PDA

View Full Version : How Ron can stop Huckabee/Tancredo from stealing his ideas

hawks4ronpaul
12-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Ron needs to

call them out on the spot,

remind people who has been defending the Constitution for 30 years (not 30 days),

and maybe even joke that perhaps opposing staffers bumped into each other backstage and Huckabee and Tancredo are accidentally reading from Paul's speech.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

rfbz
12-13-2007, 04:12 AM
"What's this whole constitution thing Ron Paul keeps talking about, are people really buying that?"

"looks like..I thought for sure he'd be out of the race by now but people keep donating to his campaign"

"damn..well maybe if we start slipping some of his rhetoric into our own speeches, his supporters will view us as having the same ideals as Paul, but being more electable..so when he finally exists the race, we'll get his votes"

Richandler
12-13-2007, 04:14 AM
Huckabee and Tancredo or not stealing Ron's ideas of liberty and prosperity.

theseus51
12-13-2007, 04:15 AM
Maybe Ron Paul should start stealing some of Huckabee's ideas. Oh wait. No, Ron Paul isn't a big government conservative sellout.

defcreative
12-13-2007, 04:18 AM
Being genuine is very hard to fake.

Having a completely consistent voting record is impossible to fake.

Huckabee's money bomb only earned $200K.

Ron Paul will emerge victorious.

Vonhayek7
12-13-2007, 04:20 AM
Ron Paul will get credit, just as he credits his ideas to the Austrians. Lets not make this a subtle intellectual property right argument :).

theseus51
12-13-2007, 04:22 AM
From my understanding, Tancredo has always "talked" about the Constitution. But with his support for the war, I guess he just doesn't "follow" the Constitution.

familydog
12-13-2007, 05:04 AM
We should be happy that people are finally starting to talk about the constitution instead of ignoring it. And yeah as far as I know Tancredo has always talked about the Constitution just not as much as Ron Paul. Huckabee's big selling point is his faith, not his support for the Constitution so it's not like he'll be stealing any votes away if he mentions it once or twice.

Taco John
12-13-2007, 05:32 AM
I wouldn't worry about it... It's happening across the board. The reason they're doing it is because we're winning. Just ignore the polls. They're soft, and they don't matter. Polls rarely predict Iowa right. And New Hampshire is affected by Iowa.

Right now, we're running about third in Iowa, and the campaign is gearing up for a serious push towards first. If you want to help this effort, the best thing you can do right now is join the letter writing campaign. First in Iowa would shock this nation into reality.

fuzzybekool
12-13-2007, 05:34 AM
Yes, I believe Ron Paul has to start getting a little more confrontational and calling them out on the spot.

EvilEngineer
12-13-2007, 06:15 AM
30.06 ?

Kingfisher
12-13-2007, 06:31 AM
Ron needs to

call them out on the spot,

remind people who has been defending the Constitution for 30 years (not 30 days),

and maybe even joke that perhaps opposing staffers bumped into each other backstage and Huckabee and Tancredo are accidentally reading from Paul's speech.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Absolutely!!

bobmurph
12-13-2007, 06:58 AM
They're not Ron's ideas, per se. They're the fundamentals of conservatism and libertarianism. They're the same ideas about liberty that the founders spoke of. And the same economic principles that have been established by the Austrians. Ron is changing the debate. This is the most obvious effect of his candidacy on the debate. If Paul were not in the race the other candidates would not be talking about liberty and the Constitution with nearly as much fervor.

CJLauderdale4
12-13-2007, 07:06 AM
Ron should say something like this:

"You know, my grassroots supporters have named my campaign a Revolution. But every debate I attend there really appears to be a Great Awakening on the stage, with Tom talking about the Constitution now, and Mike Huckabee talking about removing the IRS, and......"

Just lay into them...!!