PDA

View Full Version : “Man, if he beats her… Jesus! F**king John James. That would suck!

aGameOfThrones
11-05-2018, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiFl8yr5gr0&feature=youtu.be

A reporter for a Michigan newspaper called Michigan Senate Republican candidate John James’s campaign looking for an interview and thought she hung up the phone before leaving a voicemail saying “fucking John James … that would suck.”

Brenda Battel, a reporter for Huron Daily Tribune, left the voicemail on James’s campaign offices phone number at 3:40 PM Monday, requesting the interview for Wednesday, the day after the Nov. 6 midterm elections. In the voicemail, she expresses her interest in interviewing James, believes she hung up the phone, and then goes on to curse about a possible James victory, saying she doesn’t think it will happen.

“Hi, my name is Brenda Battel, I’m a reporter with the Huron Daily Tribune in Bad Axe, Michigan,” Battel said in the voicemail.

“I’m looking to set up an appointment with Mr. James for some time on Wednesday for a phone interview regarding the election results,” Battel continued. “I’m probably going to send an email over to the info@johnjamesforsenate.com with some details. Um, if you’d like to call me back, my number is … extension … Thank you.”

Battel attempts to hang up after giving her number, but the phone remains connected.

“Man, if he beats her… Jesus! Fucking John James. That would suck! Whew I don’t think it’s going to happen though,” Battel continued.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/05/reporter-john-james-midterms-michigan/

enhanced_deficit
11-05-2018, 09:30 PM
This could be huge, he's endorsed by widely respected neocon John Bolton as well as MAGA:

Trump-backed John James wins Senate GOP primary in Michigan

https://images.axios.com/Ke5vkbJVsNVMw_fgLWXJQzodPDM=/0x132:3000x1819/1920x1080/2018/08/08/1533688983711.jpg

John James, Republican nominee for Senate in Michigan. Photo: Bill Pugliano/Getty Images

John James is the latest underdog candidate to get a boost from President Trump — and it worked. "Rarely have I seen a candidate with such great potential," Trump tweeted (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1022872576211730432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1022872576211730432&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2018%2F08% 2F03%2Fus%2Fpolitics%2Fjohn-james-michigan.html). "[He] is SPECTACULAR!"

https://www.axios.com/michigan-republican-senate-gop-primary-results-2018-midterm-elections-8ffb916d-81a0-4250-917a-8bfe454305ec.html

Reporters should be objective, at least until they completely hang up their phones. But she may be right though and his win would suck if following is correct and he's another Natanyahu-Conservtive pawn of war lobbies, Senate is already loaded with such tools:

Ending Spending Action Fund, which is funded by the Adelson and Ricketts families (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?527899-Soros-vs-Adelson-whose-political-funding-is-better-for-cause-of-liberty&p=6700407&viewfull=1#post6700407), is launching a $1 million advertising campaign to boost Republican John James, an underdog Senate candidate in Michigan.

Adelson: US should drop atomic bomb on Iran

American-Jewish billionaire blasts Obama over negotiations with Tehran; says US should show Iran nuclear capabilities.
By Maya Shwayder, JERUSALEM POST CORRESPONDENT
October 24, 2013

Click here to view the original image of 897x627px.
https://images.jpost.com/image/upload/f_auto,fl_lossy/t_Article2016_Control/229168

angelatc
11-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Michigan Republicans are second in uselessness only to the Libertarians. They took over all three branches of government 8 years ago, fixed a lot of the economy, undid a bunch of horrible things Grahholm did....and somehow managed to turn all that success into what is likely to be a Democrat sweep.

Part of this is because the GOP refused to legalize pot via the legislature last June. There were 3 groups of Republicans - Group 1 was the religious / conservative faction that will fight to the death to keep it illegal. The second group wanted it legal, but not corporate. They wanted to allow home growers, not just legal sales. The third group doesn't care about anything except winning R seats.

The speaker of the house had poll numbers showing that if it was on the ballot, the voters would split 50/50 on it so it wouldn't affect turnout, especially since those same polls showed the new voters were pretty much leaning left. Group #2 thought that was bad advice. But they also thought if Scheutte (governor candidate on the right) was elected, they wouldn't be able to force budget cuts to the table, because it would look bad to see the GOP in-fighting. (Yes, that's pretty effed up.) SO group 2 decided to just sit back and hand the election to Gretchen Whitmer, a Granholm clone, so they can pretend like they''re trying to pass budget cuts.

The only good thing is that having it on the ballot gives backyard growers some protections, as it takes more than 50+1 to change a ballot initiative in the legislature.

James is not a Libertarian, and I am not voting for him. However from the GOP perspective he's a great candidate. But I doubt he'll be good enough to overcome Stagnant Stabenow.

dannno
11-05-2018, 10:18 PM
I am not voting for him.

Ahh c'mon, I'll be your best frriiieeeennndddd....

KEEF
11-06-2018, 04:21 AM
Michigan Republicans are second in uselessness only to the Libertarians. They took over all three branches of government 8 years ago, fixed a lot of the economy, undid a bunch of horrible things Grahholm did....and somehow managed to turn all that success into what is likely to be a Democrat sweep.

Part of this is because the GOP refused to legalize pot via the legislature last June. There were 3 groups of Republicans - Group 1 was the religious / conservative faction that will fight to the death to keep it illegal. The second group wanted it legal, but not corporate. They wanted to allow home growers, not just legal sales. The third group doesn't care about anything except winning R seats.

The speaker of the house had poll numbers showing that if it was on the ballot, the voters would split 50/50 on it so it wouldn't affect turnout, especially since those same polls showed the new voters were pretty much leaning left. Group #2 thought that was bad advice. But they also thought if Scheutte (governor candidate on the right) was elected, they wouldn't be able to force budget cuts to the table, because it would look bad to see the GOP in-fighting. (Yes, that's pretty effed up.) SO group 2 decided to just sit back and hand the election to Gretchen Whitmer, a Granholm clone, so they can pretend like they''re trying to pass budget cuts.

The only good thing is that having it on the ballot gives backyard growers some protections, as it takes more than 50+1 to change a ballot initiative in the legislature.

James is not a Libertarian, and I am not voting for him. However from the GOP perspective he's a great candidate. But I doubt he'll be good enough to overcome Stagnant Stabenow.
This is a very spot on assessment of Michigan GOP.

ThePaleoLibertarian
11-06-2018, 04:36 AM
He seems better than the alternative. Stabenow has been an incumbent for what seems like millennia:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5DXLV7ZbqQ

specsaregood
11-06-2018, 08:28 AM
saw a report that this reporter has been fired.

oyarde
11-06-2018, 08:57 AM

Yes it is , in the back of my mind though it is hard to imagine they could not meet with the second group of GOP on pot somewhere and allow home use.

oyarde
11-06-2018, 08:59 AM
saw a report that this reporter has been fired.

The Hurons do not read the Bad Axe Huron Daily Tribune .

brushfire
11-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Blue wave = Blue ice?

oyarde
11-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Ahh c'mon, I'll be your best frriiieeeennndddd....

I will send Danke to wash her car if she does .

angelatc
11-06-2018, 10:12 AM

They're melting down on Facebook over prop 1.

angelatc
11-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Yes it is , in the back of my mind though it is hard to imagine they could not meet with the second group of GOP on pot somewhere and allow home use.

Lobbyist cash. They wanted the corporations to control distribution and sales.

EBounding
11-06-2018, 11:08 AM

I loved hearing alcoholic L Brooks Patterson explain the dangers of the proposal a few weeks ago while calling people potheads.

Brian4Liberty
11-06-2018, 12:12 PM

And wasn’t it Spencer “I’m a US Chamber of Commerce bitch” Abraham who brought us Stabunow? She would have never won if not for the crony corruption of Abraham.

nobody's_hero
11-06-2018, 03:07 PM
"I'm John James, b*%cH!"

Brian4Liberty
11-06-2018, 03:13 PM
Another unbiased, non-partisan media outlet...

KEEF
11-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Prop 1 better pass!

eleganz
11-06-2018, 04:23 PM
Guys that was a hilarious voicemail. Lighten up!