PDA

View Full Version : Investigation Underway Into Alleged Failed Hack By Democratic Party of Georgia

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 07:24 PM
After an alleged failed attempt to hack the state’s voter registration system, the Secretary of State’s office opened an investigation into the Democratic Party of Georgia on the evening of Saturday, November 3, 2018. Federal partners, including the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Bureau of Investigation, were immediately alerted.Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp (R), who is running for governor, made the announcement two days before the midterm elections in which he is running against Democrat Stacey Abrams.
“While we cannot comment on the specifics of an ongoing investigation, I can confirm that the Democratic Party of Georgia is under investigation for possible cyber crimes,” said Candice Broce, Press Secretary. “We can also confirm that no personal data was breached and our system remains secure.”

https://breaking911.com/investigation-underway-into-alleged-failed-hack-by-democratic-party-of-georgia/

Zippyjuan
11-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Funny coincidence that the Secretary of State in Georgia (Kemp) is running for Governor as a Republican and benefits from such a charge being made- the election is very close. He is responsible for the elections and a candidate- now using that position to accuse his opposition. Conflict of interest?

Election shenanigans but by which party?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/04/politics/georgia-voter-registration-hacking-attempt-investigation/index.html

The move comes just two days before Election Day, when voters will choose between Kemp, a Republican, and Democrat Stacey Abrams in the state's high-profile race for governor.

Democrats and advocacy groups have previously argued that Kemp has a conflict of interest in overseeing an election he is also running in, and some have called on him to resign.

Kemp's position as secretary of state has been a major issue in his race for governor, particularly his role overseeing the state's elections. Democrats and advocacy groups, including the American Civil Liberties Union, have accused him of using his position to suppress the minority vote through purges of the voting rolls and what they have described as an overzealous enforcement of already strict laws.

A federal court issued an injunction barring the state from rejecting absentee ballots whose signatures don't directly match those on voters' registration. An appeals court declined Kemp's request to end the injunction late last week.

Kemp has also been accused in a federal lawsuit of failing to secure his state's voting system as secretary of state and allowing a massive breach in 2015 that exposed 6 million registered Georgia voters' records and other sensitive election information.

Kemp responded by assuring that Georgia's voting equipment "remains accurate and secure" and that the "hysteria" behind pressuring Georgia to switch to a paper ballot system is based on "misinformation."

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Funny coincidence that the Secretary of State in Georgia Kemp is running for Governor as a Republican and benefits from such a charge being made. Conflict of interest?

Election shenanigans but by which party?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/04/politics/georgia-voter-registration-hacking-attempt-investigation/index.html

:sleeping:

Grandmastersexsay
11-05-2018, 08:04 AM
Conflict of interest?

Vs dereliction of duty.

nobody's_hero
11-05-2018, 12:24 PM
My family lives in Georgia. I've mentioned it before, but in 2016 my mother went to vote in this state, and was told she had already voted. The woman had not voted in over 2 decades. I guess someone figured if she wasn't gonna use her vote, they could help themselves to it. The poll workers cleared her card and let her vote (I didn't know they could do that, who knows if it even counted?). There was never any follow-up.