PDA

View Full Version : So, About That Tax Cut...

TheCount
11-03-2018, 08:17 AM
It's November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXxio7EmizI

spudea
11-03-2018, 08:40 AM
"I lean toward a flat tax. But I want to make it real flat, like zero.” - Congressman Ron Paul

angelatc
11-03-2018, 10:44 AM
"The income tax is absolutely the worst way to raise revenue." - Ron Paul

Zippyjuan
11-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Wasn't that immigrant caravan supposed to be at the border this week too? Soros was going to bus them in?

RJ Liberty
11-03-2018, 11:44 AM
Trump's standard deduction tax plan will help me, this year, but without massively decreased federal spending, that debt will just burden my children.

Grandmastersexsay
11-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Trump's standard deduction tax plan will help me, this year, but without massively decreased federal spending, that debt will just burden my children.

Agreed but the federal government is bringing in more tax revenue since the cuts.

RJ Liberty
11-03-2018, 12:12 PM
Agreed but the federal government is bringing in more tax revenue since the cuts.

Is the increased revenue enough to cover the massively increased spending?

angelatc
11-03-2018, 12:33 PM

But the debt is still growing. We need to cut spending.

angelatc
11-03-2018, 12:34 PM
Wasn't that immigrant caravan supposed to be at the border this week too? Soros was going to bus them in?

Zippy must be a silent owner / partner on this site. That's the only thing that explains why he doesn't get banned for trolling.

Ender
11-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Zippy must be a silent owner / partner on this site. That's the only thing that explains why he doesn't get banned for trolling.

That was sarcasm-

And never understood all the angst about Zippy- Zip's always polite- just presents a different POV to consider- and we should all be looking at all sides of any equation.

IMHPOV, the "hater" trolls are the real problem here.

Danke
11-03-2018, 01:45 PM
That was sarcasm-

And never understood all the angst about Zippy- Zip's always polite- just presents a different POV to consider- and we should all be looking at all sides of any equation.

IMHPOV, the "hater" trolls are the real problem here.

"different POV"

That's called mainstream media. I get enough of that on Yahoo! News.

CaptUSA
11-03-2018, 02:23 PM
The spending is the real tax.

TheCount
11-03-2018, 03:32 PM
This triggers the populist.

CCTelander
11-03-2018, 03:50 PM

But Trump's doing so many other "good" things that this is not that big a deal. Get with the program.

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 03:52 PM
"different POV"

Ender's job as a member of team troll is to make far less obviously bad posts and then chime in to defend the other trolls when they are called out so that his better reputation confuses some people into accepting his ridiculous defense of the indefensible.

"Sarcasm" is his favorite defense but it isn't good enough, usually the trolls were either obviously not being sarcastic or their sarcasm was obvious and understood by everyone already and it was the message sent by the sarcasm that was the problem.

Ender
11-03-2018, 04:15 PM
"different POV"

So why are you reading Yahoo News? Sounds like a personal problem.

dannno
11-03-2018, 04:23 PM

To see what propaganda the enemy is posting so we recognize it when we see it here?

Zippyjuan
11-03-2018, 05:02 PM

Are they?

. The Journal’s “misleading” analysis, Goldwein said in a long twitter thread, is based on nominal data for the 2018 fiscal year, and the increase in revenue disappears as soon as the inflation is factored in. More fundamentally, it doesn’t make much sense to include data from last fall when analyzing the effects of the tax cuts, Goldwein said, since the legislation didn’t go into effect until this year, and the numbers include larger-than-expected tax revenues from the 2017 tax year. Looking at just the 2018 calendar year, it’s clear that tax revenues are indeed falling.

http://cdn.thefiscaltimes.com/cdn/farfuture/MqvlR6lwxha_BAnnxeejiasYwu7Xwc980VNHXT0LVDQ/mtime:1534195128/sites/default/files/styles/inline/public/chart-tax-revenues-Goldwein-08132018.png?itok=eb2_CCGl

“Government revenue fell 3% last month compared with a year earlier, while spending grew 10%.

Deficits are rising partly because business and individual tax rates were cut last year while government spending has been ramped up.

Gross corporate tax revenues fell 34% in July from the prior year, while taxes from individual withholding fell a smaller 1%.”

Danke
11-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Ender's job as a member of team troll is to make far less obviously bad posts and then chime in to defend the other trolls when they are called out so that his better reputation confuses some people into accepting his ridiculous defense of the indefensible.

"Sarcasm" is his favorite defense but it isn't good enough, usually the trolls were either obviously not being sarcastic or their sarcasm was obvious and understood by everyone already and it was the message sent by the sarcasm that was the problem.

https://media.giphy.com/media/9mVms6Z3p8VZC/giphy.gif

Danke
11-03-2018, 05:45 PM

THANK YOU @Anti Federalist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=3169) and @jmdrake (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=849) for showing us how great a real discussion on different POVs can be!

No name-calling, no innuendoes- just respect & clarification.

'cause I enjoy the comments, they are usual debunk the crap articles.

I also visit Drudge, which many time links to other MSM articles, like NYT, Washington Post, etc.

spudea
11-03-2018, 06:01 PM
Are they?

This is what garbage fact checkers do, they take a statement like: tax revenues rose. and then they insert a different definition in order to suit their own biased argument. The same individual you are quoting [I like how you didn't link it, and I was forced to find the Fiscal Times article] said the following in his twitter thread: "It is true, nominal revenue from Oct-July is 1% higher than the same period last year. But that growth can be more than explained by inflation." So he is changing the definition of tax revenue. He also gave the following disclaimer when he tried to isolate just the Jan'18 to Jul'18 data: "(*footnote: to calculate tax year data, I removed non-withheld income and payroll tax revenue plus all revenue in October, November, and December. This methodology is imperfect, but should give us a rough sense)."

So he is criticizing the WSJ when his own data is IMPERFECT. What a fucking joke.

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 06:04 PM
This is what garbage fact checkers do, they take a statement like: tax revenues rose. and then they insert a different definition in order to suit their own biased argument. The same individual you are quoting [I like how you didn't link it, and I was forced to find the Fiscal Times article] said the following in his twitter thread: "It is true, nominal revenue from Oct-July is 1% higher than the same period last year. But that growth can be more than explained by inflation." So he is changing the definition of tax revenue. He also gave the following disclaimer when he tried to isolate just the Jan'18 to Jul'18 data: "(*footnote: to calculate tax year data, I removed non-withheld income and payroll tax revenue plus all revenue in October, November, and December. This methodology is imperfect, but should give us a rough sense)."

So he is criticizing the WSJ when his own data is IMPERFECT. What a $#@!ing joke.
Maybe you just don't understand zippy's sarcasm.:sarcasm:

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2018, 06:06 PM

So no one is supposed to present a differing point of view from yours and tims?

You know, I find it interesting that you have SO much time to post here on a libertarian forum... All hours of the day, it seems. Like you don't have anything else to do but make a TON of pro-Trump posts on this otherwise libertarian forum.

Interesting, that.

Grandmastersexsay
11-03-2018, 06:12 PM
Is the increased revenue enough to cover the massively increased spending?

But the debt is still growing. We need to cut spending.

Obviously the federal budget is out of control and discretionary and non discretionary spending need to be cut. However, I was responding to a post insinuating that the tax cuts increased the deficit, while in reality, they decreased it.

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 06:15 PM
So no one is supposed to present a differing point of view from yours and tims?
Who said that?
We just don't need the blatant enemies and their wingmen.
You seem rather keen on giving the trolls cover yourself in addition to pushing anarchy to drive normal people away from the site.

You know, I find it interesting that you have SO much time to post here on a libertarian forum... All hours of the day, it seems. Like you don't have anything else to do but make a TON of pro-Trump posts on this otherwise libertarian forum.

Interesting, that.
I am able to fit in many pro-liberty posts between doing other things, I know that makes team troll sad.

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2018, 06:22 PM
Who said that?
We just don't need the blatant enemies and their wingmen.

You said that, implicitly. You didn't address his post, you just called him a troll. Ender has been here a lot longer than you.

Also, I find it interesting that you just showed up here in 2016. Hmm. How about that?

You seem rather keen on giving the trolls cover yourself in addition to pushing anarchy to drive normal people away from the site.

Been here for years, chief. My record here is clear, and I'm not ashamed of it... and believe me, we anti-statists aren't driving anyone away. But you seem to be doing your level best to give the impression that RP is somehow a nativist/nationalist a la Trump, with your Work here @ RPF.

I am able to fit in many pro-liberty posts between doing other things, I know that makes team troll sad.

lol, sure sure ya are, buddy.

ETA: I appreciate that admission... "fit in many pro-liberty posts..." You know, outside of all of your anti-liberty posts. So is it a per-post rate, or just hourly?

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 06:29 PM
You said that, implicitly. You didn't address his post, you just called him a troll. Ender has been here a lot longer than you.

Also, I find it interesting that you just showed up here in 2016. Hmm. How about that?

Been here for years, chief. My record here is clear, and I'm not ashamed of it... and believe me, we anti-statists aren't driving anyone away. But you seem to be doing your level best to give the impression that RP is somehow a nativist/nationalist a la Trump, with your Work here @ RPF.

lol, sure sure ya are, buddy.

ETA: I appreciate that admission... "fit in many pro-liberty posts..." You know, outside of all of your anti-liberty posts. So is it a per-post rate, or just hourly?
:rolleyes:

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2018, 06:30 PM

:up:

Is that the directed response on the flow chart?

ETA: Ran a quick calculation... you're averaging 26 posts per day, assuming you joined on 4/1/16... that's a pretty good clip, eh? A rather generous investment of time, I'd think. Probably pays well...

CCTelander
11-03-2018, 06:48 PM

ETA: Ran a quick calculation... you're averaging 26 posts per day, assuming you joined on 4/1/16... that's a pretty good clip, eh? A rather generous investment of time, I'd think. Probably pays well...

I did a quick count one time. He must have started out slowly because nowadays he's averaging between 40 and 60 posts a day. He's claimed it's "just a hobby." Apparently a hobby he's pretty passionate about.

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 06:51 PM

It is the only response that post deserves.

Or this one.

Grandmastersexsay
11-03-2018, 06:54 PM
I did a quick count one time. He must have started out slowly because nowadays he's averaging between 40 and 60 posts a day. He's claimed it's "just a hobby." Apparently a hobby he's pretty passionate about.

There are dozens of people on here. It makes perfect sense to target such a site with paid for propaganda. Do you know how much you could sway elections by influencing the dozens of people on here? It's mind boggling!

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2018, 06:55 PM

Wow!

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and go with the low end - 40 posts per day, and assume he's in front of a computer for 10 hours a day (and it gets worse the fewer hours he spends in front of a screen, obv)... that's one post every 15 minutes. el oh el. One post every 15 minutes basically since Trump became president... HOW ABOUT THAT!? Here on a libertarian forum where we're known for being legitimately difficult to wrangle into the day-to-day fold... Isn't that SOMETHING? :tears:

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2018, 06:57 PM
There are dozens of people on here. It makes perfect sense to target such a site with paid for propaganda. Do you know how much you could sway elections by influencing the dozens of people on here? It's mind boggling!

EXACTLY.

(please note that this line of posting BEGAN with swordsmyth calling Ender a "troll"... in case my sarc was lost on you...)

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2018, 06:57 PM
It is the only response that post deserves.

Or this one.

That's exactly what someone would say when they have no legitimate response. Hmmm....

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 07:15 PM
EXACTLY.

(please note that this line of posting BEGAN with swordsmyth calling Ender a "troll"... in case my sarc was lost on you...)

Did I call him a paid troll?

And we may have paid trolls here, they could be assigned to post here in between posting on other more popular forums/platforms, the fact that I post as frequently here as I do is actually evidence I am not a paid troll because I don't spend any time anywhere else.

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 07:19 PM
That's exactly what someone would say when they have no legitimate response.

Or when the post isn't worth any other response.

You think you are winning this exchange but only your little circle of kool-aid drinkers/trolls agrees with you so I don't have to bother with a rigorous debate over your drivel.

This all started when Ender yet again rushed to the defense of the single most obvious troll on the site and now you are rushing to his...........

tfurrh
11-03-2018, 07:24 PM

You think you are winning this exchange but only your little circle of kool-aid drinkers/trolls agrees with you so I don't have to bother with a rigorous debate over your drivel.

This all started when Ender yet again rushed to the defense of the single most obvious troll on the site and now you are rushing to his...........

Bruh

Swordsmyth
11-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Bruh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifv-3aSEckA

RJ Liberty
11-03-2018, 10:55 PM

For the record, 390 logged-in users (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/memberlist.php?page=13&pp=30&order=desc&sort=lastvisit) visited RPF this month, and ~1,450 individual users logged in this year. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/memberlist.php?page=49&pp=30&order=desc&sort=lastvisit) While that's not huge, factor in the many lurkers (I was one for many years and suspect that Nielsen's estimate that 90% of forum readers never log in (https://www.nngroup.com/articles/participation-inequality/) is accurate), which would put the number of forum users this year at 14,500. The forum is unfortunately a worthy target for political propaganda. All it would take is a dozen hyper-active accounts to influence about 14,500 people.

Ender
11-04-2018, 12:47 AM

YOU are calling ME a troll? LOL

You're the biggest pusher of hate and discord on the forum- I would say that YOU are the biggest troll here. Your constant dialog is one of pushing the left/right BS & calling any real lovers of liberty "trolls".

Pretty sure that if anyone is being paid to troll this forum, it is YOU.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 12:57 AM

You're the biggest pusher of hate and discord on the forum- I would say that YOU are the biggest troll here. Your constant dialog is one of pushing the left/right BS & calling any real lovers of liberty "trolls".

Pretty sure that if anyone is being paid to troll this forum, it is YOU.
Funny how you defend zippy who outright opposes the mission but join in the campaign by the trolls to demonize me for having a few different opinions.

Danke
11-04-2018, 05:25 AM

You're the biggest pusher of hate...

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/419/401/c77.jpg

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/image/jpeg;base64,/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wCEAAkGBxMHERUSEhIVFhUXEBgREBAQEBAXFxUZFRIXFhUSEx YYHSggGBolGxUVITEhJSkrLi4uFx8zODMtNygtLisBCgoKBQUF DgUFDisZExkrKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrKy srKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrKysrK//AABEIAPYAzQMBIgACEQEDEQH/xAAcAAEAAwEBAQEBAAAAAAAAAAAABQYHBAMCCAH/xABREAACAQMCAgUHBQoLBgcBAAABAgADBBEFEiExBhMiQVEHFD JSYXGBFXKRkqEjM0Jik5SxstHSFjQ1RFR0goOzwcMIJHN1ovFV Y4SkwsTTF//EABQBAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD/xAAUEQEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA/9oADAMBAAIRAxEAPwDcYiICIiAiIgIic15dpZIXq1FpoBlnqMq qPex4QOmeNSoKQLEgAAkknAAHMkzONW8rNNiU0 3q3TDh1p 5Uc/PfifoGe4yoaxcXnStib6sFo7spZWzMtPHHazvzc8f 3KBdNY8q9CmTTsaNS8qByhZOxRBHP7sRx9mBg PEZrl10u1jUTlatC0XdkLSorVcDwJfIOefdOWhRW3UIihVAwqq MAT7gfz5a1n/wAV/wDYWn7J/PlTVanFtVfP4trbKPoAn1ED4 UdU/8AFav5vQ/ZP6mtavancmpCp3mncW1LYefZYgZHwn1ECUtfKVqNp9/sKNYccm0rNTI/sVckyd0/yt6fcELXNa1bONt1QdePzkyMe/Ep0 KtNaw2soYd6sMg/CBtdpdJeoKlN1dCAVem6srDnlSOBnVPz3aac iVBWsKjUKoOWXezUqv4lVDzHE 7ORxl/6JeUcajUW1vqYt7ljtpEZ6muf/ACnPok oT4DOTiBosREBERAREQEREBERARE4NU1CnpdF69VtqU0Lu2M4C r4DmfZAjOm/SROito9w CwGyhTOfulQg7E4e4n3AzGH01taPnF 7VqrN1jIzsKdPcvCkiZwAOU7tY1mv03rpWqqaVpTYVLS2bg7OB 99q/bjuxjnxJ6YHzTprSAVQAoGFVRgAeqon1EQEREBERAREQEREBOb ULBNQQo4yM7lZThlbudD3GdMQO3o509uOjJSlqDGvbEqi3wGal LuArrzcfj8/eeE1y0uUu0WpTYOjKGR0YMrA/hKRzmKOgcYIBBGCrDIM59C1C46E1C9qDVtT2q9gzN2T69uTna/s7/bw2hvkSE6N6/Q6T0EuLdgyNwYHg1N150qg7mGftBGQQZNwEREBERAREQEo3llu mt9JrBOdRqdDJ7g9VQ32ZH9qXmYn091Y9KNRNupza2bguO6pcr nPzgg3DHir9xgc1JOqUL4KFBPftXbPuIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiA iIgIiIHFYao3Qm689pjNCoy07 io5ru4VwPXBb45PiTN4oVluFV1IKsAyMOIYEZBHwmIV6S3CsjD KspVlPeG9KWnyM6z9yqabVb7rbOxpBjxegzZR18QCcewMggabE RAREQERED4dtgyfDJn556N1fO6dSvxPXXVavltu473Pab28Jsn T7XB0d0 4r7trCkyUTgHNVxtp8O/iQT7AZkWgWnmNtSpnORTywbmGc73X4EkQJCIiAiIgIiICIiAiI gIiICIiAiIgJ56Nd/I sWVbktbdZVTtz6f3peHi 36s9AMSC6aHZalxwZKlN0Yc1ZXA3L7eMD9HxEQEREBERAzXy4g NbWQPI6tQBBHAjq60q8n/LRU6yrp1HLANdPXKgDiaCAhs ze31jICBnWp6hd6lePSo1HBFR0SnTqbBiln2jjhSeMfJWq tW/O1/fn90ZSNXb sVz8NtSaJAzr5K1X1q352v78fJWq tW/O1/fmixAy3VGvtL29dVrLuzt/3lmzjGfRc IknT0XUqgBFw CAw/3mr FPfymfzf8AvP8ATlys/vafMX9WBR/kHUv6Q35zVnhcWF9bHD3gU D3rKftMnOmuvtpwFGkcOy7nYc1X0V2 08fdM7Zi5yTxzkknJJgW6lpGo1wGS6JHcy3bkfSJ/fkHUv6Q35zVla0zUqmmPvpNg94/BYeDDvmsaRfrqdFKqjG5eK59FhwK/TAzrV/PdJKipcVMsCy7bioeA M1CUDykDFSl8xv0iX Bm9Wpd6hd1qNGvUGKtXapruqhVc8BxnV8g6l/SG/OasdHP5VrfPr/ryU6a6 2ngUaRw7LuZhzVfRXHtPH3QIS4sL62OHvAp8HvWU/aZ7UNI1GsNy3JYHky3bkH4gyosxc5J45ySTkkzq03Uammtvptj 1lPFWHquO8QLL8g6l/SG/Oas a3RzULgbXrFl71a4cqfgZddJv11OilVR6S8V9VhwK/TOswObyGa1d32pVaVxdV6irZuRTrV6tRQwr0V3AEkZwWGfxpvc/N3kU1BbPXHRh9 StRQ Db1q/opEfGfpGAiIgIiIGT WBusv9MUdy3TN7mSmv8AlIWTvlkoGnc6dXHLra1uwzxPWoNnw7 L/AGSCgea2yKxcIu8jDMEXcR6rHnPSIgIiIFH8pn83/vP9OXKz 9p8xf1ZTfKZ/N/7z/Tlys/vafMX9WBmvTpSL188iqFfdsA/SDK9NR6WdHvlZQ6Y6xRhQeAZfUz3ez3zOLqzqWZ21EZTnGGVh9 HjA5ZpXk9UraHPI1mK 7ag/SDKfo/R6tqrdlSqZ7VVlwoH4vifdNPsLRbCmtNPRVdo8T6zN7SeMCk Un75S Y36wl lB8pP3yl8xv1hL9AoPRz Va3z6/68jenSkXr55FUK 7YB kGSXRz Va3z6/68nulnR75WUOmOsUYUHgGX1M93s98DLonVdWdSzO2ojKc4wysP o8ZIaP0eraq3ZUqme1VZcKB L4n3QLh5PVK2hzyNZivu2oP0gyzznsLNbCmtNPRVdozzPrM3tJ 4zogUfyc3aWeuUHqNtXzmom7HDLrURPpdwM90/VU/IXR62a71SlTXm96iE7WOB5wrM3wAyfZmfr2AiIgIiIGf WLS6t/YrXojL2tdbrZ2u0iBlqL9Bz7lPjKPZ3K3iLUQ5VlDKf8A4zdWU MMHljBBHAifnjo/btpXXWVUYqW1UoSOTK5LpVX2EHI9mPGBMREQERPO4rraqXcgKB lieQECs9N9Irap1PUpu279/bprjds28yPAyKW11ZQAN2AMAdZQ4D6Zd7G p6gnWU2DLnG4bhx9XDcVnRAoPm2r LflKH7Y821fxb8pQ/bL9ECg bav4t UoftjzbV/FvylD9sv0QM1vtC1HUCDVRnIGFLVKXAfTNKiIGf3OiX1K5q1qK EbqrsrB6QJV3J5MZ9ebav4t Uoftk3001KvpiU2okKCxV22oxB27kXB8e33fgj4zGk3nn9GnV4 dpAW4MAGHBwu7wIIgUzzbV/FvylD9sebav4t Uoftl iBQfNtX8W/KUP2x5tq/i35Sh 2X6IFZ8lej3Flrdq1WnxPXucuh4dQ6l BPe4n6Yn5uv9eXSrulc27hri2YlqOGIdH7FVN23ngn3cT3T9B6 NqKavQp16RylSmtRCQwOCPAwO6IiAiIgJjHlIsfkjVqdxgineU RSqNns9dS4Ju8MoEAHf2vbNnlb6cdG16VWdS3YgNjfQqH8Cqno Pnu7wcdzGBmMSM0au4DW9ZWS4oEU7hKhy2V5Pv5Opxnd kEEycBKx0s1BbihdUQDmkKJdjtwd7ow2yzyj6jT6y31Fzkt50E znPZpVUwvwBgd3k6/ir/wBYb/DSWqU7oTe09Ps3eq21fOCMkNx7CcgvOW23rrdKHQgqRlSORED0 iIgIiICIiBF9JrH5QtaiAZYJuTC7m3Jxwo9Y8U4eMr/k5vMCpROOYqoMNk7sI/Hlwwn1j8LpM4tyNA1MrkBOt2EBiFCVPR3k89gdSc96cBo8REBE Ss9JukzaNWRFphgUDuSWzhmK7V9U9loFbs2VdTqF/Q6y5LnwXZVz9k3LyGa8uqaatANmpbHq6gf1Xd2pFfZjK/2JgtVSL25912eXd1Vaal/sz/AM//APTf/YgblERAREQEREDIvK5pPyXcUdSp8OsqpaXigcHBB6uq2PwgBjJ/EHvipovlQ05dU0q8RuG23eupHMNRXrR9OzHuJmYaTXNzQpO3Nq SO58SyLugdUr kstC6urd8dup16Bh98Vx21XdwIH7fCWCVPyiDq6VJxwYVGUMDg 7XQ5X7IH86f0VoWiKihVFwuFVVUDsVO4SR6E/xGl/b/AMV5THc1NLGcnF9tXJzheqzj6W 2NVqNTsbMZIBNdiAcZIq9k/afpgafEjtLvFWhb73UM9FCNzKGdmRc7c8zJGAiIgIlZ6V9Iauj OipTUgqWNSoHIJzjauCOXZJ5 mOXfX/4eXHqUfq1f34GjSk Uax4U64P/ksCfnOhXh8/PHwkf/Dy49Sj9Wr /OfU llbVKTUmSmFbGSquG4MDw3OfCBoGhXnn9vTqHOSmGLADLDsO2B w5gzulU8niutF8rhC4amxGCxxh/gNifHPwtcBM68o/wDGU/q6/wCLUkj5SKpQUACcFqjEA4yRsw3/AFGeWr6FX1kW1VMNm1po7FwCDjcztu5 n3QJLpFq9vbNVoimTXeiyb0pqSS6YRGPNuY8Zbv9nC1qUlvXZW Cs1BFYq2CyddvUe0blz75n6AVtfoDgQb 1Vhnge1SDL kT9VwEREBERAREQIHp1/Jl9/y 4/wHmN9H/wCK0P8AgJ oJsnTr TL7/l9x/gPMb6P/wAVof8AAT9QQJCQPTmkKllUJHFWRkPqneF/VZpPSO6R2/nVrVX8Tdgc22MH2/HGIFH6P69S0yiaNSl1gasXcNtKhdqDkw7R4HhJHykIEFuAAABU AVRgAfc5B9K9Pp6fUprSztagtTLHJJZ37R GJKarq1PpDcUaRQ9XvVQ27bUVnwpXw2g4HL8HnAjelDY81/qFEj2HtTQdZ1qlowU1M9okIFGSdvpNz5cRKR0 oihXpIowq2qKo8AruBJDymfzf 8/04F1oVVuFDqchkDo3iGXcs 5VH6TJotK2pmmWzbUnZlbG1WTb/aPA E9OnWqPYU0RCVNRm3MpwQqYyFPdnKwOjUrq6Tzrq1bs9T5rhFO 7djrdvZ7ff7o125uqLuKKsVFsrIVRWzU64KR6PPq88PjKpadD7 i RKganh0Djc77sNxGcKZ9/wAA7n16P13/AHIFo1K6uk866tW7PU a4RTu3Y63b2e33 6e oXFdKtQUwdgsndCFyDV3naue84xwlQ/gHc vR u/wC5H8A7n16P13/cgXDTriu9amKinYbJHclMAVdw3LnuOM8J669qw0al1hUtlwgAO MlgTz7uAMz 8sbjoq6NvGWyVNNmKnbjIYMBnmJYunFx51Y0amMb6lN8eG6k7f 5wIzptfjUqVrVUEBhV7J5ggorfaDPfU kFbSltUpkBfNKVRgVB3bhja3gOz3eM9LW3ta n2/nTlMNU2Mp7Ry75XkeHBZCdLryndV1FL0KdJaKnuOwty9nHHwgW HTejt1p2uWiVqTdY11b3bBVOArOlWp9Ttg 1DP1JEQEREBERAREQK35Q7hbXSr1mOAbOqgP41RCifa4mSaGhp W1FSMEUEBHgdglr8s981ybbTlYBa7tVuTjJ6ujtdF58i4b4oPj AgY/QBATwvnFOlUY8hTdifYqGe8jtcrYpGmBl6oNCmoDHLOrDc2PRA XcSfAQKl0o0ivdvQKUyw82p0yVGQGXOd3hz5zj6QMbfUyUTJFW kyoBjc21Gx2e8n9M0hF2ADwAGZU9R6P1q oLXUL1e m7PuHDqlTcuOeex9sCOsdTHSC/UVaasmXFMMMMoVWcbiOfLiDkcTOvykUmcUCASAXUkDOCdmF/6TIe2ovX1NxTqdW/nFcq 3djG88jzzy M6/lm6F9TSqxQipTpvSU9ghsKW28jnOfjA4OllM0jbKQQRYUlYHmC N RJjymfzf8AvP8ATn96b6TWvrim1OmzA0gm5RkAh3Pa8F7Q4mSH TrS3v6aOgLGmW3KoySr4yVHfjCwJjQP4rQ/q9P8AUE75mtn0wuLFFphKZCIEXctTdheA3YcT7/h5c pR o/78DR4mcfw8ufUo/Uf9 P4eXPqUfqP /A7/KZ/N/dU/wBOdGt2VS9022FNSxVaLlQMnHVFeyO/msrt5fXHSp0XYCVyFFNWCjdjLMWJx6Il11m PRy0p7AGI6uiN2cdlD2jj5kCodIbZrK0s0ddrAVyynmNzqwz8C JoqeSap0itNNqU6yU18yQVg4Yttq1XuN6bRhj92IwceiOJmfdK 9TGq0bWpgBilRnQH0e2EDe4lDP050GG3TLEH gW4IPMHqEgT0REBERAREQERK/0x19OjNpVun/AXCLnG5zwROR5nvxwGTAzbp/UWvrpxx6vTURj6rtWZwPqPn4zmkXoVCoVavcMXr1m62s7elx9F PZgd3dy5ASUgIic17qFKxVFTIyAzqCfmjmYHTEA5/yMQK1Y9G2tr1rkuNvWO4UA7sup3Ke7A3mVvpFSNfUygYqWq0UD DmpKIMj3TSZA3fRpLm7W6NQjDIzIF5smMHPcvAd0CndJ7y5Wsi 1sq9JAAylgrHJ21U94x9HdyGj6heLp9NqlQ9lRlsDJ9Laq/SZQvKP/GU/q6/4tSSHSNruytXpVgKtM7Alyhwww4I60fDGfHvMC0aVqaarT6ynn G4qysMFSv4LfWWdspHQ7Uks7Ot2l6xWqVVRmwWC0k2 /iJJdCtXq6sKvWkNtKbWCKDh9/Z4fMgWWJUtR6QVrfUVoKR1e mjKVGT1qpubPPPb ySPTDU30qgHpnDNUCZKqcDaWzg 6BMXFdbVS7kBQMsx5ASo9N9QpX1pTNJwwNfK44E7EfPA8eG8fW E8r/V6msac5FJ32hPOq6ptpU/uoCbjy3t2OA8fZPbor5PqnSnS6txbdq4S86paLOqoUWkhfaW4b yzpzI4J7YGleRnonZ1NNpXNS3p1atZmNR6yLUwKVd0RUDjCDsK eHEn3DGrgY/ZK15OdEqdHdNoW1XHWIHL7TkAvVd9ue/G/HwlngIiICIiAifwnEqes UHTtDbZUukL8fudEPVYbee7qwQh9hxAtsw7pzrydNLylRoAva2 tRnqVt3Yq1eQVMHDoPX79x7iC0d018ojdJar0KL1qVkE2sKNI9 ZcbvTLlh2E7tvfu45zgdFhRS3pqtNdqBQVUgqQDx4g8c OeOYHRESN1XW6elna4Yts3oqo53c9q5xjmIHjrt 6FLegR1tXPaPKmi83b/L5s rHo9QtO1sDvwLVavbYkfhdrgPhPPQ7B9zXNf79UUAJjhSTuRfb yz/3k1AREQERECK1XQKOrOj1Adyjb2TgEbt2D7OJ mfHS matnVCgngpwBk4DoT9gMmIgUDQ9Op3OnV3dAWU1XRiMMNtJCuD 4ZHKeXQfS6ep9d1m7s7Nu12X0t c45 iJbNSs3p9d1a76dZWFRFKh0Zk2damSA4IAyCQcrnvnh0S0NtGV y7AlynBc9kDPpZ7 39kCq1tOpU9Vp0GyKRuaCOWqHIV9m/t8xzPHul48rfQSh0XtBXp1az5u1pUaVV8rRR6VV2Ud5yyDie4Y 9shNc6JNqly1UVAqsBkEHIKoBw7scBJPpbqd9r n0bGpagmi1NvOluUJqbKToGNNgDxD PNYEyiZ6FHA4ntHA541Tmfgv2Sd/2dlxplX237kZ7x1FESN6EdOLPQdOp2NxQuiUV1qK1puV tqu54ZIKdthx54k9Z VDTbJBTpW9xTQeilKy2qPmqOAgaTEzw V2wHNLoDIyWtXwvtbjO2z8qWk3jBBdhWJxirSr01U/ju6BB8TAu0TntbhLtQ6OrqeKsjKyn3ETogUT/APr j/0w/m13/wDnOHVPK3abNtiHuqxBCqlKqiKccGqu4Xh7vslWiBwXdK617tX 93WfcDut6NTZRUH8DYnp Gf0z0sNNpacMUqar3EqO0fnE8TOuIH9zP5EQEZxEQEREBERAYi cVTSqVQliGyWLFhWrgg/ikPwHsE8KlSppQBZuspb1Us7YqoHIQbjydd55nBx4wJSIIx/mTIu3erqY6xahpUyfuQCIXdPwXc1AcZ5gY5Y8YEpE57ag1HO6q 1TOMbkpLj3bEH2zogIiIDMZiIDM8ri3S6G10VhzIZVYfbPWIEQ mgpakm3q1rckhgbeu6AMOTYzJejquq0hj5Uc H 6W5I97EHMRAREQEREBERAREQEREBERAT5qoKoKsAVIKsrDIIb8 Fp9RAjvkK1/o9L6iyQRAgAAwAAFUDAAX8Gf2ICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiA iIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiICIiAiIgIiIH//Z

Schifference
11-04-2018, 05:26 AM
I don't think this site has enough traffic to justify any troll's.

Swordsmyth has many posts for which I am grateful. Without his contributions this place would have very little posted. Thank you!

Zippy harms no one and there is little to no traffic to drive away. We should focus on the real issues instead of bickering between ourselves.

All members are essential.

A Son of Liberty
11-04-2018, 07:31 AM
I don't think this site has enough traffic to justify any troll's.

Swordsmyth has many posts for which I am grateful. Without his contributions this place would have very little posted. Thank you!

Zippy harms no one and there is little to no traffic to drive away. We should focus on the real issues instead of bickering between ourselves.

All members are essential.

Swordsmyth's garbage can lead anonymous visitors to believe that Ron and his admirers are Trumpists. We are not.

Honestly I don't have any particular problem with Swordsmyth beyond that. I view him and those here like him as allies on some issues, enemies on others. There's nothing wrong with that - Ron allied with folks of almost all political persuasions during his time in Congress. Again, what I find objectionable is that Swordsmyth's activity here gives a false impression of what Ron and we rather broadly believe.

My suggestion - again - to Bryan is to come up with some way to have folks either self-identify their political leanings in their profile that shows up in the post ID somehow, or something along those lines... There's nothing wrong with Trumpists or left-liberals or anyone else posting here, except that to a certain degree their activity stands to an extent as a representation of the views of Ron and the community as a whole. If members could easily be identified as "Trumpist", "Leftist", "Ron Paul Purist", "Anti-Statist", etc., it would help clarify things.

And I'll admit, this is the same complaint that many minarchists/"Ron Paul Purists" back in the day used to level at myself and other anti-statists... that we were giving the wrong impression about Ron's views to those who might visit this site anonymously. Now, I personally feel that my views are more in line with Ron's than the Trumpists, but with the invasion of these Trumpists I certainly get their concern; and I think my idea addresses this issue from both sides.

Origanalist
11-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Wow!

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and go with the low end - 40 posts per day, and assume he's in front of a computer for 10 hours a day (and it gets worse the fewer hours he spends in front of a screen, obv)... that's one post every 15 minutes. el oh el. One post every 15 minutes basically since Trump became president... HOW ABOUT THAT!? Here on a libertarian forum where we're known for being legitimately difficult to wrangle into the day-to-day fold... Isn't that SOMETHING? :tears:

It just shows his dedication to the movement.

spudea
11-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Swordsmyth's garbage can lead anonymous visitors to believe that Ron and his admirers are Trumpists. We are not.

Honestly I don't have any particular problem with Swordsmyth beyond that. I view him and those here like him as allies on some issues, enemies on others. There's nothing wrong with that - Ron allied with folks of almost all political persuasions during his time in Congress. Again, what I find objectionable is that Swordsmyth's activity here gives a false impression of what Ron and we rather broadly believe.

My suggestion - again - to Bryan is to come up with some way to have folks either self-identify their political leanings in their profile that shows up in the post ID somehow, or something along those lines... There's nothing wrong with Trumpists or left-liberals or anyone else posting here, except that to a certain degree their activity stands to an extent as a representation of the views of Ron and the community as a whole. If members could easily be identified as "Trumpist", "Leftist", "Ron Paul Purist", "Anti-Statist", etc., it would help clarify things.

And I'll admit, this is the same complaint that many minarchists/"Ron Paul Purists" back in the day used to level at myself and other anti-statists... that we were giving the wrong impression about Ron's views to those who might visit this site anonymously. Now, I personally feel that my views are more in line with Ron's than the Trumpists, but with the invasion of these Trumpists I certainly get their concern; and I think my idea addresses this issue from both sides.

yeah we can all wear patches on our arms too... Heil Führer. And when someone seems to have the incorrect patch displayed I bet you'll complain about that too.

A Son of Liberty
11-04-2018, 09:15 AM
yeah we can all wear patches on our arms too... Heil Führer. And when someone seems to have the incorrect patch displayed I bet you'll complain about that too.

lol, yeah, good call. My idea is fascist.

What the actual fuck...

acptulsa
11-04-2018, 09:38 AM
It just shows his dedication to the movement.

Well, he's clearly not dedicated to the libertarian movement. So what movement would that be? Would bowels be involved?

Zippyjuan
11-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Obviously the federal budget is out of control and discretionary and non discretionary spending need to be cut. However, I was responding to a post insinuating that the tax cuts increased the deficit, while in reality, they decreased it.

I see things have digressed in this thread since I last visited it but to go back to this topic, the tax cuts went into effect in January of this year. The fiscal year started in October. When you start looking at changes in tax revenues when you look at time-wise matters. The tax cuts did not impact tax revenues in October, November, December and actually January because the tax cuts were not yet in effect. Let's look at tax revenues. Treasury Department official statement (PDF): https://www.fiscal.treasury.gov/fsreports/rpt/mthTreasStmt/mts0918.pdf

I will start with the most recent and work back.

September 2017 revenues (in $millions): $348,722
September 2018 revenues: $343,559
net loss of revenues from year before (and the economy also grew in the mean time): $5,163

August 2017 revenues: $226,311
August 2018 revenues: $219,115
net loss of revenues from year before: $7,196

July 2017 revenues: $232,040
July 2018 revenues: $225,266
Net loss of revenues from year before: $6,774

June 2017 revenues: $338,660
June 2018 revenues: $316, 278
Net loss of revenues from year before: $22,382

May 2017 revenues: $240,418
May 2018 revenues: $217,075
net loss of revenues from year before: $23,343

April 2017 revenues: $455,605
April 2018 revenues: $510,447
net gain in revenues from year before: $54,842

March 2017 revenues: $216,584
March 2018 revenues: $210,832
Net loss of revenues from year before: $5,752

February 2017 revenues: $171,713
February 2018 revenues: $155,623
net loss of revenue from year before: $16,090

That gives us only one month after the tax cuts went into effect where revenues were above the previous year. For all other months, the revenues have been down.

Net loss of revenue in that time: $31.858 billion compared to the year before. This includes all sources of government revenues, not just taxes. The tariffs on steel and aluminum have brought in an estimated $4 billion. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-20/trump-s-china-metals-tariffs-reach-4-billion-in-new-revenue It is not true that government revenues have been higher since the tax cuts went into effect. Lower revenues add to the deficit- they do not decrease it.

Ender
11-04-2018, 01:51 PM
Funny how you defend zippy who outright opposes the mission but join in the campaign by the trolls to demonize me for having a few different opinions.

So, it's OK for you to call me a troll but if I give it backatcha, then it's demonizing?

Ah...... more Trumpsplaining.... I get it.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 05:46 PM
So, it's OK for you to call me a troll but if I give it backatcha, then it's demonizing?

Ah...... more Trumpsplaining.... I get it.
No, you participated in the attempts to demonize me long before this exchange.

And you always rush to defend zippy and many of the other obvious trolls while never attacking them, if you aren't officially working with them then you have psychological issues that cause you to voluntarily side with your enemies and attack those that should be your friends even if they differ with you on a few issues.

Swordsmyth
11-04-2018, 05:53 PM

My suggestion - again - to @Bryan (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=2) is to come up with some way to have folks either self-identify their political leanings in their profile that shows up in the post ID somehow, or something along those lines... There's nothing wrong with Trumpists or left-liberals or anyone else posting here, except that to a certain degree their activity stands to an extent as a representation of the views of Ron and the community as a whole. If members could easily be identified as "Trumpist", "Leftist", "Ron Paul Purist", "Anti-Statist", etc., it would help clarify things.

I'm sorry to break it to you but Ron isn't an anarchist and it is far more off-putting to ordinary people who come here to see the anarchists posting here while announcing that they are the only true fans of Dr. Ron, Rand himself is friendly with Trump and I have plenty of company on this site for almost all of my positions.

Ron's following was always diverse and any intelligent person can come here and see it is still diverse.

It is quite foolish to ask labels to be applied to the members here because few of us would fit any specific label and most of those that would fit one would likely reject it and insist that they didn't fit it, it really is quite ironic to see such a collectivist suggestion on this site and doubly so coming from one of the anarchists.

Ender
11-04-2018, 05:58 PM
No, you participated in the attempts to demonize me long before this exchange.

And you always rush to defend zippy and many of the other obvious trolls while never attacking them, if you aren't officially working with them then you have psychological issues that cause you to voluntarily side with your enemies and attack those that should be your friends even if they differ with you on a few issues.

Uh....NO.

I get along with many people on this forum who I don't agree with 100%. It is you who have the issues & always spread the hate.