decided where to buy coffee. Unconstitutional!!!”

Only Bolsheviks and Diversity have due process.

Anybody else can be thrown out or forced to bake whatever on any whim.

fcreature
11-16-2018, 01:37 PM
I agree. I think the bigger issue that is getting decided is simply who is the biggest attention whore?

Also sets up some really bad precedent.

So if the rule is that once someone is given a press pass that it cannot be taken away, won't the White House now be incentivized to only issue press passes to those who are likely allies in the media?

nobody's_hero
11-16-2018, 02:22 PM

So if the rule is that once someone is given a press pass that it cannot be taken away, won't the Whitehouse now be incentivized to only issue press passes to those who are likely allies in the media?

That would be an empty press conference. I don't even know if you could call it a press conference without press.

AZJoe
11-16-2018, 02:46 PM
MofA: Acosta and Assange (https://www.moonofalabama.org)

CNN asked the court for a preliminary restraining order against the White House revocation of Acosta's 'hard pass'. It was granted today based on case law related to the Fifth Amendment due process argument. Preliminary orders are not final judgments. … [The Court] left open the possibility that the White House could seek to revoke it again if it provided that due process, emphasizing the "very limited" nature of his ruling and saying he was not making a judgment on the First Amendment claims that CNN and Acosta have made.

The judge seems to thinks that the White House was justified but acted in a too chaotic manner when it revoked Ascota's 'hard pass' without citing rules or regulations. It is most likely that the White House will now create such rules pertaining White House access and press conferences. It will then use those to again limit Acosta's access. …

A number of other media organizations supported the CNN case by filing amicus briefs (https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fox-news-other-news-outlets-file-amicus-briefs-in-support-of-cnn-lawsuit-against-trump-administration/). … The more the media engages on his site, the more will the White House push back by creating stricter regulations. These regulations, once they are laid out, will be used against all media. If not by this administration then by the next one.

It would also be nice if these first amendment defenders would take up a real first amendment case … Julian Assange, the publisher of Wikileaks, has been indicted (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/julian-assange-has-been-charged-prosecutors-reveal-in-inadvertent-court-filing/2018/11/15/9902e6ba-98bd-48df-b447-3e2a4638f05a_story.html?utm_term=.4c60342ae6f5) by the Justice Department for publishing truthful information about illegal and outrageous behavior of the U.S. government and U.S. politicians. I don't see any of those who defend the obnoxious behavior of Acosta, taking a first amendment stand in the case against Wikileaks and Assange. … The indictment of Assange is a grave threat to press freedom (https://theintercept.com/2018/11/16/as-the-obama-doj-concluded-prosecution-of-julian-assange-for-publishing-documents-poses-grave-threats-to-press-freedom/). Where are the editorials defending him?

Brian4Liberty
11-16-2018, 04:33 PM
Breaking: Judge orders that the Whitehouse must serve beef at the next state dinner. “Per the lawsuit filed by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, the decision by Trump to serve chicken instead of beef violates their 5th Amendment right to due process.”

Schifference
11-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Breaking: Judge orders that the Whitehouse must serve beef at the next state dinner. “Per the lawsuit filed by the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, the decision by Trump to serve chicken instead of beef violates their 5th Amendment right to due process.”

A judge sympathizing with Vegan's has over ridden the beef mandating that no meat be served at State dinners.

nobody's_hero
11-16-2018, 05:12 PM
A judge sympathizing with Vegan's has over ridden the beef mandating that no meat be served at State dinners.

A judge supportive of fasting has over-ruled you both.

Dark_Horse_Rider
11-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Not so fast !!

A judge overruled fasting in support of slowcooker meals

RJB
11-16-2018, 05:31 PM
What's the point of this lawsuit? Why is Acosta so important? Why can't CNN just send in another clown? They have a whole circus full of them.

Schifference
11-16-2018, 05:56 PM
Not so fast !!

A judge overruled fasting in support of slowcooker meals

Trump via executive order has eliminated food from the state dinners in pursuit of lowering spending.

angelatc
11-16-2018, 06:09 PM

So if the rule is that once someone is given a press pass that it cannot be taken away, won't the Whitehouse now be incentivized to only issue press passes to those who are likely allies in the media?

Journalism as I know it is dead. The Julian Assanges of the world are now the people who actually break stories, while the networks all seek the instant revenue brought by clicks. Acosta v Trump is clickbait.

angelatc
11-16-2018, 06:22 PM
Only Bolsheviks and Diversity have due process.

Anybody else can be thrown out or forced to bake whatever on any whim.

Glenn Greenwald, circa 2013

Committee to Protect Journalists issues scathing report on Obama administration (https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/10/cpi-report-press-freedoms-obama)

"President Obama will surely pass President Richard Nixon as the worst president ever on issues of national security and press freedom."

Where was Zippy's outrage then?

Has anybody yet explained why he's allowed to post here?

Swordsmyth
11-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Don't forget that other wondrous cornucopia of liberal "rights", "equal protection under the law", they must also serve every other known food.

Swordsmyth
11-16-2018, 06:56 PM
Just stop having press conferences, have individual interviews that last for one question at a time and schedule as many in one day as you feel like.

Swordsmyth
11-16-2018, 07:54 PM
President Trump seems to be already working on a plan to regulate press briefings, hours after a judge ruled an ousted CNN (https://wwd.com/tag/cnn/) reporter’s press access be reinstated.
In an interview with Chris Wallace for Fox (https://wwd.com/tag/fox/) News Sunday, Trump brushed off Judge Timothy Kelly’s Friday ruling (https://wwd.com/business-news/media/cnn-wins-first-round-white-house-access-lawsuit-jim-acosta-1202908770/) that CNN (https://wwd.com/business-news/media/derek-blasberg-cnn-style-show-exit-1202738517/)’s Jim Acosta have his Secret Service pass to the White House grounds be reinstated. Despite the ruling being a interim rejection of The White House argument that the president has “broad” discretion in which credentialed members of the press are allowed access to attend official briefings, Trump said, “It’s not a big deal,” and that his team is already working on “rules” for reporter conduct.
“We’re doing that, we’re going to write them up right now,” Trump told Wallace. “It’s not a big deal and if he misbehaves we’ll throw him out or we’ll stop the news conference.”
Pushing for specifics, Wallace asked if certain things are going to be considered “over the line” and Trump reiterated that these new rules are being written now, but that they will cover “decorum” and outline that reporters “can’t keep asking questions.”
“We had a lot of reporters in that room, many many reporters in that room and they were unable to ask questions because this guy gets up and starts, you know, doing what he’s supposed to be doing for him and for CNN and, you know, just shouting out questions and making statements, too,” Trump said, referring to Acosta refusing to give up a mic during a briefing last week, which led to the revocation of his White House access.

Going forward, Trump said his strategy during briefings will be to simply leave if he doesn’t like the way it’s going.
“If I think somebody is acting out of sorts I will leave, I will say ‘Thank you very much everybody, I appreciate you coming,’ and I’ll leave,” Trump said. “And those reporters will not be too friendly to whoever it is that’s acting up.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-tells-fox-chris-wallace-210435861.html

:up:

phill4paul
11-17-2018, 06:04 AM
“If I think somebody is acting out of sorts I will leave, I will say ‘Thank you very much everybody, I appreciate you coming,’ and I’ll leave,” Trump said. “And those reporters will not be too friendly to whoever it is that’s acting up.”

Exactly. And then sNewz organs won't come to Acosta's defense, they'll excoriate him.

nobody's_hero
11-17-2018, 02:04 PM
Exactly. And then sNewz organs won't come to Acosta's defense, they'll excoriate him.

Trump did sort of make a martyr of the guy. If I'd been behind the podium, I would have said something like, "Thank you all for coming out to Jim Acosta's press conference." and walked out, haha.

Danke
11-17-2018, 02:57 PM
Trump should have replace CNN's position with Infowars. Can you imagine the left's reactions?

Anti Federalist
11-17-2018, 03:31 PM
Trump should have replace CNN's position with Infowars. Can you imagine the left's reactions?

I would have liked to see that.

Acosta out.

David Knight in.

phill4paul
11-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Trump did sort of make a martyr of the guy. If I'd been behind the podium, I would have said something like, "Thank you all for coming out to Jim Acosta's press conference." and walked out, haha.

I agree. He should have said..."This isn't "The Jim Acosta Show." I'v had successful television shows. You don't have what it takes. Next."

Swordsmyth
11-19-2018, 06:30 PM
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday issued "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward" in response to the behavior of CNN's chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, earlier this month.
Sanders laid out three rules for reporters in attendance at future press conferences, adding that if they fail to comply with any of the rules, they may face "suspension or revocation of the journalist's hard pass."
The three rules include: limiting reporters to one question before they must yield the floor to other journalists; asking a follow-up question or questions only at the discretion of President Donald Trump or another White House official answering questions, before then yielding the floor; and "physically surrendering the microphone" to White House staff when applicable for the next questioner.
NBC News White House correspondent Geoff Bennett tweeted out the full press release.

NEW: @PressSec (https://twitter.com/PressSec?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Sarah Sanders issues "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward." pic.twitter.com/V7mhyowEDQ (https://t.co/V7mhyowEDQ)
— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) November 19, 2018 (https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1064626063748329473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
"We have created these rules with a degree of regret. For years, members of the White House press corps have attended countless press events with the President and other officials without engaging in the behavior Mr. Acosta displayed at the November 7, 2018 press conference," Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. "We would have greatly preferred to continue hosting White House press conferences in reliance on a set of understood professional norms, and we believe the overwhelming majority of journalists covering the White House share that preference."
Sanders went on to say the White House is "mindful" a more comprehensive list of rules may need to be created, but added they "have decided not to frame such rules in the hope that professional journalistic norms will suffice to regulate conduct in those place."

More at: https://freebeacon.com/politics/huckabee-sanders-issues-rules-reporters-follow-press-conferences/

Danke
11-19-2018, 06:40 PM
"Sanders laid out three rules for reporters in attendance at future press conferences, adding no Karate chops."

CaptainAmerica
11-20-2018, 12:09 AM
CNN 100% fraudulent

anyone who remembers Ron Paul being blacked out by all major news, should know by now...its all a world stage to create communication breakdown , to usher in ideologies as the solution, and de-elect certain people

UWDude
11-20-2018, 01:40 AM
David Knight in.

The best.

Danke
11-20-2018, 05:54 AM

Acosta out.

David Knight in.

The Real News. Great show.

http://podbay.fm/show/1277232870

https://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/realnewswithdavidknight/index

Schifference
11-20-2018, 06:09 AM
White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Monday issued "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward" in response to the behavior of CNN's chief White House correspondent, Jim Acosta, earlier this month.
Sanders laid out three rules for reporters in attendance at future press conferences, adding that if they fail to comply with any of the rules, they may face "suspension or revocation of the journalist's hard pass."
The three rules include: limiting reporters to one question before they must yield the floor to other journalists; asking a follow-up question or questions only at the discretion of President Donald Trump or another White House official answering questions, before then yielding the floor; and "physically surrendering the microphone" to White House staff when applicable for the next questioner.
NBC News White House correspondent Geoff Bennett tweeted out the full press release.

NEW: @PressSec (https://twitter.com/PressSec?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw) Sarah Sanders issues "rules that will govern White House press conferences going forward." pic.twitter.com/V7mhyowEDQ (https://t.co/V7mhyowEDQ)
— Geoff Bennett (@GeoffRBennett) November 19, 2018 (https://twitter.com/GeoffRBennett/status/1064626063748329473?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)
"We have created these rules with a degree of regret. For years, members of the White House press corps have attended countless press events with the President and other officials without engaging in the behavior Mr. Acosta displayed at the November 7, 2018 press conference," Huckabee Sanders said in a statement. "We would have greatly preferred to continue hosting White House press conferences in reliance on a set of understood professional norms, and we believe the overwhelming majority of journalists covering the White House share that preference."
Sanders went on to say the White House is "mindful" a more comprehensive list of rules may need to be created, but added they "have decided not to frame such rules in the hope that professional journalistic norms will suffice to regulate conduct in those place."

More at: https://freebeacon.com/politics/huckabee-sanders-issues-rules-reporters-follow-press-conferences/

This is a good start. However, the Whitehouse cannot play favoritism. They will have to apply the rules evenly. So Fox cannot get up and be allowed to ask multiple questions while other organizations are limited.

kahless
11-20-2018, 08:07 AM
Jim Acosta is the reason we have stupid warning labels
https://www.conservativereview.com/news/jim-acosta-is-the-reason-we-have-stupid-warning-labels/

Danke
11-20-2018, 08:37 AM

Acosta out.

David Knight in.

Sign the petition! :D

Give Alex Jones press credentials and sit him next to Jim Acosta (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-alex-jones-press-credentials-and-sit-him-next-jim-acosta)https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-alex-jones-press-credentials-and-sit-him-next-jim-acosta

Swordsmyth
11-20-2018, 02:38 PM
Sign the petition! :D

Give Alex Jones press credentials and sit him next to Jim Acosta (https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-alex-jones-press-credentials-and-sit-him-next-jim-acosta)

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/give-alex-jones-press-credentials-and-sit-him-next-jim-acosta

Signed.

Swordsmyth
05-09-2019, 08:34 PM
CNN “journalist” Jim Acosta may soon find himself on the other side of the White House fence once more.
The establishment media operative, known primarily for a series of puerile stunts (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/watch-acosta-lecture-trump-on-caravan-not-an-invasion/) at White House press conferences and his outright political activism conducted under the guise of impartial journalism, could lose his press pass (https://www.thedailybeast.com/white-house-tells-acosta-his-press-pass-will-be-suspended-again) in two weeks.
Acosta’s White House privileges were already revoked (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/revoked-jim-acosta-loses-white-house-press-pass-after-hijacking-trump-presser/) in November after he attempted to take over a Presidential media briefing by demanding President Trump welcome a thousands-strong migrant caravan from Central America into the country. Acosta refused to yield the microphone when his time was up, pushing back from a White House intern who arrived to retrieve it from the career liberal media flack.
Yet, a judge ruled that the CNN showman was entitled to access the White House (https://bigleaguepolitics.com/ridiculous-judge-orders-acostas-white-house-press-credentials-restored/), a ruling that meant Acosta’s press pass was temporarily restored.

The stay preventing the White House from removing Acosta is set to expire, and the Trump administration seems willing to follow through on preventing Acosta from engaging in disruptive and self-promoting behavior during White House press conferences.
Acosta’s been sent a letter confirming that his press pass will be allowed to expire after the judge’s restraining order does the same, which will take place around the end of the month.
CNN has previously stated that it’s going to seek additional rulings on the matter from progressive activist judges, hoping to enshrine a de facto constitutional right for Acosta to waste time and spout off during official White House events.
Acosta’s been keeping relatively quiet lately, perhaps hoping that if he’s able to put on an act of being a serious journalist he’ll be allowed to sit quietly during serious political press conferences.

However, his lengthy resume of progressive protests against President Trump make it all too certain that he’s anything but that.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/jim-acostas-press-pass-to-be-suspended-again/

Occam's Banana
08-05-2023, 12:15 AM
https://twitter.com/SonofHas/status/1687590745971081216
https://i.imgur.com/75khAOt.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/opinion/jim-acosta-trump-white-house-press.html
[archive link: https://archive.li/qa6vU]
https://i.imgur.com/zYctKM9.png

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/08/04/white-house-purges-442-reporters-using-new-press-credential-rules/
https://i.imgur.com/qYwP8PC.png

Occam's Banana
08-05-2023, 12:16 AM
THREAD: White House purges 442 reporters using new press credential rules

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/08/04/white-house-purges-442-reporters-using-new-press-credential-rules/
https://i.imgur.com/qYwP8PC.png